5:2 and 16:8 in the same week?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BidD 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi everyone!

I’m new to this forum but glad I found it! I’m wondering if anyone has tried doing 5:2 once in the week then a 16:8 day in the same week, rather than 2 x 5:2 or 2 x 16:8? If so, did it have the desired effect of weight loss? Or does the science not work that way?

Some context to my question: I don’t want to do 2 x 5:2 days in a week as I get too miserable and down being so hungry for that long. Also, doing 2 x 16:8 sessions a week isn’t feasible either as I like to exercise in the mornings and feel light-headed when I’ve not eaten.

Any advice would be welcomed!

Thanks
    Char x

Hi Char, a one day week fast (6:1) would be beneficial. I’m not sure that one day only of 16:8 would yield much weight lose. Are you new to fasting? Once you are used to it you won’t feel lightheaded and for the greatest results they recommend you exercise in the fasting window to maximize fat loss.
    I’m doing 5:2 and at least 16:8 on all the other days of the week. Only been doing this for a week and have lost 3 lbs (lost 7lbs in first week, 10lbs in total). It’s manageable for me and to be honest, the hunger goes away and you mostly don’t notice it. Best of luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.