42 day challenge beginning 1 May

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
42 day challenge beginning 1 May

This topic contains 2,339 replies, has 109 voices, and was last updated by  back2thefuture 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 2,344 total)

• Hey all — checking in — non-fast day today for me. Goal to stay under TDEE! Heading to the Y soon! Stay strong everyone!
    K-Lo — congrats for walking past the FREE pizza!! That’s a hard one to pass up!! (And ice cream πŸ™ ) haha!

TX, USA, Day 3 of 42. Non-fast day. Scale was smiling at me today morning! I am determined to stay under my TDEE. Brought 2 eggs, miso soup and frozen 290-cal-lunch. This let me go till evening. πŸ™‚

Day 2 my FD yesterday and I’m pretty pleased as it was a holiday and I still stuck to it and got some excercise in. Plan my next FD tomorrow so need to be mindful today I want to eat clean but need to feel satisfied so I’m ready for FD.Finding the forum helpful some good tips and some real inspiration. I have a couple of challenges looming ,going to a ball on Saturday and social events are usually my big downfall but I’m really motivated to keep on track so although I’d like to not drink at all I’m going to aim to drink a glass of water for each glass of wine

Missed check in yesterday – it was my birthday! But I was good. Had a PEO Brunch in the morning but ate carefully. No cake, just a little bite of candy as birthday celebration. Fast day today, Tuesday, in US Midwest. Just found out company will be here Friday evening (my normal next fast day) so not sure what to do. I might fix food for them but only have a salad myself. Otherwise I fast on Thursday again. Ugh. Only one normal day between fasts isn’t my normal way. I’ll figure it out. I LOVE this diet. It is really working and people are noticing!

Hello all – Day 3 from Switzerland

Slept really well, which is unusual for me on a FD. Managed 11,000 steps so was a tiny bit disappointed to lose only 100g on the scales this morning. Still, it’s all going in the right direction. I ‘officially’ weigh once a week, but usually pop on the scales the morning after a FD to give myself a boost (a very tiny boost this time!).

Big apology to Fishing Gran – here is the soup recipe that is filling and (just) under 500kcals per portion: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2155646/lentil-and-bacon-soup

Can’t believe I thought you were asking about miso soup! I blame FD-brain. Some FDs I’m fine, yesterday I was all over the place, and couldn’t remember the word for cheese-grater (had to point at it while a whole load of random words came out, ‘clothes-line’, ‘knifey-cheesy-thingy’…).

Getting there, 100g at a time…

And…exhale, that soup looks delicious. <note to self: figure out gram translations>

Midwest USA Day 3: I had a higher calorie breakfast. Definitely a bit indulgent after yesterday’s fast day…reward. Still, I will stay under my TDEE and keep lunch and dinner veggie heavy and clean. Planning on doing some weights and a quick pilates routine. Oh and lots of housework. πŸ˜‰

K-Lo – So awesome you walked past the free pizza! way to go.

Hello again – like everyone here, I’m sticking with it. My fast day yesterday went well, and I will stay below my TDEE today. Onward!

It’s my fast day! I haven’t fasted since last Thursday so it’s probably gonna be harder than normal, but I’ll be fine! I’m going to the beach for a run this morning and meeting some friends in the afternoon at a trampoline park. At least I’ll be busy!

Checking in…NFD and doing fairly well. Quite controlled so far. And I’m heading off with the boy to the pool after school. I plough the lengths while he has his lesson. So much better for me than sitting in the coffee with coffee/crisps/chocolate watching him splash about.

Going to do my second FD tomorrow – I’m setting myself some dead-lined writing, some furniture moving and a couple of meetings to keep me distracted. Here’s hoping it works.

Day three. Wisconsin, USA. Yesterday was my FD. Start of my third week on 5:2. I doubt fasting will ever be easy, but certainly getting easier. For many of us humans, it’s difficult to live in a developed, prosperous community, and not eat more than our fair share. After all, our fair share is actually much smaller than many of us would like to believe.

This is what I absolutely LOVE about fasting. It puts me in touch with what I need vs. what I want.

Additionally…I use my fasting days to try to improve myself emotionally and spiritually. I choose a troublesome area of my life, or a hurting person; every time I feel hunger, I pray over this area and human.

For people who don’t pray, meditating, or repeating positive thoughts would work too.

Committed to staying under my TDEE this week. That’s new for me. Good luck to all.

I’d like to join- only a couple of days late. This is my first fast day in May. I will not be able to blog 5/5-5/11 b/c I’ll be on a backpacking trip with no cell/ internet service.

Fast day today! I originally lost 20lbs on the plan and then had a health issue which derailed me. Yep- I gained all of it back- boo. So, I’m back now, at 171 (last week was my first week back) and I lost 2 lbs, so I’m sitting at 169 on this first fast day of May. Ready to knock out the weight. I want to get to 135 which is the lower middle of normal. Most especially, I am getting into endurance walking and the extra weight slows me down!

Today is a non FD for me. Not going crazy, had 1/2 of croissant and black coffee for breakfast, will have 60g gr. of rice with some sautΓ©ed veggies and 2 oz. or roasted chicken, 1 apple and 2 servings of strawberries for this afternoon, and seafood soup for dinner (150 cl). Water… all day long.

Hi UK day 3
    Backtothefuture although you started 2 days before the challenge and you are are technically day 5 would you stick to the actual challenge days since it started? Thanks makes updating the spread sheet a little easier.

I have the spread sheet up and running so I can keep track of you all (hopefully, as there are now 80+ members). Please start your post something like – UK day 3 and I will put a tick beside your name (some have got this – others have not). This challenge is for 42 days and part of the challenge is you show commitment and post each day. I don’t mind if it is just ‘UK day 3’ I will check you in. If for any reason you can’t post each day let me know and I can mark it on my sheet – otherwise I expect a post.Giving the day you are on is important as we are all in different times zones. Thank you πŸ™‚

Cizzy2 – well done you! Don’t know how many given the choice of chips or radishes have picked radishes – pat on the back for you!

K-lo also pat on back for walking past free pizza WELL DONE!

Brightonbelle – what about counting the calories in a glasses of wine and trying to stick to a reasonable number? – with alcohol the danger is you lose your resolve – but what ever you do enjoy the night.

Many happy returns Whalley and welcome!

Songbird – you are forgiven and happy birthday for yesterday.

Good work everyone – still haven’t heard from some people but may have missed them but the amnesty is now over so make sure you post!

Thanks everyone for joining me in this challenge – I hope you all find it worth while at the end.

Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions!
    x

Southeast US, Day 3. Yesterday was a fast day and all went well. Non-fast today. No big plans. Working all day and will walk on the treadmill once I’m home. Next fast day will be Thursday.

Uk day 3 – first fast day for me here, woohoo, it was much easier than i thought, i think the key is def to keep busy though. I must admit that yesterday i was getting very stressed at the thought of not much food but it hasnt been too bad. I had planned an hour at the gym and usually have museli for breakfast to prepare but going on an empty stomach was fine.
    Couple of bad headaches but they didnt last long, going food shopping in the morning so ill get some miso soup to see if that helps on my next fd. Thanks for all the titbits of advice, as a first timer its nice to have you all ‘holding my hand’ πŸ™‚

Scotland – day 3
    Had a good fast day yesterday and delighted with the scales this morning. They gave me 8 st 13 3/4lbs. Just…..under the 9 stone target. Just finished dinner of very slow cooked lamb shank (in the crock pot) with lots of lovely veg. with cauliflower mash. Feeling stuffed! it is a NFD for me and although I have some calories still to eat, I don’t feel as though I need them, so apart from a cuppa, that’s me finished eating for the day.
    Great work from all you newbies, you have all made a great start. I’m very impressed with all the exercising you are doing. Maybe when the weather gets better here, I can start walking again. (I’m very much a fair weather person)
    but I have done a lot of steps at work today, so feel as though I’m joining in, though somewhat sedately!
    Coda – just remembered you asked me for the recipe for Chocolate/Coconut slice. Here it is.
    Taken from the book CLEAN CAKES BY HENRIETTA INMAN

Coconut-cacao-quinoa bars

Bars:
    120g pitted Medjool dates
    Seeds from one vanilla pod
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp Himalayan Pink salt
    1.25 tsp Ground cinnamon
    50g dark chocolate (85%)
    100g dessicated coconut
    50g Quinoa flakes
    50g Cacao nibs
    60g coconut oil
    20g coconut nectar

Topping:
    100g Dark chocolate (85%)
    20g Desiccated coconut.

Method:
    Grease and line loaf tin 18x11x8cm deep with baking parchment
    Put dates, vanilla seeds and extract, salt & cinnamon in food processor and blend to a smooth paste.
    Roughly chop chocolate to small pieces, add to the dates with desiccated coconut, quinoa flakes and cacao nibs. Blend well. Add gently melted coconut oil and nectar to mix and blend till well combined. It should stick together in your hand.
    Press mix well into baking tin smoothing the top. Freeze for 1 hour.

Remove mix from tin and cut into 12 bars approx. 1.5cm (1/2″) using a serrated knife. If it’s too hard just let it sit for a while, but not too long or it will begin to break up.

Melt the topping chocolate in a bain marie, stirring gently till smooth. put desiccated coconut on a flat plate.

dip the bars in chocolate length wise so the bottom half is covered in chocolate, let it drip off, then dip into coconut while chocolate is still wet.

Store in the fridge (or freeze)
    Great with a cup of tea, or crumbled over yogurt. Enjoy.

I know you will all be asking how many calories per bar – I haven’t worked it out properly, but I allow approx. 160 cals per slice. To be honest, it’s so nice, I’m going to eat it regardless of how many calories, but it is very healthy!!! TTL

Hello again. Day 3, non-fast day. I am keeping a food diary. Maybe if I have to write everything down I won’t eat as much as I usually do. I’m a bit of a binge-eater after I get home from work…..normally, that is!! Also making sure I fit in a brisk walk daily (a couple of miles, perhaps).

UK day 2 non fasting day. done well lots of gardening in the sunshine, lots of water. will be under my TDEE for today. fast day tomorrow. loving the posts, so encouarging thanks all! weighed this morning and lost 1kg! Brilliant, kerp busy and stay focused…….

U.K. Day 3 a bit fed up should have been a fast day but events over took me and I ended up having a few drinks and tea at the pub so a very very poor start to my FIRST fast day.
    Now moved it to tommorrow bought everything I need to have a good day tommorrow but very disappointed in myself today.

Day 4 Australia and an Earlybird G’day to you all

I woke up early after my B2B fast at 4am but won’t have breakfast until my official weekly weigh in at 7am. I usually graph my Wednesday weigh in to record my progress. I am aiming to lose 1.5 kilos which is approximately 3lbs during the 42 day challenge.

The B2B fast was due to a full on week and a trying to fit everything in kind of time but I have managed it. I had 500 cals allowed for each day but ate below that. I’ve posted my first day food on yesterday’s post and for my second day I had some blueberries, a boiled egg, a large crunchy salad and plenty of fabulous black coffee which is probably why I am awake so early this morning.

I am so enjoying reading all your posts and that we have joined together from all over the world is fantastic.

All the best for Day 4

U.K. day 3 here.
    Non fast day, seems to have gone alright so far, under tdee and haven’t eaten nearly as much rubbish as normal.
    Planning to move fast day forward to tomorrow rather than Thursday; I’ve got a work thing tomorrow afternoon so I think that might make it a bit easier in the afternoon. Given that it’s only the second fast day I’m trying to minimise boredom and the access to food I have at home lol.

Day 3 Brazil, here are 16:00, another day of successful fast !!!!

Quebecoise Day 3.
    My first FD yesterday was perfect and I am very proud of Myself. I already lost weight since day 1.

Planning is a good way to succed.

Today, I will be eating less than my TDEE. My meals are planned so it will help. Wow, I just ate a raw carrot instead of chocolate. Hiphip hourra for me !

I had planned to go swimming in an indor pool today but it’s cold (7 celcius and no sun brrrrrr) outside so just thinking about it makes me feel cold. I’ll dress up and go for a bike ride instead.

Thank you Coda for managing this group. Have a nice evening everyone.

UK Day 3. Non FD, under TDEE but feeling unusually hungry. Hot drinks and keeping busy this evening. Goal for today – clothes sort out and ready for charity shop – done.

Thanks for this idea, Edzeko. I think Ill add that positive into my fasting, too. I’ve also been mulling over the ‘need.vs greed’ motivation as well…still thinking this through.

Thank you And…exhale for the soup recipe looking forward to trying it on a fast day i find a soup sits well and i love lentils.

Aussie day 4 thank you Coda for starting this the past 12 mths I have found it hard to get back into it. Love the fact we are all facing this challenge together.

Day 3

Okay finally faced the scales, 11.6 – not the heaviest I’ve been but need to get back on the tred mill and get moving. Fasting tomorrow and it’s been ages so using the 42 day challenge as a motivator. Today have been a series of meetings but thankfully was able to get a good 30 min fast walk in. Enjoying reading the other posts – as ever wonderful support.

I’ve already checked in today. Enjoying everyone’s posts very much.

Why is my TDEE day harder for me than my FD? I have a feeling these TDEE days are key for me. I keep thinking of what my teenage son said recently. My son is a wrestler, and has to get to an exact “fighting weight” for competition. Last time down, he said, “Why is it easier for me to just not eat, then to stop eating?”

Because he’s my son, I suppose.

Edzeko,
    the same for me. I am working on planning my food for TDEE days.
    I was fasting successfully, but ruin some loss by overeating on NF days. πŸ™

Uk day 2 (day 3 technically but i started a day late πŸ˜€) First fast day yesterday went really well. I did get hungry partway through but had a cuppa and it soon settled. Non-fast day today was actually slightly more challenging as the freedom was strange and i did delve into a pack of biscuits in the afternoon – thankfully i was only slightly over my T… And went for a good strole with the baby and dog to make up for it! I will need to watch these days carefully as my main problem is not recognising that i am no longer eating for two or that midnight snacks are no longer acceptable….😊 Not going to dwell, tomorrow is another day and i plan to fast again. Your messages and successes make me rethink my urge to binge, if you can all do it, so can i! Good luck everyone!

Australia Day 4. Weigh day today, another pound down. Very pleased. Today is a non fast day. My plan is to eat healthily, check portions and not drink a half bottle of wine! Oh, and to walk briskly for an hour. I haven’t been able to get my head around TDEE. Mine is so low, 1253, it would feel like I’m on a constant diet, and that wouldn’t do at all in the long term. So I’ll continue to weigh and measure, check portions, focus on whole foods, have a glass of wine (my guilty pleasure), a bit of cheese, and not have chips ( crisps) and salty biscuits in the house!

Day 3 in big brother house oops wrong programme!

Hi all just checking in before I retire for the night. Another star on my calendar I kept below my tdee and did 30 mins of body weight exercises. This is the first in ages and I am sure my muscles will feel it tomorrow. First fast day for me tomorrow but reading of all your successes is sure to keep me on the right track.

Thanks for recipe TTL will make those at weekend for a treat. Soup looks good too and ..exhale so may try that as well this week.

Chipmunk how nice to hear from you. My you have itchy feet this weather. Enjoy your travels and check in with us before you leave. I was in touch with Action who said he may look in and touch base with us. Take care everyone and well done so far!

Meant to ask Chipmunk where are you off too next?

Sorry before I go has anyone weighed their spaghetti before eating it? Weighed mine tonight and for 100 g you don’t get an awful lot but calories came out at 300 or so – shocked!

Hi Coda, I had been counting from my real first day on 5:2 which was April 30 but will now count from May 1 as Day 1. So that makes today Day 4 here in Australia. Had my first FD on Monday and will have my second tomorrow (Thursday). My TDEE days in between have been fine. I am also doing at least 90 minutes of walking each day. This group is so motivating!Thank you!

UK Day 3 fasting day over. Particularly pleased that I had a social event this evening, and managed to resist wine and snacks.

Hello and Oi! (for the Brazilian guy),
    Southern California day #3 over. It was a FD for me, quite difficult this time. Almost 700 calories. Tomorrow is a normal day and after that I’ll do another FD on Thursday. Got rid of 2 lb in the last 3 days, not bad. πŸ™‚

Someone mentioned a “fast cook book”. I see many options, different authors, some “fast 5:2”, some just “fast”. I wonder if any are “approved” by Dr. Mosley’s 5:2 diet. Any favorites or suggestions from anyone?

Midwest USA day 3: checking in again..end of day. I didn’t keep track of my calorie intake as well as I should have. I don’t think I went over my TDEE but didn’t eat as healthy as I would like. Did my Pilates routine. Tomorrow I am going to be more aware and keep better track. Portion things out. Looking forward to a good nights sleep. Goodnight all!

USA day 3 of 42
    NFD found myself not hungry till around lunch.
    The cookbook I have is by Mimi Spencer and Dr Sarah Schenker with a forward by DR Mosley.I am enjoying reading recipe ideas and the text is informative, helps keep diet plan current on my mind.
    Have a great day all!

Hello, Day 4, 38 days to go of challange. Trying to decide whether to have back to back fasting today, as the power is out. Will update tomorrow of my decision, lol.

End of day 3 in California. Had an ok NFD. I may have gone over met TDEE though. My work provided lunch today, but since I brought my own it was easy to pass on the sandwich and chips. However, I did eat one chocolate chip cookie. I felt hungry today, need to work on portion control. I reached my goal of 10000 steps today. I have been skipping breakfast, eating around noon and again at 6 pm. I am hoping for a more controlled NFD tomorrow. Goodnight!

Cornwall, UK day 3. kept well under my TDEE yesterday. Fast day today. I am finding that weighing everything and writing down everything I eat keeps me on track. Not easy for everyone but keeps me focused! My exercise bike awaits after my large cup of lemon and hot water! good luck to everyone today.

Begining of day 4 for me and first fd. Have a run planned for after work – week 2 of c 2 5 k.
    MIND SET IS EVERYTHING!

Anonymous

NL day 4
    I have scales that give weight, % fat, -water, -muscle and cals.
    Yesterday a friend came over and brought a Turkish bΓΆrek which I’m convinced is the culprit for the +0.1 fat gain this moring. But I also went for a long walk of 1,5 hours so I was pleased to see that the % muscle had gone up too so all in all not dissappointed in the weight gain of 200 grams. Thursday will be my second fast day.

UK Day 4 – checking in early as it’s a FD for me, and I’m hoping to keep moving and try not to notice!
    Good luck everyone.

UK day 3 My 2nd fast day already have my food planned for the day,find this is the only way for me or else I can go over way to easily.Coda I had a chuckle about the spaghetti I did the same thing recently, it’s a real shocker !Have you tried courgetti? I was sceptical but I like the taste and it’s a good way to be able to join in with the rest of the family last week I did a nice cherry tomato and crab sauce which looked delicious on the pasta but pretty good on courgetti too. Stay strong everyone

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 2,344 total)

You must be logged in to reply.