31 days of July 2022 – One day at a time monthly challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
31 days of July 2022 – One day at a time monthly challenge

This topic contains 338 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 46 posts - 301 through 346 (of 346 total)

• 2nd Post – Day 27

@i-hate-lettuce – congrats on your 3rd Fasting Forum anniversary, & your success with this WOL. You really are an inspiration ๐Ÿฅ‡

Day 27 UK NFD

Bonjour ! Back from Paris .Will catch up on posts today , jumped on scales only a pound or 2 up, which Iโ€™d like to think will be gone by month end and then I really want to get down to business August and September

Day 27 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs (mostly bloat). I think I have been overdoing sugar and carbs on my NFDs again. I’m going to try and moderate that a bit more and maybe that’ll help with ending the plateau, too.

Anyone on board today?

Pocket list – day 27
    @northgeorgia

Day 27, FD, Scotland

De ja vu but im having the same meals today as Monday, sushi and omelette!

GRIT strenght class after work.

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – OMAD probably

I need to see how the day goes, so I’m not making an OMAD a promise to myself–after yesterday’s spot-on WF, I’m gentle on myself.

Oh dear, David: are you sure you don’t have covid? A raging sore throat was the first symptom for DH and me.

I’d love to chat more, and finish reading, but I overslept and must be out the door in 35 minutes, so hopefully I can chat more later.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 27 – FD 800

Accountability post & good wishes to you.

Day 27 – UK Cam – FD
    A rather impromptu FD today but realised I was out with the dog early and had not had any breakfast so thought ‘why not’ and it’s turned out just fine. DH was confused – he has got used to my FDs being Tuesday and Friday, this week Mon & Wed! We shared a ‘bottom of the fridge’ omlette tonight – all the left-over veggies plus 3 eggs. He had some chopped up potato and some rather sus’ ham on his half, I stuck with green beans and tomato. Shopping day tomorrow so will restock fridge.

David – agree with @stitchincarol, sounds a lot like Covid to me, I would take a quick test to make sure one way or t’other.

@brightonbelle – eagerly waiting to hear all about Paris – one of my fav. foreign cities. Fond memories of stumbling across a small market in one of the back streets and finding the most amazing fromagerie – eating runny brie with fresh baguette…

Spent this afternoon unpicking some quilting I did in haste – definitely not ‘quilt in the ditch’ more clamber up and down the bank and shout ‘look at me’ in cream cotton on black! Realised I have 6 quilts all needing finishing off before the next collection day – mostly pulling loose threads through and sewing them in (boring, boring) BUT that means with a bit of luck I can start a new project when I get back from Scotland. Meanwhile, I can use any ‘munchie’ time planning said project – after all, that’s what FDs are for, isn’t it? Getting some fun time instead of unnecessary face stuffing! Right, off now to press quilt and then try to stay ‘in the ditch’ before I go to bed. (for the non-quilters, don’t worry, I haven’t completely lost it)

Day 28, NFD, Aus

Argh it should be a FD but I have a workshop to attend with a working lunch and then Iโ€™m off on a short work trip which will involve dinner out with colleagues. I had thought Iโ€™d do a FD yesterday but I have a friend in crisis which involved a 2 hour lunch! Next weekโ€ฆ

Congratulations @daffodil2010!! How lovely!! Do you get called Gran? Is there a special Irish word for grandmothers?

And another anniversary to celebrate, well done @IHL!

Happy flying BooBoo. Hope she travels ok. Good luck on those final packing things and your own move, @funshipfreddie.

Looking fwd to hearing about your trip, @brightonbelle.

Hope your OH didnโ€™t have any negative reaction to his omelette, @gardenlily โ€“ suss ham would be handed over to the dogs in our household! Ooh, holiday in Scotland? Do tell!

Anyway, gotta run!

Day 28 โ€“ Thursdayโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ FUN DAY (FD)๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰

We’re on the home straight now, just days to go to tally up our efforts for “31 days of July 2022 โ€“ One day at a time monthly challenge”. How fast it goes! Tally-ho!๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด

Today is my last FUN DAY (FD) for the month and looking forward to some fresh veg on my plate today as last night’s galpal trivia dinner was again just awful.๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ There is a new chef at the Golf Club and she isn’t winning any medals! They’ve turned the menu into only Pizza, Pasta, Parmy (that is parmigiana chicken). Being coeliac that poses some issues for me but chef had GF crumbed chicken schnitzel ready for me and a couple of other GFers. Unfortunately, I don’t know which cookery school she attended, but she was absent on the day they covered schnitzel! It was the driest most unappetizing meal I’ve had in a very long time. Some of my galpals ordered the same (their’s non-GF)… and also cold when it came to the table, dry and had been cooked in the deep fryer! Awful! Served with soggy, mushy (yesterday’s?) over-dressed side salad.. yuk. The galpals who ordered the pasta or pizza were equally and totally underwhelmed … same complaints, tasteless, cold, slop. Are we being harsh? Well we’ve been giving the new chef some leeway to ‘settle in’ for the last 6/7 weeks but the food is just getting worse. It’s not just us as other tables are also complaining too. We’ve been going there every week for 20 years for our galpal meet-up. It’s a convenient location for everyone and we have ‘our table’ booked weekly. We like the informality of the place, well-lit carpark and it suits us. Yikes, how to handle this? If it was a normal restaurant or bistro you would just never go back. However, it is our meeting place and no-one wants an altercation. None of us want to ‘make waves’, least of all me as I’ve had more than my share of conflict this year and don’t need anymore. My solution next week is that I’ll eat before I go and not order a meal. Simple solution but disappointing indeed. ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜œ

@funshipfreddie… hope you’re feeling better today… what dreadful timing to get sick on the cusp of your move. Wish we could all lend a hand but, hey, we’re all with you in spirit!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Back to work, must make up for yesterday’s lost time due to power outage that didn’t!

cheerie dearies ๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜

๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ I.F. works WITH your brain instead of AGAINST it, so you donโ€™t even think about it anymore!
    ๐ŸŒŸYOU decide what makes you feel the healthiest. ๐ŸŒŸYOU get to choose the role food plays in your life. ๐ŸŒŸYOU become the captain of your own ship. ๐ŸŒŸYOU decide what a fulfilled life looks like AND YOU finally get to LIVE it. – Anonymous (ie some random website but resonates the point of I.F.๐Ÿ˜€)

Pocket list Thursday Day 28
    @linda.b

Day 28 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – CD

Weigh In: 164
    Would love to see under that number for motivation …….resolve and grind on.
    DH down almost 6lbs in 3 days, delighted with himself, I am so glad we are motivating each other.

For example, he sent me a WhatsApp yesterday having a wee moan about his tiny lunch and I sent encouragement back, then I had a not great day in work and ordinarily would have reached for some comfort food or (more likely) wine, but DH encouraged me to hang on and think of tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜„

Which is today! We are planning to have some bubbly to celebrate the anniversary and granddaughters birthday and finishing college, BUT there will be no celebration meal to go with, simply protein rich meal โ˜บ๏ธ

@penz I don’t know what I will be called in the Gran stakes. My other step Grandaughter started off calling me NaNa but as she has two grandmothers also who are called NaNa and Nanny, she now calls me by my name. I don’t mind at all. Delighted to have these girls in my life.

Hoping everyone is gearing up for the grand finale of July. Have a great day.

Day 28 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Usual Thursday FD today, @linda.b – Comments re IF WOL etc rather reflect my post yesterday, give 5:2 some time and be honest with yourself ๐Ÿ™‚

@daffodil2010 – nice to hear the mojo has really kicked in.

@funshipfreddie – take care buddy, won’t be long before you’re into your new place and settling in.

Take care all.

@linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 28 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@stitchincarol, @gardenlily & @linda.b – no, I’m sure it’s not Covid. It started as a chesty cough earlier in the week. Sore throat gone & I think I killed the rest of whatever it was last night with a vodka or 3 ๐Ÿ˜… Flu season here & everyone seems to be getting it. Whatever it is, I still have to be out of here – tomorrow?! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I’m not panicking. Really…

@penz, & @i-hate-lettuce – Boo Boo survived the flight & is now safely in her new, temporary home. Carol, who’s taking care of her sent me a picture this morning. Phew?!

Okay, must dash..

Day 28 UK FD800

Getting back to normal but doing a gentle 800 FD today and will get back to 2 <500 FDs next week

@gardenlily @penz Iโ€™m happy to report Paris was looking nicer than ever in the 3 years since we were last there theyโ€™ve installed a lot of cycle lanes and pedestrianised a lot of areas so much more pleasant for strolling round and you donโ€™t have those pesky scooters coming at you from every direction ๐Ÿ›ดand with the 24 olympics looming they are doing lots of restoration work so will be even more amazing. Iโ€™m not going to mention cheese, profiteroles and wine – a trip away is always going to include sampling the local delicacies for me , but I managed some self control

@stitchincarol We weโ€™re there waving them in ๐Ÿšดโ€โ™€๏ธ and what a coincidence we had pre booked for the musee dorsay and they have a great Van Gogh display . I always wondered how you managed such detailed posts – I ditched the PC years ago so have to use my phone , which for most things is fine but a long post is challenging

@funshipfreddie good to hear BooBoo is happy , my wordle reset for some reason when I was in France so I lost my 75 game streak good job I only do it for fun ๐Ÿคฌ

Right , think Iโ€™m all caught up ready to end the month on a high ๐Ÿ’ช

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 212 lbs. The evening business dinner was cancelled today, so just a regular NFD. Yay! Would do OMAD, but I fear psychologically I would overindulge on Friday, which I’m taking off. So I’ll just be mindful today instead with a regular day at work. Some stressors coming up today and next week, but will find ways to deal with them that do not involve several pounds of sugar. LOL

Day 28 โ€“ Thursdayโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ FUN DAY (FD)๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰ 2nd post

@mapti…. are you ok?
    Haven’t heard from you again since your reaction to the COVID vax…. ๐Ÿค”

@funshipfreddie… all the best for tomorrow!๐Ÿ™‚

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Yesterday’s OMAD wasn’t, but it was reasonable, so I’m good with that. It was a lovely day of a piano teacher workshop in the morning (wonderful, but I can’t think of a single detail to share that will be interesting for you all, LOL) and a quilting class where I learned to use a long-arm–a machine that puts in the quilting stitches. It was great fun, and now I’m qualified to go in and rent a machine to quilt my own quilts, a HUGE savings. For example: the baby quilt I did to learn on would cost me $13.50 since it took only about an hour; the place where I’ve been taking quilts charges a minimum of $45.00. A large bed quilt would cost me about $60 to do, but more like $150 or more to pay the place I’ve been going. So you can see the delight that I can now do it myself.

@gardenlily I hope you managed to stay in the ditch the second time around! And what in the world is “suss ham”???

@penz Sympathies on your uncooperative social calendar! Been there, done that, and find it equally frustrating.

@linda.b Such serious frustration those poorly cooked meals had to give you all! I’ve no words of wisdom for you this time…

@daffodil2010 Well done on swerving wine/food last night, and congratulations on that newest granddaughter! My daughter wanted some fun name for me, but I was really looking forward to “Grandma” so she taught her first to call me that…except it came out “Gaga” when the little one said it, so I’m happy and DD is happy. ๐Ÿฅฐ

@funshipfreddie Well, whatever it is, I echo @linda.b that I wish we could all pitch in and help you. It’ll get done, but it’s a lot of stress under any circumstance!

@brightonbelle Well, then, if you were there at the end waving them in, I’m going to believe I DID see you, and simply didn’t recognize you! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ And, yup, the ONLY way I do long posts is with my laptop: I have two tabs open and read on one (so I can read each post in order) and type on the other. Those of you who manage to post on your phones have my utmost respect! I even TEXT on my laptop when I’m home.

@linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol

Day 28 Ohio. US — MFD
    Days 26 and 27 — NFD

The last few days have been quite chaotic, but the MFD went well today. I’ll get caught up with everybody’s posts hopefully in the morrow! Good fasting to all the Thursday fasters!

Day 29 country west Australia NFD
    Where have the past 2 months gone ????๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Went on an unexpected holiday.
    Walked up to 10 kms every day, ate sensibly reduced grog intake – and came back 1 kg heavier than when I went away!!!
    Am reading a book about habits and how it is the plateau that often stops us from reaching our potential as we tend to quit when we hit a plateau , when a plateau often comes just before major progress.
    So after another plateau ( and busyness) the past few months am back up and about with 5:2.
    Day 28 FD which went really really well
    Day 27 CD
    Day 26 CD
    Day 25 NFD
    Day 24 NFD
    Very pleased to be back and posting and accountable. ๐Ÿ˜
    And pleased to say I have lost that pesky extra 1 kg.๐Ÿ˜‡
    Only 24 kgs to go ……..๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Day 29 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Weigh in: 164.4 Booo
    So I have some champers and weight back up by half a pound, DH has champers and loses half a pound. Sigh.

We ALL know that men’s metabolism is different, but us women of a certain age feel it more ๐Ÿ˜„

Good evening though. Today it’s controlled, nice tuna salad for lunch, grilled mackerel for dinner, and as we had champers last night it will be a dry Friday ๐Ÿ˜‡

Hey @lilymartin. Welcome back. I lost a whole month from end of June to almost end of this month so I know how you feel. Where does it go? Congrats on losing that pesky kg.

It’s bank Holiday weekend here. Yay. Not much planned as we are waiting to see when we can visit the new Grandaughter. Mother and baby came home yesterday so hopefully soon. We will have a night away somewhere in our camper too.

High Protein, Low Fat, no white carbs is the order of the next few weeks.
    Have a good one.

Day 29 โ€“ Fridayโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

Just a quick post…. just home after the day checking out resort…. tired, hungry and feeling just overwhelmed by it all…..

@lilymartin … lovely to have you back.. ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ
    @daffodil2010…. enjoy your baby visit… you must be ecstatic๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŽ€

Hope everyone’s day is going well and I’ll post gain tomorrow.

cheerie dearies

Everything is permitted but not everything is beneficial ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

Day 29 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. Pfft. Onwards to August…

GAH!

I always, always, always copy my post and hit Control+C “just in case” before I post, but this morning I didn’t…and, of course, it’s THIS morning that my post disappeared.

Gah, gah, gah!!!!!

Okay, give me a moment and I’ll start over.

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

I faced more temptations on yesterday’s WF than usual, but persevered, so all is good. Tonight I’m making salmon with a fresh blackberry ginger sauce, a Keto cauliflower casserole, and roasted green beans wrapped in bacon. There will be wine. I’ll allow myself just under 200 calories of cookies. Lunch will be a tomato sandwich and a peach. And that’s my out-loud promise to myself.

@lilymartin Good to have you back, and congratulations on dropping that kg and persevering with 5:2 despite the plateau!

@daffodil2010 Yeah, women burn so far fewer calories than men, it’s hard not to feel some resentment, huh? I remember back in the day when I felt so put upon because I “only” burned 2200 calories per day instead of the 2400-2600 I thought would make life so much easier. Now? My TDEE is 1350. That’s tough, and you have my complete sympathy! But on a fun note, I’ll bet you’re excited to meet and cuddle that new baby!

@linda.b That’s not your norm, to be so tired, hungry and overwhelmed. Is everything okay??

This is the first day all week that I’ll be home all day, and I have lots of tidying to do that’s accumulated. It won’t be fun to do, but it’ll sure be a lovely reward when it’s done, so I’m off to get started. Have a grand one, everyone!

(And you can be certain I hit Ctrl+C before hitting submit!!!)

Day 29 – Lake District UK – NFD

Late today, decided on an early morning fishing, really nice and peaceful, great idea.
    Scales, well just 1 pound over my maintenance weight, no worries there then!

Take care all

Day 29 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@linda.b & @stitchincarol – thank you. The word exhaustion doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel. I woke up at the ridiculously early time of 3 am. Looong story short, the furniture removal went well, & I finally remembered to eat at 2 pm. I’ve also clocked up 12,500 steps according to my Fitbit ๐Ÿ˜ Trying to unwind now in a guest house with a couple of glasses of Merlot. Planning a very early night & an early departure in the morning.

@lilymartin – welcome back!

@brightonbelle – nooo?! 75 days?! I mean, that’s brilliant, but to lose your streak for no reason?! I would’ve been furious. Sadly, I’m currently only up to a five day streak, but still proud of my 97% ๐Ÿ˜…

Happy Fri-yay! ๐Ÿท

@funshipfreddie

Be safe on the journey to the new place. Glad the furniture part of the move went well, and you got through that ordeal. Thinking good thoughts!

Day 30, NFD, Aus

Oh no, @linda.b, I feel for you. I also enjoy a regular trivia night out and I would be equally stuck if the food suddenly altered for the worse (my local does an excellent parmie!) I think you should let the Clubโ€™s management know (if they havenโ€™t worked it out themselves). Then again, with the employment market as it is, they may not be able to get a replacement chef for love nor money.

The numbers WILL drop @daffodil2010, but isnโ€™t it annoying that husbands seem to drop weight quicker than wives!

Thank you for letting me know about BooBoo, @funshipfreddie. I was actually thinking about her last night so itโ€™s nice to know sheโ€™s arrived safely! I hope she forgives you for the ordealโ€ฆ And good luck in finding your foreverhome.

Hello @lilymartin, and where was your unexpected holiday (I ask in envy and the anticipation of sharing in your experience!??! With all that walking, Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ve just built up a kilo in leg muscle.

@stitchincarol โ€“ I donโ€™t like fish but your meal of salmon with a fresh blackberry ginger sauce, a Keto cauliflower casserole, and roasted green beans wrapped in bacon sounds absolutely delish!

One more day folks!

Day 30 โ€“ Saturday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

@penz – You’ve hit the nail on the head, chefs are in such short supply in the hospitality labour market, so the Club really is stuck between a rock and a hard place. I will hold my resolve not to make waves and get sucked into the vortex of complaining. There are many others who are happy to do that. In the meantime I’ll just have a little whinge here and there…. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅด

@funshipfreddie… You’re done! You did it! You’ve survived the pack-up, enjoy the Merlot! Moving is such FUN…said no-one ever!๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿคช๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคช Hope your trip today is unadventurous๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

@stitchincarol… I just lost my equilibrium a little… It was long day of viewing no less than 6 houses and the most amazing 6 star lifestyle resort on the planet! And contemporaneously trying to absorb all the facts and (more importantly) figures bandied around all day. Arrived home after dark and just felt such relief walking into my own lovely home of 25 years, albeit without the attached 6 star resort and golf course, thinking this is so “my comfort zone”. However, sometimes in life we need to disrupt ourselves to move forward. I will be retiring in a few months and I need a change, I need a plan, I need to know what I want to do in retirement and where I want to be… and now financially I also need to do this on my own. Big stuff.. where’s the doona to hide under? Anyway, I’m done thinking about it for today (over-thinking) and giving myself a break from thinking about it all for the rest of the weekend.. ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜œ

Hope your weekend is full of sunshine and happiness everyone ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

cheerie dearies

โ€œSing like no oneโ€™s listening, love like youโ€™ve never been hurt, dance like nobodyโ€™s watching, and live like itโ€™s heaven on earth.โ€ Mark Twain

Day 30 โ€“ Saturday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž 2nd post
    Just finished prepping ready for August:
    All Aboard for Audacious August 2022โ€ฆ31 days, 1 day at a time challenge!

Hope you’ll all come on board for Monday 1st August. What’ve you got to lose? (that’s an awful pun indeed!)๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

@at … wondering if you are around???? … you are our spreadsheet wizard!

@penz… thank you so much for hosting this month’s forum during July….. and congratulations on your success at Dry July….. WooHooo! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’
    See you here tomorrow everyone for the last day’s round-up and tally. ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿคฉ

Day 30 UK NFD

Interesting thoughts @lilymartin re habits/plateau I think I often set myself unrealistic short term goals and when I donโ€™t see results fall back into old habits , maybe Iโ€™m not giving it enough time Might re think for next month and concentrate on long term ???

Have a lovely weekend all See you for sign off tomorrow

Hi everyone – July has been a bust for me……in great need to find my MOJO that seems to have gone AWOL recently

Will be joining @linda.b in the Audacious August challenge and happy to say that I have been able to post the spreadsheet in the challenge for those who want to use it

Hope everyone has been keeping well and looking forward to catching up next month

โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

I stared at the screen for a long time before I typed “FD.” I’ve been working on persuading myself since Wednesday to fast today, but Saturdays are never an easy fast for me, so I’m still hesitant and terrified. But when I promise something to other people, I follow through on that promise, however reluctantly, so I’ll follow through with this promise to myself as well. “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.”

So here’s my plan: I’m making a new recipe: Black Bean and Mango Salad, and I’ll eat half of it (which is two servings) and share a peach with DH (it’s HUGE). No alcohol, no cookies, no anything else. No idea how many calories that will be, but the more important challenge today is to follow through on a promise to myself than to stick to a certain number of calories.

And the salmon with fresh blackberry ginger sauce last night was divine, as was the Keto cauliflower casserole; hopefully the memories of that meal combined with the yumminess of a new recipe will help get me through the day with reasonable ease.

@funshipfreddie Yup, and you’re so exhausted because it’s not only physically hard, but it’s emotionally hard, and combining the two absolutely drains a person. You’ll get through all this, get settled in, and then have the fun adventure of a new place to explore!

@penz DH liked the salmon recipe less than I did, saying he prefers one I make with a soy-based marinade, but we both liked it, and it was sure gorgeous on the plate! And you have my deep sympathies that you don’t like fish, one of life’s great treats as far as I’m concerned, LOL!

@linda.b Wow, when you add in the detail of also seeing 6 houses, no WONDER you were so overwhelmed! As you go through this process, I’ll just bet you’ll find yourself mentally returning to one or two places over and over in your mind, and that will help you make a final decision. But, yup, it’s physically and emotionally and mentally exhausting to go through the hunting.

@brightonbelle You said out loud exactly the reason I never set goals for how much weight I’ll lose. The thing is, you can absolutely guarantee what does and what does not go into your mouth, right? Can you absolutely guarantee the scale will respond exactly the way you’re anticipating? No. No, no, and no, you cannot. Thus, I never set goals for how much weight I’ll lose; my goal is to control my eating, the only thing I actually can control. I have hopes what the result will be, but my feeling of success is never tied to what the scale does but only to my behavior choices.

@at Climb on board the wagon, and we’ll all do our best to tie you down and keep you there (here?). I’m VERY familiar with losing mojo, but know with certainty that I’ll never find it away from the forum. I can perhaps maintain it away from the forum, but find it? Nope. So a huge WELCOME BACK!

@penz Thanks so much for hosting July; you did a stellar job of it!

@linda.b Thanks so much for hosting August; I’m sure you’ll also do a stellar job of it!

I may manage to post tomorrow, but we have a county fair to attend ๐Ÿ˜œ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ so who knows. I’ll see you all in August!

Day 30, second post

Just saw a great quote: “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” –William James

Each of us has some stress going on, some of which we all know, some of which people are keeping to themselves. But this relates to 5:2 as well: instead of me dreading a FD today, instead of me thinking “Ugh. I weigh too much, my pants are too tight, so I have to truly limit what I eat today so it’s a FD, and that simply doesn’t feel fair; there are things I want to enjoy, but can’t!” I should instead be thinking “Nice. I used to have to diet every single day to have a chance of losing weight, but now I’ve discovered the ease of 5:2. And usually over a weekend, I eat too much and feel awful for all that food inside me, even though I actually know better. So today, I’m being good to myself, and while I may want additional food, I’ll feel SO GOOD tomorrow for having fasted today. Good, good choice, self!”

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. ZBC ending, and the plateau continues. I think I am overdoing carbs. I know I haven’t eaten an egg for weeks on end, maybe even this whole month! I need to sit down and revisit the basic principles and think about my NFD approaches next month. A plateau is great as opposed to skyrocketing upward each month! But ready to head downwards again. Have a super weekend!

Day 30 USA (Illinois) NFD

Staying at maintenance with occasional FD but several OMAD’s as well. Not easy, but doable. Sorry I have had so many other activities that I have not been much of a friend and commenter here. Still try to read the postings when I can, and please know this system works!

On to August!

Onward and downward.

3rd post

weird.

I always get the messages delivered to my email inbox as well so that if I’m stuck on my phone–where I have email–I can at least read if I don’t post/reply.

Just now, I was surprised to find @gardenlily ‘s post in my email. And despite refreshing this page on the website multiple times, it’s still not here. How could it come to me via email but not be on the forum itself?? Anyone else see it??

Day 30 – 16:8

It has been a week of some intense emotional stress, and I had an interesting thought. The number on the scale and emotional stress have a definitive correlation for me. That number may be up OR down, but definitely outside the norm – even when my eating/ exercising behavior doesnโ€™t change. I have noticed this correlation a number of times this past year, and now in a pretty stable maintenance scale reading it is even more notable.

There is a whole lot more going in metabolism and the body than just what the CICO model predicts- at least there sure is for me.

No worries, the stresses have been (mostly) handled, the number on the scale will return to the expected one soon, if past experience is a guide. But it does give me thought.

I hope all have a good weekend.

Final day, NFD, Aus

Thank you all for taking it one day at a time with me in July.

Some of you are already doing this, but the last of the month is a good opportunity to reflect on what went well for you and what you can work on in August. I think @stitchincarol‘s 2nd post was great – recasting one’s inner monologue into positive encouragement is more effective than all that negative self-talk.

See you all in August!

Day 31 โ€“ Sunday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

Wow… here I am running across the finish line for July…. woohoooooo! I did it! I maintained for the entire month. If I hadn’t been here at the Forum I don’t think that would have happened….. I really do get so much support from you all…. thank you so much one and all! It really does work! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

I’ve said this before but worth repeating – the best thing about our little meeting place here is that we are not boring our friends and colleagues with our chat about our little wins and losses. We know that everyone here on the Forum understands totally and supports us 100% as we make our way through our trials and tribulations.

@at – glad to see you pop up again… thanks so much for the spreadsheet too… I was hoping you were still around for it๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ

@penz – thanks again for hosting July….. did you see the Aussies in the pool at Birmingham?๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜ Well here’s a gold medal for you too ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅ‡

Thanks for your encouragement, last sign off for July.. see you all in August ie All Aboard for Audacious August 2022โ€ฆ31 days, 1 day at a time challenge!

cheerie dearies

If the plan doesnโ€™t work, change the plan, but never change the goal๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Day 31 -UK Cam – NFD
    Last two day’s posts have vanished just after I posted them – weird. No idea why @stitchincarol got them in her email! Even weirder …
    To recap on July – started at 149, weighed in on this Friday at 145.5 so a huge success. Within 1/2 lb of my July target. For me, it does help to have a target so I don’t ‘see-saw’ with weight loss/gain (lose a pound, feel overjoyed, gain a pound). I know the dragon is always lurking in the background, especially at night, and if I get complacent (like Friday evening) I can do an EFS without even realising what I am doing ๐Ÿ™

Getting ready for long train journey tomorrow (nothing as stressful at @funshipfreddie) leaving home at 9.30 am and arriving at tiny wee station on the road to Mallaig, Western Highlands at 11 pm. 3 trains, 2 changes and a lot of book reading/listening and puzzle books to while away the time. Then I repeat the whole process in reverse on Friday. BUT I do get to spend 3 days on the West Coast with my daughter and family in my own holiday cottage. DH is planning a week of relaxing without my chivvying him about and I took someone’s advice from the forum and bought him a selection of ready meals so he doesn’t have to do much to eat well.

@penz – thanks for hosting July – I have been inspired to keep on track and
    @linda.b – I will be with you all in August, although not sure I can post when in Scotland – intermittant internet and no phone signal.

Hope you are all geared up and ready to roar through August on the downward slope. I’ll catch up with you all next weekend.

Day 31 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Commonwealth Games, stunning Rugby 7’s great watch!

Thanks @penz for hosting July, another steady month for me, hope others had their own successes.

Take care all

Day 31 – UK – CD

Thanks to @penz for hosting July – many apologies for my absence but I fell off the wagon big time and have been trying to get back on this past week ready for a good August Challenge ๐Ÿคž

Weather looks much nicer today so out for a wander and @i-hate-lettuce am also looking forward to more of the Rugby Seven

See you all tomorrow for a fresh start in the August Challenge

Day 31-No. VA USA – FD
    Had a delayed birthday celebration lunch with family yesterday. slow cooker cochinita pibil served in blue corn tortillas which my son made. Pickled red onions on top–and some patatas bravas from recipe of Jose Andres. Did not over eat. Maybe one too many adult seltzer drinks. A little ice cream for dessert.
    Now back to business. Success to everyone for August!

Day 31 UK NFD

Thanks for hosting @penz๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’

July hasnโ€™t been a great month for me but determined to do better in August with @linda.b ๐Ÿ’ช

Day 31 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Well, again I missed my goal weight for the month of 206 (my goal since April). Didn’t even get a “goose-egg” weigh-in this month, unless I count my lowest weight of 210. So, July wasn’t successful.

Still, I’m happy after my family went out to our “once or twice a year” favorite southern all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant trip last night to only be a pound or so heavier today. And I’m only about 3 or 4 lbs above to where I want to shift, and that is doable in a month. Great day to fast and reset for August.

Trying to take stock of historical data. I hit a slight gain and plateau last summer too, after I seemed unable to recover from the week of 5:2-free vacation time. By Fall, I started to practice Fung principles and it helped quite a bitin conjunction to switching to water fasting on my FDs. I eventually started doing B2B WFDs, which helped…for a while. By spring of this year, I was stalled again, then slowly gained a little back. I decided B2B WFDs psychologically made me want to eat a lot more on my NFDs. So, I stopped the B2B WFDs. Switching to occasional OMAD lunches between FDs seemed to help, but I kept getting interrupted by professional meeting meals (I have another on Wednesday). Weight ranges between the high weight and low weight each month have stabilized at levels not seen in more than six months, which means I may be preparing for a whoosh, if I do the right things in the coming weeks.

But there is a lot to do. I don’t have cola, cereal, chips, and cookies at home, but I have been drinking soft drinks with meals out a lot more. I think restricting that will help. I don’t know the last time I ate an egg, and I used to eat nearly half a dozen a week. Eggs are a great quick source of protein to help keep me satisfied, and I’m just not taking advantage. I guess the sudden influx of vegetables from the garden in early summer made me run away from some of the traditional things I had been eating for a while, including (ironically) a diversity of fruits and vegetables, and thus I gave up on salads and soups. I’ve started eating romaine lettuce leaves in the past couple of weeks to remind myself of how refreshing some vegetables can be, now that the garden is slowing production. Hoping to get back into some simple low-calorie salads soon and keep that up through the fall.

I’ll continue to experiment with some off-day NFDs being TRE or OMAD days that end by 2 or 3 p.m. For some reason, I do seem to lose a little weight on OMAD lunch days, but never on OMAD supper days. So, I’ll try to follow my body’s lead on this a bit more.

“Reset” — see you in August!

Pocket list – day 31
    @excelsior12309
    @northgeorgia

Day 31 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

As so often happens, life has changed, LOL. Turns out the county fair was going to be closing down by the time we could get there today, so we went last night. And I had to bake a dessert yesterday for fellowship after church this morning, and I hadn’t remembered that. And I missed having a funnel cake on the Fourth, so absolutely had to have a funnel cake at the fair. So the FD yesterday was good, except for the funnel cake, and the scrape-the-lemon-custard-off-the-knife nibbles when I was cutting the lemon bars into servings, LOL. But, no beer, no wine, and weight this morning was 150.4, so I felt okay with yesterday. Now we’re skipping brunch and headed to Omaha shortly to take in my laptop for a repair for the speaker; we’ll go out to eat while there. Can’t do too much damage with one meal out, can I???

I need to do some serious thinking about strategy for August. I’m still finding my WFD on Tuesday and Thursday easy since I’m busy teaching piano lessons. The struggle is what to do with Monday, my traditional FD, and how to NOT pick up steam over the weekend, eating more and more each day until I arrive at Tuesday morning needing to fast simply to make up for EFS over the weekend.

I also need to exercise.

So, I’ll think about it all, come up with a plan, and make myself some promises.

@penz, you’ve been great, and I’ve treasured your attention, your questions, your focus, and your success with Dry July! Well, well done, my friend.

See you all in August!

Viewing 46 posts - 301 through 346 (of 346 total)

You must be logged in to reply.