5:2 Diet with Narcolepsy

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luluminatrix 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I have recently been diagnosed with Narcolepsy and for the time being at least still experiencing sleep attacks where I fall asleep involuntarily.

I am very keen to try 5:2 dieting as I want to lose the weight I put on whilst recovering from a car accident but slightly nervous about the effect the diet will have on my condition.

I am hoping that it will make it slightly better in terms of increasing my energy levels etc but not sure how this will fare on fasting days.

Has anyone done 5:2 with either narcolepsy or other sleep disorders and how did it affect them?

I’m interested in this topic also! I have only tried juice fasting before and found that while my daytime symptoms improved, I was unable to fall asleep and stay asleep as well at night. Like I was too amped from the adrenaline maybe? I was not taking any supplements, however, so may have been better had I supplemented with magnesium.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.