31 Day March 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
31 Day March 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 3,249 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 3,256 total)

• I’d love to join! I haven’t tried the fast diet before, but would love to give it a try and see if I can lose 4-6lbs this month. 🙂

Day 1 – Cheshire UK – NFD
    First FD tomorrow!
    Start weight 142 lbs, goal weight 130 lbs

Day 1 Surrey UK NFD.
    Once again I need to try. Got to have a serious talk with myself along the lines of Self Worth and not self doubt. You will have your hands full @at, thanks for doing this.
    Starting at 96.5 kgs. Let me find out if there is any staying power there….

175lb
    Target 154lb – but not by the end of March

Day 1, Oceanside CA, NFD

March 1 weight 152.8. 3 lbs gone in February. Working toward another 3 lbs for March and will be just below my 150 lb goal.

Into fourth year walking with my Fitbit and 10,000 steps plus per day. Approaching 5,000 miles. Lost 32 lbs walking and sensible eating. Now with 5:2 additional 7 lbs gone in 3 months.

Healthy fasting and eating positive WOL.

Hello,

I’m in. My goal is 2kgs in March.
    This is the first time when I try this eating habit, so I checked myself on Sunday. My experience was it’s feasible. Therefore i’m here.

My plan is 5:2
    FD Sunday and Thursday
    Workouts at least 5 weekly

Let’s see…

Day 1: Gloucestershire, UK: FD turned into a NFD !!!

My goal this month is to get back into the 5:2 way of life and (if only…) lose the half stone (and more) I have put on since falling off the wagon over Christmas/New year/January after reaching my target weight back in September.
    February was an improvement…I kept 7 Fast-days. This month I need to improve on that.

Day 1|CD|Toronto
    My primary goal in March is to get back to using the 5:2 plan as directed and reap the benefits.
    March weight loss goal is 2-3 kilo if possible and a corresponding drop in body fat.

I’d like to join the March Challenge. I am new to the Fast Diet and am on Week 2. Today – 3/1/17 is a fast day. I don’t know what’s involved in joining the challenge but look forward to learning.

Day 1, FD, Rocky Mountains, US

Hi all, old friends and newbies,

Did the February challenge, lost about 4 pounds and will continue with 5:2 in March.

Beginning weight: 132.7
    End of March: 128 or below.

All the best and ciao!!! 😊😊😊

Day 1 Ireland FD

Hello all! I’m back again, for a second month. Thanks to @at for organising.
    My goal for the month is to drop a kilo. I’ve weighed in today and I am not checking again until 31st March. My big realisation in the last month was that the scales don’t make me feel better, its this WOL that makes me feel better. In the past I’ve become obsessed with scales and the mood of my whole day can be affected by those numbers. But it often never correlated to the way I felt. Some days I’d feel slimmer and the scales would tell me I’m up a few pounds, and other days when I feel bloated and sickly, the scales would be down. It never added up. So here I am day one March and my aim is to keep it simple. 5:2. Im toying with 16:8 at the moment so I’ll be interested to see how I feel about that in 31 days time! Best of luck to everyone!

Hi @pipedream – welcome to the March challenge.

@at is running this month’s challenge and she has posted everything you need to know at the top of page 1 of this thread.

@coda also posted a link to a useful page which covers a lot of the questions that come up when you’re starting off on 5:2 https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good luck!

Day 1, USA, FD
    Starting weight: 139, goal for March: 5 pounds 134 lbs. Lost 7 lbs. during Feb challenge, so feel motivated. Exercise goal: at least 30 minutes every day of something and 2 days of weights. No sugar. God Bless you all. We’ve got this. Bathing suits around the corner!

3rd Post today

@twigglet – Welcome to the 31 Day March 2017 Challenge – great to have someone with your experience joining us and sharing, as you know the accountability of signing in daily and reading the posts as you feel like does help us enormously in meeting our personal targets and keeping us motivated – this is a very supportive forum with lots of experienced and some newbies to the 5:2 WOL

@sirisan – as you can see we all keep an eye out for each other – glad you found the right forum!

@nw1990 – some common acronyms are WOL (way of life) OH (other half) DH (darling husband) – if you come across anything you don’t understand just ask and someone will answer. Can I ask that you state in each daily report if it is a FD or not for record keeping. Do you have a goal for March that you want to share and I can update your details on the spreadsheet?
    @scs – you are welcomed – I think it will keep me out of mischief and hopefully keep me focused as well Enjoy your travelling and you are absolutely it is a WOL and can be adapted to cope with our lives.
    @mamacat – glad you are joining us full time – I found the accountability of signing in daily so helpful in helping me reach my target and maintaining it
    @therealwil78 – sorry you are feeling a bit low – stick with it and perhaps read some of the posts in March where some good advice has already been given about mixing things up a bit…..etc. We are all here for you.
    @mrsgettingthere – another Cumbrian resident like me! you sound very motivated and on the right track!
    @lindasue – great news about your very positive February experience – have you noted your starting weight correctly??
    @Chitown Gal – do you have a goal for March that you want noted in the spreadsheet?
    @pclpo – you have set yourself a hefty goal for March – tackle each day and stick with the 5:2 programme.
    @bobkat91, @ashmore, @emmas25, @gt70 and @pipedream – welcome to the 5:2 WOL – there is lots of support available here – start reading from page one and you will see my initial post at the start of this forum and as you read further you will pick up on many good advice already posted on here and just ask any questions you may have
    At the top of Page 2 @coda has posted a link that answers lots of questions those new to this WOL tend to ask. Enjoy your journey!
    @happymargo – you sound like you have got your MOJO back – we will all support you over this next month and I love your 3 mantras – hope others read your positive post and be inspired by your words.
    @beverley8603 – welcome to the 31 Day March 2017 Challenge – lots of support available here and logging in daily helps us keep accountable
    @1maureen – you are on the right forum! Welcome
    @norrieb – really glad that you decided to commit to March – hope that whatever challenges distracted you in February are getting resolved – I’ll refer you to my u-turn quote that I posted to @and… exhale in my last post today – You can do this with all our support
    @steffieagle – great job so far – inspiring for those new to this WOL
    @n it to thin it – Thanks
    @ciren2 – a great big virtual hug coming your way – I’ll be there holding your hand when you do your FD and I will try to post you a message on each of your FD – keep me in your pocket x
    @deirdre54321 – so glad you decided to continue from the February Challenge – we have lots of new starters to this WOL and also many you will know from February – stay strong and motivated.
    @erikaa67 – hope your March Challenge is as good for you as February – is your no sugar goal a no added sugar approach and not eating anything with sugar in??? just interested to know more and learn.

We are up to 128 registered to the 31 Day March 2017 Challenge so far – lots of people have already signed in for Day 1 (1st March) – some still to sign in – we are a global group!

Can I remind you to start your daily post with the day of the month, where you are, and if you are doing a FD (Fast day) or a NFD (Non Fast Day).
    Example for me today 1st March is Day 1 – Cumbria UK – NFD.
    If you want to share your starting weight and any goals you have for month please do and I will input them into a spreadsheet which I’m hoping to share next week once I have got all your information.
    Add more to your daily post or not as you please.

Do we think this means the 5:2 Way of Life? – “The only successful way to reach and maintain a healthy weight is to find what works for you”

Hi AT, had to go back and check what the heck I put down for my starting weight.

It is correct at 142, a few pounds below my goal weight of 145.
    Wiggle room, if you will.

Thanks for checking, I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to stay on top of all of this. You go, girl !

2nd post.
    Woke up so tired today but hunger pangs have been bearable so far. Managed to go through the working day without major issues – does anyone else feel like a liability on their FDs? Sometimes I’m so distracted I ask the same things twice and find it really hard to pay attention. Arent we supposed to smarten up during a fast?
    Feeling a bit emotional also.
    Just had the last of my 500cals and planning a very hot bubbly bath and will tidy up the house afterwards. Early night tonight. Hopefully I wont screw up with a sudden binge.

1st March 2917 – Day 1 – Woking UK. OK so first day back on the IF diet regime. I started today at 148lbs and my eventual goal is 136lbs but for March I’d like to lose 5lbs. Today was a FD and I managed to avoid birthday cake and savouries at work 🙈 so feeling very pleased with myself!

1 March Placentia California. NFD. I started last week so I have two FD days under my belt which I hope will be decreasing in size soon! I am 223 lbs. Short term goal to get under 200 lbs. Long term to get to 150.

Hi Suse13. Your goal sound almost exactly like mine. I’m just starting here although I’ve done the diet before. I didn’t have a support group like this in the past and I stopped using it.

Good luck to all of us.

Hi Sirisan, SNAP! I’ve done it before too but not used the forum. I felt amazing last time but got bored after a few months so am hoping this forum motivates me. I really believe it is a WOL. Good luck!

Hi i am 147.5lbs and would like to be 130 lbs. But hoping to achieve that in small steps so aiming to loose 5lbs a month. Planning to fast tomorrow but with 500kcal meals during the day to keep me going.

Thank you AT and all. I did read through the form and FAQsbut there was so much here I am still learning. I thought I had put my goals and intro information but maybe I put it in the wrong place. Here goes:
    Sirisan -St Louis MO USA
    NFD
    Current weight 148 (up a pound)
    Goal for month 143
    Total Goal 136
    Waist 34 goal 32
    Fast days Monday and Thursday 5/2
    Daily yoga 20 to 30 minutes
    Kettle bells 10-15 min 3 x week
    Elliptical machine 2-3 x week
    Fit bit walking 10000 steps daily
    Yoga class 1 hr week
    Fascia blasting daily

Think I covered it all here. So enjoying these post. Such a lovely group.

Day 2 Australia NFD
    @at here are the rest of my measurements etc
    Starting weight – 92kgs
    Goal for March – a loss of 4kgs
    Exercise goal – 6 days per week with combo of walking, weights and yoga
    Measurements:
    Neck – 41cm
    Chest – 43.5cm
    Waist – 44cm
    Hips – 48cm
    Yesterday’s FD was a success partially due to realising part way through the day that it was Ash Wednesday so really motivated to keep liquid-only even though I cooked dinner for everyone else!
    Happy birthday to those celebrating same.
    And good luck to all the rest of us March Hares as we bolt for the weight loss finish line!

Second post
    Well, the water and milk kefir arrived today and is safely fermenting in the cupboard. All I have to do now is look back on last month’s posts to find those tips for using it! I might give the ACV a miss when I start the kefir just to see the effect it has. I manage to make some natural yoghurt too, so I’m going to try to give up the flavoured variety from the supermarket. I shall be positively bursting with healthy bacteria!
    I also bought a hula hoop. What an exciting day this has been! Why did I think the passage of 50 years would suddenly make me be able to do it! Don’t mean to boast, Lilymartin but I can do four rotations! I think I’ve some work to do and might need to supplement my waist challenge with a few planks etc!
    It’s lovely to see old faces back and a warm welcome to all the newbies. Accountability is the name of the game. Onward and downward!

Day 1 -Montreal -NFD

Hello to all! This will be my second month of the fast diet. After a loss of 3.8 kilos in February I am aiming to weigh 78-79 kilos at the end of March (currently 82.2).
    Good luck to all and thank you to AT for hosting.

Day 1, NZ, FD,
    Starting weight 75.3

Day One, NFD; tomorrow will be FD #1 for March. Super slow loss for the past month and a half; hypothyroid meds recently changed… hopeful!

Thanks AT, for overseeing this challenge. Please add my name to the list of fellow-challengers. I’m looking forward to my results as well as see those of other participants!

Hello AT and thank you for taking care of us.
    I don’t post every day because I’m travelling and camping. However, I’m still being carefull and fasting on Monday and Thursday.
    Wishing everyone a nice month of March.

Day 2 FD Melbourne Australia

It’s such a pleasure to see so much enthusiasm that I had to pop in to wish you all a happy and successful month! Every one of you is an inspiration and a support.

Well done, AT, for taking on what looks like a massive job. 🙂

Hi AT,
    I would also like to join the March challenge. I am a newbie here and, sorry, but I don’t know what I need to do to join this challenge or how this works. Thank you in advance for letting me know!

Day 2 Sunshine Coast Aus NFD 108.2kgs

Sorry, just checking in. I have been spending an excessive amount of time sitting at the computer dealing with a lot of family issues. Will keep tabs on how things are going but finding my mind occupied with a lot of other stuff right now. Keep up the good work everyone.

Cheerio.

Day 1 : Cheshire, UK : NFD

Starting weight is 8st 13 lbs 8 oz : 56.60kgs : 125.8 lbs

Goal is to lose 2lbs : 1kg

Didn’t eat all day until 8pm this evening.

Still haven’t bought my hula hoop, hopefully will find time tomorrow. I’m also behind with posts as I accidentally unticked/unchecked the box for notification of posts.

I will catch up somehow. Happy to be part of this forum.

xoxo

Hi @anna Sophia and welcome.
    Read AT’s post on page 1. Start each day’s post with the day, whether you are fasting (FD) or not (NFD) and where you are from e.g. Mine is Day 2, FD, Melbourne Australia.

Post your starting weight and statistics if you like and your goal/s for the month. The challenge is to help each of us remain personally accountable and to be inspired and supported by the many inspirational people through the ups and downs of this way of life (WOL).

There are many different approaches to intermittent fasting and food intake here. The key is to find what works for you. I’ve been very happy following the basic 5:2 way of eating.

Have a read through the posts.

last check in for Day 1

@lindasue – thanks for the update – congratulations on achieving your target and so great to have that wiggle room!
    @suse13 – great willpower avoiding the birthday cake and savouries!
    @quebecoise – Bonnes vacances et profitez du camping et les voyages! pop in to report or just to join in whenever you can
    @juliendbq and @anna Sophia – welcome to our 31 Day March 2017 Challenge – read the first posts on page 1 (mine) and page 2 (@coda) which will give you lots of information about this way of life and the daily information required
    @lolly_ thanks for popping in and for your good wishes – you are welcomed to pop in anytime to contribute or just to say hello

132 and counting …………

To our global 5:2 family – good night – good morning – good afternoon or good evening depending where you are in the world!!!!

Day 2 NFD NZ
    AT, curlytot, lily Martin I can’t express how much I appreciate your support.
    I weighed this morning as I committed to do and am down 900g since yesterday morning.
    Yesterday was a FD so I’m sure that’s a big part of it.
    Today = 64kg
    I have counted my intake today, broke my fast after 40hours with a vinegar and pesto dressed salad and an apricot.
    For reasons I can’t even explain I then ate a teaspoon of peanut butter out of the jar???? What???
    Will add it to the count and carry on

Thanks again everyone. It really does make a difference knowing you are all out there

Day 1……Florida…..FD

Who’s bright idea was it to add AVC to our diet? So, this my 2nd day drinking it 3x a day. It is actually the most disgusting thing, I’ve ever decide to drink. Now hold on to your panties when I tell you this because I know I’m going to blow them off. I’m actually beginning to enjoy them. They make me pucker like there is no tomorrow but in an odd way it’s addicting…… seriously, I think there is something wrong with me!

FD went according to plan. Nothing remarkable there. Not sure what tomorrow will bring.

A few things I forgot to post this morning. I FD on M, W and F. I do a terrible job at saying under my TDEE on NFD. I started this WOL on Nov. 1st at 165lbs. I’m currently weaving and bobbing at around 146 or 148lbs.
    I currently live and will never leave Fl. But I’m a New Yorker through and through. You can take the girl outta NY but you can never take the NY outta the girl.
    I’ve been married to the same guy for 20 years, he is my rock and spoils me rotten. We have 2 boys, 21 and 18 living at home still. They’ve got a good life here, so I don’t see them leaving anytime soon.
    I think that’s it…… maybe, oh who knows give it time you’ll find out more than you would ever want to just by reading my posts….

Big Happy Birthday to Miss J

Okay, well, I’m off again!

Peace be with you!

Day 1 – Indiana -FD
    Started 5:2 two weeks ago. Was at 198 lbs at start. Am presently at 193. Probably mostly water lost, but it sure is great to see the scale go down.

I love fast days. I plan out what I’ll eat of the 500 cals ahead of time and feel so free and energetic all day.

Day 2 NFD country west Australia
    Well the vagaries of this WOL in my case, keep on happening. A good FD yesterday and down 800 gms!! After being up 600 gms yesterday morning. I always try to allow for 1 – 2 kgs variation but do expect more of a permanent downward trend than seen recently.
    For those brave souls on keffir, I saw a program this week with Dr M ( Dr Moseley designer of 5:2) and they did an experiment to find out which product/s produced healthiest gut and increased good gut bacteria the most. Keffir was the best by a long way.

2nd post (Day 1, FD, USA)
    Bert, you make me smile and I knew there was a New Yorker in you, as I’m also from New York, but relocated to New England and never left, so it takes one to know one. Well done on your outstanding weight loss and on your baptism of ACV. Funny, my body is starting to enjoy it, too, but I lace mine with fresh ginger, lemon and a few drops of Stevia, so it tastes more like a cocktail.
    AT: as far as my abstinence from sugar during this challenge, I intend to not eat anything with any sugar in it at all (except a piece of fruit a day and Stevia). I started that last month, so it shouldn’t be too hard to continue.

DAY1 …ROME ..FD
    STARTING WEIGHT 95KG .. a STRUGGLE BUT DETERMINED !

Day 2NFD
    I have been using kefir and kumbucha for sometime. I make my own kumbucha but started buying kefir last year. I buy plain kefir with no sugar or flavorings added. I just don’t have time to keep up with making it and straining it. I put it in a smoothie that I make with green tea, protein powder, greens and collagen powder, and frozen chunks of zucchini, butternut squash and a handful of frozen berries. It’s about 200 cal so it’s my breakfast on fast days. I make a good girl moonshine from the trim healthy mama book and put in a half a cup of kombucha. I think it’s all OK with this diet plan.

Sirisan

Day 2 Melbourne NFD
    @lany36 sorry to hear you experienced a rough patch. You can’t keep a good Kiwi girl down for long though – so you’ll be back with a vengeance! I know that ‘sudden teaspoon of peanut butter’ or ‘mouthful of red wine’ moment, well. My theory is that it is a little rebel corner of my psyche that wants to say ‘huh, So There!! I can eat whatever I want and ain’t Nobody can say otherwise!’ So I just run with it. It doesn’t happen very often and it does me good, somehow.

My vanished mojo is in the exercise department, and I have just done an enjoyable small Pilates workout! Yay! I’ll keep them small for March and hopefully stick to my exercise goals for the month.

Day 1 – Canada – NFD

Today’s weight: 141.5 lb. My goal for March will be to lose 1 kg. We will be travelling to Australia and New Zealand in March and April. I will try to do two FDs a week, keep the lid on my carb and sweet intake, drink water and do some exercise everyday.

So, we have lift off. @at you have your work cut out for you! Thank you for taking this on.

Day 2 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD … 79.6kg

Still under 80kg, but just under. I’m backing off of the workouts for my legs a bit and mostly focusing on upper body. The muscle groups are smaller and the effective look is nicer. I’m starting to see muscles I didn’t see since I was a teenager. (Or at least I think I saw, that was around four decades ago.)

@reid if you are coming to Melbourne it would be great to meet!

2nd post – so I broke my fast at 37 hours with carrot and celery sticks and a cup of black coffee. Then one of my colleagues suggested burgers for lunch and I chose one without cheese or bacon but still it was fried chicken and chipotle sauce … plus chips! But the fates were watching out for me – the burger shop mixed up the order and we were short one burger so I absented myself and got a salad sandwich from a nearby café instead. I did have a few – very few – chips and then got my celery and carrot sticks to crunch while others ate the rest of the chips. And I had black tea while they had soft drinks. Am now feeling very virtuous though out of pocket as my colleagues appear to have forgotten that I gave them $20 for a share of a lunch I didn’t have! 🙂 Spaghetti squash and a mushroom and broad bean sauce for dinner so this will be a great NFD.

Day 1 USA Hawaii NFD
    Please count me in for March. Side tracked with DH having a bipolar episode. Seems to be calming down and I’m hoping to focus on this WOL again.
    Starting weight 169

@hannahwatto – I’m blown away by your resolve! You are just off of a FD and you are holding the line on what you eat. You must have an iron will!

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 3,256 total)

You must be logged in to reply.