Audacious and Achievable August 2023

This topic contains 267 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Penz 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 267 total)

• Day 22 UK CD

Excellent FD yesterday bc I didn’t really feel like eating! This cold that isn’t covid has left me with a rattly bronchitic cough, headache and snuffly so I decided to stay home again. And basically i’m tired, which I should know if I stopped and listened to my body, and if I looked back at my diary to see what I’ve squished in the last 4 weeks!

It was not a balanced eating day! Lots of fizzy water and black coffee, then quorn chicken with a tsp vegan garlic butter and a tomato, then left over soya chunks with a bit more garlic butter and some sweet chilli sauce- very satisfyingly chewy – followed by the remainder of nectarine/mango/plum compote with a dollop of soya yogurt. Total calories just over 600 which will do me.

I’m trying to wean myself away from quorn pieces to soya chunks to reduce processed food, but I also prefer the texture of the rubbery/chewy chunks as they are more satisfying to eat and don’t take up space in the freezer:) Also much cheaper!

This morning I remembered to weigh – and found myself down even further than Sunday, to 80.4 kg or 177lb. I realised I’ll be away on my usual Friday weigh-day, so measured too – 0.5″ off my fat suit so far. The combo of changing treats, losing cheese, eating to goal weight TDEE on NFDs and putting every bite into MFP seems to be paying off after a mere 4.5 weeks – woo hoo. (Note to self: I started back in late July at 185lb, started August at 182lbs…. longterm trend is excellent progress, and staying away from the unhealthier ‘treats’ helps!)

That’s my mojo motivated to continue healthy eating – tho one look in the fridge would do that too! On the ‘eat up before I go’ list are still a big cos lettuce and a bag of leaves, courgettes, half a bag of kale, mushrooms, aubergine and nectarines, plus at least one portion of green sauce. On the ‘could last if well stored’ list are carrots, beetroot, sweet potato, lemons and A Lot of cooking apples from a friend-of-a-friend’s allotment tree which are supposed to be en route to chutney – post-camping! There’s not much space in the freezer for batch cooking as I shopped to last to mid/late September and haven’t been eating as much 🙂

@merryapple hope the long drive goes well and you have a lovely time. I’m so glad you like my menus – I feel as tho that’s all I say here, on a fasting forum and talk about food! But I also like reading other people’s meal ideas so…. Funnily enough I often take pictures of my food – partly to remind me what I’ve eaten and partly because I usually make it look lovely, which apparently people who live solo don’t often do – who knew?!

@metatauta good to hear from you. Happy birthday wishes and sorry you have been ill again. Well done in staying in the zone x

Snap @lilymartin! It sounds as tho we are in a really similar place, both with weight/goals and coming out of a super-busy period feeling keen to get healthier again with mojo on the rise 🙂 Let’s buddy up on the way down and keep each other going 🙂

@funshipfreddie hope you get to the bottom of your backache – and have a lovely time away. Thanks so much for your daily quotes and links 🙂

@daffodil2010 happy anniversary!

@lilymartin thanks for the encouragement. Your long drive sounds an exhausting start to the week – hope it gets easier x

@northgeorgia weight loss isn’t linear as you know, and sometimes a FD’s effects will only show a few days later. You are brilliant at diving into the data and spotting longterm trends – you’ve got this! Have a very happy birthday week x

@stitchincarol thanks for excellent hosting this month. I look forward to your daily posts and chat, and am enjoying your direct encouragement. Yesterday I read a Buddhist saying, ‘to try is to lie’ ie ‘Ill try to do that’ often means I won’t do it. THanks to your Audacious lead, the 5:2 WOL feels more Achievable this August 🙂

Day 22 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 159.4

Restrained eating yesterday got rid of that bulk/water weight, but I’m still not down for the month, so I’m really delighted to finally be back at a WFD, and it will not be sabotaged as last Thursday’s WF was.

It’s 7:25 and 78F/25c; the forecasted high will be 100/38. Humidity has gone back up and is 95%–that’s what makes it particularly miserable out there. Yuck, yuck, yuck. But Friday is supposed to be down to 88/31 and Saturday and Sunday down to 80/26 with lows around 60/15, WHEW! Our air conditioner has been working hard to keep the house at a reasonable 74/23, and I look forward to when the nights are cool enough that we can open windows again.

========================

@merryapple Well done on getting down to the bottom half of the 80s, and on tackling Mr. Mac’s haircut yesterday; enjoy your trip!

@metatauta Wow, that was lots of news packed into a short few lines. Happy birthday, congratulations on the loss, and serious bummer on the stomach virus! You just keep showing the same discipline and determination, and you’ll get down to your ideal weight, and then that same discipline and determination will keep you there in maintenance. Well done!

@lilymartin I don’t know but what our delight to HAVE you back exceeds your delight to BE back–we’ve missed your chatter! Here’s one of the things I think of (and even successfully some of the times! 😂😂😂) when I’m fighting hunger: it’s a gift to feel hungry. If you think about it, other than when we’re fasting, hunger is a truly rare sensation for us, right? So embrace it as the gift it is, telling us that we’re eating with restraint and that’s a good thing! (Or, so I tell myself!) Plus, here’s a quote…was it…I just don’t remember. But someone quoted an author who said “Hunger is not an emergency.” That resonated with me. And 1.3kg may just be water weight, but it’s still thrilling to see! (And no fires near us)

@funshipfreddie Great article, and entertaining approach to call it a drug. What I always want to know is how important that kind of exercise is compared to the exercise that comes from housework and gardening. I remember you shared a link where motel maids were told what they do counts as exercise, and once they “bought into that,” their health somehow improved…my memory of it is sketchy, but that was the basic idea. This article has the same basic approach of “just walk” and your health will be improved. That rings more reasonable than the approach that says you have to be a gym rat to be physically healthy. As to your sad back, do you have the dial on the seat of your car that changes the lumbar pressure? That moves it in and out? Perhaps that would help?

@daffodil2010 How lovely to have been witness to how kind the team was to that little boy–it must have been a thrill for you as well! Happy anniversary, and enjoy the day!

@jaifaim You are indeed luck that your mom is only two hours away. If I were to drive to see my sisters in California, it would take 21 hours to get to the sister in Sacramento, and 25 hours to get to the sisters in Monterey. We drove that once at Christmas, when all three kids were still at home, leaving at 2pm on Christmas Day (after worship and then a lovely Christmas brunch) and drove straight through, taking turns, and getting there at four in the afternoon on December 26. We were blessed, however, that the roads were dry and there was virtually no snow; that’s not always the case at that time of year. After your excellent FD yesterday and the next tomorrow, I’m eager to hear what your weight is when you officially check–that maintenance weight is CLOSE.

@northgeorgia Well, a third of a pound is a bummer, but given that you’d just done a WF the day before, you didn’t have much water weight to safely lose, so perhaps you can think of that third of a pound as actually lost? Don’t let it discourage you, because that’s a very impressive accomplishment to WF on Sunday and then eat only an RBS on Monday–I’ve never pulled off a FD500 following a WF, because I simply haven’t found the discipline to overcome the hunger. So I’m thoroughly impressed!

@michelinme You have dropped some significant weight in a very short time; well, well done you! And thanks for your kind words; I like to host when I’m struggling to get onto the wagon because it often gets me squarely in place. Sadly, this month, I’m still hanging off the side of the wagon, not actually OFF, but certainly not actually ON. So I encourage everyone else with the words I’d want to hear, and hope that they’ll ring true enough for me as well to accomplish getting me solidly on track. That “to try is to lie” is a terrific quote, and so very true. Did you get your tough letter written and are completely free from work stuff now? And I do hope your miserable cold goes away soon!

Today, I have my first full day of piano lessons since July 18, and I’m looking forward to seeing all the kiddos. I’m also looking forward to the thinking time as I drive, as that’s when I gather up all my passion for losing weight, and my RESOLVE for doing what it takes. So may you all keep your passion close and your RESOLVE strong!

Pocket list Day 22 💪
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 23 NFD 85kg

Cleared the fridge y’day and made celery soup then had pasta with 1/2 chorizo and Brussel sprouts and pecorino cheese… Also baked – oaty crumbles, an auld Scottish recipe and oat dog biscuits to take away. Went to the dog park then to the Textile Guild then the gas station… The up weight is a blip I’m sure but I won’t have scales to check. I will (thanks @stitchincarol) be making good food choices and eating modest amounts for the next week!
    It’s 7* in Auckland and 5* in Wellington. Hi Ho Hi Ho Off we go😁😁😁

Go well my friends from far and wide!

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

We had a lovely evening yesterday, nice champagne and home cooked dinner by DH 😍

Not an FD today as that will be tomorrow when I have my big dental,operation under sedation and won’t be able to eat anyway. Although I fear dentists and am claustrophobic , knowing I will be sedated for this is keeping me calm.

And I can’t wait to get it over as the toothache is low level and lingering and I want the pain gone. Not sure how I will be after, I may WFH Friday as not sure if the sedation effects will still be there, and I would not chance driving

Oh wow @stitchincarol, that is some super long drive you did once at Christmas

Hope all you having weather extremes will be ok xxxxx

Day 23 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. I’m Ok with that. As suspected, any FD thinking for today was upended — being taken out for a nice birthday brunch, and probably won’t have another nibble until I get home this evening. So nice! I know I’ll gain a little through the weekend, but the overall trend for August has been downwards.

Day 23 UK CD

Yesterday’s CD morphed to an easy FD800 but this morning I’m back up to nearly 82kg again. the body is a strange thing! However, my carbtastic stomach continues to shrink noticeably and that will do me. Glad to be getting a solid foundation ahead of my festival/camping trip.

I baked a sodabread to take with me tomorrow – gf oats, soya yogurt, black treacle, baking soda, salt pumpkin/sunflower/linseeds, cinnamon and raisin – I’ll add an apple and some peanut butter to be my brunch/lunch each day. Early evening I’ll heat a healthy packet meal if I can get the heating stones to work – taking chickpea/veg casserole, vegan all-day breakfast of beans/sausage, vegetable curry. That should save money and give me a foundation of healthier food to build on – there are lots of vegan/veg food trucks and tea bars so I’m feeling positive.

I’ve nearly eaten up fridge contents and have some leftovers and last bits for today – tiny portion of lentil pasta and green sauce, a hard boiled egg and salad, kale crisps, a couple of nectarines and some apples. I can also defrost some of the mystery soup in the freezer to make it a bit mor substantial

@stitchincarol thanks for asking. I did 4th revision on difficult letter and sent it off this morning. It’s a v slow response to the difficult grievance situation I talked about earlier this year which has dragged on since January and significantly affected my physical and mental health. I’m still anxious especially when I check emails or have unexpected things come up. Hopefully now I’ve taken the time to process and respond I can begin to let it go.

I’m off first thing in the morning so keen to get a very early night but plenty to squeeeze in. Now off to finish packing while I catch up with the athletics! NB there’s very limited internet there so I may be disappearing, back Mon evening/Tues. Hope you all have a lovely rest of week x

@merryapple bon voyage! Well done on all the errands and plans for mindful eating – I’m with you there!

@daffodil2010 hope everything goes really well tomorrow – will be thinking of you x

@northgeorgia wishing you a very happy birthday for tomorrow – enjoy being celebrated 🙂

Day 23 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD – 156.6

It was delightful to start back in to teaching yesterday AND to do a WF; it’s been a month and a few days since I’ve done that, and it felt good to be getting emptier througout the day. Plus, I’m one who sleeps well on FDs and I slept a solid ten hours last night. I’ve been psyching myself up to be UBER disciplined today to keep that weight from shooting back up too high, so the plan is to have BLTs for supper (~600 calories) and yogurt and whatever else I choose to equal another 600 calories in the rest of the day. No alcohol. Should be easy, but I won’t relax my vigilance. Thankfully I have an appointment for a perm early this afternoon, so right when it’s getting tough, I’ll be away from food.

============================

@merryapple I can’t figure out why you’re thanking me about making good food choices, but I’m delighted you feel empowered to do so!

@daffodil2010 Toothache pain is so very miserable, even when it’s low level, so I look forward to hearing from you that tomorrow’s appointment has resolved it for you! And, yeah, just as people elsewhere in the world don’t fully understand how large this country is, we don’t fully understand how small other countries are–I’m always startled when someone on the forum gasps at the idea of, say, an 8-hour drive. 😂 It’s all what you’re used to, huh?

@northgeorgia What a lovely week you’re having! I look forward to hearing what your mom cooks for you for your birthday tomorrow.

@michelinme I’ve thought of you and the grievance situation numerous times, but never while I was posting, so I never thought to connect the grievance with the letter, but it makes sense. Is it ended now with the letter, or is it possible more will pop up? This time away camping is just the ticket to help you completely relax and be at peace; my family camped four or more times each summer when I was a kid, and I always loved how different it was, and FUN, from normal life.

Not many posts this morning; for those of you reading and not posting, we’re thinking of you and would love a quick update if you’re inclined.

As I was waking up, I gasped to realize I forgot to water potted plants yesterday, so that’s first on my list this morning. Other than that, my goal is to keep busy so I don’t think about food/eating, so that my lovely weight this morning doesn’t shoot up by tomorrow.

Have a grand one everyone. Here are two quotes that may inspire you:

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

May the space between where you are and where you want to be inspire you.

Do anything for you? Which quote do you prefer?

Day 23 NFD country west Australia 81.9 kgs
    Almost Day 24 FD s. full day work , up at 5 am to do some sheep work then in to town to work until 6.00 pm then home to cook for the workers Friday.
    They are coming to help with lamb marking and I supply all the food. And they start at 7.00 am !!
    Have been very focussed today, eating much less, drinking more water ( not good on cold winter’s nights!!) and upping the exercise. So fingers crossed.
    @northgeorgia, happy birthday for tomorrow and I hope you enjoy it.🎂🥂
    @stitchincarol I like the second saying about the space between where I am and where I need to be!
    @ Daffodil2010, will be thinking of you with the dental surgery. Hope it goes well.
    @ Merryapple, enjoy your trip – and be careful.
    @michelinme enjoy the camping. It is such fun. We used to go on camping holidays with the children and then DH and I went camping 2 years ago which we thoroughly enjoyed.
    Of to bed as it is almost the 24th and I have to be up in 5 hours !!

Day 23 USA (Illinois – HOME!) NFD

Just arrived back home from our week away. Not too anxious to get on the scale (won’t do it until the morning) but glad to be here. It was a delightful time away seeing parts of the country we had not seen in many years.

I will try to catch up on people’s posts either later or tomorrow.

Onward and downward.

Day 24 FD Country west Australia 82.1 kgs
    Glad you had such a good time away @songbirdme especially visiting those parts you had not seen for years. Often such a lovely thing to do.
    So, after a sensible ( under 500 ) FD on Monday and very sensible eating Tuesday and Wednesday and more exercise than usual , the scales are slightly up !!🙄🤔
    Very irritating but I am more determined to make today a sensible FD 500.
    As Tom Venuto ( Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle) says : No matter how far you are along the wrong track – turn back now!! Which I have done and am back on this 5:2 Forum, reading, posting and getting the support and encouragement I need.
    Minestrone cooked for the masses; just about to make the egg sandwiches and a cake for morning tea then the cold meat and salad rolls/buns for lunch, more sandwiches for afternoon tea and our dinner tonight of homemade soup is already made and in the fridge.
    Have a good day everyone. 😊

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Strangely, for an FD, I have just had breakfast, but as I assume that I won’t be able to eat later (surgery at 3pm) I have fortified myself.

Going to work for the half day, them DH bringing me to the dentist for the big job. I had a look at the things they are doing and its two extractions plus a filling, and cleaning and polishing and whatever else….so I sure will be numb tonight. 😀

Thanks all for the good wishes. This time tomorrow it will all be over.

@lilymartin, I love the description of all the food you have prepared for the workers coming to help with the lamb marking, and makes me realise it’s heading in to spring with you. Although I have absolutely no first hand experience of it, I live in deep sheep and cattle farming country here, and Spring is busy with lambing, and I have heard my neighbours tell tales of workers in and needing to be fed. ☺️

@stitchincarol, love both quotes.

@northgeorgia happy birthday

Day 23 – Ireland – CD🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅
    Day 24 – FD
    Hi all, I hope everyone is well!
    Quick catch up to start the day as it’s busy and these are the times I generally drop off from posting as it’s hard to find time although when I look at how busy some of you are I do wonder how I can’t fit more into my days…
    Happy birthday @northgeorgia 🎈🎈🎈
    @lilymartin such a busy time for you but it sounds like a fabulously social work time too – it must be so different to have so many people around at this time of year.
    @stitchincarol it’s great to hear you are happy to get back to the routine of lessons and I hope you’re hair is Gorgeous ♥️
    Happy travels @michelinme 🏕️ (and well done on sending the letter – you poor thing) and @merryapple 🚗 🐶 and welcome back @songbirdme 🏖️ it sounds like you had a lovely time away.

All the best today @daffodil2010 – never pleasant but always such a relief when it’s done ✅
    I’m still hovering just above target even though I’m focussed – could be the meds… who knows… but still here still trying.

Oh @stitchincarol, I prefer the first quote as it’s pretty practical and generally how I try to operate “say it do it…” 👍 except when I don’t 🤣

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket List – Day 24 🐑
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Day 24 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – CD

I finally got home at 6 pm last night. I unintentionally took the ‘scenic route’ after getting a bit lost & travelling an extra 60+ km. That’ll teach me not to use my sat-nav 🥴️

@stitchincarol, @jaifaim & @michelinme – re my back – I usually only use the car a couple of days per week for short trips, & I seldom have any back pain. Just seems to be if I drive for more than an hour & a half. I did fiddle with the seat adjuster thingy on the way home, & it seemed to help a little having the seat more upright. I think next time I’ll try a cushion though.

@northgeorgia – Happy Birthday!🥳️🥂🎈🎉 🎂

@michelinme – enjoy the trip! 🏕

@songbirdme – welcome home! 🏡

@stitchincarol – I totally agree re the article on exercise. The overall message seems to be that being sedentary is just really bad for our health, so keep moving much of the time. I think housework, gardening & even just standing all helps. It’s odd that we even think of walking as ‘exercise’, when that’s what we’ve got legs for in the first place! But, that’s just modern life I guess. Re the quotes – the first one, definitely. Don’t ‘wish’ for your future; create it.

@daffodil2010 – hoping you have a pain-free & stress-free session with your dentist 🙏

I SHOULD be fasting today, but my head isn’t in the right place. I still need to collect my laundry + Boo Boo & get groceries, & then I’ll want to visit my regular greasy spoon. But I was very controlled while I was away. My friends aren’t snackers at all. But they DO love their 🍷so that was a bit challenging. But I’m relieved to still be AF, phew?! 😳

Sending audacious RESOLVE to the Thursday fasters 💪 🎯

Day 24-No. VA USA-FD

Well, a good way to gain several pounds overnight is to indulge in a Chinese takeout meal. Not even a very big one. But lots of salt, I expect. I am not sure it was even as delicious as I had hoped.
    I am blaming this indulgence on having to deal with an employee who must be terminated due to stealing from the practice by using the business debit card to buy things for herself, over the past few months. I will have to call the lawyer and have him draw up a proper termination letter. (Because we could get sued for wrongful termination if not handled properly–so aggravating.) A fast is a good thing to focus on!

Sending positive dental vibes to you, @daffodil2010. Good to get the problem taken care of at last!
    Happy Birthday, @northgeorgia!
    Onward and downward, as @jaifaim says!

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. Why I thought to myself at 8:30 last night with my mom that it would be good for me to “finish up that bag of off-brand Doritos that no one wants” is beyond me. Thankfully, I stopped half-way through, but unfortunately, I didn’t stop until I was half-way through. I shook my head. “Empty carbs make you keep craving more empty carbs. I knew better!” I said as I put them on her shelf.

Anyway, I’ll ZBC it this morning, go out, run some errands and do a little window shopping before having a nice lunch out. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Day 24 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 156.2!

I’m astomished to be down 0.4lbs from yesterday morning, which was already excellent and delightfully low because it was post-WFD. I was careful to eat according to plan yesterday, entering everything in MFP and was right at 1250 calories for the day, and I went down! Today’s WF will help solidify this lower weight, since I clearly won’t go up, and then excellent behavior on Friday may make it actual weight loss instead of merely water weight loss, as I’m still thinking it must be. But whatever it actually is, it’s sure encouraging!!

================

@lilymartin Up at 5am and worked all day on Wednesday? And then up at 5 again Thursday? Holy smokes, lady, but you’re pushing hard. I hope you have a break soon. How many workers are you cooking for?

@songbirdme Welcome back! How many years has it been since you’ve been to that area of the country? And how’s the house construction going? Are the finishing choices all behind you, or are they still to come?

@daffodil2010 With your appointment so late, I imagine you truly won’t be interested in eating–novacaine always leaves me with a bit of a stomach ache, which I always take as a silver lining since it makes eating minimally quite easy. So having breakfast first makes excellent sense, especially since you love breakfast. I’ll be thinking of you in an hour, 9am our time and when your appointment starts, and praying for your peace and for excellent results from the surgery. Are they doing to give you implants for the two teeth they’re pulling?

@jaifaim I chuckled at your comment about not fitting more into your day–never let our combined chatter make you think you’re doing less than anyone else! ….well, except, perhaps, for @lilymartin! 😂🤣😂 She is indeed one BUSY lady! What has this time of year keeping you so busy? What is your job?

@funshipfreddie What a lovely, chatty post this mmorning, thanks! Bummer on the extra distance you had to drive, and I hope that after a good night’s sleep (?) your back is feeling fine and normal again. Well DONE for staying AF even with friends who are not. So you’ll fast tomorrow, or just skip a second fast this week?

Oh, @excelsior12309, how awful that you’ve had an employee stealing from you! Good thing you discovered it relatively fast, but it must leave you feeling so betrayed and angry. A FD seems like an excellent way to prove to yourself and her that you ARE in control of your life, even if she thought she could pull one off on you. 💪❤️

@northgeorgia Yeah, it’s a now-me vs. a future-me moment when we pull out any snacky food, isn’t it? But it’s behind you, and today is your birthday, so celebrate the success you’ve pulled off to date and have a lovely, lovely birthday!

It was fun to hear your thoughts on the two quotes; that’s why it’s good we have so many of them, since not all quotes “speak” to all people. Let’s have them again, shall we?

“The best way to predict your future is to create it.”

“May the space between where you are and where you want to be inspire you.”

Have a grand one, everyone.

Pocket List – Day 24 🐑
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @excelsior12309
    @stitchincarol

Day 25 country west Australia CD 81.8 kgs 😬
    Yesterday’s FD morphed into a NFD due mainly to 2 employees at work in town leaving and an epic morning tea AND chocs to celebrate/commiserate.
    Both really lovely people we will miss enormously.
    @excelsior12309 hope the dismissal letter goes OK. What a stress for you. 😰
    Another 5 am start today , but hopefully the last for a while!
    The sky is a beautiful pale yellowy/gold and it is COLD outside. I have to go out in a few minutes and assist DH to bring the sheep up to the sheds. I choose to walk to get my exercise in but is is COLD !!

Whew! Second part of post. Mid-post my DH came to fetch me so we could get the sheep in.
    Suffice to say I am no longer cold!!! Have already done 2.2 kms.
    It took 3 attempts to gather one mob of the ewes and lambs and encourage them away from their paddock to the sheds.
    Imagine 300 mothers and 300 toddlers all separated at a train station calling to each other and trying to find one another. It’s a bit like that but wooly and with bleating!!!
    Makes a racket and sheep and lambs go every which way !!
    Anyway, back for my second cup of tea and to catch my breath before round 2 of morning tea, lunches etc.
    We have 5 workers to feed today and yesterday, so not bad.
    I’m afraid it will be a re-run of yesterday ( soup made, eggs boiled just have to mash them and make today’s sandwiches and rolls) as I have guests coming This afternoon to stay til Tuesday then a change of sheets and 5 people coming to stay Tuesday and Wednesday !!!
    It is always busy at certain times on the farm but not always this busy !!
    @funshipfreddie, sorry to hear about your back. 😔
    I always tell my clients that if they are driving any distance ( which is most of the time in WA because it is such a vast state – 1/3 of Australia’s land mass!)to stop and move or stretch every 60-90 minutes depending on how acute the back pain is.
    The human body is designed to move and our sedentary lifestyle has certainly not done us any favours.
    @stitchincarol well done on the downward trend. May it continue.👏
    @northgeorgia, I know, right !! Why do we self sabotage?? That is the million dollar question.🤔🤔
    @jaifaim, yes everyone sounds busy ! At work yesterday several people were lamenting that they don’t have time to do the things they want to because they are so busy. What are we doing to ourselves ???
    And then some kind person pointed out that it is only 4 months until Christmas …🙄😲😲
    @daffodil2010, I hope everything went well yesterday. Have an easy day today.🤗
    @merryapple hope your trip is going well.
    @michelinme, just re-reading some posts and your soda bread has caused an itch in my brain that will not be eased until I scratch it and find a recipe and make some!!!!😲 So possibly not a FD today !!
    Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Onward and downward.
    The sun is out and all the birds are enjoying the sun ( 22C today after a run of 13 – 15) so the birds are out in force.
    Spring is just around the corner. And I WILL lose the 1.8 kgs by next Friday !!!!!

Day 25 Wellington ??kg

We zipped down the island in the Mini to Wgtn. The sun was shining in the icy blue sky as we drove around Lake Taupo and the snowy volcanoes came into view like giant ice cream sundaes 😋. I arrived in the capital and found my family full of a horrible respiratory bug brought back from the South Korean International Scout Jamboree by my nephew. I am hoping I have met it in a previous life and am protected…

I’m channelling everyone – the quotes and strategies to make good choices and enjoy hunger pangs??!
    @lilymartin I make a simple soda bread with oats, flour, soured milk or butter milk and rapeseed oil. I never thought to dose it up with seedy things. I put it in a round cast iron fry pan and heat it up before putting it in the oven to make sure the bottom cooks.
    @excelsior12309 That’s awful having a thief on your staff. My friend’s husband’s longtime PA quietly soaked away $100s of $1,000s because of a gambling habit and brought their business to its knees…
    @funshipfreddie I hope Boo Boo is pleased to see you 😅
    @daffodil2010 Go well with the dentist. Very wise to have breakfast first.
    I’m off soon to my party at the University art gallery

Go well one and all!

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

So yesterday’s dental operation went very well and it was over in an hour. She did have problems trying to get a vein to sedate me (as well as everything else my veins are deeply hidden and it’s always a problem to find one to give blood etc), but once found, whammy, and I was blissfully unaware of what was going on until the end.

Completely woozy when DH hit me home and straight to bed. Had a bowl of soup at 9pm and back to bed.

Still feeling woozy, I have to take a mouth rinse which contains ethanol. Plus Tylex which makes me sleepy, so absolutely no driving or machinery work today. I will log into work from home. Help the guys out, but under the caveat that today will not be the day for complex decisions on my part 😄

Thanks for your good wishes, it really helped.

@merryapple hope you can stave off that bug!
    @stitchincarol yay for the loss
    @lilymartin I am tired just reading your descriptions of all that’s going on, but loved the thought of 300 ewes and lambs calling for each other at a train station ☺️

Welcome back @funshipfreddie, was Boo-Boo ok or will you be made suffer a while 😆

@jaifaim you are doing really well, hold on there.

Got to go. I feel quite tired. It’s only 8am and I slept for 10 hours! That’s the meds. Will log on to work and take it handy today. Xxxxx

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@stitchincarol – I hope the WFD went well & that number comes down even more! 👏 I’m going to do a FD tomorrow, so that’ll just about count as my 2nd FD of the week, i.e. Sun/Sat. It’s going to be cold & wet, so I won’t be going anywhere & there won’t be anything in my fridge to tempt me 😇

@lilymartin – thank you. The back pain disappears almost as soon as I get out of the car. It’s weird. Has to be the angle I’m sitting at in the car.

@merryapple, @daffodil2010 – I got mixed messages from Boo Boo. She was VERY vocal when I went to collect her. Then when we got home she ignored me for a couple of hours, wandering around the house like she’d never been here before. Eventually she fell asleep on my lap & snored her head off 😅

@merryapple – I hope you enjoyed the party & manage to dodge that bug 🤞

Happy Fri-yay! 🍹

Day 25 – USA/GA – ZBC

Weigh-in: 224 lbs. OK, still a couple of celebratory days to go, but plan to fast on Sunday, hopefully, I’m at the peak of all this gain. I’ve been gaining 2 lbs a day since the 22nd. I know it’s not fat, but still… with the great pasta and huge dessert yesterday, I wouldn’t be surprised if a little went to storage! After this weekend, the next weekend is Labor Day here in the U.S., so looks like the next two to three weeks will be rocky for me, fasting-wise. And I have a conference to attend at the end of the month.

I have to strategize for major disruptions. Until this week, I’ve been proud of my achievements this month, so I know what to do now. If life will let me get on with it.

Day 25-No. VA, USA-FD 800

Well, a true fast day with just dinner salad resulted in weight loss of two pounds. (That was no doubt the retained fluid from the Chinese food of the night before!) So onward with the fasting. Actually, today will probably be mostly a controlled eating day; I try to keep the calories under 1000. Easier to do for me with OMAD.

I meet with the local Sherrif’s office criminal investigators today to discuss the former employee and her escapades. My attorney’s office was able to access her history online and it is pretty hairy. We are at fault in that we did not do a complete background check when we hired her 18 mos. ago; we were really desperate for someone at the front desk and she was literally one of two who applied for the job. Our office manager had just retired due to serious health issues. Yesterday when we posted the job, we received 12 applicants! (Hopefully mostly HONEST ones!)
    The saga continues….

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 155.4

My good choices and restraint for the week are really showing up on the scale this morning, and that’s so encouraging, and increases my diligence even more. Tonight, DH and I are going out for our weekly dinner out, so I’ll eat as little until then as my body will tolerate. Last week’s restaurant showed the calories, which always makes it much easier to choose wisely even as I’m choosing what I want; my fingers are crossed that whichever restaurant we choose tonight also shows the calorie count on the menu. 🤞

======================================

@lilymartin Oh, I adored reading your post about herding in the sheep and their babies; you can share those kinds of details any time you want! And I’m so sorry you’re losing two beloved workers at work! But the thought of, on top of all this, having guests coming tonight through Monday night, and then, BOOM!, more staying two more nights has me reeling. If this is your life calmed down, no wonder you weren’t able to post for awhile! What are you going to do to make any semblance of 5:2 possible? Or are you just going to shuck it all for the week? I hope that these are beloved guests so it’s a lovely time!

@merryapple What a beautiful visual you painted of the lake and the snowy volcanoes; reminds me of the year I spent at college in Washington state and I could see Mt. Rainier out my dorm room window; the rising sun painted it pink also. Enjoy your party and time with family, and I hope you don’t catch their virus!

@daffodil2010 So glad it went so smoothly for you once they found a vein. The woozy should soon pass, and then you’ll feel so glorious!

@funshipfreddie I’m so glad Boo Boo relaxed her disdain so quickly in order to curl up in your lap and sleep. But fasting on the weekend?? You and @northgeorgia both do that, and I can’t even imagine finding the self-control to pull that off, LOL! We each have our own approaches that work for us, huh?

@northgeorgia Yeah, there’s little likelihood any of these 2lbs/day is anything but water/bulk with perhaps a pound being real, but it’s sure not encouraging, is it? Enjoy the rest of the birthday week, and then Sunday’s FD will help it look far better.

@excelsior Well done on the FD yesterday and the Chinese food water weight being gone. How lovely to have had 12 applicants for the front desk job; may the perfect person be among them, who works long and tirelessly and is loyal and never quits and never steals. 🤪😍👍

Tomorrow, I’ll be an absent host. I have a retreat to go to, and leave at 8am and get home at 5pm, and then have three cakes to bake and supper to make and time to spend with DH, so it’s not likely I’ll find time in there to post. I don’t know whether either son will be up on Sunday, and so I don’t know if I’ll have any down-time after church to come online to chatter. So who knows when I’ll be back, but I know you’ll all do well without my long posts to slog through, LOL!

It’s a beautiful morning and 76F/24C with 82% humidity…and it’s 8:20 in the morning. It’s “only” supposed to get up to 91/33 today (10 degrees cooler than yesterday), but the low will be a blissful 64/18 and tomorrow will be back to a simply pleasant temp at 80/27. Frigid in the winter is somehow always so much easier to cope with than brutally hot in the summer, and this whole area is VERY ready for the high pressure to leave us so our temps aren’t so wild.

Okay, weekly Zoom call with my sisters this morning, accumulated bank statements to balance, some work at church, so I’ll hopefully be busy enough to make the continued WF until supper tolerable. And if not, I’ll listen to my body and feed it something.

Have a grand day, everyone!

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” — Jim Rohn

So in that spirit, I wish you all the pain of discipline! ❤️👍

Day 26 NFD Wgtn

Our party was great fun. I talked so much I nearly lost my voice… The much respected curator director of the Adam Gallery is retiring at the top of her game. She has contributed more to our art scene than any other person in recent times and wrote the monograph on Billy. I’m delighted to say that she is going to come and help sort out the archive with me and write a book on his New York days from 1964 to 1990. He shifted his practice from pop art to participate in the breaking wave of conceptual art, running an alternative space opposite the Chelsea Hotel from 1969. It’s quite a responsibility looking after and making decisions about everything…

@funshipfreddie I’m so pleased Boo Boo is fine and happy to be home!
    @lilymartin Go you! My Two of my cousins farm in the Hawke’s Bay. I’ve always thought farmers wives should be paid for their catering skills because food is a huge part of keeping everyone happy and the farm ticking over.
    @daffodil2010 So pleased to hear you have come through your dental surgery with no major hiccups.
    @stitchincarol and @excelsior12309 Well done! A loss is a loss is a loss! You both sound like you’ve got the 5:2 thing under control.

I’m off down the town for Saturday gallery viewing.
    Cheers everyone!

Day 25 – Ireland – CD🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅
    Day 26 -NFD

Weigh in yesterday was 154.1 lbs 🌟
    I did weigh at the start of the week but didn’t post it – logged it in MFP though… 158.4 ⬆️ so it looks like I’ve had a bit of a whoosh this week and I am a classic case of a person who must hold out for delayed results on good efforts – it’s been a bit frustrating so thanks for the support everyone. 🏋️‍♀️
    My aim as always is to stay below 155lbs ⬇️

@northgeorgia 🎈🎈🎈 so glad you had a lovely birthday. I wish only the best for you in the year ahead.
    @lilymartin it’s strange I think Covid affected us in that we were doing so little – sure most people were still working but not having to fit so much around work. We’ve reverted back really quickly to what we were doing pre Covid but our brains are maybe taking time to catch up – I’m not sure which I prefer… I like to be busy, to travel, see friends and to work but it just seems as if time is eaten up faster now? Does that make sense?
    Both my parents came from farming backgrounds and I have really happy memories of working with my godfather at lambing in spring here… not quite on your scale @lilymartin but you have evoked lots of nostalgic memories here 🐑♥️. I have friends who farm now and every year they pick one lamb whose mum passed or abandoned them for me to adopt 🤣 🥰 i visit and do the bottle feed etc…I love them! And calves! Ok having written this I’m aware of just how mad that mad sound to you @lilymartin and the huge number of exes and lambs you have 🤣

@merryapple – I love your description of your arrival to Lake Taupo and I’m so sorry to hear that some of your family are not well. My English cousin was at the same jamboree and the 🇬🇧 group shipped out due to the intense heat…. A typhoon came afterwards too 🌪️ 🌀 – they were so unfortunate with the event. Such a shame!
    I’m so glad you enjoyed your party 🎊

@excelsior12309 what a shocking thing to have happen to you and your colleagues! I’m sure you’ll find a great and honest replacement 🙏.

@funshipfreddie when I drive sometimes my sciatica affects me and after about 45 minutes I begin to get a dull pain from above my hip down through my leg and sometimes the pain continues around my ankle Into my toes… it is like a twinge but can become quite painful and “crampy”. I tend to stop for coffee and the pain disappears once I get out of the car. If I do my exercises – a few times a week this seems to help hugely and it happens less.. it’s only when I drive the longer distances. I don’t know of this helps you but maybe it’s the same thing? Seat position also helps. 💺
    I love how animals (like some humans) treat you when you come back from time away 🤣

@daffodil2010 – thanks I’m holding firm (go raibh mile maith agat ♥️) – feeling the support and it has been just one of those blue weeks where the different pressures have affected me (and maybe meds too). I hope your high dose meds have worn off and you are feeling ok today 💕

Oh @stitchincarol I hope the cooler temperatures hang around for a while. My niece is just back from summer working in NYC and found it oppressively hot – had an amazing time though and definitely has been bitten by the travel bug 🐞 off next to study in Belgium – so very exciting.

I work in financial services and in tech (ever changing particularly security and technical writing) but I do love what I do. Constantly learning but it takes up my brain space 🤣 We are always busy and I honestly can’t remember a very quiet period even through Covid but at the moment it feels like we are running to catch ourselves up. I’m mostly in the office now but my staff and colleagues mostly work hybrid which suits us all and that’s great. I’m happy to have the choice and lucky to manage my own time to fit around busy home life too 💕 That of course impacts a little but wouldn’t want that to change 💕

@at @ccco @dramaqueen6 @penz and @metatauta I hope you are ok and just busy…
    @maui 💕 sending hugs
    Some others missing too recently… is @snowflake56 on her travels?
    @malee57 hasn’t been around in a while..

Hiking today in the Wicklow Mountains and hoping it stays dry but geared up for the rain. We will stop for lunch in a kooky store/cafe run by an eccentric lady we like a lot – hearty soups and delicious cakes and and there is always a yum GF option – that’s working out well for me although I miss crunchy pastries – a lot!
    Out tonight for a meal with friends in a lovely French resto.

Bon courage to the Saturday fasters 💪

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 26 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Just the thought of fasting today, after 5 consecutive NFDs – urgh?! I don’t even like going more than 3 days; it just seems to make it more of a struggle. Which I guess is why I’m reluctant to try 6:1. But the weather is kind of atrocious, & I just hope our dams are filling up. I’ll enjoy my Sunday brunch that much more tomorrow 😋

Some of my neighbours were concerned they hadn’t seen Boo Boo for a couple of days. Not me, mind you, just Boo Boo 😅 And someone even suggested it wasn’t necessary to put her in a cattery, cos someone would’ve fed her for me?! Um, I don’t think so. She needs to be locked in at night, cos she’s a trouble-maker if other cats are around. And I’d worry they might forget to feed her. And I couldn’t keep her locked in for days on end, alone, because she’d be miserable.

@stitchincarol – enjoy the retreat! 🕊

@jaifaim – awesome ! 👏 🥇🎯 Re the driving – my long distance journeys are so rare – maybe twice a year – that I don’t give it a thought. 4 hours is my max & I always take a break halfway. Beyond 4 hours I’d be catching a plane 😅 Enjoy the hiking! ⛰🥾

Dr Mosley’s weekly column – about protein & weight loss:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12446749/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-stop-losing-weight-diet.html

Have a good weekend everyone 🌤🌈

Pocket List – Day 26 🍒
    @funshipfreddie

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Rare Saturday post for me but thought I would pop in and say hi and see how you are getting on.

Enjoy the hike @jaifaim and hope the weather holds, but right now here in Co Meath it’s lashing out ☹️

Ha ha @funshipfreddie, I laughed that the neighbours were more concerned about not seeing BooBoo than you, she has really made herself part of the community so 😄

I am out now to cut down my tomatoes. Much earlier than usual, but the cherry tomato variety I got for this year is ok, but not abundant, and the plants are starting to go over already so time for them to go. I will gather remaining fruits and pop them in a paper bag to ripen.

I have 10 chilli plants that are growing week so I will move them into the tomato planters to keep us going to winter. Also Cos lettuce to pot on.

So looking forward to my garden work now.

Sedation has worn off, still can only eat soft foods, and the muscles in my cheeks are sore (????), but apart from that, I am so relieved that dental work is done.

Have a great rest of weekend X

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Will catch up tomorrow morning on my FD!

Day 26 USA (Illinois) NFD

Did a FD800 yesterday. We had a sub-contractors meeting at our new house site, and DH insisted we bring coffee and donuts for all the mostly workmen (well, the realtor and I were the only women). So I had one donut, then only a salad supper the rest of the day. Oh, some cheese and crackers with the salad. Lost 2 pounds I needed to lose from vacation. Still have 6 more I would love to lose.

They expect to dig the foundation in a couple weeks, and Lord willing, the house will be done for us to move in by Christmas. Only a few more choices to make (garage door, some carpeting and bathroom tile floor).

@stitchincarol – it had been the late 70’s the last time we went to Myrtle Beach. We mostly spent time around the resort pool as the beach sand was incredibly HOT! Did not get sunburned.

@daffodil2010 – glad to read your dental work is taken care of! Yes, sore jaw and cheeks are a common condition for me after dental work.

and @jaifaim Those of us who like college (American) football are going to watch Notre Dame & Navy play in Dublin later on. Always fun to hear about American teams playing in Europe.

@excelsior12309 – I always gain a pound or more when I have salty snacks or meals. I don’t usually think of Chinese as that salty, but yes, it really is! My indulgences include popcorn and packaged chips or such. Salt is my big weakness more than sugar.

@northgeorgia – hang in there. You seem to be on a long plateau?

Onward and downward.

@funshipfreddie – I also had a chuckle on neighbors missing BooBoo.

Day 27 NFD Wellington

We walked -well Mr Mac was carried, into the centre city and caught up with old friends. Wgtn is compact rather like Manhattan on a small scale and everyone is on foot… My brother is still v unwell😬 and has been watching a Korean Noir tv series on Netflix called Glory about school bullies. Some years later the victim sets them up against each other to exact her revenge. Quite fascinating and twisted. Long impassive looks into the camera give you enough time to read the subtitles!
    We had dinner at 8.30 which is just too late for me these days and I had crackers and cheese somewhat unnecessarily to fill the breach…
    @jaifaim The Kiwi Scout contingent organised an extra week in Seoul to visit gardens, temples and participate in tea ceremonies etc. I gather the English bailed quite quickly and missed out on the jamboree being shifted to Seoul. The closing ceremony was in a stadium with 7 or 8 KPop bands.
    Congratulations on getting yourself to below the magic number! Lovely to hear about feeding lambs. We worked as kids on my uncle and aunt’s farm especially for docking which seemed to be timed for school holiday free labour! But we did get to ride the horses and go to pony club!
    @songbirdme Glad you enjoyed your trip. A new house by Christmas sounds wonderful. Do you have a swimming pool too?
    @daffodil2010 You have reminded me I’ll have to get my veg garden up and running for spring (if it ever arrives) when I get back.
    @funshipfreddie That’s great that Boo Boo is your entrē into your community! I read the article and found it rather sad that my muscles are disappearing… you need male hormones to lay down muscle and as you get older there is way less available… However the upside is I can eat twice as much protein.

Kia Kaha!

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 69.9 kg

Excellent FD yesterday. Awful weather though, & I didn’t step outside. But I still managed to exceed 8000 steps, mostly by walking on the spot in front of the TV 🤪

@songbirdme – that’s must be so exciting?! A brand new house for Christmas! 🏡 As for Boo Boo – she’s quickly using up her 9 lives. She woke me up at 5:45 this morning. On a Sunday?! I mean, even cats know when it’s Sunday, right?! 😅 And then, after dragging myself out of bed to feed her, she barely touched her food 😠

@merryapple – I was surprised by how little protein we actually need to help preserve muscle. Protein is in virtually everything we eat, even if it’s in tiny amounts. Maybe it’s wiser to eat at least something protein-rich on a FD rather than go for a WFD 🤔 Not that I ever do water fasts, I really don’t think it would do me any good.

Another article from the UK Mail on avoiding dementia:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12432619/Learning-new-language-reduces-risk-dementia.html So I’m off to practise my Español

Happy S🌞nday!

Pocket List – Day 27 🥑
    @northgeorgia

Day 27 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs. Doing a WFD today; as expected, my birthday celebrations sent me spiraling backwards, but going to be audaciously persistent this week because I know another holiday weekend awaits.

Pocket List – Day 27 🥑
    @northgeorgia

Day 28, FD, Aus

hello all. I’ve been offline because I’m too scared/embarrassed by my behaviour. I’m really despising myself at the moment; which is probably good because I feel as if I’ve hit rock bottom and there’s only one direction from here. Up!

I realise I keep waiting for Future Me to be ‘good’ and tackle NFDs and stick with DTF. But of course, there is no Future Me. There is only Me Now and I need to do all the things I promise I’ll do tomorrow. Do them now. Do them today.

So, resolve. Resolve. Resolve!

Day 28 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶‍♂️ ✅

Hi all, had a lovely hike in drizzly conditions on Saturday and then ate out with friends.
    @songbirdme the city was alive with college football fans! 🏈 there was a great atmosphere and I had a lovely catch up in places off the beaten track 😊
    Another busy day yesterday with a long cycle (100km) and recovery with lots of food 😊 but good choices.

I thought of you and @i-hate-lettuce and the nest watch links you both posted a few years back as this weekend Irish conservationists have reported that ospreys have bred in ireland for the first time in 200 years..

@penz don’t dwell too much… we’ve all been there and recently too… just treat tomorrow as a new day. 🌅

@merryapple I’m so sorry to hear about your brother but glad to hear you are having a lovely time.. I didn’t realise the jamboree was moved but I am glad they got to close it out… one of those tough decisions for the scout leaders 🫡

@daffodil2010 I hope you are feeling much better now and @stitchincarol I hope you enjoyed your retreat – you’ll have lots to tell us when you are back 💬 💬

Well done to the weekend fasters… 🌟

I’m planning a FD but know that sometimes after a particularly active weekend there may be a need to eat more than planned but will hold tomorrow as a reserve FD 💪💪

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 28 🌅
    @penz
    @jaifaim

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@penz – sending you a hug 🤗 Absolutely no need to feel embarrassed, or to be so hard on yourself. Just tell yourself what you would say to someone you really cared about who described feeling as you do. One thing we all have in common – apart from fasting – is that we want to share this journey, rather than go it alone. Because we know we’re stronger together 💪

@jaifaim – 100 km?! 🥴️ 🚴

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ~ Thomas Edison

Let’s get this done, Monday fasters 🎯

Pocket List – Day 28 🌅
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie

Day 28 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. Not the most beautiful post-FD weigh-in, but expected after the birthday bloat. Will attempt a FD500 today, and maybe some more CDs and FDs this week to compensate for last week and for the upcoming holiday weekend. Should be easier to abstain from going out for lunch at work because of all the rain in the forecast.

@penz No judgment here! I have gained an average of 15 lbs over early last year, but we just have to start from where we are and rejoin the effort.

Pocket List – Day 28 🌅
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD1200 or even FD800 (I’ll decide later) – 158.8

My weight is up, and I feel like a miserable bloated pig, and it all puzzles me because I wasn’t aware of eating that much. The nice thing is that my “up” weight is the same as my post-FD weight of two weeks ago. A good eating day today should make me feel far better, and then tomorrow’s WF will take me down to the lovelier weights I was experiencing last week.

Say, is anyone thinking of hosting September?

I was sad not to be online this weekend, but Saturday started at 7am and ended at 9:30pm, and Sunday started at 4:30am (I couldn’t sleep…) and by the time my responsibilities were over around 2pm, I was in no shape to try to think coherently to post, LOL.

=====================================

@merryapple Such an eventful weekend, and I can imagine the relief you feel that you’ve lined up someone to help you with Billy’s archive and everything.

@jaifaim Nice WHOOSH! and nice to be below your target! As to the temps, in the past dozen Augusts or so, the weather abruptly cooled off by 20th or so every year, and that was the end of excessive heat for the summer. This year, we’ve had three days of respite, but now the heat is supposed to come back. This year is like the first year I lived in Nebraska, back in 1986 when I returned to college, and it was HOT all the way up to November 4, when it suddenly was cloudy and in the 40s. It makes me chuckle that I so clearly remember that date, but I’d been looking forward to “crisp fall days” and had plaids and wools that I simply couldn’t wear, and was so very disappointed in the lovely weather. 😂 Thanks for the explanation of what you do; very little of it means anything to me, but I did catch that you love what you do, so that’s the most important detail, right? And, holy COW! One HUNDRED km??? Very, very impressive, lady! (And last year, it was our own Nebraska Cornhuskers who were playing in Ireland…we lost…)

@funshipfreddie Walking in place in front of the TV sounds like a Leslie Walk, so well-done you!

@daffodil2010

@songbirdme How fun to be building a house and making all the choices yourself AND to have it done by Christmas! How’s the packing going? DH is trying to talk me into starting the sorting process for our move next August, and I’m resisting…shouldn’t be, I know, but it’s hard to force myself to knuckle down.

@penz Awww, I’m so sorry you’re feeling so miserable. I know just how you feel, because at the beginning of August, I was probably back up to 165 at some point (I didn’t have scales to know) which is where I started back in February 2020!!! It’s all a mind-thing, as far as I’m concerned, because we seldom eat because we’re hungry, but almost always simply because we want to. Somehow the joy of food in our mouth outweighs the misery of a glut of food in our bellies, right? (I’m speaking personally here, but first-hand experience on multiple occasions.) I do so hope you can find some solid mojo so that you are soon celebrating your journey down!!! Here’s a question: is there an approach we can all take that will help you? Specific things that are more encouranging to you than others?

@northgeorgia Hmmm…seems to me that your plan to “attempt a FD500” is the same as saying “But it’s very possible I won’t do it.” Right? RESOLVE, sir, RESOLVE. ❤️

I had a lightbulb moment on Friday that I realized was worth sharing here. (You may think I share everything I ever think, but that is not so, LOLOLOL!!) I’d had a WF on Thursday, you may remember, and wanted to make Friday OMAD so that I could eat with impunity at the restaurant we chose for our date, but was concerned because I haven’t succeeded in a long time at not eating until supper on the day after a WF. And about one o’clock, when I was really starting to struggle at the idea of “I’m not eating until tonight” the thought hit me, “Well, how’s this any different from a WFD? Do you feel any different right now than you did yesterday at this time?” And I was shocked to realize I felt identical. Not any hungrier than if it were a WFD. And that’s when the lightbulb lit up: “So, Miss Carol, you’re not ‘not eating until dinner out at the restaurant,’ you’re ‘water fasting until this evening’!” And, BOOM!, I was suddenly fine with not eating.

Friday is our weekly night to go out to a restaurant, so I’ll use that approach again and see if it works as flawlessly as it did this past Friday!

Okay, again: do we have a host for September? The day is quickly approaching…

We’ve had three nights of temps that allowed us to open the windows, and it’s still cool now, so I’m going out to finish the mulch job I started a week ago.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 28 🌅
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 29, NFD, still here

Ok, I did yesterday’s FD. Not a WFD like I usually do, but at least it was under 500 cals.

Thanks for all your support and virtual hugs. You asked what you can do for me, @stitchincarol. Just keep doing what you’re all doing. I find the collective support and wisdom of the group to be what I need. You’re right, @jaifaim, we’ve all been there (or we wouldn’t be here!) And the accountability of posting.

I’m happy to host Sept if peeps don’t mind if I don’t check in on the weekends?

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD – 69.3 kg

Lowest weight this month 🎯 Finally got some wiggle room back.

@penz – well done! Why not stick to regular FDs? Having at least some food to look forward to on a FD later in the day makes fasting so much more tolerable.
    Thanks so much for offering to host September 💐

@stitchincarol – isn’t it surprising just how little food we can get by with, without feeling like we’re about to keel over? Sometimes I realise I haven’t eaten by noon after a FD the previous day, & although I may feel like I’ll really enjoy my lunch, I certainly don’t feel any different to any other day.

An article re food-processing. No wonder people are confused. How can an apple or carrot be ‘minimally processed’? I would have thought zero processed. And baked beans. I seldom eat them, but I wouldn’t have thought they were ultra-processed 🤔

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12452953/Five-health-foods-actually-damaging-health-scientists-warn-tidal-wave-harm-ultra-processed-foods.html

3 days to go til Spring! Down here anyway🍃🌷🐝🦋

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Had an unfortunate reaction to some f the post dental meds, probably the Tylex for pain relief, but Saturday afternoon I had a rash on my face and my legs were Wobbly. Nothing else frightening that would make me go to hospital, but I was de ice ly not right on Sunday and yesterday. Stopped taking everything, and it’s only today I feel on the right road.

Sheesh! Seems to be something always these days.

Got to go to work now. Catch you all tomorrow.

Thanks @penz for hosting September X

Day 29 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶‍♂️ ✅

Hi all, yesterday was controlled but not a true FD I was just too hungry – yes @funshipfreddie that’s what I spend my time doing when I’m not home and don’t have commitments or chores… club cycling means good distances but all very sociable… so you barely notice the kms… I love it… I also love getting out solo too but the mix of both is great for me.
    So another FD today.

@stitchincarol thank you! I’ve whooshed back up a bit 🤣… but as long as I’m seeing the lower numbers from time to time I know I’ll get there in a more permanent way soon. I must 💪
    I’ve said before that I have one of those bodies which is quite muscular – particularly my legs so people don’t necessarily spot my weight loss but more than a few comments this week on my shape so that a good sign – very much enjoying the compliments but conscious of loosing too much from my face as I don’t have much to loose there 😁. All a fine balance ⚖️.

Sorry to hear about the bad reaction @daffodil2010! As we get older we definitely seem to react to so much more.. hopefully you feel much better now.

@penz seriously well done on the FD 💪 you are now inspiring me today. See it works in roundabouts – we all pull together. We will be there to help out for the weekend so thanks for hosting September 🌟

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 29 ⚖️
    @jaifaim

Day 29 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶‍♂️ ✅

Hi all, yesterday was controlled but not a true FD I was just too hungry – yes @funshipfreddie that’s what I spend my time doing when I’m not home and don’t have commitments or chores… club cycling means good distances but all very sociable… so you barely notice the kms… I love it… I also love getting out solo too but the mix of both is great for me.
    So another FD today.

@stitchincarol thank you! I’ve whooshed back up a bit 🤣… but as long as I’m seeing the lower numbers from time to time I know I’ll get there in a more permanent way soon. I must 💪
    I’ve said before that I have one of those bodies which is quite muscular – particularly my legs so people don’t necessarily spot my weight loss but more than a few comments this week on my shape so that’s a good sign – very much enjoying the compliments but conscious of loosing too much from my face as I don’t have much to loose there 😁. All a fine balance ⚖️.

Sorry to hear about the bad reaction @daffodil2010! As we get older we are react to so much more.. hopefully you feel much better now 🙏

@penz seriously well done on the FD 🌟 you are now inspiring me! See it works in roundabouts – we all pull together.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 29 ⚖️
    @jaifaim

Day 29 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. Well, I shouldn’t have said “attempt to do,” I knew I would do it — I think it was just that I knew not much weight would shift after my FD500 compared to the previous day’s WFD. But it was just under half a pound loss as before. I just need to learn to be content with it and know what a post-WFD FD does. I do think it helps a bit with the momentum. Got my two days in this week, but considering another day, either Wednesday or Thursday. Still reeling from the birthday blow-out, and not liking that no one has decided when to celebrate the holiday…makes it hard to plan the FDs! Next week will be difficult due to so many things going on, but I’ll figure it out.

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 158.0

I worked five hours yesterday to finish the mulch job, doing a far more labor-intensive job than I originally planned, but the extra step I took is supposed to make the mulch stay in place and not slide onto the sidewalk, so I decided it was worth the effort and now we’ll see if it truly works. The added benefit is that it was five hours of hard work rather than two or three, beneficial both for calories burned and for total physical activity. DH helped some and when we were all cleaned up, we decided that going out for sushi was in order, not only because it’s been so long since we’ve had any, but also to celebrate the lovely mulch job, and to get in our last “hurrah” before the school year of classes starts at church, and our chances to go out are much reduced. MFP says I had 1031 calories, so I ended up halfway between my plan of either 800 or 1200. 😇 I’m thinking that, but for the sodium in the soy sauce, I would likely have dropped another pound since yesterday morning, beyond the 0.8 I’m down. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤪 I’m eager to see where I end up on Friday morning, the end of August/start of September.

=========================

@penz Good for you for doing a FD500 yesterday. After my several years of WF, I’ve begun to view FD500 as more difficult than a WF; do you feel the same? And thanks for volunteering to host September; there are so many of us who also don’t post on weekends that I don’t see it as a problem at all. 💞

@funshipfreddie It is indeed astonishing how little food we can comfortably get by on. I have a vivid memory of when I was 22 and weighed 110–my BMI was 19!–and I’d been on the run that day with little time to eat, and I got home well past my usual bedtime, and was ravenous. So I looked in the fridge and saw some left over chicken, and pulled it out and bit off a bite, chewed it, started to take another bite–and thought, “No, that’s enough, I feel much better now,” and went to bed. ONE BITE. “Much better”? Who was I??? 🤪😂🤣😂 Now I’m at the age where apparently my body needs far less–I see how little some of the little old ladies eat at church potlucks, even those who carry excess weight, and am starting to process that, while I feel 32 inside, my body is still going to function as 64. Do you feel any movement toward needing less food yet? You’re male and just enough younger than I that your path toward that might happen far later than mine. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Oh, and thanks for the links; I haven’t read them yet, but I’ve opened windows for them, and will eventually, LOL!

@daffodil2010 Bummer on the rash, and I’m glad you’re feeling right now; does that also mean the rash is gone?

@jaifaim I’m not sure if what you’re describing is the same as my body shape, but I have strong legs and carry most of my weight in the buttocks and thighs. That’s why I love dresses, because then I am camouflaging my least-thin body parts! 😂🤣😂 I remember @emma_taylor was also fond of dresses, and sewed many for herself–remember that?

@northgeorgia Good for you for doing that FD500 yesterday, and for having a different meaning to “attempt” than I understood. 👍

@michelinme How’s the camping been? If I remember correctly, you got home last night?

@lilymartin You have another two days of company; I hope it’s been delightful!

@at
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco
    @dramaqueen6
    @excelsior12309
    @gardenlily
    @malee57
    @merryapple
    @metatauta
    @missybear
    For all of you, I hope all is well, your mojo is high, and you’ve simply been busy!

Have a grand one, everyone.

“You’re too smart to be the only thing standing in the way of your success.”

Pocket List – Day 29 ⚖️
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 30 Auckland NFD 84.3kg

I returned early to Auckland over 2 days because I now have the dreaded lurgy – cough, HA, sore throat, stringy greenish sputum, blocked ears, nausea. The only up side is I’m not hungry and did a FD y’day. I’m now in social isolation…

@funshipfreddie I have always called ultra processed food industrialised food and avoided it at all costs. I even make my own baked beans!
    @jaifaim Impressive bike riding stats! Do you start off at home or attach your bike to your car and drive to the starting point? I’m thinking about doing this but am not sure if this would work on the Mini.
    @penz So pleased you checked in again. We’re all here for the uncritical support the group offers. Thanks so much for hosting next month. I do hope it helps you too.
    @daffodil2010 Gosh you have been having a difficult time of it… Hope by now you’re a box of fluffy ducks.
    @northgeorgia Nearly into the teens I see. Keep it up!

Here we all are nearly at the end of Audacious August with no try words! Go well for the next 48 hours!

Day 30, NFD, Aus

I had to check the calendar twice. It really is 30 August today! Wow.

And I had a sudden panic. Oh no, what do I call the September monthly thread?? Ideas please people! Then I’ll create the next forum.

I find 500 cal FDs much more difficult than a WFD, @funshipfreddie. I’m one of those people who find it hard to stop once I start so I’m much more successful if I just choose not to eat from the outset.

Day 30, second post

New monthly forum thread has been created! I was thinking about Striving for Svelt [or Sexy] but decided to keep it simple and just refer to Successful September!

Day 30 – Ireland – CD 🚫🚶‍♂️ ✅

Good morning all! Hope everyone is keeping the good side out… it’s all we can do … summer is officially over here as the children are back to school. Poor things!

Time for me to think about trips again 🤣

Apologies for the double post yesterday… no idea how that happened..

@stitchincarol well done on all the physical work yesterday! You deserved that yum sushi! I love the idea of sushi but am not a fan but Japanese food is one of my favourites. Just the warm stuff 🍜
    Yes I remember @emma_taylor she was incredibly crafty and could pull together dresses and swimsuits and all… I wear dresses but much prefer trousers/jeans.. I’ve a small bum.. not actually sure what my shape is 🤣

@merryapple you poor thing coming home feeling rough… I hope you get to rest and feel better soon. With the bike I often start from home as I’m lucky where I live with roads, paths, hills etc and the club is also close by but when I do challenges away from home the front wheel comes off and the bike goes in the back seat. It’s a very light racer 🚴 ♥️. That could work with the mini if your bike is small enough? I don’t like the external racks as the bike is open to damage from the road and elements…

@penz thanks so much for setting up what can only be a Successful September 🌟
    I have a busy month ahead – socially mainly but this will impact work and mum’s care so I may feel a little stretched but like others I’m just going to take it one day at a time… poca a poca 😁

Kia Kaha as @merryapple would say for the penultimate audacious day 💪

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

My last FD for Audacious August. I’d really like to finish a bit lower than I started. I was going to fast tomorrow, but I’m having dinner at a neighbour’s house & don’t want to be counting calories 😳

@merryapple – oh no? Feel better soon!

@penz – thanks for setting up ‘Successful September’ 🙏

@stitchincarol – A BMI of 19?! I’ve no idea what I weighed in my teens. The first time I gave my weight any thought was when I was around 25, a few months after I moved to South Africa. I sent my parents some photos of a visit to Pretoria zoo I’d taken with a couple of friends. My mum wrote back (before email) & told me I looked way too skinny & wanted to know if I was eating properly. So I remember weighing myself on a friend’s scale – because I didn’t have one – & I weighed around 70 kg. Which is just about what I weigh now 😅 “Do you feel any movement toward needing less food yet?” Hmm, haven’t thought about that before either? I certainly don’t WANT less food, & I think my body needs just about what I give it 🤔

Line-dancing time 🕺 Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Pocket List – Day 30
    @funshipfreddie 🥚

Day 30 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. Not pretty, but not too bad considering the birthday blowout. Also, yesterday my boss called me up and said he needed someone to fill-in last minute for a luncheon event in the next county. Thankfully, it wasn’t a FD!

With the rains from Idalia likely to affect us a bit today (but not as much as in the south of the state), it is a good day on my calendar to make it a FD. Not sure whether a WFD or FD500, but everything looks favorable for a WFD 🙂

Pocket List – Day 30
    @funshipfreddie 🥚
    @northgeorgia

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 267 total)

You must be logged in to reply.