Audacious and Achievable August 2023

This topic contains 267 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Penz 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 267 total)

• Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – OMAD – 161.0

Yesterday was far too sedentary for good health, but it was certainly lovely; I knit on DH’s fair isle sweater while binge watching some Netflix, all while DH drove to Lincoln to go on a long bike ride with DS26. They had a great time, I had a great time…and today I’ll work in the garden, because another day like yesterday will NOT be good for the scales, LOL!

===========================

@songbirdme Have a grand time on your trip! Are you driving or flying? We look forward to a report of all the lovely things you did!

@michelinme Well DONE on swerving the temptation!

@merryapple Your anniversary and my DH’s birthday fall on the same day, as does one of my sister’s birthday. Enjoy your lovely memories of him, and the semifinals game, and big congratulations on hitting the lower half of the 80s!

@penz Sunny days are always to be preferred, aren’t they? How was the new Japanese restaurant?

@jaifaim Have a grand time on your play day; do share tomorrow just what all you did!

@daffodil2010 Wow, I can imagine the relief that it got resolved. Enjoy your FD today, now that the tension of the mistake is resolved!

@funshipfreddie Oh, such frustration for your garage door! I hope it gets replaced easily and quickly. As to what/how you eat now, thanks for the time to articulate it. I think those of us who still are working to lose weight struggle to accept that we must change our habits–at least, I struggled to accept that. 😂 But it was exactly my stubborn determination to “eat normally” that’s put back on all the weight I’d lost, because I still haven’t internalized that what WAS normal cannot BE normal. I’ll get there.

@northgeorgia Oh, what disappointment on your gumbo!! But well done on swerving your mom’s lasagna, and enjoy your RB salad tonight!

Oh, @maui, it’s SUCH a joy and a relief to hear from you that you and your house are okay!!!!!!! Our hearts have been breaking to see on the news all that’s been destroyed on your beautiful island. So is the gallery and the artwork inside also okay? That sounds like a miracle in itself! Thank you so much for checking in with us, and know that you’ll continue to be in prayers.

Have a grand one, everyone!

“When you resist doing what you know needs done, it is difficult. Find a mental way to enjoy it, and just do it, and it is easy.” ~ Joe Vitale

So may we all enjoy our plan for today…tomorrow can wait, our only job is to enjoy our plan TODAY.

In support of that, I send you all RESOLVE to find a way to actually enjoy today’s eating plan–it’s what I’m determined to pull off today!

Pocket List – Day 15 💐
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia

Day 15 UK NFD

Plenty of PFDS today has led to a sensible eating NFD! I went out to meet friend for outdoor lunch and swerved toasted sandwiched (inc gf) and many carby, fatty, sugary things in favour of fritata with salad followed by lemon almond & polenta cake, elderberry soda and black coffee. Supper of baked beans and scrambled egg followed by fresh cherries, strawberries and peach. I feel protein-loaded and ready for another good NFD tomorrow when I’m off to meet a friend for outdoor tea.

Not quite on the break yet. This morning was a long zoom call with a lovely friend to plan two training projects we’re delivering together in the autumn, later afternoon was odds & ends of conference admin. But the list is getting much smaller and the gaps to do social things or to potter at home are getting longer….

Annoyingly I woke up with a stinking cold. Fortunately testing negative for covid but being careful not to pass it on eg meeting friends in outdoor places. Hoping that lots of fluids, vitamins and sleep will do the trick so I can still enjoy my social time.

@maui so glad to hear from you. We’ve been holding you and your neighbours in prayer in what sounds like such a nightmare situation. Thank you for checking in – PHEW!

@daffodil2010 what a worry, you poor thing. So glad it’s been sorted.

@merryapple congratulations on going down a category – these milestones are worth celebrating! You’ll be catching me up soon as I seem to be staying in the 82kg zone…

@stitchincarol not every day can be a super-active day – tho knitting is also productive! Sounds as tho you made great use of a rare quiet day at home!

Right, off to bath and zzzzzz

Day 16, NFD, Aus

Oh I love learning new words. What is a bakkie, @funshipfreddie? I’m thinking postie? (ie post office delivery person on a motorbike?) Good luck with getting body corporate insurance to pay – a new garage door will be great!

Oh the death cap mushroom story. Media here is also reporting that it’s gripped the nation, which made me think “really? I’m not gripped!!” Must be a slow news day, but it’s certainly getting a lot of air time for reasons I don’t understand. There’s competing stories too – she says she did eat the meal and also ended up in hospital; the children ate it too but as they don’t like mushrooms, they scraped that off.

Such a relief to hear from you @maui! And glad your artists and staff are safe (but devastating news they lost homes.)

New Japanese restaurant is definitely one to return to. There were a few teething issues with timing from the kitchen – but as it was their first night, and trialling their new tasting menu, not unexpected. The food was amazing, and NOT full of rice to fill you up! Some of the best salmon sashimi I’ve had (and I’m not a salmon fan).

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

In good form for another FD so lets DO it. Feeling much better now that the anxiety of the weekend is over and confirmation yesterday that all resolved and nobody outside of our company was affected and just PHEW!!

Ha Ha @funshipfreddie, if only a pay rise was on the cards, I would say an Inquisition will soon take place with fingers pointing everywhere, but I am far enough down the food chain to probably not be drawn into that (apart from telling what I found and how I immediately escalated it 😆).

Oh yes, and is a “bakkie” a slang word for somebody reversing into your door? Ie going backwards???

Oh @maui, I cannot tell you how very relieved I am to hear from you. I have been thinking of you and wishing you well, thank you for popping in and reassuring your friends on the forum that you are ok. Take care xxxx

Pocket list Day 16
    @daffodil2010

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@maui – such a relief to hear from you & to know you’re okay! 🤗

@penz – a bakkie? It’s a truck, y’know – you put stuff in the back. I think it’s called a pick-up truck in some parts of the world 🤔 I don’t think it was a resident who pranged my garage door anyway; someone delivering something, most likely.
    I don’t think the mushroom story is going away any time soon. There will probably be a ’60 Minutes Special’ any day now. And I guess the conflicting info just adds to the intrigue. I saw today that the kids also scraped off the mushrooms, & that the mother was also ill. But also, the ex-husband was supposed to be at the meal, but cancelled at the last minute. And he spent time in hospital last year with abdominal pain & was in a coma for 16 days?! It’s enough to put you off mushrooms 🍄

Cold & very windy here; even the cat doesn’t want to venture out 🥶️ But, no rain at least. And it’s line-dancing day 🕺

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

“Intentions are meaningless without action.”
    ~ Frank Sonnenberg

Day 16 – USA/GA – ZBC

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. Not sure what I’ll do today, but I’ll start off with a ZBC. Yes, as said, we can’t be “normal” if we want to see change 🙂

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800 or CD – 160.2

DH’s birthday yesterday was very low key, as I got a killer headache that I couldn’t kick, so my usual determination to make birthdays fun and special was gone. On the other hand, his favorite thing is to stay home and do nothing, so it’s not necessarily a bad thing! 😂 We just made plans to go out tonight, however, and I’ll make it OMAD so I don’t end up with an excess of calories. 👍💪

=======================

@michelinme Your descriptions of what you eat always fascinate me, and I’m smitten that you always end your meals with a variety of fresh fruits. Your RESOLVE to stick to your eating plan sounds very strong, and I’ll bet you start moving out of the 82s soon.

@penz A postie is a “post office delivery person on a motorbike,” eh? Well, in the States, I don’t believe any mail is delivered by someone on a motorbike, but always in a particular truck: https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/05/640/320/llv-12.jpg?ve=1&tl=1 Although, that’s also not true, because in rural areas such as mine, people can get the contract to deliver mail from their own vehicles, and they usually get them altered so they drive on the right side so it’s easy to put mail into the mailboxes along the roads. Hmm. Well I’m entertained by the image of mail coming on a motorbike, even so! Glad the Japanese restaurant was so good and that you’re excited to return at some point and have more salmon. 😉

@daffodil2010 How wonderful that you’re doing B2B FDs; that’s indeed serious RESOLVE, and I can imagine the depth of the relief!

@funshipfreddie Are you talking, for example, a Ford? Even Wikipedia calls them pick-up trucks. 😂 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_F-Series But I’m amused by the term “bakkie”!

@northgeorgia Nice number this morning!

@at How’s your RESOLVE going? Even though you’ve been silent for a couple of days, I’ll bet you’ve pulled off at least one FD.

@merryapple It’s so unusual not to have your post already; hope all is well!

Okay, it’s another cool morning, so I’m going to once again head out to pull weeds. Those 5″ of rain that fell here while we were on vacation had a dramatic effect on all the itty bitty weeds that were just starting! I got a lot accomplished yesterday morning before the headache took over, so I don’t have much to finish up.

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” — Jim Rohn

So in that spirit, I wish you all the pain of discipline! ❤️👍

Pocket List Day 16
    @daffodil2010

Day 16 – Ireland – CD 🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅

Hello I am up to ninety here today so just a quick check in and will chat tomorrow. Lovely fun day yesterday… will expand tomorrow.
    @maui just to say I was so relieved to see your post but am so terribly sorry for you and all your people. 💕
    Praying for you all now and remembered you in one of our beautiful churches yesterday. 💕

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 16 USA (ILLINOIS) NFD

Hopefully leaving today … had to have some car work done (the car we wanted to take) and waiting to hear we can pick it up. Ugh… delayed hopefully not too long. Looking forward to driving through 7 states over the course of the next few days.

Hugs to you all — I will try to keep up and checking in!

Onward and downward.

Day 17 NFD NZ 85.1kg

I wrote my post and accidentally left the page so it turned into a flyby, rewrote it and submitted. But by then I needed to log in and it flybyed… Grrr…
    Great game, great fun, great rib sticker food (dumplings on stew) and red wine. I was a Swedish supporter because of my Viking blood but my loyalty wained through the match because España was more exciting and I love Spanish food and literature 🤥 As penance I did a FD y’day.

@maui I am so relieved to hear from you and sending lots of 💕 and strength.
    @penz The Japanese salmon dish sounds delicious. The eco mantra is to eat farmed over wild protein unless it’s a pest ie eat Salmon and “Save the Wild Fish” and in NZ eat wallabies 😋🤣
    @funshipfreddie 8 women, 4 men Jury 11/1 verdict guilty of murder for the SA mother who killed her 3 daughters… There are no winners here. She wasn’t deemed psychotic so the infanticide defence didn’t stack up.
    @daffodil2010 It’s lovely to have daffodils as your wedding flower 💝
    @stitchincarol Our posties are on bikes or wee electric 3 wheelers so they can drive along the footpaths!

Must keep going. I had a late night watching the Australia vs England game. The final is going to be an interesting match up of different styles.

Kia Kaha!

Day 16 UK FD800/CD

Somehow I only ate 860 calories today, narrowly missing a FD800. Tho as I over-estimated vegan butter amounts on MFP I may have hit it. Long day including ‘tea’ catch up in town with lovely friend/colleague (cawston’s ginger beer and a decaf black coffee). Didn’t get back til late so now need to stay up later to let food finish digesting. Food today has been a bit samey as I work to eat up older fruit & veg – crispy dried chickpeas, huge heap of cauliflower with a little vegan butter and nutritional yeast, quorn ‘chicken’ and sweet chilli sauce, strawberries, cherries and plums.

One more day to go: one zoom meeting, one tradesperson coming to look at kitchen appliances (to plan moves while replacing kitchen flooring) and the To Do list is getting shorter. Really hoping the list all fits into one not-too-long day as I’m feeling pretty tired now. Tho having realised I could take the last week of August off too I’m feeling a bit better about this week.

I have heaps of salad stuff that needs eating up so that plus grilled halloumi and yet more fruit will be tomorrow’s FD food. (Halloumi is not a wise FD food but needs eating up and the salad will be few calories) I’d hoped to have made carrot & ginger soup by now but not had time – le weekend will be soon enough. My fortnightly Oddbox arrived last night and I realised I’m away in just over a week so rather a lot to plough through/carefully eat in order of how long it will keep….

@daffodil2010 I can feel your relief. Well done on B2B FDs!

@stitchincarol hope you headache is much better today and you’ve had a fun evening out with DH. I always have a yen for puddings and taught myself (and DD) years ago that regular puds would be fruit or yoghurt, weekend puds a bit more exciting. It’s amazing how creative I can get with fruit in order to make it a ‘standard’ pud, Atm it’s full-on summer fruit season so shops are awash and fruit is cheaper. I’m trying to set up healthier habits by indulging myself in that.

@songbirdme hope you have a lovely time away

@northgeorgia i like your thinking – and great number today!

Day 17, NFD, Aus

-6 degrees (C) overnight!! Brrr! I’m working from home today and literally have direct eyeline to the fridge, so I’m not going to kid myself with pretending I’ll have a FD. Instead, I’ll be mindful, and opt for an OMAD tomorrow.

So a bakkie is what we’d call a ute.

Our local postie now has an electric buggy (like a golf cart) not a motorbike. The dogs hate it because they can’t hear him coming! Posties here will ride down the footpath (sidewalk) for closer access to the letter boxes.

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

FD yesterday morphed into NFD due to cakes literally being plonked in the desk beside me at work, then I had to have a wee tart, then another. Oh well.

Feel good though today, Sun is shining and the weekend is near. DH and I will be celebrating 20 years since our first date this weekend 😍 So a slap up lunch planned in fancy city centre hotel on Saturday 🍾

Re postmen/women, remember @ciren2 and her tales of life on the post route, the guys wearing shorts in the depths of winter etc, wonder how she is?

As I live in a rural village our postman drives a small little van. Back in my youth and living in Dublin, our postmen then used to ride bicycles, or Honda 50 scooters. The dogs used to chase those scooters 😀

Have a great day. I am now flirting with starch resistant carbs, ie cooking potatoes and letting them go cold, cold cooked pasta…supposed to be good for gut health?

Have a great Thursday.

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@stitchincarol – yes, that’s it! And as @penz said, a Ute in Australia, (short for utility?) The most popular ones here are Toyotas, lots of Fords too though.

@merryapple – I saw the verdict. Horrible case. You can’t help thinking she couldn’t possibly have been in her right mind though? But there was plenty of evidence that she planned it well in advance. Mind-boggling.

@penz – minus 6 C?! I can’t even imagine how that feels 🥶️ What part of Australia are you in?

@daffodil2010 – I remember @ciren2! Can’t remember the last time I saw a postman though; although apparently we do still have them. It’s been many years since the SA Post Office made a profit, they’ve been bailed out so many times. Like most state-owned enterprises here, it’s rife with corruption & incompetence.

FD today 🙁 & no other Thursday fasters so far? I wish I’d done it yesterday now, drat. Oh well, Mark Twain would approve 😅

“Do something everyday that you don’t want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain”. ~ Mark Twain

Pocket List – Day 17 🍏
    @funshipfreddie

Day 17 – Ireland – FD 🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅

Hi everybody, yesterday was just so busy, a classic case of work compressing into the time you have to do it… with two days off this week it inevitably means that there is a little more to do while there.
    Tuesday was a lovely day… up early for a short cycle and then visited the Tenement Museum with friends who had never been, the National Concert Hall for a lunchtime session and followed by late lunch and a browse in the National Gallery – I love days out of work like this. Very special and the sun shone all day so a bonus! ☀️ we passed the gorgeous University Church which I had never been into and offered up a prayer for @maui and all those suffering now. 💕

@songbirdme wishing you the best on your travels! I’m
    always amazed at the sheer distances you all travel over there.. go well 🚗
    @merryapple now now… a FD should be a good thing not a penance 🤣🤣🤣 a luxury that we can choose to fast? That we can fill our boots on other days? I’m obviously talking myself into the positives as I’m on a FD today 🤩
    @michelinme as I’m generally on the move between houses I often find myself “eating down” the contents of my fridge and cupboards so can appreciate the challenge of having to eat the Oddbox before you go 🏕️
    @penz so cold!!! Keep well and warm.
    @stitchincarol I hope you are feeling better and had a lovely celebration in the end 🎈
    @daffodil2010 well done on spotting the issue which could have caused huge problems! I’m sure those higher up were glad you were there Friday but what a shame it affected your weekend. I can appreciate the worry you’d have experienced even though there was nothing you could do yourself to relive the problem.
    I often wonder about @ciren2 who dropped off the form early in the Covid days I think… loved hearing about her rounds and she gave us all an insight into the life of the postie.. I hope she is well 💕
    @funshipfreddie I’m with you today…. Hoping for a good one as will be out and about again tomorrow

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 17 🍏
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim

Day 17 – USA/GA – ZBC

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. My co-workers came down again to get a project done. So went out to lunch. I did have supper, but didn’t go crazy. May do a late lunch today and see if that puts me off a large supper tonight. Next week is messed up a bit (work potluck on Tuesday and birthday on Thursday!), so after Sunday, uncertain what I will do. Probably make Monday a FD500.

Day 17-No. VA-FD
    Just a quick note today. Off to the dentist for an early AM appointment. Just a cleaning/maintenance one, I hope! They put fluoride on your teeth at the end of the exam, which puts you off eating for an hour at least! Joining the pocket list for a FD.

Pocket list, day 17:
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 160.0

I had another headache kick in yesterday that medicine didn’t touch, so threw some food at it. That ruined my FD800-1200 plans, but solved the headache problem, so I counted it good. And DH and I ended up cooking at home because he realized–BLESS him, LOL!–we had a meeting last night. All in all, I’m tickled pink that I haven’t fasted since last week and yet my weight is pretty much identical to what it was then. That’s not good, because I want to be losing weight, but it’s also excellent, because I’m clearly not overeating on a string of NFDs, so perhaps the idea of eating “reasonably” is finally/once again becoming familiar and normal. Today, my school year piano lesson schedule begins, so I should be fine to do a WF as I’m gone most of the afternoon and not home until 6 or 7. I am a bit terrified of the challenge as it’s been so long, but I’m busy encouraging myself that it will feel delightful, so hopefully I can find a way to make it a joy; regardless, I’m making the promise to myself and to you, so it WILL happen…the only exception to that being if another headache kicks in. Don’t know what’s up with the sudden frequency of headaches, but am hopeful they’ll disappear as abruptly as they showed up.

=======================

@jaifaim What does “I am up to ninety here today” mean?? I’m quite envious of your lovely Tuesday! What did you hear at the concert hall? The whole day sounds as lovely as you assured us it was; I’m so glad you got to do that!

@songbirdme Oh, how aggravating that the car you wanted to take had problems! I’m hope the wait wasn’t too long before it was repaired, safe, and ready to go.

@merryapple Oh, isn’t that frustrating to lose a post? Do you type on your laptop/desktop or on your phone? I chuckled to read that you did a FD “for penance.” I’ve done that before… 😉🤪🤣

@michelinme Whether it was FD800 or FD860, I think you hit it, and you have every reason to be proud of yourself. Yeah, halloumi is going to be high in calories, but you’ve got a good point about the salad ingredients being very low in calories, and it will certainly be yummy!

@penz Has your blood thickened up by now, then? That’s what all Midwesterners say happens to your blood in the winter, making it easier to tolerate the cold; then in the summer, it thins, making it easier to tolerate the heat. Apparently, it’s actually true, even though for years I thought it was nonsense! And for a day staring at your fridge, I wish you strength!

@daffodil2010 Well, remember that @mariaelena did the whole baked-potato-cooled-then-heated-up thing–every day, if I’m remembering correctly–and dropped down to 125 or so; do share how it seems to work for you, okay?

@funshipfreddie It’s so funny how the exact same thing can have such a variety of names around the world!

@northgeorgia After refeeding, 220 isn’t a bad number; with excellent choices today, you should only have the pain of discipline tomorrow!

@excelsior Yeah, I’m never interested in food for an hour or more after getting my teeth cleaned. Good to hear from you.

In the spirit of @funshipfreddie, with the links he shares, here’s one that may be fun for you and even make you laugh about what it is to be a midwesterner: https://www.insider.com/things-midwesterners-know-2017-9#25-its-a-hotdish-not-a-casserole-25 I don’t necessarily agree with every claim he makes, but it’s still all true and familiar stuff!

Almost all the weeds are pulled in every flower/garden bed I have, which is plenty, so I’m feeing quite virtuous today and keep going to the windows to admire how lovely they look. They all are quite sad looking, however, if you look at how little mulch is remaining on each bed; but there’s no good time of year to put down new mulch–for example, right now is dumb because we’re only a month before leaves turning colors and starting to fall, and getting all the leaves out of the mulch is impossible; in the winter, it’s covered with snow, in the spring, it’s the “helicopters” that fall from the trees, in the summer it’s the “seed balls,” and year-round, the wind blows it out of the beds and onto the sidewalk or into the lawn. Nonetheless, we’ve decided to do mulch on every bed (we have a place to get it for free, so it’s easy to be cavalier about something that would cost close to a thousand dollars if we had to buy it). That will entail going to the source and scooping it into the back of DH’s truck (his pickup, bakkie, or ute, as you prefer to call it 🤣🤣🤣), and then unloading it (we’ll put it on a tarp to make it easy to do that), and then putting piles on each bed, and then spreading it. The first time we did this, years ago, it seemed like an easy job. Gradually, over the years, as we’ve done it again and again, I’ve realized what a tiring job it is. But it’s good exercise, right? And it’ll certainly look lovely for a month or so when it’s done! 😂

But all that’s for another day; today I work at church and then drive to Omaha to teach piano; two very sedentary jobs!

I’m going back to what is possibly my favorite quote of all inspiring quotes: “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” — Jim Rohn

So in that spirit, I wish you all the pain of discipline! ❤️👍

Pocket list, day 17:
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309
    @stitchincarol WF

Day 17 UK FD800

I thought I posted earlier but came here to second post and no first post! O well…

Today has been another FD800 but that will do me. Harder to do a FD500 after a FD800, especially with a cold. I had the leftover halloumi for lunch with a tomato salad, then supper of panfried soya chunks with mushrooms and steamed broccoli followed by a pear and a peach. I also had about 400 ml apple juice diluted in fizzy water – around 2 litres of fizzy water because it’s been hot today. ALMOST at the end of the old fruit&veg box, just one meal and a batch of soup and I should be ready to tackle this fortnight’s fruit&veg box by the weekend! Next week’s meals will be planned around what will keep until I get back from camping 🙂

Another tired, coldy day trying to finish up and struggling to get through the list – but progress has been made! Typing up notes from a meeting earlier in the week made me realise that the autumn is going to be really busy but none of it is walking on water, and I’m quite well planned/prepared. *Just* two very specific tasks left to do – a research summary and a difficult letter. I suspect they’ll each take a couple of hours so I can do one tomorrow morning and one tomorrow evening, then switch off for two whole weeks 🙂

In between I’m doing two holiday things! Firstly off to Lambeth Palace library to visit an exhibtion of mediaeval music manuscripts and have lunch with my clever friend who has put the exhibtion together. Then it’s home to try out camping equipment with my gardening friend who has promised to tidily deflate my air mattress and help me work out how to strap it all together so I can carry it on the train. So many things still find out/do/organise pre-camping! Very glad I have the early part of next week clear to rest, potter, prep…

Also another day with a tradesperson coming to do something – or look at what needs doing, take photos, measure and go. I’m mid being fitted for smart meter for gas & electricity and awaiting new kitchen flooring as there’s a hole in the flooring. I’ve been waiting since March for the meter and since May for the flooring. This week I had visits with the 3rd, 4th and 5th gas engineers and the 3rd kitchen floor specialist. Eventually some work will be done; hopefully not loudly and dustily in the autumn term.

I’ve not weighed myself for a few days and I’m definitely feeling thinner but I suspect it might be a shrinkflation week rather than a lighter one. I’m staying away from the daily tyranny of the scales for a bit and back to weekly weighing – otherwise my motivation goes up and down with the little arrow! Now I just have to remember to weigh myself tomorrow morning!

Pocket list, day 17:
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309
    @stitchincarol WF
    @michelinme FD800

Day 18, NFD, Aus TGIF

@funshipfreddie, I’m in Canberra, the nation’s capital. I’ve lived here on and off for 30-ish years and I can never acclimatise to the cold. It’s worse on fast days! If my blood is thickening, @stitchincarol, it doesn’t seem to help!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 18 USA (North Carolina) NFD

We are two-thirds of our way to Myrtle Beach, spending the night in NC. It will be 5 more hours tomorrow to get over to the coast. And yes, it is quite a distance drive!

Looking forward to some sun, sand, and water.

Onward and downward.

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Happy Fri-yay!!

So on my restricted starch carbs journey, I have cold brown rice and cooked potatoes in the fridge, and made a batch of overnight oats for the first time last night for this morning breakfast. Yum.

DH is throwing his eyes to heaven at what he sees as yet another one of my health fads 😆

However, my research tells me that starch resistant carbs are very good for gut health, especially colon etc, and as I do have issues there, all my life, well, this hopefully will help in that matter. Quite excited to see how it goes and how it assists my weight loss journey too.

@michelinme, funny you mention your smart meter installation. We had ours installed two years ago, but for some reason (DH 🙄), we only “switched it on” and went with a smart plan 4 weeks ago. This plan has night boost with cheaper energy between 2am and 4am and I am seriously following it, …….and within 4 weeks we have cut our monthly bill by 50% 💃

I am a woman possessed now with energy saving 💃

Have a great weekend all.

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 69.7 kg

Finally?! Yahoo Mail’s been down here again, 2nd time in 3 days. I’d started my post last night & saved it as a draft, but I couldn’t open it.

I’m giving myself a big gold ⭐️ for yesterday. In the spirit of doing things you don’t want to do (to acquire the habit of doing one’s duty without pain) I exceeded my own expectations. I aced my FD and I clocked up 12,000 steps. I changed Boo Boo’s flea collar – no easy task 😱 I drank 6 glasses of water (I’m counting that as 6 things – not 1) & I completed my provisional tax return for the current year. Phew?!

@stitchincarol – That was a long post! If not the longest ever, I’m betting it has to be in the top 3. A gold star for you too ⭐️ Great article re the mid-west. I think 11 of the 25 points were food-related! And I read them all; on my FD 😳. We called soda ‘pop’ too, when I was a kid in the UK. And I love the sound of that Puppy Chow 😋

This always cracks me up 🤣
    “By replacing your morning coffee with green tea, you can lose up to 87% of what little joy you still have left in your life” ☕️ ~ Unknown

Happy Fri-yay! 🍹

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD – 159.4

I’m so sad to report I had no pain of discipline yesterday and have lots of pain of regret today–but also lots of delight in fun memories. The final Jazz on the Green was last night and DH had a meeting, but a friend finally agreed to go with me, and that pretty much destroyed all my plans. At least it was a great evening, and she had a fun time. And Bobby Watson, a sax player from Kansas City, was wonderful. ❤️ I didn’t eat horribly at all, but it was nowhere near a WF and so I have no lovely number to bask in this morning. On the other hand, I am going down, even if it’s slowly, and not fast enough to get me to 140 by Christmas, so I’m redoubling my determination. 🤷🏻‍♀️👍

==========================

@michelinme “…then switch off for two whole weeks…” That will be so wonderful for you! What prompted this decision to go camping, and who are you going with? I do hope your cold is dramatically improved by then! Your words made me chuckle: “I’m definitely feeling thinner but I suspect it might be a shrinkflation week rather than a lighter one.” I’m in the same boat with a far flatter stomach than when I was having a beer or two every day while on vacation, so I definitely look five pounds thinner even though I’m not; it’s a definite improvement, isn’t it? Your food choices will absolutely have next week be a lighter one, I’m sure!

@penz I only appreciate the cold of a FD on a hot summer’s day; winter FDs, as you’re experiencing, are very miserable!

@songbirdme That’s an area of the country I’ve never visited; when DH retires next year, we’ll start traveling more. Are you familiar with the area?

@daffodil2010 Wow, a 50% savings? VERY impressive! I love overnight oats and made them several years ago for me to eat at lunch. Mine had yogurt, fruit, and chia seeds; what do you put in yours?

@funshipfreddie Yeah, I can type…sorry, LOL! That’s an impressive list of accomplishments on your FD yesterday, and I’m so sorry your email was complicating your post this morning–very frustrating. My MIL used to make that puppy chow recipe all the time, and that makes me realize I should make some to take next time we go visit her; she’ll enjoy it. Here’s a conversation from when I was growing up that was very, very normal when you were offering people refreshments: “Would you like a coke? Yes? Okay, we have root beer, 7-up and Pepsi; which would you like?” In other words, “a coke” did not mean a Coca-Cola, but a pop, a soda–and pop is what I grew up hearing it called on the west coast.

@northgeorgia We miss you; hope everything’s okay!

@excelsior12309 Thinking of your busy office; is it slowing down at all yet?

Okay, it got down to 54F/12C last night and is still cool outside, but the forcast is for the 90s and 100s / 33-38 C, and the lows will only be in the 70s/20s (MISERABLE), so there will be zero gardening for me for all next week–so much for my plan to go get and put out mulch. But I can go out and finish the weeding this morning, so I’m headed out now.

You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.

Day 19 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Very quiet here; I hope everyone’s having a good yet restrained weekend. Remember – it’s only food 😜

@stitchincarol – it’s a little over 18 weeks til Christmas. You COULD get to 140 lb by then, by losing a measly 1 lb per week! I’m cheering you on. What a great Christmas present that would be for yourself! 🎯

Michael Mosley’s column from the UK Mail:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12422783/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-dreams-naked-public-stop-them.html

“Tell me I can’t, then watch me work twice as hard to prove you wrong.” ~ Unknown

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD – 160.4

Wow, @funshipfreddie, it’s quiet, indeed–only you and me! I have my food planned for today (which is impressive, given it’s only 7:35 and I was asleep fifteen minutes ago, LOL!). For lunch, it will be the rest of last night’s red snapper from when DH and I went out (but total calories were only 840), and a small preporttioned salmon filet and steamed green beans for supper. I’ll also allow myself a small yogurt at about 150 calories, and the total might even be around 800.

And, yeah, I’m still in the realm of possibility, but my cushion is gone, so I can’t be dinking around anymore.

So for today, I can be disciplined; tomorrow can take care of itself, and today is all that concerns me.

Thanks, David, for the encouragement, and have a good day! DH and I are off to go get our first load of mulch while it’s still cool enough to work outside.

Day 19 – USA/GA – NFD

Well that was strange; I did post yesterday, but I guess I got logged out somehow. Anyway, a quick recap. On Day 17, I did end up doing a FD500 with a RBSalad. Maybe too big, although it was just lettuce, cucumbers, cabbage, spices, a teaspoon of bacon bits, five tiny cheese keto crisps (maybe 20 calories max), and balsamic vinegar… the next day I was “only” down 1.4 lbs. Well, my goodness! LOL, no, that’s fine. So I weighed in at 219 on Friday, and after a ZBC, we enjoyed a barbecue lunch and a lasagna dinner, and only up to 220 lbs and change today, so I feel like it was a successful week. I’ll probably do Sun/Mon as a FD (WFD, then FD500) going into next week.

Oh, and growing up in Georgia, we did the same thing: “What kind of Coke do you want?” “Dr. Pepper.” Less common now since the migration South from the rest of the country.

Day 20 NFD NZ

I posted y’day, didn’t check it and it’s done a flyby…
    The only thing of note was @penz Isn’t it more correct to call the bakker a “beaut ute”!!! 🤣🤣🤣
    Our weather is wet and cold today 10*C as per usual. The lack of sunlight is now affecting the horticulture industry. China is not buying our cows milk products because their economy is going down the drain so we might all be tightening our belts… I always hope that sheep will be our saviour again. They are lighter on the land, produce way less methane, use less water etc. Wool is such a great organic fibre and researchers are developing amazing new deconstructed wool products with it. Some farmers have converted to sheep milk which on all accounts is much easier to digest and has twice the amount of protein and calcium etc plus makes delicious cheeses!
    Weigh day is tomorrow morning so I’ll see how I’m going after doing some entertaining… This morning I had a slice of homemade sourdough toast (yes the bug is surviving despite not getting much attention) and homegrown marmalade. Yum!

Kia Kaha! (Stay Strong!)

Day 20 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏆 🇪🇸

I’m about to incarcerate Boo Boo at Angel’s Cattery, & I already feel guilty. It’s only for 4 nights though, so she’ll just have to get over it. She won’t forgive me, but she will get over it 😿

Driving up to East London tomorrow (the S African one) about 4 hours up the N2 for a friend’s birthday on Tuesday, & coming back Wednesday. So, no excuse not to stick to my 2 FDs 🎯

So it’s a FD today. @northgeorgia – adding you to the list just in case 💪

“There are only two options: Make progress or make excuses”. ~ Unknown

Pocket List – Day 20 🥚
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 20 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. Wow, very nice. Lowest Sunday weigh-in since June; I wasn’t necessarily “good” yesterday, but I did keep snacking and proportions in mind. I could still see fallout from that later in the week, but apparently it wasn’t too destructive.

Anyway, yes, I will be doing a WFD today and a FD500 (or is it just 200 with my RBSalad?) and I’m not sure about the rest of the week. If I do, it would be on Wednesday, but I do have a day road trip with the college president and some staff members that day, so I’m not counting on it.

Pocket List – Day 20 🥚
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 20 – Ireland – FD 🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅

Hi all, it’s been a busy weekend here and we all had a great day on Friday celebrating and remembering my lovely dad.
    I hope you had lovely celebrations too @stitchincarol.

Home now after leaving mum and hoping that this week is less busy for me.
    Have not weighed since last week as we have no scales at mum’s house so will see what’s what tomorrow or maybe I’ll stay off them until Friday…

Hopefully everyone is well and the fasters are strong for their Sunday FD.💪

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 21, FD, Aus

Not feeling at all motivated today, probably because it’s grey and grizzly outside and it’s Monday! Will really have to draw on the won’t power…

Day 21 FD NZ 85kg

The Westie alarm clock is malfunctioning and he was up in the middle of the night wanting to go outdoors so I had to be up too… I watched the FIFA World Cup finals which finished after midnight here. What a great game! The Spanish were a joy to watch in the midfield. I saw them live at Eden Park and felt they were real contenders because their game play was electric. It was lovely to see their Queen and daughter congratulating the team on the podium.
    @funshipfreddie and @stitchincarol Hmm 1lb of butter per week… I am managing 1kg per month which is 2.2lbs and that has involved starvation and deprivation throughout the winter and wearing layers of woolly sweaters… Is it any easier to lose weight in summer?
    @jaifaim I’m so pleased that you had a beautiful memorial weekend for your father.

Monday’s Pocket List
    Merry🍎

Day 21 FD country west Australia 82.9 kgs.
    Hi everyone. I’m BACKKK !!!!
    Hopefully back on track after 2 months being here there and everywhere.
    Making very poor choices, eating too much ( just about the coldest winter on record and too cold for me to fast properly….) And the scales are certainly showing the results.🙄
    Determined to fast today and to do it properly.
    As I read somewhere, I will ‘ think of hunger pangs as the feeling of fat cells shrinking!!)
    @merryapple, I am not a soccer fan but watched plenty of the women’s games. Very exciting.
    Congratulations to Spain.
    Have a good day everyone.

Day 21 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 69.8

@lilymartin – welcome back! “Determined to fast today & to do it properly”. Yes! 💪

@merryapple – 1 kg per month is great – ‘slow & steady wins the race’ – & all that. But 1 lb per week is VERY achievable, with the right mindset & motivation. We’re already supposed to be following 5:2, so two good FDs plus a little restraint on NFDs and… voila! I don’t like to blow my own trumpet, but I once lost 18 lb in a month. Living on a ship, surrounded by great, easily-accessible food 24/7. But it was a ‘Biggest Loser’ competition, & I can be a tad competitive, so… 😅

Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters 🎯

“There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.”

Pocket List – Day 21 🍒
    @penz
    @merry🍎
    @lilymartin

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

We had a great weekend. We had lunch in a swish 5 star hotel in Dublin in Saturday to celebrate 20 years since our first date, really great, that hotel and its staff are legendary in Dublin.

And what made it better, was that the Irish rugby team stay there when there is a home match, and as a bonus for us, as we left the restaurant we saw the lobby cordoned off and full of rugby fans, so we stood outside the main entrance (not cordoned off as we were officially guests 😄), and then got to see the team as they left. DH got great video footage of our heroes. 😄 And then they beat England too 👍

Had a day of relaxation yesterday after the excitement of Dublin.

Definite FD today, I feel really up for it. Let’s do this everyone 💃

2nd Post – Day 21

Pocket List – Day 21 🍒
    @penz
    @merry🍎
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010

Day 21 – Ireland – FD 🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅

Typo – yesterday was not a FD!! But today will be 💪

Hope everyone is well and here we go onto the last 10 days of audaciousness… tired now but will ease myself through a good day 😁

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 21 🍒
    @penz
    @merry🍎
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Day 21 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Planning on a FD500 today. With it being my birthday week, plans may be easily derailed from unforeseen circumstances! But got lots going on today, so maybe it will work out well.

Looking good right now, with the lowest Monday weigh-in since June. August is certainly curving the July uptick downwards. Could be a great start to September!

Pocket List – Day 21 🍒
    @penz
    @merry🍎
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia

Day 21-No. VA USA-FD800

Hard to believe we are 3/4 through audacious August…Work is still quite busy, but slowing a bit, I think, as kids are getting back to school. Then my best office nurse notified me she is moving out of state soon to take care of her mom, who is ill…so we will miss her expertise and will have to start hiring all over again. This happens not infrequently. I no longer get too aggravated (no point, anyway).

Weight stable, trending slowly downward (??? a few ounces per day?). I made a lot of vegetable and tofu stir fry yesterday to eat for lunches, so that will help me stay on track.
    Pocket list, day 21:
    @penz
    @merryapple
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @northgerogia. (early Happy Birthday!)
    @excelsior12309

Second post… a little more time to read posts…

@funshipfreddie wow!!! 18lbs in a month! That is just so inspiring and on a cruise ship – has to be the hardest place to eat less….
    @excelsior12309 sorry to hear you are so busy… and always such a shame to lose a good colleague … downward in any way is fantastic! I’m up…. No surprise to me but taking control this week after a little excess last week…
    @northgeorgia I wish you a very happy birthday week! I hope that you and your family celebrate well🎈
    @daffodil2010 sounds like a lovely weekend and a lovely bonus to spot the rugby team ⭐️ . They did well 💪

Great to have you back @lilymartln good luck with your FD 👍

@merryapple thank you 💕. You are doing well ⬇️
    @penz with you on the motivation but expecting it will come along as the day goes on… minute by minute…

Right back to work, I had a late night last night as forgot my laptop at my mother’s house so had to drive back to get it … doh! Left again early today… 😔 she was thrilled 💕 me not so much 😂 but it’s the first time I’ve done this after many years of going between the two houses..

Day 21 UK FD 82kg
    Day 20 CD
    Day 19 NFD
    Day 18 NFD

I hadn’t realised I’ve not posted since Thursday – I could have sworn I’d posted on Friday but it’s not there. I’ve been audaciously well-controlled and very proud of myself I am too!

Friday’s picnic lunch out with friend was variation on theme of chickpea – homemade hummus, chickpea fritter, chickpea salad, carrot sticks, tahini dressing – followed by strawberry/plum/nectarine fruit salad and yogurt with a couple of squares of v dark chocolate. Supper was small and healthy but I don’t remember it at all! Sat lunch was scrambed eggs & baked beans, supper was red lentil pasta with mushroom, spinach and tomato sauce – my most carb in a whole week – followed by the last of the strawberries and a couple of squares of v dark chocolate. But total calories was inside my goal weight TDEE on BOTH DAYS! On Sunday morning I had gone down 3lbs – sadly the post-carb whoosh number didn’t last but it was encouraging.

Yesterday I decided not to go out but spent time catching up on chores and cooking, and majored in watching the athletics world championship. Snacked on yummy kale crisps baked with rapeseed oil, paprika and garlic salt and an apple with peanut butter while making a batch of green sauce – brocoli, spinach, peas, oil, spices. Supper was more red lentil pasta with green sauce, followed by mango, nectarine and plum compote – gently nuked with freshly ground cardommom and cinnamon – and the last of my yogurt kefir.

TL:DR I ate really well over the weekend, enjoyed meal planning and prep (not so much the cleaning up!) and gently grounding myself again. I hardly even went out into the garden except to water veg pots and hang up laundry but it’s clearly what I need in this crash/rest/recover time.

Although my weight has hardly changed I’m feeling thinner – my carbtastic stomach has shrunk dramatically, clothes are fitting better and the numbers will come down in their own good time. To have got through a weekend without sugar or unhealthy carb ‘treat’, to have switched my sense of ‘treat’ over to apple with peanut butter or v dark chocolate – this feels both audacious and achievable. I’m still 35lb or 17kg above where I would like to be but getting there now feels achievable. ALL i need to do is act!

Today I have crawled out of bed in time to tidy up for the cleaner, and spent the morning on a wodge of small admin chores/organising that will make life easier for Future Me. I’ve done one of my two outstanding pieces of project work and *Just* have to write a difficult letter then I’m done until 3 September….. I’m going to draft it then go out!

The next couple of days are about planning and prep for camping trip, leaving first thing Thursday. I’m off to a 4 day arts/music festival in not-so-sunny Northants. My first trip to actually camping in 25 years tho I did go glamping in 2019. It feels scary – so much to do and remember – but hopefully an adventure. I’m going on my own but know lots of people who are also going tho no good buddies.

Just a quick catch up on posts

welcome back @lilymartin!
    Thanks @stitchincarol @funshipfreddie for keeping the forum going over the weekend 🙂
    @jaifaim @daffodil2010 sounds as if you both had good weekends marking different anniversaries. Milestones are so important

Pocket list, day 21:
    @penz
    @merryapple
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia (early Happy Birthday!)
    @excelsior12309
    @michelinme

Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD – 161.2

Sorry for my late sign-in; lots of unexpected things all converged this morning, and here it is just after noon before I can sit down to read and respond to posts.

After I worked hard in the garden (spreading mulch) for four hours on Saturday morning, I was rewarded with a one pound drop on Sunday morning, but that’s gone this morning, and I’m up another pound beyond that. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s clearly water/bulk gains and losses, so I’ll just continue to make good choices.

===========================

@northgeorgia That’s funny that you also grew up using “coke” as a synonym for soda/pop. And the Ridiculously Big Salad cannot be too large as she explains it; too much protein/dressing/carbs is possible, but the rest of the salad is as much as you want. That’s lovely that you’re finding it useful, and that’s an impressive Sunday weigh-in and lovelier-yet Monday weigh-in.

@merryapple In the winter, I often think it’ll be easier to drop weight in the summer…but it never is. It’s simply an issue of internalizing and living by what @funshipfreddie says: “It’s just food.” 😂🤣

@funshipfreddie Poor BooBoo–but I’m sure you’ll have a lovely time, and she’ll eventually get over it.

@jaifaim It’s always lovely to get away and have family time, but I’ll bet you’re just as happy to be home again, now, right? –oh. Rest of the story, right? Bummer on having to drive back; how long a drive is it?

@penz It’s lovely that your mojo seems to have taken up permanent residence with you!

@lilymartin SO LOVELY to have you back! Sometimes life simply throws too many curve balls and fast balls to stay on track, but you’re here now, and that’s what matters.

@daffodil2010 How lovely that you got to see your rugby team players up close! And to have a win on the same day is the perfect way to celebrate your twenty years; congratulations!

@excelsior12309 Nice job on the food prep for lunches, and the steady even if slow weight loss, but bummer on losing your best nurse.

@michelinme Well done on eating with discipline over the weekend, and on feeling thinner as a result of your efforts. Feels great to lose the poofy belly, doesn’t it? (Says the woman whose poofy belly from July is gone and not mourned!)

We’re going through a huge heat wave here; when I got up to potty on Saturday night at 3am, it was 84F/29C. Yikes! The forecast for the next three days is 100F/37C with lows only in the 70s/23-26, and the humidity has been pushing 90%. Steamed up glasses, anyone, when you go from air conditioning to outside??? 😵‍💫🤪😂

Pocket list, day 21:
    @penz
    @merryapple
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia (early Happy Birthday!)
    @excelsior12309
    @michelinme

Day 22 NFD NZ 84.9!

Thanks to the procrastination related quotes from our chief quoters @funshipfreddie and @stitchincarol I did what I have been putting off… Mr Mac had a haircut y’day against his better judgment but it did mean extra treats to get through the indignity of a full body cut. I’m getting organised to drive down to Wgtn tomorrow (8hrs) for a party. The weather forecast for the North Island says sunny so we’re off. The Mini is great to drive (manual) but has little wheels and the main drag goes through snow/ice country around Lake Taupo and past several snowy volcanos so timing is everything. I need to be driving past around midday to avoid problems.
    @michelinme I love your hearing your menu. In my mind I picture everything like a 17C Dutch still life painting! Enjoy your camping trip!
    @stitchincarol That heat and humidity sounds paralysingly awful. Keep up the hydration! Lucky plants having mulch to keep them cool.
    @maui I hope you’re going OK. These natural disasters take a long time to get through. I see the fires in Canada and worry for the bears and Moose etc that the media never mentions…
    @funshipfreddie Macintosh sends his commiserations to Boo Boo and says you had better have the treats lined up when you get back. Have a great holiday!
    @penz Will or won’t power🤣🤣 Ask your dogs which they prefer and do the opposite!!
    @lilymartin You’ll be in the 70s before you know it now you’re back!
    @excelsior12309 Keep up the tofu lunches and you’ll get there! Better down than up 🙃
    @daffodil2010 (From a lost post) So lovely to have wedding daffodils because they are such happy flowers. Were you married on 2010?! Glad you were able to mingle with your Irish rugby team! It’s quite an experience. I walked through the All Blacks some years ago. All together their height and muscle mass and testosterone lent them a feeling of teal power, much like Greek statues come to life. Although the Greeks were much shorter in real life – under 5’ I gather!
    @jaifaim You’ve got this! I’m sure in a couple of days you’ll be back to your base line.
    @northgeorgia Go you! Happy Birthday for this week! Is there such a thing as birthday cake with no frosting, like a fruit cake or one dusted with icing sugar 🤣🥳
    Must get going. Go well everyone!
    Remember Steely Resolve! 9 days to go and I need to drop 300g+ to get my monthly kg off…

Day 21 – USA

Just finished a birthday week, got a stomach virus, got down to 140 and change, popped back up to 142…hoping to inch back down to 140 by the end of the month, then it’s crunch time till the end of the year, hoping to maintain at 136-137, my ideal weight.

Day 22 NFD country west Australia 81.6 kgs
    FD went very well yesterday.
    The hunger pangs were quite insistent at times but I consoled myself with the thought that there must have been a LOT of fat cells shrinking. And voila!!
    This morning down 1.3 kgs. Mostly water weight I know, I know! though I am back to drinking several glasses of water daily, but heading in the right direction.
    Have just been for an hour brisk walk and mojo absolutely popping.
    So glad to be back on this forum.😀😀
    @metatauta I’m sure you’ll reach your target by end of August and then the year.
    @michelinme, sounds as though our weight and goals are similar so I am hitching my wagon to yours if that is OK ? 🤗 And all those meals sound wonderful !
    I am always better when I plan meals ahead than when I just work from meal to meal.
    I have an event end of September and a dress that I absolutely MUST fit in to – requiring several kilos of fat GONE….. Determined NOT to buy anything new. 😲🤞🤞🤞
    @funshipfreddie et al, thanks for the encouragement. 💐I remember you FsF saying that it is about delayed gratification.
    I had to remember that ,too, yesterday when I would have had some chocolate and thought ‘ I can wait until tomorrow’. And now today I don’t even think I need it! Reset. Reset. Reset .
    @northgeorgia, have a good birthday week and well done on the lower numbers.👏
    @stitchincarol, sounds as though you have been very busy! Are you affected by the bushfires? Thinking of all folk in the US and Canada.
    The news pictures look awful and all those people having to evacuate. Stay safe.
    @maui, I can’t believe the devastation of the bushfires in Hawaii. I do hope you and yours are OK.
    @merryapple, I hope Macintosh appreciates his new ‘ style’. Good luck with the 8 hour drive, sounds very picturesque if somewhat difficult!🙂
    Hey ho hey ho, it’s now off to work I go…. Onward and downward.

Day 22 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I had a nice drive up to Gonubie yesterday, although driving long distance isn’t my favourite activity, & I start getting back-ache after about an hour. Not sure why; my back doesn’t bother me at all otherwise. Including stopping for lunch it was about 4.5 hours.

@merryapple – 8 hours?! 😱 I hope you like driving & it goes smoothly. But having great scenery & weather + good music to listen to makes long-distance driving much more tolerable. I sung my head off in the car yesterday 😅

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12429661/It-costs-no-effects-new-study-suggests-low-dose-cuts-risk-early-death-expert-weighs-evidence-wonder-drug-GP-prescribing.html

@northgeorgia – not sure which day is your birthday but – Happy Birthday! 🥳️ 🥂 ✨

Gotta dash, my friend’s three dogs have decided they’re taking us for a walk..🐶

“A goal without a plan is just a wish”.

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Was going to say FD but as today is actually our 20th anniversary (day we met, not actual wedding which took place 7 years later 😍), although nothing planned as we already had the swish lunch etc, there IS a bottle of champagne lurking in the fridge so who knows? 😄

@merryapple, it was so cool to see the rugby team up close, and yes, most are like big huge machines of muscle, but they were all, to a man, super nice. We allowed (ha ha) a little kid about 8 years old to come share our prime spot, and everyone one of the team gave this boy a slap on the palm (can’t think of the word for it, but hopefully you know what I mean) as they came out the door, the little boy was so thrilled to have touched hands with the entire rugby team

Hope all those driving have a good trip. If I drove 8 hours in Ireland I believe I could go north to south and then some on our wee island 😆

Day 22 – Ireland – CD 🚫 🚶‍♂️ ✅

Hello! Had a great FD yesterday and will have another tomorrow.
    Was very focussed and it made such a difference.
    @stitchincarol unfortunately it was a 4 hour round trip (nothing to our US /NZ/OZ/SA road trippers) but I stayed the night to break it up as of course it was 6 hours in all as I’d driven home on Sunday 🤨 It won’t happen again 🤪 Still aren’t I lucky that I can whizz around and visit mum whenever I need to 💕
    You had a busy weekend! Well done on the drop ⬇️

Happy prep @michelinme 🏕️ I love solo travel but it’s always nice to meet people that you know while away. Apple and peanut butter is one of my go to treats when I am at home and it generally satisfies me so that I don’t look for anything else 👍

Happy travels @merryapple 🚗 such an interesting drive! We drove both islands a long time ago… have always wanted to go back and ski in NZ – one day!! 🙏

Happy belated birthday @metatauta 🎈 such a shame you’ve been unwell… hope you feel better now and you’ll get there – only 2 lbs to get to 140 💪

Good luck with getting into the dress @lilymartin. You can do it- 6 weeks of decent effort can mean significant changes ⭐️ you will feel amazing when you slip that dress on 👗

It may be the position of your car seat @funshipfreddie? With our bikes 🚴 we have to be really careful about saddle position etc and it made me realise why I sometimes ached on long drives. Even the teeniest tweak can make a big difference.

Happy anniversary of meeting your DH @daffodil2010 🥂

Lots of people on the move this week… enjoy everyone!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 22 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. I want a refund! LOL I did a nice FD500 yesterday with a RBSalad and all I got was 1/3 a pound off. Bad body bloat! Bad body bloat! Do better! Hahaha Too much anticipation of today’s potluck at work and birthday meals, I guess. Thanks for the wishes; the big day is Thursday. I am taking off work — a tradition a friend of mine introduced me to years ago, and it is a rather nice one 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 267 total)

You must be logged in to reply.