August 2017 – 31 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2017 – 31 Day Challenge

This topic contains 2,027 replies, has 142 voices, and was last updated by  Yondi 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 2,032 total)

• Day 3 | Sydney Australia | FD

Yesterday was a cancelled fasting day that ended up being an orgy of chocolate and beef rendang (without rice) after brain fog set in around 7 pm. Still well under my TDEE anyway and no real damage done judging by the scales this morning.

Today I had a punnet of strawberries for lunch and some vegetable soup in the afternoon. I’m at around 300 calories so far for the day and it’s 5 pm.

I need to come up with some strategies for when I need to cancel a fasting day. Other than “chocolate, more chocolate, crisps, coca cola”

I bought some papaya today for (a) its delicious taste and low calories; and (b) its gentle laxative effect. Enough said.

hello from Australia…count me in

Hello day 3 co down ni fast day

Just checking in and setting my stall for the day x

Day 3 Sunshine Coast Qld Australia: FD:

FD going well. Have had a few pecan nuts this evening. Had miso soup in a cup for lunch, for the first time ever. Not too bad, but it does have 1.2 grams sugar. I guess that won’t do too much to the 500 cals. Haven’t read today’s entries so will try and catch up later this evening.

Day 3 UK NFD , Pleased with yesterday’s FD particularly when OH said he fancied a glass of wine with dinner and I stuck to a tonic water – a small thing but think the pocketwinos will appreciate the effort involved 😀

@at – like you I do quite a bit of yoga ,Pilates and just recently I’ve been doing abs classes at the gym so have a reasonably strong core – unfortunately it’s covered by flab but my dream is to reveal a fantastic 6 pack- unrealistic maybe but it’s one of my motivators.One particular move I find challenging I think they are called Spider-Man plank – normal plank and then raise alternate knees to elbow 😖

Thanks coda 🎖

Day 3, UK, NFD

Day 3, Wales, FD

@brightonbelle – I might have crumbled so respect on resisting the wine!

Rubbish weather here in Wales, wet and windy, I ought to go for a walk but I’m just looking outside and hoping it will brighten up soon, envy those of you having heatwaves.

Have a good day everyone, especially those of you keeping me company on my FD.

Day 3 Chester UK FD

Yesterday was NFD, during the week I try to keep NFDs to the cals suggested by mfp, this means that mon – fri I usually do 2xfd and 3x controlled days. The way I see it , this keeps me some cals in the bag for the unavoidable weekend splurges!

Yesterday I avoided the “tuck shop” which one of the girls in work had set up to raise money for charity. She’d filled two desks with all the rubbish but so good sweets you remember. Foam shrimps and bananas, false teeth, cola bottles – you get the picture. I wasn’t 100% successful and succumbed later in the day to licorice all sorts and a finger of fudge – it’s just enough to give the kids a treat😀.

It didn’t do too much damage, as I ended the day on about 1300 cals. Today’s FD will be an apple for lunch and soup with a slice of toast for tea.

Day 3 Belfast NFD
    Lots of great posts, which I’ve skimmed and will read properly later.
    A successful FD yesterday with around 550 cals. The scales are looking good this morning.

@coda – thank you so much for my medal. Is it any coincidence that CDM stands for Cadburys Dairy Milk? Lol!

Welcome to this great forum New Leaf. (What a very positive handle! )And congen66 – I’ve added your names to the spreadsheet, but using it is totally optional.
    Great news about your cholesterol levels @at. Must get mine done. As far as asthma is concerned, I have found swimming has been a great help. Interestingly, my chest size has broadened too, even with losing weight. I only use Ventolin now if I exercise in cold weather, and Becotide I’m getting a chest infection. I’m on a mission at the moment to cut all my meds.

PLANK CHALLENGE – I’m with you AT!
    @snowflake56 @lindasue @okeydokey ?@fatrabbit @debster ( won’t be back till Monday but will start then)and anyone else wanting to join………..

Thanks Okeydokey for that link. There are right and wrong ways to do everything. I’ve got lazy with situps etc so I’m with you on those too!
    @keetseel – what the blazes is the chaturanga dandasana!

I’m off today in the caravan – off to see YS’s new house. This is where I usually sabotage everything, so trying to stay motivated. I think the caravan is too narrow for planking, but will give it a go!

Remember: TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Is there now a group ‘pocket plankers’? nice bit of alliteration lol

@penz – thank you so much for all that advise! it is really helpful. I think I will just have to avoid sweets/junk by not buying them. I once gave it up everyday for a month and lost 14lbs. I don’t think I could give it up forever. and I cannot give up my wine at the weekends! love it way too much after a hard working week. I guess I’ll just have to work harder during the week to deserve it!

I tried to fast every day this week and failed so far.. some days only 600kcals and no day was over 1000kcals so it wasn’t a bad week but I really need to get at least 3 days next week with 500kcals or less.

Someone here said they don’t eat anything on a FD – is that ok to do? It might be easier for me to eat nothing then I won’t even think of food on a FD.

i’m trying another FD today especially as I am weighing in tomorrow! I was 173lbs last week so fingers crossed its down from there!

Day 3, Newcastle UK, NFD

Yesterday’s FD turned into a CD – including one pint of beer – but I’m happy as I really was in control and mindfully made my decisions. Another whoooooooosh and reached a new all time low this morning of 133.3lbs. However, I’m out for lunch with friends today and no doubt will exceed TDEE. The important thing is that the trend of weight eradication is on a downwards trend – despite taking the scenic route. The flexibility of this WOL means it truly is sustainable.

Lots of comments and good advice from fellow pocket winos. Another thing that helps me is constantly reminding myself that moderating alcohol is not just about weight loss – in fact that’s just a healthy bonus. Alcohol, as we regularly hear, can cause a whole range of diseases, so aiming for some alcohol free days and generally cutting down is a very sensible goal for all of us. As some veterans of this forum will recall, I frightened the hell out of myself back in February and despite the occasional blip, I have changed my drinking habits massively since then.

@flourbaby – cankles? I call mine fankles 🙂 Yay for the whoosh @keetseel & @flourbaby. And for all those who have not yet heard of the Whoosh effect – here is the link: http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/
    @RedRockGirl – thanks for your response. Ever since Dr. M. said we could have 800 cals instead of 500, I think I’ve only managed one at 500!
    Enjoy your vacation @sirisan. @amber22 – all the best with your new job and new healthy WOL. @rainbowsmile – take it day by day and visualise yourself in that little BL with no spanx 🙂
    @jlmagadaniels – I’m shaking my head in despair…..I’d be tempted to ask where the healthy lunch options are.

Time for Henry Ford’s wise words again: “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.”

2nd post

@aoife1984 – you’ll be pleased to hear your 600 cals days are indeed FDs.

DAY 3 QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA FD
    Feeling pleased as had meeting today with morning tea and lunch provided. Mnaged to stick to very small serve of ham and salad and a few strawberries and not one bit of cake!! @Brigton Belle congrats on passing up the wine. I too like a glass after a day at work but have managed AFD’s Sun-Thurs for last 2 weeks. 🙂
    Good effort for me!!

Day 3 NFD UK Oxford.

Checking in.

This is amazing news! I see some people are saying even 800kcals is acceptable? I know I should always be consuming less than others as I’m only 5 foot 1 – short people are meant to eat less.. so unfair. I should succeed with 2 FD’s this week if I stick with it today!

Day 3 UK NFD

Only because going out for dinner tonight. But planning to be very controlled till then and pick carefully from the menu! No wine as driving…. so should be ok.

Day 3 Netherlands FD

Finding it hard to fast when home all day (easier during term time!) Ate well yesterday so am hoping that today will go well. Lots of cleaning to do before visitors arrive tomorrow.
    Am enjoying following all the posts too!

Day 3 – UK – FD

Day 3…..Florida……NFD

One can not continue doing the same things and expect a different outcome each time. Making one small adjustment can and always will change the outcome.

Today, is my last day of work for the next 5 days…. a nice mini break. We were going to go away but decided a staycation at home would be better. It’s going to be awful nice to have a break from the real world….. so to speak!
    The OH is taking the same mental break as well. Our plans include getting the garden ready for our fall garden, fixing the hallway floor from our bathroom leak, helping the youngest with minor repairs on his car and being together. At some point, I’ll need to make a trip to the market, it’s been nearly 6 weeks since I last went. People are starting to complain there is nothing to eat…… (for those newbies, I only food shop once a month, it’s a great way to reduce you overall food budget if your looking to do it. If you want to know how to start let me know and I’ll give you tips )

@coda…. thanks for my well earned metal!

All righty, all righty, all righty, I off to see a man about a horse.

I was addicted to the hokey pokey and I turned myself around!

Day 3, London, UK, FD (3rd of B2B2B)

@coda, thanks so much for the medal…………….. I’m not sure I deserve it as my holiday derailed spectacularly and there was a reacquisition of a ‘few’ lbs!!!!, having said that……………………….. You can’t have it back, printed and on the (empty ‘treat cupboard’ already!!!!!!

@strawberriesandcream, congrats on the B2B whooshing………….. my dream!!! After the 4lb eradication, I’ve had another 1lb go AWOL……………… in the right direction, so good enough for me!!!! Cankles = the noticeable merging of calf & ankle!!!!!!! Not pretty!!! What we don’t EVER want to see are canklighs!!!!!! Can you guess what those might be!!!

Keep the faith everyone, this really does work!!!!!

Day 3 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Woke up to a very wet Cumbrian day – will be doing some housework that I have been postponing………
    Had a lovely day out with DD yesterday – healthy brunch, at least for me!!!……lots of window shopping and time to talk 👩‍👧

@rainbowsmile – staying in control whilst under great stress is doing great – just pop in daily and post here and know that we have got you whilst you are dealing with life
    @amber22 – 👍new job and new WOL – you have got this!
    @congen66 – welcome – never too late to join – read @debster251 introduction on page one and if you have time go through the posts briefly as some great advice already shared but just ask questions and someone will answer – very friendly group
    @sirisan – have a fab holiday with the family
    @missybear – rubbish weather here too 🌧☂️and looks set to stay!!!!!
    @aoife1984 – I don’t keep sweets/chocolate/crisps or biscuits/cakes in the house so no temptations!!!! I keep my intake of cake for when I go out for a coffee with my OH (like this morning – a small slice of a yummy blueberry cake!) or with friends a couple of times a week only; but I am definitely part of the pocket winos 🍷🥂 who are trying to limit themselves to the weekend only at home and during the week only if social commitments arise…….and 600cals is definitely a FD!

PLANK CHALLENGE
    @okeydokey @keetseel @lilymartin @lindasue @snowflake56 @lagrandebouffe @brightonbelle @debster251 @fatrabbit ??
    As has been said by @lilymartin – it is very important to do an exercise properly if one is not to suffer any damage – form and holding a position properly is key – there are lots of videos on the net from beginner to advanced ones which can be helpful.
    @brightonbelle – I started at High Intensity Pilates glass last week and part of the sequence we did involved the spider man plank! First time for me that one…..
    With all the talk of “Chaturanga Dandasana” I thought I would clarify that this is one of the positions in the Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation sequence in yoga. Here is a link with a video showing this rather hard yoga pose:- https://www.yogajournal.com/videos/chaturanga
    Surya Namaskar or Sun salutation video link:- https://www.yogajournal.com/videos/salute-the-sun there is also a link on that page for a video showing a modified variation for beginners

“A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking…….because her trust is not in the branch but in her own wings……BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

Day3 North Wales FD. Going well so far. I intend eating one meal today at about 5pm. I stupidly ate fish and chips last night without reducing my portion size 😳. Determined to do well this FD. Entertaining my two granddaughters so I am being distracted. Remember fasters, we are stronger 💪 together.

Day 3, FD

I do quite like FDs – no worrying about food just coffee and water! 
    What a fun lot of posts to read this morning.

Coda! Thanks for the medal! Is it ridiculous to feel so chuffed to receive it? (And I was away the end of July so I didn’t sign off at the end of the month. Just moved straight into August!)

CalifDreamer: Interesting to hear of your weight gain after drinking wine. I only weigh myself once a week (or less) so I’ve not tracked my own consequences but I imagine it would be similar to yours. Esp if I’ve had a really big night I tend to crave greasy carb-laden food the next morning. If you walk around a lot at parties with the same drink in your hand that sounds like a good thing – extra exercise! 
    Awilson – great tip re adding Pellegrino to a glass of wine. Perfect for hot weather. I also try to alternate a glass of water with a glass of alcohol to slow me down and fill me up.

Thanks for the plank challenge, Snowflake! I did a one-off challenge with my OH recently, but I like the different variations of the plank you pose. I’m with you! Have you got a link with pictures that show what the different plank positions look like? I think I understand the elbow side plank, but not entirely sure…

Keetseel – how did the sitting in a different chair technique work for you?
    Well done BrightoneBelle for resisting your OH’s offer of a glass of wine with dinner. That was my undoing the other night – you did well!

Hi Aoife1984 – you’re welcome! Sounds like you’re doing extremely well to stay under 1000 calories per day all week. That must be well below your TDEE! I’m one of those people who eats nothing on FDs. For me, I find that psychologically easier than eating only a very small amount of food and then being tempted to eat more. I still have my coffees in the morning, and if my tummy rumbles, then I just have a drink of water or some hot herbal tea. At the end of the day, when my OH eats his dinner, I just ignore him and tell myself that I’ve gone the Entire Day without eating, so there’s not reason to blow it at the end and eat something. Like you say, I just don’t think about food.

Strawberriesandcream “a new all time low” – what blissful words! Doing a little happy dance for you.

And returning to the sort of theme we had going in the July challenge, I caught myself thinking about Vanilla Slices yesterday. Who knows these? Thick custard sandwiched between flaky pastry, ideally topped with passionfruit icing. Yum!

Day 3 – 🇬🇧- FD

Enjoying the top tips – everyday is a learning day!!!!

2nd post

Lol think we all need to be careful when typing ‘pocket plankers’ ha ha

@fuvie was that 1.2g of sugar in 100g or per serving? I just looked at my packet and while it states 1.5g that is in 100g whereas per 10g packet it has just 0.1g of sugar.

@flourbaby – off course you deserve the medal – you saw the challenge out to the end which is what counts. Good to know you are displaying it proudly lol.

Anyone else who took part in the July challenge – your medal is waiting and if @chitowngal goes back she will find I have correct my error. So sorry!

@debster251 – not many remember the Cadbury Dairy Milk medal ha ha – yes perhaps a bit ironic I present a chocolate medal for the challenge but at least you can’t eat it. Enjoy your time away and celebrating YS’s new home.

@rainbowsmile – someone on a previous challenge posted something when they were going through a divorce or received advise about wearing silk or something – I will do my best to find it or if any older members can remember what it was please post.

I just tried another plank as I cleaned out a big shed again. I am already down on hands and knews with room to stretch out so it seems a good opportunity and I am already smothered in dirty rabbit bedding anyway. I really can only hold one for twenty seconds aand that is a real effort. My neck and back are hurting today so I didn’t try another. I really can’t afford to injure myself so perhaps joining a challenge is a step too far. I have had trouble with rib pain in the past and have loose ligaments generally so I need a slowly slowly approach to building up my core muscles especially with my broken tailbone. I take being able to assume the plank position at all as an achievement. So I will watch your challenge and perhaps be inspired to try a few when I feel up to it but not actually participate.

Just ate a lovely selection of fruit out of the garden. Blackberries, blueberries, white currants and the last of the gooseberries. Hopefully that will see me through until I manage to get the sheds bedded. I am dodging showers at the moment. It was forecast dry this afternoon after a wet morning but it seems to have altered to wet for most of the day. It is a bit pointless giving them wet bedding:( But I have removed the dirty bedding already so I have to get it done. I had a late start and am going to finish late too, which means eating late.

Day 3 – USA – FD

Day 3 Massachusetts USA FD @aoife1984 I can relate to being a small person- I’m 5’1″(and relatively sedentary from MS) so my TDEE is only 1200 calories. Doing my FD today as tomorrow is my birthday. I won’t “pig out” tomorrow but we are going to dinner, which is always hard to control. I didn’t plan what we’ll have tonight (my grandkids are here and planning is tough). I can always just have very small portion of whatever we have (and no wine cooler or sweets.)

Day 3 USA-WA FD
    @coda thanks for the medal-I love it!

@okeydokey, @snowflake56, @lindasue and others planking their way through August and wondering about balancing their chaturanga with their parvotonasana (translate doing some think that really engages the core, pecs, and upper arm muscles with something that releases those same muscles by doing something that stretches the hamstrings, stretches muscles you were engaging, and engagines the trapezius muscle-yes, I realize anatomy language is like Sanskrit to some!)-the bottom like is to engage, then release, relax, and counter stretch. Yoga relies on this strategy to keep the body healthy. So if you are intensely using a group of muscles, what can you do to really release them after the engagement, and then, can you balance that by using another group of muscles(ideally, the opposition muscles-for one group to contract, another has to be releasing). I have been doing planks and variations for awhile, I teach them more days than not, but you do need to pay attention to form and listen to your neck, rotator cuffs, and leave time to release and counter stretch. I’m with all you plankers in your challenge!

@foodfreedomgirl I know Spirit Lake-my grandparents had a place up there when I was a kid! Beautiful area.

To everyone in the Pacific NW of the USA suffering from extremely high temps and also excessive smoke and nasty air from forest fires in British Columbia-be well and take it easy. Our air quality here is terrible today!

I’m inspired by all the posts to have a simple FD today. I can’t go zero calories or even close, or I don’t do well teaching my yoga/cardio dance classes, and I’m still figuring out exactly how much I need to eat on a FD to teach well and not get light headed. What I eat matters as much as how much-I know that! Planning it out in advance also really helps.

My best to fasters and non fasters, plankers and non-plankers today!

Day 3 Australia. Very bad food day. Deliberately stupid food choices. Will try harder! I have also bought new scales which I hope are more accurate than the three (yes three!) other sets which are under the bathroom cupboard. My original set was definitely 2-3 kgs light and the screen is so opaque it is hard to read. The second fancy-pants set broke within weeks and now don’t work at all and I’m pretty sure the third set also weighs light. Fourth time lucky!

Day 3, Rocky Mountains, US, 800 cals

Checking in! 😊😊😊

Day 1 – UK – NFD
    Day 2 – NFD
    Day 3 – FD

Newbie here… I read through a bit of the July challenge and was inspired to join you for August – a little late turning up though! I would love to participate if I may. I’m new to the forum, 5:2 and dieting in general, and am finding all the advice, links and discussion on this thread really useful. So, to introduce myself…

I started 5:2 at the end of June, with a goal of fitting into a surprisingly tight bridesmaid’s dress 4 weeks later (it was loose when bought 5 months earlier). A good kick to get started. I dropped 2lb in that time, and the dress fitted, which was fantastic. The time around the wedding was a bit of a write-off, but I got back to it this Monday with a sub-500 FD and a surprise 3lb drop on the scales. I started at 134lb, now down to 129lb, but there’s quite a way to go to my goal of 119lb or 8 ½ stone.

My aim is to do Mondays and Thursdays at 500 calories, keep up my new Pilates class on Tuesdays and walk the 3 miles from work to mainline station at least 1 evening a week. I also walk 1.6 miles each way as part of my commute 3 days a week. I use a Fitbit to track steps and an old fashioned notebook to count calories (only on FD).

I work Mon-Tues on my feet all day, usually racking up 11-12,000 steps before I get home, then Wed-Fri at a desk job where I find it hard to get above 8,000 steps.

My OH is returning this weekend from several months working away from home and is keen to get out of bad habits from cooking (or eating out) with colleagues – he is thinking about joining me on 5:2. I’m pleased, because I’ve been concerned that it will be harder to keep to my plans if we eat different evening meals. But he has a very physical job and is worried about how to keep his energy up throughout the day. Any tips would be very welcome.

And finally, those stats and goals…

30 years old
    5’2”
    129.4lb on 31 July
    125lb by 31 August
    119lb eventually

Long post to say hello… thanks for reading!

Day 4/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Day 3 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

It is so encouraging to see newbies getting into the swing of our WOL! So many of us on this forum have had wonderful success with 5:2 and other variations of IF. YEAH for you all!

Doing fine myself. I direct a townspeople choir with our summer ‘bandshell’ concert this Sunday evening that has my mind and time occupied. We also are watching the weather because rain would mean a change of venue. I do appreciate the kind comments I have had about my weight loss with people seeing my derriere as I direct! (It is significantly smaller than it was last summer — hips down 5″!)

LOVE the pocket plankers! Wish I could join you, but once I get beyond about a minute, my back aches and pains me.

Onward and downward all!

Day 3 Akron Ohio FD. I am back in the swing of ADF. When I started this WOL in Feb, I started with 5:2 and once I adjusted I switched to ADF with at least one B2B a week; I was hoping for quicker results and it worked out for me at the time with a 21 pound loss over 4 and half months. My plan this month is to go back to that with the goal of eliminating the 5 pounds gained during my recent vacation and family trips.
    Love the pocket plank idea. Prior to our vacation, my family of four took the 21 day plank challenge. Planks are the best!

Day 3 California USA FD

Well, I’ve officially hit a 1 week plateau in the 138’s (62’s), though why is not a mystery or undeserved. I had a pretty good NFD yesterday with half a Veggie Subway sandwich last night. I did add a 200 calorie small bag of potato chips (crisps) with it and enjoyed them immensely. The thing we sometimes forget is that when our diets are calorie restricted, everything we do eat tastes so much better. Rather than scarfing down that half sandwich with hardly a thought, I thoroughly enjoyed every bite. I’m willing to give up the crazy eating which got me to my high weight for more attentive but also much more enjoyable eating adventures.

I hope today’s FD helps me get out of the 138/62 range.

Day 3 – Finland – FD

Thank you for hosting this month’s challenge, @debster251! Please count me in as well. I will be pretty busy this month working on my thesis, but hopefully I’ll still be able to log in at the very least each week.

I will weigh myself on Sunday in order to get my starting weight for the challenge. As far as what comes to my goals, I hope to be able to finally break the 59 kg limit I’ve been slowly inching towards and move closer to my overall goal. In order to make the month more successful, I’m planning on keeping an eye on my NFD food intake, setting my lowest TDEE as the limit (I’m going to be sitting around a lot, after all).

I’m also interested in joining @at‘s plank challenge! I have a pretty strong core – I did the example plan you wrote here without any breaks today – so I guess I have yet to find a plan that challenges me (perhaps I’ll add time to the forearm and high planks as the weeks proceed). For others looking for an easier plan, here’s one option you could follow: 30 day plank challenge.

My fasting has been as following so far:
    today – 493 kcal, 2.0 l water/tea so far
    Day 2 – NFD
    Day 1 – FD (0 kcal) – very much needed after the overeating I fell into over the past weekend – despite not eating anything throughout the day, I still felt stuffed the following morning.

I’ll be joining after my holiday…. 🙂

Day 3 Lancaster, PA FD
    I’m in the zone, Only water and 1 cup of coffee since yesterday evening. I’m wanting to save money and lower cals., they go hand in hand.✨
    @at I love your saying ✨“A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking…….because her trust is not in the branch but in her own wings……BELIEVE IN YOURSELF” I 💛 that ✨

🎉✨✨Congratulations @strawberriesandcream on your success! As a favorite US Country song by Garth Brooks, goes… 🎶🎶 😊I’ve got friends in 😂low places ✨🤠😊🎶🎶
    @aoife1984 Yes It’s ok to not eat on a FD, some of us find it easier and it works well. Some like a few hour fast break keeping the calories down below either 300, 500, or 800 no simple sugars. If you do eat, making it a healthy choice makes all the difference in the world to be able to continue with fasting and or IF intermediate fasting. 💦Drink plenty of water regularly to help the whoosh effect! Thanks @strawberriesandcream for the link of the Whoosh effect: http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/ Best wishes and Good Luck!
    Pocket Plankers 😊
    PLANK CHALLENGE started,facilitated by @at 😊✨✨😊
    @at @okeydokey @krisnia @keetseel @lilymartin @lindasue @snowflake56 @lagrandebouffe @brightonbelle @debster251 @fatrabbit ??

Add your name if you are interested in joining in😊

✨Today, I’m going to test the waters and see how much, 😊 or how little I can do😂 I am going to give it a try.

✨Wishing all smooth sailing and an enjoyable day!
    We Got this✨😉 Good Luck ✨

Day 3 – Co.Meath, Ireland – NFD
    Current weight: 155lbs
    August goal: 149 lbs

Had a great FD yesterday with the Whoosh Fairy visiting overnight and giving me a 2 pound drop.
    I am now just over 1 pound away from entering the 10 stone bracket….

So, I tried 18:6 today, not a bother, had boiled egg, oat bran bread and ham for lunch, and will have salmon fillets with low fat caprese salad at 7.

Loving this new WOE. Love all the hints and tips on the forum too. Thanks guys ☺️

Hi have gained lot and would like to loose those extra KGS….today’s my first day.Being with you all may I be consistent.
    Thank you

@strawberriesandcream
    OMG…just read the link on the Whoosh effect and suddenly that phenomenon is clear 😮
    I called it the Whoosh Fairy but did not realise how and why…just knew it was random. Brilliant stuff…..and great that a celebration meal can bring it on 🤗🤗

Day 3, Emden Germany, NFD

@okeydokey, my back is much better now, I can do my normal exercises. At my FD I always have yogurt, milk or soup with crème fraîche for dinner. It could be a mind thing though, when I was a child my mother always gave me milk when I couldn’t sleep, so perhaps it’s just the remembered feeling that lets me sleep.

@keetseel let’s do it!

@krisnia thanks for the explanation

@at thanks for the link, it looks so graceful. This 5-minute-plan looks like a good plan to me, I think can do it, perhaps at the end of the month I’m able to do what @chumi can do without any effort, just great. This is a challenge I really like!

@bert1802 – I hadn’t thought about eating and weight as the same definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome! Usually for me it has been some computer problem I am trying to solve! 🙂

Day 3 – SA – NFD

I decided to move my fast day. I haven’t had a lot of sleep in the past three days and I’m a little stressed from work. Yay for 5:2 flexibility!

2nd post

PLANK CHALLENGE started,facilitated by @at 😊✨✨😊
    @at @okeydokey @keetseel @lilymartin @lindasue @snowflake56 @lagrandebouffe @brightonbelle @debster251 @fatrabbit ?? @chumi @penz

@penz you’re joining in, aren’t you. I just had a look at “20 way to do a plank” but there seem to be a lot more variations, I’m just a beginner.

Day 3
    FD, I was up way too early soooo this is going to be a long day! But all is good so far! Dill pickles,black coffee and cucumbers so far 👏

Day 3 Lancaster, PA FD
    Only water and black coffee so far today😊
    @mjmj You got this! Good for you! Wishing you well for the rest of today ✨
    @snowflake56 I’m so glad your back is better now😊 ✨✨🎉🎉Congrats on maintaining at or sometimes below your goal weight for many, many months😊You inspire me to keep trying. 😊✨😊 In order to stay at your goal weight in maintenance as you have 😊 Do you have to have the protein, i.e. Yogurt before a certain time in the evening or can you have it right before you go to sleep 😴 and still maintain. I’m thinking since I don’t eat breakfast and sometimes lunch most days. That might be ok. What has worked for you?

@at @okeydokey @keetseel @lilymartin @lindasue @snowflake56 @krisnia @lagrandebouffe @brightonbelle @debster251 @fatrabbit ?? @chumi @penz

Plank Pocketeers
    My experience for today Planking.
    1:50 pm in the afternoon
    1 of 30 seconds; both arm hand plank
    2 of 30 seconds elbow planks
    Up flight of stairs twice, heart rate increased to 90 bpm, 😊fat burning zone.
    Sun salutes, including knee bends, and presses, push ups, stretches.
    Sit ups 75 ✨ blended knee with feet braced to the floor.

As long as I don’t push down on to the floor on my left knee, my knee isn’t painful and this routine is working for me so far.😊
    ✨Thank-you @at for starting the Plank Challenge 😊✨🎉

3rd post @califdreamer – It was one of the best things I found about this WOL – re-discovering how nice good food tasted. When you only have 400-500 cals to spend you spend them wisely and I for one cut my meal up in tiny little bites and I savour each and every one.

Another good fast day – one cup of coffee in the morning and one cup of miso soup at about 2pm the rest of the gaps filled with water. Fish with tomato salsa and a little bit of potato salad made with new potatoes for dinner. NFD tomorrow as going out with OH for a meal – looking forward to it already.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 2,032 total)

You must be logged in to reply.