APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,170 replies, has 81 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 6 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 1,171 total)

• ccco USA Day 13 FD

Hi, everyone! Sorry to be checking in so late! I was able to read everyone’s posts and I am glad to see so many successes, For those who are struggling, I am there right with you. I have been failing my FDs lately due to stress eating! Ugh! I am not even hungry! Just keep eating! Today I think I have it under control, although I usually don’t stress eat until the evening. I’ve got my fingers crossed and I am focused! Exercise went well and I began a new plank. I will try to describe two planks I’ve been doing tomorrow when I have more time! 🙂 Have a great evening, everyone!

Day 13, UK, NFD

I was pleased to see the scales moved a little, in the right direction, this morning 🙂 . But if I’m honest I think that just the weight range thats been mentioned. Still, the direction is right and that’s what matters 😉

Congrats to all who are doing well, it feels good to share good vibes and happiness 😍 , keep it up everyone.
    And for those that are struggling remember it is just a little bump on the road 🙂 .
    Stay strong and you will thank yourself later some day.

I wonder where are our friends @bigviking and @coda, I hope you guys are ok!

I suppose this is a busy month for few other people here as well 🙂

Have a great weekend everyone, whatever you are doing 🤗

Day 14, Newcastle UK, ?

Day 14 UK NFD

Aiming for a very controlled day as the scales seem to have caught on to the idea of showing a lower weight than before!
    Good luck to all this weekend. Stay strong!

Day 14 – Japan – NFD 82.3kg (after two meals)

#24 done, 6 more fasts to get to 1/3 of my goal for 2018. I’m a bit behind.

Day 14, London, UK, NFD (CD)

I’m aiming to be super controlled today and stick to 1000cals, because yesterdays’ NFD, although not an EFS day, wasn’t made up of the best choices!!! Sometimes, only vast amounts of chocolate will do!!!!!

@shinything, I think April is proving to be a reset & restart month for a lot of us, so I’m just hoping, @coda, @bigviking & others are just practicing a little self-care & taking some time to get their heads back into this WOL.

It is health that is the real wealth, and not pieces of gold or silver” – Mohandas K. Ghandi

Day 14 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Drank more red wine than I should have last night and feeling a bit fragile this morning. Need to be more controlled over the rest of the weekend. Drink more water, drown that dragon!

Enjoy Saturday everyone.

Day 14 Belfast NFD
    Safely back to pre Easter weight as I embark on another week of festivities- wedding today and then a four day trip to my sisters. The challenge is now to be good! An unopened bag of wine gums sits in my cupboard. I’m not giving in ….

@gnsaway you’ve already taken the first step by saying ‘I’m determined to stop being fat.’ As an ex smoker myself, for me, this is by far harder because eating is such an integral part of life. But by reading all the success stories on this forum, you’re in the right place. Good luck on your journey.
    @onlyhermes – many here are well into their journey and started where you are now, so don’t lose heart. Read @fatrabbit’s journey and it will inspire you.
    Yes, @flourbaby. Thank you for sharing your mojo. Any variety helps! As you say, these grey days don’t help the motivation.
    @michelinme That’s a difficult one. Is your mum ill or just being organised? It will certainly pull at the heartstrings.
    @scribbleartist – well done you!
    @songbirdme – enjoy your proud moment listening to your DD’s performance
    @mjrbcd44 – I’m with you on the bouncing. My mojo has kinda come home so I hope yours follows too!
    Great post @basyjames. So true
    @daffodil enjoy every minute of your dad time.
    @flourbaby – I’m just wondering if those bunnies hopped into your trolley?
    @ Mishty – many congratulations on your stats

Off to paint the face and guild the lily. Have a good weekend everyone!

Day 14, Gozo Malta, nfd

Babysitting and keeping control over what I eat today. Have a great Saturday everyone.

Onwards and downwards.

Day 14 – London – FD

Day 14 – Iceland – FD

Day 14 Auckland NFD

Well Black Friday certainly lived up to its name… The day before, on my FD, I had to give a lecture at the university. At 9pm I found my way home via the fish and chip shop… So on Friday morning’s weigh in up I go. But that wasn’t the bad thing. I had a game of soccer with my Westie and he’s now hobbling around very gingerly. I think his cruciate ligament is ruptured which is a disaster since that means surgery and a three month rehab. We’re still homeless and we have so much on including out of town exhibitions… I guess I just have to cross each bridge as they come…Poor wee chap. He’s quite sad and doesn’t have his usual joie de vive. We’ll go off to the Vet next week.
    @CornishJane I had a look on the gallery website and they haven’t posted any images yet. I’ll let you know. Thanks for asking.

Congratulations one and all on the good work you are all doing.

Day 14 UK NFD

Yesterday was a controlled day and the scales rewarded me this morning with a 2lb loss, taking me back to pre Easter weight. @flourbaby, glad I didn’t see the reduced bunnies. My mind automatically insists half price means half calories. @debster251 enjoy the wedding. @merryapple, hope the doggie is ok. My shih tzu had cruciate trouble, obviously after wed stopped paying insurance as the premiums were excessive. The bank balance is still recovering.

Happy weekend everyone.

ccco USA Day 14 FD

Yesterday’s FD was a wash, so trying again! Stress eating at night is doing me in!! I got rid of all possible snacks and having a go at a 500 calorie FD today! Got my fingers crossed! Don’t know why I am having so much trouble. FDs weren’t a problem before and don’t want to lose all my wins! 🙁 Good luck to everyone today and if there is a struggling list, please put me on it!!

Day 14 – USA – NFD

Great FD yesterday, 495 cals. Made cream of carrot soup for the first time, which turned out to be my dinner, along with a fried peeled zucchini cut in slices and sprinkled with salt, pepper and olive oil cooking spray. Despite the good FDs, I seem to be holding onto water, as the scales showed a 1 lb. rise since yesterday, so remembering Dyask’s comment about a “range”, I guess I’m still in the range. Walked 40 minutes 2x this week around the park because the weather was nice. Still losing inches all over. If I could just lower my alcohol to 2x a week consistently, I would be meeting my April goals.

Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Enjoying the weekend with my Dad. Currently I am curled up in my big comfy chair while Dad and DH watch “Star Wars – the last Jedi”. All is warm and well with the world.

Have a good Saturday all. ☺️

Day 14 UK NFD

My partner has gone away for the weekend so I am alone with the kids. If I don’t survive the weekend it was nice meeting you all. I just need to try not to stress eat and go to my ‘happy place’ & all will be well. 😁

Day 14 UK CD

Made it to my early early start despite sleeping from 2am-6am – what is it with early starts and not sleeping?! Well worth it as I came home feeling reset, restored and inspired to be my best self. Sun shining in patches, feels as tho Spring has snuck past & we’ve got a foretaste of Summer.

Been trying on spring clothes in various sizes with strange results. Some of last year’s things don’t fit, some dresses fit that I last wore 5 years ago, and one thing I’ve just bought is too big?! I seem to be a different shape and it’s not all good. Going to send a couple of things to the charity shop, be more intentional about daily yoga and treat myself to a bra-fitting – time to get my foundations in order 😀

Day 14 NFD Oregon USA

Made it to Spokane.

Had a couple of late night beers after the long drive and feel icky this morning. Also ate candy on the drive which I haven’t really had so could be part as well.

Looking forward to a pleasant day exploring campus with #4 son.

“Have a 🔥 in your soul and grace in your ❤️.”

Slow day for me. Weigh in is tomorrow. A bit anxious on that.
    I tried to add NFD and FD to the spread sheet but was not able to type in the space.
    Anyone knows why?
    Have a great Saturday.

Day 14 – SW WA USA – NFD

Just lost a post on my phone so changing over to a computer.

@mjrbcd44 – enjoy Spokane! I didn’t realize you were headed there for the college visit. My adult children live there & my son works in the University District. I’m headed over there this summer when my final year with the school district wraps up.

@debster251 – Have a great time at the wedding!

@daffodil2010 – glad you’re enjoying the precious time with your dad!

@metatauta – those inches decreasing is definitely an encouragement on the journey.

Together we are stronger so I’m going to plan on keeping on even though the plateau I’m on is getting quite old. Some other scenery has to be in the offing.

Still going with the exercise….

Post more when I have proper WiFi? 🔇🔕📲

Mari

Day 14 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Today I stepped on the scale and saw another pound down, I keep going from 131lbs to 129lbs glad to see I am not going crazy and others and yo-yoing as well. Still going to work this WOL thru April in hope of a 5lbs loss at the end of the month. I am still pleasantly please with my journey so far. Hoping to start maintenance next month.

The best preparation for tomorrow is to be your best today. Have a great Saturday everyone.

Day 14, UK, NFD

Working day for me and then after work decided to have a couple of glasses of vino. It is weekend is my excuse 😀 . Glad I ate sensibly at least 🙂

@arelkade I hope your recover fully from your head cold very soon. I missed the first post of the day by you, and your positivity, hope you are well 🤗

@ccco you’ve been doing so well, don’t give up. Maybe try and relax in the evenings by finding something to watch, or read, or listening to music …. something thats calming for you? Whatever causing you stress needs to be addressed too. *Hugs*

@daffodil2010 reading about your time with your dad makes me feel all warm too 😊, enjoy.

@sarahbob it was nice meeting you too 😂 , but I hope to meet you again tomorrow or Monday 😀

@kaywesterman I just checked again and it shows that anyone who has the link can edit the spread sheet , so I don’t know why you can’t edit and add your details ☹

@diana123 happy to hear about your progress , thats really great 😀

Have a good evening everyone 🌼

Day 14, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

ccco USA Day 14 Was a FD!!

My FD fell apart again! Thank you, ShinyThing! I got some cds from the Outlander series. Maybe that will help! Tomorrow I will try again. If I could only get on a roll again. Then I think I would be back on track. I don’t want to lose all my gains!! Good luck everyone and I hope everyone is having a great weekend! 🙂

London UK day 15. NFD
    Can I start a picket lust for people who are struggling? I seem to be going backwards…
    @emma-taylor.

Day 13 Sarasota, Florida CD
    Day 14 CD Skipped lunch today so I could have ribs for dinner- a successful day.

Day 14 USA (Illinois) NFD

Traveled home from Texas just fine – lousy cold, rainy, windy weather here, but good to be home. I’m always curious when I’ve been away just how my home scale will show how I did. I always weigh in the morning, so will see tomorrow. I think I ate pretty healthily.

@mogaman -I’m with you about skipping meal(s) so I can eat something I really like. I am skipping supper because I had ribs at lunch in the Austin airport at Salt Lick. Very tasty, meaty, and the sauce was not sweet. Delish.

Onward and downward.

Day 15…NSW Australia…NFD (same for Day 14)
    11am on Sunday 15 April

Hi everyone. All your posts are very interesting – wish I could answer them all!

@annemarilyn , @cornishjane and @shinything : Thank you for your well wishes – much appreciated. I’m truly enjoying this WOL!

@daffodil : glad you are enjoying fun, precious times with your Dad this weekend. My Dad comes home each fortnight for 2 nights – he’s now in a nursing home and loves his time at home.

@flourbaby : enjoyed reading your link for the magnesium oil, and after reading it, I went and bought a ready-made bottle to try, with intention of buying magnesium flakes in the future to make my own!

Congrats to everyone, be you losing, gaining, plateauing or maintaining – this WOL is so flexible and fun, and it’s working for us; and the encouragement and support from reading your posts is amazing!

Off to enjoy my garden. Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

ccco USA Day 15 FD

Yes, Emma Taylor! Can you add me to you pocket list? I am struggling, too! We can struggle together!

Day 15, Gozo Malta, nfd

I’m going to Malta this morning with my husband. I’m already on the ferry.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Day 15, Cornwall UK, NFD

@sarahbob, my OH is also away this weekend and what did i do yesterday – ate 3 slices of buttered toast! We are doing 5:2 together so my slip up has made me realise how much he is helping me just by being around and keeping me on track. Healthy eating is definately a family thing.

Also a stress thing, as my cold has degenerated into a chest infection and I just want to slip back into my old bad eating habits for a bit of comfort. I am deluding myself about how long it will take to recover and continue with 5:2 properly.

I’m joining the struggling club! 🙊

@emma-taylor
    @ccco
    @cornish-jane

Day 15, Cornwall UK, NFD

Second post

Just read my post and want to add that I’m not giving up! I just have to get through a tricky few weeks….and I’ll be back on track. 💪

2nd post

Hi @cornish-jane
    Sad to hear you now have a chest infection – please get better real soon. Fortunately my head cold feels a lot better than a week ago – now have a ‘fuzzy head’ so still healing. I can relate to your food choices – when we are unwell, the comfort food dragon raises its head. Just go with it, feel better about it and get back into 5:2 when you can. Take care, drink lots of fluids, and have medication for relief of symptoms. I hope you are better soon!

Day 15 UK NFD

Aim to remain controlled today despite visiting son for dinner and probably wine…did I say probably???
    But intend B2B days tomorrow and Tuesday. Half way through the month and the target loss is looming large… too large by far! Will really buckle down for the rest of the month. That’s the plan anyway…
    Enjoying all the posts and encouragement in this great forum. !

Day 15, London, UK, FD,

So yesterday, again, wasn’t as controlled as I would have liked, so today will be a FD to make up for the indulgences (@saffy420 the bunnies were a BIG mistake ………. ½ calorie …….if only!!), so it’s 3:4 this week with my usual B2B2B Tues – Thurs.

Wow @debster251, I can’t even imagine the willpower required to have a bag of winegums in the cupboard; I would imagine I could smell them through the kitchen door, the cupboard door & the packaging, or hear them calling my name ….…………. and then give in & scoff the lot!!!!! And, yes there were bunnies, lots of them in the trolley, only 2 in my tummy though, which isn’t as good as it sounds, ‘cause each little bunny was 150+cals each!!!!! I could have had an entire lovely meal for that!!!!! Much the same as that 500+ calorie bag of winegums!!!!! Empty, empty calories!!!!!

@sarahbob, are you surviving??? I’m picturing you sitting in a little bubble of Zen calm, sipping peppermint tea as your kids run around in circles leaving mayhem and destruction in their wake …………………………… am I close???

@mogaman & @songbirdme, similarly, I skipped dinner on Friday because I had already eaten several chocolate bunnies!!!! I think I would have preferred ribs though …………………… good choice!!!!!

Still sticking to Arid-April – I had to avoid the wine aisle in the supermarket and decline a dinner invitation yesterday to do it …………………. I know my limits…………. But I’m still on that particular wagon!!!!

Keep the faith people!!!!!!

Day 15, Newcastle UK, FD

OH and I had a brilliant day out in The Toon yesterday, visiting a museum, a few bars, a mexican restaurant and another bar. After 4 straight days of rotten weather we were feeling a little stir crazy and yesterday was a great day, weatherwise too. The scales show the damage but it was worth it. Today is the beginning of a new week, the Easter holidays are definitely over – the last of the hot cross buns finished. Not to mention the wine. With a full week of activities ahead and wonderful weather forecast, surely I can get my backside into gear at last. It’s been a long winter but Spring has finally arrived.

@merryapple – best wishes for your little chap – hope he’s a little happier today.
    @ccco, @emma-taylor & @cornish-jane – let this be the beginning of the end of our struggles – we CAN do this.
    Congratulations @metatauta – you’re on a roll with those FDs. Let this be the week we get the demon drink under control.

I don’t know who wrote this but it feels like a good quote to start the week with.

“We are human. We are not perfect. We are alive. We try things. We make mistakes. We stumble. We fall. We get hurt. We rise again. We try again. We keep learning. We keep growing. And…..we are thankful for this priceless opportunity called life.”

Day 15 – Iceland – FD

My planned FD turned into EFS yesterday evening… and the scales are up 1kg since yesterday😧 I am really going backwards, undoing last month’s success🙈
    Today I am hitting the reset button yet again! Today WILL be a good FD and for the next two weeks I will not let the sugar dragon sabotage my NFDs. 🐉🚫

I too am joining the struggling club! Onwards and downwards! 💪

@emma-taylor
    @ccco
    @cornish-jane
    @borealis

Day 15 – Dubai – FD#5

Scales say I’ve dropped 2.4 pounds since April 1st – hey, I’ll take it! Keep up the good work everybody.

“Three months from now, you’ll thank yourself.”

Day 15 UK NFD

had a little too much wine last night but managed to keep within calories expended as per Fitbit (always my goal at the weekend). I tried Konjac rice last night, it was on a special offer in the supermarket. Thanks to some tips from here I washed it in cold water to take away the smell. I didn’t tell my OH he wasn’t eating real rice and I thought I’d got away with it 🙂, unto about half way through when he realised he wasn’t eating rice. I don’t think I’ll repeat the experiment , I think I’d rather do without rice altogether on a meal than eat it again.

Sunday lunch later with mum n dad so anouther round of wine drinking🍷. It’s what weekends are for😀.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Day 15 – UK – NFD

Yeah! Completed the 10k in under 70 minutes (only by 20 seconds but yeah!). So that’s the good news! Other good news is I’ve had a great week – yeah!

Frustrating news…. the scales are going backwards – Boooooo! Frustrating as I’m not quite sure why. I was a Slimming World member for many years before trying this WOL and would get on the scales, put on weight and say ‘I don’t know why!’ – but really I probably did! But this week I really don’t know why they’re going the wrong way – AGGHHH! So….

I too am joining the struggling club! Onwards and downwards! 💪

@emma-taylor
    @ccco
    @cornish-jane
    @borealis
    @toddybear

Day 15 – USA – NFD
    Made low carb chicken kung pao and low carb chicken curry yesterday….ate all 4 servings last night of the kung pao….got the recipes from Keto Connect. Up 1 lb. this morning, whoops. Got up in the middle of the night twice to drink water, lol!

For all those struggling, hang in there! It’s a marathon. For those who are sick, hope you feel better. Spring weather has a way of messing up the respiratory system sometimes.

Day 15 USA (Illinois) NFD

My home scale wasn’t particularly kind…likely too much red wine out with DD’s in Texas! The couple extra pounds will eradicate themselves quickly, I pray!

Onward and downward.

Day 15….Florida…..CD

Okay, I’ve decide that I’m just going to try for a controlled day, see if I can waddle my way into a FD. Right now, Imjust finally enjoying some relaxing time out on the patio before the rain comes in. It seems like this is the first time, I’ve done this since getting home.
    I have tomorrow off but a dentist appt and Trader Joe’s will take me into the real world so to speak.

So, my plans for today are to knock out some of these house hold chores, re read the 5:2 basics and formulate a plan to get back on track!

Okay, I’m off

Your riding a horse at full speed, a giraffe is next to you and a lion is chasing you….
    What do you do?
    You get your drunk ass off the carousel!

@shinything I just checked and was able to log on. Thanks for checking.

Weighed in today. Awesome the scale moved to a negative. 🙂 I was worried as I haven’t been able to get a lot of walking in due to problems with walking. Today is an NFD but will continue to monitor my portions. #excited!

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Just checking in. I have dropped Dad home and now have the house to myself so plan to relax with the Sunday newspapers and a glass of chilled white wine.

Enjoy the rest of your day everybody ☺️

Day 15 UK CD

Yesterday was more of a Feast Day, went over TDEE by c200 calories so keeping a better eye today. Took a couple of apples, carrots & hard boiled eggs out with me this morning but not cheese or bread.

Stayed out longer than planned but ate my packed lunch & had coffee with a couple of young friends one after the other, catching up with their news and listening to their issues. A pretty full-on day, but worth it. Got stuck in the rain and on transport on the way home with engineering works & closed stations, treated myself to a free soya milk hot chocolate – a well spent 250 calories.

Feeling a little better/fitter & less anxious but the fact that I have to go out Again tomorrow makes me mindful of good self-care. Need to get some yoga & physio done ahead of prep for tomorrow and another extra early night. Definitely eed to stop avoiding a particular piece of admin and DO something – work out first step, or even try to work out why I’m so anxious about it.

Going to spend a bit of time experimenting with cauliflower & sprout curry for the next few FDs, and making a small low carb, sugar-& gluten-free birthday cake for colleague ahead of a teatime meeting tomorrow. Usual Monday FD for me, around an unusually full day.

@cornish_jane hang in there, hope you feel better v soon x
    @bert1802 good luck at the dentist tomorrow
    @toddybear congratulations on your 10k!!
    @strawberriesandcream loved the quote, thank you

Day 15 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Dad was rushed into hospital by ambulance yesterday with chest and stomach pains. He looked dreadful and I really feared the worst but 24 hours of being on intravenous antibiotics and he seems brighter. Early diagnosis is severe gallbladder infection but needs further investigation so he will be in hospital for a while. Today I’m battling the stress comfort eating dragon and her red wine drinking sister 😕

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 1,171 total)

You must be logged in to reply.