AMALA

This topic contains 100 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  amala 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 101 total)

• Sat Nov 7- 125
    Calories- 790

worked, picked up son, went to bed. Had the worst nightmares all night long, it was ridiculous.

Sun Nov 8- 123.6
    Calories- 1,022

B: coffee, s.cheese, toast, egg.b, salsa
    L: l.cuisine, ic, ener. drink
    D: strawberries, banana, bruss.sp,
    Sn: jello, apple

Hung out with my son, stayed in because he was sick. It was good quality time. Realizing I’m going into my 7th week, and things are finally starting to click. It just takes time to sink in and feel real, and it has to be something you can maintain.

These are some things I’ve learned:

1. Even if you may not be hungry on your non-fast days, try to stay within an appropriate calorie range or you’ll have so many days of not eating, eventually you will have a day you’ll eat everything in sight, which is pretty defeating. Better to make solid, healthy routines.

2. On fast days, what works for me, is waiting for my first “food” as long as possible. It prevents hunger.

3. Alcohol is my worst enemy. Always triggers bad eating for me.

4. Go to bed early enough to prevent late night hunger from staying awake. Not set in stone, but I’ve noticed my last meal is before 8pm (I would say 7 is common).

5. Without a doubt, get your calories from veggies and fruits. You can eat so much, and easily stay within your calorie range. Very filling, and it has become delicious to me now.

6. Count everything. It all adds up.

7. Don’t punish yourself. But don’t make excuses either. This is a lifestyle, and you didn’t “blow it”. But, you need to really believe in what you’re doing and DO IT 🙂 This is your health and quality of life, and this comes before anything else.

I’m sure there’s more, but these have really sunk in and truly have meaning to me now.

Mon Nov 9- 123.6
    Calories- 522

B: egg b., salsa, yogurt, coffee, jello
    L: l.c., apple
    D: nothing

Today had immense anxiety. Surprised I made it through my fast. Thank god I did, I would’ve just added to my stress significantly otherwise. On a positive note, read my book again, and it really just centered me, and helped me see the bigger picture.

Very good tips you’ve posted. I think a couple of those are really good reminders for me, especially #3, 5 and 6!
    Sorry you’re experiencing anxiety. It’s no fun. Hope you’re doing better today.

Tues Nov 10- 121.8
    Calories- 3000

My son is very sick. Spent time in the hospital.

They help remind me as well. It’s easy to forget!

Wed Nov 11- 127
    Calories- 160

BF: coffee
    L: apple, coffee
    D: n/a

Worked. Trying to get back on track, so had an extra fast day. Nothing feels worse than the aftermath of off “diet” physical and psychological remorse, when you work so hard to reach a goal. It’s in no way the end of the world. And it’s the culmination of the week that matters, which is what I’m focusing on.

Thur Nov 12- 123.6
    Calories- 119

B: Coffee (19)
    L: Apple (70), Miso (30)
    D: —

Working today, shedding a lot of water from Tuesday. Had company last night, which is rare haha. It was good for me. Stayed up really late so I’m pretty tired today, hard to focus on work, but have been getting stuff done fortunately. Been kind of too tired lately to post as much as usual, but I still try to check in. I think I’m just under the weather, but I know once I feel back to health, my motivation will sky rocket. It’s already improving. My son’s birthday is in 2 weeks 2 days, and I still really want to reach my goal! If I’m in the teen’s again, which is what feels most like “home” to me, than I will have a huge jolt of focus and sense of accomplishment. It’s good to get that out in writing because it does center yourself on what your reason and motivation is and when to reach it. So, I’m looking forward to the countdown. I should probably put a number countdown calendar on the wall to remind me every morning how close it is.

Fri Nov 13- 121.8
    Calories- 630

BF: coffee, yogurt, s.cheese,e.drink
    L: miso, apple, s.cheese, e.drink
    D: soup, egg.b, salsa, s.cheese

Work went well. Preparing for new exhibit. Wasn’t hungry today, but made sure I ate enough. Focused, which is a good sign because I usually feel the opposite when I get to this weight. 1. Need to first break into the teens. 2.Reach temp goal, 3. Final goal. In this 3 step process, hoping for #1 this coming week. Feel convicted. Son’s birthday is around the corner, and would like to see friends with the way they know me instead of how I am.

Sat Nov 14- 121.2
    Calories- 651

B: en.drink (100), apple (70), creamer (15)
    L: sushi and tempura
    D: b.sprouts (140), strawberries and watermelon, cookie, few random bites
    Total=651

Excited to spend the next couple days focused solely on my son. Today at work was good, wrapping up our exhibit. Woke up at 4am and couldn’t sleep so wrote down positive affirmations and goals. Not sure why sleeping has been such an issue for me. Other than that, 5/2, which has become more than that, is perfect. No other word for it. Perfect. I feel it from my body to my mind, in and out, it’s the cure.

Sun Nov 15- 120.6
    Calories- 946

Random stuff throughout the day. It is true, at least for me, food increases my hunger impulse. Once I ate breakfast, I basically snacked throughout the day. Stopping now before it gets any higher as I feel full, which is a little past satisfied where I like to be. At least I’m paying attention to what my body is saying which is an improvement. I am worried my calories are wrong just because of the difficulty really know what is what, but I tried my best. As for my day, went on a movie date with my son which was very special to me.

I had just enough to where I’m looking forward to my fast day. I like that.

____________________ Update!_______________________

w.1 Sun Sep 17- 133.2 lbs, 7,500 cals Starting weight
    w.2 Sun Oct 04- 125.6 lbs, 11,282 cal
    w.3 Sun Oct 11- 128.2 lbs, 9,827 cal
    w.4 Sun Oct 18- 126.8 lbs, 7,020 cal

W.5 Sun Oct 25- 125.6 lbs, 5,668 cal
    w.6 Sun Nov 01- 121.8 lbs, 7,711 cal
    w.7 Sun Nov 08- 123.6 lbs, 6,250 cal
    w.8 Sun Nov 15- 120.6 lbs

Hi Amala! Great progress. I’ll be weighing myself this week so we’ll see what I’ve lost as well.
    Can I ask how tall you are? I’m 5’6″ and I’m finding it hard to consistently drop pounds. Thanks!

Hi there!
    I’m 5’6″. Maybe a fraction under but close enough. I have to watch my diet like a hawk too until I get to maintenance and my body finally gets comfortable being that goal weight consistently. I’m just sick of being sad about it and want to deal with it now so I can move on. It’s worth it ultimately. Until then it’s laser focus.

OK, thanks for the info! It’s good to know that someone my height can get down to 120 successfully. My lowest weight has been 123, and that felt great, though possibly a bit thin for my bone structure. In any case, it’s encouraging to see that you’re doing it, even with some ups and downs. It seems if we consistently keep this up, we’ll make it! Thanks for posting your calorie totals too, helps to see the correlation.

You’re welcome. I hope it helps. I really like the data of knowing not just the cals for the day, but what it means in terms of a week, a month, etc. The worst feeling is not knowing what you’re doing wrong, and then you realize your cals for the week were way too high, but if you look at a single day you don’t see it. It really is a culmination of your cals over time.

You’re right we will make it! And I think it’s important to read the ups and downs so it keeps things into perspective. Just keep on keepin on and we’ll be there before we know it.

Mon Nov 16- 121.2
    Calories- 535

B: egg.b. (50), coffee (60), salsa (10)
    L: coffee (40), frozen yogurt (40) celery (5), miso (30)
    D: s.veg (120), en.dr (100), apple (70)
    TOTAL= 535

Great day with my son. Hungry today but managed to stay within my fasting day range. At least I hope! Very tired, my son keeps me busy. Conference with teacher, went well. Doing 4/3 this week, I tend to do it for the most part anyway, and it helps. Just hoping this week will go well with the opening. That’s about it for the day.

Tues Nov 17- 120.4
    Calories- 800

Took my son to school, worked, hung exhibit. Good day, was hungry at work, but didn’t get a chance to eat much. Came home and didn’t want to make anything so had some snacks of popcorn, apple, and ic. Most of my calories today were from drinks containing cals since I couldn’t eat. Shame but it’s life and I managed not to not go crazy when I got home. I just had a little bit and called it good. I’m so close to the teens, I can’t wait! Once I’m solid there, I won’t want to back track whatsoever.

Have been MIA for a week. Couple of my danger markers, which I want to note for future recognition…not that I could really change much about the circumstances, but maybe the response can be altered.

-Son got really sick
    -completely changing our exhibit to the most insane show possible. My bosses we silently hostile, and the amount of anguish and stress that caused me was overwhelming.
    -One fast night I was so hungry and couldn’t sleep but I wouldn’t allow myself to eat. It created a response of desperation for 4 days after.
    -I can barely sleep anymore, it’s every night since day 1 basically. Have to take a sleeping pill and even then it’s midnight.

When I finally got to my fast day (450cals), which I made Sunday the 22nd, I felt the most normal and connected I’ve been in a week. I realize I need it. I had 1500 cal day Tuesday (I literally forced myself just to accept the fact I will have to eat and get over it, that it was part of the “diet”). Wednesday decided to try a no food fast of only 90 cals (coffee). Best Fast yet. So I’m wondering to prevent so much hunger after so many weeks, because I wasn’t really eating enough on my feast days, I need to get a practical strategy. I’m still really trying to figure out how I can make this work for life without going into starve or binge mode.

So, to make myself not so scared to eat, give myself room to eat without having to worry about the calories. I can accomplish that by
    1. No calorie fast days
    2. doing 3-4 fast a week, so my feast days can be 1400-1600cals. If I don’t give myself room to think that’s ok, then I’ll only eat like 800 every feast day, which is destined to fail. I have to eat sometime.
    3. I will need to take a sleeping pill every night I guess.

Basically that means ADF. I mean, I love my fasts, and I love the freedom not to worry and obsess about everything I do eat on feast days, maybe this will work best for me. Only time will tell.

Last thing, I hope to find another ADFer to walk this walk with me. Support is so helpful and important, and even though there are these sites, they get limited responses to threads, and it takes awhile for even those. So, on the look out for a buddy or even better a mentor. Crossing my fingers.

Friday Nov 27
    Fast Day (no food)

Worked today, black Friday. So desperate for routine, and happy to have my fast today, which is a common feeling at this point. Fast days are so easy and carefree. It’s the feast days that are nerve racking to me. I’m afraid to eat, but it’s not something I can avoid forever. I will get this down. I’m not going anywhere.

Sat Nov 28th
    Fast Day 420

Worked. It’s my sons birthday, but won’t get him until tonight, so will celebrate tomorrow, which is why I’m fasting today (Saturday) instead of Sunday. Again, the beauty of fasting.

——————————————–

Week 10
    Sun Nov 29 123.8
    Calories- 1790 (from Sparkspeople nutrition calculator). So no idea really.

Celebrating son’s birthday. Even though I had two fasts back to back, was in no way interested or in a hurry to eat, or even drink coffee. Finally had our birthday lunch at 2pm, accompanied with chocolate cake of course. My lunch and cake portion was small. A couple hours later, had more of the same, but no more food after about 5:30 or 6:00pm, I was so full. And I had two beers, so that’s very carb/calorie dense and filling. So even though I didn’t exactly gorge, the food I had was very high calories (for what I’m used to). I still see it as a success because I wasn’t obsessing about food. This is everything to me.

Fast days this week are Monday, Wed, Fri. (Last week was Sun, Tues, Fri, Sat).

Hi Amala!
    I’m so sorry your son has been sick quite a bit lately. Poor kid! And poor you, Amala! It’s so hard to watch your child be ill, so stressful.

I’ve been reading your updates and the only thing I worry about is if you’re fasting too many days a week? Would it be better and less stressful for you if you keep to the two days? Just wondering, not judging 😉 I just want us to be healthy and get good sleep. The worst thing would be to end up becoming obsessive about IF and then get in trouble.

I’m happy with my progress so far! I’ve lost just about five pounds in these four weeks. I’m hoping to lose another this week since Thanksgiving is over and I’m back to my usual routine.

You’re doing great Amala! Be encouraged 😉

Hi Mylast,

Thanks for your message. It’s always tough seeing your kid sick. My son contracted rsv at 3 months old, so he has virtually no immune system now. Every year around this time we have to go to the hospital several times, it’s horrible. He handles it better than I do I think.

As far as fasting, it is very difficult for me to allow myself my TDEE calories, as if I need permission to eat, and sometimes I’m just not hungry. It will just take me time to get in the habit of eating a normal days worth of food, once I do it will be smooth sailing. My fast days are great though. I have been doing a version of Alternate Day Fasting, or ADF, and I really like it. Especially because I don’t have to obsess about calorie counting so much. It’s kind of a win-win because I love my fasts, and I love not obsessing about calories, so the freedom is a relief.

Congrats on the 5 lbs in 4 weeks! That’s exceptional. That means you’re very close to your goal, right? I’m sure you’ll lose more before Xmas, which is nice for all the socializing haha. Always more fun when you’re comfortable in your skin. Keep up the focus, you’re doing so well 🙂

Oh my goodness – rsv! I can see why he’s getting sick so often. Poor thing. I have two little girls and it seems like someone in our house is always bringing home an illness. I’m so sorry about the hospital visits too, as they are always stressful.

I do know what you mean about the TDEE on your nFDs, because it seems like our stomachs have shrunk quite a bit. I notice that I don’t eat as much as I use to, even if I want to. I am aware, however, that I could easily slip back into my old ways and go off the rails with food! So, I look forward to the fast days. I do remember reading about ADF, so I get what you’re saying. That probably allows for less worry on your regular days.

I’ve truly discovered my trigger foods:
    -Pizza
    -French fries
    -anything with tomato sauce
    -Pasta

Strangely, sugar doesn’t tempt me like those other foods do. Sigh. I was doing great last night until my husband brought home some slightly stale pizza and it was all over for me. Luckily, I stopped myself before totally ruining my fast. Ha!

Thanks for the encouragement. My husband noticed that I’ve lost weight. I’m not sure if anyone else has. My pants are very loose, which is nice. I still want to lose another 5-6 pounds before February. I have no reason for February, it just seems like a good goal. Also, I wanted to do great this week because we’ll be taking our family Christmas photos on Saturday!

Have a great Tuesday!

Hi mylast:

Research shows processed carbs are an addictive problem for many people. Sugar is the current ‘target’ for people trying to cut processed carbs out of their diets, but others include simple wheat or other grain flours. That might explain pizza (crust) and pasta. Potatoes are almost pure starch (sugar), thus the fries. The tomato sauce is interesting. Many sauces contain sugar, but recent research has shown that all vegetables are not the same. Turns out, for some people tomatoes spike their blood sugar just like eating a piece of cake.

It is good that you are identifying foods that give you problems. 5:2 seems to assist in that effort.

Good Luck1

Hi Simcoe-
    Yes, I believe you’re right. I would say that processed carbs are my “problem” for sure. I can sit with a box of crackers and get halfway through them before I realize what I’m doing. Pizza is an obvious trigger, the crust, the sauce and the cheese..

5:2 has been the easiest lifestyle change I’ve done so far in my adult life. Now, granted, it’s only been a month, but I’m happy with it so far. Thanks for the encouragement!

Mylast,

I’m exactly the same way. I rarely ever eat it, but that’s because I like it so much. Funny how those triggers can completely derail you, and disconnect you from what you’re doing.

Because I’m such a numbers geek, I found this site, apparently made by a member of a 5/2 forum, and you can do some really interesting things with it. Feel free to check it out if you’d like. I think it’s fascinating to see what happens if I plug in different calories, different fast days, different weights, to find a balance that works best. http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

That’s a great feeling, when people start noticing the changes, especially when it’s your husband. I’m so happy for you! And I bet your two little girls are a lot of fun, and keep you busy. I’m not sure how you juggle it all, I only have my one!

So, I’ve been out of touch lately, with just about everyone except work, so where are you again on your goal? You only have 5-7 lbs left, and you’re shooting for Feb, right? Are you fasting on Mon and Thur? And what is your TDEE? Do you eat that amount on your nFD? I’m sorry for losing track, forgive me.

I have my fast day tomorrow, and as usual I’m looking forward to it. Today I think I had about 1400 calories but if the food I eat doesn’t have the exact cal content on it, I really have to guess on the calorie app and don’t trust the numbers really. But, I suppose it’s something to gauge where I’m at.

I hope you have a great Wednesday, and I look forward to hearing more about your routine.

simcoe-

I can’t get enough of your posts. I wish I could have you on speed dial haha.

Tues Dec 1- 124.8
    Calories 1400

Amala! I’m loving that website with the numbers!! Wow – it’s so much more detailed than the usual. That’s really helpful. I figured my TDEE was lower than 2000 but wasn’t sure. It says my daily is 1866.

I’ve decided that having one kid or five, being a mother is a lot of work! I also work full time at a University and so every day is looong 🙂 But, that’s why I’m so glad to have my eating under control at the moment. Thankfully being at work and having the distraction has kept me from overeating (too much) on my fast days.

OK, my routine and progress:
    5:2 (Monday/Thursday) generally eating around 600 cals on FD.
    I haven’t been tracking my TDEE on NFDs because I’m too lazy!
    I also work out on the elliptical at the gym during lunch up to 3 days a week, for 30-40 mins.

10/26/15 = 139.3
    11/2/15 = 135.6
    11/10/15 = 138.2
    11/16/15 = 135.6
    11/29/15 = 134.4 (shocking that I lost anything during Thanksgiving week)
    12/2/15 = 131.8 (totally surprised me this morning, but is mostly water weight, I’m sure!)

In all I’m so happy with the progress. I see that I go up and down somewhat, but believe it’s pretty normal. I’m considering lowering my goal to 128, which was a great weight for me before I had kids, but wasn’t sure if I could sustain, so we’ll see. One thing I’m certain of – my body is NOT the same as before my pregnancies, even if I’m the same weight as I was! haha

I’m going to look at the website again. How cool. Thanks for the resource!

I’m glad you like it! I could play around with the numbers on there for an hour, I swear. Like, what would happen if I weighed 5 lbs less? What would my TDEE calories be, and what would happen if I changed the amount of fast days, and what would happen if I picked different calories for my fast days, and what would my calories be for a day, week, month, it goes on and on! My idea of fun is weird, I completely realize that.

Your routine looks so practical, and it’s obviously working. Big props, especially with that busy schedule you have, wow. I feel like I go up and down so much. Like, weight will be down after I fast, then right back up the day after a “feast” day, which makes sense. But it’s hard to see that slope moving down when you get the microscope out for every detail. I really wish I would allow myself 1 weigh in a week, but I doubt I would stick to that. Either way, when I step back, I’ve lost 9 lbs in 9 weeks, and I guess that’s right on target. Just keep on keepin on. Still have 8lbs for my interim goal, and 11 to reach ultimate goal. Right now I’m just really hoping for the teens, and however long it takes to get to goal from there is fine with me.

On with my fast day, tomorrow is back to normal!

Well, I have to admit that I do weigh myself more than once a week, usually the morning after a FD, just for kicks, so I’m not immune to the temptation! I just choose to record one day a week. haha

Today was a FD and I was great until I ate my 500.. and then.. there was a little wine, and then a few chips. Sigh. Anyway, I should just brush my teeth and move on!

I think you’re right on track with your loss! Great job. I really think the average of a pound a week is smart and I too want to stick to that goal.

I should read through Simcoluv’s posts.. they seem to be well informed!

Today is another FD for me and so far, so good. I ate poorly over the weekend and regretted it. I felt so awful and bloated. It’s just a reminder to eat healthy on regular days (well, any day). It’s SO not worth feeling gross for some greasy party food!

Hope you’re doing well, Amala! Good luck today.

Hi there,

Update for the last week. I got both my fasts in, which is surprising, it was really really hard for some reason. I think Thanksgiving and my sons birthday threw me, or I could have just had an off week, sometimes you just check out you know? But my eating days were not controlled or counted and it was exceeding my TDEE by quite a bit I’m sure. I went from 120 to 126 over night. I know it’s mostly water, but it takes 3-4 days to get back to normal, and that’s no fun. But, it’s just reality and it’s fixable so not complaining.

Today I’m 124, and having my fast day today instead of Monday, but my calories were around 1100 Mon, and today my fast has been easy, so I’m content with the switch.

Just trying to get a rhythm with 1250 on Feast days and 400 on Fast days. Feel like I’m settling back in finally 🙂

Hope you’re well, Mylast and have a great week!

Yeah – actually, I ate poorly last weekend and I’m afraid of weighing in this week! haha

Mylast,

Can we call this our re-do week!? Weigh in next Sunday? Haha

YES YES YES. Let’s. lol

It’s close to 1:30 here on Thursday, we only have a couple days before our weigh in on Sunday. I think this a good short term goal to help us get back on track and into a grove 🙂

Hope you’re having a good week so far!

Amala

10/26/15 = 139.3
    11/2/15 = 135.6
    11/10/15 = 138.2
    11/16/15 = 135.6
    11/29/15 = 134.4
    12/2/15 = 131.8
    12/11/15 = 133.6

Well I didn’t weigh myself yesterday (am afraid to!) but I recorded last week’s weight, so we’ll see what this week will be. I’m having a tough time because of all the holiday gatherings and foods that keep popping up! Today I will try my best to finish the day under 500!

Hope you’re doing well!

My Last,

We are on the same wavelength. I have been exhausted, hungry, swollen, I thought there was something wrong with me. Like, why is everything falling apart after all the hard work and focus? So I weighed on Sunday, but it just kind of broke my heart. Well, Now I Know Why! It’s TOM, which is absolutely shocking!! I haven’t actually had one since maybe September, could have been August actually. I could cry haha, I thought I was broken or there was something very seriously wrong. Explains a lot of the low energy, hunger, and bloat. Crazy how an explanation, even though I feel horrible, can make me so happy! Peace of mind I suppose, now I know I’ll be right back at 100% in a matter of days.

I’m doing my fast today, already at 450 cals though, but I think a cup of miso and some tea will get me through just fine until tomorrow. And that’s all I’m really saying to myself… “I’ll just have it tomorrow”.

Thanks for the update, and remember even when things aren’t perfect, we have something to look back on when we reach our goal. We knew this journey wouldn’t be a piece of cake, but we will persevere 🙂

Yes yes.. TOM. Always messes me up. Half the time I’m convinced I’m pregnant, but really knowing I’m not! ha

Well, it’s been a bit rough for me this week. It seems everywhere I turn there is some sort of awful food lurking, just waiting to be eaten. I forgot my lunch yesterday and was forced to eat two mini bagels (white bread) which I haven’t had in years, probably! Ugh. And the brownies, cookies, donuts are literally everywhere at work. Anyway, it’s been rough but I decided to weigh myself this morning in order to stay focused on today (being a FD) and was surprised that I was at:
    10/26/15 = 139.3
    12/17/15 = 132.5
    I really expected to be higher. Anyway, it helps my resolve to stick the FD and keep this going.

One thing I realized when I was eating poorly this week is, thank goodness we started this “lifestyle” several weeks ago, because if I tried to start it right now, it would be shaky, and I’d probably end up bailing on it and just gaining another 3 pounds like I did last Christmas! haha

You’re doing great Amala! Miso is a great idea. I should get some.. it’s so good too.

MyLast,

Wow, For thinking you weren’t doing well, your weight is really staying steady! That’s the truth, timing can sometimes make or break a new healthy lifestyle, and I too am glad we started far before the holidays.

Friday 12/18
    weight- 124.6
    goal- 116

I’ve lost 8.6 lbs in 11 weeks apparently. Even thought I was at my lowest of 120, and came back up, I’m still gradually making the course to my goal. I’m exactly half way there! Only 8.6lbs to go. I would be happy with 1 lb a week if that means no drastic fluctuations. Those can be intense.

Official weigh in on Sunday, and I’m optimistic. Only have to get through today and tomorrow, and I’m feeling back to normal as I expected after the TOM shock.

Oh, if you ever want to be added to the app for immediate messages and support, let me know. Have a wonderful weekend!

OK – so here’s the scoop. Since last Thursday, I’ve been eating WAY too much! WAY too often. SIGH. It started last Friday night with pizza, which I ate with abandon, and it kept going from there. I cannot weigh myself this week. This is officially my “re-do” week. LOL. I even skipped Monday’s fast which really set me off wrong, but I was entertaining out of town guests and it was near impossible to keep a FD. Anyway, excuses aside, after this weekend, I’m back on for sure! ha

Today’s fast was fairly pathetic … started strong, ended poorly (as I munch on a gingerbread man). SO – there it is. Confession 🙂

Which app is it? I had downloaded an app but I thought it was the exercise app? Is that the same thing?

You too have a wonderful Christmas and weekend!

OK – today is my FD and so far, so good. I’ve had one egg and some creamer. I’m writing this down to stay accountable! I plan on working out today (elliptical at lunch) as well. I literally HAVE to be on track this week in order to not sabotage all my progress thus far.

Hey there! I hope you’re doing OK!? I assume you’re busy with holiday stuff?

Today is my official FD back after this chaotic break and it’s not going so well. I’m already at 670 cals for the day. I suppose I need to truly skip dinner tonight. I’ll update you on how that went later this week. I’m pretty sure I gained around 3 pounds (which is what I wanted to avoid!!) during my break from work. So, I really need to get back at it 😉

Hi there,

I haven’t missed a fast during the whole break during holidays but my non fast days have been kind of erratic. I just got workout equipment yesterday so I’m excited about that. I have been overwhelmed and exhausted. But I am excited to get a handle on my non fasting days. I bought a scale that weighs water weight and body mass and muscle mass and body fat so that will be fun to monitor over time.I’m fasting today as well as Thursday and Saturdays I do low cal. Tomorrow I’m doing a Weigh in. my goal is to lose 2 pounds by next Tuesday and if you woukd like you can check in with me tomorrow with your weigh in as well. Let’s knock these fasts out So we can worry about our regular eating and exercise.

Well, as I expected, I gained 2.9 and I’m back to 134.7 as of this morning. BUT, I’m motivated, so I hope to lose again this week and get back to where I was three weeks ago!

I like the idea of the new scale you got. Was it expensive?

Two pounds seems like a reasonable goal! I’ll try that too.

I think a two pound weight loss goal for next Tuesday would be a great start. Weigh in today was 128.1 pounds.I’m glad that my fasts are going well but really need to focus on non fasting days. Nothing like a brand new year to really motivate you. I really want to focus on five pound increments so I don’t get overwhelmed. With that two pound weight loss goal this week I will get to that five pound go fast. My scale I think was only $50 or less. What I love about it is even if there is no weight loss I can still see muscle mass growing so I can see I still achieve something. After this five pound weight loss I only have one more to be basically at goal. That feels more reachable and practical to me in the
    long run.And sorry if this message is jumbled I’m using the voice over app

Hi there,

1/20/2016- 126.3

I haven’t missed a fast since I’ve started this journey, I might have had to switch days around, but have always gotten 2 in or more. What I wasn’t able to do was get a handle on my TDEE days, Either I wouldn’t eat enough, or I would eventually go over board, so very counter productive. So, of course it would lead to weight gain and a feeling of self doubt and inadequacy.

I take responsibility for it, and it’s not that 5/2 doesn’t work because it does. But it has to be something that clicks in your mind. And for various reasons, the eating days are when my toxic issues have sabotaged my efforts. So, gotta get the mental stuff down.

So starting about 6 days ago I started a detox. It’s intense and my goal is 20-30 days. It is helping, and hopefully I can work through everything I need to when it’s time for me to accept a lifestyle. The second I’m back, it’s 5/2 again. The health benefits make it worth it regardless. And hopefully I’ll be at my goal weight anyway, so I can just to 5/2 and maintain without all the pressure I put on myself.

That’s it for now. Back at 5/2 either on Valentine’s day, or Feb 5th.

Good for you! I struggled the last few weeks, basically since Christmas, to keep the fast days. I always start of well, but by night time I’m back to snacking on chips and salty things before bed. SO, I’m back on here, being accountable. I’m going to try again today. Talk soon!

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply.