Any Plant Based / Vegan People Following 5:2?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
Any Plant Based / Vegan People Following 5:2?

This topic contains 51 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Kayjasdes 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)

• Ive recently converted to an almost vegan diet. I do eat eggs. Am coeliac and dairy intolerant. Great way to eat I’ve never felt so well.

I understand this is a very old thread. I’m replying for new reads… I was a new- read. Anyway, I’m combining whole foods plant based McDougall Diet with 5:2. I was losing weight after transitioning to the McDougall diet ,but I was tired and miserable from over eating constantly. Just generally not having the self control to not eat myself asleep is my reason for combining. I need the structure because I can’t say no to food. My fast days are zero calories. Weight loss moved from 3lbs/wk to 7 lbs a week for me. It’s been pretty consistent the last few weeks. I’m fairly lazy as well so I generally make a huge pot of beans and rice. Throw in tumeric and black pepper. After it’s done finely dice garlic- raw and throw it in salsa- grab some tortilla chips. Eat chips and salsa and beans and rice. Lots of taco salads and nachos. Sometimes a couple banana smoothies with a handfull of blueberries thrown in and repeat. That is pretty much all the time. When I crave junk, those days I’ll eat nothing but junk and take a multivitamin. That could be an entire cake or pie and a couple bags of potato chips. I just don’t eat normal food with my junk and do that on a feast day. Two days later in am when I weigh after fasting, I’m pretty consistently 2 or 3 pounds lighter even after entire cake days…

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply.