Amazing and Awesome Actionable ( AAA) April

This topic contains 317 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  AT 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 319 total)

• Day5 NFD NZ

Hi all! Remember you are all Amazing and Awesome and you can do this!!😁
    Great support advice @lilymartin and @funshipfreddie
    Am off out and have taken Muesli and fresh fruit for lunch.
    What’s this about farming Octopuses in Spain/Canary Islands??? I stopped eating Octopus after watching the amazing South African doco My Octopus Friend. Truely inspirational.
    Onward and downward!

Day 5, FD, Aus

Thanks for the pep talk @lilymartin, @snowflake, @jaifaim and others – this really is a wonderfully supportive group.

I had an excellent night’s sleep (7 hours straight which for me is amazing), took the dogs out for a foggy morning walk and feel motivated and in the right headspace to try a FD today. Then I channelled @stitchincarol and spoke sternly to myself – there is no try, only do! So a FD it will be!

“menopause apron” – what a perfectly apt term, @daffodil2010!

I enjoyed that doco too, @merryapple. While I [used to] love eating octopus I don’t now if I could anymore!

Day 5 country West Australia FD 84.0 kgs 184.8 lbs
    I agree with @merryapple, we are all Amazing and Awesome and absolutely able to take action in April !
    It sounds as though the 5:2 gloomies are upon some of us😔. Time to put on our big girls’/boys’ pants and hold fast to the wagon.
    ( Someone back in the day in 2016/17 talked about pulling our big pants on !!)
    I am living proof that you do NOT want to stop now!!!!!!😱😱😱
    This time around I am really aware of the health benefits of 5:2. It is better for my gut and gut health; any weight loss is good for my joints, my back and especially my heart and BSLs etc.
    Our health system in Australia is in pretty dire straits so trying to keep myself away from doctors and hospitals!!😁
    However, I too was not as mindful and controlled yesterday as I had hoped to be. 🙄
    Pre-Easter cooking which I tasted more than I normally would.
    De-constructed lasagne , basically the meat sauce with mustard and chilli added then just break up the lasagne sheets and cook in the sauce. Too delicious !!! Plus cake !!!😋😋 and I sampled far more than Cruella cared for.
    But she was more lenient than I expected so am looking forward ( yes looking forward !!!) to a FD today.
    As I said yesterday, my Mojo is BACK!!!!! and I am more than happy to give some to @penz, @daffodil2010 and anyone else who might need some. I have plenty – probably stored up from 6 years of not having so much??
    I WILL be under 83 kgs by April 30th!! And I am aware that it might be easier at times when one has a LOT ( 25 kgs !!!) to lose rather than the final few kilos which is often harder, as maintenance can be.
    I am choosing not to be fat any more and I often think of your quote @at about quitting . 🤔
    @funshipfreddie, glad to hear you are better/almost better.
    @penz, so glad you had a good night’s sleep. It makes all the difference. We WILL have a good FD today😇
    @northgeorgia, Cruella bobs up and down but as long as the trajectory is generally down it is all good.🤗
    @brightonbelle, the wagon is pretty big and glad that you and others are back on the wagon with us. 👏
    Last year I think I nearly tipped the whole wagon over the few times I half-heartedly clambered aboard due to my size.
    BUT here I am and some kilos lighter and SO pleased about all the support on this forum.💐💐
    As @Fushipfreddie does, I often read or look things up when my motivation is waning.
    Have a wonderful day everyone .
    We’ve got this.
    Piblokto – hysterical disassociative state occurring in Eskimo women in which the individual screams, tears off her clothes and runs out into the snow .

Day 4 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

A very late post for me today…I couldn’t stomach the idea of being honest with you all, and I couldn’t flat-out lie, so it was simplest just to remain silent…some days are like that, right? But, my depression ended up with a lovely change: I was 155.0 this morning–you can well imagine my horror and sorrow. I went through my day having to find a toilet every time I turned around–between teaching lessons and running errands, I had to find lots of them! Slowly, it dawned on me that I’d had a bunch of water retention this morning, so I weighed myself a moment ago, at 8:00pm at night. And, drumroll…..I’m already down to 152.8. Still not a lovely number, but to be down two pounds of water makes me feel much better.

And then? I saw your post @penz, and realized I need to give myself the same stern talking-to you’ve given yourself!

@at I’m sorry you had the same attack I did, but it’s comforting to know you and I are in the same boat! Well–WERE. I’m assuming you’ve gotten out, and it’s time I did as well.

@jaifaim How wonderful that banning your phone and all other devices from your bedroom gave you immediate improvement in your sleeping!

@northgeorgia I thought the college president was a good lunch partner as he also fasts, or at least eats minimally or something? I thought that’s something you said last time you ate with him…

@lilymartin “Piblokto” is screamingly funny!!! Next time things feel too overwhelming to cope, I’m going to consider that!!! *

I’m sticking to my plan of getting up at 5:00 or 5:30 every morning, so now, at 8:25, my eyes are getting very heavy–it’s been a long and productive day and I’m ready to sleep.

I think there was something else I was going to say, but I’m shutting down fast, so this will have to be it! Sweet dreams, and have a great day, depending on where you are in the world!

* Well, simply CONSIDER it, not consider DOING it! Let’s be serious here…

Day 5 Melbourne, Australia NFD

Yesterday’s FD went okay. But it is now midday after a night shift, so I have to be hypervigilant as I tend to eat mindlessly when I am tired. I have had only a couple of hours sleep and will read a book or play on the computer and eat while I am doing so.

Have a good day all.

Day 5, Germany, NFD

Just checking in, not much happening in this part of the world.

Day 5 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Hi all! Yesterday was busy and active. I’m tired today.

Yes @stitchincarol it is early days for this new habit 🛌 📱 but I had to take desperate measures… was finding I’d wake… check time on the phone and was then awake awake.. and sometimes scrolling… I’m still waking but am getting back to sleep much faster…

@lilymartin I’m feeling your energy – it’s amazing! And just goes to show how things turn around when you least expect it… Piblokto – what a word! I used it last night with my sister who is having really bad night flashes – so I could not get this image out of my mind.. 😂
    @penz I’m so glad you felt the motivation winging it’s way down to you… any change you make now will make a huge difference to your confidence for your party 🎉

@merryapple so can you 💪. We are strong… I need the mantra today… have woken hungry.
    I’m not a huge fan of octopus 🐙 (eating it that Is – they are amazing creatures ) and thank god we don’t get much of it here . What an interesting documentary that was… what a kind and interesting man 😇

@malee57 I hope the day went well after the night shift. And @brightonbelle that you are getting back into the zone? When is your holiday? We can do it 💪

Is anyone with me for a FD today?

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket list Day 5 🐪

@jaifaim

Day 5 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

My appetite is back with a vengeance, trying to make up for lost time/food 😳 So it’s a hump day FD for me; first FD in 6 days. Seems longer somehow.

@merryapple – I still haven’t gotten around to watching that documentary. But I found this news article about the planned octopus farm in the Canary Islands:-
    https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/02/24/an-environmental-disaster-europe-will-soon-be-home-to-the-world-s-first-octopus-farm

Gotta run – Happy Hump Day! 🐫

“Intermittent fasting: the balance between listening to your body….and telling it to shut up” ~ Unknown

Pocket List – Day 5 🐪
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie

Day 5-No. VA- FD

Yesterday was a big pointless eating day…please put me on the pocket list today, and I am trying to climb back on the wagon, as @lilymartin said…hold on everyone because I might tip it over!

Pocket LIst–Day 5
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309

Day 5 – USA/GA – NFD/ZBC

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Planning to make Thursday a FD because of all the rain forecast. Hopefully will stay below 220, because I came really close to 219 today. I am trending a little higher than March, and Easter is on its way… But thankfully it’s all happening right here at the start of the month, so the remainder of the month should be a bit easier. For encouragement, I looked back in July and saw that it was possible to hit 218 one week and 210 or 211 the next. So surely by the end of the month, I can see 211. Playing the long game!

Day 5 – Rural Nebraska, USA – 150.4

It’s a much better weight than yesterday morning, but a horrible weight compared to last Wednesday. When I said my eating was out of control on Sunday, I well and truly meant it. I’m about two pounds up over last week. Did I actually eat 7,000 extra calories? No, I don’t believe so…but I’m sure I ate an extra 3,500. In the nooks and crannies of each day, I’ve managed to sew a new straight skirt for Easter (a lovely soft pink and white tiny houndstooth plaid) that only needs a button and buttonhole and a hem to be done…and a loss of five pounds to be perfectly flattering, LOL. So, I’ll eliminate as much salt as I can over the next few days, and that will hopefully eliminate some puffy bloat and help that skirt to be as flattering as possible.

Some days, it’s all about the vanity, right?

@funshipfreddie Funny quote about IF!

@excelsior12309 I feel your pain about a “big pointless eating day” yesterday. Now take a deep breath and make the choices you actually want to make; you’ve got this.

@northgeorgia Last week, I truly thought I might win our competition this week by hitting 149 four times. And then the weekend–and, particularly, Sunday–hit and that possibility is out the window. Things can indeed change quickly!

Okay, off to work my list. To stay out of the kitchen yesterday (I had some lessons cancel so was home several hours early), I went over to church and practiced music for Easter for two hours; this morning’s schedule has me pulling the rest of the music for all four services in front of me and practicing them all, plus doing some church secretary work, so I’ll be out of the kitchen again. All good, right? This is the busiest week of the year for me, but it’s also a week I adore…I love playing the organ, I love finding lovely new music to introduce the hymns (I have a HUGE library of organ music, all indexed by tune name), I love sewing (@gardenlily, where are you?), I love planning dinners…what’s not to love?

So, I’m off. Strength and RESOLVE to all fasters. @penz did your stern talking-to do the trick??

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 6 FD NZ

Hmmm FD morning… sitting drinking a cup of hot water…
    Have given the wee white Westie a brush. Feeling glum when my MIA hairdresser texted me to ask if I’d liked a cut on Saturday. What! A reward! Yes! Of course!
    Onward and downward!

Day 6, NFD, Aus

Great way to start the FD @merryapple! You’ll feel like new on Saturday.

Unfortunately, your mojo gift did not make it across the country @lilymartin and yesterday’s FD ended up with a butter chicken and red wine extravaganza. Facing family this weekend for Easter means I won’t get back on track until next week. Sigh. I’m only trying, not doing…

Day 6 country west Australia CD 83.4 kgs 183.48 lbs
    @jaifaim, I was on the FD pocket list yesterday as I was working a 10 hour day and I find it easier to skip a meal and just have fluids. Had a small salad for dinner after an apple for lunch. Sweet!!!!
    And the scales were the lowest they have been for almost 5 years!!!!!!!!!!! ( apart from a week last year when we both got Covid and DH couldn’t eat so I joined him. )
    This is due to living 5:2 as a WOL/E and sticking to the main principles. 😊
    To all those who are struggling or have lost their mojo, I really do understand where you are coming from.
    That has been my life for the past 5 years.
    But it is day at a time and one EFS day just means that the next day can be a re-set.
    @northgeorgia and @stitchincarol although I weigh daily I only take the number on a Saturday morning to compare. Weight can move up and done by a few kgs/lbs during a day so comparing at the same time once a week can be helpful. And 152.8 !!! I can only hope!!😁
    @stitchincarol, Your skirt sounds gorgeous! I love pink !! I’m sure you will look fab!
    @penz PLENTY of mojo zipping around for anyone who needs it. Don’t let one day or even one week derail you. As long as you are on the wagon , you are hanging in.
    Sometimes in 2016/17 I was only hanging on by the end of a solitary fingernail – but it worked !!😅
    @malee57 trust your resolve stayed strong and you got through without overeating. 🙏
    @merryapple, what a wonderful reward! Nothing like a haircut to feel better.😊
    @Funhipfreddie, so glad your appetite has returned ….I think……🤔🤣
    @excelsior12309 back on the wagon is the best place to be 💐.
    Seriously you could not affect the wagon more than I did with my bulk. 😔 Which I am pleased to say is slowly reducing one day at a time.😁
    But every day I have to be very mindful around food so I try to only have FDs and CDs.
    The NFDs were always the days I found more difficult. Calories hide themselves in the oddest and most unexpected places
    FDs kind of the care of themselves.
    Easter is also here. Hot Cross buns with lashings of hot butter, fish, Sunday feast AND chocolate galore 😋😋😋😋😋 – 😱😱😱 but I am deciding NOW that I will be controlled. I can always have what I want at another time.😬
    Note to myself : I.WILL.NOT.OVEREAT. THIS.WEEKEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!( I may need to invest in some strong gaffer tape for my mouth ……)
    We CAN do this. Otherwise there may be some Piblokto happening here.
    Plenty of PERSIFLAGE today : light raillery or banter !
    But more seriously, have a good day whether fasting or not. Plenty of support for those struggling.
    Mojo and empathy in spades.
    @penz , sending you some mojo by expresspost !!

second pot.
    I have just listened to an online seminar about exercise and how people do not like to c intently do it.
    Some very good tips. One take home for me is not to think of yourself as ‘ trying’ to do/be something but to think of yourself as doing or being the thing.
    For example, with running. Don’t think ‘ I m taking up running’ Or I am trying running’ but think ‘ I AM a runner’.
    So think I AM fasting, I AM doing 5:2 etc. Don’t think I am ‘trying’ to fast .

Day 6, Germany, NFD

The nights are still below zero here but in the morning the sun comes out and warms everything up. We went to the Netherlands yesterday to do a bit of grocery shopping and to browse a few charity shops. We found some nice things we don’t need and of course more books. You can never have too many unread books in the house to choose from.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 6 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Morning all! I’m tired again today – like you @lilymartin, I had a 10 hour day and didn’t have much time for food but when I did eat I was so hungry that I was over 500cals but not hugely… I’m so sorry was in such a rush yesterday morning that i didn’t spot you all ahead of me on pocket list.
    Thanks @funshipfreddie for fixing that 😇 and glad to hear you are back to enjoying your food.

Yes @snowflake56 I have lots of unread books at home but still keep giving them a good home 😂 … hoping to have the chance to read a lot on holidays as am back to reading but don’t have a lot of time these days… days are getting brighter here but still a lot of rain about… ☔️

@penz 💪 one day at a time…

@excelsior12309 no fear of that… we are all in this together – the wagon is steady 🚌

@northgeorgia it’s incredible how the weight goes up/down – I’m up slightly again 🙃

@stitchincarol sounds like a fun day yesterday – hope the resolve stayed with you. 👍 yes where is @gardenlily?

@merryapple I hope you are ok… glum days are rubbish and tough and come out of nowhere… 💕

I’d better go for a FD800 today with the weekend ahead of us tomorrow. I have resolve not to go mad but it’s one of the tougher ones and if I eat some chocolate and nice food on Sunday so be it… this is what this WOL is all about. So effort today ahead of fun and good food 🐣

@daffodil2010 – how are you? And others @songbirdme? You are probably there…. 👋

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list Day 6 🌼

@merryapple
    @jaifaim FD 800

Day 6 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Classic FD yesterday, just over 500 cals. A new low of 68.4 kg, & a 92 sleep score! 🎯

@lilymartin – congrats on the 5 year low! 🥳️ 🎉 🥇 “So think I AM fasting, I AM doing 5:2 etc.” Yes! I think that’s another way of framing ‘RESOLVE’ &, “Do or do not. There is no try.”.

Interesting 12 min YouTube video from a guy who’s lost 120 lb & maintained it for 2 years. He makes fasting sound so matter-of-fact & easy. Some funny comparisons between fasting & ‘The Biggest Loser’ approach 😅 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C86tOyyQaJ0&list=WL&index=109&t=477s

Sending RESOLVE to the Thursday fasters 🎯 💪

“People need to understand the difference between WANT & NEED.
    Like, I WANT abs, but I NEED chocolate.” ~ Unknown

Day 6 UK FD

Morning – I was sure I posted yesterday but looks like it disappeared, anyway fasting today in an attempt to get back to where I was last Friday , unfortunately I was so happy with the weight I proceeded to blow it all at the weekend , which as we have an extra long Easter weekend looming really wasn’t clever

Wise words @lilymartin an elusive mojo together with those weird daily fluctuations can easily derail me , as you say one day at a time

I have Sicily booked up in 8 weeks @jaifaim and the memory of how uncomfortable I was in the heat last year due to extra weight is pushing me to do something 👙- I just need to work on my consistency

Clothes can be a real motivator @stitchincarol can’t they ? Good luck with the skirt it sounds lovely

Pocket list Day 6 🌼

@merryapple
    @jaifaim FD 800
    @brightonbelle

Day 6 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. No, wrong way! Last this weight on Feb 26. And right before Easter…eeek. Well, at least not back in the 220s yet. Gotta make a major U-turn in the coming weeks. Still time…

Pocket list Day 6 🌼

@merryapple
    @jaifaim FD 800
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Day 6 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 150.4

Astonishingly, that’s the same weight as yesterday! I actually didn’t eat much yesterday, just too busy and at church, not home, so I’m well set up for today’s WF. I cancelled lessons for today because we have service tonight, and I need to be there at 6:15 for choir to go over their two pieces; will that make a WF doable, or will it be a challenge not to be gone? We’ll see. And, if my body protests too loudly, I’ll eat some eggs for the protein; I do have to play the organ and direct the choir tonight, so need energy not required on most evenings. We’ll see.

@merryapple Enjoy that hair cut on Saturday! I’m getting auburn highlights tomorrow and am quite looking forward to the results; our hairdressers have a way of making us feel wonderful, don’t they?

@penz I went through MONTHS of only trying, not doing, so I feel your pain. But please don’t drift away; we love having you here, and at some point, you’ll get back on track. It’s really a mental game, isn’t it? I think the biggest challenge I face now is truly–TRULY–understanding that, since I no longer BURN 2200-2500 calories, I can no longer EAT 2200-2500 calories. I miss my 32-year-old body, LOL! So learning that I’m in a new stage of life, where I burn less and therefore must eat less–that’s a huge challenge. And your butter chicken and red wine sound delicious! 😘

@lilymartin The lowest weight in five years is HUGE; congratulations! I started weighing constantly in my early 20s, and I weighed 112-115 then. I was fascinated to see what regular eating did to my weight, and how much I lost while sleeping, etc., etc. So, while it probably appears I’m obsessive about weighing because I worry too much about losing, I’ve done this for over 40 years, LOL, and I’m obsessive simply because being obsessive is my nature…you should see the schedule I have for cooking Easter dinner, with things planned down to the minute! 😂 And my skirt is nearly done! I sewed in the buttonhole this morning, and the button and have half the hem sewn in, so another 20 minutes and I’ll be done. Sadly, it’s not as lovely a look as when I was 132, but it’s a pretty fabric, and I’ll feel very springy. So, what’s typical Easter fashion in the lower half: do you put children in fall colors rather than pastels?

@lilymartin (yes, again, since you posted again, LOL) That’s an excellent point about our mental approach, focusing on BEING rather than ATTEMPTING/STARTING. Hmm…don’t know if I’ve successfully summed it up, but I know what you mean, and think it’s excellent.

@snowflake56 Your post about shopping in the Netherlands made me smile; enjoy those books on your bookshelf!

@jaifaim I’m guessing you prefer printed books to ebooks? I felt that way for a long time, and then seriously tried ebooks, and I’ve never gone back. My instinct is still to buy books occasionally–I have five new books (some quite small) on my nightstand, but haven’t cracked them since I bought them three weeks ago–but I love my Kindle: I can take ten books with me on trips, and they weigh only ounces!

@brightonbelle Clothes are indeed a huge motivator…and the closer I am to goal weight, the more the clothes motivate me. After all, the difference in appearance 3 pounds make when I’m twenty pounds overweight is far less than than when I’m only 3 pounds overweight…I remember those days, LOL! And Sicily? FUN.

Okay, off to church to do church secretary stuff and practice the organ, then into town to run my last errands before Easter–hopefully, anyway–and then church tonight. Busy day, but fun day.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket list Day 6 🌼
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim FD 800
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day7 Good Friday NZ

Lost my post…
    Well done @lilymartin Leading by example! I’ll hitch my wagon to yours if I may.
    @stitchincarol love the sound of your skirt.
    I’m off to tidy the house. I’m cooking a roast of lamb for friends this evening.
    Happy Easter everyone
    Onward and downward! Or at least a flat line over the weekend…

Day 7, Germany, FD800

No frost this morning but rain, my DH is at work so after a shower I’ll be in my reading chair. Reading is the best to keep me out of the kitchen.

@lilymartin Well done on having the lowest weight in five years!

@jaifaim One of the best things of being retired is the time you have to read books, while working full time in the past, we often were too tired to read in the evening and like you, most of the reading had to wait until the holidays.

@stitchincarol Your skirt sounds nice! I hope your service went well. Browsing through second hand bookshops is our favourite thing to do, owners of second hand bookshops are often interesting people and love what they are doing. It’s not just about selling books.

@merryapple Did you get rid of the rats?

For the book lovers among us a short and a longer video about the joy of books:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVcQnyEIT8&t=20s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPfThpelv48&t=33s

ay 7 – Ireland – NFD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅
    157.8 lbs

Morning all! I’ve had a few hectic few days and a classic case of doing well and easing off just the tiniest bit …. so the long sought after downward trend (slooooooooooooow) has halted…but happy in the 150s – lesson learned and will be back to it 😂

@stitchincarol I look ebooks and my kindle particularly for travel and reading at night but still have a lot of physical books to read and people keep passing on books… cutting screen time for me also means I’m trying to get back to that book pile – so like you I have a few books on the go at one time.. my focus is patchy right now though and I find I use it all up with work… but long weekend ahead…

@merryapple yum!!! New Zealand lamb 🇳🇿. So frustrating about the lost post…

@brightonbelle Fabulissimo 🏖️ ☀️. That will fly in!!
    But enough time to make a difference ☀️ 👙

@funshipfreddie great and interesting video – thank you! It really focuses my mind on those 2 good FDs…. No messing on those days…. And then no risk of affecting the basal metabolic rate.. but also we do have the tools and we know how to use them ⚒️ 🧰

Hi @snowflake56 just spotted your post as I close out.. thanks for the links! 📚 nothing like rain to make a day a book day ♥️

Happy Good Friday
    🐣 🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 7 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@snowflake56 – Thanks for the YouTube links. I love books too, & enjoy wandering around used book stores. But I got rid of most of mine during my several moves over the last 4 years. Like @stitchincarol, I’m a big Kindle fan. It used to be my favourite possession; until I got the Kindle app on my phone 😅

A few weeks ago I started juicing a lemon every morning & adding the juice to a glass of water. Mainly as a way of reducing my morning coffee/tea consumption. But apparently many people swear by lemon water to aid weight loss & boost metabolism. I really can’t say if it has anything to do with my weight loss/maintenance, but it certainly can’t hurt 🍋

Happy Good Fri-yay y’all!

Pro Tip: If you stir coconut oil into your kale, it makes it easier to scrape it into the trash.

Pocket List – Day 7 🍋
    @snowflake56 FD800

Day 7 – UK – FD800
    Day 6 – FD600
    Day 5 – NFD

Day 6 was my first FD of the week, sadly did not manage that planned FD on Day 4 – @stitchincarol my mojo deserted me for the week but I worked hard to find it again yesterday and managed to harness it in and completed a FD600

Day 4 – Had a wonderful walk (4.5miles) in sunshine with my walking group, but a small group of us ended up having lunch at a lovely cafe on the shores of Windermere enjoying the views in the sunshine and then I went on to cook a lovely meal for OH and I that evening so definitely a NFD 😚

Day 5 – overcast, wet and miserable and certainly did not feel like fasting…….

Day 6 – started with my 9am Aerobics class then a day’s baking – scones and flapjack for OH’s post run carbo load and another banana bread (to take to my friend’s house today where we are walking from and will return for coffee afterwards) using pecans again as the last one worked so well and I had some left over – Pilates at 6pm then headed straight off to my book club getting there a bit late but a very enjoyable evening, I had a coffee whilst the others indulged in some wine/beer – we go to the local YHA for our meetings and it’s a lovely setting overlooking Windermere so enjoyed beautiful sunset views across the lake

This morning Cruella came up with a weight of 58kg/9st 2lbs/128lbs – that a loss of 3.6kg/8lbs from that high of 61.6kg on Ash Wednesday – the alcohol free Lent has rewarded me well 💃

Happy to report that I woke up to another beautiful day, with bright blue skies and sunshine with a high of around 14 expected so will be heading out for our Friday hike 🥾 with the group soon

I have a FD800 planned and have accounted for my calories on MFP to keep me on track and have even included a small slice of that banana bread!!!!!

@lilymartin – thank you for the inspiring posts and I am glad that my quote resonates with you too and well done on that “scales were the lowest they have been for almost 5 years!”
    @funshipfreddie – great to hear that you have recovered at last from that tummy bug
    @snowflake56 – I too have lots of unread books at home and came back with 2 more from yesterday’s book club…..🤣
    @merryapple @stitchincarol – having just had a hair cut on Tuesday I totally agree that “our hairdressers have a way of making us feel wonderful”

Right must go off to get ready to drive to my friend’s house where we are meeting for our walk (about 1/2hr drive) but attaching myself to that pocket list with @snowflake56 for motivation and as a reminder of my plans for today

Pocket List – Day 7 🍋
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @at FD800

🐣 Happy Good Friday 🐣

Day 7 UK NFD

Off for a lovely walk on the South Downs over to Lewes this morning to get the Easter weekend off to a positive start

I’m a kindle convert too , took a while but the convenience is fabulous, I still revert to a “real” book every so often 📖

Have a good one all

Day 7 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. Well, what can we say? Let’s keep the chocolates and extra helpings under control this weekend! LOL! Good luck to all of us!

My next FD is going to be Monday. Nothing major planned until Easter dinner, so if I avoid a lot of snacking and runaway portions, I should be fine.

Day 7 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WF until tonight – 149.6

Yesterday’s WF went fine until I had communion at worship last night, and that bit of bread/wine set me off with a hunger I couldn’t bear or control, so I turned it into a FD500–and then it became a FD800. 😂 I traditionally fast on Good Friday until after our service tonight, so that’s today’s plan.

I’ve read everyone’s posts, and am smiling at our friendship, but my mind is absorbed with today’s to-do list. By some miracle, I’ve kept the house tidy since my cleaning lady came a week ago, so a little vacuuming is all that’s needed to have the house ready for Sunday’s guests. The yard needs some serious attention, however (branches dropped from trees, dead stuff I leave all winter but ready to be removed now, little collections of leaves here and there, etc), and I’m hoping I can get myself outside this morning to make a start for an hour or so. I have a pistachio pastry cream to make today and save for Sunday when I’ll assemble the cake (a sponge I’ll bake tomorrow, and a raspberry layer). Tomorrow, DS26 is coming up to debone our suckling pig and prepare it to be ready to roast when we get home from church on Sunday; I’ll be putting away my Lent stuff and getting out the Easter decorations, and then setting the table. Years ago, when we first started having actual dinner parties–as opposed to friends over for dinner–I discovered that setting the table takes a full hour when doing tablecloth/fabric napkins/china/silverware/multiple glasses, etc, so should you need to know that piece of trivia, there you go, and you’re welcome. 😂😂

See? I can chatter just fine if I stick to what’s filling my brain, LOL!

Have a great weekend, everyone, and Happy Easter!

Day 7 (well, Days 1-7 as I am behind)

My first April post is way overdue as hubby & I have had COVID. Guess that is my excuse for not standing strong with you all. But due to lowered appetite, I am at the low end of my maintenance, and happy for that!

I am Gwynne, 74 yo woman, retired music teacher living in NW Illinois, USA. I’ve been on 5:2 since March 2016 starting at nearly 200pounds (90kg). Over the next 9 months I got down to my maintenance weight of 160 (72.5) and have happily been right about there since early 2017. I am 5’6″ (1,67m) and that weight is right at about 25 BMI allowing for some puffing of my aging skin wrinkles. I keep busy with volunteering for our Choral Society and children’s museum. Exercise at Silver Sneakers when I am well.

Our choral concert of Mar 26 seemingly was a super spreader for COVID as I knw of at least 10 who got infected there or subsequently, but we still don’t know by whom! Director, accompanist and lots of singers have tested positive with varying degree of ailments. And all of us, of course, have been vaccinated. Oh well —

I hope to get better at staying with you all and supporting. Hugs to everyone, remembering Good Friday and thankful to be forgiven.

Onward and downward.

Day 8 NFD NZ

The morning after the night before…
    @jaifaim I used a Robert Carrier recipe for the lamb. Its point of difference was stabbing the lamb (I quote…) and massaging in a mix of garlic, oregano, lemon zest, juice and olive oil. Then when cooked and resting, add a tin of tomatoes and Kalamata olives to the gravy. I like using old recipe books by great chefs. Their recipes can be quite surprising because they’re not in fashion.
    The reason I was glum was I had been to the GP and had my fears confirmed. I have RSI in my R arm and hand because of my e-biking style. Auckland is very hilly and our main ride is to the dog park. The way back has a lot of up hill with a couple of big intersections. The total weight of me, my wee Westie and the bike is around 120kg. The lights turn green and I go from whoa to go as quickly as I can putting a whole lot of strain through my arms… The take home is use the jet propulsion on the bike ie let the bike do the work… I need acupuncture, sports physiotherapy, meds and REST to crack it as fast as possible.
    @funshipfreddie LOL Coconut oil is in everything now. Definitely not a favourite flavour… Unless in a Pacific Island dish.
    @at Your walks sound so beautiful. My gt grandmother spent her last years in the Lake District and was very much into exercise. I have a photo of her with skis in Austria – walking up the snowy slopes carting two wooden planks over her shoulder!
    @excelsior12309 Hang with us. As everyone says it’s a WOL that normalises the way you eat. I’ve got a long way to go but I’m here…
    @songbirdme Hope you’re feeling better. Lovely to hear your backstory. At the moment I can’t image getting near 60kg but who knows in a year’s time!!!!
    @stitchincarol I’d love to be a guest at your table!
    @snowflake56 I’ve nailed the bait down so time will tell…
    @northgeorgia Well done! You’re onto it.
    @penz Enjoy the weekend with your family. Sounds lovely.
    Have a lovely relaxing weekend one and all.
    I’m off to get my haircut
    Onward and Downward

Day 8, Germany, NFD

I’m at the wrong site, I’m way better at talking about books than I am talking about weight loss and fasting! Interesting to read so many of you are reading on a Kindle and also have a lot of unread books in the house. I tried out a Kindle while on holiday with a friend but as I’m having problems with my left hand, it was too inconvenient to hold it for a longer period of time. I also like the physical aspect of books and not to forget the smell.

@funshipfreddie I also liked the talk of the man who lost so much weight and he really does make fasting sound so matter-of-fact & easy. If you stick to the plan it is easy but somehow sticking to it not that easy. Thanks for making yesterday’s pocket list, I forgot to make it.

@merryapple Enjoy your new haircut!

Day 9 – Ireland – NFD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

@songbirdme great to see you back…. But so very sorry to hear you’ve had Covid. You poor thing. Hopefully you are on the mend..

I have a busy day ahead with mum and relatives visiting later and have slept a little too long 🤭 so a short check in today. I’ll aim to walk later once I have everything organised as it is another lovely day. ☀️

@merryapple oh what a shame! But hopefully you can
    do all the right things and get back to enjoying the freedom of the bike soon as possible… it sounds like a fabulous way for you and Mack to get around all those hills! 🐶 🚲

@snowflake56 I loved both videos – thank you!! Lots to reflect on after the longer one … and reminded me of a drama I watched a few years back on UK tv about where society is going tech wise…. Oooh doesn’t bear thinking about…

Have a great day all and power to any fasters.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 8 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

It looks like we’re in for a gloomy, cool & wet Easter weekend in this part of the world. A shame for the visitors & beach-goers, but what can you do?

@snowflake56 – sticking to the plan isn’t easy. But it’s not that difficult either. It just takes a little grit & determination. Just two days a week. So much easier than daily deprivation for weeks or months, & then the endless yo-yo dieting so many people endure.

Dr Mosley’s weekly column from the UK Mail:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11950407/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-hidden-sleep-disorder-make-women-feel-tired-day.html

Wishing everyone a great Easter weekend! 🐣 🌤 🌈

“You know when you buy a bag of salad & it gets all brown & soggy? Cookies don’t do that.” ~ Unknown

Day 8 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD/OMAD/FD500-800? – 148.4

Like my indecision about what today will be?? 😂 DH and I went to a lovely Italian restaurant last night after our Good Friday service, and ended our no-alcohol-in-Lent along with a lovely homemade ricotta appetizer; this has become a bit of a tradition with us to do that, and it’s a lovely quiet time after the busy week.

Normally my to-do list for this day before Easter is crazy long and only gets done with absolute determination and racing; somehow I’ve been so good about staying on top of my comprehensive list that, while it’s busy, it’s easily doable. Plus it’s fun: putting out the Easter decorations, setting the table for Easter dinner, and a little bit of cooking, plus another hour or two of practicing the organ.

@songbirdme So sorry you and your DH had covid, but glad for the silver lining of a few pounds gone, and more glad you sound to be mostly over it…right?

@merryapple Loved the description of your Robert Carrier recipe, and so sorry about your RSI diagnosis; hopefully you can get it healed quickly!

@funshipfreddie, @jaifaim, @snowflake56 I read and smiled at your posts. 😍

DS26 drove up after work last night…well, this morning, as he got here around 3am. He’s a server in a country club–as is DS31–and works very late and then it takes him several hours before he’s sleep ready. He’s up to accomplish things today–he plays trumpet for church tomorrow, so we need to practice, and he’s preparing the pig for roasting tomorrow–so I have to tiptoe around the house until he gets up at 9:30. But I can start putting out the Easter decorations and that will be quiet, so I’m off to get started.

@gardenlily
    @maui
    @michelinme

We miss you! There are others, so if you haven’t been here, and your name isn’t listed, it’s just because you’ve posted recently enough that I’m trusting you’ll be back within a week, or I’ve accepted you’re gone for now. Which doesn’t mean I don’t miss you…

😉❤️

Have a great day, everyone, and happy Easter to all who celebrate! Or, as we say, “He is risen!”

Day 8 – USA/GA – ZBC

Weigh-in: 217 lbs (OK, I waited until after ZBC to weigh in LOL, but still…)

Anyway, here’s hoping today and tomorrow won’t put me over 220. Best wishes everyone and happy Easter!

Day 9, Germany, NFD

Happy Easter!

We woke up by the sound of church bells on 6:19 am! A mistake, it took the vicar 3 minutes to get out of bed and stop the bells from ringing. I like the sound of church bells ringing and it was a nice sound to start the day with.

@at Wherever we go, we always come home with books, there are just too much interesting ones to find.

@jaifaim Over the last 20 years so many antiquarian bookshops like the one in the video closed down, they are the ones we like to spend the day.

@funshipfreddie You’re so right, I just have to stick to the plan I made. Why am I making a plan but don’t really plan to follow it? From now on I’m determent to stick to it!

@stitchincarol What a lovely tradition to have a romantic dinner together. We never have any Easter decorations in the house, I never thought about doing it. I think it’s partly because of the colours, we’re more dark blue, dark green and burgundy people although the walls of the halls and staircaises are sunflower yellow.

Day 9 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD 🐣

Brrr! Weather for ducks here, max 16 °C. I may venture out later if it brightens up. Otherwise I’m going to do some yoga & then curl up with the cat & read. And hit the ground running with this week’s first FD 💪

@snowflake56 – 6:19 am?! I would NOT have been amused, Easter Sunday or not 😲

Happy Easter to all my fellow fasters 🐇 🐣 🌱

“You are not going to get the butt you want by sitting on it.” ~ Unknown

Pocket List – Day 9 🍇
    @funshipfreddie

Day 9 – Ireland – NFD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Happy Easter all!

Enjoy any treats and we will be back on the IF case tomorrow! If there is a Easter Faster out there today I applaud you 👏

Ended up doing a lovely cycle yesterday when I had an hour to spare. Quite a bit of climbing at it is hilly at mum’s. Today we have lunch organised and I’ll try to do a nice hike at some point… rain is forecast but it may stay away…

Wishing you all the very best for a happy day! And as @stitchincarol said to those who aren’t posting I really really hope you are ok. 💕 There are many of you and you know we think about you often.

For today, I’m grateful to be where I am and with the people who mean the world to me. I’ll miss my dad who was a chocolate fiend 😂 this was also his favourite time of year when the days got longer, the sun gave some heat and he could get back out to his beautiful garden after the cold and dark winter days.
    Be well one and all 🐣☀️ 🌼 💛 🐣

Onward and downward ⬇️

Second post

@funshipfreddie 👏🐣👏🐣👏

Day 9-No. VA-800 cal. FD

Happy Easter! Today the scales showed a 4 # weight loss since 3 weeks ago, so that is always encouraging. The messages of the AAA fasters also helps with motivation!
    Not doing any special meals, etc here. Just a relaxing day of cool sunny weather and some gardening. Joining @funshipfreddie on the pocket list.

@funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309

Day 9 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Yay…let’s stay the same tomorrow morning LOL! Happy Easter!

Day 10 country west Australia CD
    Happy Easter everyone !!😊
    For the first time in ages I am not hopping on the class this morning !
    Easter was much more retrained than most Easters but I still had a couple of hot cross buns and an Easter egg so preferring to keep head firmly in the sand until later in the week after a FD or 2.
    Since starting 5:2 this year I am much more mindful about what I eat so that is a plus.
    Today was to be a FD but having a belated Easter family lunch a we were away yesterday.
    Roast lamb and I think I will dig out my old Robert Carrier recipe book for that, thanks @merryapple.
    I had almost forgotten his book. I have about 300 cookbooks.😲😲
    Is it any wonder I need to do 5:2 ???🙄
    Re books, not a kindle fan. I much prefer the hard copy in my hand, the smell of books and the look and feel of the cover – very visual person here.
    @snowflake56 thanks for the links. I plan to read/watch them later. I too like the sound of church bells – but 6.19 am …..😲
    @funshipfreddie, I am with you regarding kale, coconut oil and the bin !!!! 🤣🤣except for kale chips. Rinse and roughly chop bunch of kale. Put on oven tray , drizzle with a good olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Cook in moderate oven until just crisp and crunchy. Delicious ( can’t believe I am saying that about kale!!! but true) and allegedly reasonably healthy. 🤔
    @songbirdme, so good to hear from you. You are an inspiration for me and many past fasts on this forum.💐
    @stitchincarol, I hadn’t thought about Easter decorations part from eggs!!! Your lunch sounds amazing.😋😋
    @excelisor12309 well done on the downward trend. May it continue.👏
    @northgeorgia, yay! indeed for the 217 lbs. Hope Cruella says the same tomorrow.💐
    @jaifaim, thinking of you and missing your father. 🤗Missing my brother this Easter as he loved big family celebrations. First year without him.😢
    @at, well done on the weight loss and the alcohol-free Lent. Hope your mojo sticks around but I still have plenty. if anyone needs it.
    NOTHING is going to derail me this time around.
    I feel so much better and have only lost a few kgs. Can’t wait to feel even better when I have lost more which I WILL lose. 😇😇
    I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter.
    And saying hi to all those previous forum/5:2 members. We miss you !! 😢😢

Day 10, Germany, FD800

Quiet day today as my DH went of to work. We’re having a beautiful red sky this morning. I’m reading “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” by Rebecca Skloot at the moment. This book gives you a lot to think about.

@funshipfreddie and @lilymartin I grew up living close to a church, ringing church bells give me a feeling of being at home.

@excelsior12309 Well done!

@lilymartin Isn’t it amazing what a difference it makes if you lose weight! My DH collects (among a lot of other things) cookbooks, he’s the cook in the house and quite good at it. I’m fortunate to have him otherwise I would only live on bread and cheese!

Pocket list day 10

@snowflake56 FD800

Day 10 – Dorset – NFD

Trying to get back in the saddle after a wonderfully hot week in Tenerife, various family members visiting us in Dorset and my parents 65th wedding anniversary, and then Easter!!!

Have a lovely day everyone, hoping the weather will cheer up!

Day 10 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@excelsior12309 – thanks for joining me on the list! I hope you had a hassle-free FD. I had only about 550 cals. No hunger whatsoever this morning, but looking forward to a nice brunch later 😋

@lilymartin – loving your enthusiasm & boundless mojo! 💪

@snowflake – I’ve got nothing against church bells; but I don’t want to hear ANY sounds before 7:30 am. Not even my whiny cat. But I’m stuck with her 🐈

“Stressed, spelled backwards, is ‘desserts’. Coincidence? I think not!” ~ anonymous

Day 10 UK NFD

Pleased I got out and had some decent walks in the last few days as it’s a typical British bank holiday today – grey and wet ☔️

Eating the last of the hot cross buns and fasting tomorrow

Day 10 – USA/GA – FD

OH NO! Weigh-in: 221 lbs. First time above 220 since Feb 23. Arrgh! OK, got to make it go away. Now 10 lbs away from my target for April. Got to get at least close again 🙂 OK, everyone… resolve!

Pocket list – day 10
    @northgeorgia

2nd Post – Day 10

@northgeorgia – you can do it! 21 days left, including today. A measly half a pound per day. Go for it! 🎯

RESOLVE to the Monday fasters 🏅

Pocket List – Day 10 🥕
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @northgeorgia

Day 10 – Ireland – NFD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Quick check in… busy day today. And will travel home later.
    @lilymartin 💕 thinking of you!
    Welcome back @dramaqueen6

Onward and downward ⬇️

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply.