5:2 with weight training / running

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Fast Exercise Getting fit
5:2 with weight training / running

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  WilliamF 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi everyone, this is my first post and I’m just looking for some opinions / advicd. This is the second time I’ve done the 5:2 diet, did it for a few months last year, but this time I’m trying the updated 800 calorie version with a 14 hour fast.

I’m also incorporating weight training along with running. I’m in a job at the moment where I’m working 8-4, and I have a busy homelife with 4 kids and various clubs, so I work out in the mornings before work.

Currently, I go to the gym Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I run on Tuesday and Thursday. I’m following a coaching program on an app named freeletics.

I fast on a Tuesday and Thursday. I do the 14 hour fast the evening before, so no food from 10pm until lunchtime the following day. I tend to have a 300 calorie lunch and 500 dinner.

My concerns are, although I’m eating after the gym and therefore replacing calories / protein to allow the muscles to repair, I’m going to the gym following a fast day. I have a small breakfast beforehand like a banana or bowl of cereal.

I then fast the same day as I run, but I run first thing in the morning. I’m reading on here that it’s more effective to run on a fast day as the body burns stored fat, but I’m running first thing, so not really having fasted.

My goal is general fitness / strength. I’m not aiming for an amount of weight loss, a Greek godlike body or superhuman strength, just general improvement all around.

Does anybody have any observations or thoughts? Anything that may improve results / effectiveness? Unfortunately I can only exercise in the mornings before work. I could incorporate weekends if it made a big difference, I just don’t really want to so I can enjoy some family time.

Thanks all.

Mhnewman83 don’t worry about the protein so much. As long as you get enough within a day of working out you should be fine. Personally I prefer running during a fast because it feels easy and even when I feel slow my times are typically faster and running fed. However I typically only run about 5km to about 7km, so not that far.

I’m at a point where I’m not afraid of working out while fasting because I haven’t seen any problems with losing strength or muscle mass. It just too awhile to get to the point where I was comfortable with working out while fasting. However I typically do HIIT, stairs or running and body weight exercises like pushups, dips or pullups. I don’t use weights very often.

Protein is not the best supplement, especially for beginners. And generally, supplements are not as crucial for exercising as some think.
    They help you reach the desired results faster or improve some of your physical imperfections. Sometimes people with chronic diseases take them to improve general well-being and help them fight the disease. I take Ibutamoren from https://purerawz.co/product/ibutamoren-mk-677/ to gain muscle mass faster and help my bones grow faster. I have a disease that causes my bones to be thinner and weaker, and this supplement helps me to grow more bone tissue and become stronger.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.