Adverse results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I am 68 years old and tend to eat lightly as a rule. But I have serious weight on my stomach and around my waist. So three weeks ago I started the 5-2. On fast days I eat less than the 500cal and on non-fast days only around 1200cal. In that time I have gained in waist, stomach and weight – by a considerable amount! It continues to rise and I am now very very depressed with little energy and no motivation. What’s my answer and why no improvement?

This sounds most peculiar! You are eating what you normally eat on 5 days, and about a quarter, of what you normally eat, on fast days; and yet you are stacking the weight on. It just doesn’t make sense. Maybe check with your doctor?

Its very hard to defy the laws of physics. Have you calculated your TDEE using the resources section? What is it? How are you counting your calories? Are you weighing your food accurately? Are you including liquids like alcohol, orange juice, soda drinks etc in your calorie total? Are you counting snacks like biscuits when you have your coffee or tea? You can only put weight on when your calorie intake exceeds your energy output. So you are either inadvertently eating more than before (even if you think otherwise) or your energy output (daily activity) has significantly reduced.

What are you eating? Describe a typical days food intake for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I reiterate Cinque’s advice to see your doctor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.