April 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 740 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 5 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 741 total)

• Day 5 NSW Australia NFD

Hi everyone
    I’ve finally decided to get back on track. It’s now been 9 months since actively following 5:2, my younger brother’s passing has had a big impact! Thankfully, I’ve only put on 4 kg – could have been a lot worse. I’ve been lurking in the background all this time 😉
    I’m a young 66, married to a wonderful man, still working one day per week, involved in a couple of community groups ie Probus and Garden Club, a Carer to my lovely 86 yr old Father – he lives with us, and intend to rebegin my healthier lifestyle! I started this WOL in October 2017, and it’s life changing!

I may not post each day – will do when time permits. I enjoy reading, and get lots of motivation and tips, from all your posts.

I wish for you all an enjoyable life, as is possible. Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now xx

Day 5, Bristol, UK, NFD

I’ve completed my two FDs this week but I haven’t lost anything ( I usually lose an average of 2 pounds per week) but I know it’s because of my TOM so will just expect big losses next week. It’s weird though, that even though I know that intellectually, emotionally it’s still hard!

@gretta so sorry to hear about your grandma. Treatment is pretty amazing these days, so fingers crossed.

@shelliz – it’s wonderful that this WOL has made you feel so much more positive and that you’re enjoying life so much, that’s the best effect of fasting there can be.

@arelkade Welcome back. It must have been so hard when you lost your brother. I’m so glad you’ve found your way back.

@ciren2 – it did clear up here for a short while, but then it poured again! Not looking great here again today either. Where did the sun go?! Last week I fell asleep on the grass in the sun at a wildlife park!

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Happy Friday. Well, last night sure turned into a session, as well as our team in the pub, the management team arrived in for dinner, so there were rounds of drinks sent over to our table, craic and banter, sharing of pepperoni pizza ……..I stayed dry throughout and slipped off at around 9.30. (Just as the music in the bar was starting so the fun would probably have moved up a notch).

Feel wonderfully smug now. I had a great night out, I did have some pizza, but only put on a pound (which has to be all that sparkling water plus one non-alcoholic cider), and I feel refreshed. Ready to face the work day….wonder how my colleagues will be??? 😄

@flourbaby I do love a good session but having the car parked outside plus the difficulty and expense of getting a taxi from town out to my rural village sure put a stop to my gallop!! It was a great night though.

@arelkade Hi, welcome back old friend. It’s such a pleasure to see you posting before me again and reading your sign off “Enjoy whatever you are getting up to, and bye for now” ☺️☺️ You know that we welcome you with open arms.

It was such a rainy day and night yesterday, icy rain, brrrrr. This morning has dawned bright and sunny but really cold, minus 2 😨 This April doesn’t feel like Spring. I had potted on my tomatoes and put them out in the small glasshouse I have, they look ok, hope this cold doesn’t do any damage to my babies.

Have a great Friday. No FD for me today. Prepared a lovely chicken dish for tonight and really looking forward to some red wine 🍷 Loving Dry till Fri 🍷

Day 4 – Ireland – ?
    Welcome back @arelkade!
    I am not sure what today will be… but will be mindful and post later

We rise by lifting others 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 5: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD (again…ha..ha!)

Well, I finally got round to weighing myself this morning, Having been on holiday from work all week so far, I was afraid to! Pleasantly surprised; weight stable at the low end of my current range. Well…well!
    Our little rescue dog is in the habit of getting us up at 4am wanting to go in the garden! I can see this was probably the reason her original family got rid of her and her sister, nearly two years ago, saying they didn’t have time for them. We’ll never do that…a dog is for life. By Christmas we will have had her as long as her first family.
    @shinything and others successfully fasting yesterday…well done to you all!
    @arelkade: Good to see you. Great that you managed to climb back onto the wagon….if only I could, eh?

Anyone needing to access the spreadsheet?
    The link is on page 1, second entry, by @snowflake56….my technical expert! If you want to add your stats, please do.

Have a good day, every one of you.

Day 5 – USA – FD

Just adding myself to the list of fasters today. Will catch up on all the happenings later.

Make it a day of stepping forward, one fast at a time. It’s ok not to have it all figured out. 🙂

Day 5 pocket list
    @shelliz
    @fiftyandfabulous

Day 5 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Successful FD yesterday. Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 5 – Perth AUS – NFD

Yesterday was an MFD, today a NFD due to an old vice… but tomorrow I correct it with a FD 🙂 A better start than last month, so that’s progress!

Hope you’re having a great day wherever you are

Day 5 UK NFD

Yesterday morphed into a OMAD NFD bc felt ill, but v good decision. I’ve been much better all round at listening to my body since beginning this WOL, practicing good self care, realising when tired etc. The gift that keeps on giving 🙂 Weekly weigh in had me at 65kg still, and I don’t seem to have reinflated my fat suit. I’m not going to worry about this week’s FDs, be mindful this weekend and plan for two good FDs next week.

Feeling substantially better today for the food, bath & early night – there’s nothing like 10 hrs’ sleep to boost the system. Still super sneezy, headachy & tired so will do it again today. Delighted to be up and out without too much effort this morning, successful commute into town and good meeting. Time to pick up last bits, prep for the weekend and plan ahead for next week – then switch off into gentler things 🙂

Thank you @ciren2 for the reminder re drinking plenty of water on FD. I’d also forgotten about the importance of salt! I’ve fallen out of my min 2litres/day pattern bc the friends i stayed with didn’t have fizzy water. Need to consciously remind myself to drink more until it’s back into a habit. Started today, almost 1ltre before i left the house, took 2 x 500ml with me and rememebered to drink most of it while out. Planning and patterns works for me when building healthier habits.

@arelkade welcome back, we’ve missed you
    @daffodil2010 well done on your dry night out 🙂

Here’s to gentle minds and wise decisions…

@elektron: Good to see you’re doing better; glad to see you on the challenge.
    @snowflake56: Hope you’re ok.
    @missybear: Good one!

USA Day 5 B2B WFD

I am well into my B2B water fast and plan to eat again on Sunday. I weighed myself this morning and did lose a little weight. I am really full steam ahead this month because I am tired of being on this roller coaster!!

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@shelliz
    @fiftyandfabulous
    @ccco B2B

Good luck all you fasters!

Day 5, VA, USA, NFD (-16lbs)

Yay – I realized I have 25% of my goal accomplished so far! Ok I can do this, repeat I can do this!

I did have an interesting phenomenon or side effect, I noticed sometimes I feel guilty about eating on my NFDs. Like I’m excited to eat at first and then I feel the guilt as I start eating. Does anyone else have that happen?

Gonna tackle that Hula Hoop again today. I’m doing a song a day of hooping! The songs are a bit long-ish so 8-10 minute songs. None the less its better than sitting on my duff and It gets me to try new tricks. Which I’m really shy about doing with my hoop, even tho I’m not terrible at hooping, I’m just not super coordinated.

@ccco: I read that you plan to eat on Sunday, does that mean you are doing a 3 day or 72+hour fast? Do you usually do a 72+ hour fast?

Day 2 – 5 – UK – NFD

No FDs since Day 1 but generally mindful eating so remaining just below the maximum of my maintenance weight range 💃

Apologies for not posting this week – keeping busy and active with plenty of exercise! and some good hikes in the surrounding fells of my cumbrian home.

I was so happy to hear that I will have a brief visit from one of my nieces from Australia in May and then her mother, my darling sister will be visiting for a week in October on what will be her first European trip – she and her DH are doing an 8 week tour of Europe and 2 weeks in the UK in total.

@m33 – I’m sure others have said but no one fails on this forum – a bad day does not constitute failure as you can just restart tomorrow or next week 🤗 and remember to drink plenty of water – if I think I’m hungry I drink a 300ml glass of water and find that this works well for me
    @rabbette – totally agree with you – my biggest lesson was realising that what I considered to be a normal portion size was way too much – we all relapse every now and then but I have managed to remain in maintenance since Dec 2016 so it just goes to show it is certainly doable and I don’t feel deprived as I still enjoy my glass of wine and slice of cake/cheese scone just not everyday and certainly not in the quantities I used to eat before I found this WOL
    @thestro @jlevin @yvette-hamilton @alisa253 @stephsie @piglizzy @missyp – Welcome to you all, you have taken that first most important step – stick with us and you can achieve your goals
    @brightonbelle @biddiev – how lovely to have you both back with us x
    @shelliz – thank you 🤗 I found that once I decided to do something about my weight FOR MYSELF it was the trigger I needed and whenever I stray I remind myself “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”
    @daffodil2010 – 🤗 just read your post about the loss of your mother at a young age and just remember that although “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal – Love leaves a memory no one can steal” My darling mum passed away in September 2014 at the great age of 97 so I had her with me for a long time and a good friend wrote that message in a card and it gave me great solace at the time and I always think of my mum with great feelings of lovexx
    @excelsior12309 – you popped in briefly in the Nov 17 challenge – lovely to have you back with us
    @mogaman – lovely to have you back, stick with us and we will help you press your RESET button and dispatch those pesky 7lbs and the link to the spreadsheet is on Page 1 of this challenge
    @beedoo – we had missed you – you are doing the right thing by reigning things in early before they get out of control – checking into this forum is a great form of accountability – just a word of advice on that left over chocolate – find a good home for them that is not you 😉
    @cakeywakey – hello ☺️
    @m33 – is it really Jul 17 since you were with us??? anyway lovely to see you here again but so sorry to hear that you have had poor health and a lot of stress over the past 18 months but we are here for you and you can do this 🤗
    @gretta – so sorry to hear about your grandma – she sure sounds like an amazing 76y.o. – I’m sure her keeping fit will stand her in good stead for the fight ahead – sending you a big virtual hug xx
    @therealwil78 – nice to have you back after your family spring break – hope you had a fab one
    @arelkade – Welcome back – so nice to hear that you have decided to get back on track – losing a loved one is always so hard emotionally on us, and we all know what that does to our eating pattern but it sounds like you have not done too badly with the weight and as you say “I’ve only put on 4 kg – could have been a lot worse”

To all those on this April HHE (Hula Hoop Extravaganza) – good luck and I look forward to reading your exploits but I think that I will stick to my current mixture of exercise sessions as it seems to suit me!

Well it’s our first weekend for April – let us all enjoy it whatever we are doing and stay mindful in our eating habits and remember “Only I Can Change My Life, No One Can Do It For Me”

USA Day 5 WFD
    Second Post

Yes, Rabette. I am doing a 72 hour fast. This is my first time and I am surprised how easy it has been for me so far. I don’t plan to do this too often, though. 24 hours twice a week and one 48 hour water fast next weekend is my attempt to get off the roller coaster. I think that drinking lemon and seltzer water has been keeping me feeling full.

Day 5 – Eastern WA USA – FD

So far a true water fast day for me. I drank my coffee black though I do prefer some cream. Enjoying some water with a touch of lemon essential oil in it and now working on some ginger/turmeric tea from Trader Joe’s. Good for you @ccco for going for a 72 hour water fast! Don’t forget some salt from time to time to keep your electrolytes up. That reminds me, that I need to go pop a little pink salt under my tongue.

@Rabette – sounds like you’re making great progress!

@snowflake56 – thinking of you! Hope you’re doing well!

@daffodil2010 – sounds like you had a lovely evening, and because of your choices, you were refreshed for today. As you mentioned, I wonder how your colleagues faired.

@missybear – yay! you had a good FD. It’s interesting how some are easier than others.

Need to try the hula hoop again today. Going for alternate days as @metatauta suggested.

Day 5 Pocket list:

@shelliz
    @fiftyandfabulous
    @ccco B2B
    @annemarilyn

Day 5- Ohio fd

I’m counting a half rotation on the hula hoop! As in it stayed a little longer than before. Best family bonding time ever. Good lesson for older daughter who refuses to do something she can fail in because she said she had never seen me fail before so she couldn’t let herself fail. Gotta love when you can state so many fails and they don’t see them that way.

I know I’m coming down with something now. Spent most of last night at work in bathroom, slept hard today, and now coughing. Explains light headedness. And I added weight since last weigh. 2lbs. Well, I always used to add weight anyway right before I would get sick, but I don’t see myself hitting goal. It would need to keep going down. Unless the other side of sick back then does it too. Then, no worries on weight. As of now, the plan is black or ginger tea and toast with some applesauce and rice.

Day 6, Japan, NFD

No weight loss after FD… I need to be patient and keep going.
    DH asks to eat out so I can see some food over the weekend… And there’s a party on Monday which is usually my FD so maybe do FD tomorrow? I have never tried to fast on Sundays, staying at home surrounded by food… sounds impossible already but I think I will give it a try if I feel like doing that tomorrow morning.
    Wish everyone a nice weekend!

Day 6, Japan, NFD

Water fast went well but I had more hunger than normal. Still it was less than what I normally felt when I was trying to use calorie restriction. After 4 years of that it became bad.

I’m struggling to build up enough shoulder strength to even get into a pike stand let alone hold it. Flexibility is also a problem, although I’m starting to see some modest improvements. My 15 year old can put herself into a full bridge and then stand up form that position without her hands touching anything. I can’t even really do a bridge right now! (back bend)

I’ve been doing some pike pushups which are brutal and I seemed to have pulled a muscle in my right shoulder. (Not surprising) So during the week I only managed to do 100 pushups. Today I was able to do 350 pushups, so it wasn’t a problem with strength. However I only did around 40 in the pike position because my shoulder was warning me. It is a balance as a minor injury can easily because a more major one even on the other side of the body. It is basically impossible for me not to favor an injury and put more stress elsewhere.

@shelliz, at least eating out in Japan can be pretty healthy if you don’t mind the carbs. 😀 It is also a lot cheaper than many places in the world. When I’m in the USA on business I’m always shocked by how much eating out in the US costs. Even fast food places that only serve junk are expensive compared to what I can typically find in Japan. Then in the US, tips are also often expected! I love Japanese are typically insulted if you try to tip them. That is the one thing I hold against the British, the custom of tipping! 😉

Day 6, Emden Germany, NFD

Sorry for not posting lately, too much going on in my mind. We’re trying to adjust the medication, not very successful until now. Will be back soon, I hope. Take care everyone! Hugs xxx

@ciren2 don’t worry about the spreadsheet, it’s updated.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

My colleagues were fairly ropey yesterday but we all got through the day. Busy day today with our camper van conversion. DH is building walls and frames for the bed and cupboard and I am sewing curtains ☺️

Hee hee @dykask, I smiled re: the tipping in the US. The only thing that I can’t get my head around is leaving a dollar for each drink you buy at a bar. In Ireland we dont tip the barman, so trying to explain that to my Dad whenever we were in the US was hard. He kept wanting to take the tip money off the table 😱 Different customs 😆

Thanks @at for your kind words re my Mam ☺️

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Day 6 UK NFD

Obviously not in the groove yet , completely forgot to post ! Doing OK but working out how to do better on NFD in order not to wipe out good work achieved on FDs

Day 6, London, UK, NFD

I missed posting yesterday, busy, busy, busy. I had a fantastic Pilates class with a substitute teacher who introduced some new stretches and poses I haven’t done before, my shoulders are feeling it this morning!!

Welcome back to those who’ve been here before, @arelkade & @beedoo to name a couple, sticking with this forum seems to be the only thing that keeps me on track, just until I learn to be accountable to myself anyway!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Hello, all. Today marks 7th day on 5/2, due to starting on 30 March…down 3.2 pounds, so that is very motivating. Trying to keep to a 16-8 eating pattern, which I don’t find difficult most days. I am 68, work 4 1/2 days per week as a pediatrician, so busy mornings help keep me distracted–provided staff do not bring donuts etc in…they can lead to all kinds of trouble! Good luck to everyone!

USA Day 6 WFD (Again!)

Another water fast day in the making, since I weighed myself this morning and found myself having lost no further weight!! Very disappointing!

I am starting a pocket list, if anyone cares to join!

Day 6 Pocket List

@ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 6-USA-FD800

Weigh-in day today and I was excited to break into the 130’s! 4 more pounds to go and I will be at goal. The (US) size 8’s in my closet that I was initially trying to get back into have already gotten baggy. However, I don’t want to buy clothes right now because my body is still in transition. Feeling grateful when realizing that this is the lowest weight of my adult life!😀

I normally do WF on Sunday, but our Laotian church members are hosting a potluck, so there is no way I missing out on that feast! So I am going to eat everything with Thanksgiving and without limits and hope for the best. 👍👍👍

Decided to rearrange my week’s fasting routine to one WF and two 800 FD B2B, yesterday and today. I love how flexible the 5:2 protocol is!

Starting a pocket list because I don’t see one yet.

Hope everyone is enjoying your weekend and celebrating all of your successes so far!

Day 6 Pocket List
    @fiftyandfabulous

Updating the list of fasters for Saturday, April 6th. Join us if you dare. 😉

Day 6 Pocket List

@ccco
    @fiftyandfabulous

Day 6: Gloucestershire UK: NFD.

Weather much improved today….hope it stays like this next week when I’m back at work. For those that don’t know I’m a postlady at Royal Mail, so out in ALL weathers!
    Well today, as is usual when I’m at home with the kitchen within easy reach, I’ve been eating TOOO much. As with every day, I tell myself, I will NOT eat again today! Ha!?

@rabbette: Congratulations, you are doing very well. Keep up the good work!
    @at: How lovely that you get to see your sister (and one of your nieces) from Australia later this year. Has it been a long time since you saw her?
    I spoke on Skype to my daughter (working near Melbourne since the beginning of the year)….the first time for about 6 weeks. It’s so difficult to arrange appointments with her being so busy and the time differences! We mainly keep in touch via Whatsapp.
    I envy you living where you do and being able to walk on the fells from your doorstep (or more or less).
    @ccco: That waterfast sounds very impressive.
    @annemarilyn: You too, great that you can do true fat-burning, genuine water fasts,
    and, of course @dykask, our WF champion!
    @hieiren: Get well soon…lots of illness about.
    @snowflake56: I hope you are feeling better VERY soon.
    I’m not worrying about the spreadsheet, there are loads of people on here who can help out if necessary, I’m sure. No-one’s asked me anything technical about it yet anyway, so I’m ok!
    @fiftyandfabulous: Well done for breaking into the 130s and being within 4 pounds of your goal. Brilliant work! So exciting.

Day 6: Gloucestershire UK: NFD

I just lost a long post because I tried to edit it, once too much! This site can be SO annoying at times.
    The weather here is much improved today, hopefully it will stay nice next week too when I’m back at work. For those who don’t know, I’m a postlady at Royal Mail, out in ALL weathers.
    As usual when I’m at home, I’ve eaten TOO much as the kitchen is near at hand. As usual, I try not to eat for the rest of the day….ha….ha!
    @rabbette: Congratulations on doing so well this month….keep on going.
    @at: great news for you seeing your sister (and a niece) from Australia later in the year. How long since you last met?
    Lucky you being able to walk the fells so close to your house!
    @ccco: Impressive water fast!
    @annemarilyn: You too, being able to do genuine, fat-burning true water fasts, and
    @dykask: our water-fast champion!
    @hieiren: Get well soon….there seems to be a lot of stuff going about.
    @snowflake56: I hope you also feel better soon.
    It’s ok, I’m not worrying about the spreadsheet. No-one’s asked me anything technical about it so far, and, besides, there are plenty of others who would help out if necessary, I’m sure.
    @fiftyandfabulous: Well done on getting into the 130s and SO close to your goal. Exciting times.

Day 6 UK EFS

No idea where this came from, but have truly overstuffed myself! Yesterday I ate to TDEE and felt v full and wondred how on earth I used to eat more…..
    Today I ate FIVE small vegan choc ices, a packet of wasabi peas, a bowl of gf grain cereal with plant milk, a hot green salad with hummus and a portion of pear & ginger crumble with plant milk custard. Now Feeling v fat & successfully inflated my abdomen back up 6 month gestation size 🙁

Somehow the 6am start and 2pm home meant I was up for temptation – not helped by my cold. Harder to resist temptation when tired. I found the vegan choc ices on my way home and didn’t resist – any of them!! Also need to remember to take good food out with me… even an apple will do.

I’m pleased with the pear & ginger crumble tho – adapted a new recipe bc pears were on special this week. Made with lots of fruit & spices, only 1 cup oats, 2tbsp pumpkin seeds, 1 tbsp oil and 2 tsp sugar! It’s delicious 🙂 Going to freeze the rest for when my friend comes to supper next week. I’ve also batch-cooked 3.5kg vegan chilli for visitors & FDs over the next month or so 🙂

Off to wash up the mountain then heading for another early night.. feeling v tired today bc kept waking up last night – virus plus forgot to take my evening B3. I’d stopped appreciating how much it improves my quality of sleep. Back to looking after Future Me… including the one that will be glad of a CD tomorrow!

Here’s to looking after Future You too… what’s the wisest decision you can make today? x

Day 6 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Happy that the scale moved downward, registering that a few more of the mini vacation lbs have come off. At 199.6 lbs this morning. So happy to be back below the 200 that I thought I was past seeing. Goal for April, making sure 200 stays in the rear view mirror.

@fiftyandfabulous – you are doing so well! Congratulations!

@ciren2 – confession, only kept to the WFD yesterday in the mid afternoon. I then had a small amount of home-made chicken bone broth followed by a “fauxbucks” I enjoy in the early evening (I used Pero, water, almond milk, cacao, and a little healthy sweetner.) So became a liquid FD rather than straight WFD – maybe about 100 calories or so. But scale still moved, so I’m happy!

@excelsior12309 – sounds like you’re doing well as well! Wonderful!

Enjoy the weekend forum friends! We can do this!

Day 6 NFD

I made “healthy” cowboy cookies. I love cookies and I’ve wanted them all week so I made them today! This recipe has a lot less sugar than other recipes for cookies.
    I also finally did my meal planning on a NFD. Whew that was easier than planning it tomorrow on my FD oh my gosh talk about major self control or I’m unaware *till now* that I’m into torturing myself (by looking up recipes for the whole blasted week while fasting)

On an upside after I made the cookies (I ate 2 of course) then I did my 10 minutes of Hooping I figured I’d have another cookie after, but instead I walked in the Kitchen and went for a glass of High Quality H2O! And didn’t even feel like I wanted a cookie yay! I even went back for seconds on the H2O!

@shelliz one of my fasting days is usually Sunday and I find that it’s not too bad (except for the meal planning that I was doing) as long as your loved ones/friends understand. I have always had broth or a very light soup on Sundays in the evening. Especially if I am home at supper time.

@dykask Oh My Gosh! I had to look up Pike pushups. My shoulders hurt just watching that being done. I teach and do yoga about 15 times a week and while we have down dog I can not imagine lowering down with it. I think I would shred my shoulders!!! Be mindful with YOUR shoulder too. I’m rather weak in the shoulders, but I remember ignoring an injury in my shoulder and then within about 2 more days of my ignoring (what I thought was light amount of pain) I couldn’t MOVE my shoulder. Good for you on the 350 pushups geez. I think I got tired after reading that. Haha – Plank pose would be good for your core and back, but if your back is not feeling up to par, then plank will prob also not be good right now.

@brightonbelle: I can also have that issue. I made adjustments, such as keeping track for 2 weeks of ALL my calories (I’m not a fan of calorie counting) However, it was helpful to SEEEEE where I was gaining more of my calories (((Hello Stouts!))) and then it was easier to make adjustments and/or reason with myself like – hey remember brain that a Rasberry Stout of 12.7 oz has Calories: 276 – I now take a bit more time to ENJOY the stout or not have a second one.

2nd post
    Day 6, VA, USA, NFD

@ccco – ahhhh bugger! Take a deep breath. You got this! Sometimes I wait a bit later when I hit the loo again and just double check I pay no mind or bother if the number still goes up. I have also noticed (after a stall or plateau) that sometimes more weight moves after the next time I fast. OR it could be a glitch in the matrix give’em time to fix the code 😉

Day 6, UK, NFD

Its been a good day food wise today, but last night my friend came around and we had a couple of 🍷 , ooops 😳 . But never mind, we carry on 💪

Sorry I’m not posting much, or should I say making short posts and not replying much, just having a busy, intense spell 🙂 . Hopefully not for too long ….

@matpi my shoulder feels better after I exercise, but its very painful to actually do it, so I sometimes just can’t 😬

@arelkade so good to see you back xx

@ciren2 thank you for your encouragement 😊

I hope everyone is having a good weekend 🌼

Day 6. California. NFD
    Day 5 NFD

So far so good. Lost a little weight again this week and I’m starting a three day B2B2B tomorrow before my parents arrive so I’m hopeful that will allow me to lose a little more. Plus, with no kitchen the snacking opportunities are minimized.

Day 7, Japan, NFD

Yesterday we had some shabu-shabu of lamb and veggies in buffet style and it was lovely. And not a lot of calories because shabu-shabu means everything is quickly boiled in some clear broth, and lamb is said to have lower calories and fat than pork or beef.
    Thought about FD today but decided to go onto NFD. I’ll try to make it a CD… we’ll see.

@dykask @daffodil2010 I used to live(study) in the states and UK for a couple of years, and I totally agree that tipping is so confusing..! Btw I’m Chinese living in Japan but we don’t tip in China as well as Japan. I’m going on a holiday to Italy later this month and I am worrying about tipping already! DH has never been out of Asia and I’m sure he’ll be more confused than me hehe. Culture difference!
    And I remember in USA we had to calculate the tax other than the price listed and that was confusing too…

@annemarilyn wow that’s really some thing to be able to fast on Sundays! My DH knows I’m doing this WoL but we always eat out or do some baking on Sundays which is very hard to resist 😛 Yeah the problem is mainly me I guess…ouch!

Day 6 London UK NFD

Today was supposed to be a Fast Day 800, but I’ve still had that weird ‘getting a cold’ feeling – had it since yesterday. So yesterday turned from a FD800 into a Controlled Day, because I had a more substantial supper, and today has been an NFD where I basically had double portions of fasting food – so probably came in a bit under my TDEE.

I’m not sure whether this is my body telling me it’s time to move on to 5:2 from the ‘quick start’ period of the Fast 800 or not. At the moment I’m going to see how I feel on Monday – tomorrow is an NFD anyway – if I am getting a cold it should be obvious by Monday, and if I recall correctly, fasting while ill isn’t a good plan.

In the meantime, I’m trying a recipe from the Clever Guts cookbook for Sunday Lunch – beef and mushroom casserole, with orange juice instead of lemon. 🙂

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Day 6 Ohio, US — FD(#71)
    Day 5 — NFD (70bites)

Just a quick check-in. Both days have gone well, but have been so hectic that I’m extremely fatigued right now. With any luck, things will settle down a little bit now.

Hope everyone is enjoying the first new moon of Spring!

Day 7: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Good morning all. The sun is shining and the sky is blue here.
    I notice a few of you had some trip-ups late yesterday (I know ALL about that sort of thing, trust me!) but the great thing about this way of eating is that we can re-set the next day, so no worries….
    Every success to you all today.
    Now for my bowl of porridge…back later.

Day 7 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Morning all. . Me, well as its Sunday, it’s cooked breakfast time…..sausages, pudding, eggs….yummmmmmm.. Definitely not 5:2 but it’s the only breakfast with DH of the week so going to enjoy it.

He is off to work later so I have a Sunday afternoon to myself. Chilli and kale seedlings to be pricked out, sweet peas to be sown, and Sunday newspaper to be read. Looking forward to a relaxing day.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

@ccco I am thinking of you and your mammoth WF and I hope you enjoy breaking your fast today.
    @rabette just wondering what a raspberry stout is? Stout to me is alcoholic like a Guinness, so is it a raspberry flavour….oh my, that would be nice. I like my Guinness ☺️

Day 7 Wales NFD
    Day 6 NFD :- really awful, stressful and upsetting day in work, we all ended up grazing on rubbish all day.
    Day 5 FD
    Trying to get my head sorted back out today, been a really tough few days.

Day 7Belfast NFD

Back from 3 nights in Tallinn, a lovely medieval city. Clear blue skies and 16 degrees, I was considerably overdressed! Good food and three nights of drinking (unusual for me) have pushed the scales up a bit, so important FD tomorrow.

Yes, @ jaifaim last month’s progress was very pleasing. Have stepped off the sugar and gin wagon for a few days while I was on a short break. Back now with renewed vigour!
    @hieiren – I’m glad I’m not the only one who can’t hoop! All this talk of hundreds of rotations is quite intimidating! @metatauta – surely with YouTube and your instructions I’ll master this?
    @gretta – so sorry to hear of your grandma’s news. Enjoy your precious time with her.
    Thank you for your hooping rules and link@Rabette.
    Good to see you back @arelkade.
    @daffodil2010 – high five for the willpower! 👏 your tipping comment reminds me of an incident we had in Canada. We were at a harbour restaurant. The waitress brought us a drink and the menu, and half an hour later still hadn’t taken an order and we couldn’t attract her attention. OH went up to the till to pay for the drink and go because he has no patience for bad service. He paid for the drink, (no tip) and the waitress said to him, ‘In our country it’s usual to tip’. Quick as a flash his reply was, ‘in our country we only tip people who bother to serve) and with that we left her open mouthed and went to eat somewhere else!
    @dykask – very impressed!

I’ve skimmed the last few day’s posts and will try to catch up later.

Happy Sunday.

Day 7 UK CD

So far so good – just had water, black coffee, and ginger tea. Went to supermarket on way home and picked up some more salad things ready to treat myself in healthier ways – lots of dark green leafy veg, avocados, tomatoes and blueberries.

Feeling v coldy today and glad to be home again after morning in town. Great to know I don’t have to go out again til Wednesday! Looking forward to a late healthy lunch, afternoon of reading, early supper bath & bed. I’d love to take tomorrow as rest day but my week will be happier if I get some stuff done.. aiming for better balance.

Finally restarted gentle yoga stretches this morning after 10 day break. Definitely feeling more centred and less stressed. Looking forward to trying again tomorrow.

@bluesqueak empathy! I’m now on Day 5 of not-quite-a-cold – or Month 3 of everlasting-cold-that-flares-up-every-time-I-go-out! Hope you feel better v soon 🙂
    @russetfox empathy! This WOL is hugely flexible and the challenge waggon is a very welcoming one. Back we both go, looking after Future Us 🙂 Drinking lots of water and staying away from sugar &carbs is my pre-FD prep today.
    @debster251 welcome back 🙂
    @ccco hope your WFDs went well 🙂 I’m interested in trying these again – tho not B2B! – if you’re happy to share your experience. Have you been getting any calories on your WFD, or staying with water only for the full 36 hours? If the latter, how’s it been?

Day 7 UK NFD

Week one done with mixed results will weigh in tomorrow and refocus for week 2

I think I’m actually looking forward to being back at work delivering the mail tomorrow! Having time off is very bad for my eating habits, I can’t dare retire, even though, at my age, I can.
    @russetfox: I hope you have a better time at work in the coming days.
    @daffodil2010: I hope you enjoyed your lovely breakfast today!
    @annemarilyn: You still did an excellent job with a liquid fast-day.
    @excelsior12309: A VERY good week for you. Congratulations!

USA Day 7 NFD but 16:8

Well, I’ve completed my huge fast and glad to be eating today. This morning when I awoke, I stepped on the scale and to my amazement and delight, I dropped 2 lbs.! Yay! Yesterday it looked like I had lost nothing after all that effort. Even though I didn’t eat, the lemon flavored seltzer water really kept me feeling full. I will try another 24 hour fast tomorrow and hopefully I will have eaten enough today to accomplish that! Also, because I started out fasting not sleeping, I thought I would google search that experience, I found quite a bit about it. It proved very interesting. I got the most info on keto insomnia. It worth reading and very interesting!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Day 7 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick hello before I am off to conduct our Choral Society Spring Concert this afternoon. April Showers today! (I should have included that song in our repertoire…) Concert is called “Colors of Spring” with lots of green and rainbow inspired songs.

Hope I can catch up with posts soon.

Onward and downward.

Day 7, VA, USA, LFD

Got up at 8:30am taught a workshop (3 hours) home feeling hungry and tired. Had some broth and I’m going to grab a nap – I have to go back and teach later this evening. I can tell I’m dehydrated but I’m feeling resistance to drinking water. So after the nap maybe I’ll feel better.

Wow so far I’m the only one fasting Sunday!?! There’s got to be others and I missed them.

Pocket list
    @rabbette

Hi @rabbette, I’m in with you.

Pocket list day 7
    @rabbette
    @rafiki44

Got a lot to do today and not much food temptation as I only have a fridge and microwave and I’m not leaving the house!

Day 7- Ohio fd

Woke up feeling like making today a fd even though I hadn’t planned to until tomorrow. Stomach is better but still icky otherwise. So, I am planning mostly miso soup and applesauce with some cinnamon for the day. Actually that sounds very tasty.

The oldest has been panicking about military so I get to deal with this a while. At least he keeps going back to doing it. Plus he doesn’t like that my lower clothes are starting to want to fall off. Insert sarcasm. That’s supposed to be his thing! \Insert. I may be looking for those smaller pants which also means shopping at thrift stores again. Since I hate doing shopping for clothes, I think that becomes an excuse to sabotage. Feeling healthier needs to be more important than facing clothes that I need to remember.

Day 8, Japan, FD

Curry and rice yesterday. Did do some extra exercise to balance out.
    Party tonight and I will definitely stay dry, try to pick up salad and veggies, tho I know there will be desserts…oh dear. Hopefully I can make it a FD.
    Cold and rainy but stay strong!

Pocket list day 8
    @shelliz

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 741 total)

You must be logged in to reply.