April 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 740 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 741 total)

• Day 8 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Thank you all so much for the well wishes and words. It really means a lot. Thankfully was able to sleep through the night last night (think the sheer exhaustion finally got to me). We did get some good news that the cancer is just in her liver, it’s untreatable, but they think she still has a couple of years which is one positive. My manager is very supportive and is geared up for me to go at some stage, whenever I need, no questions asked. My aunt is flying over there tomorrow, so I think I’ll head over for a visit next week.

Trying to stay on the wagon health wise, desperately trying to avoid sugar, though the dragon is definitely there. Tried a new gym on Friday, incredibly challenging, went again on Saturday morning. Still sore…

I’m moving my normal FD to Tuesday as my father and sister inlaw are both in town for work, so we’re heading out for dinner.

@missybear you can do it! Maybe try plan out your FD’s (ie. Every half hour schedule in a glass of water, certain intervals for coffee, etc)? I was feeling like I was in a bit of a rut so I changed up what I ate for a couple of weeks which helped, by then the fasting muscle was flexing again.

@michelinme I had similar symptoms and went in for a blood test, turns out my iron is on the low side, and also had some allergies contributing – some antihistamines have helped…do you suffer from hay fever? That may be causing some of your issues?!

Lots and lots of posts to catch up on, work and life have all been a bit hectic this week, but I aim to spend some time reading the forum later today, so hope to reply to a few people then!

Day 7 Ohio, US — NFD (70 bites)

A good NFD. Still seemed as though there was more to do than there was time. One of the nice things about counting bites is that there is no question when I’m on target or not. That has removed a lot of uncertainty about the NFD’s.

@shelliz Hope you make it a successful FD!

@songbirdme Also hope that your concert was great! It’s gotten so warm here so fast that I’m overdressing when I go out, since I really can’t believe that it’s not like the Arctic outside! We haven’t gotten any of your showers, just the clouds.

@ccco Congratulations on finishing the big fast! Seeing the weight loss is just icing on the cake 🙂

2nd post FD

yay a buddie!
    @rafiki44

my LFD transitioned into a regular FD under 200 calorie of added vegetables to broth. I felt depleted and needed/wanted veggies.

Day 8 – Japan – WFD #27 in 2019

Day 8, Bristol, UK FD

I haven’t posted for the last few days. Not been great NFDs – did a mosaic course yesterday which I booked yonks ago. It included proper afternoon tea! I managed to save half and took it to my sister’s for after dinner to share, but still bad, compounded by my arriving home and eating loads more. Ooops! Sugar just makes me go mad, I need to get back to abstaining from sugar completely (apart from naturally occurring sugar).

Pocket list:

@shelliz
    @stephsie

Day 8, Melbourne Australia, FD.
    Days 1 & 3 FD.
    Days 4-7 NFD.

Question: I seem to have lost the search feature that used to be here… was it retired?

Hanging in there, but doing it a bit tough today – funny how some days are easy and others tough. I wonder if it is to do with what we eat the day or 2 beforehand.

@Betseylee, same-same ” I have major problems trying to swallow tablets unless I have them with food “. I struggle to swallow pills with liquid. I have found that I only need a very tiny bit of food, eg one almond or a cherry tomato and it seems to fool my brain into thinking ‘it’s okay to swallow’ if I then put the pill/s in at the time I’m ready to swallow. I found that my BP normalised whilst I was fasting last time, (last concerted effort) so it might pay to keep an eye on your BP, anyway.

Good luck to hula-hoopers – heehee, just had a vision of being able to look down on the globe from outer space and see tiny people hula-hooping here and there…

Day 8 – Ireland – FD
    Morning all, I’ve had a very busy weekend as was scheduled to help people out with a few things but all done and feeling good 👍 also managed to fit in a good long spin 🚲yesterday which was great.
    Two NFDs though and some sugary treats.. still on the dry though.
    FD today thankfully and hopefully a good week to come 👍
    @snowflake56 and all those feeling unwell i do hope you feel better soon👍
    Pocket list:
    @shelliz
    @stephsie
    @jaifaim

We rise by lifting others 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 8 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Ate too much snacks and chocolate yesterday, and today my skin is looking spotty. I just can’t eat chocolate without it going to my face. Never had teenage spots, super to be getting them in middle age….NOT 😡

Although I had slipped over the plateau boundaries a couple of weeks ago I have climbed back on. So hey ho, off we go.

Not much to report, Monday morning, blah. Trying to instill positive thoughts for the day ahead, but outside is grey and overcast and typically Monday.

Day 8 Belfast FD

Reset, reset, reset!

@stephsie your mosaic course sounds great!
    Pocket list:
    @shelliz
    @stephsie
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    We rise by lifting others
    Onward and downward

Day 8. London. FD

Adding myself to today’s pocket list
    Pocket list:
    @shelliz
    @stephsie
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @emma-taylor

Have a good day all.

Day 8 UK FD
    No weight loss – all my own fault had a good start to the week but slowly got back to my bad habits so aiming for a much better week

@shelliz I go to Italy fairly regularly and tipping is not in their culture, sure they appreciate small coins if having coffee/ lunch and at dinner a few euros if you really rate the service but it is entirely optional no need to stress over it x

Day 8 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Pocket list:
    @shelliz
    @stephsie
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear

Happy Monday everyone 😊

Day 8 Wales FD

Pocket list:
    @shelliz
    @stephsie
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @russetfox

Have a good day all x

Day 8, London, UK, NFD

Well I fell off of the DRY wagon yesterday!!! I had a Spa day including lunch and a glass of red, unfortunately it didn’t stop there as I opened a bottle once I arrived home!!! Rookie mistake!!!

My hula-hooping is going well ……………………… not quite up to the expert standards of @metatauta or @rabbette, but at least there’s some improvement!!

I guess I’m pressing the reset button tomorrow (NO chance of success today) with a B2B2B. With the intention of going back to my first love of 500cals, I think 800 was giving me license to make good use of the extra 300, even when I didn’t need or want to!!

@daffodil2010, I’m all for the full breakfast on a Sunday morning, such a wonderful treat to look forward to sharing with your OH. This WOL really, really allows for actually having a life rather than putting life on hold for a (whisper it) D…I…E…T.

I hope everyone suffering some kind of bug or virus recovers soon, I think the crazy weather is to blame, I drove through a snow storm last week ………………… madness, I tell you, madness!!!

Keep the faith folks!!!

USA Day 8 FD

Adding myself to today’s pocket list.

@shelliz
    @stephsie
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @russetfox
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 8 London UK FD 800 (hopefully)

So after falling off the wagon on Friday, I’m ready to try climbing back on. Pollution where I am is fairly high today, so it may be that that’s making me feel a bit spaced out and runny nosed, rather than a cold. Or, as you say, @flourbaby, it may be this bonkers weather.

@stephsie – yes, sugary treats. That was my problem Friday – Amarillo biscuits, which probably weren’t that many calories in themselves, but I just wanted to eat afterwards

Day 8 USA (Illinois) NFD

Can’t fast today (although I need to …will tomorrow) as I am giving my every-56-day pint of blood at the local blood bank. Oh so happy I am healthy enough to do so. Must keep up liquids and food all day.

The Spring Colors concert went fabulously! It is always so heartening when the things we worked on happen properly. 🙂 And the choir gave me a beautiful array of 24 roses in all sorts of colors! We did several “rainbow” songs, and there is even a rainbow ribbon around the vase. I love directing these terrific singers.

Off to Silver Sneakers then blood… onward and downward.

Day 8 UK FD

Rather relieved to be back on a regular FD for the first time in a couple of weeks. Somehow the holiday time was easier to be mindful… Came back last Tues straight into 5 full days, felt sick on Thurs so didn’t fast. Then slipped straight off the waggon over the weekend with vegan choc ices (sugar dragon!) and the sheer VOLUME of food… Talk about feed a cold… Somehow I lost all sense and became All Mouth instead

Woke this morning feeling puffy & hungry but so relieved I’d prepped ahead… was able to remind myself it’s MondayFastDay, and there’s vegan chilli and some cauliflower sitting on my “Fast Food” shelf in the fridge along with a small apple and clementine. Everything else is out of bounds until tomorrow… including the ENORMOUS jar of Italian truffles DD gave me yesterday for “Festa della Mamma” 🙂 Keeping it for Easter sharing…

Get well soon to those of you who are also feeling ill. Offering a hand to all who need to climb back onto the waggon – we can do this! And strength to my fellow fasters today…

Day 8 Pocket list.

@shelliz
    @stephsie
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @russetfox
    @ccco
    @michelinme

Have a great day!

Day 8: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Back to work with a vengeance! Heavy day on the mail plus three lots of flyers (two were booklets) for every house to sort up! Didn’t finish my round until 2pm….
    Came home starving and….(you guessed it)!

Haven’t had a chance to read the posts, hope you’re all doing ok. Good luck to today’s fasters xx

Day 9, Melb Aust (12:45 a.m. at start of day 10), CD for 9/4

@ciren2 and @snowflake56, opened the spreadsheet on the first page to make an entry – empty, no info.; everything has gone!!! Is there another copy drifting around somewhere?
    I’ve been very busy so haven’t made entries for the past couple of days, so I haven’t gone back to pages 5 or 4 to see if there’re any comments about it.

Day 8 VA, USA, NFD

man – its day 8! Making a date with the hoop after I get back from teaching yoga. I’ve been sorting out tax forms and other paperwork this morning. My poor kitty Birdie has missed out on some play time. I try to play and burn off her energy in the morning, she LOVES/needs the morning playtime attention! AND it gets me off me bum and moving about.

Have a brilliant day.

@betsylee: Eeeek! just looked via the link on page one….you’re right; the spreadsheet is blank! Anyone able to help here? What has happened??
    @snowflake56…are you able to fix this? Or anybody?
    @gretta? So sad about your grandma. ((big hugs)) It’s good that your boss is understanding. You can visit her next week. Spend quality time together. xx
    @ccco: That water fast you did was fantastic….a good result too.

I restored the spreadsheet from the most recent edit where it was not blank. Should be good to go.

@jlevin: Hey thanks! Where would I be without quality tech support, eh?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MPNpgBGFcRiaQMBjH8WJeWTDI4RyFwC50Pu9rg0fKGs/edit#gid=0

Here it is.

Day 8 California FD day 2 of B2B2B

Adding myself to the list

Day 8 Pocket list.

@shelliz
    @stephsie
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @russetfox
    @ccco
    @michelinme
    @rafiki44

Day 8
    Florida
    FD today. So far so good although I am getting hungry. One more hour for dinner. My weight stayed the same which is okay with me. I didn’t walk as much last week and was afraid I gained. Keeping it below the 170 line. 🙂
    Hope everyone has a great day.

Adding my name to the pocket list.

Day 8 Pocket list.

@shelliz
    @stephsie
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @russetfox
    @ccco
    @michelinme
    @rafiki44
    @kaywesterman

Day 8 – Eastern WA USA – FD (1st of several perhaps)

Hooray, the sun is coming out! You sounded a little down @daffodil2010, maybe the sun will come out for you too and brighten the day! I’m glad about the sun factor here in Eastern WA. I lived on the west side of the state for 5 years and had a lot of grey skies. Here on the east side, even on a day with some rain, there’re usually a few sun breaks. It makes all the difference!

@jlevin – thank you for coming to the rescue with the spreadsheet and you’re even a newbie. Welcome! When you have a moment, why not tell us a little bit about yourself. We usually do a little into at the beginning of a new month. It’s nice to know who’s in this journey with us.

I’m hopefully starting the week with a long fast – mostly water and no calories as long as possible. I plan to go see if I can find some decaf flavored green tea to help with the hydration. I have social events later in the week so fasting at the beginning of the week is the plan.

Day 8 Pocket list.

@shelliz
    @stephsie
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @russetfox
    @ccco
    @michelinme
    @rafiki44
    @kaywesterman
    @annemarilyn

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Day 8- Ohio fd

Fd take 2. Lucky I had originally planned it for today. And I have refilled my water bottles to take to work. The village is repairing lines AGAIN, so no water. Yes, there are a couple packs at work, but they usually get used during the day. And I get to try a new idea I have towards making me less likely to have cravings. I accidentally threw out my bank card, so I can’t buy junk at work since I don’t carry cash on me there. Now, I literally am stuck with what I take to work. Just need to brew coffee now. Big thermos helps. Planning on making the end of lunch soup after I finish the coffee. Coffee flavored miso? And now the kid has me going tomorrow to a place where there is all meat sandwiches as a family meal. I need today to be a fd to figure what I CAN eat there. Besides baklava or rice pudding.

I think my body is holding and adding pounds one weekend of the month. I checked today and the weight is already dropping.

@daffodil2010 That meal sounded delicious. But eww on the side effect to chocolate.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Day 9 – Japan – NFD

27 water fasts completed so far this year.

Not much working out yet this week. Yesterday there was too much rain and today I have to rush out for opening ceremony as the new school year is starting in Japan.

Day 9, Japan, NFD

I managed to escape before the food – especially the sweets – was served at the party yesterday! Delicious curry left in the fridge at home but I succeeded in only having some kefir and konjac for dinner. But that konjac I ate with spicy oil…the oil was probably not necessary at all…and I actually felt quite full already after the kefir but still wanted something else…
    My FD has been quite loose recently and that’s probably why I’m not making a lot of progress, just going back and forth. I see that some of you are on or planning to go onto a big fast, maybe I should try that before going to the long holiday at the end of this month…? Need to do some research.

@brightonbelle What a relief to know about tipping in Italy from someone who’s so familiar with it! That is definitely helpful. Thank you!

Have a good day everyone!

Day 9, Melbourne, FD

I am doing 2 back-to-back as I find that easier than spreading them over the week. Yesterday was fine – I don’t try to track calories any more, just eat as little as humanly possible. Generally I eat 1 or 2 boiled eggs and have one or 2 cups of miso soup during the day and a piece of fish and veg or salad at night. Plus about 1/3 cup of milk in hot drinks. If I get really desperate, rather than come off the FD I have another egg or perhaps a cube of cheddar cheese. So it probably ranges from 500 to 700 cals on a FD.

Feeling hungry is a good guide for me that I did it right, as I simply don’t feel hungry except on FDs: NFDs I eat because it’s time to eat and I because I enjoy eating! Actually, in theory I agree with the ‘only eat when you are hungry’ idea, but in reality how anyone could do that is beyond me – I would be hungry at the most inconvenient times…

Wishing you all a highly successful FD or NFD!

Day 8 , VA, USA, NFD

@daffodil2010 – yes Raspberry Stout, (similar to guinness in that they are both stouts) There are even more kinds such as
    Gingerbread
    Bourbon Barrel Gingerbread
    Kentucky Christmas Morning
    Apple Brandy Barrel Gingerbread
    Rye Barrel Gingerbread
    Rum Barrel Barrel Gingerbread
    Sidamo Coffee Stout
    Bourbon Barrel Raspberry Stout with Vanilla Beans
    OH an let me not forget

Christmas Pancake Stout (yes it taste like maple syrup and stout)

and these are only the stouts made by Hardywood. I live in like the mecca of microbreweries and a large portion of them make at least a couple different stouts. Hardwood does the most stouts.

There are other breweries that make their beers after pies. So far the Mississippi Mud Pie, was very notable as a favorite of mine.

So you can see I’m kinda in a pickle. (or should I say a dark river of stout)

Day 8 Ohio, US — NFD (70 bites)

A good NFD, stayed on target.
    A little joke for the day:
    Bob: When I stand on my head, the blood rushes to my head.
    Bobbie: Yes, I’ve noticed that.
    Bob: Well, then, when I stand upright, why doesn’t the blood rush to my feet?
    Bobbie: Your feet aren’t empty.

Have a great day everyone!

Day 9 Melb Aust FD (just after midday)

@ciren2 & @jleven, so glad you could resurrect the spread sheet – that was a bit of a shock yesterday evening, finding it blank. Happened last month once, too – maybe there’s a gremlin lurking in the system??? 🙂

@shelliz, I’ve also had a fairly unsuccessful few days, and plan to do several B2B2B2B, to get myself back on track plus shake off this plateau I’ve been on (which discouraged me, which led to the unsuccessful days! Sigh!)

Hi @biddiev, glad to see someone else has the problem of being a day ahead of everyone else – that’s why I usually post in the evenings. So, as two of us are already fasting today, I’ll start the Pocket List.

Day 9 Pocket List
    @biddiev
    @betsylee

Thanks, @betsylee!

2nd post

@betsylee 4 FDs B2B sounds ambitious! I’m a little bit scared of the so-called hunger mode, where your body feels you are in severe hunger and tries to store every single calorie without consuming any. But I think it’s similar to FD800 (800cals for 20days i remember?) LFD or WFD sounds attractive too… so many choices!

@betsylee @biddiev As long as you put the day count in front of the pocket list i guess it’s okay to post in the morning? 😀 I’m in UTC+9 so a bit early of a lot of ppl too hehe

Day 9 Melbourne AUS – FD

Yesterday wasn’t a sugar free day, but it was a sensible sugar day (two almond biscotti’s following dinner with the in-laws), so happy with that.

Didn’t go to the gym as usual this morning as last night’s dinner ran very late – and given I’ve been sick I decided to prioritise rest. Back to it tomorrow morning!

@hieiren great idea with leaving the wallet at home! I try and only eat what food I have brought with me, even if there are sandwiches etc in the kitchen (common occurrence these past few days). Can be extremely tempting, all that fluffy white bread…!!!

Pocket List Day 9:
    @gretta

5’10. 34 year old male professional in LA. Trying out IF/ Fastdiet on the recommendation of a registered dietician I saw on a lark. I’ve done WW, Atkins and calorie cutting in the past for weight loss with positive but not permanent results. Fasting seems to be a discipline I can enjoy as long as I’m healthy and not overly stressed at work! I ballooned up to 225 recently, started IF at 218 after just calorie cutting, now down to 214 in just a week of IF!

Today was a FD, my third 600 calorie day and it went great. I do obsess about food, but I’m no longer feeling the every 20 minute hunger pang. I think I’m getting a hang of this!

dupe

Day 9: Gloucestershire, UK: FD ….maybe, we’ll see.

Up and ready for work. Instead of eating my usual breakfast porridge, I’m sitting at the computer! Change the routine; change the outcome? My asthmatic cough kept me awake a lot of the night, I’m trying to get back on the wagon if only to cure it like I did in 2016, when I reached my goal weight (for several months) this way. Alas, again, I am about 2 stone overweight.
    @dykask: No 27 this year! another water fast successfully completed. Are you at goal weight and trying to build muscle?
    @jlevin: good to have another man on this forum. Thanks for the spreadsheet.
    @betsylee: Go for it!
    @matpi: Ha…ha….!

Day 9 Pocket list. Add yourself if you’re fasting.

@biddiev
    @betsylee
    @gretta
    @ciren2

Day 9, Emden Germany, FD

Good morning everyone!

I’m not posting much but go in every morning to make a copy of the spreadsheet in case it gets lost. Yesterday I was in at 8:00 am German time. I don’t know why this happens, I had the same problem last month. Perhaps I’m doing something wrong.

Things are getting better here, back on BP medication. It’s time to do a FD, my eating habits are not the best atm, mostly sweets. Just selfpity I think, so from now on: back to normal!.

@jlevin thanks for getting the spreadsheet back!
    @gretta sorry about the diagnosis of your grandmother, it’s good she is active and healthy otherwise.
    @ciren2 hard boiled eggs made beforehand to eat when you come?

Day 9 Pocket list. Add yourself if you’re fasting.

@biddiev
    @betsylee
    @gretta
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 9 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

I did not have an FD in the end yesterday, even had some wine 😨 , but scales still kind. Yup @annemarilyn, for some reason I was feeling down, all that grey murky weather and cold is just getting too much. I mean the temperature says 10c but the cold North Easterly wind from Russia makes its biting cold.

Anyhow, doing my FD today. Plus, my brother is conducting a practice interview with me over the phone at 8 tonight so no time for stuffing face.

I have been called for that job interview tomorrow afternoon, so today will be mindful and preparing answers, and getting in the zone. Should be ok…..having been an interviewer many times in the past I have a better handle on how to be a good interviewee…….I hope 🤔

@snowflake56 that’s the unfortunate thing about the Google sheets with access to all, it just takes someone to press the wrong button and not realise and it’s gone. But there is always a way to get it back. Good job 👍

Day 9 – Ireland – NFD
    Hi all… Well managed a FD yesterday although my food choices were not the best…
    NFD today with a work lunch out in a nice burger joint which I’m really looking forward to but will aim to eat very little else today 👍 it will set me up for my club spin later tonight and hopefully I can burn some of it off…🤞
    @snowflake56 so glad to hear you are a little better and thank you for looking out for us here with the spreadsheet -It is very much appreciated!
    @ciren2 you can do this!!! One day at a time and you’ll be back on track👍
    @daffodil2010 I hope all goes well with your prep.. and the interview tomorrow.
    Welcome @jlevin and to all the other people starting out on this WOL.
    We rise by lifting others 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 9 UK NFD

Slowly getting back in the swing of things yesterday’s FD seemed a little easier than last week , really enjoyed breakfast this morning will prepare for tomorrow’s FD and then work on a strategy to not blow it at the end of the week

Day 9 Bristol, UK NFD

Weight is not where I would like it to be at this stage so I will probably add in another FD this week. It’s because I’ve eaten too much sugar on NFDs, so need to work on that again.

@snowflake56 – sorry you are still not back to full health – hope you feel much better very soon.

@debster251 – the mosaic course was great! I made a picture of a fox’s face. I have to grout it today so hope that goes well! The afternoon tea was a temptation too far for me though.. all that sugar and cream! :O

@flourbaby – spa day sounds like fun, I think I’ll book in to visit a flotation tank again next week – it really helps me to relax.

@bluesqueak – sorry you’re prone to the sugar demons too! It really does trigger the appetite doesn’t it?

@songbirdme – the concert sounds like a lot of fun. I really must join a choir again. Singing is good for the Soul.

@jlevin – hello! I’m glad you’re finding success with this process.

Day 9, London, UK, FD (1st of B2B2B)

I’ve got my positive head on today, I’m determined to stay dry for the remainder of the month ………………….. It’s NEVER as good as I expect, leading to headaches, poor sleep and awful food choices. I really love the discipline of a FD, I can actually feel my body sigh in relief when it’s a FD!!!!!

Welcome @jlevin, as I say to all newbies, follow the basics until you get comfortable with fasting, then you can either stick with it until the inevitable plateau, at which point you’ll be confident enough to go B2B2B+; water fasting, liquid fasting, 16:8 or even 23:1 or any combination that suits you!!!

@daffodil2010, fingers crossed for your interview, you’ve got this!!!!

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Day9 Belfast CD

How good it is to wake to sunshine. Good for the soul.

Having consciously climbed off that sugar wagon, how HARD it is to get back on track. I did so well last month. I spent all day thinking about biscuits (and had a little nibble☹️) Anyway, today’s a new day and I WILL stay strong

@matpi haha
    @daffodil2010🤞hope all goes well. Is this for promotion?

Off to Pilates now. Have a good day everyone. 💪💪

Day 9 London UK

Yesterday’s fast day 800 went well; despite waking up several times in the night I feel a lot better this morning. Either the mysterious spaced out feeling was a bug which is going, or the anti-histamines are kicking in properly. I actually felt well enough this morning to do my RCAF exercises.

@debster251 – raining in London and sunny in Belfast? Has the world gone mad? 🙂

@gretta – so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Spend as much time as you can with her, and remember to look after yourself as well. Will pray for you.

@stephsie – yes, I am definitely prone to the sugar demons. Chocolate I can take or leave alone, but a pack of sugary cakes or biscuits just looks at me and begs: ‘Eat me! Eat me all!’ Then I feel hungry about half an hour later.

The only solution is to have no biscuits etc. in the house, but that doesn’t help when a friend offers you some while you’re in *her* house. 🙂

@snowflake56 – hope you’re feeling better soon, and thank you for your care for the spreadsheet!

Day 9 Wales UK NFD

Currently struggling, doing OK on fast days but NFD seem to be really difficult. Mood is in the toilet following a personal issue 10 days ago and an upsetting event in work this past weekend. Haven’t been out much walking for the past week, my get up and go, got up and went. In fact getting on my own nerves now.
    Take care today all x

Day 9 – Manchester, England – FD

I haven’t been around for the past few days due the run up to the Easter break being incredibly hectic at work. I haven’t been strictly following FDs due to the chaos, but I have kept the WoL in mind and tried to be mindful in my eating. So far, the scales have been behaving themselves and actually slipping down slowly, slowly. I think that this is testament to the flexibility of this WoL. By keeping it in mind, I have still made good choices or been able to balance out some of the less healthy eating I’ve done. I’m not so concerned about when I feel hungry and am able to resist temptation (some of the time!).

Anyway, I’m throwing myself back into the 5:2 proper today with a FD. I’m a bit tired after the weekend, but hoping that I can stick to it today. I feel like my body needs a bit of a break after a busy weekend away with friends and all of the fun that involves.

@gretta – I’m so sorry to hear about your amazing grandma. I hope you’re doing ok. She sounds wonderful. I hope you get to spend some lovely, quality times with her. Congrats on hitting your April goal so early! Inspirational!

@betsylee – what are you studying? I also used to do ESL teaching 🙂

@daffodil2010 – So well done on resisting all that temptation on your work night out! I’m not sure I could’ve done that!! You did so well. And good luck for the job interview. I hope it goes great.

@russetfox – I’m sorry to hear you’re going through a tough time. It’s awful when there are things coming at us from various different directions all at the same time. Take each day as it comes. It’s ok to not be ok. This will pass and things will get better, even if it doesn’t feel like it at the time. Make time to be kind to yourself and try not to be too hard on yourself. Sending virtual hugs 🤗

To all you hoopers out there, I was never able to do it when I was younger, but with all the chat on here, I’m kind of tempted. I don’t have a hoop though. But you all could convince me to try to find one from somewhere!

I’m adding myself to the pocket list for today. Stronger together!
    Day 9 Pocket list:
    @biddiev
    @betsylee
    @gretta
    @ciren2
    @snowflake56
    @aglowworm

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 741 total)

You must be logged in to reply.