AMALA

This topic contains 100 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  amala 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 101 total)

• I’m going to post just about everyday of my journey in this new lifestyle. I love looking back to where it all started, and watch how far I’ve come. I’m Amala, and this is my story. Feel free to add yours if you’d like along the way.

Started 5/2 Lifestyle September 27, 2015
    Goal Weight: 114
    Start Weight: 133.2
    Focus: My son, My health, My Buddhism, loving myself and finding a healthy love
    Official Weigh-ins: Sunday
    Fast Days: Tuesday & Thursday

Week 1
    Sun Sept 27 OFFICIAL WEIGH IN…133.2
    Mon Sept 28 128.2
    Tues Sept 29 FAST 125.4
    Wed Sept 30….
    Thur Oct 1 FAST….
    Fri Oct 2….
    Sat Oct 3…

Week 2
    Sun Oct 4 OFFICIAL WEIGH IN…125.6
    Mon Oct 5…
    Tues Oct 6 FAST 128.2
    Wed Oct 7 126
    Thur Oct 8 FAST 125.4
    Fri Oct 9 124.8 TDEE
    Sat Oct 10 123.8 TDEE

Mood: Feel more in control of my hunger and cravings, no longer have obsessive thoughts. It gives me peace of mind, and I feel focused on my goals. I haven’t picked a date to reach my goal, as long as each week my weight goes down. I know without a doubt I will reach it because this isn’t a diet, it’s my life. I’m ready. I feel like the floodgates have opened up for all good things to come.

Sat Oct 10 123.8, not to TDEE after all…

Mood: Was hung over from celebrating with my bosses Friday night, so I ate what was pretty unusual for me!-

BF:yogurt and string cheese
    Lunch: ham & cheese sandwich (400) and white chili (140) and cookie (80), choc (230) at work, latte (150) (gift),
    Snack: ice coffee (150) when I picked up son, handfull of his cheese puffs (80) (never had them before, e.muffin choc/pb (210)
    Dinner a bag of salad (140), a bag of brussell sprouts (140), some watermelon (50) and pickles (0)
    TOTAL=1770
    TDEE- 1521

Week 3
    Sun Oct 11 OFFICIAL WEIGH IN…128.?
    BF:choc/pb e.muffin (210), coffee/sf cr (80)
    Lunch: FAST
    Dinner:Allowing 200 cals or less

Mood: Want to add a fast today after yesterday, feel immensely bloated, ugh I really do hate drinking, sometimes it seems hard to escape it in work situations. My head seems less controlled and focused because of the compensating of food, even though the food wasn’t unhealthy perse, which I’m happy about. But I think a reset button is in order. With my son today so we’re gonna have fun!

Sunday continue…
    Week 3
    Sun Oct 11 OFFICIAL WEIGH IN…128.2
    BF:choc/pb e.muffin (210), coffee/sf cr (80)
    Lunch: i.c (110), br.sprouts (140)
    Dinner: choc (210), soup (180)
    snack: bite e.muff (40), en.drink (10), sons h.dog (200)
    total= 1210

Realize I can only post for the day before after it’s over since it won’t let me edit to add. I struggled Sunday because it’s not a legit fast day, and probably still from the day before, but I didn’t go over TDEE so not a fail at all. Shows how long a damage can last you though, and makes you really wonder if it’s worth it when you’re doing so well. I can without a doubt say it’s not. Alcohol can really throw me it’s shocking.

Had a good day with my son Sunday. Was very tired/lethargic however. But we accomplished a lot of those chore duties, and I love nesting, so helps my mindset.

goals for the week: around 1200< non-fast day, mindfulness, 2 lb loss, rest

Week 3
    Mon Oct 12 127.4
    BF: coffee (80), 2 eggs (140), e.muff (130)
    Lunch: egg (70), toast (90), i.c. (110)
    Dinner: bread (90), soup (160), chkn (110), t.bacon (35)
    total= 1025

mood: with my son, tried to keep routine of fun, food, nap, found sparks people which will help me keep track of weight and get help daily which is a bonus. going to bed early.

Week 3
    Tues Oct 13 126.4
    BF: coffee (80)
    Lunch: egg (70), bread (90)
    Dinner: soup (160), bite i.c. (20)
    total= 440 Fast Day

mood: work. fast day felt good! Work was egh, but I need to transition through. Hung out with Dma which was beautiful. Look forward to workout routine and gym.

Week 3
    Wed Oct 14 125
    BF: coffee (40), coffee (15), yogurt (90), 2eggs (140), toast (90)=375
    Lunch: i.c. (110), Bag veg (140), coffee (30)=280
    Dinner: thin pizza (150), fruit (160), 2 session beers (260)=570
    Dessert: lemon bar (130), 2 pieces choc/peppermint (120)=250
    total= 1,475

mood: worked from 10am-9pm, ate at the gallery so we could pick artists for show, so worked late. Surprised my calories are under 1500 tbh. I think if I had gone home it would have been much better, but it’s nothing to beat myself up about. Sold a painting, and have some great things pending. Hung out with son last night and this morning so that’s always the best day when I see him.

Week 3
    Thur Oct 15 124
    BF: coffee (30), coffee (30, egg, toast
    Lunch: latte (120)
    Dinner: sushi and 2 cocktails (777)
    total= 1,227

Most of my calories today have been from beverages, and not food, which is surprising. I had an egg and toast this morning. Tonight I went to dinner with some colleagues and ate sushi. But between coffee creamer, a latte in the afternoon, and 2 cocktails at dinner, that was a huge chunk of my calories! Anyway, having a flexible life is good for quality of life, but making sure the normal routine days are strict and meeting all my weekly goals is necessary. So looks like Friday calories will be 1100 or less, and Saturday is my fast day. Sunday is weigh in day, and I want this week to count!

Hi Amala. Good luck for your fast day today (Saturday). I had my first fast day yesterday

Fast Day 1
    BF – Nil
    Lunch – (Late lunch – was hoping to last to dinner time) Pumpkin soup (140)
    Dinner – 270gm Purple potatoes (microwaved) (181), Blueberry/Banana porridge sachet with water and 1/2 cup lite soy milk (186)
    Snacks – Herbal tea and 200ml Diet Coke (3)
    TOTAL = 515

Felt headachey towards the end of the day and was noticeably dehydrated next morning. Otherwise feel really good and will endeavour to drink a lot more than I think I need. I can do this but consistency is key.

Amala – thank you for inviting me to join you. I have a son too! He’s three. How old is your boy?

Welcome Muave! Thanks, it’s still Friday in the US, but I’m looking forward to my fast in the morning, today was kind of a hellacious day, the work week just came crashing down on me. Tomorrow is a new day, and I’m happy to have a fast day to recover with. Hope you stick around and keep me posted! I’m almost too tired to write this, but I had to check in no matter what. This is a lifestyle through good and bad stuff. It has really been a detox in so many ways for me. Hopefully it feels the same to you here soon as well.

Week 3
    Fri Oct 16 124.8
    BF: coffee (130), egg (70), toast (90)
    Lunch: coffee (40), b.sprouts (140), yogurt (90)
    Dinner: with artist/client….. don’t have a clue about calories at this point??? Restaurant food/drinks could be anything
    total= ???

Tomorrow is new day and fast day!

Oh I forgot to mention, Mauve, but my son is 4.5, such an amazing age! Love every second of it, wish I could hit the pause bottom and maintain this time for years πŸ™‚

Week 3
    Sat Oct 17 124.2
    BF: coffee (80),
    Lunch: sushi and tempura veg (420)
    Dinner: n/a

Work until 6, get son immediately after. No more calories after lunch, so posting now instead of later. I hope my weigh in goes well tomorrow, cause Sundays are my official weigh in days! I feel something pulling me, but I don’t know what it means. Is it a person, a career, an opportunity? I have no idea, and it’s hard to explain, but I trust that it’s real. It’s certainly confusing though.

Hi Amala. Hope your fast day is going well. Well done on being so committed with getting all your foods in each day. I’m going to do the same. That’s lovely your son is nearly five. Will he be starting school next year or the following year?

Day 2 – Saturday 17/10

Breakfast – Coffee with lite soy (23)
    Lunch – Veggie Delite 6″ sub with avocado (324)
    Dinner – Pasta with tomato based sauce (544), breadstick and cheese slice (230)
    Snacks – Brown rice crackers (104), muesli bar (189), 3/4 blueberry scone (284) and coffee with lite soy (23)
    TOTAL = 1719
    Water – 2.6lt

Lots of snacking today so was a little disappointed with that but still did not exceed my TDEE which is quite high (around 2100). Was a long day too. Went shopping
    in the afternoon with son and husband, early dinner (6:30pm) and then visited Pa at the nursing home. He won’t have many days left now but he is comfortable and he was alert and able to see and talk to us all. Spent the rest of the night til 3am with Mum so Dad could stay with Pa. Managed not to eat anything else there which is usually hard!

Day 3 – Sunday 18/10

Breakfast – Rice crackers with tomato (115) and coffee with lite soy (23)
    Lunch – Sourdough sandwich with low fat mayo, mango chutney, carrot, cucumber, tomato, red onion and arugula (534)
    Dinner – Went out to the dumpling house for dinner. Steamed vegetable dumplings with 1 tsp chili oil (852)
    Snacks – Banana pudding (150gm silken tofu blended with one frozen banana and butterscotch stevia drops) (181)
    TOTAL = 1703
    Water – 2.6lt

Went for a nice walk with husband and little man on his tricycle. Only about an hour but some good hills so I felt reasonably worked out when I got back. Beautiful weather too. Dinner was a late affair (nearly 9pm) so I think I might do my second fast day tomorrow instead of Tuesday. Finding that the fasting and the extra water has really reset my palate. I am not craving oily junky foods or chocolate and coca cola which is an admitted weakness. I don’t have them all the time, but they had been sneaking in a bit more than I would like. I have to remember that it only takes a day or so of minor discomfort to reset my body this way.

Week 3
    Sat Oct 17 124.2 continue….
    Dinner: I haven’t seen my son since wed morning, and thought I would be able to consider Saturday a fast day, but I picked him up after work and held off until about 8 but decided Saturday’s will not be obtainable in the long run… I want to be able to enjoy dinner and snacks at a movie with him! So we did, had popcorn and trail mix, soo much salt, but it was fun to have a “day off” with him. I probably took it further than I should because of the “give up” mentality, but this is a long term lifestyle and I have to find something that works. So I’ll have to think about that for this week. Maybe Monday’s and Thursdays? And weigh Friday? Maybe that’s what the first few weeks are, finding the right rhythm.

Mauve,
    How did you get such a high TDEE? Makes me think I’m doing it wrong??? I think mine is around 1300-1500! If I am that would make a big difference haha.

Hi Amala. My TDEE is higher due to my starting weight – I’m probably twice your size πŸ˜‰ so my BMR and TDEE are higher to begin with. I still don’t want to eat up to the 2100 mark so am aiming for 1600-1800 on non fasting days.

Glad you had a good day with your son. You are right about having to find the balance to make this sustainable long term. I tend to be an all or nothing person which can be bad because when I screw up, then the floodgates are well and truly open. I’m trying to focus on the consistency over time and not giving up if I have a ‘bad’ day.

Day 5 – Monday 19/10

FAST DAY

Breakfast – Nil
    Lunch – Pumpkin Soup (146)
    Dinner – Microwaved purple potatoes with salt and pepper (188), Almond coconut and chia porridge with 1/2 cup lite soy milk (205)
    TOTAL = 539
    Water 2.6lt

End of fast day and am still feeling a bit headachey. Maybe as someone else suggested to me it’s the ketones rather than dehydration as I have drunk plenty today. Pa is still hanging on but really not expected to last much longer so not sure what routine will be like for the next few days. For that reason, I’m especially glad that I got my second fast day done today. I’m going to stick with this food combination on fast days for the time being. It’s much easier, satisfying and I’m not sick of it yet!

Well done Mauve, and I’m with you about routine. When I have one it’s mindless and fairly easy. When I don’t it is constantly on your mind about choices and weighing options. You’re doing great! Before you know it you’ll be talking about your goal day πŸ™‚

Sun Oct 18- Fasted
    Weight: 126.8
    I ate so much as far as veges and some fruit, so today I’m really really bloated. But I ate 500 cals, so got both fasts in for last week.

Starting week 4! New FAST days are: Monday and Thursday, official weigh in on Friday. I hope this is a comfortable fit so I can just move forward.

Mon Oct 19 weight 127.0
    Goal weight 114
    Calories= 500

I know I had back to back fast days because of last week meeting this week, but I feel good about it. In fact I still feel kind of bloated, after 2 fast days! That’s not ok, and I look forward to when my body feels 100%. I will think twice before knowingly putting my body through this when it takes so long to recover.

Spent the day with my son and he is just the most amazing person. I wouldn’t change him in any way, I’m just so in love πŸ™‚

This week I fast (today), then I’ll have 2 days of 1200 or less, a fast day, then 3 days of 1200. If I keep it simple, and these dates work out, I’ll be a happy and healthy me, and reach my goal without all the up and downs.

Positive Mind, Positive Action.

Tuesday 20/10

Week 1 – Day 6
    Breakfast – Rice crackers with tomato (113)
    Lunch – Minestrone soup (216), rock cake (168), banana (122)
    Dinner – 315gm microwaved potatoes (211)
    Snacks – 34 muesli bar (142), 1/5 blueberry danish (100), 1/2 packet of basmati rice (189), mango lassi (265)
    TOTAL = 1593
    Water – 2.6lt

Going well with no food after 8pm. This part especially is working really well and it just gets easier each day. We have been going in to see my Pa each night and getting home late and everyone else is eating take away but I am managing not to cave to temptation. The potatoes really do fill me up for a low calorie spend. When I look at the number of snacks though, I feel disappointed. Some of these are my son’s left overs. I just don’t like wasting them but at least if I count them it’s no so bad. After this week, I want to focus on getting the smoothies back into my diet, green, beetroot etc.

So glad you had a great day with your son, Amala. My son will have a few more challenges to face than most but I wouldn’t change him for the world either!

Good luck for the back to back fasts! That’s a great challenge. I hope it all went well for you πŸ™‚

Oct 20 weight 124.0
    Goal weight 114
    Calories= 1091
    Oct 12 Starting weight 127.4

Was helper at sons school this am, worked until 6pm, ran to parenting class until 8pm πŸ™‚ Busy!

BF: coffee/cream, 2 eggs, toast
    lunch: half my buffalo salad, coffee
    dinner: other half of salad, steamed b.sp., string cheese, sf pudding
    Total=1091

Had to guess my salad cals, but I did my best. I feel very positive. Clearer, it’s amazing what fasts do (especially two in a row!), I’m completely serious. I feel calm, a glowing on the inside, focused on goals, son, work. This pleases my heart.

Mauve… Well done on your new evening routine, I’m happy for you that it hasn’t been a struggle. You are really doing well, and there’s no way to fail, especially if you continue to believe in this and find a way to navigate it comfortably, which you are! I really believe we will be reaching goal before we know it and just embracing IF for health, which is exciting.

Oct 21 weight 124.8
    Goal weight 114
    Calories= 1091

By my afternoon had only about 660 cals, but had two events after work. Met with a builders group, then a designer after that. We waited so long for food, by the time we got it we were starving, and we had been drinking on an empty stomach. That is my worst nightmare! I just ate mindlessly when I got home, anything and everything, without even realizing it. When I woke up I felt so incredibly swollen and couldn’t believe that was real and it happened, it was like I dreamt it. I seriously should not drink anymore, nothing good ever comes of it. Ready to put that behind me, and happy I have a fast day Thursday.

Oct 22 weight 127.0
    Goal weight 114
    Calories= 500

FAST DAY. Thank god, cause I still feel horrible after last night. Need to keep my cals low for the remainder of the week to compensate, it had to be nearly 3000 cals or something, no wonder I feel disgusting. Friday is official weigh in day too.

Oct 23 weight
    Goal weight 114
    Calories= 700

BF: coffee cream (30), coffee (10)
    lunch: 2 string cheese (140), latte (120)
    dinner: string cheese (70), M.dinner (190), apple (60), egg beaters (60), salsa (20)
    TOTAL= round up to 700

Work was good. Met with an artist for possible commission. Worked on some exhibit data. Still feel bloated from the 21st :/

On another note, I had to block a couple people from my phone because they’re aggressiveness is just too much, and they cant force me. This is my life, and I only have one. I’m keeping myself focused on what I want and need, and no longer letting people take my life over.

On a good note, I found 60$ on the ground. I felt so bad for the person who dropped it. But there was nothing I could do, it was on a sidewalk away from anything. Guess just accept it as good luck, and pay it forward.

Day 3 – Week 2, Saturday 24th October

Fast Day
    Breakfast – Herbal tea (4)
    Lunch (very late, almost pre-dinner) – Muesli Bar (116)
    Dinner – Microwaved potatoes (181). Porridge with 1/2 cup lite soy milk (205). 1/2 corn tortilla (28)
    Snacks – 600ml diet coke (4)
    TOTAL = 534

Have been missing in action as my grandfather passed away on Wednesday. Thankfully I have not dropped my bundle too much diet-wise and given I wasn’t very hungry on those days can safely assume I haven’t exceeded my TDEE on the days I didn’t track. The only other change I made was switching my intended Friday fast day to Saturday instead and it went well. Went over by 34 calories, but we did a lot of walking so I’m ok with that. Had to go shopping to find funeral clothes so that kept me busy enough.

Pleased to report I kept my weigh in day and lost 2.1kg! A lot of this might be fluid as I also felt quite dehydrated that morning but we’ll see next week I guess.

Hooray for your $60 find, Amala! Sounds like you were meant to find it! Hope you’re having a good weekend.

Oct 24 weight 126.2
    Goal weight 114
    Calories= 729

Worked. Picked up my son. We went grocery shopping for treats for our Saturday night together. Best part is, the “treats” were Arctic Zero Ice cream (35cal serving), diet soda (barely ever drink that anymore), bag steamed veges, and strawberries. I love when it feels like you’re eating cheat food, and it’s actually healthy. And I feel full right now!

BF-coffee x 2 and creamer, apple=163
    Lunch: egg beaters eggs, salsa, string cheese, yogurt=230
    Dinner: steam veg, arctic ice cream=336
    Total=729

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it yet, but I listen to subliminal affirmations about weight loss when I sleep at night, and I think it’s really helped.

Mauve, I’m so so sorry about your loss. I understand if you’ve been busy and focused on other things. And CONGRATS on the weight loss, that’s a great number, so proud πŸ™‚ Week by week, right!

Sun Oct 25-125.6
    Goal- 114
    Calories= 1090

With my son all day, we have so much fun together, there’s nothing more perfect than how happy we make each other.

Went to a soft serve yogurt place and had a big bowl. I’m under the impression it was 40 cal a serving, but I have serious doubts about it for some reason. It was just too good, but I logged it that way anyway. I feel bloated still, hmmm. Hopefully this week I’ll feel better.

Have a goal of being 117 by Nov 28, my son’s birthday. That would be amazing to me.

Hi Amala:

The ‘average’ soft serve yogurt has about 30 calories per ounce. So it depends on how many ounces were in a ‘big’ bowl.

Good Luck!

____________________4 Weeks Over Update!_______________________

w.1 Sun Sept 17- 133.2 lbs, 7,500 cals Starting weight
    w.2 Sun Oct 4- 125.6 lbs, 11,282 cal
    w.3 Sun Oct 11- 128.2 lbs, 9,827 cal
    w.4 Sun Oct 18- 126.8 lbs, 7,020 cal

Hi sim,

It was 12.8 oz, 40cal per 100 grams (is what they say)! Haha, it was huge πŸ™‚

And welcome, please feel free to join in!

Hi amala:

Huge, but tasted good and was fun to eat. Can’t think of a better combination to go with an outing with your son!

Mon Oct 26…124.2lbs
    Calories….333-500 Fast Day

Day off from work, spent day with my son. It’s a fast day, and I’m pretty tired, which is an unusual thing for me. But, I think I know what the culprit is. Anyway, not much to report today. Feel as committed as ever. Never even feel hungry anymore, which I can tell you is a miracle after the last 6 months of compulsion. It seems like a new lease on life.

BF: Coffee x 2
    Lunch: Apple
    Dinner: egg beaters, apple, string cheese

Still listening to hypnosis at night, and have that feeling continuously that something epic is going to happen. You think it would have faded by now.

Tues Oct 27- 123.4 lbs
    Calories- 906 (had to guess)

Took son to school. Worked. Had event, so had to guess calories there.

bf: coffee x 2 (60), apple (70)
    snack: s.cheese (50)
    lunch: s.cheese (50), M.meal (230)
    dinner: snacks at work and s.cheese (320)
    Total= about 906

I can’t believe how much my appetite has decreased since I’ve started this. Honestly, my biggest fear was if I fasted, I would just end up binging on my off days. Instead, I just ask myself if I am really hungry, and if it’s no I don’t eat until I can say that I really am. Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do? And not because it’s a certain time of day, or others are doing it, or cause you’re feeling any one feeling. Mind blown. I just can’t wait until I reach my goal. Would be a huge relief, and confidence booster, which I could use for sure.

Wed Oct 28- 123.0
    Calories- 576

Woke up again not hungry. Worked very intensely, but managed a little food this afternoon.

BF: coffee/cream (90)
    Lunch: eggbeaters (75), Salsa (10), toast (90)
    Dinner: apple (72), steam veges (140)
    snack: 1T peanut butter (95)
    Total= 576

After work all I wanted to eat was veges, so went to the store and left with broc/carrots, and bag of apples. My taste has completely changed. It’s weirding me out, but in a good way. At this point I’m just listening to my body, and I know things will even out eventually.

Thur Oct 29- 122.4
    Calories- 451

Today was my fast day. Worked all day, so I really didn’t notice.
    BF: coffee
    Lunch: apple, piece choc, coffee
    Dinner: soup, apple
    Total= 451

I had so much energy my feet kept moving under the desk, it was so obvious my boss commented. The only issue I’ve had with the fasting has been insomnia. I’ve been taking a sleeping pill now, which barely works. It gives me ridiculous amount of energy, which didn’t make sense until I read about our physiology, and the studies done on the health benefits. Everything I thought I knew was pretty off base. I’m just glad I found out while I’m still fairly young and can reap the benefits into old age.

And, truth be told, I’m kinda bummed the fast will be over. Just makes me think, well… what am I gonna do for the next 3 days? It makes me have to think about and make decisions all day. As an adult, you do that constantly, it’s liberating to not have to think or worry about it anymore.

My son had a preschool Halloween walk this morning, and I took some cute pics. Other than that, just work and fast, nothing else to report really πŸ™‚

Fri Oct 30- 121.6
    Calories- 2000

Bf: Coffee
    Lunch- n/a
    Dinner: soup, wine, apple, bananas, strawberries, arctic, s.veg, 1 fruit snack

worked straight through. Was really hungry but had meeting with bosses after work at a bistro. Was famished. After went groc. shopping, and then ate so much. Funny thing is that it was all healthy food. Realizing too many cal of anything isn’t good, I am pleased that my choice was this type of food. Shows my taste has really evolved. Tbh, work was kind of a downer, but I try to remain positive and grateful. Meeting went well for the most part.

Hi Amala!
    I’ve been reading your posts and I’m very inspired! I want to lose 10 pounds (the last remnants of post-baby weight) and reading your story has helped encourage me. Today is a fast day for me, (Monday) and I’m happy to see that someone else is doing well with a smaller start weight. I started at 139.3 and hope to get to 129. So far, lost 2 pounds. Keep up the great working on journaling! It’s helping others πŸ˜‰

Mylast10, Thank you for your compliment, and I hope it does help and inspire people. I hope you keep in touch and let me know about your progress. What’s different about discovering 5/2 for me was my mind set about the whole thing. I’m not in panic mode when something takes a turn. I always know that this is a lifestyle, and it’s just a bump in the road, and in no way does it define me. Besides, I really love having the feeling of control over my eating ultimately, and I’m not just rolling the dice day after day on what’s going to happen. So, without a doubt, I know I will reach my goal, it’s just a matter of time. And I’m enjoying every pound lost because I look and feel that much better along the way. The whole process is rewarding.

Do you plan on doing this as a lifestyle or just to lose the 10?

Nov 1- 121.8
    Calories 2300 (guessing)

House had no food, at least healthy food. It just had bare minimum stuff like pasta noodles, and crackers, peanutbutter, etc. I didn’t get paid on time so my mind went into some weird devour mode. Something about the idea that I don’t have “food” makes me want to eat everything. But when I am stocked with it, I feel secure and don’t panic. It definitely stems from when I was a kid and we didn’t know when we would eat again. Crazy how that stays with you.

Mon Nov 2- 126
    Calories- 299
    FAST DAY

I’m just swollen from too much salt and water, so it’s drastically affected my weight today (5lbs!), but today is FAST day, and I went shopping for groceries and stocked my house with healthy fresh fruits,veg, all my staples. So fasting was easy because I had that security of having what I need.

On a positive note, completely remodeled my sons room, it looks amazing, and he feels so excited and proud! Yay!

—————–
    Side note:
    Sat Oct 31- think it was around 122 ish
    Calories- think it was 389 or something (def under 500)
    I didn’t log Saturday, which is weird, don’t know how it slipped past me. But I fasted, had 500 cals or less. Was Halloween, and it really ended up just being like any other day to me. Even though it wasn’t a fast day, it just really ended up being one naturally. So that’s pretty great πŸ™‚

Hey Amala,
    Yes, I would like to lose the 10 pounds and then maintain it, so I guess I want to keep the lifestyle! I read that to maintain, you most likely need to fast just one day a week consistently. I hope that’s true. What’s nice though, is if you do gain a bit back, you can go right back into the 5:2 routine.

Tues Nov. 3- 123.4
    Calories 583

BF: coffee, yogurt
    Lunch: latte, few choc espresso beans
    Dinner: steamed veges, i.c. bar, strawberries

Took son to school. Worked. After work, all I wanted to eat after not eating all day was steamed veges and strawberries. I always eat one bag, and feel so satisfied and it’s 140 cals. This has been my staple for awhile now. So tonight I make it, and feel full almost immediately. That is crazy to me. Yesterday was my fast day, and I ended up fasting today too, and even then felt full eating veges. And the funniest part is, I was thinking while eating it, “why do I eat any junk food ever? This is so delicious, I can’t imagine why there’s a reason to eat anything else”… what a cool thing to think and feel naturally. I’m not coaching it, it was a sincere thought. And I’m trying to decide if I want strawberries for desert, but I’m so full. Maybe later? It’s this type of thinking, this mind shift, that makes me realize I WILL reach whatever goal I have ahead of me.

It fascinates me that your mind has so much power and control over how you look and feel. It’s not even a matter of what’s in my stomach, it’s all brought on by the mind. So, change your mind, change your entire life permanently πŸ™‚ I’m so excited to get there.

Mylast10, I totally agree, it’s nice to know you can go from 6/1 to 5/2 if you feel like you’re slipping a little when you’re in maintenance. I’m on the same page, and look forward to doing this for life, probably doing 5/2 every other week with 6/1. I want to keep my appetite in check, and my calories in perspective. I hope we reach goal around the same time so we can check in with how maintenance is going πŸ™‚

Yes amala! I’ll let you know where I’m at in my weight loss. Supposedly I have lost nearly 4 pounds, but I will see next Monday where I’m at!

I’m curious if you end up sleeping better than usual on your fasting nights? I slept like a rock the last three fast nights! Something about going to bed not full has made a difference for me.

Wed Nov 4- 122.8 (p.1??)
    Calories- 494 currently but I’m having wine and snack later
    so let’s just round to 750? I’ll check in later with deets.

BF: coffee (75), coffee (40)
    Lunch: lean cuisine (240), ic (110), 10 strawberries
    Dinner: ?

Worked, and met up with a restauranteur about curating art at his really progressive and hip restaurant every 6 weeks or so. Also spoke to architect about our exhibit, and it’s the personal interaction I really find compelling. So, good day all around.

It’s after 7pm now, but a friend is coming to town and will be getting here late, and will be famished from the long trip. So, it will be a late snack and a glass of wine with him, hopefully it’s a fun but relaxing night.

mylast10,

I’m excited to hear about your weigh in Monday, I’m sure you’ll have good news! As far as sleeping, that is literally the only thing I have trouble with while fasting. I have SOOOO much energy now, which is the opposite of what I thought I would feel, so I’ve resorted to a sleep aid here and there. I’m glad you are having the opposite effect!

My fast days are technically Mon and Thur but I add fasts in between at my leisure, which has been working out well. My weigh in days are Friday and Sunday. I decided two official weigh ins are better for me, and keeps me on track for the work week, and then also the weekend.

Tomorrow is fast day!

Thur Nov 6- 122.4
    Calories- 500 FAST DAY

BF: coffee, yogurt, egg b, salsa, toast (339)
    L: n/a
    D: s. vege (140)

Left work because of a migraine. Slept all day.
    —————-

Wed Total was more like 1200 I think.

Good job on your fast day! Sorry you had a migraine. Do you think you got dehydrated?

I was most likely within my 500 as well. Sometimes when I start to eat vegetables, I lose track because subconsciously I think they’re just veggies, who cares! But, another great fast day. Now, if we can keep eating well these three days and not go too overboard…

Thanks! I’m glad you did well on your fast too. I know what you mean about the vege being a free food thing, haha. I count mine just incase, but if there’s anything to over eat it might as well be over on something like that.

Today was kind of brutal, but not as bad as yesterday. Not sure what’s going on. Here’s my report… (and I think I might do a fast on Saturday if I’m feeling better)

——————————

Fri Nov 6- 121.8
    Calories- 1700 guessing

Worked, had FF art event. Still sick, feeling pretty bad. Head throbbing, stomach cramps, exhausted, spacey. Today was a off fast day, and it’s so hard to wrap my head around that, like I need to give myself permission. It will come around, it’s just still so new, only 5 weeks 5 days in.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply.