42 day challenge beginning 1 May

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
42 day challenge beginning 1 May

This topic contains 2,339 replies, has 109 voices, and was last updated by  back2thefuture 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 2,344 total)

• Day 5 from California. This is a fast day for me. Spent the morning cleaning my pool. I had a pump malfunction for the past 1-2 days but it miraculously started working again this am. By noon I was very hungry. I drank my green tea and water hoping to stave off eating until dinner. Well it took 2 cups of tea and my vita gummies (15 cal) to stop the hunger pangs. I feel I can make it to dinner now.

I am going to do my weigh in tomorrow. I am so hoping to break into the 170’s lb range. I am very close.

Wishing everyone strength as you make it through the day whether you are fasting or feeding.

Day 6 in Australia – had my first weigh in and have lost 4kgs! I can’t believe it! Thank you for the support everyone! No slips in my calorie allowances, no alcohol since last weekend and I have walked at least 8km on four days. Now to try and not wreck it all on the weekend and Mother’s Day …

Just realised that with my weight loss my TDEE has dropped by nearly 100 calories. I’ll need to adjust my menus.

congratulations Hannahwatto I also have not had any alcohol Mothers day will be a challenge must check my TDEE.

USA/Day 5
    Hey all — fast day for me today…going well but will be slightly over 500 by the end – but nothing to stress about. 🙂 I weigh in every Friday (tomorrow) after my fast day on Thursday! I try to read all the posts on here at least once a day – I too have never done anything like this and it is GREAT to share all this information! So much more than we would all have the time to learn on our own 🙂
    Wishing everyone well as they finish up their fast or TDEE day 🙂

Day 6 South Australia 7am Good Morning All
    I slept very well last night. I fell asleep to a YouTube of Dr Jason Fung MD showing indistinct graphs on a white board talking about sugar (don’t eat it) and fasting (do it) which was so serious, dull and boring. Hurrah for the charming Dr Michael Mosley and his wry smile but I do recommend Dr Fung for detailed analysis or anyone who can’t sleep.
    I am free this morning so will wash the car and go to an Aquarobics class at the Gym before visiting my Mum and trying not to eat her chocolate biscuits.
    Last night I went out and wore a beautiful grey skirt I have not fitted into for years which was a wonderful feeling.
    I wish you all a successful and happy day

Hey all! Day 5 for me in Illinois. Even though Tuesday was a FD, I did another one today due to social obligations for Friday and Saturday. This is such a wonderfully flexible diet! I didn’t know how it would be with only one ‘normal’ day between FD’s, but it’s going well. YEAH! I haven’t been as cold today due to warmer weather here in general. I found a nice green/peach tea at Arby’s that was delicious this afternoon as I drove home from having a car looked at. I don’t mind non-calorie sweeteners one bit.

Day 5 from LA, California. This is my 2nd fast day for me. more than half way through it

Day #5 from Southern California. FD today, went well. Tomorrow a NFD with fresh smoothie in the morning, some nuts, homemade vegetable soup with Greek yogurt as lunch, and rice pasta with some mushrooms and pesto as dinner.

I’m going for a hike now. All the best to all of you!

Pacific NW USA: Day 5 NFD
    11,213 steps today. Tonight we will have the “Lightweight Cottage Pie” from The Fast Diet Cookbook (thank you committedtochange for the recommendation), First time for me to try celeriac to replace potatoes, 243 cal and it sounds tasty.
    FD tomorrow and we are going out to dinner with friends. I know the menu of the restaurant we are going to so I plan to drink tea and water during day and save the whole 500 for a roasted veggie salad with scampi for dinner.
    Ditto as others have said, this is also my first time doing something like this and thanks to Coda for giving us this added support mechanism. You all have really helped my first 5 days be a success!

UK day 4 (4th May) Thanks all for the encouragement and kind words, me and my little man are pushing through one day at a time! 😀

Edzeko, hope your dog feels better!

Non-fd today, all went ok and managed to fit in a lovely walk in the sunshine. For anyone with a sweet tooth, I have just discovered twinings fudge flavour green tea – very yummy!!! The packet said tgeey did bakewell tart flavour too which im looking forward to trying!

I have managed 2 fast days this week and now have the weekend ahead of me to avoid falling off the wagon….it feels very odd to have such a high allowance on my non-fast days but here’s hoping it pays off on the scales…

FD today, going pretty well. Had oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast, coffee, water and tea all day long. Lunch, steamed broccoli, cauliflower and 3oz of steamed salmon.

Hello, All; I think it is too late to sign up for this thread. And there is not any way that I can post every day. I just want to tell you how much this thread has inspired me…. I started 5:2 for real on April 11, 2016. I have lost 6 lbs. I kind of fasted on April 8 but only to 600 calories (far too much for me), to see how difficult that would be..It turned out that was not so difficult. I was not hungry.
    In fact, it almost seemed good and natural after I had over-eaten the days before that. Well, I’ve been on this site since then. I’ve been reading the posts and using the knowledge of all of the members. My advice would be to take simcoeluv ‘s advice and read all of the basic stuff. And then, read these forums for inspiration from the lovely people that are sharing their journeys. Thanks, coda, for starting such a thread that everyone reading can benefit from.

Day 6 – 36 days to go of challange 🙂 Water fast day today.

Fast days – 4 Non Fast days – 2

Uh oh, BIG mistake! I saved some of the ham meant for lunch in case I got hungry this afternoon. I did so and had the ham but am now REALLY hungry! Rookie error!

Anonymous

NL day 6
    …..still going strong. FD today.

Weigh day lost 2lbs. Right on target.
    I feel,reading some of these entries, folks need to be mindful of the nature of the diet- it is called 5:2 because you aren’t supposed to punish yourself by barely eating on the 5 days and starving yourself on the 2. The reason it works is because you can maintain it and not have to face the agonies of denial. The hard part is the changing habits to what Micheal Mosely refers to as the ‘M’ way of eating.
    Or you could do the Queens diet which is equally simple- no booze,no seconds,nothing between meals.
    Don’t torture yourselves-love yourselves to steady success..

UK day 6 – NFD, hopefully fairly straightforward. Need to be a bit disciplined through the day as Friday night is ‘fish-supper-on-the-waterfront’ night (our equivalent to date night), while the boy plays shinty…so obviously I’m with Troyca on the ‘not punishing yourself’ thing!
    Hope all goes well for everyone.

Aus Day 6: non fast day today – all good! Well said Troyka.

Greetings from Scotland on day 6
    Overcast but no wind today so OH is off for a game of golf. I have a lunch date with some friends. Unfortunately it’s in a place where the food is all wrong for me. Carbs and sweet stuff. Still I know what to do, and if necessary will just have a bowl of soup. It will be great anyway catching up with friends I haven’t seen for a while, and I know they will see a difference in my appearance.
    I had a good night last night. Just up once, and then went back to sleep again. I think it was just exhaustion in the end.
    Delighted to report another reduction on the scales. 1/2lb, down to 8 stone 13 1/4 lbs. Seem to have broken the 9 stone barrier now, just have to be mindful over the weekend and not overdo it. Although I am working this weekend, so it will be easy for me as I only get 20 mins for lunch, which doesn’t give much time to eat a lot.
    Great work everyone. I am very impressed how you newbies have all taken Dr M’s regime on board. It is just of a case of keep doing it. If you have a fail day, just choose another one and get back to it. When you start to see results, it gives you such enthusiasm to keep going with it.
    Perhaps you could try what I did. Every week I decided to give up one food that had no nutrition, lots of calories, and really was not doing my health any good. I started with crisps, then biscuits, then mints. (Sodas are the worst) I don’t have them in the house any more, and the times I have had them, I find I really don’t enjoy them any more. Funny how your tastes change. (For the better) I now get more enjoyment eating nuts, a piece of fruit, or even just a tomato. Good luck everyone and have a great weekend. Remember, it’s just one day at a time. TTL

Started the morning of well then dropped a pair of scissors which stuck in my foot been limping all day was so looking forward to a walk on our lovely beach before the rain gets here NFD for me so enjoyed a lovely steak and veg for dinner.Told OH i was going to copy Third Time Lucky and start dropping food with little or no nutrition he just laughed.(He knows how i feel about chocolate).

Hi UK day 6 fast day for me.

Had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning and things are looking good! I didn’t do my body weight exercise last night as I was still sore (excuse I know as I maybe should have worked through it) but I was also tired. I stuck to my TDEE and still gave myself a gold star. I will do exercises tonight and a run after work – promise!

Leebaby – you were nearly on my name and shame list – are you not able to post each day? Tell me if you can’t.

NorthernDawn – you can still join this challenge and I have noted you can’t post each day. I would not refuse anyone who is trying. Welcome and post when you can. Glad you are enjoying all the posts so far and being inspired.

Anaide – from your previous posts I get the impression instead of 5:2 or even 5:3 you are doing 2:5 – fasting on all week days with non fast days at the weekend. Have I got this correct? I think maybe the recent comments above would be useful to read. I am always reluctant to advise anyone what they should or should not do – at the end of the day it is getting a plan that you can live with – hence why I have previously done Weight Watchers and slimming World etc etc. You don’t seem to restrict to a quarter of your TDEE nor do you seem to eat up to your TDEE on non fast days. Just be careful. Do you really have to be so strict?

Will be putting the next lot of name and shame up soon as some who have signed up to the challenge have yet to post – pity as the ones who have committed to the challenge are doing really well however I understand this is not everyone’s cup of tea.

Fishing gran – hope the foot gets better soon!

USA/Day 6
    Checking in with weigh in …down .6 since last week (but down a total of 8.6 since April 11 when I started) so I’m happy with that …was hoping for a little more this week however, ANY movement down makes me 😃😃😃

NFDays until Monday for me….my goal is to continue to exercise every day and in particular pay attention to my TDEE over the weekend (especially Sunday). Off to my cardio/strength class after my cinnamon iced coffee ….have a great day all!

UK Day 5 very pleased with progress, NF yesterday and I had a couple of glasses of wine which I really enjoyed but also did a fair bit of walking and relatively good the rest of the day ,under my TDEE ,so I feel I’m beginning to make better choices and this can be a regime I can stick with – early days yet though . Just back from a Pilates class and I felt good and think my clothes felt a little less tight , I have a big night out Saturday so getting weighed Sunday morning which is giving me the motivation to stick with it over the weekend

USA/Day 6 / 36 to go.
    Well, as was predicted, my scale does not want to hear all my excuses for eating inappropriate food. It added a pound back! 🙁
    Doing emergency water fasting today.
    It is nice to hear that those who stick to their TDEE and fasts are getting great results – something that I should strive for. I admire your efforts and determination and try to follow your steps.

Midwest USA Day 6: Yesterday’s fast day went well! But I felt more hungry. Still, I stayed at my 480 calories and went for a walk. Next fast day will be Monday. Was really craving something sweet and junky last night. But I was able to not have the yogurt covered pretzels I was giving to my kids and say “I can have one tomorrow for a treat” and went and gulped some peppermint tea. It helps to know you could have something the next day if you wanted (perhaps you won’t want it the next day, too)!
    Focusing on staying at my TDEE again today and to exercise. As far as weighing in..I can’t as of yet cause I don’t own a scale. But I feel leaner and that’s good!

Troyca – I very much agree with you.

I found that when I first did my fast day, it felt very empowering to refuse food. (I still ate at my calorie limit though). It can give you a sense of control…and that’s what we are all wanting when it comes to food and healthier choices. But then, if the pendulum swings (and they always swing)..you want to say “Forget it! I want what I want!” and then sort of lose control. It’s so important for me to have a balance and enjoy food that I crave at times…in moderation. Otherwise I get fed up. Like last night, I just wanted the yogurt covered pretzels! It would just be one…but today, I can have one or two and I’ll enjoy it and add it to my calorie intake gladly.

For dressing on my salads on FD, I like to put lime or lemon juice then some “Spike”(that vegetable salt seasoning). Gives it the italian salad dressing taste without any oils.

Boy this morning’s breakfast sure tasted good. Did my 2 FDs Tuesday and Thursday, but I will have to be careful this weekend with dinners out Friday and Saturday. Will fast again Monday and Thursday next week I hope. Scale continues to be good for me. I plan to measure just once a week but get on the scale about every day. Down 9 lbs. since March 15. YEAH!

Hi Coldpizza – don’t worry just keep at it – that lb can be any number of things – remember the number on the scale is just a guide and not the be all and end all. A lb is a trip to the loo!

The ones who signed up that I haven’t heard from since signing up or from day one are
    Beabecucci
    Crazytrying
    endthecycle
    Grohl1
    Igotthis
    jackieboy67
    lizzybee
    mrsmolly
    Pentowen
    redkarima
    sami61
    tokyotogo

I will only assume you have changed your minds about this challenge, don’t worry as I have said it may not be to everyone’s cup of tea. Names will be deleted if I don’t hear from you.

A few of the others who joined late have not posted either – if you can’t post each day let me know and I can make a note of it and not delete you from my list.

Just a wee reminder to continue to start your post with country and day of challenge. Thanks 🙂

Day 5 uk, non fast day here but not feeling v hungry at all, not sure why, had to kind of force myself to have some lunch, I’ve already planned chicken salad for dinner so will be well under cals allowed. Oh well, I suppose I shouldn’t complain about lack of appetite, the weekend is almost here and looks to be a glorious (for us!) one. BBQ already planned, yay. Have a lovely Friday everyone

06 Days of Brazil challenge-

Today has breakfast at work, I do not like to be radical and unpleasant just because I’m fasting, so normally attended the event, I have the rest of my life to lose weight.

Coda thanks for the attention it has given to all and including me, have done 2: 5 yes, because I come from a serious compulsion history, do a serious control in my diet because I know myself, and I know if you have a free day I can to exaggerate.

2 years ago I lost 20 kg, 20 kg have more to lose … but keep my weight is my main concern.

I will weigh myself on Monday!

A hug to everyone!

Day 6 Québec 36 to go

NFD Going in my family dor mother’s day. Will be tougher to control my eating.
    I might not report on day 7-8.
    Will be back sure, sure, after that.
    Thank you.

Day 6. USA, Wisconsin. Weighed in today. I lost three pounds. I think that weighing myself after a FD may be a bit of a cheat. But, it sure felt good.

Fishing Gran…I hope your foot heels quickly. Ouch! Keep it clean, and protected from bacteria as much as possible.

Troyca…I could NOT agree more. Thank you for the reminder.

It is a sunny, warm spring Friday in Wisconsin. In honor of this unusual occasion, my work mates and I have decided to end the day a bit early with “happy hour” on the patio: cocktails, chips and salsa. I’d like to blame someone else for coming up with this irresponsible idea, but I’m afraid it may have been mine. I don’t know what I was thinking. I just got overly excited, standing in the sunshine yesterday.

I have allotted my self a shot of vodka OR a small glass of wine. I would at least like the flexibility of being allowed to choose. I also have budgeted for a handful of chips and salsa. If I adhere to my plan, there will be no trouble. I’ve got my work cut out for me.

Here’s to a GREAT weekend!

Edzeko,
    You can add some celery sticks, sliced apples, and carrots to the party menu. 🙂

Switzerland day 6 – back into the mountains today for a mini-hike with the kids. Youngest said he thought his heart was beating too much but forgot all about it once we got to a flatter foresty bit!

Had a hearty lakeside lunch so planning an extra FD for tomorrow as I have something like 50 kcals left over for dinner.

Good luck at the weekend – especially for everyone with Mother’s Day coming up!

Cold Pizza…thank you for the suggestion. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. I’ll be running to the store at lunch.

Day 5, Los Angeles – yesterday was my 2d FD this week, so this is my favorite day to see what the scale says. Today I am officially down by 1+ lbs from where I was on 5/1, and 14+ lbs since I started 5:2 on 3/14/16. I am thrilled! Hopefully I will see another drop a week from today, but perhaps not — this was an atypically high weight loss week for me, despite the fact that my eating and calories were the same as the other weeks on 5:2. Didn’t sleep well, probably because I drank too much tea yesterday, trying to stave off FD hunger. Whatever it takes!

Thanks to you all for youR encouraging and inspiring posts. And congratulations to everyone here on their efforts and results. Wow!

Hi Tattie did you mean day 6?

Edzeko – as long as you are in control – enjoy!

Quebecoise – have you marked as may be absent 7th and 8th – have a good time

As the weekend approaches keep in mind everyone of the excellent work you have put in through the week – don’t undo it all with ‘well it’s the weekend’ mindset.

Oops coda, yes, day 6. I’ll blame that on post fast day fog lol

Day 6–California,USA.. I am happy to report a 2 lb weight loss since 5/1 and a total of 10 lbs lost since starting 5:2 on April 11th. Yesterday was my FD and became very hungry by dinner. I may have gone a bit over my calorie limit but the scale was good to me this am. What a nice way to start my weekend. I am hoping to eat sensibly this weekend staying close to my TDEE.

I am going to the movies today and I am going to sneak in some carrots to munch on while my DH munches on his large popcorn. I hope it will keep my hands out of the popcorn bucket.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!!

Hello me again. Day 6 in Gloucestershire. Non-fast day and also working today. Have found myself lacking focus and making silly mistakes prepping my mail for delivery after a fast-day. Have to take extra care with my old fuddled brain!! Weighed myself this morning, good progress. I only weigh and measure directly after a fast day. Results make motivation.

Uk – Day 6

NFD 1 FD 1

Well done cizzy2 – impressive!

So – I can proudly say that I have survived my first fast day. With just soup for lunch, I have a diner of smoked haddock, carrots, cabbage, broccoli and 100g of new pots left to eat this evening (498 calories for the day – anyone have an idea for the last 2 calories lol?) but I am not generally an evening grazer so feel confident in declaring today a success. I was away on holiday when I started to think about embarking on the 5:2 wol and really started to freak myself out about the fasting days – yet today has been fine – no more than a 5 on the 1 -10 hunger scale. Thanks everyone for the encouragement – I am so glad that I jumped in when I did!

USA day 6
    of 42
    NFD plan to weigh tomorrow morning!
    Happy mothers day weekend to all!
    Stay on track,be mindful of what you eat!

Excellent Daisyandmillie – and you are only 3 of 8 who jumped in late that have continued to post – well done on committing. If you can do one day you can do another and another and before long you have done a week. When you have done one week you can do another and before long you have done a month – but it all starts with the first step.

You will only get somewhere when you WANT to get there. If the weekend mindset kicks in listen to that little voice (the good one) – don’t ruin a good week with a bad weekend. Think of where you are now and how before you joined this challenge you wished you were, where you are now! (hope I got my were’s and my where’s in the right place lol.

Off for my run in this lovely sunny weather!

before I go – I thought fast days were supposed to sharpen your brain? Any thoughts?

UK day 1 FD. Had big birthday this week so no point in starting before today. I swam this morning, then had a banana, lots of gardening. Miso and veg soup late lunch and a chicken salad for dinner. Lots and lots of water stopping the hunger and sugar free gum! Feeling ok. Cooking sausage pasta for my zone is tantalising the tastebuds though. Staying strong 🙂

Hi Whaley50 – hope you enjoyed your birthday celebrations Although you are on day 1, for my records you are day 6 – jump in at day 6 and you can continue the extra days at the end.

Run done phew! home and then as promised will do some body weight exercises before I go retire for the night. I find when I exercise I don’t want to spoil the good I have done – whereas others exercise seems to trigger eat – you have earned it. What does it do for you?

Lunch time on fast day could be hard. A lot of delicious smell in the air. Going out of building for a 25 min walk, followed by 5 min jumping with a rope. Win-win!

UK Day 6 not a fast day today, I have tried to eat mindfully and plan to have a glass of wine this evening and enjoy it. Thank you Coda for the reminder not to slip into weekend mode, which feels timely. I am making an asparagus risotto and I am aware that in the past I would have had a Friday night glass of wine on the go while stirring away. Sunday is my day of reckoning.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 2,344 total)

You must be logged in to reply.