Aubergine curry

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  franfit 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hello, I have just cooked the Super Simple Aubergine Curry from the recipe book. It was delicious, but the sauce curdled so not so good to look at! Anyone know how to cook it without this happening? Thanks.

If u fancy something else with aubergines try splitting an aubergine lengthwise and microwaving on high for 5 mins. When it’s cool enough to handle cut round the edges and scrape out the middles. Mix these with a decent sausage – check the calories – not mot than 120. Mix sausage meat with inside of cooked aubergines and flavour with what you fancy – garlic , chilli, herbs etc. stuff both aubergine halves with mixture and bake on high for 15 mins.Serve with a green veg. Filling delicious and under 280 calories
    I should add that you only get to eat half one day but never mind! Save the other half for your next fast day when you only have to microwave it
    Enjoy!

Mmmm, I love aubergine! That sounds delicious! Helsbels, perhaps a small amount of cornflour mixed with water and then added to the sauce would help to bind it together?

Thanks – and yes like the idea of Aubergine/sausage. Sounds delicious quick and easy too.

Hi helsbels, this is a recipe I want to try. To avoid curdling, what I will try is this: let the yogurt and the vegetable stock come to room temperature while the aubergine is in the oven and then heat the curry for only a minute or two once all the ingredients are mixed together. I hope this works, the recipe sounds good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.