5 days fasting 2 days normal

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Coffeeman 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi,

I’ve tried the standard 5:2 for a couple of weeks now with no great results so I was thinking of doing fasting through the day (breakfast and lunch) all through the week and then normal eating at weekends. Is this not advisable or could it work well? I actually find fasting during the day absolutely fine so if this could work and is likely to show better results I will go for it up to Christmas.

Thanks

Hi, I’ve been doing Alternate 0 kcal Fasting Days since I started in March, with good results. Also done the odd B2B fast and a single B2B2B. Not sure I’d like to try 5 FDs on the trot though. Also, unlikely to set you up for a sustainable way of life once the excess weight has gone.

Hi,

No reason why you can’t do 5FDS per week until Christmas if you want. If you total up your calories over a week it’ll probably be more or less the same as doing ADF with zero calories on FDs.
    5:2 works but it is slow and the only way to speed it up is do more FDs. If you bear in mind it isn’t sustainable long term that’s fine.

I’ve found that doing 3 fast days is much more effective than 2.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.