APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,170 replies, has 81 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 6 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,171 total)

• Day 15 – SW WA USA – NFD

Having a true day of rest this Sunday as some symptoms are coming and going throughout my body. Enjoying the (electric) fireplace that dispels some of the gray of the day.

@stoic – good for you with your progress you’re making in April!
    @Saffy420- konjac rice is interesting. It works better in some dishes than others. I find that the noodles work better for my purposes. For example, I like them when I make homemade chicken noodle soup. For a rice substitute, I’ve been turning to cauliflower rice at times, and do really enjoy that. Have you tried that?
    @metatauta – KetoConnect does have some good recipes, but yes, I suppose we need “a” portion. I bought some chicken curry at Costco yesterday that they were having us sample. I found some cauliflower rice in the refrigerated vegetable area that I look forward to trying with it.

Blessings on this Sunday!

ccco USA Day 15 FD

FD going well so far, although I am feeling a little tired and dizzy! …but not hungry yet! I am praying that today well evolve into a successful water fast day, since I have been having so much trouble lately! I am determined!

Cornish-jane: Your husband may not be with you today but we are! 🙂 Sorry about your chest infection. Feel well soon!

FlurBaby: Congrats for staying the course on arid April! I am right there with you! 🙂

StrawberriesandCream: Thank you! I am putting on the good fight today with a water fast! So far so good! Glad you had such a nice day yesterday! Onward into Spring!

Stoic: 2.4 lb. drop! I’ll take that any day! 🙂

Sally420: That’s funny about the rice and your DH! LOL Too bad he figured it out. I tried something like that once and was never sure if I succeeded fooling him or he just didn’t want to say anything lest he thought he would insult my cooking! Have fun with your mum and dad!

Borealis: Let us step over our struggles together and ten it into success!

toddybear: Glad you joined us. Together we will get over that hump!

Metatauta: I am very interested in low carb recipes and your kung pao interests me. I will check out keto connect.

SongBirdMe While the couple of extra pounds isn’t welcome, your visit to your DD in Texas is priceless! Now onward and downward!

Bert1802: I remember how much you love Trader Joe’s! Tread lightly! LOL

Kaywesterman: Wonderful! Going in the right direction is always inspiring!

MissyBear: Your father is in my prayers!

Day 15 UK NFD

While I have not been very controlled with my eating this weekend I have been extra good with my exercise.

@cornish-jane I am sending you lots of positive, healing vibes. I really hope you feel better soon hun. Keep strong.

@flourbaby I wish I could confirm that I spent the weekend in a little zen bubble sipping peppermint tea instead of screaming like a banshee at the kids and gulping wine but alas I can not *sigh* But I have survived the weekend!!! 😁

ccco USA Day 15 FD

Still going strong on water fast but am beginning to feel hungry and tired. I thought if I came on site, I will delay any temptations! I am about to watch a movie and knit. Hopefully, that will take my mind off things! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Days 12,13,14,15 Gloucestershire, UK…all NFDs unfortunately. Must do better.

Day 15, UK, NFD

Its been a busy day, I ended up buying a new TV because the old one broke down, and then my car broke down so had to have it fixed too. Din’t have time to eat till 4pm, which is good, so I will call it a good day 😀

@merryapple so sorry to hear your dog got hurt 🙁 , my best wishes to him, I hope he recovers fast ❤

@cornish-jane I hope you get over your chest infection quickly *hugs* , they are not fun and can make one feel down, but stay strong. You WILL get rid of it , and as @arelkade said don’t beat yourself up over your eating habits at the moment, remember that this WOL is flexible and you are not giving up but just adjusting your eating till you get better 🙂

@mia139 I’m in the same situation, my target loss seem to be too far too, but thats ok, we are not racing so we will just continue with this WOL 🙂

@kaywesterman glad all is working fine for you now and you can edit spread sheet 😀 I will join in #excited for you 💃

@michelinme I went over TDEE by more than 200 calories yesterday too 😳 , have to be more vigilant with food and do better. No wonder my scales are not moving!

@missybear so sorry to hear about your dad becoming unwell, its so stressful having a parent taken to hospital by ambulance, I’ve been through that. I hope he feels better soon. Stay strong, we are here for you 🤗

@sarahbob happy to hear you survived the weekend 😂

@ccco I find it that keeping myself busy with something helps, so watching a movie and knitting sounds like a good idea. Stay strong 🤗

Have a good day/evening everyone 🙂

Day 15 – USA – NFD

@missybear, hope your Dad recovers. Don’t beat yourself up. This WOL is very forgiving, as I’m sure you know.

2nd post –

@missybear – praying for your dad & you. It’s rough when our loved ones suffer.

Day 16…NSW Australia…FD
    (7.47am Monday morning)
    Hi everyone. Just checking in.

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 15, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Day 16 – Japan – FD (zero calorie) 83kg

This will be #25 in 2018. My weight was already down to 82kg but I’m drinking a lot now.

2nd post – I’m feeling the fast more than normal. I changed my exercise routine a bit so I did one set of pushups this morning. I’m spreading them out through the week because I hurt my left shoulder a bit and it starts hurting if I do too many. It seems to be impacting my though.

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

The usual Monday reset. After such a great March, the month of April is going in the other direction 😬 I guess it’s because there is so much on this month. The weekends are what do it for me. Monday through till Friday I am controlled and a model of restraint. Then it’s Friday evening…..well, you all know where this is going.

Still, I am over 30 pounds less than I was when I started so I won’t beat myself up but I also won’t get complacent either. This morning I feel bloated but lots of water and green tea today and hopefully tomorrow will show a nicer number.

@missybear I really hope your Dad gets well soon. Take care of yourself.

Picket Lust….☺️ Day 16 …..copy and paste if you are fasting today …..
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010

Happy Monday everyone

Day 16 Newcastle UK FD 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
    Lost 2lb last week got to be happy with that.

Day 16 Belfast FD

Back on those bouncing scales again. This weekend has undone all the good of last week. ☹️
    I had a wonderful wedding on Saturday – lots of indulgence of both food and drink and plenty of dancing. Our Portuguese guests have finally gone, so today is a day for tidying and washing.
    @merryapple hope your little Westie recovers soon!
    @shinything – I got my Bulgarian yoghurt and have made my first batch and I really like the taste. Just a question – when I make yoghurt generally, it is often not as thick as I would like. While I strain it, which makes it thicker, have you any tips for getting that thickness without having to do that? I’m careful about temperatures etc.
    @cornishjane hope you recover from your chest infection soon and glad to hear @arelkade that you are on the mend.
    @toddybear great 10K. Well done
    @missybear so sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he gets well soon.

Picket Lust….

Day 16 …..copy and paste if you are fasting today …..
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251

Have a good day everyone

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @dykask

Day 16, London, UK, NFD

Yesterdays’ ‘make-up’ FD was a success, no reward on the scales, but I’m happy it’s not moving up considering the poor choices on Day 14!!! Today WILL be controlled!!!!

@merryapple, I hope your ‘poor wee chap’ is comfortable until he gets that op.

@bert1802, I hope re-reading the basics of this WOL reignites your determination and of course …………….plan, Plan, PLAN!!!! I’ve had a few wobbles where just when I think I’ve got the hang of this I hurl myself off of the wagon, but the key really is to keep the faith & stay strong, sending you some mojo!!!!

@missybear, sending healing vibes to your dad today, I hope you managed to drown those two rather persistent dragons!!!

@sarahbob ………………….. now I have an entirely different picture of you …………………… were you swigging the wine straight from the bottle??!! LOL!!!!

I hope those bush fires in Sydney haven’t affected any of our friends here, such pointless and (possibly) deliberate destruction.

Keep the faith people, this really does work and after all, ……………………. What else are you going to do??????

Day 16, Amsterdam , FD

Can’t quite remember when I last posted but had two NFDs on the weekend… Though I also went to the most advanced hot yoga class yesterday, and ended up (accidentally somehow) managing a crow pose! Didn’t really think I could do it, so am happy about that! Gives me a lot of incentive to do more yoga regularly.

I must get back into the plank challenge as have been slacking on that!

@annemarilyn I don’t travel so much for work (though occasionally) this coming weekend to Florence is a long awaited trip with my best friend from school! I’m certain it’s going to involve a lot of food and wine and if I fast she will definitely kill me, so I will do the 16:8 and try and maintain some level of mindful eating. Things will have to be reset after that.

@debster251 the wedding sounds lovely – wedding season is truly starting and I’m keeping that in mind whilst I fast!

I wish everyone a good FD today, adding myself to the list:

@arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @dykask
    @catch87

Day 16 – UK – Reading – FD

Oh my – weekends are a problem. Back to it today. Adding myself to the pocket list:

@arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @dykask
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline

Day 16, Gozo Malta,fd

FD for me today.

Have a great Monday everyone. Onwards and downwards.

Day 16 North Wales FD

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @dykask
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @molij

Day 16, Newcastle UK, FD

The only thing that remotely resembled a FD yesterday was that I only ate one meal. Otherwise it was dreadful. But at least I tried which is better than not. Great result for Newcastle beating Arsenal yesterday and England have done so well coming 2nd place in the Commonwealth Games. The netball match was riveting!

Congratulations on your 10K @toddybear – perhaps you are building more muscle with all your training?
    Sounds like you had a perfect weekend @daffodil2010 🙂
    How’s your wrist doing @michelinme? Glad you liked the quote.
    Best wishes for your Dad’s speedy recovery @missybear.
    @sarahbob – good to hear you’re still with us!
    @dykask – I take it you’re referring to good old H2o! Unlike some of us…..me……
    Back on track @steve toon taxi driver – well done.
    @debster251 – Sounds like the wedding was worth any upwards movement on the scale – it’ll be off in no time.

Adding myself to today’s picket lust:

@arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @dykask
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @molij
    @strawberriesandcream

All the best for a great week everyone.

Adding myself to pocket list

@arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @dykask
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @molij
    @strawberryandcream

Day 16 UK FD

Need to be good this week. Off to Spain on Friday until Monday. It’s all inclusive so I doubt much mindful eating and drinking will be going on!

So adding myself to the pocket list.

@arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @dykask
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @molij
    @strawberriesandcream
    @saffy420

Day 16 Hampshire UK – FD

@ccco – Massive congrats on the water fast!

@stevetoontaxidriver – well done on this week’s weight loss
    @stoic – well done on this week’s weight loss

@strawberriesandcream – I think you should give yourself credit! I know that in the old days I would have eaten 3 meals in the belief that I had ‘spoiled’ my diet, so I would have used that as a reason to drink & eat all day long!
    What is great about this WOL is it helps us minimise the effects of a ‘bad’ day!

So last week I only managed one FD – with which I’m a bit annoyed with myself.

I was unfocused about which day was going to be my second FD (ie Wed or Thurs or Fri) and as a result of my lack of focus, I ended up not fasting on any of those days!

So this week I have a strong focus on doing 2 X FDs, one today and one Wednesday.

Adding myself to the pocket list:-

@arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @dykask
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @molij
    @strawberriesandcream
    @saffy420
    @fivetwofan5252

Day 16…..Florida…..CD

Today is going to be a busy day. My baby turn 19 today, so it will be a special birthday dinner for him with his favorite cake which happens to be ice cream cake. Him and I both have a dentist appt this morning. Then, I remember this morning that I forgot to do our taxes…..I really put doing them off this year! So, I’ll be tackling that again today!

Last night, I was up late last night going over the basics of 5:2 and IF. What I realized is that I was just trying to throw myself right back into it. Which clearly was not working! I read on one site, that I should slowly enter back in. First by getting my fast and feast times straighten out. Then, moving into longer fast times combined with TDEE calories, then CD calories, then 800 and finally 500. Basically, It’s a matter of retraining my mind and body.
    Oh, how easy it is to retrain your body to be all Willy Nilly. How come it so easy it slip into back into old patterns. I mean it’s crazy, I’ve had the 5:2 WOL for well over a year and I feel as if I’m back to square one along with three very unwanted pounds.

Today, we are headed to Trader Joe’s for our monthly shop. This is going to be lovely as I know I can get some good healthy stuff to get me started. Plus, a few healthy dinners that we all enjoy.

@flourbaby…..Thank you for your kind words!

Okay, well it’s that time again…..

Your riding a horse at full speed, a giraffe is next to you and a lion is chasing you
    What do you do?
    You get your drunk ass off the carousel!

Okay, well it’s that time again……..

Day 16 – Iceland – FD

Despite no success on the scales, I am not giving up… Adding myself to the pocket list:

@arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @dykask
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @molij
    @strawberriesandcream
    @saffy420

@fivetwofan5252
    @borealis

Good lunck everyone!

Day 16 Fast Day (First of 3 B2B)

@missybear I hope your dad feels better soon.

I tried a Water fast Day last week and did not make it all the way to the end. Like you @bert1802 I believe I need to retrain myself and I have been reading up on the basics and getting my head screwed on right to get back into this WOL. I just can’t be wishy-washy with this, I have to commit right off the bat and decide what the plan is; and then stick to it.

So adding myself to the pocket list and grateful for the chance to rest my gut and regenerate on a cellular level.

Day 16 pocket list:

@arelkade
@daffodil2010
@debster251
@dykask
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @molij
    @strawberriesandcream
    @saffy420
    @fivetwofan5252
    @borealis
    @basyjames ( Day 1 B2B2B)

My best to you all

Day 16. FD. Auckland
    I could have easily joined the struggling team or the Picket lust today but it’s 23.30 hrs and all I have to do today is check in then hit the sack…
    Thank you for the messages for Macintosh. I kept him grounded over the weekend and carried him up all the steps. He ‘s now back on four legs but not 100% so I suspect his cruciate will rear its head in the future. At least for now we seem to have dodged a bullet…
    @missybear Thinking of you and your dad. My OH had a leaky gallbladder last year and got really sick. The GP completely misdiagnosed him so we went to ED at the local hospital and within an hour the Dr had him diagnosed.

Onwards and downwards…

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

Busy day planned – Silver Sneakers and P.E.O. meetings.

Onward and downward.

Day 16. Virginia, USA. CD

Hello everyone, happy Monday! Just a quick check-in this morning… Friday and Saturday were eating days–calorie heavy, but yesterday was a water fast day so I’ve managed to maintain over the weekend. Looking forward to a great week!

Day 16 UK FD

I’ve been out for a walk with the baby this morning and I plan on getting the garden sorted this afternoon & have a play on my new rowing machine.

I have also bought some magnesium spray and I’m going to try that out tonight. Hopefully it will help with my leg cramps & help me sleep.

I’m adding myself to todays pocket list:

@arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @dykask
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @molij
    @strawberriesandcream
    @saffy420
    @fivetwofan5252
    @borealis
    @basyjames ( Day 1 B2B2B)
    @sarahbob

Good luck everyone and have a good day

Day 16, FD, USA

Checking in.

Day 16 – USA – NFD

New week, new determination 5x dry!! I guess my mind is in “I deserve” mode – if I am successful with 2 FDs at 500 cals, I feel “I deserve” a few beers on NFDs. That’s not something I’m proud of, but the truth, lol! If I want to lose this last 10 lbs. and keep it off, I must establish new habits and stop playing the shell game.

Day 16 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Happy Monday, stepped on the scale today after a wonderful date night with my DH on Saturday night, it was a lovely wine dinner with 7 courses. I could only eat the first two, but the wine was flowing so I was fearing the scales today. To my surprise, no weight gain over the weekend. Feeling happy about that.

Going to be super busy at work for the next two or three months getting all the Yachts back in the water for the season. I truly love my job and am grateful.

@arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @dykask
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @molij
    @strawberriesandcream
    @saffy420
    @fivetwofan5252
    @borealis
    @sarahbob
    @diana123 (B2B2B)

The best preparation you can do for tomorrow is be your best today. Have a great Monday everyone.

Day 16, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Day 16 California USA FD Maintenance

Up about 800 grams over goal after the weekend. Chilly rainy day today, but Spring flowers are blossoming and everything is starting to get green and lush. Looking forward to a productive FD today and to get back down to goal of 59.

@arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @dykask
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @molij
    @strawberriesandcream
    @saffy420
    @fivetwofan5252
    @borealis
    @sarahbob
    @diana123 (B2B2B)
    @califdreamer

Day 16 – Netherlands – FD

After three NFD’s finally another FD today, which is going really well so far. I especially find the weekend NFD’s difficult, maybe I should consider turning one of the weekend days into a CD, so I’ll be mindful and I’ll have to track my food.
    Although I didn’t go absolutely crazy, there was definitely too much alcohol and too much food this weekend, and unfortunately the scale showed it this morning. Let’s hope today’s FD can undo some of the damage.

Added myself to the pocket list:

@arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @dykask
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @molij
    @strawberriesandcream
    @saffy420
    @fivetwofan5252
    @borealis
    @sarahbob
    @diana123 (B2B2B)
    @califdreamer
    @fitalora

First half of April challenge done. Down 6 lbs and 4.5 inches. Headed towards my end of the month goal of 10lb weightloss.

FD for me today. So far so good. I’m feeliing more hunger but will drink more water. This morning started off good. I was able to get back in one of my fav slacks. 😊. Had a great art class, watercolors, this morning. Working on a painting of different boats. I’m new to watercolor painting and loving it.
    We had alot of rain yesterday and now enjoying cooler weather.
    Hope everyone has a great day. 🌞

2nd post

Checking in for accountability. TOM today and feeling sorry for myself and was all set to buy a bottle of red wine after work to have with a pizza for dinner!!! On an FD!!!
    So to stop the evil thoughts I had a shower when I got home and straight into my pj’s!
    That will stop me going out the door to the wine shop 😄

Having a mug of green tea and an apple now. I will make a spinach omelette for dinner and then early to bed. I hope that those treacherous thoughts will not rear their ugly heads again today. The things we must do to stop the dragon……🤓

@shimmera wow well done on April so far.

Day 16 – Atlanta, GA, USA – FD
    Day 15 – NFD
    Day 14 – CD
    Day 13 – NFD

Got my results from the lab work and seems like my HDL is still Low and my LDL is borderline, Glucose is Normal which im very happy for and all the rest number are Normal, but i have to improve my LDL & HDL, I’m eating healthy with once in a while cheat meals, Does Intermittent Fasting help to improve the numbers? I have been doing 5:2 since mid January of this year, Any advise is truly appreciated. Thank You

Day 16, UK, FD

Uh I’m really struggling with fasting today 😓 . I usually deal with hunger easily, but today is just terrible. I will try and finish my FD, but the way I’m feeling I can’t guarantee anything.

@debster251 have you tried leaving it longer wrapped in towel before putting it in the fridge? I make kefir more and I noticed that my kefir is really thick now. I’m no expert so I’m not sure if its because of cultures becoming stronger with time (I always leave a little bit of my kefir and use it in the new one) or its because I started leaving it overnight. Worth a try maybe 🙂 . I’m glad you like the taste of it, I think its really great 😀

@daffodil2010 your post made me laugh, I imagined you going to off licence in your pj’s 😂 . Stay strong, I know how you feel, lets support each other 🤗

Today’s fasters list:

@dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @debster251
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @molij
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @saffy420
    @fivetwofan5252
    @borealis
    @basyjames (First of 3 B2B)
    @merryapple
    @sarahbob
    @penz
    @diana123
    @califdreamer
    @fitalora
    @kaywesterman
    @mishty
    @shinything

Lets hold hands together supporting each other ❤

2nd post

Had a really good FD so far and determined not to blow it – hence this 2nd post to give me resolve to get through the evening. Something seems to have clicked today – probably the sheer panic of needing to fit into holiday clothes in 5 weeks time!

Hang on in @shinything & @daffodil2010 – and @metatauta on dry five – we can do this!! Great job @shimmera & diana123. @mishty – take a look at Dr. Eric Berg on Youtube – he covers the whole subject of cholesterol and weight loss.

Day 16 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Thanks for all the good wishes for my dad’s recovery, no change today, we are just waiting and praying the drugs work. The hospital are water fasting my dad so an easy FD for me today as I don’t feel inclined to complain of hunger.

Fast day done today 👍

Thank You @Strawberriesandcream, I started looking at Eric Berg’s videos

Day 16 – SW WA USA – FD

Joining the FD list today and planning to continue through tomorrow.

Today’s fasters list: Day 16

@dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @debster251
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @molij
    @strawberriesandcream
    @saffy420
    @fivetwofan5252
    @borealis
    @merryapple
    @sarahbob
    @penz
    @diana123
    @califdreamer
    @fitalora
    @kaywesterman
    @mishty
    @shinything
    @annemarilyn 1st of B2B

Together we are stronger!

Day 16, FD, too tired (read: lazy) to exercise today
    Day 15, NFD, Fast Fitness session in park
    Day 14, NFD, no exercise and too much sitting in the car

Fast day going well today, but exercise programme less successful! Spent the weekend with friends, and ate some lovely meals without over-indulging. However, apart from a run in the park, I have done nothing exercise-wise. Finding it difficult to fit regular exercise into my very irregular life. I have no good excuses, but will press the reset button tomorrow after an early night in my own bed – bliss, after the friend’s rickety sofa-bed!

Adding myself to today’s fasters list:
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @debster251
    @catch87
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @molij
    @strawberriesandcream
    @saffy420
    @fivetwofan5252
    @borealis
    @merryapple
    @sarahbob
    @penz
    @diana123
    @califdreamer
    @fitalora
    @kaywesterman
    @mishty
    @shinything
    @fatfingers

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,171 total)

You must be logged in to reply.