42 day challenge beginning 1 May

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
42 day challenge beginning 1 May

This topic contains 2,339 replies, has 109 voices, and was last updated by  back2thefuture 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 2,344 total)

• USA day25 of 42
    Made black bean soup last night.
    Hungry this morning.
    NFD

Crush no problem at all and apologies if you already advised me of that in previous posts. Will note Tuesdays to Saturdays only. Thanks

Quรฉbec, day 25

Hi everyone.
    I’m back from camping. Beautifull nature, very nice people, good food and wine. I was a bit scared to get on the scale this morning but, youppi, I did not gain weight. The lady is very happy !

This week I’d like to get down to 134 pounds. I can’t seem to break the 135 pounds mark. I have been sticking to that number for many days. Up just a bit and down just a bit but never less than 135,2. So that’s my new short term goal. Crossing my fingers and being carefull to what I will be eating ( and, I must admit, and drinking a glass or two of wine).

My husband will be away for about two weeks taking care of his 90 years old dady who had a septic shock and is now in hospital. It made us very nervous, especialy Robert. I don’t know yet if it will be easier or harder for my 5:2. I will be able to support him only from very far apart ( almost 20 hours driving trip ).

Today is a NFD. Tomorrow I’m planning to fast.

The autocorrect phones made me laugh soooo much. Thank you for posting the link.

Looking forward to reaching my 134 pounds.

Have a very nice day x

Laughed out loud at some of those autocorrects

Pacific NW USA: Day 25 NFD

My first b2b FD’s went well, however yesterday every restaurant I passed made my mouth salivate, just took a drink of tea every time I thought about food and 500 cal for dinner each night seemed like a feast! I’m in awe of the 7 day liquid fast I read about on Dr Fong’s web site, wow, but there was one lady commenter who said she experienced increased libido after 7 FD’s, hmmm.

So many inspirations as I read over the last pages so this may get long:
    BrightonBelle – we did it, b2b is a recourse we can use and I agree, I think it was Dr Westman who also recommended joining a support group. DONE and DONE! We all had lucky stars or Coda’s God’s breeze or my doctor’s spirit whispers who lead us to this support group (actually got teary eyed when I wrote that)!
    Edzeko – you and your family have so much to celebrate,
    HannaWatto – maybe your hip/knee will be thanking you when some pounds are off!
    DorothyG – I actually pictured you hiding out in the men’s – after your anniversary??
    Squeeze (what auto correct did to Qsue) – ouch! Still you kept to the plan, hooray!
    Merryme- you are my HERO and you have truly inspired me!
    ABC1 – I scanned the article, some good recipes and so what if you are eating melon and still losing weight your body must think it’s OK for you!
    DebbieQ – I battle adverse opinions all around me, skipping breakfast is one, but I can’t wait till those same people ask me how I lost all the weight!
    K-Lo – sometimes it seems so cruel that adding pounds is so much easier than taking them off, but then all our experts on IF tell us why and gives us a solution!
    Coldpizza – your brain is disappointed but if you gave your head to your heart what would you say to someone else who was in your same spot on this challenge?Probably that they are strong and 5:2 is never broken, just a new lesson learned on the path to health! You are still here, that’s the difference, a bump in the road is not a failure!
    Gold moon – your long term health is what’s really important!
    Melilotus – thanks for readings – always helpful to me
    Dutch- thanks for laughs, I passed them on
    Quebecoise – congrats on being so close. I was thinking about how far I have to go in comparison and then I realized how happy I am that the scales are actually cooperating in the right direction, even when it seems to be taking so long. And actually this journey has the side benefits of better overall health than when I weighed less!

My bullet-proof coffee splurge is tasting very good after the 2 fast days! Signing off to get outside to clean up the yard a little before family arrives! Happy day to everyone!

Now I have seen the exercise bike film, I want one. Not sure my knees would be up for it though. Better I stick to the walking!

Goldmoon, I have that strange feeling in the head, and have had occasional dizziness, but generally I don’t have any great food desires so I can get through those fast days OK.

It was a nice warm sunny day today so I mowed all the grass in my underwear. No idea where my swim suit is. I live very remotely so there is no chance of any witnesses! I am hoping to get some sun exposure gently. That must count as some sort of exercise? It will have to be the last time until the strike ends.

After Dr Moseley’s film on exercise I feel guilty every time I sit down now!

We are in a mess in France, having no fuel. I wonder how long it will take to get sorted out this time. Eventually there will be no deliveries to markets because of it. Already small marketeers are apologising that they have no fuel for deliveries.

I have half a tank left in the car, and because I live in the sticks I am keeping that for emergencies.

Day 25 in Los Angeles. NFD today. Ate way too much Cambazola cheese yesterday (one of my weaknesses) but I managed to stay at my TDEE (or very slightly over?) for the day. Today the scale says I’m about 1/2 lb heavier than I was before the St. Louis trip, so I’m shedding the extra weight from that trip fairly quickly.

Trying/hoping to weigh in under 220 by sometime next week — that will feel good. I want to get down to about 175-180 so it will take awhile, but that’s okay.

We’ve got this!

Day 25. Wisconsin, USA.

Dutch, Dahliafan, Coda, Micky42 Merryme, NorthernDawn, DebbieQ, And…exhale, thank you so much for your kind words! I am probably missing someone. I always think I want to respond to people’s posts, and then by the time I get done reading, I’ve forgotten which person said what. I just know this is a very intelligent and sympathetic group. It’s so wonderful. I am remembering details of each person’s story, but not so much their forum name. Maybe it would be easier if it was, Julie, Jane, Anne and Sue. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dutch…I am overjoyed to hear that your daughter is thriving now. Funny how childhood illness can bond parents going through the same thing. Any time I hear of a parent’s struggle with their child being ill, I’m a mess.

Merryme…my heart is very sympathetic to you and your trials. Please believe that you are getting better. Please keep having hope. I have learned that hope is key. My worst moments were when I momentarily lost hope. I’m glad it didn’t happen often.

I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I do believe my appetite is regulating to something new. Something healthier. I finally can say that on my NFD’s I am not up to tearing into food as I was in the beginning. I hope this continues.

UK day 25 and a FD for me. I took some soup to work but was too busy in meetings to have it. Feel fine on just water, planning some veg chilli shortly, and an early night. ABC1 I’ve been hearing about the fuel shortages in France, I hope they are resolved soon. Reminds me of when there were fuel strikes here in the UK once, years ago. We had been invited to a wedding in Devon, and only just made it there and back to London before we ran out. There was a lot of illicit bartering of red diesel as I remember, which is only supposed to be for agricultural use. Thank you to everyone for such thought provoking posts, particularly Merryme of course.

USA day 25: NFD
    Still trying not to beat this cold type bug I got. Today I am feeding it..not over TDEE though ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Wish I could reply to people…can’t. Kiddies nap and I must too. But I do read all the posts. Best to everyone. And hoping the fuel shortage in France is quickly resolved for you, ABC1.

Coda, I think I put day 23 twice! Sorry about that.

Day 25 NFD – Utah (USA) Doing well. Yesterday’s FD was different for me. I did what others have tried and had only black coffee or water until 3 p.m. when I ate an apple. Supper was a salad and one piece of leftover pizza. THAT was why I saved all my calories until then. It was delicious, and lasted me well throughout the evening.

Melilotus – great links. Thanks so much!

Edzeko – hope your graduation party was a terrific success! How proud you must be.

U.K. Day 25

It was a NFD for me and I must admit to finding today tough – I wanted to eat everything in sight! However I think I kept to around my TDEE – just! Tomorrows a fd

Day25 CornwalL UK.
    b2b fasting went surprisingly well, though I was hungry yesterday I felt in control. This morning I needed some protein so had scrambled eggs and toast, just ate half the toast as I felt full! definitely progress!

A thought to consider โ€˜ I chose to eat foods that make my body vibrant and aliveโ€™.
    weighed and measured today and lost 10lbs since starting the challenge, very pleased! Also an inch off bust and waist. OH says he can really see the difference!

Edzeko hope the party goes well, what a great celebration it will be! havefun!

Meli 15lbs wow well done!.

Merryme I also forget names in posts! Had time to write a few down today!
    You are an inspiration, overcoming such a big hurdle, I am humbled.

Dutch, 2.7 cholestrol amazing I struggle, got it down from 11 to 9 was then put on a statin that caused me awful side effects so I stopped them and am hoping the 5.2 will help. Time will tell! I believe from reading various articles that women over 60 do need a higher cholestrol higher hdl, the good one!

Qsue Ouch! I hope you’re up and about soon.

Good luck everyone, onwards and downwards!!!

Aussie day 26 FD today Merryme my heart goes out to you I can’t imagine how you must feel. Qsue ouch rest that ankle. Just realized I no longer crave cheese or chocolate and no longer reach for a biscuit with my coffee i was following a diet where you ate 3 small meals and 3 snacks each day i found i was watching the clock to see when i could eat again just mindless eating on my NF Days now when the belly starts to rumble it’s actually a meal time. Going to check out those links later.

You are welcome. ๐Ÿ™‚

I had a busy day today so I fasted, it was quite easy because I didn’t have time to think about it.

Tomorrow is going to be a NFD and please Coda, consider this my message for day # 26. I’ll be very busy tomorrow so I don’t want to forget posting here.

Have an easy rest of the week everyone!

Australia Day 26 – FD. Was out last night and yes went over my TDEE but only a little and ate and drank so much less than I would have done before 5:2 and this challenge. This group really helps me to keep focussed and feel more accountable. Happy Thursday all.

Good morning from South Australia Day May 26
    Thank you for all your kind thoughts about my ouch ankle, it is getting better, I managed to stagger to the theatre last night. Only one concerned person asked if my ankle was due to the 5:2 diet which I did find funny but anyway I shall head to the Docs soon for my general annual check up.
    I did not hear about the fuel strike in France on our news but will google it later today.
    All the best to everyone and onwards and downwards

Melilotous consider your self checked in for day 26. Nite nite, all you inspiring people!

Hello guys! 25 challenge …. Brazil!!!

Tomorrow is a holiday here and then come the weekend, we will see the size of damage!

Who knew karma had a sense of humour! I have been looking forward to my FD today, woke this morning feeling really good about it, and even told my son how surprised I am at how easy I have found the FDs. Karma was obviously eavesdropping and I am now STARVING! ๐Ÿ™‚

Australia, day 26, FD 66.5kgs and a personal best ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes. I am in a good place๐Ÿ™‚ Yesterday was a bit emotional, but I’ m good again now. I’m 18yrs in, got this when my youngest was 16 and not all kids still at home, and I am one of the rare ones who can take something that makes my body produce a bit more energy so I now live at about 35%-40% on the rating scale. I live what resembles a normal life to others, am financially secure, and I pace my daily life mostly very well. The key to living with this is to not only pace everything but to accept it. With acceptance comes freedom. It’s a different life, one I didn’t expect, and 2 yrs in I grieved for the life and future I had lost, but I got past that and started working out what to do with the rest of my life. Now I am an artist, and have learnt little by little, I have 3 wonderful adult children, and a supportive spouse, and I can travel a bit handling it certain ways preplanned. Life is good. This life is different but also brings things I wouldn’t have had without the ME/CFS.

Following all your stories and sending you good wishes, commiserations and congratulations as the case may be.

Wishing a good fast day to all with a FD today,
    Onwards and downwards, and remember to keep getting back on the horse!
    Merry

Day 25 Minnesota, USA about 8:00pm
    Another FD today as the second of 3 planned for this week. It went well. Had a supper of Shakshuka, so with the 2 eggs and half cup of sauce, I think it was under 300 cal. Thanks for whoever posted that earlier…..I googled it and decided to try it. OH loved it as a light supper.
    I also wish I could respond to everyone. Not much time now so maybe tomorrow.
    I have decided that during our 3 week challenge-break (before the next), I will re-read every post on this challenge thread for at least second time. I know it will keep me inspired and motivated in those 3 weeks on break. I’m sure I’ve missed some important thoughts, stories or words of wisdom; or I may need reminders. ๐Ÿ˜‰ This thread moves so fast that I feel I won’t be able to appreciate it completely until I’ve gone back and read it over again.
    MerryMe, the way you try to look on the bright side and make the best of your situation, as well as feel compassion for those who have it worse than you, is a testament to a courageous and generous spirit.
    Good luck everyone. Thanks for your company on this challenge!

Australia Day 26 – 16 days to go of challenge ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello, today is a fasting day today. Pretty busy this afternoon, so hopefully it will fly by. Had a decent eating day yesterday, was stuffed after dinner. I said to my husband I would be jealous today for feeling so full yesterday, as I don’t think I have felt full in weeks, but today I don’t feel hungry really at all, thankfully. Well, yet! lol.

Fasts – 13 Non fasts – 13

Australia Day 26. FD going well so far. Sorry I haven’t had time to post each day and I’m with NorthernDawn, I will be reading all posts while on our break. A few other positive changes happening in my life at present, along with the weight loss. Interesting times!

Day 25 – Belgium

Good morning Everyone – Monday and Wednesday were FDs, yesterday was tough but I succeeded, today is NFD. If I can, I will keep another FD tomorrow – in that case I will have a 4:3 week, if not, bagged a 5:2. Great, either way.

Coda: True, I can’t log in every day, in fact until now I didn’t realise it was a strict rule. I did my best though. Am on vacation now, sometimes away from home for days. I will comment as much as I can, and as soon as time allows, will catch up with reading the whole thread.

back2thefuture: Thank you for the helpful reminder, you are right, indeed our long-term health is the goal.

ABC1: Very true, I do have the same experience, an odd headache without the feeling we might describe ‘desire for food’. There are FDs when I have no problem at all, but then I don’t lose weight. Oh, well, no pain, no gain (loss, lol)
    On other FDs I feel distracted and weak all the time; that’s how I know, I am ‘hungry’.
    HIT is challenging for my knees too, yet am overly motivated to see some major health results, so I keep pushing it along with the 5:2 (4:3) diet.

Gardening is fantastic! As far as I can tell, it does count quite a good amount of exercise. And yes, walking is probably the single best workout – now that weather has mercy on us too, I will make use of it too.
    As for the strike in France, hopefully it will be settled soon and all will be well.

I wish you and everyone a fabulous day ๐Ÿ™‚

Switzerland – Day 26 – NFD
    Well, this was supposed to be a FD, but I woke up feeling rotten, so have held off. I don’t often cancel a FD but in my experience they don’t help in ‘shaking off’ a bug so now I reschedule if I’m feeling ‘under the weather’.
    I’ve been following this WOL for ten months now, so I’m in it for the long-term and need to think about my health first (although I am busting to get under 88kg!!).
    So, I had a bowl of Fruit & Fibre and now still feel ill, but full…
    Have a good day everyone!

Day 26 Cotswolds UK: Fast Day today. Keeping busy as I can as I’m off work until next Tuesday. Being at work (delivering for Royal Mail) makes it so much easier. I take no food and no money with me, so I just CAN’T eat, even if I wanted to! At home I need more will-power, but, thanks to the group support, I have it. I will eat a small snack at 4pm or after, when 24 hours is up on water only. For exercise I’ve got in the habit to walk briskly for nearly an hour each evening, when I would otherwise snack. How I admire you people who can do two fast days running….not for me I think!!

Day 26 UK FD for me today making this week my first 4:3 (if all goes well ) I go on holiday , or maybe I should say vacation as my new friends from around the world say ,in 2 weeks time so that’s fuelling my short term goal, I want to feel good in skimpier clothes , it’ll be quite hot and I want to do a lot of walking and be able to enjoy it not be worrying about how big my belly looks , trivial I know but a little thing that would make me happier .

Went to a Spanish/Asian fusion tapas restaurant for dinner last night which was lovely but caused some difficulties this morning trying to remember the ingredients on MFP ,another small breakthrough for me ,usually when sharing dishes I’m careful to make sure I get my “share” but last night I just ate what I truly wanted and it felt good

Day 26 Aus – not on track but hopefully wiil be tomorrow. Shakshuka is yum on a fast day. Try the paddingtonfoodies recipies for 5:2. She was my go to person to help me through fast days.

US SE Day 26 FD

I’m so happy to do a fast day today. Last evening because my company leaves tomorrow, I made one of my OH favorite meals, which I love too but which also happens to be covered in a heavy cream/cheese sauce. It was a NFD for me so I made sure I ate lightly during the day to allow for it. During the night I woke up feeling so sick I was miserable. It has to be that my system has become used to eating healthier foods and this meal was a total overload. I haven’t even had my morning coffee/tea yet. This has been a lesson learned ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a good day everyone!

Hi UK day 26 – Capricorn and Goldmoon – noted that you can’t post each day. Goldmoon this was a rule to encourage accountability and commitment and it seems to work well. However as I am aware how busy some are as long as you let me know I can note this down. As you are from Belgium 26th May would be day 26 so although you have said day 25 I have you checked in as day 26. Next time you are on would you consider updating your profile and tell us a little more about yourself?

I sat a Maths exam this morning yes ha ha at my age – what seemed a good idea at the time I decided to sit my Maths GCSE (foundation level). It was nerve wracking but decided as fasting promotes brain activity not to eat before hand. This may well turn into a fast day but will see how it goes as I am not hungry yet. Part two in 2 weeks time. I was useless at Maths while at school and always felt stupid – so this was pushing me out of my comfort zone. They say it is good to push yourself – I will tell you once it is all over if I agree lol.

I remember a few years ago going on an adventure holiday with the family – while I could hardly climb a ladder without feeling dizzy – part of the challenge was to climb up a pole to the top and stand. Now you are roped up so there was no danger to life and limb but the sense of achievement I felt was overwhelming – I felt I could do anything. I went on to climb other poles and frames – the rush was amazing.

So I would like you to push yourself a little in the last few weeks of this challenge – just to see what can be achieved. I want you to be able to say at the end of 6 weeks YES I DID IT!

A few names that will be deleted at the end of the week are
    Bahassie
    Belied
    Davidofasherville
    Epione
    Fraub
    Lauriel
    NZ@60
    Strongstrongstrong
    Tattiebogle – sorry to lose you
    The Cowboy56
    Troyca

If I have made an error – please let me know. All the rest a very well done for sticking so far.

Anonymous

NL day 26
    FD. Having some hunger pangs…maybe an early meal this evening, because it’s only half past two now. Phew.
    Argghh…I’ll be happy the day I’m 70kg or less! Currently 71,4. Could have lost more but cheated a little bit too much. The cheating has stopped though and the gain on NFD’s is minimal. Started at 75kg on april 28.

US, Day 26, greetings from Rte 3 in Secaucus, NJ. On the road to Lake George region.

NFD. Weight steady in 120s. Made my short term goal. New goal is 118 by June 30. Breakfast taco..two eggs and a T of grated cheese. And coffee. Always coffee.

USA, Day 26. Yesterday fast day was somewhere between 400-600 cal. – not perfect, but better than nothing. NF today, but trying to postpone eating till lunch or later.
    Battling with major binge mood.
    I really admire people who are so steady in their plans. Why I cannot just stick to the plan? I was doing so good so far, and than had major binge. For a week I gain back pounds that took for me 35 prior days to lose. I just could not stop overeating.
    Like I HAD TO make up for my healthy eating and losing. GRRR!

It is nice to see that many of you are sticking to the plan and losing. I am trying hard to catch up. ๐Ÿ™‚

US/Day 26 – FD today. NFD yesterday and I completely blew it. I’m crabby and disgusted with myself. I think I am out to sabotage myself every Wednesday. Need to come up with a new plan. Anyway, today is planned and I will be keeping very busy. Weigh in day tomorrow.

UK day 26 – Just checking in and noting that, yet again, a NFD…really want to get another fast day in, but finding it impossible just now.

Anonymous

Wow Coda – impressive! Let us know the results :>
    coldpizza and rlw66 be strong! Seems we’re all entitled to mess up once in a while. It happens. Again, it’s no failure, it’s an attempt gone bad. Tomorrow’s another day.
    Hang in there!!

Anonymous

:> fast thread..by the time you’ve finished typing and posting there’s a few more posts!

rlw66, you are not alone. I am crabby and disgusted with myself too. What a nice pair we are! LOL! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 26. Wisconsin, USA. FD.

I have four older sisters. I am 44 years old, and the youngest. My sisters, mom and I communicate daily. We love each other very much, and have seen each other through all the joys and sorrows in life.

Of my Mom’s five daughters, two daughters battle with significant extra weight. The other three of us are always hoping to lose that extra 10 – 15 pounds.

This morning, one sister sent us a message. She was asking for encouragement and prayers (we like to pray). She said she feels fat and ugly, and she’s tired of the struggle; she is tempted to give up on herself.

I should say this: My two sisters with more significant weight issues don’t talk about their struggle often. Generally, they suffer in silence. After my one sister asked for help, then the rest chimed in as well. We all share this struggle.

It occurs to me that many women are preoccupied with these negative thoughts; distracted from living by insecurity and self-loathing. My sisters are all beautiful, self sacrificing, kind-hearted, well-educated women. They have invested themselves in their families, careers and communities. Yet, none of those good things impacts how my sisters view themselves? Their self worth and their joy is dependent upon how their clothes fit, or the extra roll around their tummy?

Ridiculous. Why do women do this to themselves? Why do I do it to myself?

I’m not falling for it anymore. I am a healthy, strong, loving, good-hearted woman. I am thankful for the body I have been given, and I vow to love it, and take care of it. I will say nice things about my body, and forgive myself for my missteps. I will enjoy my days on Earth, because I was made for this life. I will not measure my happiness by my reflection in the mirror, or by numbers on my scale.

I have spent most of my life learning about nutrition, health and fitness. I love it all. I am a firm believer in taking care of myself. I want everyone to embrace healthy living. But, I am firmly against good people degrading themselves based on their bodies.

I have not told my sisters about 5:2 yet. They have tried many, many diets over the course of their lives. I believe their bodies work against them like the contestants I have read about on “Biggest Loser”. My plan is to stay the course. Hopefully, when I have 6 months to a year of 5:2 under my belt, and I have maintained a 10 pound weight loss, and feel very healthy, I can share this secret with them. I probably will tell them sooner, but, that’s my plan right now.

Also, I will do what they have asked. I’ll keep encouraging them, and pray for them to wake up inspired in the morning to be their best selves. To be deaf to self hatred, and instead to recognize all the awesome things they have accomplished, and to feel joyful, because they’re alive, and have given so much of themselves to so many people.

I wish such good things for my sisters and for all of you. This is a fun journey we are on together. We are strong and beautiful. We aren’t afraid of challenges, and we aren’t afraid of mistakes. We are learning and growing, and building community. We have many adventures ahead.

Whew! Sorry for using the forum as a journal entry, but I guess I had a lot to say on this subject. Please be kind to yourselves, because you are awesome.

Edzeko.
    Thank you for your post! We all need it.
    I wish I had a sister like you!
    I am lucky to have a great mom, who support me no matter what.
    And I love her with or without “rolls on her tummy”.
    Your post really touched my heart. Bless you, your sisters, and your mother!

U.K. Day 26

Rlw66 you are definitely not alone – I find fast days so much easier than NFDs – my control seems to fly out of the window!

Anyway today is my last fd of the week and everything is okay. Went to a meeting this morning and dutifully had my herbal tea bag whilst avoiding the cakes and biscuits rituals – now that I’ve told everyone no- one raises an eyebrow.

Coda – as a maths teacher I really admire your guts and determination – well done !

Quรฉbec, day 26

A FD for me today. I’m planning on having only liquids untill supper time.

Beautifull sun here, gardening will be very enjoyable.

Just finished reading your posts and I must say that I admire each and every one of you. We form such a great team ( a group is not always a team. We are one). Even if we just know ourselves virtually I feel real close to you all.

I am learning so much about life and about food through your words. Thank you for being there x

USA day 26: NFD. This is usually my FD but I still have a cold and am planning to do my FD tomorrow. I just needed my coffee with coconut oil this morning (and I don’t have that on FDs). I am not too hungry so staying below TDEE has been okay these past days. FD tomorrow then! And then a holiday weekend and my husband is off work! No special plans, but I may make a blueberry pie as a treat.
    I love that I can switch my FD around..this is my first time doing it. Will switch my Monday one to Tuesday as well (cause of the holiday). Excited for family time this weekend! Now if only this cold would GO!! Ergh.

Those of you disappointed: just keep getting back up. You can do it! Thinking of you today. (Hugs)

Pacific NW USA: Day 26 NFD

Let’s say, if the only thing I got out of trying 5:2 was finding this wonderful community of women – it would be a gift that couldn’t be measured! I am grateful for this mornings’ wise words, updates positive and difficult, and happenings from one and all and Edzeko, please feel free to journal with us anytime!

But let’s face it, some problems just momentarily loom larger and this “community” also solved today’s big conundrum of what to make for breakfast for my epicurean son and his wife – this morning onahealthyhigh provided the recipe for Shakshuka. Like many things, this dish had been mentioned before but it didn’t hit a chord till I needed it. I think that’s the way it is with many wise words and advise. If we are fortunate enough to have found reliable council and keep listening one day when we are ready it will be just what we need. So, whether it’s a good day or a challenging day I will keep on keeping on with help from you all! Thanks!

ROW – Do you know the song -I get knocked down but I get up again
    Maybe you should listen to it. We are only human.
    I read something somewhere recently that said 80 % of the time I’m normal -the rest -go figure! !!
    Today is an NFD for me but I am munching crisps as I write this!!!
    Work was awful today. As the saying goes: Sometimes you are the bird but there are other times when you are the statue.
    Today I was that statue!!
    Tomorrow and pastures new! !!
    Good luck everyone

It should have started with rlw66 sorry!!

USA 26 of 42
    FD I’ve started looking forward to fast days, WOW, never would have seen that coming!Having hot lemon water! yum
    Weigh in tomorrow or Saturday cant decide. Busy weekend!
    Stay mindful!

Shakshuka duly googled and added a bookmark to a recipe which I plan to try. Thank you for introducing and inspiring me to try a new recipe. Thank you for inspiring me full stop! Thank you for joining me on this journey of discovery. x

Isle of Wight – day ? 26 I think. Still on holiday.
    Managed a fast day Monday, but today’s went by the wayside! My son joined us overnight on the island so had a celebratory meal and the wine flowed! Doesn’t happen very often so don’t feel bad about it. I know I have gained, but my size 12’s are still comfortable.
    Congrats to everyone on sticking with it, and some posts are quite emotional. Just don’t give up. I went through times at the start when I could have thrown the towel in. I didn’t think I would ever be a size 12 and 9 stone again, but I’m here and determined to stay here. Just keep re-reading Dr M’s book. It’s amazing what you take out of it that you hadn’t seen before. It’s also important to stay within your TDEE on NFD’s. So try really hard to reduce the amount you eat. You can still eat ‘naughty’ foods, but make them a once a week treat, not an everyday must have! Good luck all! Onwards and downwards. TTL

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 2,344 total)

You must be logged in to reply.