31 Day March 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
31 Day March 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 3,249 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 7 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 3,256 total)

• Day 1 – SW WA USA – NFD

Thought I better post before I ran out of day. I was trying to read all posts before I posted but not quite there.

Welcome to all the new folks. This is a great supportive forum you’ve come upoon.

Giving up sugar for Lent. Hopefully that will help the progress of moving the scales downward.
    Starting the month at 201 lbs with a goal of 5 lbs downward. 34 lbs gone so far on this WOL. Looking forward to leaving the 200s behind.

I was going to go for a few minutes of hulahooping each day but my knees aren’t liking it yet. My chiropractor said to wait a little while. I’m healing from an earlier injury.

DAY 2, MUNIC / GERMANY, FD
    … just startet with a cup of delicious EARL GREY. β˜•

@sirisan Nice to meet another Septuagenarian. I am 70 and walk every day 10,000 plus steps with my Fitbit to keep me on track. Also enjoy 18 holes of golf with my DH three days a week weather permitting.

In California until April when east coast will be warm for the new year. Healthy eating includes fresh fish, filet mignon, fresh veggies and a protein waffle with berries and fruit every morning.

Fast 5:2 solid foundation for long term health.

Thank you AT for including me in your initial welcome. This is a family of support.

Day 2 NZ NFD
    This is the first nfd for a long day that I have eaten mindfully and sensibly and I feel very virtuous!! I am trying to follow a plant based diet as of late I really am not enjoying meat. I am coeliac and dairy intolerant also. My husband really loves meat so is a bit bewildered by my lack of interest in it. I hope to encourage him to eat lots more veg and fruit. Does anyone else follow a plant based diet.
    I have become very fond of chia pudding for breakfast, really yummy.

Day 2 – Perth AUS – NFD

Day 2 UK FD 🌈

2nd FD, had a successful FD yesterday, so going to carry on the momentum for today! Busy day today so should be fine. Better if I keep busy. I have one meal on my FD and drink lots of warm water and lemon. I get tired and cold but a lovely bubble bath at the end of the day keeps me warm, then a good night sleep.

Have a good day all. X

Day 2 / UK / NFD

Fell off my NFD a little bit yesterday. Mid-afternoon slump coffee was accompanied by a croissant, last night’s delicious risotto by a second helping. Have been trying to keep with my “eat well, but less” routine on NFD but should allow myself a little bit more maybe not to go all out into the other direction. Things should be calmer today and the next FD is coming up tomorrow.

Day 2 Hampshire NFD.

The first fast day, yesterday was bearable. I have just enjoyed my breakfast and am determined to monitor calories on NFDs and have started to look at hula hoops. My hesitation over buying one is whether I will use it consistently. Does anyone have a Hula Hoop DVD that they would recommend?

Day 2 – Bamberg, Germany, FD
    Starting weight: 64 kg, goal weight: 53 kg

Hope to get through this day without failing, the first FD on Monday was extremely hard for me. So I really hope to do better today.

Day 2 – Staffordshire UK-NFD

Out with friends tonight so fast day will have to be tomorrow instead.

Day 2 UK FD

I actually forgot it wasn’t a fast day yesterday and forgot about eating until 2pm. My relationship with food has changed so much! I then just ate a salad with a bit of cheese. Sweet potato curry for dinner, I had two bowls to try and get the calories for the day up but my stomach was not impressed. It has shrunk considerably. I did my hula hooping with my imaginary hula hoop through one song yesterday. It is very difficult to make the same movement for that long. Having a real one to drop must be a relief. It is harder on the knees than anything else which I wasn’t expecting. I did change direction a couple of times for some relief which would have been just about impossible with a real one as one way is definitely easier than the other.

@pamie I am vegetarian, well actually more a failed vegan as cheese is the only non vegan thing I eat. My sister makes chia pudding a lot but I’m not a pudding eater. I have been putting them into savoury food though. They are nice in a stir fry. I did one with parsnip and kale and potatoes with chillies and lemon and mustard and flax seeds as well that was absolutely gorgeous. I ate far too much of that. The seeds added a very interesting texture. I love experimenting with food.

@anna Sophia the first few are always the worst. It does get easier. Hang in there. You can do it:))

Day 2 – Lancashire, UK – FD
    Only my second week of fasting so I know today will be tough but I am getting weighed at SW tonight so that is my focus! Yep, I pay Β£5 a week to get weighed at SW but don’t really follow the plan (although I do try to follow it midweek on my NFD’s)!!

Day 3 March 2 (I started on Feb 28 before I saw this forum so Im hanging onto Feb 28’s FD as my Day 1!) FD. Sydney Australia.
    My second FD this week, with only one NFD in between. This FD much harder than Tuesdays. (Is the second FD in a week always harder??)

But have stuck to my 500 Calories. My work team held a celebration lunch together today at a Thai restaurant, and rather than not attending, I went along and bought a big bottle of sparkling water. Got me through! Didn’t wobble.

Will weigh myself in the morning – I am only weighing on Friday mornings. Success or otherwise on the scales will motivate me to be good on the weekend – or that’s my plan!.

Day 2, NZ, NFD

hi! 29/Stockholm, Sweden.

Yesterday was my fast day. Made a shirataki and vegetable soup and had strawberries with fat free kvarg, along with coffee and tea and a banana. it went really well – the soup is filling so fast days are pretty easy for me.

my issue is keeping on track on my regular days. this month i am going to measure and track better on NFD to hopefully help the weight loss along. my goal also includes walking and weight training.

good luck to all!

DAY 1 – UK – NFD

Final weigh in: 141 lb. (63.95K)

March Target: 137 lbs.

A loss of 4 measly OUNCES this month!!! (8lb.off in Jan).

DAY 2 UK – FD

(Realised I posted day 1 on wrong thread – So sorry AT)

Looking forward to this Month’s challenge. In retrospect, am now very positive about
    my 4 ounce lost last month! I have a feeling I wasn’t eating enough, and that caused weight loss to slow…..will try my new 4:3 tactic this month – and make sure I eat to my tdee other days. Had a good night’s sleep last night….so am feeling really perky
    and ready to roll.

Day 2 Berkshire UK NFD

Yesterday turned into and FD. Not planned but took advantage so that was good. This is how I tend to do it as life is a little haphazard.
    Many thanks AT for the welcome. I think this will help shift the last few pounds!
    Just need to crack the weekend wine. This plateau has to end.

Day 2 -Oxfordshire UK – NFD

All going well.

Day 2 Tas Aus FD

Day 2, Newcastle UK, NFD

Not a great NFD yesterday – over TDEE. Just one of those days. Whereas not so long ago that would have been a big deal, enough to derail me for the rest of the week, I’ve just accepted this is part of normal life. Line drawn, today is a new opportunity.

Welcome to all the newbies – I hope you find, as I did last month, that being part of this group makes a massive difference in your health/weightloss journey. Changing our mindset is just as important as the food choices we make and you’ll find plenty of support and advice on this forum.

@at – thanks for taking the helm πŸ™‚ @lynzm – lovely to see your post this morning along with other familiar names.

Happy Thursday everyone.

Day 2 Kent, UK, FD goal 4 lbs per month(realistic) waist measurement 35 1/2 inches.

Morning Marchonians( over 100 of us, that’s incredible) I had a healthy NFD yesterday, turned down Apple crumble and custard dessert in favour of cheese and apple. Small changes everyday lead to big changes on the scale over one month.

I am only going to read the current page only when posting, sorry guys but ‘time’ is precious, so forgive me if I miss your post or don’t reply to a question. I have my own long term thread ‘Keep fasting with Jojo’ which is a small group, happy to reply to questions on there. I am an experienced faster since January 14, it has been a long journey with lots of ups and downs, serial yoyo dieter. Since September last year I have finally arrived at a consistent plan that works. My WOL(way of life) has changed beyond recognition since retirement and starting fasting.

I try ‘something new’ each month to keep from getting depressed about having to be ‘in control’ permanently. I am an advocate of Jason Fung ‘Obesity Code’ (read it please, it will really help, he also has his lectures on utube) explains ‘insulin resistance’ which is a problem for most dieters and the reason we have failed or yoyo’d in the past. I don’t eat sugar and processed foods. I am a vegetarian
    (pescatarian, eat fish).

So this month I am doing ‘waist exercises’ for 15 mins every day, side stretches (that’s 150 stretches), kettle bell twists(100) and Hula hoop, 5 minutes(8 swivels only managed to start) I wonder if my hoop is too big it’s 42 inch diameter? Anyone else measured theirs, is size an issue? Also I need to choose a different place to do it, not enough space in my bedroom, kept bumping furniture. Knees were not affected though. Check out utube videos for technique and inspiration. I can only get better, I hope?

This week doing 500 cal FD, today and Sat only(did Tues in Feb Challenge) lost 8 lbs in Feb, so very happy. Not weighing until end of this month, real challenge as I have been a daily weigher, I want to stop obsessing about weight and focus on healthy eating and living.

Good Luck everyone

Day 2 UK NFD All going well ,but I’m usually OK through the week , it’s the weekend that are my downfall.Interestingly last month when I relaxed the regime I maintained so I’m sure it’s a balance – making good choices but not obsessing – something I’ll continue to work on . Also going to give kefir a spin

Great reading all the posts some fab advice Lets stay strong x

Day 2 Belfast NFD
    I usually fast on Thurs but am meeting friends so will have a CD and fast tomorrow.
    Jojo the DVD s on YouTube suggest the hoop should be up to your belly button and they say bigger hoops make it easier. Mine is about an inch below. I bought one from Argos but it was way too big – finding somewhere indoors to hula was a problem, so I swapped it for this one, which might be a bit small. I’ll keep persevering.
    Have a good day everyone

Day 2 – Linards, France – NFD

Had a great FD yesterday, I think it helped because of working in the shop so it kept me busy. Was starving buy the end of the day though lol. Managed 9200 odd steps yesterday. The highest in a while.

NFD today and have a home made beef curry in the slow cooker for our evening meal tonight. It is surprising me that I’m not feeling hungry since doing the 5:2 as I calorie counted 2 years ago and I was always thinking of food and my next meal. This is a new way of life for me and although this is only my second week, I’m loving it 😌

Day 2 Brighton, UK FD

My usual way is to do 2 liquid fasts a week amd that is what I will be doing today. Was thinking I might mix that up a bit in coming weeks with 3 fast days but only one of them liquid only.

Stressy work day today again. Taking early retirement in the summer. Bring it on – especially after reading some very positive retirement comments from this thread.

Have a good strong day everyone!

Day 2, London, UK, FD.

Aiming for a liquid fast today, but I have bone broth and soup at the ready just in case!!

Feeling empowered by Sun/Mon b2b (back to back) FDs, so planning to shift to ADF (Alternate Day Fasting) for March, rather than 4:3. I don’t expect it to be easy, but I’ll keep 4:3 as my fall back!!!

@at, you’ve got your work cut out with so many challengers, I’m sure you’ll do an admirable job…… good luck!!

@brightonbelle, have you considered chucking a FD into your weekend? I find NFDs at work easy to control (too embarrassed to scarf down an entire packet of biscuits/cake family sized crisps etc, etc, etc. in front of colleagues!!!!) But I liken the weekend to the memory (it is just a memory now!!) of loosening my belt after a pig-out, in so much as it isn’t mindful, just let it all hang-out, comfortable…..hidden(?). Does, this make sense? I try to include 1 w/end FD because I KNOW the other one won’t have been particularly controlled!!!

Good luck everybody, I hope today goes as well as expected…………..think positively!!!

Day2-Germany-NFD

Yesterday was an excellent fast day. I am happy I could do it after a long time. I have a very good physical feeling today as if my digestive system had a good rest. Today I avoid to eat Sugar again.
    Yesterday I kept a list of things I could eat. That helped me to stay even under 500 calories. I will use this list for all my fast days. That’s a big help.

I am still not sure if I stop daily calories counting 😐 Let me have ur idea πŸ™‚

Day 2 – CARDIFF UK – NFD

Starting Weight : 165.5lbs

Today’s Weight : 164.0lbs

Good FD yesterday to start this challenge, but need to make sure today controlled. I’ll break my fast at lunch so about 41 hours with water and coffee. Planning my meals now for the day with the aid of MFP to help me make balanced choices.

Sunny but a bit breezy here, hope it lasts so I can get out with the dog for half an hour.

Hope you all have a great day.

Day 2 – Brittany, France – NFD

After yesterday’s FD I weighed in this morning at 67.3 kg – the same as my starting weight. Not unhappy with that after pancakes, cake and biscuits on Shrove Tuesday!

Day 2 FD Sydney

Day 2 – Auckland, NZ – NFD

Day 2 London NFD

Had a great FD yesterday! Working in London so plenty of low calorie 5:2 friendly places to get lunch – managed to have a small vegetarian sushi, plus salmon & tuna sashimi at Itsu all for 250 calories.

I met a friend after work for drinks, but managed to stick to sparkling water and 2 x tomato side salad for dinner it was a bit more oil than I would have liked but I think I was still within 500 overall.

My friend was totally unsympathetic and had a burger and chips! How cruel!! But did give me his gherkin which was a small treat when you are eating rabbit food and smelling chips. (But I didn’t mind, we had a lot to catch up on and I was having fun so strangely didn’t feel deprived!)

I have some work drinks tonight so planning to stick to the sparkling water again as we have a wedding to go to this weekend…don’t need the insomnia and bloating that comes with a night of boozing…

Good luck to all on their FDs and NFDs today!

Faye

@ajcaroline I know what you mean – I had 4 pancakes on Shrove Tuesday and very lovely they were! but the next day I thought 4 was probably a bit excessive!!

Day 2, UK, FD

Yesterday was good. Swimming fitness class (AKA Drowning for Fun) was my hour of exercise. I don’t usually enjoy it, but I did it to learn Freestyle properly and it’s finally ‘clicking’. For anyone who finds exercising hard to fit in, I would recommend a swim class to learn or improve – paying for it makes you do it, and it’s not much more than a regular public swim. Or just try to learn something you’ve never done or been good at. Learning new stuff is good for your mental health too. πŸ™‚

Thai Green fish & sweet potato curry last night was fab, and only 600kcal including a smidgen of rice. We should write a collective recipe book!

Day 2, New Zealand, NFD. Way over TDEE seeing as its my birthday. There is also now a lot of chocolate in the house.

2nd post

Hello @Schatzii – glad you had a good day yesterday. The answer to your question about calorie counting on non fast days is completely down to whether it will help you adhere to your chosen calorie goal. In my case, if I were not to write everything down and calorie count I will invariably exceed this figure. I did actually exceed the figure yesterday – but at least I knew by how much and why. Other people choose not to calorie count because they are experienced enough to know their calorie consumption already.

If you haven’t already, go into the Resources button above and do the calculations to find out the level of calories you should not exceed on non fast days TDEE. This is based on the level of exercise you do. Hope that helps but there’s loads of info on the site and @at has included links to helpful information at the beginning of this thread.

Day 2 Surrey UK NFD

Yesterday’s FD was great and unusually I slept really well after it. Doesn’t a good night’s sleep make the world a much nicer place???

I’ve decided I’m going to try 4:3 for March – FDs will be on M,W & F. A bit nervous about that but hey, worth a try eh? Also, aiming to swim after work on Tues & Thurs.

I like @johnnyr‘s idea of a recipe book. Anyone got any clever techy ideas about how we could do that?

Have a good day everyone.

Day 2 – Italy- FD
    My first FD for a long time. This morning went for a long walk and so far so good. Trying to keep busy, I remember that being key…fingers crossed 🀞

Thanks @dykask I have been playing at 5:2 for months but am finally getting serious as I have an un expected trip to the US in early May. More of that story later!

Hi all uk (in Ireland at moment) day 2 nfd but contolled

Not caught up on all posts Internet a bit hit and miss. Welcome to all the newbies. Hula hooping done for the day.

Day 2 USA FD

Day 1 FD Really focused at work where we’re covering for someone who had an injury and we’re not all used to new duties.

Weight on day 1 was 168 lbs and am looking to drop 6 more by the end of the month – less than Feb’s 8. Sounds reasonable.

HB LEW

Good luck Thursday fasters !

Day 2 – Cheshire, UK – FD – so far so good, although it’s only 10,30am! Am going to hold of having anything for as long as I possibly can…

Day 2 – Switzerland – NFD

Had a great FD yesterday, full of determination. Thank you @at for your ‘driving’ encouragement! It’s true, we have to remember that we’re behind the wheel as far as food is concerned, and there are no (er, not many…) excuses!

Happy birthday to LEW and good luck everyone fasting.

@schatziii – I’d definitely second what @s&C said. I’ve tried counting/logging calories and estimating/not logging, and my experience is that if I don’t weigh and measure, and if I don’t write it all down, I don’t lose weight. A whole lifetime of underestimating the calorific content of what I eat means that I’m not that great at guessing, and my self-control is really rubbish if I don’t have to be accountable to myself via MFP. You might be more disciplined, especially if you work out a lot.

Hi @strawberriesandcream,
    Many thanks for your helpful reply. I think I have to stick to my calorie counting based on what u said and posts that u referred. However, I am a bit tired of it and feel bored. I am doing it for around one year. It really helps to keep urself in frame but the negative point for me was that I shifted my attention from healthy eating to numbers. After a while I found myself eating too much sweets within my daily calorie boundry. Now I try to be careful to pay attention to both of them. Later on if I can manage to stick to a 4:3 diet then surely I stop calorie counting on my NFDs.

Day 2 – Perth, W.Aust – NFD
    I’ve just been reading through all the posts and wow aren’t we spread wide and far this month. How good would it be if we could all just do a quick trip around the world and give a hi-5 of encouragement to each of us in person, but I’m afraid you’ll have to settle for a virtual one.
    Together let’s β€œMarch” forward with confidence and determination.

Day 2, Thursday– Colorado USA– FD

Looking forward to this FD. It’s TTOM for me right now so I’m feeling bloated. A FD with extra fluids should help alleviate some of the puffiness. I hope. 😬

Pleased with the consistency of my weight lifting, next step is to add more cardio into my week (as my recovering feet can handle it.)
    I’ve also been good about having one giant salad of mixed greens, veg & tomatoes each day. Good fiber & nutrition there.

Have a great day, Fellow Fasters!

Day 2, Cumbria, FD
    I had a pretty good nfd yesterday, but almost looking forward to fasting today, ready for my weekly weigh in tomorrow morning . I’ve just finished body combat too so feel like I’ve made a good start to the day. Good luck! Xx

Hi @and… exhale
    Good to hear you had a good fasting day too and thanks a lot for ur reply. Actually I exercise 6 days a week but it is not a help for me to eat less πŸ˜€ I need to eat more whenever I work out. That’s another reason for me to continue my calorie counting. Same as you, I tried several times to stop counting but the result was an out of control eating and a constant worry of getting fat. I don’t like this feeling of being obsessed with something. Calorie counting is like a double-edged sword. From psychological point of view it’s not good at all cos it feeds obesession. But to keep in track of weight losing it’s absolutely helpful.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 3,256 total)

You must be logged in to reply.