Amazing and Awesome Actionable ( AAA) April

This topic contains 317 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  AT 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 319 total)

• Day 11, NFD, Aus

Your coconut oil and kale tip made me laugh @funshipfreddie. I quite like kale but the only time I’ve attempted to make kale chips, they ended up very soggy. Not sure what I did wrong as I followed the same technique was @lilymartin outlined.

Looks like everyone had a good Easter. I tried out the egg diet; Cadburys, not scrambled.

Here’s to a good second half in April.

Day 11 FD NZ

Silence is telling. I didn’t manage the weekend well and succumbed to an EFS. I did meet up with friends but when on my own consumed far too much. I’m not sure why it is called comfort eating because it surely ain’t…
    So now I’m on a reset with a FD today. I’m taking strength from reading all your success stories and getting back in the wagon.

Pocket List
    @mary🍎

Day 11, Germany, NFD

Dentist appointment this morning, just a check up.

@funshipfreddie We had cats for 40 years, I loved it when they woke me up purring loudly or with a soft tap on my cheek. I mostly sleep well and they behaved very well and didn’t come too early.

@dramaqueen6 Welcome back!

@merryapple A FD will even it out again, that’s the nice thing about 5:2.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 11 – Dorset – NFD

@snowflake56 – thank you for the welcome

A lovely sunny start to the day

Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Day 11 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Another quick check in and another busy day today. Hello all!

I’ve bobbed up again…. Not chocolate so much at fault as other nice Easter food and just generally dropping the ball. ⚽️

I’m going to aim to have a controlled week which may be easier than usual as I will be busy. I need two good weeks to get to goal by end April and holidays.. 🙏

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket List Day 11
    @merryappple 🍎
    @jaifaim

Day 11 UK FD

Another one reporting in after a relaxed weekend , hoping a mindful week will correct things

Pocket List Day 11
    @merryapple 🍎
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

My bathroom reno started this morning – aargh?! The noise?! The dust?! I’m sure it’ll be worth it when it’s done. My new neighbours must love me 😅. I think the noisy bit will be done today anyway.

@snowflake56 – Boo Boo was almost 7 when I adopted her a couple of years ago. I tried letting her sleep in the bedroom, but she decided 4 am was breakfast/play time & wouldn’t leave me alone. So now when I’m going to bed I leave her with her favourite cat videos on YouTube & plenty of food. But she always behaves as if she’s been starved for 3 days when I get up.

All about tea 🍵 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11958053/Why-drinking-humble-cup-tea-one-best-things-health-today.html

Sending RESOLVE to the Tuesday fasters! 💪 🎯

“I’m not overweight; I’m just 9 inches too short.” ~ Shelley Winters

Day 11 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. Next FD will be Thursday. Got to remember to stick to the basic concepts:

* Better to eat earlier than later.
    * No snacking.
    * Watch out for over-carbing it.
    * Moderate portions and contents thereof.
    * Water, electrolytes, and nutrition.

Day 12, NFD, Aus

What @northgeorgia said.

Day 12 NFD NZ

Avoided going back into the 90s by the hair of my chinny chin chin… 89.9 but down to 89.8 this morning so I’m facing in the right direction.
    Agree with @northgeorgia and @penz
    Plus “Zip it if it ain’t good for you🤐”
    Onward and downward!

Day 12 Melbourne, Australia NFD

I’ve been MIA for a few days but am back on board. I went with my friend to stay at her sister’s place for easter. Had lots of fun and lots of eating. Most of it heavily carb laden. And I gained 2kg in a week. Back to basics and hopefully not too long before it is gone. I am aiming at low carb today, and a FD tomorrow. I also need to get back to drinking lots of water or herbal teas. I have put all the easter eggs and chocolate on the top shelf in my pantry so that to get anything out I need to get the steps and make a real effort – not just mindlessly snack on them.

We have always had to have the cat shut up in another room at night. Neither of us thought that 3 or 4 am was a good wake up time. Though now that I am no longer there my STBX lets Reginald (the cat) sleep wherever he wants to.

Day 12, Germany, NFD

Line dance class will start again today, I’m glad it is, I need a bit of activity.

@funshipfreddie I think we were really lucky with the cats we had, two of them were young as we got them, two of them were about 7. We always had male cats but I don’t know if that makes any difference. I had to smile about the cat videos, I didn’t know they existed.

Day 12 – DORSET – FD

Had fish and chips last night. It was GF night at the local shop and I haven’t had Fish and chips for ages, it was delicious!

Back to normality now.

Pocket List Day 12🏝️
    dramaqueen6

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@penz – I love your short & sweet post 😅

@northgeorgia – 215?! Just 4 lb from your April target! 💪 Why do you say ‘better to eat earlier than later?’. I find the opposite to be true. The earlier I eat, especially on FDs, the hungrier I become. The longer I can delay eating the better.

@malee57. I’m glad it’s not just me banishing the cat from the bedroom. I still feel guilty after two years; can’t even look at her when I sneak off to bed & leave her watching TV 🙁

@snowflake56 – Boo Boo loves her cat videos. There are loads of them, some lasting 8 – 10 hours or longer. They have them for dogs too. Boo Boo’s favourites are Paul Dinning, Birder King & Awesome Nature. She’s not really interested in birds, but loves anything with mice, squirrels & chipmunks. My TV is set to switch itself off after 4 hours, so hopefully she’s sleepy by then.

Next FD tomorrow, I think…🤔

“If we’re not meant to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge?” ~ Unknown

Day 12 – Ireland – FD 800 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Hi all. I hope everyone is well!

@snowflake56 great for you to get back to your class 🕺
    @dramaqueen6 – I’m intrigued 😀 what is GF night at the chip shop? Whatever it is it sounds niiiice 😋. Maybe Great Fish 😋 or maybe Gluten Free – now that would be Great Food!!! 😁

@malee57! Good to have you back!

That’s an interesting article on Tea @funshipfreddie – 👏 I drink a lot of black tea but add a little milk which I’m cutting down…and a lot of herbals. I might try more green tea… 👍

Ok better dash… 🏃‍♀️ hope you all have a good day

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list Day 12 🏝️

@dramaqueen6

@jaifaim FD 800

Day 12 – USA/GA – ZBC

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Well, had leftovers in the evening from Easter (thanks mom, LOL!) so

@funshipfreddie There’s been some recent studies indicating a slightly better effect on weight loss for those who have an eating window that stops by mid-afternoon. I can’t normally go that route, but I have found the days when I eat later in the evenings, I tend to gain weight compared to those rare days when I don’t eat past 3 p.m. In fact, I’ve often maintained or lost weight when I’ve done an OMAD at lunchtime. But on the other hand, I had a similar effect eating at lunch and supper with one of those meals being just a small “snack” portion. So who knows?

Day 12 U.K. NFD

Steady day today as want to have a great <500 FD tomorrow and start to gear up for the weekend as if I want to achieve a loss this month that’s where I need to make changes

Completely thrown with days this week – Have a good 🐫day all

USA. Day 12. FD

This month seems to be getting away from me!!

Pocket list Day 12 🏝️

@dramaqueen6
    @jaifaim FD 800
    @ccco

I have had a few slip-ups but I am working on it! 🙂

NorthGeorgia, I seem to find the same thing happening. It is best for me to eat earlier in the day, plus that way I also have time to burn off calories.

FUNSHIPFREDDIE, I have found myself in a similar situation. I wake up not feeling hungry but as soon as I start eating I become very hungry. I try to wait as long as I can until I actually do feel a little hungry. My night time eating is worse, though. That’s when I start craving things, even though I am not actually hungry. That gets out of control very quickly, so I need to keep my meals far away from that time. As soon as those cravings come on, I begin to drink a lot of water and some Diet Coke for something with taste. Somehow this emotional eating has something to do with my needing something to do with my hands so having a glass in my hand really helps. Sounds very strange, I know! LOL

I hope everyone is having a lovely day! 🙂

Day 13, NFD, Aus

Checking in. Still have no mojo. Thursdays are supposed to be my FDs but going out for dinner tonight at a nice restaurant with family. So there it is.

Day 13 Melbourne, Australia FD

I tried to keep yesterday low carb and that went quite well. Today is a FD and I will be trying to not eat until mid afternoon. I am like a lot of people as in once I start eating, I have difficulty stopping. I would usually eat my evening meal about 6pm, but my sister eats quite late. Which means that I am eating later than normal for me. Regardless of the time I eat I need to not snack after the meal, and I have been doing that more and more lately. It is often a piece of fruit, but I am not hungry so do not need to eat at all.

Yesterday I put all the chocolate still left from easter on the top shelf in my pantry. It is out of sight as well as impossible to reach without the steps. And I discovered some more chocolate that I had done the same thing with probably close to a year ago. It really can become “out of sight out of mind”.

Pocket List
    @malee57

Day 13, Germany, NFD

Early ballroom dance class today, then the weekly grocery shopping.

@funshipfreddie Did I ever think I would look up videos for cats? No, but I did. I figure it must be exciting for Boo Boo to watch but how can she sleep after watching birds and squirrels. Cats are very interesting animals!

@jaifaim I did have a lot of fun but yesterday it didn’t go well at all. There was a woman in a red shirt acting weirdly, she was all over the place and everyone was annoyed. She was so distracting I didn’t get anything right. She seemed to be on holiday here and wanted to try out line dance.

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@northgeorgia – that sounds tough, stopping food at 3 pm?! I’d really struggle with that. I guess it’s okay for people who wake up hungry. I’ve got no problem going all day without eating until evening on FDs, but, whatever works…

@snowflake56 – 😅 Boo Boo sleeps no problem, but the way she twitches & mumbles in her sleep, I think she’s dreaming about catching something. She used to walk around the TV as if she was trying to get inside it. She doesn’t do that anymore, but she still takes a swipe at the screen occasionally.

@stitchincarol – where did you go?

And our other absent forum friends – @matpi, @daffodil2010, @missybear, @mariaelena, @gardenlily, @michelinme, @linda.b & @maui – I hope you’re all doing okay

Horrifying numbers re the daily consequences of diabetes: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11965157/More-5MILLION-Brits-diabetes.html

And this lunatic doctor?! Words fail me.. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11965449/Fat-GP-sensationally-claims-people-NOT-overweight-simply-eat.html

“I’m just a girl, standing in front of a salad, asking it to be 3 tacos, 2 margaritas & an order of queso”. ~ Unknown

Pocket List – Day 13 🍄
    @malee57
    @funshipfreddie

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

I have been on a food and drink overload for the past week, right up until last night, so much so that I am still STUFFED this morning, and the very thought of eating does not fill me with pleasure. I am a breakfast lover, always have been, OT was only this WOL that took me away from breakfast……..but right now I empathise with all you “can’t eat in the morning” forum members.

I am so bloated too. So today, finally, will be a proper FD as I simply cannot contemplate anything else 😨

I was starting to do a worrying binge type snack thing after work while dinner cooking…slice of ham here, crackers and cheese there, but two days ago I ate two packet of crisps in a row mindlessly as soon as I got home. And I wasn’t even hungry 😱

So I am acknowledging it here, and marking it in the sand, and pulling myself up out of the morass, and will get back to healthy weight. I have put back on every pound I had lost. Time to get real as what is the alternative?

So now I sip on an anti-inflammatory hot tea of mixed spice,turmeric, chilli, black pepper and lemon juice. Black and green tea and tons of water for work. Stop the bloat.

Just catching up on posts and love the idea of cat videos. 😄 We stopped letting our Missie have the run of the house a few years ago, yes she was waking me at 4am and drinking my nighttime water while I slept 😳, but as she got old she started spraying on the walls and doors when she heard noise outside. Now she has the kitchen and living room only, and we always keep the radio on, a nice talk radio channel suits her, and it has stopped all that spraying.

Going to catch up on page 2 as I have been missing since then. Have a great day fellow fasters.

Day 13 – DORSET – NFD

It was supposed to be an FD but my excuse for the day is I have an awful backache (off to the chiropractor this afternoon) and it is making me feel sick, so I am eating so I can take painkillers and a la @penz So there it is!
    Such a wonderful phrase, says it all!

@jaifaim – yes its Gluten Free! Happily for me they only do it on a Tuesday and also luckily for me they are the best fish and chips around here.

Have a lovely day, the sun is shining here I hope it is where you are.

Day 13 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

I’m struggling…..and that’s an understatement! The truth on the scales reflects how much damage I have done recently, totally lost control over the past couple of months. Clothes aren’t comfortable and I feel quite unwell. So here I am again. I really need to start over, get focused and post daily. I know what to do and it starts with giving up alcohol for a while, the amount I have been drinking recently is scary and has resulted in evening binge eating and morning munchies to counteract the hangovers. Crawling back onto the wagon isn’t going to be easy but the alternative terrifies me 😧

Day 13 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Hello all! Happy Thursday 👍

It seems like it’s a bit of a struggle week… but we will get there… and @daffodil2010 it’s fabulous to have you back 🌼👏

Planning a good FD today to try continue the downward trend..so I am 100% with you @daffodil2010 with the teas and water today. Let’s do this 👍

@snowflake56 oh no!!! That sounds comedic but awful! And reminds me of quite a serious safety course I did recently where someone joined in on the day but was totally “anti“ everything the instructor was trying to impart to us… She dealt with it well but there were moments where we literally just had to laugh at what the person was coming out with… no idea where they came from or why they were there on the day – still a mystery 🤔

Hello to absent friends as @funshipfreddie said 👋 – it is quiet here this month. Hope all of you are well.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list Day 13 🍄
    @funshipfreddie
    @malee57
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Second post – edited pocket list.

Huge hello to you @missybear! 👋 . Great to see you and good luck with cutting alcohol – it’s the best thing I’ve done in the past few years and there are a few others here… I’m not off it forever but most of the time. One day at a time….

Pocket list Day 13 🍄
    @funshipfreddie
    @malee57
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @missybear

Day 13 UK FD

Good to see you back @missybear – I’ve been there and you’ve made the decision and youve shown up , you’ve done it before and you can do it again 💕

Pocket list Day 13 🍄
    @funshipfreddie
    @malee57
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs (after an unexpected FD yesterday)! OK, just barely 213, but it counts…and nice to be just 2 lbs away from my target for April.

Interesting to see how folks approach their FDs! Gives us all some new ideas. One new thing I started doing on my WFD is — drinking a small shot of pickle juice LOL The electrolytes really seem to help, especially in the early evening, and there isn’t any effect that I’ve found on breaking the fast, at least as far as weight loss.

Day 13-No. VA USA-FD

Well, weight loss has paused and I am up one #, which is annoying. I do weigh daily, mostly for accountability, or otherwise I can gradually delude myself about how well things are going. @missybear, hang on to the wagon, lots of us are falling off and climbing back on! We will make room!

I cannot decide whether eating breakfast helps me or not. Five years ago, when I first did the program and lost over 20 lbs in three months or so, I did not eat breakfast, and got quite comfortable with it. But evening “snacking”, as described by @daffodil2010, is my Achilles’ heel. There must be a middle ground!

Pocket list Day 13
    @funshipfreddie
    @malee57
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @excelsior12309

Day 14 Melbourne, Australia NFD

Comfortable feeling of PFDS this morning. It was not easy, but I stuck with only fresh fruit and vegies for most of the day and am down 1/2kg this morning. Today I will be out of the house for a large part of the day so that will help with not eating too much. It was quite probably more than 500 calories as I don’t count them. I try to stick with low or no carbs (difficult as I have milk in my coffee, and I love fruit) and vegetable proteins.

I jumped on my sister’s scales this morning and I much prefer mine as hers showed me 1kg heavier than mine did. I don’t really get stuck on the number on the scales – it is the direction of the numbers over time. Just interesting that there is such a big difference.

I generally am not hungry for a few hours until after I get out of bed so don’t eat until late morning. On a FD it will be first food in the afternoon. But late afternoon and evening snacking is my downfall also.

Welcome back @missybear losing control of one’s eating is so difficult to cope with. It is a major reason why so most people put back the weight they lose. And having so much yummy sugary fatty food around makes it so much harder. This forum and the support everyone provides does make it easier to get back on track more quickly than I otherwise would.

Have a good day all (especially our MIA members) and hope whatever is planned goes well.

Day 14, NFD, Aus

TGIF!

Pickle juice, @northgeorgia? As in the liquid that’s in a jar of pickles?

I’m with you @missybear in every way – I’ve also been letting things slide with far too much wine consumption. I know it’s not good for me, I know it’s contributing to weight gain, but it’s such an enjoyably bad habit. I look ahead to the calendar to decide which Day is going to be the Day to quit, but there’s just too much social stuff going on. Excuses, excuses. Someone needs to give me a good kick up the rear! But, we can do it together.

Day 14, Germany, FD800

After a night with heavy hail showers the sun has come out, I think the weather will be nice today.

@funshipfreddie One of our cats also looked behind the TV to see of something was there he could catch. The rise of diabetes is scary, it makes so many lives miserable ones and it can be prevented. People like that fat doctor are dangerous, he’s giving people a free pass for unhealthy living.

@missybear Welcome back! Most of us had hick ups over the past years but also most of us just started again and had success. What helps me is not having tempting foods in the house, plan a good FD ahead, not on the day itself and posting here every day.

@jaifaim Why do some people behave like this when they are in a group of people they don’t even know? Is it just because they want to be in the centre of attention?

@lilymartin, @at, @stitchincarol I hope you’re all well and just busy.

Pocket list day 14

@snowflake56 FD800

Day 14 – DORSEt – FD800

@snowflake56 – we had your weather yesterday, sun, hail, sleet and now rain!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend, I am standing in for my daughter at work for 2 hours tomorrow whilst she has a driving lesson!

Does anyone else feel it has been a strange month?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone ☀️

@snowflake56 FD800
    @dramaqueen6 FD800

Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Had a great FD yesterday, just was not interested in food. Had a protein dinner, felt myself bloating hugely again, so there is definitely something afoot in the digestive department. I am taking prebiotic so hopefully that starts to work soon. I also felt a head cold coming on too, maybe all interlinked, dunno 🤔

But I do have a mojo back. DH boiled some eggs for me for breakfast but I am leaving them until the afternoon and have them to break my fast. Going to try ZBC as much as possible from now on.

I have my Dad down for the weekend so we are out for dinner tonight, then a nice day planned tomorrow so looking forward to that. Seriously back on the wagon with DH on Monday, we both need to lose weight.

@missybear welcome back and as a fellow wino (remember that term used to be here on the forum a few years ago for all us wine drinkers 😆…now it’s Dry till Fri!!!) I fully understand where you are coming from. It’s gotten ridiculous with me too. Glad to have you back.

Seems the wagon is getting a few stragglers back, it’s always a welcoming place no matter how long since last hopped on board.

@funshipfreddie, I am loving your funny quotes 😄

Day 14 – Ireland – CD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅
    157.5lbs

@dramaqueen6 what a brilliant idea! I’d love to have a gluten free fish and chip shop nearby (although not too near all the same 😋 )… hope you are ok and that your backache is not as bad today. Yes it has been the strangest month so far here …

Hi @excelsior12309 I know for me eating breakfast does not help me.. if I open the gates early I just seem to eat for Ireland 🇮🇪. Most work days I try to wait until lunchtime and always try to start my meal with vegetables … weekends are difficult! I always seem to fancy nice breakfasts .. not this weekend… back to where I was two weeks at 157 so if I keep the ficus maybe I can get to goal… I do have a night out this weekend but if I plan it right must be I can actually do this! 💪
    Like @daffodil2010 I had a really good FD yesterday. I felt the power of the pocket list yesterday for sure. Thanks all! 😊

@snowflake56 yes i do think it’s all about attention and no awareness of others and what they are hoping to learn or take away from lessons or courses…

@penz and @northgeorgia apparently pickle juice or vinegars (apple cider in particular) are very helpful for controlling glucose spikes so that would make sense.

Ok off to another busy day here… have a lovely Friday everybody 👋

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 14 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Easy FD yesterday, & today a new ATL, 68 kg.

@daffodil2010 & @missybear – lovely to see you back!

@northgeorgia – 213?! – yessss!! 💪 🎯

@missybear – ditto everything @jaifaim said about alcohol. Although for me it’s only been 6 & a half months. On the 1st October – my first booze-free day – I weighed 73 kg. And I was struggling to stay at that weight, often doing 4:3 & eating like a budgie. And now, without even trying, I’m 5 kg lighter! Eating more than ever & just sticking to vanilla 5:2.

@excelsior12309 – I think there’s a middle ground. If you know you’re going to snack, then plan them. Account for them. Know what you’re going to snack on & when. And maybe don’t buy them in big quantities, so you can only have one of whatever it is you’re going to snack on if it’s something more-ish

@jaifaim – a friend asked me yesterday if I would ever drink alcohol again. I told her I wasn’t planning to. But if my doctor told me I had only months to live, I’d probably drown myself in a vat of rum. Which speaks volumes as to why I’m better off leaving it alone 🚫 🍷

@penz & @northgeorgia – a friend of mine just visited Flagstaff, Arizona on her way back from seeing the Grand Canyon. She found pickle-flavoured candy floss?! 🤮

@snowflake56 – that’s exactly what they are – attention-seekers.

@dramaqueen6 – dunno about a strange month, but a strange week for me with this reno going on. I have to be here at the crack of dawn; well, 8 am to let these guys in & then listen to the racket & tolerate the dust & mess every day. But my rental place is only 5 minutes away, so I sneak off for lunch if it’s not a FD, & then nip home to check on the cat. She’s not crazy about being left alone. I’m looking forward to a normal weekend before the madness starts again on Monday. I think the noisy part is over now anyway.

Happy Fri-yay y’all! 🍹

“I ate a cupcake without sprinkles today. Diets are hard”. ~ Unknown

Second post – god don’t you just love predictive text 😂😂

I won’t be keeping the ficus 🪴… but hopefully will keep the focus 😂😂💪

Day 14 UK NFD

Happy to join the successful Thursday FD club , just need to stay on track over the weekend , which is always my downfall , planning in advance always helps for me so let’s see

Have a good one all

Day 14 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Finally, yesterday was a good day of controlled consumption 🙂 Calorie count a bit higher than normal for a FD but so much better than my recent behaviour.

@funshipfreddie and @jaifaim thank you for your encouragement and advice, I have no wine in the house and plan to keep it that way for now and I expect that will help to get my food intake under control….hoping to follow in your lighter footsteps.

@penz yesterday was ‘The Day’ for me…..partly because I have drunk the wine rack dry 😳 but mainly because I felt so unwell and bloated. I just feel ready for a break from booze. When I was at goal I enjoyed a glass or two of 🍷over the weekend but lately it has become a few glasses every night! Not difficult to work out how I have regained the weight 😟

Have a good day everyone🤗

Day 14 NFD NZ

I’m doing OK now – have completed the week’s FDs but I’m still not down to my April 1st weight…
    Giving my wee Westie a hug. What would I do without him.
    Onward and downward

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – Didn’t weigh…don’t wanna

Hi, everyone! I actually used my phone as a hotspot and posted sometime in the middle of the week to let you know what was going on, but that post never showed up…??? Our internet went down last Saturday morning. We talked to our ISP and they tried to fix it remotely from their end, and that didn’t work, so we had to wait for a technician–and that didn’t happen until yesterday JUST as I was headed out the door to drive to Omaha to teach lessons. 😒 Thankfully, it didn’t take him long–we needed a new modem–and the mom at lessons said it was fine if I was a half hour late, so I’m back with internet…WHEW. I hadn’t realized how much of my daily life uses the internet.

To catch you all up: Easter was lovely, the roast pig was delightful, our friends are a joy, and I’ve been eating too much since then. Oh, and I finished my tax preparation yesterday morning, so that’s a HUGE relief.

The other catch-up detail is we went from barely-spring-temperatures to 89 degrees yesterday. That’s 31 for those of you who don’t do Fahrenheit. Good grief! It’s supposed to be 30-40 degrees cooler over the weekend, and then much more normal spring temps, but talk about a dramatic shift!

@dramaqueen6 What work does your daughter do that you can stand in for her? Such a fascinating thing you can do!

@jaifaim Yeah, your “ficus” had me stumped…it never occurred to me it was supposed to be focus, LOL!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 14 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. OK, gotta keep it under control this weekend 🙂

Day 14 – second post

*takes mom to the all you can eat buffet for lunch*

Yes, it’s under control…

Day 15 Melbourne, Australia NFD

Yesterday went okay. The weather was lovely and great for outside activities like looking through display areas for a garden shed. I went with my STBX, and we had a nice day. Today is going to be a bit iffy so I may for a tram ride and see a different part of the city.

@northgeorgia looking after your mum is very important too so don’t be too hard on yourself. And buffets are not set up to help one’s self-control.

I am with everyone who is trying to reduce their alcohol intake. Since my sister has been staying in my house my one glass of wine a week has become a couple of glasses every couple of days. Back to one glass of red during the family zoom meeting on Friday night.

I need to get dressed and start my day. Have good day all.

Day 15 country west Australia FD
    Apologies for being MIA.
    Have been struck down by a rather nasty stomach bug and spent the last several days either travelling, in bed, working or spending much time in the smallest room in the house!
    I ate something last week which did not agree with me.
    Since then my stomach has decided to reject all food and liquid.
    Not to put too fine a point on it – anything in makes a hasty and quite unpleasant exit .
    So FDs have been unplanned but by default. A trip to the doctor soon I fear.
    Will try to get up for longer later and reply to posts.
    Hope everyone else is faring better.
    The positive news of, course, is that Cruella has been kind.😬

Day 15, Germany, NFD

The birds outside seem to have a lot to talk about this morning, it’s so lovely to hear.

@lilymartin I’m so sorry to hear that, I hope your problem will be solved soon, take care.

@dramaqueen Is your back fine again? Enjoy working today!

Day 15 – Ireland – CD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅
    156.8 lbs

Hello all and happy Saturday!
    I don’t usually record my weight more often than weekly but in a bid to try get to goal by the holiday as I’m so close I’m going to keep an eye on the numbers this week and thrilled to say I’ve hit a new ATL ⬇️ 🎉

Just 1.8lbs now to lose in a week so it is doable but only with sustained focus. 💪 and we all know how easy it is to lose that focus. I will bob up after that on holidays but know that I’ve reached my ultimate goal and will get there again in May. Once you see a number on the scales you know you’ll see it again… it’s like climbing a hill on a bike.. it seems so difficult when you first attempt it but once you’ve done it once you know every other time that you are well capable as long as you do it at your own pace and try not to compete with others to get there first.

With you @brightonbelle and others trying not to let the weekend wobble affect the trend.

@lilymartin I’m so sorry to hear you have been hit with stomach issues. I hope you get to the root of it with your doctor. Great to see you here and also @stitchincarol your weather sounds as crazy as our is (ours not quite so dramatic but I’ve no idea what to wear anymore 😂)

@merryapple sending you hugs 💕

Ok I have to run off now to meet friends for a little hilly hike – the sun is shining and I’m focussed. Night out tonight but will be easy away to eat well I think.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 15 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@northgeorgia – nooo?! 🤦‍♂️ that phrase – ‘all-you-can-eat’ – nothing good can come of it 😳

@lilymartin – hope you’re better soon. Sounds like just what I had recently. I didn’t go to the doctor; just took some probiotics for a few days, & it cleared up after about a week.

@jaifaim – well done on the new ATL! 🥳️ 🎉 🥇🎯

Aiming for a sensible weekend too; maybe a FD tomorrow. Stay away from buffets, people! 😱

“It’s all fun and games until your jeans don’t fit”. ~ Unknown

Pocket List – Day 15 🍌
    @lilymartin

Day 15 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Its a beautiful bright and sunny morning, we haven’t seen much of the sun so far this year just lots of grey skies and rain, so DH and I started the day with a walk. A good start to what is planned to be a healthy booze free weekend. I’ve recharged my ancient Fitbit, reset weight and exercise targets and restarted the tedious task of logging everything that passes my lips. More movement is required, I’ve been rooted to the sofa for most of winter with the only part of me getting regular exercise being my right arm lifting a big glass of wine 😉

@lilymartin oh poor you, your tummy bug sounds horrendous, hope you feel better soon 🤗

@jaifaim congratulations on your new ATL 🎉 your positivity has reminded me of me a few years ago when I was reaching goal and given me hope of getting there again.

Wishing us all a happy, healthy and successful weekend 😘

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply.