Amazing and Awesome Actionable ( AAA) April

This topic contains 317 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  AT 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 319 total)

• Dat 24 – Dorset – FD

Welcome @quadpa

Back still giving me gyp so I have not been able to go to Pilates, so feeling really floppy and flabby.

@funshipfreddie hope your furniture arrived in a good state!

Pocket List

@dramaqueen6

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Ended up being a super busy weekend after all. Myself and DH spent hours on Saturday in the pouring rain putting together a trampoline for our Grandaughter who was having her birthday party with 15 friends on Sunday.

Tired, wet through and cold on Saturday, in bed by 9, then back up the road on Sunday for said birthday birthday with lots of screaming 7 year old girls (so many screams!!!) and 4 hours spent dispensing drinks, food, hugs for sore knees, singing along, clapping…..exhausted 😆

Off to my doc today for a check up and get bloods done etc. Due to that I am fasting.

Happy Monday all!!!

Day 24 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Phew?! Hectic day yesterday, but the time flew & I hardly gave food a thought. I was very impressed with the removal guys. So efficient & careful. Everything was in my new place by 1:45 pm.; except for the cat & a few things at my rental place. A new ATL today – 67.7 kg 🎯

@snowflake56 – 😂 dunno if that guy has a social life, but he’s certainly got tons of money, & probably a lot of friends. I think people use the words ‘young’ & ‘healthy’ interchangeably sometimes. I wouldn’t mind getting older but staying physically younger if that was the only way to avoid the deterioration & lack of mobility that old age can bring. I think that’s what this guy is aiming for. But I couldn’t live the way he does. Doesn’t seem like much of a life.

@stitchincarol – enjoy the marriage retreat.

@quadpa – there are lots of threads from other people who’ve been disappointed in their results when they’ve first started 5:2. I’m sure you’ll find lots of suggestions there. On the forum Home Page under ‘Body’ click on ‘Weight loss’. This is just one of many threads:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/52-fast-diet-2-weeks-in-no-weight-loss/

This is interesting. The damage ultra-processed food can cause. And the tricks these food companies play on us, e.g. adding scent to ice cream wrappers?! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12005423/DR-CHRIS-VAN-TULLEKEN-identical-twin-3-stone-heavier-ultra-processed-food.html

Our last week of AAA April?!

Pocket List – Day 24 🥕
    @dramaqueen6
    @daffodil2010

Day 24 UK FD

Busy day today decorating

Welcome @quadpa

Pocket List – Day 24 🥕
    @dramaqueen6
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. Next FD will probably be Wednesday. Tuesday and Thursday are really busy this week, but not at the lunch hour, per se.

Day 24 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Just back from my morning walk and taken delivery of some new bedding so that will keep me busy for a while……hope the quality is good🤞I’ve chosen it from Marks and Spencer’s website and haven’t seen it for real yet. I’m attempting to add some colour to the room for the estate agents photos.

Today’s FD menu is planned, getting hungry now and looking forward to my egg salad brunch 😋

Together we are stronger 🤗

Pocket List – Day 24 🥕
    @dramaqueen6
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear

Day 25 Melbourne, Australia NFD

BBL was kept at bay yesterday so very happy about that. Having my sister here has helped that as I don’t binge in front of others. We did not get to cook the cabbage soup yesterday so will aim to do it today. And I am hoping to go to the exercise area at a local park to do some strengthening work. I haven’t done this for a few months so need to get back into it. I am really trying to do all the stretches, and keep doing them, to help the plantar fasciitis as I am really missing going for long walks.

@funshipfreddie Nice to get most of the moving done and nice that it went smoothly. I read the article and there is a lot in the media recently about UPF. I am subscribed to Zoe podcasts, and they have been talking about the evils of UPF for quite a awhile. I have really been trying to keep clear of them. Even when I am buying ready meals at the supermarket, I will aim for the ones with ingredients that I could easily buy.

Have a good ANZAC day for those in NZ and Australia and a good general day for all others.

@missybear @malee57 @snowflake56 thank you all.
    I also think some of my acid inhibiting meds may be contributing to the issue. I’m in my water and more fruits and veggies. Hopeful and hanging in. Appreciate all the advice and encouragement.

Day 25, Germany, NFD
    Day 24 FD800

Managed to yesterday a FD800, so my first FD of the week is done. Early dance class today, I like to get active in the morning.

What is a marriage retreat?

@funshipfreddie Wow, a new ATL! How low do you want to go with your weight? I just want to grow old being healthy and active. What astonished me the most, apart from the weight gain, was how addictive it was and how much he liked the food (can you still call it food?).

@quadpa I mostly eat berries and try to stay away from tropical fruits with a high content of fructose.

@daffodil2010 I guess you and your DH did have a good sleep after the birthday party! How is your granddaughter’s weight problem doing? I hope your check up will be fine.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 25 – Dorset – FD

What a glorious morning here in Dorset!!

@daffodil2010 – Hope your check up went well.

@funshipfreddie – I love Dr. Chris Van Tulleken, he and his brother always do brilliant experiments. The book I read a while back, said if you are buying any ready made meal from a supermarket, never buy anything with more than 5 ingredients because it will almost certainly be chemicals. And so scary that they scientists can be bought like that.

@snowflake56 – well done on the early morning class.

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Beautiful crisp frosty Spring morning with birds singing their little hearts out and a great sunrise walk for DH and I.

Both of us have the mojo for FD’s, he has eggs for breakfast then fasts until dinner, I don’t have breakfast and fast until lunch, then we both have protein rich dinner. Need to get the weight down and doing this together helps so much.

Went to my doc, previous problem with sudden pain in the area where I had my surgery, it’s probably just adhesions, but have been referred for scans, blood tests done, I am sure all will be ok but both my GP and I want to rule things out. If it’s just adhesion post surgery I can live with that!

@snowflake56 yes we slept very well after that birthday party. ☺️ As for my granddaughters weight problem, oh dear, it really is an issue and I don’t think her parents are dealing with it at all. She was by far the biggest child at her party. I know it was her birthday party but the amount of snacks and sweets for children to help themselves to, there was a popcorn machine, a candy floss (cotton candy) machine, and then later slices of pizza, chicken pieces, sausage rolls, and THEN birthday cake. But the child who just kept eating, even while playing on the trampoline with two slices of pizza in hand, was my poor Grandaughter.

And because this is a private forum, and hopefully no judgement, I can say that both DH and I were horrified when she went to the popcorn machine (when she had been knocked out of a game of musical chairs), grabbed two handfuls of popcorn and cackled maniacally facing her friends with her hands in the air, popcorn dropping to the floor. It was like a scene from a horror movie.

Sorry if I sound harsh, I love her so much, but if something is not done to help her she is going to suffer with weight into her teens and maybe beyond 😨

Have a good day.

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD – Anzac Day 🇦🇺 🇳🇿

@snowflake – re the new ATL – I know?! I’m not trying to lose more weight. But I’m going to keep an eye on it. 67 kg would still be a healthy weight, I think. My BMI would be 20.7, so not much different to the current 20.9. I won’t let it go lower than 67. I want to build more muscle too, so that might help. Maybe I’ll have to do 6:1; or start drinking again 😅 Re the addiction to UP Food, I think some people are more prone to food addiction & other addictions than others. I really can’t get my head around how people rave about McDonald’s & other fast food outlets. I’m just not into it. I’ll have a pizza on a very rare occasion. Can’t remember the last time I ate a french fry/chip. When I was on the ships I’d sometimes have a McDonald’s breakfast muffin in a port, but only because I wanted to use the wifi 😅

@malee57 – it was a huge relief to get that move done. I’d been dreading it since last August when all my stuff went into the storage unit. And then the storage company hit me with an 18% increase a couple of months ago?! 🤯

All about OMAD https://www.news24.com/life/wellness/diet/one-meal-a-day-diet-popular-with-celebrities-could-do-more-harm-than-good-heres-why-20230414

@snowflake56 – if you think the ‘forever young’ guy is eccentric, Cristiano Ronaldo’s schedule is almost as bizarre. Polyphasic sleep?!
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11991019/Cristiano-Ronaldos-BIZARRE-health-routines-including-nail-painting-mini-meals.html

@dramaqueen6 – that is a good rule, no more than 5 ingredients. Also avoid buying it if sugar is in the first 2 or 3 ingredients, because they have to list the ingredients used with the highest quantities first.

“I don’t diet. I just don’t eat as much as I’d like to.” ~ Linda Evangelista

Pocket List – Day 25 🍇
    @dramaqueen6
    @daffodil2010

Day 25 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

This may sound strange, but I enjoyed yesterday’s FD and this morning I feel energised. Up early (for me) and went for a walk before even a coffee. Starting to feel so much better and its barely 2 weeks since I began 5:2 again 🙂

Now for a couple of careful NFDs 🤞

Have a good day everyone, we have sunshine here 😎

ANZAC DAY NFD NZ

My pledge is to treat this final week in April with respect for 5:2… Last week was loads of fun with champagne and wine, lunches and dinners out, cooking for friends and a big chocolate birthday cake. My weight has gone backwards to over the 90kg mark. It doesn’t take much sadly for me to put on weight.

ANZAC Day (Australia New Zealand Army Corps) is a special day of remembrance for all our military that stems from the disastrous WWI invasion of Turkey at Gallipoli. The fighting was so fierce that despite terrible loss of life and limb, both sides held a deep respect for each other. Not so much for the British leadership/Winston Churchill who were ill prepared. It also signalled the rise of the Turkish Republic led by Attaturk.

Macintosh and I went for a bike ride then to the Guild for an evening of spinning. We’re knackered so we’re off to hit the hay.
    Onward and downward!

Day 25 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. Well, I only have myself to blame. Until I get serious about my choices and behaviors on NFDs, nothing will change. I mean, seriously, a small fast food lunch would have done less damage. But no, I had a coupon at a local gas station for a free soft drink and a free ice cream, and my mom gave me fast food take away leftovers and homemade casserole for lunch… whoa, overload. But wait… let me go home for supper and eat mom’s home cooking, then beg for more of that good casserole she made over the weekend, and how about an ice cream for dessert… And I throw in some veggies and fiber where I can, eating to about 10 pm last night… wait stop stop stop….. crashhhhhhhh

This is so unlike me. I need to figure out the “why” and end this unhealthy relationship to food 🙂 The concept of a “deal” overwhelms me. I may need to be more “generous” and give away discounts or free items to others. I also despise food waste, whether that food is healthy or unhealthy. So I try to only keep healthy things in my fridge. So now I take up the generosity of those who keep temptations in their fridges instead! Oh no! Anyway, I am going to have to take a stronger stance in everyday choices…I still think it’s possible to do it without being ridiculously strict (no need to run away from that cookie in the office when offered on a NFD, but don’t decide a bag of Dorito’s would go good with that cookie). Despite the stereotypes of obesity, I’ve never been a “binge” type person. The weight just slowly crept on over the years. Now, I’ve got to move it the other way 🙂

Despite it all, 5:2 works! I just need to think about NFDs better, and not eat in a way that will put it all back on plus some in 24 hours. OK, self-ranting over haha Looking forward to tomorrow’s FD.

Day 25 UK FD800

V Quick check in. Lost yesterday to a cold but bouncing back after taking quercetin to boost my immune system – feels like a miracle! Yesterday wasn’t a FD either as i fed a cold and then slept.

Today back to desk and FD800. Done a pile of catch up stuff tho working quite slowly from 10-6. I’ve been reading the paper and planning the rest of the week since then.

I forgot to weigh myself this morning in rush to get ready for zoom meeting. But defrosted cabbage & carrot soup for lunch then had a small avo with hard boiled eggs. Supper is a big heap of cauliflower, spinach, mushroom & quorn chicken plus my daily apple. Heading for bath and bed – it feels FREEZING here today!

Onward and downward!

Day 26 Melbourne, Australia NFD

Reasonable choices made yesterday so feeling okay today. I went for a swim this morning and have just got up from my afternoon sleep before work tonight. I have lots of fruit packed for my break.

Yesterday I made a big pot of cabbage soup, with a couple of sticks of celery added in. Very very yummy. And leftovers in the freezer for ron (later on).

Day 26, Germany, NFD

The sun is out, the cherry trees are in full bloom and it’s line dance day. This will be a good day!

@dramaqueen6 I take every opportunity to dance, it’s so much fun! The 5 ingredients rule is a good one and it means you can just skip most of the things you can buy in supermarkets. Is your back fine again?

@daffodil2010 The situation your granddaughter is in at the moment is not good. It will make her life much more difficult. It’s so difficult to talk about someones weight without making the impression you’re just criticizing.
    It’s good to check out the sudden pain pain issue, it’s always better to know the cause.

@funshipfreddie “Celebrities” with strange diet and exercise regimes are not the ones I would want to hang out with. I have a SIL who was a ballet dancer and is still extremely skinny and having an eating disorder. It was and is no fun having dinner with her, you had/have the feeling you were/are overeating all the time although you had/have a normal sized portion. I’ve never done OMAD, I wouldn’t know how to eat ~1400 cals in one meal with all the nutrients I need. After eating UPF and of course I do that once in a while, I always feel unsatisfied and want to go on snacking, so it’s better not to buy it.

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD800 keto

Going well, great having DH onboard (at last) as we are both determined to shed weight together for better health and fitness. Sleeping so well too.
    So today’s breakfast is a beef salad at 13.30, then some class of chicken dish for dinner.

Busy this week preparing for the bank holiday weekend as DH’s mother flies in on Friday night for the weekend. Lots of house cleaning to do n

@funshipfreddue I just read the UPF article now, very interesting. I don’t eat a lot of Ultra processed food for meals, but thinking about it there are crisps and chocolate snacks making an appearance. Hmmmm. Good advice from @dramaqueen about not buying anything with more than 5 ingredients.

Another look at my food cupboard may be in order so!!

Have a great Wednesday hump day.

Day 26 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@northgeorgia – c’mon now, where is that RESOLVE? 💪 Just make a pact with yourself to cut out the junk until you get below 200 lb. Ice cream, soft drinks, those sugar-laden things & other UPFs mess with your brain & make you want to continue eating. As @snowflake56 said, ” I always feel unsatisfied and want to go on snacking”. There are so many healthier, better choices if you need a snack. Maybe ‘seriously strict’ is what you need to be for a while? But only permanent lifestyle changes will give you permanent results. Maybe try to get some of your family members onboard? Especially your mom. Tell her to hit you over the head with something if you ask for seconds 😅

@snowflake56 – your SIL sounds like a hoot & a half 😅 I think OMAD can work, just not every single day. OMAD is how I manage my FDs.

More about UPFs, i.e. ultra-processed food:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12008467/The-everyday-foods-youd-never-guess-packed-ultra-processed-ingredients.html

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

“I have gained and lost the same ten pounds so many times over and over again my cellulite must have deja vu.” ~ Jane Wagner

Pocket List – Day 26 🍏
    @daffodil2010 – FD800
    @northgeorgia

Day 26 CD Auckland

So here I am on a CD today to rebalance. Missed breakfast and had pea soup and a bagel for lunch. It’s nice warming food. We’ve had a cold blast from the South (Antarctica) blow up the country. Does anyone use the Windy Ap (free)? It shows the wind and storms around the globe. It’s my favourite weather predictor.

@northgeorgia Those freebies are designed to hook you in. My friend has a mantra that she only eats good quality food so if sh eats chocolate it’s Swiss chocolate not crappy Easter egg chocolate. Your Mom’s home cooking is way better than any processed industrialised food.
    @missybear That is so great to hear you’re doing well and a good reminder for me so thank you!
    @Funship Freddie That News24.com website is a good resource. I am unlikely to eat OMAD unless it’s an accident! Interesting about breakfast. I read the ‘Moving the last 5kg’ article where they state your digestion is 2 1/2 X more efficient in the morning rather than at night. So eat well early and light at night
    @daffodil2010 Gosh. You’re in a such a difficult position with your granddaughter. I can understand parents not wanting to make food an issue for a wee one but over feeding and using food as a reward is a whole other matter. I guess for now leading by example may be the best thing until your advice is sought???
    @brightonbelle Sounds interesting. What are you decorating?!
    Onward and downward or at least sideways…

Day 26 – Dorset NFD

@snowflake56 – I was hopeful this morning that my back had recovered but unfortunately it has started hurting again. I do have an appointment booked with the chiroparactor tomorrow so maybe she can give me a bit more advice.

@daffodil2010 – you write so beautifully, I could picture your grand daughter with the popcorn!

@malee57 – well done on your choices yesterday, you sound like you are in the zone!

@michelinme – I had never heard of quercetin, will need to buy some!

Have a good day everyone

@funshipfreddie – loving your quotes! Jane Wagner, sounds just like me

@northgeorgia – you sound like you are working your way out of your funk. as @funshipfreddie says those sugar-laden things & other UPFs mess with your brain & make you want to continue eating.

@merryapple – must get that app! on Monday, whilst it was beautiful in our part of the country, 3 hours away, my sister was caught in a hailstorm and flooding (short lived)!

Day 26 Wales NFD

Quick login for accountability. Have a good day everyone.

Day 16 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. Not sure why I scarfed down a meal at 8:30 last night. I should have given it a miss! Well, if any good news, I am down a pound over this time last week; plus today is a FD!

Oh, and I did pick up my freebie yesterday and only had a slice before passing it on the the family! Yeah, I have got to get away from the empty caloric junk that just leaves me craving more. Just say no 🙂

Pocket List – Day 26 🍏
    @daffodil2010 – FD800
    @northgeorgia

Day 26 UK NFD

Quick checkin for me too , still decorating- nothing exciting @merryapple just refreshing our bedroom whilst we have the chance to use one of the other bedrooms as we have no visitors for a few days

Wheres @stitchincarol , usually a reliable poster , did I miss something ?
    Have a good day all

I have come back here after nearly 4 years and cant believe you people are doing this with so much passion.
    Kudos to everyone who have kept eachother encouraging in this journey. I am re-joining for the May challenge. Looking forward.

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska, USA – TDEE – 151.0

I did my usual WF yesterday, and lasted the whole day until I went to bed, so that was a huge accomplishment because…GOOD GRIEF, BUT WE WERE FED BUCKETS AND BUCKETS AND BUCKETS OF FOOD AT OUR MARRIAGE RETREAT!!!!! 😵‍💫😂 And it was GOOD food, too! So, after all that food on Monday, it felt like a real victory to start the WF while still at the retreat, and maintain it as we drove home and then I drove to Omaha for lessons.

And you asked what a marriage retreat is, @snowflake56. It was a time for us to learn some psychology of relationships and apply it to our marriage. There were 8 couples there, all people from our state-wide church (only two of whom we already knew), and it was a lovely time. And is our marriage already stronger, or going to get stronger? I think we did indeed learn some great tools to get stronger, and we are both glad we went–we were able to peacefully talk about some topics that usually make one or the other of us crabby, so that’s certainly progress. My niece is a therapist and is of the opinion that ALL couples should do such a retreat–or at least go to occasional therapy–as a way of maintaining the health of and even improving a marriage…rather like one goes to the doctor or the dentist. So that’s where I’ve been, but we’re home again and leaping back into all the activities that constitute our lives.

@suresh3101 Welcome back!

Today’s goal is to eat 1500 calories, do the tidying I need for my housekeeper to clean, and pull out the dead stuff from the 30 foot bed between the house and the driveway. Then tonight is my next-to-last choir rehearsal. So a busy day, but not overwhelmingly so.

I’ll return to my usual chatter tomorrow!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 26, second post

Okay, I’m back for accountability. My usual approach when I tidy for my housekeeper is to first put everything away in the kitchen (stuff to take to the basement storage shelves, grocery bags to return to the car in the garage, etc.) and then move on to the living/dining room. But every time I walk into the kitchen I think about what I want to eat, and turn on my heel and walk back out. That’s good for resisting food, but not so good for getting the tidying accomplished, LOL!

So, @daffodil2010 and @northgeorgia, I’m going to channel you two, and be strong for you, because I’m running out of RESOLVE to be strong for me. Tonight for supper–not a FD, remember–is meatloaf, potatoes and steamed carrots, so I’ll just keep thinking about them and remind myself, “Not now, but soon.” Right?

@maui How in the world have you been so good about limiting your calories to 800-1200 so many of the days of recent months??? I’m truly dazzled by your won’t-power!

Okay, off to show RESOLVE and walk into the kitchen without caving to the food temptations. In about fifteen minutes, I’ll have two eggs to break my fast and perhaps that will increase the available RESOLVE. 🤞

Day 27 FD Auckland

Macintosh the Westie woke at 4am and wanted to go outside. It’s hard to not do what he wants because he does a tap dance on the floor boards and doesn’t give up. In and out he goes 4x until I hear a bark and he’s tracked down and dispatched the cat he knew was lurking. But now he’s asleep and I’m yawning.
    FD today so I’m drinking hot water to keep warm.
    @stitchincarol I like your word RESOLVE so I’m going to RESOLVE to keep going to 4pm. I’m thinking but I might make pizza tonight – all homemade so I can make a very thin crust and control what’s on it!
    @quadpa a belated welcome! Thinking back to when I first started 5:2 I was constipated. I think the change in eating habits particularly volume and fast days contributes to this. All I can say is it will come right but as everyone has mentioned – fluid, exercise and fibre. The best fruit that gives you all your daily fibre requirements in one go is a KIWI fruit (but I would say that!). Have two and you’ll be fine!!
    @suresh3101 Welcome too! I’m a recidivist from 2018.

Pocket List 🍎🍏
    @merryapple

Day 27, Germany, NFD

Just before I wanted to leave the house for dance class yesterday, it started hailing and the temperature dropped. It’s just above zero this morning.

@dramaqueen I hope the chiropractor can fix it again!

@suresh3101 Welcome back! I remember your name from a long time ago.

@funshipfreddie I can send my SIL over to you next Christmas! I never thought about doing OMAD on a FD, I could try it out. I like Priya Tew, I’ve seen her on “Eat well for less”.

@michelinme I found a butternut squash and made your recipe yesterday. It was delicious but extremely filling. I put two batches in the freezer. Thanks for posting the recipe, it’s a keeper. I also still make the yoghurt/oats/seed bread you posted a long time ago.

@stitchincarol Thanks for explaining the marriage retreat, it sounds interesting. I don’t think there is something similar here. You can do marriage counselling but that’s for problematic situations.

No dance class intil Tuesday as my DH has to work. I want to find something that gives me the same energy in the morning like dancing does. I’m not fond of Leslie Sansone but she’s easy to follow so I’ll start my day with her today.

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD – Freedom Day 🇿🇦

It’s a public holiday here today – Freedom Day – the anniversary of our first democratic election in ’94. So the bit of work that still needs doing at my new place has come to a screeching halt. And as Monday is also a holiday, it seems like the entire country is taking tomorrow off as well, to make it an extra-long weekend. I have to be out of my rental place by Sunday though, so it’s going to be tricky. I can’t really do much unpacking until they finish the wardrobes & cupboards next week 🤯 Que sera… I can’t believe the difference just painting the wardrobe/cupboard doors has made though?! With the new handles too, they look brand new. They spray-painted the doors, which is noisy & messy & takes forever; but the results are impressive.

@suresh3101 – from Leeds, right?! welcome back! Is the missus still force-feeding you rice? 😅

@dramaqueen6 – I’m glad you like the quotes!

@merryapple – that’s interesting, re digestion being 2.5 times more efficient in the mornings. But, I just have no appetite in the mornings. Doesn’t seem to be doing me any harm though. Home-made pizza on a FD? I wouldn’t dare 😂

Busy busy…

“Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.” ~ Anonymous

Pocket List – Day 27 🍎 🍏
    @merry🍎
    @funshipfreddie

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Busy day today, egg salad to break my fast, then a quick home made beef dish for dinner this evening before we rush out to do both clothes and food shopping for the weekend 😱

We are in week 3 of the super busy schedule until end of June, but getting through ok.

@merryapple I believe my Grandaughter is being given rubbish food as treats and a way of getting back at each other by the estranged parents, plus her maternal grandmother, (DH’s ex wife who is also estranged from her daughter, but still sees her Grandaughter…perfect families), so the poor child is going from one to the other, and as she is an only child she is the centre of attention. Both her parents are slim and trim, so I don’t understand why they give in and feed the child such UPF rubbish. She is being used as a bargaining tool sometimes, and although my stepdaughter is worried a lot about the huge weight gain, I don’t see anything being done about it.

When my grandaughter visits us there are no treats in this house but we do buy her books and games. She often asks for snacks but she does not get one. I am very tough, but I feel so sorry for her. I remember the overweight kids when I was that age (not many really) and they had a hard time from the crueller kids in the playground ☹️ I hope she does not have that hard time.

Have a Good day all

Day 27 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. Busy day today ending with two hours of travel during some big thunderstorms — whew… Next FD is Sunday, so it’s time to start planning for a successful May.

2nd Post – Day 27

Pocket List – Day 27 🍎 🍏
    @merry🍎
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010

Day 27 Wales FD

Nothing but black coffee so far today 👍

Pocket List – Day 27 🍎 🍏
    @merry🍎
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Despite my best intentions (see? “intentions” not “RESOLVE”…it matters), I ended up eating too much yesterday. Thankfully, it didn’t end up being an EFS situation, just simply too much to qualify as 1500. A second reason to be thankful is that I was so busy yesterday that I logged 12K steps (not walking on the treadmill, or outside, even, but just moving here and there being busy) and burned over 2K calories, according to my Fitbit. But I must, and will, get better about sticking to 1500 calories in a day, because that’s all I can count on my body burning, so I must get into the habit of only eating that many.

And how do I switch from “intentions” to “RESOLVE”? That’s the big question, isn’t it? It all begins with my thoughts, and the decisions I make, and so today’s drive to Omaha piano lessons will be filled with lots of thoughts and consideration of what I actually want: to satisfy the desire to eat something at any given time, or to satisfy the desire to weigh less.

@merryapple I smiled at your enthusiasm for the benefits of kiwi…but I think there’s not as much fiber in one kiwi as you’re thinking? Nonetheless, I think I’ll pick up a couple today, as I do indeed enjoy them!

@snowflake56 If you’re truly intrigued by the idea, you could always call a counseling center and ask about a marriage retreat, as I imagine they very possibly take place but it’s just not a commonly known thing. Ours was led by a man who spends much of his counseling time working with marriages in trouble…and there were several comments by others at our retreat that made me wonder if their marriage was more troubled than it initially appeared. Who knows, you might find one, and DH and I are sure glad we were able to attend one.

@funshipfreddie Oh, how frustrating that you’re so close to done, but have to completely move in anyway! Oh well, eh? A few days of serious inconvenience will pass quickly, and then you’ll be able to simply enjoy your new place.

@daffodil2010 I’m so sad for your granddaughter and the position she’s in with all the not-well-behaving adults around her. I think it’s wonderful that you don’t have treats in the house when she visits you; hopefully she’ll eventually remember the discipline you show her and start modeling it. When kids hit puberty and the teen years, they often take responsibility for reasonable eating habits…hopefully your granddaughter will start to make good choices, since the other adults in her life aren’t doing it for her.

I’m with @daffodil2010 in a crazy-full schedule, and start to freak out every now and again, but then have to firmly remind myself to simply do the next thing, and it’ll be just fine. I got to spend about an hour outside yesterday doing some yard work, and that was wonderfully soothing; sadly it’ll be another week or so before I get to go out for an entire morning…but eventually that will be “the next thing,” right?? 😉😍👍

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 27 🍎 🍏
    @merry🍎
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day28 NFD NZ

@daffodil2010 This is so sad to hear. I agree with @stitchincarol. She has you as an example and a guide for the future. It sounds like a ‘marriage retreat’ is in order for the grownups.
    @funshipfreddie Haha! Pizza was originally a poor person’s food in Naples – tomato on a yeast flatbread. I make the crust with my sour dough bread bug, make Puttanesca sauce and add various toppings like sliced peppers, a smattering of cheese (or not) or half a sausage. I cook the pizza in a small cast iron frying pan starting off on gas to cook the base then into the oven. I ate this and two spoonfuls of home grown rhubarb y’day. Did I come in under 500 cals? Who knows!! I’ve given up calorie counting 😁 Any comments welcome!
    I’m curious to hear about fitbits. Do they help with 5:2?
    @stitchincarol A Kiwifruit does indeed have all your daily fibre requirements 😁 and are often recommended for constipation😊. I was a teenager when they were commercialised. A grower gave my father a box of Kiwifruit which we scoffed. Next morning we gathered for breakfast looking very sheepish after trips to the loo…
    By the way, a KIWI is a bird (or a NZder). It’s a Maori word which sounds like their bird call. If you say it out loud you’ll understand. The 🥝 ‘s correct name is Kiwifruit. Just saying!!
    I’m about to get into the jungle to start the Autumn tidy up…

Onward and downward one and all!

@merryapple and @daffodil2010 a kiwi fruit will be a good change of pace to the fruit regulars thanks again

There is such good advice and encouragement here. I also started weight training again. Need more strategies. I do find going to bed early on FD helps.

Day 28 country west Australia FD bd ( by default)
    Amazing April is right!!!!
    Just up after 4 days in bed with THE worst gastro bug version 2.
    Will catch up on posts and reply when I am able to stay upright without feeling like keeling over.
    Unable to eat or drink for 3 days without hectic results.
    Headache due to dehydration starting to abate but still feeling like a space cadet.
    Couldn’t even keep hydralyte drinks down nor suck ice/icy poles. Dreadful.
    Every day is a FD as stomach will not tolerate more than a few tablespoons of very bland food.
    Last night managed a slice of toast and lunch a very small banana chewed to mush. Uggghhhh!
    Apologies for not being the best host this month but thanks to the regulars who herd the cats.
    Welcome to the newbies I noticed.
    Here’s to a good end to the month.
    And on the plus side – Cruella is being extremely kind!!

Day 28, Germany, FD800

We have a beautiful red sky this morning, I hope the temperature will go up a bit, it’s still cold. I walked 3 miles with Leslie yesterday, I wasn’t as annoyed by her voice as I was before.

@funshipfreddie Moving house never goes as planned, is it? Do you have a lot of things to get to your new place on Sunday? Yesterday we watched Chris Van Tulleken’s “How to stay young”. It’s amazing how your health can change within 3 months.

@stitchincarol It’s not for us, we’re fine. Close friends are having problems. We already spoke with them about marriage counseling but they don’t want to. It’s a difficult situation.

@lilymartin Poor you! I hope the worst days are over now and you can slowly start eating/drinking again. Don’t worry about hosting, there are a lot of frequent posters around, take your time to get well, that’s more important.

Pocket list day 28

@snowflake56 FD800

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Start of another hectic weekend. The dinner that was postponed last week is back on tonight, but I am in the right head space and looking forward to it. Dinner with the girls is always fun.

Then my MIL is with us for the bank holiday weekend, so it will be dinner out again tomorrow night, and I am sure some serious lolling about and chatting over glasses of white wine in the evenings ( she loves to chatter and has already said to DH she just wants to chill out this weekend 😀).

So week 3 of full schedule is upon me….like @stitchincarol I will just look forward to the “next thing”. However, serious planning ahead also required for some of our events, but we managed to tick off a few boxes this week.

@lilymartin so sorry to hear of your stomach bug, I really hope you turn the corner into wellness soon xxxx
    @funshipfreddie, ARGH about the work shutting down just as you have to move in. Hopefully you will be in and settled soon.

So have a good weekend all. I have completed 5 days of 18:6, no change on scales but skin looks better and I feel good.

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Like @stitchincarol, I’ve managed to clock up + 12,000/13,000 steps a couple of times this week, just by rushing around like a lunatic. So it was a very easy FD & the scales showed another ATL, slightly, at 67.6 kg.

@merryapple – my Fitbit doesn’t help me with weight loss/maintenance. But then I probably don’t use many of the features. I just use it to track my steps and heart rate, & the sleep feature is interesting too. But I think tracking cals, at least on FDs is important, especially to get to maintenance. It’s a pain, I know; but almost painless with MFP.

@lilymartin – oh no?! I hope you’re better soon. I think I prolonged my stomach issue recently by forcing myself to eat when I wasn’t hungry. Just listen to your body & stay hydrated. 🤗

@snowflake, @stitchincarol & @daffodil2010 – I got super-organised yesterday. Not much to move to the new place now. I’m planning on moving Boo Boo tomorrow & finally sleeping in my own bed after 9 months. Then I still have Sunday to make sure I leave the rental cottage spick & span.

All about a ‘miracle new weight loss drug’, yet to be approved in the UK & USA: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12021099/Transformations-patients-new-fat-fighting-jab-dubbed-King-Kong-weight-loss-drugs.html

AAA April is almost over; I believe @at offered to take the reins for May? 🤔

Happy Fri-yay! 🍹

“The two biggest sellers in any bookstore are the cookbooks and the diet books. The cookbooks tell you how to prepare the food, and the diet books tell you how not to eat any of it!” ~ Andy Rooney

Pocket List – Day 28 🍌
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 – FD800

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. OK, let’s keep this thing below 220 and get back to a 215 average then resume the downward trend…

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – TDEE (1500) – 150.0

@merryapple Fun distinction re kiwi v. kiwifruit. So how many grams of fiber does a kiwifruit have, anyway?

@lilymartin You poor thing!! You’ve been through a virtual wringer, haven’t you? I do hope you’re finally on the upswing side!

@quadpa I frequently go to bed early on a FD; it puts me firmly out of reach of temptation, LOL!

@funshipfreddie Yay for being super organized yesterday! Sounds like the final details of your move are well in hand.

Perhaps some of you remember that I do an Ascension Hymn Fest every year (this year’s is my 12th annual), and it’s coming up on May 18. Over the last week, I got a video made and posted on YouTube (hidden except for the links I give out to the choir) for each part of each song for the choir; tonight is the first choir rehearsal. I never have this type of a commitment on a Friday, and I’m finding my mental attitude about what I’ll eat today is much more disciplined than a usual Friday…perhaps I need to have more things on Fridays??? 😂😂 I also need to run to town, but I’m not very excited about getting moving, so maybe I’ll look for something else to accomplish and go to town this afternoon…decisions, decisions! Have a grand day, everyone.

Day 28 – UK – NFD

Life this month has been very busy with lots of socialising and outings and the days have just run away from me…..

I do hope everyone is OK and bumbling along……same as myself

Apologies for my absence but I have now set up a “Marvellous May 2023 Challenge” as promised and do hope to see many to you there 🤗

Day 28 Wales NFD

Very early start today driving DH to a hospital appointment in Swansea. Took the opportunity to do some shopping on the way home so I didn’t have brunch until 3.15pm and after yesterday’s 550 calorie FD I was reaching delirium level hunger! My bowl of hot cauliflower topped with crumbled and melting Stilton was divine 😋

I have been on my best 5:2 disciplined behaviour all week so I was disappointed that my effort wasn’t rewarded on the scales this morning. I was surprised because I am sure my tummy is flatter and my trousers fit better so I am ignoring the scales and focusing on how I feel 🙂

@funshipfreddie wishing you and Boo Boo happiness in your new home.

TGIF 🍷😂

Day 29 NFD NZ

I am back down into the 80s and feeling good!
    We have storm bearing down so am going to get going this morning. I had a great day tackling the jungle y’day. The extra rain and warm weather over summer have meant the weed species have gained a massive foot hold. I have neighbours on two sides on the hill who do nothing except pay someone to mow their lawns and have quite nasty listed vines which get up into the trees. I can’t help myself and work on their property’s. I can’t complain in case they tell me to go back to my side!
    @missybear I can smell that gorgeous Stilton dish from here…
    Thank you @at for hosting next month.
    @lilymartin You poor thing. Have you had Noro virus? I picked it up in London. Was impressed by its nastiness…

Onward and downward!

Day 28 UK NFD
    day 27 CD
    day 26 CD

I’ve been locked out for a few days due to forum spam filter. Thought I’d try one last time before zzz…. and yay! I haven’t fasted this week but I’ve eaten 18:6 and inside tdee. Glad to be allowed in here again – I’ll catchup with posts tomorrow

Day 29, Germany, NFD

@funshipfreddie Finally the day has come and you and Boo Boo are moving in! I wish you and Boo Boo a calm day and a wonderfull sleep in your own bed tonight!

@missybear I’m sure your efforts will show up on the scales soon.

@lilymartin I hope you feel better today!

@dramaqueen6 How is your back doing, was the chiropractor succesful?

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I broke my fast yesterday after 1 pm with an enormous burger & a couple of onion rings. It was divine. At least I opted for the side salad instead of the fries 😇

@missybear & @snowflake56 – thank you! I know I’m going to be happy at the new place. I just hope Boo Boo is too. I’m sure she will be once she’s over the shock of being moved yet again & feels safe. I’m not looking forward to getting her into her carrier later 😱

@at – thank you for setting up next month’s challenge! See you 👀 in Marvellous May

Yet another article from the UK Mail about OMAD, TRE & 5:2
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12021705/Rishi-Sunak-joins-celeb-club-including-Coldplay-star-Chris-Martin-swear-fasting-habit.htm

Dr Mosley’s weekly article. A pity they couldn’t spell his name correctly in the HUGE heading. Doesn’t anyone proofread anymore? 😅
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12027065/DR-MICHAEL-MOSELY-stop-weeks-moon-wrecking-sleep.html

Have a great weekend everyone 🌤 🌈

“Diets are for those who are thick and tired of it.” ~ Mary Tyler Moore

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply.