31 days of July 2022 – One day at a time monthly challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
31 days of July 2022 – One day at a time monthly challenge

This topic contains 338 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 346 total)

• Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Yesterday at the “Beyond Van Gogh” exhibit was simply amazing. At $40, the tickets seemed expensive, but now they feel worth every penny. It was an immersive experience that I won’t soon forget.

Dinner afterward was also wonderful, not overly indulgent, but detrimental to the scale: I’m up a bit over two pounds. And this afternoon I head to another town to help set up for a convention that begins tomorrow morning and lasts until Saturday late afternoon, so eating will be whatever is on their menu; the best I can control is whether or not I drink any or much. I’ll report when I get back. ๐Ÿ˜œ

@mariaelena I shook my head in amazement when I read your comments about steamed veggies. I love steamed veggies. I mean, LOVE them. I’ve been known to buy broccoli–even though I already had veggies in the fridge–so I could steam it because I was CRAVING it. This is why it takes so many variations of the plan to succeed, because we’re all so different.

@penz I hope this new awareness on your part helps with the hangry attacks!

@linda.b Interesting explanation about gout, and such a horrible experience you had!

@daffodil2010 Great experiences you’ve had with family; those are the best memories to be had, aren’t they?

@i-hate-lettuce I actually have rather small hands, but I also can’t comprehend how people are willing to post using their phones: give me my laptop any day. I even have texting on my laptop, so I can actually type.

@ccco OOOPS, indeed! But I’m sure you’ll get it off promptly!

Okay, I should be out the door in ten minutes and am not even dressed, so must scoot. Have a grand several, everyone, and I’ll be back in a few days.

Day 21 – 16:8

Fast day yesterday went well. I have 1/2 a salad left to finish up today for lunch – filled to the brim with chicken breast, nuts and seeds for protein and plenty of greens and tomatoes for fiber.

A good day to all. The temp is expected only to reach 101ยฐ (38C) and after the last four days that is practically a cold snap. 101ยฐ is not unusual for summers here, in the past we would see a number of summer days that temp but I sure never thought Iโ€™d be gratefully thinking how cool that temp is.

Keeping a very close eye on that hydration in this weather, you can be sure!

I have an outdoor wedding to attend in early September and dug into the closet to see if I had a suitable casual dressy frock for the occasion and found a dress I picked up at goodwill- it must be a few years ago. It was far in the back, sharing a hanger with a jacket and I had totally forgotten about it. I was surprised how good it looked – a โ€˜fishtailโ€™ style skirt is flattering on me at this weight – so much more so than I would have thought. I tried a few other more dressy outfits that have been going unworn since quarantine – and they all are indeed too large, but look smart with belts, so that is good. Belts are my friends! They save me from having to spend money and time getting new clothing that fit more appropriately. Even oversized T- shirts can be cute with the right belt. Iโ€™m sure it helps that I have never been one to chase fashion, opting for simple items that make me look tidy and well put together- so mostly along pretty classic lines.

My lap kitty wants me to stop moving and cleaning and sit here with me, lol he is such a lazy love. DH and I splurged on a video game purchase this week, called โ€œStrayโ€. One plays as a stray cat trying to get home. This article about the game is certainly true in my householdโ€” https://mashable.com/article/cats-watching-stray-game-twitter Even this lazy lap kitty was entranced and abandoned my lap for a closer look yesterday.

Warm wishes to all todayโ€™s pocketlist folk!

Day 21 – UK Cam – NFD
    Cooler weather at last – time now to see what has survived in the garden and what has been frazzled.

Been catching up on all the posts from last couple of days. Everyone seems to have such busy, full lives! Not much to report from this end, went shopping at local farm shop – they have their own butchery dept (really is a working farm, complete with deer) and stocked up on loads of goodies – steak, homemade sausage, pies and some scrummy pork & apple burgers (patties to the USA folk). All freshly made, locally sourced and delicious. We don’t eat a lot of meat but now we have a well-stocked freezer with loads of ‘go-to’ quick meals. Avoided their inhouse cafe & steakhouse – their ‘King Henry breakfast’ is amazing but I guess would go off the calorie counter completely and even the ‘Elizabethan’ (vegan choice) is not very kind to the diet. A once a year treat, on a cold frosty morning perhaps!
    Had a good couple of NFDs trying to eat sensibly, on Granny duty tomorrow but going to try for an 800FD as I know I will have to share lunch with grand-dau and family. Supposed to be getting items ready for local show on Saturday but this heat wave has totally ruined my flowers and veggies, feel a bit disheartened – should I bother to bake loads of bread and cakes?

Well done @goal10kg – brilliant work.

@northgeorgia – I sympathize with you – celebrations and buffet counters are a minefield. Social grazing – nearly as bad as social drinking! I’ve not tried a WFD, don’t think I could manage it (yet), but will keep it up my sleeve, so to speak, for when I get desperate!

@stitchincarol – great work, I have a weigh in tomorrow, will report back and see if I can match you! Found an old school report from 1963 when my weight was 153lb – my starting weight on this journey – I don’t think I have been much under 150lb for the past 60 odd years – usual ups and downs. Started to believe the old story – your body chooses it’s comfortable weight and you will stay there, regardless. Hmmmm – NOT TRUE – I choose my weight and will work towards my goal. How’s that for determination?

Off to bed now, can hear the local rock festival in background – it’s only 5 miles away … I pity the folk living in the adjacent villages.

Day 22, NFD, Aus

PFDS!! ๏Š AND the scales seemed to indicate a 1.5kg loss in the last fortnight. Of course, I wanted more, but I am happy with the downward movement. I also need to replace the batteries in the scales as it flashed โ€œLoโ€ at me and I donโ€™t think that was in reference to my weight.

Yes, do get back into your old routine, @daffodil2010! Itโ€™s nice to read of your news every day . So heartening to read of your family reunions esp that of your DH. Certianly seems like everyone is making up for lost time โ€“ yet at the same time, it seems as if thereโ€™s been no temporal break in their relationship at all (if that makes sense).

Woohoo, @goalk10kg! Huge mile stone to achieve indeed! (or should I say, a smaller milestone?)

Envious, @stitchincarol โ€“ we had the Van Gogh exhibition here a while back and I balked at the cost of the tickets and didnโ€™t go. I listened to the reviews too late to hear it was well worth the price and I regret not going.

Yay for rediscovering gems in your wardrobe, @mariaelena โ€“ Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll look stunning.

Hang on to that determination @gardenlily! ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 22 โ€“ Friday -Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)โ˜‚โ˜”โ˜”โ˜”โ˜”๐Ÿ’ง

So we’re back to rain and flooding again in some parts…. Like Groundhog Day over ‘n over again. But taking the day off work regardless and investigating, with a friend,
    the latest resort development .. despite the rain! It’ll be mud.. ha ha!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

@goal10kg … you’ve got this… ๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””….. your hard work is paying dividends… go gal! ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†

@stitchincarol… re โ€œBeyond Van Goghโ€ exhibit… we had that here in January at our nearest big city, Brisbane. A galpal and I went and had the best day including a lovely lunch at a riverside Italian restaurant afterwards. The exhibition was, as you said, simple amazing. My only regret for the day is I didn’t buy the teatowel! My galpal did and I cringe with envy every time I visit her house and see it hanging gaily in the kitchen. Oh dear, oh dear the pain of regret!

@gardenlily … love your determination ie “I choose my weight and will work towards my goal.” ie telling our excess weight not to mess with me!!! ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ

Running late now, gotta go..

cheerie dearies

Itโ€™s time to replace what you were doing with what works. Not because of the guilt, the shame, or the regret. Do it because you deserve better than to live a life that brings you pain. You deserve joy. You deserve happiness. You deserve peace. Donโ€™t ignore yourself any longer!๐Ÿ™

Day 21 Ohio, US — MFD

The fasting has gone well today, until this evening, when some allergies have hit me. Not totally unexpected. Since Monday’s MFD, the NFD’s have stayed on track. So that’s good news for the week so far. Got half an hour on my elliptical in, since it was too warm for walking today.

@mariaelena 101 degrees cool?! Reminds me of a friend who spent time in Sahara Africa. He said that when it dropped down to 95 F, people would burn huge bonfires to keep warm. I must admit that even when the nighttime temperature here drops below 65F, there’s no way I’ll turn on the heat!

@goal10kg Congrats on passing the milestone! Hope the curry was great!

@daffodil2010 I too like breakfasts! On my MFD, I usually have one wasa crispbread with 6 gm of nut butter on it and a layer of veggies. That, along with a half cup of skim milk, comes to around 120 calories. It makes a great start to the day and then makes fasting so much easier for me to follow for the rest of the day.

Pocket List โ€“ Thursday 21st July
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @ccco
    @matpi

Day 22 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

It’s Friday! Going out tonight with my two gal pals for an Italian cheap and cheerful meal with oodles of red wine. Looking forward to the catch up, then REALLY looking forward to relaxing for the remainder of the weekend with not much else to do but food shopping. ๐Ÿ˜€

It’s good to be back in the routine @penz, and yay you for a Dry July. If you can do it, I can do it…..but it could be a while hence ๐Ÿ˜† Dry till Fri is best I can do so far ๐Ÿท

@matpi, yes, I was thinking of small breakfast at around 100 or so cals, a boiled egg and a slice of ham is 110 cals and sure fills me up, a small bowl of Oatbran made with water and a smidge of nutmeg is also low. My brain is starting to wheer with thoughts so will write out a plan for next week starting Monday. I am afraid I was feeling deprived not having a breakfast, but mindfulness is key.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 22 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@penz – PFDS for me too! You comment re your ‘lo’ battery made me LOL ๐Ÿ˜…

Trying a new place for lunch today – the Mundo Vida restaurant in Umdloti, about 20 kms away. “Enjoy trendy contemporary dining on an idyllic deck, perched above the Indian Ocean – the perfect place to kick back, relax and enjoy delicious seafood and bistro fare”. Sounds tempting; & expensive ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Happy Fri-yay! ๐Ÿท

Day 22 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Back online with the PC as opposed to mobile ‘phone! Like most people these days household admin (banking etc) is done online, so when the PC monitor failed (it was 12 years old) we were a little bit in limbo until the replacement arrived yesterday afternoon. So easy to set up as well, literally ‘plug and play’.

Keeping in the routine with 5:2 and an easy FD yesterday and the weekly leap onto the scales have me 1lb up on my maintenance weight, so no worries there.

After the unusually high temperatures, a decent amount of rain again for the second night running and it’s quite cool this morning. End of 3rd week already, this month is flying by.

Had a look in at the Ospreys, youngsters are staying fairly close to the nest still, but a lot of regular sightings, adults running a delivery service to the nest where youngsters are doing very well.

Take care all

Day 22 โ€“ Friday -Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)โ˜‚โ˜”โ˜”โ˜”โ˜”๐Ÿ’ง – 2nd post

Hi @penz โ€“ we crossed posted this morning so missed your PFDS 1.5kg loss. Fantastic!!! You’ve certainly earned a ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†….. for all your FDs and AF efforts as well! Go girl! You are doing it! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ Persistence always pays dividends!

Just home after day out looking at two lifestyle resorts… I’m exhausted! So much to think about. Liked the one with the golf clubhouse deck overlooking the lovely green golf course and walking/cycling tracks. Going back to it next Friday as saleslady was double booked and wasn’t able to actually take us through the resort to see the other facilities and homes. However, we had lunch in the golf club and met up with a couple who live there. They were very chatty and able to give us a run-down on the resort. They loved it. They were similar age and interests so it was good to chat with them. Sales people (as nice as they always are) do have their own agenda so good to talk with people who actually live there.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

cheerie dearies

Day 22, CD, Scotland

So what is a CD, i only heard about a CD here, when i see you peeps writing it. For me a CD is going to be a lunch and a dinner, no snacks and no alcohol. So that is the plan for today. And body step after work. Have a good day and weekend and I will catch you all on Monday.

Day 22 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 211 lbs. Next FD will be Sunday. No big losses, but no big gains either this week. A plateau is a win. Time to start strategizing for August!

USA. Day 22. FD

Another FD!

Pocket List Day 22
    @ccco

Day 22 – 16:8 CD

All well here, today a relatively โ€˜coolโ€™ high of 103ยฐ predicted.

My own take on tuna salad on the menu today substituting avocado (For the typical mayo) and water chestnuts (for the typical celery).

Unsure what the weekend plans are, it is too hot for many of our projects we have been contemplating or working on.

@goal10kg to me, a CD (control day) is a day I am mindful of my food intake in regards to calories and healthy intake. So a regular day. I try to keep days with indulgences limited to vacations, special occasions and unless it is a vacation no more than one a week. I TRY, but donโ€™t always succeed.

@linda.b Iโ€™m glad you have the opportunity to do your research with actual residents before committing!

@funshipfreddie I love that term: fri-yay! Enjoy yourself at the new restaurant!

@Ihatelettuce Glad plug and play worked seamlessly. I remember the days of SCSI (โ€œscuziโ€) chain voodoo where changing one item connected to a computer could take days of fiddling and reordering to get things working. NOT the โ€˜good old daysโ€™ for sure.

@matpi Yes, unfortunately after this past week 101ยฐ – 103ยฐ feels relatively cooler. But, lol, no thank you on a 95ยฐ bonfire. Got to be at most 85ยฐ for that! (Just kidding ๐Ÿ˜€)Honestly, we try not to turn on the heat until the nighttime temps hit the 50โ€™s. Our house is very comfortable in the ever shrinking autumn and spring weather without air conditioning/heating. I feel you on the allergies, mine have been bothersome all summer. Good news on staying the course this week!

@penz good on you for the loss, and lol, yes, it would be nice if that โ€œLoโ€ stood for a โ€œnice job on the weightโ€ encouragement from the scale!

@stitchincarol Re steamed veg: yes it certainly takes all types! Iโ€™d hate to be a nutritionist trying to advise someone with everyone likening and being sensitive to different things! The beyond Van Gogh exhibit sounds wonderful, so glad you had the opportunity to enjoy it!

Ok, the day awaits and my coffee cup is empty so Iโ€™m off!

Have a good Fri-yay and weekend, all.

Day 22 – UK Cam – FD / NFD!
    Best news first – weigh in this morning was 147lb – YES, another pound off. Thank you everyone for your continued support and encouragement. @stitchincarol – we are definitely sliding down the scale together!

Now for the less good news – Today was planned as a 800FD BUT life got in the way (as it tends to do occasionally) and although I was well on track with very light breakfast AND refused freshly baked chocolate cake (with buttons!!) when GD arrived, it all went pear shaped at lunchtime when had to take GD home suddenly (anxiety crisis) and was given a plate of pizza, and not just any old pizza but a gooey in the middle, crispy base and stuffed crust pizza for lunch when I arrived. OK, I gave in BUT turned down icecream later and had small piece of fish for supper so not all lost. Will opt now for a CD tomorrow and Sunday and then FD on Monday. No point trying to fast at weekends especially as I am visiting my friend in hospital and helping with the garden show.

@linda.b – the retirement resort sounds amazing. Good idea to check out with residents for the low-down on what is really like. Meanwhile, send us some of your rain, please! Everywhere is crispy brown, and it’s still only July.

Feeling very tired after stressful day so off to bed with good book – suddenly realised it’s book group meeting next week and am only half way thru’ the book, need to get page-turning. At least it is reasonably good whodunnit. Have a good weekend everyone!

Day 22 Ohio, US — NFD

The morning’s weigh-in showed the same weight as last week, so it looks as though I’m on something of a plateau. My stomach’s been upset all day, so I cut short my walk. I’m not sure what’s upset the system. The only thing I can think of is that for breakfast I tried a new gluten-free recipe, but there really wasn’t anything in it that should have caused an upset. With any luck all will be resolved by tomorrow morning.

@gardenlily What book is your group reading? I always love a good mystery!

@mariaelena Your idea of water chestnuts in place of celery sounds nice. I almost never buy celery, since around here it’s only sold in bags, and I’ve never been able to eat it before most of it has gone bad.

@funshipfreddie Being that close to an ocean sounds terrific! The only thing missing where I live is having an ocean near by — and I miss it! Hope the bistro fare was tasty!

Day 1

Hi everyone,
    Today is the first day I found the forum and I’m pretty happy.

I’m starting with IF.

My goal is to lose 50 lb, I’m tired of borderline obese overweight,..

Aiming for success! wish everyone success and thanks for the forum and support.

Day 23 โ€“ Saturday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)

@gardenlily ….Clouds lifted and sun peeking through, rain stopped, everything muddy so have now sent rain on the way to you as requested….. but would like to send the gale force winds as well ๐ŸŒฌ๐ŸŒฌ๐ŸŒฌ๐ŸŒฌ apparently they won’t leave for another day.

There is a “Splendour in the Grass” three day music festival event just south of here, now renamed “Splendour in the Mud”…have a look: https://www.9news.com.au/national/weather-forecast-australia-rain-splendour-in-the-grass-festival-updates/a623154f-c2da-4145-9486-032643a90280

Got to feel sorry for the organisers and patrons as was cancelled last two years because of COVID and now this! Poor sods!๐Ÿ˜–โ˜น๐Ÿ˜– Still going ahead though!

After all the rain we’ve endured this year, it’s genuinely difficult to remember the drought and water shortages just a few years ago.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

@debi50.. Hi and welcome… you’re in the right place here with a great bunch of fellow travellers for support. To really feel like part of the bunch here, have a look at the top of everyone’s posts for the posting protocol ie mine today is: Day 23 โ€“ Saturday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)… that’s how we start our posts because we come from many countries and time zones… so this way it keeps our posts in context with the calendar and what we’re individually doing. In my case, today I’m doing NFD which is a Non Fasting Day, another day I might do something else eg FD (Fast Day). Also just quickly go to page one (1) of this chapter and you’ll find a very helpful list, ie ABBREVIATION LIST โ€“ useful for those new to the monthly challenges showing Common abbreviations used throughout this challenge and added to on an ongoing basis.
    It helps to interpret the language in Intermittent Fasting land!
    There are no rules and you can post and share as much or as little as you like. Some people post every day, whilst others drop by whenever they feel the need. You are welcome here.

Enough from me ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿคฉ

cheerie dearies

Many of lifeโ€™s failures are experienced by people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up – Edison (THAT’S NOT US FOLKS!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‚)

Day 23 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@debi50 – welcome!

@matpi – I love being near the ocean. I’ve been living by – & even on – the sea for over 20 years now, & I’d hate to go back to living inland.

@mariaelena – lunch was long & leisurely, over 2 hours! The prices were a bit eye-popping. But then we found the lunch specials which also included a free drink. There are so many restaurants in the area, & all competing for lunchtime diners, so nearly all of them are offering specials. It was entertaining seeing people splashing in the sea in mid-winter. You just know they have to be from a province in the north where it’s a lot cooler ๐Ÿ˜…

@goal10kg – from the list of abbreviations on page 1 – CFD/CD โ€“ Controlled Fast Day (a FD below your goal weight TDEE, whatever that is!!!)

Have a good weekend everyone ๐ŸŒค ๐ŸŒˆ

Day 23 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. July has been a plateau month, but in a way that is more indicative of a true plateau of very little change week to week (as opposed to one that is averaged out through loss and then huge regains). The stability somehow encourages me that my body is acknowledging my new weight level and is ready to take a step downwards in the near future. In one way, I’m disappointed with my progress so far this year, but on the other hand, I have learned to be patient and keep with it, and if I show dedication and effort, my body will be ready to drop a few more pounds. I’ll revisit the Fung principles and keep on keeping on.

Day 23 UK Cam – NFD
    Just checking in, busy day with Garden Show stewarding and visiting best friend in hospital. Miles and miles of corridors and uncomfortable visiting chairs! Took her some lime cordial, fizzy spring water and a large bag of M&Ms – they don’t melt in the bag!
    @debi50 – welcome to the group. This IF really works – I’ve only been doing it for 6 weeks or so and lost 6 lb – my tip for your FDs (fast days) is to keep busy and make sure you have planned/prepared your meals in advance so you don’t have to rummage in cupboards.
    @linda.b – I sympathize with your local concert people – we have a very noisy and not so secret Secret Garden Party down the road. No mud but tinder dry fields and woods all around so loads of restrictions on BBQs etc and a 30C day forecast for Sunday.
    @matpi – book for this month is ‘Missing, Presumed’ by Susie Steiner. It’s set in our local market town so the locations are familiar. Very readable. Our previous book was ‘Small Great Things’ by Jody Picoult – that did give us a good discussion!

I must confess being a NFD (rather than a CD as planned) I haven’t really given much thought to food, stuck to 3 careful meals with no snacks, but did indulge with glass of wine with dinner. Don’t want to undo all the hard work and success.

Off to finish my book and try to keep the ‘thump thump’ of the music festival at bay.

Day 24 โ€“ Sunday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Good morning everyone…. today the rain has gone, still a breeze but overall a lovely winter’s day! Only 5 more weeks and it’ll be spring, yay! In this part of the world the season’s are like turning on a light switch, so we know, that right on queue, the 1st September will bring in the best month of the year and SPRING! Warm balmy days with nights just a little cooler. Wonderful! (Always good to look for the bright side, hey? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚)

Today a housework, grocery shop day…. nothing bright about that…ho hum!

It is also NFD…. happy to not overindulge and stay on track. For accountability, my maintenance program for July is just trundling along perfectly and keeping my weight between 60 and 60.5. Today was 60.1 so very happy with that.

The challenge is to keep on my WOL (Way of Life) maintenance program, to not fall off the wagon and to also declutter all my ‘larger’size clothes…. which, as discussed previously, for me, is the hard bit!
    But today I’m just not thinking about it… manana.

Hope you all enjoy a lovely Sunday.

cheerie dearies

If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜‰

Day 24 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Very breezy morning so off out for a wander early on, give the chance for it to ease off a little and blow the clouds away. Then BBQ time I think, a nice roast chicken, I spatchcock it and lightly brush with flavoured oil and seasoning. While it’s ‘resting’ the veggies can go on the griddle, makes a really nice outdoor Sunday lunch. The leftover chicken tastes brilliant cold for the next day (or 2) meals ๐Ÿ˜‰

No need to miss out with this WOL

Take care all

Day 24 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

Weather not so appealing today. It’s cloudy & cool & we had rain during the night. First time since May, I think.

I need a distraction to get through the first few hours of my FD, so I think a brief visit to the casino is on the cards. No pun intended ๐Ÿ˜

I can’t wait for this week to be over. Despite feeling organised I’m still dreading my move to Port Elizabeth. But, ‘this too shall pass’, as a wise man once said.

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday!

Pocket List – Day 24 ๐Ÿ‹
    @funshipfreddie

Day 24-No. VA USA-FD
    Welcome @debi50!
    Fast day today. This month has been something of a slog. Getting on with it as best I can as far as the non fast days. I think my calorie counts are pretty accurate, but I wonder if the calculation for my age and activity level is a little too high. My excuse for the perpetual plateau.

Weather is super hot here, as it is world wide, it seems. Hoping for a break in the next day or two.

Joining @funshipfreddie on the pocket list!

@funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309

Day 24 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. I was naughty yesterday and people kept insisting I take food “while it’s hot.” Uff! Anyway, back on track today. July’s target won’t be met, but at least it’s been a plateau month instead of a month of gain.

Pocket List โ€“ Day 24 ๐Ÿ‹
    @funshipfreddie
    @excelsior12309
    @northgeorgia

Day 25, FD, Aus

Good morning all โ€“ sorry for not posting on the weekend. But looks like not many did! (Long gone are the days when there would be at least a pageโ€™s worth of posts per day of the monthโ€ฆ)

Sounds like a perfect Friday night @daffodil2010 but hope your head was ok the next morning after โ€˜oodlesโ€™ of red wine!

Are there other real estate developments you can look at @linda.b? From my casual look through real.estate.com (just dreaming) it seems more and more developments are being built around shared facilities, but without the price tag and characterisation as an โ€œOver 50sโ€ place.

Iโ€™ve not heard the term SCSI before @mariaelena but I certainly remember the pain of changing out tech pieces. Never knew it had a name.

Yay for you @gardenlily and your day 22 doesnโ€™t seem a bust at all โ€“ one piece of pizza does not undo a day.

So nice to see someone new joining us this month. Welcome @debi50!

I can feel a whoosh in your future @northgeorgia โ€“ August will be your month.

Well I better get on with my day. Lots of mess to unpick at work today โ€“ not a nice way to kick off the week. AND itโ€™s a grey foggy morning which is never good for my mood.

Day 25 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Morning all. Good weekend, great fun with the girls on Friday, super friendly Italian restaurant, when we asked for the wine list we were told we had two choices, red or white, ie they stock only one type of red and one of white! Well, the craic and the banter started from there, the staff were such fun, we had a fun evening. Then to the pub where unfortunately the only seats available were outdoors in the smoking section, so my throat was sore on Saturday from the second hand smoke.

Relaxing weekend after that, and today DH and I are starting on our new regime and will shift those pounds together. Not exactly fasting as such, not really calorie counting, but upping the protein, dropping the bad carbs, dry till Fri, and we are both determined to do this. Weigh in taken place, and will do so every morning. Excited to finally be back in THAT place and happy DH is onboard.

And excited to stay on here with you guys! The support is always great.

Today’s weight is the same, almost to the ounce, of where I have been for the past year. So I am looking forward to shifting it.

Weigh in: 166.6

Pocket list day 25
    @penz
    @ daffodil2010

Day 25 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Monday morning and the usual start to the week, FD.
    Feeling rather good, one of the things I was asked by medics to do was take regular BP readings. They have been rather good for some time now, so don’t need to take them as often, but keep an eye on them. Small changes sometimes make a difference, the only small change I’ve made recently is stop drinking coffee! I was only on 3 or 4 a day, but fancied a change and have started having tea instead, this has been a couple of months now and BP has gone down, lowest over the last few was 105/52, but generally 112/60, which is excellent for me! Meds reduced since I started 5/2 3 years ago, but this is another little change, for the better.

Take care all

Pocket list day 25
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 25, FD, Scotland

Here we go again and i am looking forward to fasting and feeling better/trimmer after an, as per usual, excessive weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

I was in a different supermarket yesterday and hubby was waiting outside in the car, I was to grab onion and peppers for dinner but i thought i better grab something for my lunch on Monday, but I was in a rush so couldnt really look properly. But i got a meat sushi lunch box thingy, its only 223 calories! And it looks quite substantial ! Fingers crossed its nice.

Not sure what to have for dins, I have eggs, I wonder if i could make an omelette for around 300 cals….70 cals per egg, 210 for 3 eggs, surely a tiny bit of fat and some fillings wouldnt be 90 cals….I cant be bothered faffing about with just using the egg whites, its seems a bit of a waste to me, but maybe i should. Will have a wee google today but if anyone has omelette on a FD if you could share what you do and how many cals please.

Body attack after work.

Heres to a good week everyone!

Day 25 โ€“ Monday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ FUN DAY (FD)๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ˜Ž

I’ve had a busy day (office) and it’s suddenly 8.00pm here… tick tock… where does it go?

The upside is, as it was my FUN DAY, it was quite easy to stick with my food plan for the day without any feelings of deprivation!โœ…โœ…๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿฅ•

@i-hate-lettuce that is great news that you have been able to reduce BP meds. I’m sure the morning ‘wanderings’help that too. ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธ

@goal10kg … you have the most interesting things in your supermarkets!๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‰

@daffodil2010 ….. nothing like a galpal night for fun and frivolity….. wish I’d been there! When I hiked in the little mountain villages in France and Spain, I loved it when they just plopped a china jug onto the table with blanc or rouge or sometimes both! They were the best of times! Your DH and you have a great plan… it’ll work in no time!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™‚

Long day so winding up now.

cheerie dearies

You make a CHOICE to take a CHANCE or your life will never CHANGE. Itโ€™s your body and your choice. ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ

Pocket list day 25
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @linda.b

Day 25 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 212 lbs. Got a after-presentation supper with colleagues tonight out of town, then some additional work-related lunches and suppers this week, making my next FD this week on Wednesday. I’m taking Friday off (yay!)

Anticipating the whoosh in August.

Day 25 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Woke up at 4:30 am feeling like poo & never got back to sleep. Grumpy doesn’t even begin to describe my mood ๐Ÿ˜’ Chesty cough & bunged up nose. I’m sure it’s just a cold, but I really could have done without it this week. But the sun’s shining again & I’m just going to turn my frown upside-down & snap out of it ๐Ÿ™‚

@goal10kg – I often have an omelette on FDs. That’s what I had last night. I only have two eggs though, with around 25 g of cheese for about 100 calories. But I find eggs very filling. And I usually have a pile of veggies with it, eg broccoli & cauliflower, which is barely 30 calories.

Pocket list day 25 ๐Ÿ’
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @goal10kg
    @linda.b

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

@brightonbelle I was watching the crowds yesterday while watching the end of the Tour de France on TV with DH, wondering if you were in them; hope you had a grand time!

My convention was lovely, with lots of wonderful reports, and I was so thankful NOT to be elected to the office for which I was on the ballot…WHEW! The closer we got to convention, the more I knew I was not going to enjoy that job, so I was very relieved.

@funshipfreddie Oh, you have my sympathies that you’ve come down with a cold! I hope it goes away VERY quickly for you!!

Yesterday, we went to our village yard where you can drop off leaves, grass clippings, and branches, or pick up wood chip mulch (created from those dropped off branches) or dirt (created from those dropped off leaves and so on). I didn’t look closely at the dirt, but the wood mulch isn’t the highest quality…but it’s FREE, which ups its value right away, LOL. Plus, we’ve learned over the years that it’s pointless to put down gorgeous mulch, bought at a high price, because our trees are so messy that the mulch is soon ugly with all the tree “stuff.” So we brought home a pickup load yesterday, but now it’s raining, so who knows when we’ll have time to spread it out. The lovely news is that after over ten of nearly 100 degree temperatures, the high today is supposed to be 69/20; talk about a cool down!! So perhaps I’ll work in the cool and the rain, or perhaps I’ll find things to do inside.

Have a grand one, everyone.

Pocket list day 25 ๐Ÿ’
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @goal10kg
    @linda.b
    @stitchincarol

Day 25 – FD 800

Accountability weight 127.8 holding steady. Two FD 800 seems to be the maintenance sweet spot. Will keep weighing on Monday mornings to watch it and weigh a second time in the week If it seems high or low.

Slept poorly last night, hot flashes, hunger and cats woke me up all night. Unusual to wake up in middle of night hungry – I donโ€™t have any idea why I did. Had to banish cats from bedroom, also unsure why they were acting up last night. All seems normal today, so I will chalk it up to โ€˜life happensโ€™.

Slow start to the day, so I had best get โ€˜up & at โ€˜emโ€™๐Ÿ˜‚

Pocket list day 25 ๐Ÿ’
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @goal10kg
    @linda.b
    @stitchincarol
    @mariaelena

Day 26, NFD, Aus

Not so much PFDS this morning but a quiet feeling of settling comfortably into an old routine. Thatโ€™s where I want to be.

It makes it so much easier when your OH is travelling the same journey โ€“ good luck with your refresh @daffodil2010. And a great way to kick off the week with a Monday FD!

I admire your good health and excellent results @IHL but there is NO way I could give up my coffee!! Tho I have to admit, since being on Dry July I have reverted to a nice cup of tea in the evening after dinner instead of a glass of wine.

I canโ€™t remember if you shared what you do, @northgeorgia, but I have to say, it seems that you and your colleagues are very social in- and out- of normal work hours!

Did flipping your frown upsidedown work @funshipfreddie? Hope the sun shine also helped burn off the cold. (Both sorts.)

Yay, Iโ€™m glad too you didnโ€™t get elected @stitchincarol (not often one says that, right!) Which reminds me, laying mulch is also on my list of chores. Only way to get it done is head down, tail up and get on with it! (when it stops rainingโ€ฆ)

Glad youโ€™ve found the right sweet spot, @mariaelena, to stay in maintenance. You are another of our forumโ€™s shining examples of making this WOL work for you.

Anyone happy to stump up to host August?

Day 25 Ohio, US — MFD
    Days 23 and 24 — NFD

Saturday I got the second Covid booster and that laid me low almost immediately, so that I spent almost all day yesterday in bed. I wasn’t all that hungry, but ate ad libitum, so I’m not sure what the effects of doing that will be. I wasn’t sure if I could fast today, but it has worked out well. So it appears that even though, I’m fairly tired now, things are getting back to normal.

@stitchincarol Glad you’ve gotten some relief from the !00 degree days. It’s cooled down a little here as well, and that is much appreciated.

@funshipfreddie Hope you shake that cold quickly and completely!

Pocket list day 25 ๐Ÿ’
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @goal10kg
    @linda.b
    @stitchincarol
    @mariaelena
    @matpi

Day 26 โ€“ Tuesday -Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)๐ŸŒžโ˜€โญ๐ŸŒžโ˜€โญ

@penz…. Hard to believe next Monday is August! ๐Ÿ“†๐Ÿ“…
    I will tentatively put my head above the parapet for August unless there is someone else who would like a turn. ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ

Thanks for hosting July @penz.๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Participating in “31 days of July 2022 โ€“ One day at a time monthly challenge” has kept me on the straight and narrow with my WOL maintenance, so I’m definitely in again for next month regardless. I need to ensure this is a Way Of Life (WOL) and not just a temporary blip in the calendar!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜„ Nearly a month since you started Dry July, what are your thoughts about it? Harder/easier and more/less helpful than you thought it might be?

@mariaelena, @i-hate-lettuce and the other WOLers.. you are lighting the way for me and it is much appreciated!๐ŸŒ…๐Ÿ•ฏ๐Ÿช”๐Ÿ”ฆ๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก Following in your footsteps๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‘ฃ

@matpi, @funshipfreddie… both of you down but not for long I hope.๐Ÿค’๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคง๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคช @matpi ..It’s weird with these COVID boosters being so hit ‘n miss on who will have side-effects. Even with COVID itself it seems the level of severity is so unpredictable too.
    @funshipfreddie… hopefully just a cold for you and recover quickly….. Being winter here, we have a big upswing of flu, colds, RSV and COVID just filling the hospitals to overflowing…. and still only a few people will wear masks when out and about… go figure?๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿฅด

@stitchincarol… looks to me like you’ve dodged a bullet.. I’m in a gated estate Body Corporate here and am dreading the next AGM. I’ve been here for 25 years and been Secretary three times (approx 12 years in total)… I’ve given blood at the alter of bureaucracy gone mad! Get less for murder! No-one has nominated yet for this coming year and they’ve asked me again to step up….. arghhhhhh! ๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿฅด I’m just hoping some other naive person will put her/his hand up before October. Maybe that’s why I’m looking for a change of scenery… over it! ๐Ÿค”

@brightonbelle… how was Paris? ๐Ÿšดโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿšดโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿšดโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿšดโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ–๐Ÿง€๐Ÿท๐Ÿท We want the goss! We are living vicariously in your shadow!

Back to work…..

cheerie dearies

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy Warhol

Day 26 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – CD

Weigh in: 165
    A drop of 1.6 overnight. I have been here before, this is the couple of pounds that I see going up and down…but this time I am determined. First goal for this week is to get below 164, and then by next week 161….

Upping the protein has the added benefit of never feeling hungry….I had got into a bad habit of grazing as soon as I got home from work and it was getting a bit obsessive. Yesterday I got home, felt no desire to nibble while the chicken was heating ๐Ÿ˜†

@northgeorgia, when DH weighed in at 247 yesterday, somehow I thought of you and the days of Lola and Wesley in Club 240. Look where you are at now. Well done.

DH dropped 2.6lbs overnight by the way.

@linda.b oh that would have been fun hiking in rural France and Spain. Great memories. And I do love ordering the local wine when away, love how it plops out in a jug, and usually always palatable. We loved how we had no choice in that restaurant on Friday, no faffing with wine lists and peoples tastes, just a good robust Italian red from Puglia ๐Ÿท

Off to work. Have a great one.

Day 26 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Quick post, off out for a quick MOAM walk and a few jobs to get through today, busy FD yesterday and it went by in a flash, had to remind myself it was a FD. No breakfast and busy in the garden etc, but oddly enough not hungry at lunchtime, had to make sure I got something inside me!

Funny how FD’s work out, I rarely struggle these days, but early on when I first started I always seemed to feel hungry, maybe it was the Inner Warthog growling that drew my attention. Nowadays it’s just become second nature ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take care all

Day 26 – UK Cam – NFD
    Another successful FD yesterday – tried one whilst volunteering (busy busy, no food lying about to nibble etc) and it worked although I did seem extra tired in the evening. Provided I don’t eat breakfast, I can manage through to lunchtime quite easily and wasn’t even tempted walking by the open air cafe on site.

@goal10kg – I agree with @funshipfreddie about the omlette. I use 2 eggs and either thin-cut lean ham or grated low fat cheese and loads of herbs. It also works as an open omlette – toss some veggies (broccoli, spring onion, sweet pepper, peas, mangetout – whatever you have lying about – even left-overs will do) in a little oil in hot pan, add loads of your fav. spices/herbs (I love smoked paprika) stir in 2 beaten eggs and pop under grill to finish off (I hate runny eggs). On a NFD you can add sweet potato or left-over cooked potato as well and top with cheese… As for calories- 2 eggs 160 max, veggies say 40, oil another 20 – AND I often share the omlette, adding an extra egg, with DH so only makes half the total calorie count (if that makes sense).

@funshipfreddie – hope the symptoms have eased and it is only a bad cold. Covid is not the only virus on offer!

@stitchincarol – mulching also on my list of to-do jobs. Been so dry here no real need at present BUT I have huge bag of bark to spread under the tree in the front garden and have started to collect large cardboard boxes, flattened, to use on the allotment. They go on top of empty beds and are then covered with mulch ready for planting next year. Need to have a word with my neighbour who has horses – I have empty dog food bags and she has manure …

Had an interesting day at the gardens yesterday, planting up the ornamental garden – spent half of the day crawling about on hands and knees making sure the plants were all going in the right place for the pattern! But I did have a ‘find’ in the rubbish skip (one person’s rubbish is another’s treasure) with 2 broken/bent large umbrellas – will tinker with them to make one water catchment device to fit over spare water barrel – just in case it ever rains here again! DH thinks (he says knows) I totally crazy.

Off out for dog walk – definitely a bit of PFDS here, feeling a light step as I walk!

Day 26, NFD, Scotland

Yesterday went well. And wow the sushi was lovely, it was really tasty and unusual.I loved the wasabi, and the salty soy sauce, and the texture of the rice and the fillings, it was really funky! I felt full after it but i did get a little hungry later on in the afternoon, which i dont often get. But 223 cals, I will defo get that again!

Thanks for the omelette tips, I did go for an omelette, i amended this recipe to one portion and subbed things i didnt have, and i didnt do the faff with seperating the eggs – https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/skinny-pepper-tomato-ham-omelette. Basically a red pepper, onion and ham omelette, i added tarragon, it was tasty! I did use 3 eggs,do you know what, i think my pan is too large for a 2 egg omelette, i may look to buy a smaller pan. And totally agree – i dont do runny eggs, I always finish under the grill, i actually like to grill it quite a bit, my omelettes have been known to look like a pizza LOL

NFD today, I skip breakfast, not sure what im eating for lunch but making a curry for dinner. And body attack after work.

Im going to a festival on saturday and i ordered a dress to wear, tried it on last night, and not happy with the podgy belly ahhhh i just want that bit to go away !

Hope you all have a good day! Catch you tomorrow

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. Status quo, onwards plateau! Yes, the days of the 240s club are long gone. I do promise to catch up with Lola and Wesley soon, and maybe that’s when I’ll see some motivational movement in my plot LOL

Tomorrow will be a FD.

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

The laying of the mulch went well yesterday, and the back yard looks lovelier than it has in a long time. There are still two more beds that need attention, but the big one is done. The only problem with such an accomplishment is that DH and I both wanted to play after that extended effort…so a FD did NOT happen. Not even close. That means today’s WF will be harder than it needs to be, given all the carbs I ate yesterday. Oh well, eh? @gardenlily You are now officially FAR ahead of me. ๐Ÿ˜ข (below me??)

@penz “Not so much PFDS this morning but a quiet feeling of settling comfortably into an old routine.” Ahhh, I remember that feeling, and keep thinking I’ve returned to it and then days like yesterday pop up. But I’m still here, and so glad to see the success you’re experiencing!

@matpi We’re back up today in temp, but I’ll bet you’ll have cool weather today! I hope you’re feeling far better now after getting that booster.

@linda.b Yay for you for volunteering for August; you’ll do a great job. As to how to avoid the secretary job…cheerfully say you couldn’t possibly be so selfish as to take it a FOURTH time?? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@daffodil2010 We’re all pulling for you and DH to see some solid and joyful results on the scale!

@gardenlily I’ve never done that with cardboard, but have done it with thick newspapers and it works like a charm!

After all the kudos I was feeling and got here for dodging election at convention, I woke up to an email from the new president asking if I’d be VP of Communication (the job that’s now empty because she got elected pres). Phooey, LOL! I think it’s a job I’d really enjoy and it fits my skills/working style. So much for avoiding office, right? I’m going to think and pray on it for a few days, but it’s looking inevitable to me…

Well, I’d best scoot so I’ll be ready to head out the door on time. Have a grand one, everyone!

Oh, and my promise for the day: I promise to eat/drink nothing but water today.

Day 27, NFD, Aus

Are you feeling better yet @matpi? Those booster shots can really knock people around but I spose itโ€™s better than getting the actual โ€˜Rona.

Thanks @linda.b โ€“ I think the August gig is yours and nice to keep it with the Aussies! Hosting definitely helps keep one on the straight and narrow. Thanks for asking: Dry July was definitely a struggle for the first two weeks โ€“ esp as that covered three weekends! โ€“ but then it was just a normal part of my (new) routine. Pub trivia last night and I had a big glass of soda water and lime cordial and no-one gave me a second glance. Having said that, I think I will cease Dry July a little early and revert to my traditional home-made pizza and red wine this Friday night (29th)โ€ฆ. Iโ€™m confident though that this experience will make Dry til Fri much easier next month.

@northgeorgia โ€“ Iโ€™m with @daffodil2010. Perhaps you need to bring back Lola and Wesley to see how far their journey has taken you.

@IHL and @gardenlily โ€“ looks like you both had a breezy day 25 FD. One day I hope well achieve that level of โ€œnowadays itโ€™s just become second natureโ€.

Way to go on the sushi โ€“ such a good find for an enjoyable and low cal meal, @goal10kg.

You WILL get there @stitchincarol. It was you, wasnโ€™t it, who tried hypnotherapy? Wondering if you could dust off those phrases to repeat to yourself – promise yourself! โ€“ and get back your resolve?

Day 27 โ€“ Wednesday -Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)๐ŸŒžโ˜€โญ๐ŸŒžโ˜€โญ

oh @stitchincarol! You made me burst out laughing…. love your work!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Yes, “how to avoid the secretary jobโ€ฆcheerfully say you couldnโ€™t possibly be so selfish as to take it a FOURTH time?? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚” is perfect… I’ll give it a try if push comes to shove! by the way, VP of Communication sounds like it matches your superior communications skill set perfectly. GO GIRL! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

@penz… ok I’ll officially take on August! We Aussies have more to give this group yet! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ.. it’ll keep me on track too. Hmmm, I wonder if @at is looking in, hope so, she does the best spreadsheet… hint to @at๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜ we need you, where are you?

We were notified that the electricity would go off in our street this morning from 8.00 am to 1.00pm…. but nothing has happened…yet…. other than I’ve already SAVED and closed all my work, made lists of where I was at etc etc etc…. boiled the kettle ready for a cuppa….. but nothing…. still have power…. frightened to get started on a casefile knowing the power will go off without warning … I’m STUCK… ARRGGGGHHH!

I’m going to shut down this computer now to make sure this post doesn’t get lost in the ether.๐Ÿ˜Ž

cheerie dearies

Day 27 โ€“ Wednesday -Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)๐ŸŒžโ˜€โญ๐ŸŒžโ˜€โญ 2nd post

Well, what do you know? Shut everything down in the office because of pending power outage ie 8.00am to 1.00pm, parked the car outside garage in readiness (ie no power=no garage door) and left the house to do some errands, no point in hurrying as power would be off… right? Came home several hours later…. power outage did not happen! ๐Ÿ˜– The jokes on me๐Ÿคก! So very annoyed to have lost most of the work day for nothing given the power company had sent numerous reminders that they were replacing some big kit somewhere or other in our street and we would not have power today.

Now that little frustration is unloaded, I hope you are all starting today with sunshine and light.๐ŸŒžโ˜€โ˜€โญ๐ŸŒŸ

cheerie dearies

ask yourself: What would I do if I weren’t afraid? And then go do it ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ

Day 27 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช -CD

Weigh in: 164.4 – loss of .6lbs (2.2 since Monday ๐Ÿ˜„)

But not being complacent, been here, done that, keeping focused. DH is down 3.8 so he is happy, and having him on board at last is motivational for us both.

Thanks @linda.b for offering to host August, I will definitely be on board
    Hoping you are ok @funshipfreddie?

@penz, I do admire you doing Dry July, well done.

Great news everyone…I am a step- Gran again โ˜บ๏ธ DH’s son’s partner gave birth to a beautiful wee girl yesterday, all 8lbs of gorgeous cuteness, adorable pictures of her already. We are delighted. Not allowed visit for a while but hopefully this weekend.

It’s a bank holiday weekend coming up too so need to be mindful amongst all the celebrating. Tomorrow is first anniversary of DH finding his birth Mom, and Friday he finishes his night college course at last…so lots of things that ordinarily champagne and wine would be uncorked for ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Have a great Wednesday hump day ๐Ÿช

Day 27 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

For anyone contemplating about 5:2 and why it’s referred to as WOL (way of life) yesterday was 3 years since I joined this Monthly Challenge group.

Before I ‘discovered’ 5:2 I’d had a battle with my weight, put far too much on since I retired. Always loved food and drink, travelling and exploring new places, especially the food and drink!
    The moment came and I decided I needed to lose weight, over a couple of years I’d struggled with the rollercoaster but managed to lose 20 pounds. But it was hard work.

July 2019 I was looking to find someway to ‘enjoy’ my love of good food and drink and still lose (and eventually control) weight. That’s when I came across this forum and the monthly challenge.

Since then I’ve lost a further 35 pounds, now after 3 years I find this new WOL so straightforward I barely have to work at it. Calling in each day is the only reminder I need, FD’s are easy enough, but no pressure to count every calorie any more.

So anyone just starting out or those being here a while, it ain’t quick, its not a silver bullet, but it does work, be honest with yourself and the mindset will change, it becomes a habit …. and a good one at that.

Brilliant supportive group, many thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take care all

Day 27 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@daffodil2010, @linda.b, @gardenlily & @stitchincarol I’m still alive – just! You know us guys are big babies when we don’t feel well ๐Ÿฅด๏ธ I hope @matpi is on the mend too.

There was me, thinking I was almost bullet-proof after two jabs, two boosters AND the flu shot. I’ve been woken during the last two nights with a raging sore throat though. So I’m just using over-the-counter meds/painkillers & otherwise feeling okay-ish.

And Boo Boo is off on an adventure today, โœˆ๏ธ so I’ll be relieved once I know she’s safely at the cattery & I can concentrate on packing the rest of my belongings.

Just in case I don’t get around to posting again this month – thank you @penz for hosting ๐Ÿ’ & thank you ๐Ÿ™ @linda.b for volunteering for August. I don’t think I’ll be able to squeeze in any more FDs this week.

Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿซ

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 346 total)

You must be logged in to reply.