Amazing April – 2024 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 253 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  FUNSHIPFREDDIE 1 hour, 42 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 254 total)

• Day 16 – 2nd Post

Just tidying up a messy pocket list. Who says I have OCD? 😅

@ccco – that’s what I drink too – the caffeine/sugar free coke. Usually no more than a small glass per day though. We also have a low-kilojoule cream soda that’s really good too.

Pocket List Day 16 💪
    @jaifaim CD
    @brightonbelle FD800
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @ccco

Day 17 – NFD – South Africa 🇿🇦 77.5
    @merry🍎 happy birthday, may you have a wonderful day. Wishing you a year with laughter, joy and love 🎂🎊🎉.

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@merryapple – 🎵 Happy Birthday to You!! 🎶 🎉🎈🎊🥳️ 💐 🥂 I hope you have/had a lovely day. I deliberately omitted the cake emoji, let’s not get carried away 😅

@stitchincarol – hoping you’re much closer to that 160 this morning🤞 That voice in our head never stops when it comes to food/choices. Always prattling away, trying to sabotage our resolve. That’s where the planning can make things so much easier, so we can tell the voice to take a hike & stick to the plan. Not so easy when we’re away from home though.

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Pocket List – Day 17 🍌
    @at

Day 17 – Ireland – CD – 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Hola everyone and happy birthday @merryapple!!! 🎈🎈🎈
    One of my best friends also celebrates today so I’ll have some cake for you 😁. Bravo to you on the ascent 🐐 and enjoy the company of friends.

@brightonbelle you are so right… posting can be just the one thing you don’t get to do in these busy days of ours 😬… maybe people feel they need to write lots And respond to people but a short check in is also perfect! 💕 I know I flit between both types of post. Sometimes I’m just not chatty… sometimes I am… sometimes I force myself to post so that I keep the faith – whatever works for you all. But hello to all out there 👋

Ok, on that note that is all from me today.. I’m dealing with an emotive situation in work and it’s taking up a lot of my headspace.

Be well everyone and thanks to whoever popped me on the pocket list yesterday… I wasn’t having a FD but in the end it was such a good CD it was pretty much a FD800.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 17-No. VA USA- FD 800

Checking for accountability, as we say. Happy Birthday, @merryapple. Loved your story of leaving the young artist breathless at the top of the mountain!
    Well done, @ccco; persistence is key.
    Regarding fizzy waters, I have never really cared for diet colas, but I do like plain water like Perrier or San Pellegrino, but also like diet tonic water and recently, “hop water”, which is no calorie, non alcoholic but tastes like beer. Oddly refreshing. Feels very naughty to drink at work, also…whatever passes the time…
    As @jaifaim says, “Onward and downward”!

Day 17 UK f800

Delighted to see the scales heading in the right direction, just have to stay focused 💪

Thank you for tidying up @funshipfreddie , if only you could pop round and do a few of my chores 😃🧹🧼

Hope that work situation gets resolved @jaifaim

How accurate was your prediction @stitchincarol ?

Happy birthday 🎈💐🎉🎉🗻 @merry🍎

Still hoping a few more regulars will pop by soon ? @at @daffodil2010 and @flourbaby spring to mind

Pocket list day 17 😻

@excelsior12309
    @brightonbelle

Day 17 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 230 lbs. Too many bad carbs yesterday and it made me ravenous. I knew better, but did it anyway. No soft drinks, but I did have a glass of sweet tea. And CAKE… and with chips and a sandwich, that was just the lunch (instead of the nice salads we had last time). At home that evening was mom’s home cooking from yesterday. With a 4-lb. gain, it is mostly water, and my weight is sitting right on the line with the 220s. I was planning on a FD500, but I think I may attempt a WFD today instead. There may be an opportunity to do an OMAD and/or FD500 tomorrow, too… so, the week could still turn out successful!

Pocket list day 17 😻

@excelsior12309
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Good grief, after 3 years ………………..I’m buying a house🥳🥳 …………………… unfortunately it’s going to cost close to the GDP of Tuvalu!!!!!😱

Updates coming soon, promise!

USA. Day 17. FD

Finally, my weight is moving down again! Thank goodness!

ocket list day 17 😻

@excelsior12309
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Congratulations, Flourbaby, on buying a new house! NorthGeorgia, I understand that sometimes we just succumb. Sometines I do that and realize I was burning out dieting so much! Brightenbelle, good for you with the scales. I am glad I am right there with you! Happy Birthday, Merryapple!🍦🍰

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 162.2

I was spot on with my prediction yesterday since I ended up needing (long story, but truly) to change it to a day with food; I know my body well enough to know it would be down another few ounces if I hadn’t eaten the 650 calories I had yesterday. This morning I already have 4K steps and 102 zone minutes as DH wanted to mow, but there were a zillion sticks to pick up so I spent those 102 minutes doing that and other stuff. I learned years ago that he’s content to get “the grass” short; I want “a lawn” with neat and tidy edges, so I have to be part of mowing–picking up sticks, pulling up errant tufts of grass next to a brick edging, raking wood mulch back into the flower beds and last fall’s remaining leaves away from the fence to be mowed up, etc.–if I’m going to be entirely pleased. 😂😂 My legs are like wet noodles, and my arms aren’t far behind, but I’m feeling quite happy and content that I got to work in the yard, and it looks fabulous out there. 😇❤️

So here it is 10:30 and I’m only now sitting down to my first cup of coffee; I will certainly savor it!

@funshipfreddie I love your word choice of the voice in my head “prattling.” Yup. Given the options available to me, I made two perfect choices yesterday when I needed to get food in me, but later made a 90 calorie not-so-good choice…that voice was prattling!

@excelsior12309 I’ll have to watch for hop water–I think I’ve seen it. My favorite is Spindrift, a carbonated water with actual fruit juice in it, so calories of between 9 and 25, depending on which fruit. The pineapple is blissful; the lemon and lime are perfect for when you want SOMETHING but are trying to make good choices.

YAY @flourbaby! Looking forward to the updates when you have a spare moment!

Okay, I’m going to sit and do nothing but savor my coffee and slowly get my heart beat down to its post-workout speed, LOL! Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket list day 17 😻

@excelsior12309
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Second post

@merryapple Again, happy birthday! I’m formatting your bread recipe to print it, and realized the one thing in your recipe that has me clueless is what you mean by “strong flour.” Do you mean rye or buckwheat, etc.? Or bread flour as opposed to all purpose? Or…? Thanks!

Day 18 Auckland FD 75.2kg

What a lovely birthday I’ve had. Thank you for all the good wishes. The day began with a saunter up Mt Eden because we were accompanied by three West Highlanders, a Schnauzer and their humans. Then off to a cafe for a large cheese scone, which @jaifaim I probably enjoyed more than cake!! I hope your friend had a happy day too. My Texan friend came over with a gift of gun oil, much to my amusement. I needed some for a wee bit of rust on my grandfather clock pendulum not for my non existent gun!! Someone else gave me a solid cone of birdseed with a wire through the center to hang on a tree and you can watch the birds feeding. Those were my two favourite presents if you’re allowed to have favourites!!!
    I cooked for my house guest at a very late hour last night. She is under weight naturally and a poor student so I always feel obliged to make proper two course meals for her which I don’t need, so my weight is up this morning… Still it’s a FD today so things will sort out.
    @ccco That’s wonderful news. Well done on keeping everything going! What a good reward😁
    @stitchincarol Welcome back! A baby Mae cuddle sounds gorgeous and the other wee one wanting grandma to stay💔
    Strong flour has a higher protein content and is designed for baking bread. In NZ it has slightly more gluten at around 11-12% whereas regular flour has around 9-10%. Some people add gluten flour in to up the bread’s ‘strength’.
    @flourbaby CONGRATULATIONS!! Hope you were intimating you got a bargain!! Tuvalu’s GDP isn’t great as it is one of the first of the Pacific Islands to be swamped by rising water/ weather events 2ndary to global warming… But I think I catch your drift!!!
    @brightonbelle I need to channel the @funshipfreddie sparking joy cleaning system too!!! I can never quite get ahead of the game.
    Ooh @excelsior12309 I prefer water/ fizzy water too but hop water… I have not clocked this… we grow plenty of hops in this country so I must keep an eye out!
    @northgeorgia Good on you. It sounds like you’re getting it together!!!💪
    @funshipfreddie I didn’t make a cake in part because my last one went mouldy…
    But also my aunt has died (early dementia, just stopped eating) and her funeral is tomorrow. I’m flying to Hawkes Bay and will meet up with my brother and family. We drive back to Auckland after the weekend and then we’ll eat cake!!
    @leoniraats Your mojo is stellar 💪😀💪 and you’re on my tail!!! Well done you!! I do think that with regular exercise I am changing shape because I have just ditched another couple of pairs of too baggy jeans… I measure myself every 5kg loss so when I get to 70kg all will be revealed!!
    @daffodil2010, @fastingnurse, @penz, @at and all the others, I hope you are still reading the posts and as @jaifaim says a short and sweet post is perfect as is a ramble!!
    If anyone needs to, remember to “declare it for accountability”, draw a line in the sand and move forward 👋😀👋
    I’ve got to get ready for the art fair. I have a full load of washing on the line and it looks like it might rain🙁. I leave the house at 9am tomorrow…

Steely RESOLVE!!

POCKET LIST💫
    @merry🍎

Day 18 – FD – South Africa 🇿🇦 77.2
    Good morning everyone.

@merry🍎 glad you had a fabulous birthday. Oh don’t mind the birthday treats. You are working hard. You’ll achieve your goalbefore you know it.

POCKET LIST💫
    @merry🍎
    LeoniRaats

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@merryapple – so sorry to hear about your aunt passing; safe travels…

@flourbaby – congratulations! 🥳️ 🏡

A couple of health-related articles from the UK Mail:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13318667/The-habits-add-decades-life-ones-shorten-quiz-adding-subtracting-lifespan.html#socialLinks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13314069/The-15-revolutionary-tiny-tweaks-turbocharge-health-simple-way-lose-half-stone-tricks-slash-risk-cancer.html

Let’s get this done Thursday fasters! 💪 🎯

Pocket List – Day 18 💫
    @merry🍎
    @leoniraats
    @funshipfreddie

Day 18 – Ireland – FD – 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

@merryapple!!! I’m so glad you had a such a special day! Like you I love those practical but super thoughtful gifts 🎁
    I am so sorry to hear that your aunt has passed away. My thoughts are with you.. 💕💕

@flourbaby hurrah that’s absolutely wonderful news!!! 🥳🏡 🎉
    Thrilled for you! We can’t wait to hear where you’ve bought.

@brightonbelle thanks so much! it’s a tricky and sad situation to manage at work with one of the people who works for me. But we will work through it. 💕 I was just thinking the same re: @funshipfreddie’s cleaning skills 🧽

@excelsior12309 hop water sounds so interesting! I’d love to try it 👍

@northgeorgia well done on avoiding the fizzy drinks! Focus on the positives! 💪💪 @ccco makes a good point. These things happen.

@stitchincarol ha ha.. we all know that feeling following someone around after they have done a “great” job 😂😂

I honestly think I’m having one of my toughest weeks ever generally although I think I’m in a good headspace to deal with all that’s coming at me. Thankfully. 🥰

@leoniraats, @funshipfreddie and @merryapple I’m with you today. I need this good FD for mind and body 🤩💪🙏

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 18 💫
    @merry 🍎
    @leoniraats
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim

Day 18-No. VA USA-NFD

Weight continues to go downward, though slowly; but better than going up!
    @flourbaby, congratulations on your new house. That is a big deal! Much excitement ahead for you.

@stitchincarol, this year, I have let the garden and “lawn” go to seed. That is, I never got up the steam to pull up the weeds near the edges of the flower beds. So I was rewarded with a beautiful carpet of tiny purple flowers for weeks (called “creeping Charlie”). Easy to pull up, but very persistent. It actually was lovely around the daffodils and other spring bulbs. I have fought it for years and this year, I gave up and enjoyed it. Don’t we say a weed is a plant growing in the wrong place?

@funshipfreddie, interesting articles. I think the ones about reducing cancer risk by changing behaviors are thought provoking; but I wonder how far along in life you must be before a change is too late to change the trajectory? Also, I feel like doing Wordle every day can be so annoying, it surely must shorten one’s life!

We have such a supportive group here. I wonder what is up with our Hawaiian friend, @maui. We have not heard from her in a while.
    Happy fasting!

Day 18 – USA/GA – ?FD?

Weigh-in: 226 lbs. The scales did flash 225.8 lbs for a couple of seconds this morning, but it seemed to be stuck at 226 when I retried. So, although I want a little win, it doesn’t feel like an earned victory just yet.

I have nothing on my calendar for today, so that can be opportunistic, but can turn dangerous. I’m going into the day as a FD. Not sure if a WFD or a FD500. But anything could happen during the course of the day. Let’s just say I won’t give myself the tools to sabotage it willingly. I have my emergency “kit” at work if things turn sour health-wise. My plan is to go OMAD if bad things happen. So complete failure is going to be minimized today… in other words, come on 225…get in here! LOL

Pocket List – Day 18 💫
    @merry 🍎
    @leoniraats
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia

Day 18 UK f800

Very frustrating day had to let DH travel to see his parents alone this morning as I needed to have an important dental appointment only for it to be cancelled 😡 just hoping I can get another soonish 🤞

I too am moving slowly @excelsior12309 but still a result

Can’t wait to hear more @flourbaby and good to have you back

Wet noodle arms – what a vivid image you conjured up @stitchincarol hope you are fully recovered

Sounds like a great birthday @merry🍎 so sorry to hear about your loss

Always good to have options @northgeorgia

Right we’ve got this 💪
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 18 💫
    @merry 🍎
    @leoniraats
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle

USA. Day 18. FD

Pocket List – Day 18 💫
    @merry 🍎
    @leoniraats
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

I keep searching for things to say, but I’m just not chatty this morning–mark your calendars, everyone, because that’s a rarity! 😂🤣😂😉

@ccco How lovely that your weight is moving down again!

@merryapple Thanks for the clarification on “strong” flour, what we call bread flour here in the States. My condolences on the passing of your aunt.

@jaifaim I hope the week calms down for you and the situation with the person who works for you gets resolved well.

@excelsior12309 What a lovely attitude to allow yourself to enjoy Creeping Charlie–it is the bane of my existence, as it never gets eradicated! On lovely days in the summer, you can often find me sitting on the lawn–well, the green stuff comprised of weeds and grass, LOL–pulling up the Creeping Charlie and making a huge pile of it; it’s a pleasant way to spend a half hour. 😂 And, WELL done on behavior that’s producing results!

@northgeorgia Ooooh, so tantalizingly close!

Oh, @brightonbelle, that has to be beyond irritating and frustrating and aggravating! How’s your FIL doing?

@funshipfreddie Just read the two articles and found them fascinating. “Activity Snacking” and the benefit to weight loss of exercising early in the day were particularly thought provoking. Thanks for sharing!

I’ve been doing decently at knitting a row each day on DH’s fair isle, and even took it along to Indiana and managed to knit there most days, although holding one of the granddaughters always took precedence over knitting, LOL. The coffee is brewing right now, and I think I’ll knit a little with my first cup of coffee; that sounds rather blissful to me.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 18 💫
    @merry 🍎
    @leoniraats
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 19 Havelock North, Hawkes Bay 75kg🏃🏼‍♀️

I had a great day/evening at the Art Fair, which was a big gossipy catch up with people from far and wide! I had a glass of champagne with the Minister of Arts who is a wee bit out of his depth in an overtly knowledgeable art crowd!! I asked him if he’s sorted out tax breaks yet so I can give some institutional quality works to the public galleries… Next I went to Artspace for a cultural blessing and a vegetarian dinner. Then home to pack and spend time with my student.
    So here am I sitting in the provinces at a cafe basking in the sun before I head off to the church…
    Go well everyone! This month is not my finest regarding weight loss but I am eating and exercising well… Having family to stay for a week won’t help and I’ll need to employ
    Steely RESOLVE!!
    Love the wet noodle arms metaphor!@stitchincarol

Day 19 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 70.0 kg

Despite a stellar FD & clocking +10,500 steps, I seem to have had the opposite of a whoosh. What would you call that? A ‘bloop’ maybe? Anyway, I’m still on track 🎯

@excelsior12309 – they seem to use that phrase, “it’s never too late…” for many issues related to improving health & quality of life, e.g. exercising, quitting smoking, eating better, etc. But there are so many variables, & it seems to be the luck of the draw in many cases. I think we’ve all known people who broke all the ‘rules’ & lived a long life. You’re not a Wordle fan?! 😂 I love it – got in 2 attempts today. Although it can be really frustrating sometimes. I think they had ‘VOILA’ recently; which isn’t even English! I like Sudoku & ‘Words with Friends’ too.

@stitchincarol – ‘exercising early in the day’. Urgh?! Never going to happen 😅 I love my lazy mornings, taking my first coffee back to bed, listening to the radio & snuggling up with Boo Boo. And doing the Wordle puzzle, of course 😃

Busy Busy, Happy Fri-yay everyone 🍹

Pocket List – Day 19 🥕
    @at

Day 19-No. VA USA-FD

Doing a fast day today as I must meet up with family to celebrate a birthday tomorrow with a museum visit and then a tapas dinner. No weight loss this morning. Still, a pretty good month so far.

@funshipfreddie, I have a similar morning routine to yours. Must have coffee. Let dogs out to run around. And I do the Wordle every day. Some days I am so smart! And some days, not so good. I guess my problem is I read the part that says “Do you want the Wordle to analyze how you did?” and it is frequently rather snide, shall we say? And why do I care what it says about my effort?! But I still do it!

My maternal grandfather was one of those people who lived to be 84, a three pack a day smoker! But, in fact, he did die of lung cancer…

Pocket list–day 19
    @at
    @excelsior12309

Day 19 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 229 lbs. Oops, I did forget there was an event yesterday, and a pizza party with cookies followed. It felt right to celebrate with students, so I fell headlong into the carb trap, which made me hungry for supper, too. Ah well, we’ll start again on Sunday.

Day 19 – Ireland – FD 800 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

@brightonbelle I’m sorry that your day was messed up yesterday and such a shame not to have been able to travel with your DH. Thinking of you and hoping his father is stable /improving💕
    @merryapple!!! What a fabulous evening you had and I’m sure your Arts Minister can learn a lot from you… I hope the day and your trip home went well 💕

@funshipfreddie I saw your post when I got back from a very early spin at 06.30🌅🚴 and smiled 😀😀. Your mornings sound sooo relaxing… I like both types of morning depending on how I’m feeling 😃. I’ve also had a bloop… annoying but reality. 🎯

@excelsior12309 I’m also having a preventative FD 800 today… I feel slimmer and fitting my gorgeous vintage trousers well (got back into them last year at my ATL – now they feel looser but I’m heavier )👍

@stitchincarol thank you! I’m glad it’s Friday and time to take some time out… next week will be busy so rest and recharge time now. 🧘‍♀️ that was a chatty “non chatty” day – love it 🥰🥰
    Your coffee and knit break sounds blissful – I hope you enjoyed. I’ve no idea what Creeping Charlie is so off to look that up now… always learning.

Ok everyone, second last weekend of Amazing April… let it not derail us 💪💫

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 19
    @at
    @excelsior12309
    @jaifaim FD800

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 160.8

Yesterday went fine and was able to remain a WF. The cycle for several months now has been that I have a good week of disciplined eating, and then I have social events and undo the progress I started. I think–THINK–I can have next week entirely to myself, so perhaps I can get back to the 158-159 range and actually stay there. We’ll see what transpires. I’m working hard–well, THINKING hard–about what I will and won’t eat over the next several days.

@merryapple Your morning (?) at the cafe basking in the sun so resonated with me; sounds lovely as did your day/evening at the art fair!

@funshipfreddie Hmmm…did you have extra sodium that you weren’t aware of? Very odd indeed. I too love sudoku, but have given up my interest in Wordle and have never enjoyed Words with Friends. But solitaire?? There, I am an EXPERT. I love my daily dose of solitaire, and tell myself it’s excellent mental training. 😂💪🤔😁

@excelsior12309 Yeah, my mom lived to 96, as did several of my grandparents (and greats) on her side; not so much on my dad’s side. DH’s mom is 94, so we both have some longevity in our genes.

@jaifaim I’ve learned over the years that with weight changes, it takes time for the size of our body to adjust. So, gain ten pounds now, but it’ll be several months before clothes get truly snug; lose ten pounds now, but it’ll be several months before clothes get truly loose. Thus, I’m not surprised your vintage trousers (and don’t those sound LOVELY!) are looser than they were at your ATL.👍

So, everyone, is “wet noodle arms/legs” not a common phrase to you all? It’s perfectly common here in the States, so I was startled by two comments about it. It’s a great description, though, isn’t it?

Tonight, we’re going out to dinner. It’s been too long since we’ve had a lovely evening out; the only question is exactly where we’ll go. I’m looking forward to it, even though the weather isn’t going to be nice/warm enough to choose the restaurant where we’d sit on a covered patio overlooking a lake–that’s possibly my favorite place. There are still lots to choose from, so the only requirement I’m setting myself is that I eat minimally (if even at all????? Hmmmm…) until we get to the restaurant.

Have a grand one, everyone! I’m about to pour a cup of coffee and knit for a bit. And, I’m in awe of Friday fasters!

Pocket List – Day 19
    @at
    @excelsior12309
    @jaifaim FD800

USA. Day 19. FD

Well, I weighed myself today and it turns out all I did is re-lose the weight I gained, so I am back to where I was when I had the first good weight loss. I am going to call that a win and I hope I can go down from there.

FUNSHIPFREDDIE, Excelsior12309, and all those who enjoy that all important relaxing cup of coffee in the morning, I am right there with you! God forbid I should ever run out of coffee!!!

Merryapple, your arts evening sounds wonderful. I have done the same in the past at one of the museums here and I loved it. Basking in the sun at a cafe at the beach is wonderful, too.

Now to get back on that pocket list!!

Pocket List – Day 19
    @at
    @excelsior12309
    @jaifaim FD800
    @ccco

Have a great day today! As for me, I am having that relaxing cup of coffee right now! 😊

Day 19 – NFD – South Africa
    Hi all, hope everyone is doing ok.
    I have a Government deadline end April so won’t be on here much but will try and update the tracker as much as possible. Daily if I can.
    I will stay with my Monday & Thursday FDs.
    Wishing everyone well over the next few days.

USA. Day 19. Second Post

Today went excellently. It went so well that I just made a new promise to myself. I just read an article on caffeine free diet coke. I drink that heavily but never saw any damages for that. The article I just read said that there are problems drinking that much and that can mess with your metabolism, causing you to actually gain weight. Well, that didn’t rub me right. I will do anything to lose weight, so as of right now, the coke is gone. Fortunately, I was just running out. I could save myself a small fortune not buying it! I will let you all know how my experiment goes.

Hope everyone had a lovely day! 🌈

Second post

@ccco I just saw your post in my email–how fascinating! I hope eliminating it from your diet gives you excellent results!

Day 20 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@excelsior12309 – I never ask Wordle to analyse how I did. I’m just relieved if I crack it. Ignorance is bliss 😅

@stitchincarol – yes, I did have extra sodium – on all 3 NFDs. I can’t claim I wasn’t aware of it though, because I was munching salted peanuts 🤦‍♂️ No more! Another FD tomorrow. Is Solitaire a card game? I used to play that years ago, with a regular deck of cards though.

A friend recently recommended a Netflix show – ‘You are what you eat’ – “Identical twins change their diets and lifestyles for eight weeks in a unique scientific experiment designed to explore how certain foods impact the body”. I haven’t started watching it yet, but then I already know I’m a salted peanut 🥜

Does anyone want a cat? I just came out of the bathroom to find a trail of blood through the house, feathers all over the bedroom, & a large dead bird under the bed 🤯

Michael Mosley’s column from the UK Mail:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13327335/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-Sitting-naked-sauna-WONT-detox-body-make-50-cent-likely-die-heart-attack.html

Have a good weekend everyone 🌤🌈

Day 20 – Ireland – CD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.

I had my best FD in ages and on a Friday. That may be a first… Super impressed with myself. 🥳

@stitchincarol 😂😂 I still don’t know what “wet noodle arms/legs” mean… I have imagined lots but haven’t looked that up yet 😂😂
    I hope you enjoyed your night out and whatever yummy choices you make.
    Ok just looked it up 🍜 … LOL! Definition: Someone who is weak or lack vigour – I was thinking hot and sticky from all the yard work 😂😂😂

@ccco that’s a win 🥇and super decision on cutting the soda! @northgeorgia and you will see marked differences soon too I’m sure having been off them for a while now 👌

@funshipfreddie oh no! 🐦 🐱🥴 Funny a friend just recommended that show to me. We know this of course but this experiment is said to ve super interesting so will take a look

@leoniraats we’ll pop you on the pocket lists those days 🤩 All the best with the deadline and see you when you next have time to check in.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Second post…
    Weekly weigh in today..152.8 lbs
    A new ATL ♥️
    Hurrah! I’ve had that whoosh that has been eluding me for so long… but this has been worked hard for so I’m revelling in this little burst of self pride. 😍🥰💫
    It just proves… never give up the efforts and the hope.
    Now to stay in my new range. 🙏

Day 20 UK NFD

I too had an unexpected blip on the scales on Friday , so did I treat it as just one of those things , it’ll right it’s self or did I go on a binge eating all the stuff I’ve been avoiding for months , I think you know the answer , anyway my common sense has returned it was only a day still time to put things right 💪

Both in laws are comfortable and cheery in separate hospitals but MIL is going to be moved to a Palliative care facility so things are a bit up in the air

Those special cat gifts can be grim @funshipfreddie Thank goodness your so good at cleaning 🧽

Sounds ominous @leoniraats Take care and see you soon

Fabulous result @jaifaim 💪 inspiring me to get back on the waggon quickly

Have a great Saturday all 😻

Day 20 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 232 lbs. But no sleep last night due to some family drama, making me an impromptu driver early this morning on an outing. Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow’s FD.

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

We ended up going to Olive Garden last night; is that a restaurant you all know? It’s Italian, it’s a HUGE chain here in the States, and it’s generally packed with couples, families, old people, and friends, so it’s not a quiet place. We ordered the breaded and fried calamari for an appetizer (plenty of calories but oh-so-yummy) and I had a salad, a single breadstick (they’re unlimited, as is the salad, so that was serious restraint I showed, LOL), and shrimp scampi, which was about 500 calories according to the menu. And I couldn’t finish it after all the salad and calamari, so we brought home the remainder. It was a lovely dinner, and although my weight shot up this morning, good behavior today will help restore a nicer weight tomorrow morning.

Okay, wet noodle: yes, it can refer to someone with no backbone, but it can also be used to describe your legs/arms when they’re so very tired that just standing and asking your legs to hold you up feels like an effort, when your arms are so tired that reaching out to open a door feels like over-exertion. When they’re so tired, they’re limp, like a wet noodle. There: Carol the definition-writer’s definition. 😇😁

@leoniraats I hope that government deadline project goes well for you!

@funshipfreddie I’m astonished you haven’t played solitaire on your laptop. My husband used to tease me that it appeared the only point of my computer/laptop was so I could play solitaire. The classic game played with actual cards is called Klondike by Microsoft, but there are a total of five in the main collection: Spider, Pyramid, FreeCell and TriPeaks. I’m so addicted to Klondike that, while my collective score/rating/whatever-they-call-it is between 600 and 800 on the other four, that same number for Klondike is 3,700. Yup. Addicted. OH! I hope Bo Bo has the wisdom to stay out of sight for awhile!

Oh, WOW!, @jaifaim, what a lovely, lovely number on your scale this morning! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

@brightonbelle Not only did I know what choice you made, but it was a hugely familiar choice to me. 🤷🏻‍♀️ But the obvious key is not to treat those days as reasonable and make them your lifestyle, and we all know you’ve already pushed the reset button, so it’s all good. And so happy for you that both inlaws are doing (relatively?) well. ❤️

@northgeorgia Bummer on the weight, the family drama, and the unexpected roll as driver; tomorrow’s FD should resolve that ugly number, right?

I have a baptism to play for this morning, only a single hymn, but it’s a great-nephew DH is baptising, so it’ll be a bunch of family whom I really like and enjoy being around, so I’m looking forward to that. And then I have a two-hour zoom meeting this afternoon. Better than driving an hour or two each way to meet in person, but I’m still not looking forward to it, and have lots to print out and read before the meeting, so I suppose I should get at it.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 20-No. VA USA-NFD

Weight is OK, down a 1/2 # from yesterday. I was able to put on, comfortably, pants I had ordered two months ago and they did not fit then, but do, today. So yay. That is not to say that when looking in the mirror “au naturel, ” there is not still a “featherbed tied in the middle” appearance. Just a less thick featherbed. So that is progress. Particularly at my age!

Regarding cats and “gifts”: When I was very young, we had a tortoiseshell cat who LOVED my mother and despised my sisters and me. My mother was not really a cat person, and she disliked mice intensely. The cat was a terrific mouser. We lived near a big meadow, and when it came time to sell our little house, my mother was taking a prospective buyer through the house. They went into the basement, and there the cat had lined up 5 dead field mice and voles, like so many corpses after a battle. Needless to say, the sale was not made to that person!

USA. Day 20 FD

Thank you everyone for your encouragement. I think getting rid of my diet coke is going to be harder than getting rid of white flour and wine were! LOL

I have been so tired lately! I hope it isn’t because I may be doing too many FDs. 🙁

kExcelsior12309, that cat story was very interesting! LOL

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! The weather here is lovely! 🌺

Day 21 – Ireland – NFD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.

Up and out early today. A walk, a short cycle yesterday and a long one today. In the sun ☀️.
    Curry evening last night with friends so no doubt I’m back up a bit but still happy 😃 thanks gang!

Have a lovely Sunday all and see you for the last full week of April tomorrow.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 21 National Park Ohakune FD ?

Today we drove horizontally across the Nth Island for 2 1/2 hrs before heading up the Western side of the large volcanoes in the mid North Island, Ruepehu and Ngarahoe. We are camping tonight under a Mountain Beech Tree next to a black water river filled with shingle and boulders which makes for a lovely natural sound of running water. Tomorrow we drive up to the Waitomo caves filled with glow worms and a river running through their base where my nephew has been doing a caving course for a week. Then we head back to Auckland.
    Goodness knows what has happened to my weight! I did a FD today then had a pint at a pub… I haven’t eaten a huge amount I think but I have had rather a lot of G&Ts…
    It’s been a great gathering for our family. My generation is now the senior generation…
    Well done everyone on your personal successes and keeping it together. I’m looking forward to getting back to my routine although I have family staying this week and my brother had a bad habit of buying sticky buns…

Onward and downward!

Day 21 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@jaifaim – congratulations on reaching a new ATL! 🥳️🎉 🎯

@stitchincarol – noo?! I mustn’t get myself involved in anymore games. I’ve already got 6 ongoing Words with Friends games, + Sudoku & Wordle. I’m on a mission to reach level 5 on the Dreaming Spanish site by the end of May, & if I stay focused I can get to level 6 by the end of the year. I think our version of wet noodle legs would be ‘legs like jelly’. But that would sound weird to you, because you call jelly ‘jello’, right? & what is jelly in the US is ‘jam’ here & in the UK 🤔 I’ve heard of Olive Garden – a popular family restaurant – but we don’t have them here.

@excelsior12309 – that’s hilarious?! That cat didn’t want to go anywhere & deliberately sabotaged the sale 😂

@leoniraats – good luck with your deadline

A strange article suggesting skipping breakfast can give you depression. No doubt sponsored by Kellogs & co. I’m sure not getting my morning coffee would be depressing, but I’ll skip the Cheerios, thanks 😅
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13332077/cheerios-cure-depression-unhappiness-skipping-breakfast.html

Aiming for a good FD today & getting back on track for the last week of AA 💪

@merryapple – just saw your post. A beery FD – that’s new 😅

Happy S🌞nday everyone

Pocket List – Day 21 🥚
    @merry🍎 ?🍻
    @fastingnurse
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 21 UK NFD

Ooh a Sunday pocket list – well done 👏 I’ll be joining you tomorrow, off for a bracing walk along the seafront, a bit of sun out but very windy

Pocket List – Day 21 🥚
    @merry🍎 ?🍻
    @fastingnurse
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 21 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 230 lbs. Somehow, although we picked up a fast food breakfast and had a sit-down lunch on our outing, I ended up having only water to drink yesterday. And after a good night’s sleep, interrupted only by a storm around 1 a.m., I am down two pounds over yesterday.

I’m planning a WFD today and a FD500 tomorrow, then another FD of some sort on Wednesday.

Pocket List – Day 21 🥚
    @merry🍎 ?🍻
    @fastingnurse
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 21 FD

Congratulations, Northgeorgia, for your lossz!👍. Merryapple, it looks like you are having a lovely adventure. FUNSHIPFREDDIE, again thank you for the article. I prefer to eat only if I am hungry and I don’t think I am getting depressed, if that means I don’t eat breakfast!

Pocket List – Day 21 🥚
    @merry🍎 ?🍻
    @fastingnurse
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sundays! 🙂

Day 22, FD, Aus

Hello, hello! My absence = a complete lack of responsibility, and eating and drinking with abandon. But I’m back, and hoping like heck my mojo is with me.

Have had a quick skim of the posts to see what I’ve missed out on. A lot by the looks of it! Birthdays, new ATLs, new house purchase and newbies? Exciting times!!

I’ve had my dog walk this morning (8 degrees!!! brrrr), and a very light lunch as I re-acquaint my body to the feel of a WFD.

Day 22 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾.

@funshipfreddie I hope you and all the Sunday fasters had a good day yesterday. Mine was the opposite 😋 – so will need a good week now. Thanks all for 👏 on my ATL 🎯 .

@brightonbelle – good to have your company today 👌We had very light winds yesterday which was such a change after months of howling winds and rain 🙃 so we headed off for a long sunny spin along the coast 🚴‍♀️ – it’s was just glorious. Too much food but the logic is that some of it should have burned off with exercise but… it doesn’t always follow…

@stitchincarol – thank God For zoom eh! Although I don’t enjoy them, it makes meetings so much easier to get to particularly the ones you need to travel to. I have a review appointment this morning with a consultant that I would have had to cancel if it wasn’t for zoom 😁.

@merryapple – what a fabulous road trip! And such special times spent with your family 💕 . I loved our trip through both islands – many moons ago now (Jesu – 19 years now). Your description brought me right back 💕

@penz 🥳 welcome back! Hope you’ve been having fun times.
    Wow… 8 degrees seems very cold for Oz? Great to have you back 👍

@excelsior12309 – great news… I’m sure you’ll have a significant drop soon 👖. I’m learning that my “weight” takes time to catch up with my body measurements changing 🌟 as I think @stitchincarol pointed out recently …. great that the trousers fit so well now.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List Day 22 – 🛼
    @at
    @jaifaim
    @leoniraats

Day 22 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 70.3 kg

@penz – welcome back! 8 degrees?! 🥶️

@jaifaim – my FD went perfectly. I even managed to clock +8000 steps, despite not setting foot outside. There was some Ironman Triathlon thingy going on in the town, with road closures & visitors everywhere, so I stayed well away.

UK Mail article re nuts & seeds
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13334127/Eat-nuts-seeds-fight-disease-Healthy-snacks-added-5-day-guidance-boost-nations-health-report-suggests.html

“The most important thing in life is to stop saying ‘I wish’ and start saying ‘I will.” ~ Charles Dickens

Adding @penz to the pocket list, but @leoniraats has switched to Tuesday..

Pocket List Day 22 – 🛼
    @penz
    @at
    @jaifaim

Day 22 UK f800

Right ! back to some serious fasting So I’m up a few lbs this month my new target is to get rid of those and see a reduction on my April start weight so back to basics – eat less move more 💪

Good to have you back @penz Yes I’m desperate for the weather to improve ☀️

I really enjoyed a bracing walk @jaifaim but it does build up an appetite doesn’t it 🌊

Wow 8k steps indoors @funshipfreddie Very impressive 🚶‍♂️

Let’s see out April in style
    Pocket List Day 22 – 🛼
    @penz
    @at
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

Day 22-No. VA USA-FD

Back on the “fast (day) train” today. We had a lovely tapas dinner with friends of my son on Saturday. I ate modestly yesterday, but weight is up a pound. I think my two drinks and some bread did me in a bit, but it wasnt too crazy. Continue to cut away at the “featherbed” look!

Down we go!
    Pocket list day 22:
    @penz
    @at
    @jaifaim
    @excelsior12309

Day 22 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 227 lbs. Well, just a couple of pounds to go to my goal weight for the month! Hopefully, I’ll reach it tomorrow, but a 2nd FD, particularly a FD500 like today, can be fickle. Sometimes it is a couple of pounds, and sometimes it’s just a couple of ounces.

@stitchincarol I do like those Zoom or WebEx meetings, too, especially if you forget about one and you’re already 5 minutes late! I try not to make that a habit, but it has saved me a few times.

@funshipfreddie In addition, I have also found that breaking my fast with some nuts and seeds really helps me get my digestive system adjusted. They are pretty calorie dense, so on my salad today, I’ll sparingly put a few pistachios on top.

Down we go!
    Pocket list day 22:
    @penz
    @at
    @jaifaim
    @excelsior12309
    @northgeorgia

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 254 total)

You must be logged in to reply.