31 Day March 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
31 Day March 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 3,249 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,651 through 2,700 (of 3,256 total)

• Day 25 – USA – FD 5th day in a row😊

Hey 👋 All,
    I’ve got my warm tea with saffron and stevia, doing pretty well, so far. For the past 2 days I had an avocado at noon time, well below 500 cals. Now I venture into my 5th day. It will be a first for me. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning, after I pee 🤣
    ✨Good Luck and warm hearted 💛wishes to all the members of our group today! ✨😊Y✨

👍✨We got this!✨🎉 Together we are Stronger✨
    @at I love your post
    NON SCALE VICTORIES:
Clothes fit better
More energy
Improved endurance
Sleep quality
Fewer cravings
Feel healthier
    And remember:- It’s not a race it’s a journey!
    @at @coda answering your questions. I am able to take on a support role. I’m not sure about the speadsheet. I know I will have to have dental surgery in April, few days. So don’t think I could handle the spreadsheet. If some else @curlytot ? could do that for April. I will check if there is a spreadsheet I could put on my IPhone 6S though. @at You’ve done so much. It might take 2 of us to fill your shoes. 👠 ✨🌈 @curlytot @coda ✨✨🌈

@krisnia I understand your comment. To me our International group of support is like an oasis for me in a huge time of turmoil. I am very Thankful for our group.
    @lorky35 my and my husbands and my daughters blood pressure
    has gone down since fasting. 😊
    Wonderful Wishes🌈🎉 @coda for you and your twins!💛
    @snowflake56 Thank-you for the very nice comment! I wouldn’t be going on my 5th FD if it wasn’t for our International group of Support!
    ✨👏✨Thank-you! @at and ✨👍✨Thank-you to each member of our group!
    @gopackgo Keep on, keepin’ on! I’ve been drinking more warm tea like you lately and warm water with lemon 🍋 Instead of my fav pear wine.
    @songbirdme Thanks for sharing. Your experience gives me confidence in all the different types of fasting and non fasting combinations.✨👍✨
    Congratulations on your progress✨🎉@onhealthyhigh. I’m wanting to keep going as a great WOL!✨💛
    @steiffieagle Congratulations ✨🎉on your 8 lb. loss, and on DH’s 22 lb loss. I’m thinking that doing fun exercise together is really helping it to be enjoyable💛
    @strawberriesandcream I have had to take happy pills. You might want to check with your physician but things that have been recommended in the group, I have tried and they work; warm lemon water and stevia (or sweetener of your choice) magnesium oil, SLEEP 😴 by Neuro
    @bert1802 I like how you explained people actions and why they are hateful. I agree with you, about the violence and hate in the world these days. Terrible frustrating, aggravating😠 Wishing for Peace for one and All✨🌈✨
    @chumi @cboz I have found fasting,drinking water every half hour and drinking herbal teas along with some healthy moisturizer works for me. When your body goes into fast mode especially by the second day it is burning fat and excess “gunk” ( very unscientific) in our bodies. The end result is much clearer skin.✨It’s getting through the detox period.✨👍

@coda – I’m still good for May 🙂

@erikaa67 – I also love coffee and suffer the dreaded insomnia if I have it in the afternoon. A couple of strategies I have come up with which work OK for me are to just pour half a cup instead of a full cup. Make a cold brew coffee and have it diluted with a little water in the morning (very mellow, and not fully extracted so you can feel it is less caffienated), experiment with using slightly less grounds to make your coffee and I’ve also tried mixing half my usual grounds with half good quality swiss method decaff (this obviously doesn’t taste the same at all so if you are in any way coffee connoisseur feel free to reject that idea!)

Day 24 NFD St. Louis USA
    weight this morning 143.8 So met goal for month of losing 5 lbs. Yay! I realize this this morning after fast so need to maintain this. Still want to lose another 7 pounds. Hoping there is another one in April challenges. I think that was super helpful. Love all the tips and support.

@okeydokie thank you for Guidance on copy and paste thing on my I phone 6+. I still had to work with her a bit but I think I got it.

@fayefaye. I love my morning coffee and you have refused to give it up. I am diligent in other areas so for now I’m sticking with it. On nonfast days, I have a bit of half-and-half in my coffee. On fast days I make a latte using a French press and skim milk. One thing I have indulged myself as I’ve tried to cut back on the caffeine, is to buy it ground from Starbucks and ask them to mix it half calf and half regular. I even have a bag for fast days that’s ground for the French press and a separate bag for non-fast days for my little drip pot. I realize it may be a bit of an extravagance and luxury but I’m pretty frugal in other areas. I have lived for years without coffee and then I start drinking it again. I have found as I’ve gotten older one or 2 cups a day is all my mature bladder can handle, not to mention the problem with insomnia if I drink too much too late in the day.

Good luck to all you fasters. I’ll be back with you on Monday. These Monday and Thursday fast days are working out quite well for me.

Day 24 West Midlands, U.K. …NFD

Day 3 for me.

Had a good FD yesterday and enjoying a NFD today. At least I’m not eating everything in sight. 😂😂

2nd post

I have restricted myself to only drinking coffee in the morning in an attempt to sleep better. I have been falling asleep a bit earlier but I also wake earlier and so have coffee earlier… I love it, even just the instant I use made up really strong and black. I used to get too many palpitations when I used a coffee maker for the good stuff.

Well done reaching maintenance @fayefaye🙂

I decided to cook dinner early again and not eat until it was ready. I made a dhal, my first ever but it won’t be the last. I don’t know if it was really so delicious or if my taste buds have just become super sensitive but I am very pleased with it. So tasty! I had no idea carrots are so sweet. No wonder rabbits love them so much! And I get seconds as that will be the rest of the 800:) I again crammed in as many veggies as I could to maximise nutrients. I will try and write down the recipe if anyone is interested. I never use recipes myself. I love creating new food. I am feeling good and full and it wasn’t even very much food. I would previously have had more just for the taste of it, big pig that I was. But then it wouldn’t have tasted so marvellous. This way is better.

2d post
    I might have shared this before, but I’m seeing all these posts about people struggling with sleep. I use a lovely little app on my phone called the Insight Timer. It has a gold bowl with a black background. I think there is a cost but less than five dollars or six max. It has a whole lot of meditations, talks, etc. I really like the ones for sleep, particularly the yoga nidra. However if you use those you need to listen to them first as some have a bell at the end that might wake you up. There are a lot of other meditations to help you sleep. I also like to use it in the morning to start the day. It’s particularly useful if I have had unrestful sleep or had to get up and go to the bathroom and difficulty getting back to sleep. It literally has thousands of choices. I believe it’s available for iPhone and android. In my work I’m a psychotherapist and I’ve recommended it to many of my clients who struggle with insomnia. Hoping it might help some of you. I just am a big crab if I go for more than a night or two without sleeping well. I think it would make my fasting more difficult too.

Day 24 – Cumbria Uk – NFD

A beautiful sunny day here – went for a walk with my Friday group in the Great Langdale – gorgeous views with some snow still on the Pikes – large group of both walkers and runners today – the good weather brought everyone out!

Unfortunately my bad left knee has started playing up again…….hopefully it settles soon. I have been baking this afternoon for a craft fair tomorrow – as I’m not available to help I had promised to make a gluten free chocolate brownie and Nigella’s banana bread – the house has been smelling wonderful!!! I have been very restrained as I’m out again tonight.

I will have to do a FD tomorrow – I’m at a Yoga Workshop 1000-1600hrs and we are given a light vegetarian meal at lunch time which will come below 500cals so should be very doable and weight for the week will be Sunday morning

@coda – I think that @curlytot had originally said she would do April but as she has not posted since 17/3 and she has not responded to my post from yesterday not sure that she will be available to cover???

I have glimpsed through the posts as I updated the spreadsheet but will not have time to respond today – thank you to all those kind words about my covering the March Challenge, I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and although it has been a bit of challenge staying on top of everything it has been lovely reading all the posts and it’s great to see so many sharing and supporting each other.

@goldensun – you are very welcomed – have a great holiday and will catch up in the April Challenge again xx

@goldenheart – never too late – join us for this last week and then join the April Challenge fully – if you are new to all this – read my first post at the top of Page 1 and I would suggest also @coda‘s at the top of Page 2. Start logging in tomorrow …….

Great work by all those who are achieving their goals and some even breaking them

Anyone out there struggling – stay strong and positive – you will get there!!! We all have different paths to the end goal – You cannot change yesterday but you can change today and tomorrow!

7 more days to go after today……..Time enough to make a difference………

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kL93kkUot0oXrRu_9eVmWZIH2MXqlzsTYhylj4kZ43U/edit?usp=sharing

SETBACKS are just SETUPS for COMEBACKS!

hi just me again

@sirisan – I actually just downloaded this today (free) gold bowl white background though hopefully its the same one. I had written it down from your previous post as it sounded interesting.

@pissupoosa – thanks 🙂

Really a spread sheet can just be used to list names alphabetically and then just tick names off each day.You can keep it as simple as you like, you don’t even need to share it, I actually didn’t know you could lol. A roll call was used as it encouraged people to be accountable as someone was keeping an eye on them. It also showed who signed up to the challenge and who completed it at the end. Whether they reached any goals set or not if they were still here at the end – they were winners. Not sure if the fall out rate was as high this month @at? But not all have stayed the course and will complete the challenge. If you are still here on 31 March 2017 you have completed the challenge for March. Hopefully you learnt something along the way. This month’s challenge seemed to be more popular than previous ones going by the numbers who signed up but the proof is at the end.

Day 25 – NZ – NFD

Day 24 – SW WA USA – NFD

Treated myself to a croissant with dark chocolate with my morning coffee so may not quite be a 16:8 today. This is my one conference treat.

GoldenSun – enjoy Malaga. I’ve enjoyed living in the Canary Islands a couple of years & visited a few more parts of Spain. Have not had the pleasure of getting to know Malaga. I’ll enjoy hearing about it through your eyes.

Fayefaye – congrats on reaching maintenance. There were a couple more but don’t have notes taken. I’m happy for you all. You give hope to the rest of us.

2nd post 🌈

Hi @snowflake56 my drawer of will power is going very well and working as it should. It has increased in size, it’s sort of a mind trick, instead of saying no to something I really want or something someone has bought me I accept and put it in my drawer for later, for Lent I gave up sweets, chocolate and crisps. I have not cheated once!

My drawer is at work as have a few chocolates all wrapped up, some love heart sweets, a little pack of biscuits and some chews. It’s at work and everyday I open it and I am 1. Proud I was able to resist and 2. Know that I can have it after Lent and on my NFDs if I want 3. I also know they at not going to vanish so can eat at leisure and not stuff all in one go. 4. Reminds me that I can resist and I do have willpower! This is the most valuable lesson, I can stick to something if I really want to.

Thanks for asking, hope you are ok! Xxx sending good thoughts and love ❤️

Day 24 – 5th FD✨
    Hey 👋 All,
    I watched a video, where a doctor (can get his name if you need it.) said, “Every time our stomach has hunger pains, our brains are growing neurons and we are getting smarter!” It has to do with survival. I try to remember that daily; while fasting and on NFD’s as well.✨

@sirisan 😊✨you are welcome! I saved the directions for copy and paste for our Pocketeers list!👍✨incase you or any other group members would need them.
    ✨Together we really are Stronger.👍😊
    @at A gluten free chocolate brownie? I can smell it from here😊💛Brownies and ice cream 2 things I 💛But I know better not to eat them right now. When I’m in maintenance though I will find away to fit them in.🤣
    @at @coda ✨I am able to create a spreadsheet on Apple phone. I can save it. Just don’t know how to provide a link to it for the group. Do you have Insights and information on providing a link and sharing with the group?✨
    I haven’t used excel for a while… it was fun. If people can have patience with me during my dental and possibly jaw surgery. I can do it! ✨😊✨After all I’ll be stationary for a while.✨That should give me some time. ✨👍😊

Day 24- Montreal-NFD

2nd post

Successful FD today, in bed now so no chance of food temptations until the morning. Hopefully i wont wake up overnight. Looking forward to a hearty breakfast though.

@okeydokey can I have the doctors name please? I love the fasting and neuron growth connection! It is part of the reason why i started FDs as I suffer from brain fog and am hoping to improve. So far I *think* it has helped but will need more time on 5:2 to really be sure.

Day 25/NFD/Melbourne, Australia

Good morning all from an overcast, cool and windy Melbourne. The mornings are drawing in now that Autumn has arrived. Lying in bed, catching up on posts, reading the newspaper, listening to the Currawong (Australian magpie) singing outside my bedroom window and savouring my only coffee for the day – one of life’s pleasures. Nothing would induce me to give it up.

Thoughts on the 800 calorie experiment.

Positives – Definitely found it easy to follow in the short term. Years of practicing fasting probably helped. I was afraid it would tip me over into a diet mentality having to count calories each day. Surprisingly the strategies I’m using to control portions, and the Mediterranean focus I’ve adopted meant I didn’t have to switch to meticulously counting calories to stay under 800. Counting calories and points always lead to food obsessions in the past and ended all diets I’d been on. I know 5 days isn’t very long but I also recognise how I felt following other diets. This was quite a relaxing experience.

Negatives – The scales didn’t budge. Not a flicker up or down. On the original 5:2 I average 1 pound a week – noticeable after the second fast day. I never felt the lightness following a fast day, probably because I had to switch to two meals a day to consume 800 calories. Eating 800 calories upset the balance of fasting to eating. It didn’t feel like a fast despite Dr Ms reassurance.

What I love about the 5:2 way of eating is it doesn’t feel like a diet. It’s helped me switch to a very healthy and sustainable lifestyle. I love the flexibility. I wish all of my fellow 800 experimenters all the best with this way of eating. It certainly seems to be working for you. Definitely will recommend giving it a try if you need to tweak the 5:2 but it’s not for me.

Experiments have shown that those who feel happy when they exercise make healthier food choices. Happy exercisers are less likely to reach for a chocolate bar!

Stay happy everyone.

3rd post

@onahealthyhigh ✨Good morning to you☀️I hope your day goes well👍✨
    @dykask The photos are beautiful. You live in a very✨beautiful place 😊
    @flourbaby ✨You did it!!!✨I weigh myself tomorrow and hopefully✨I’ll be doing the Happy Dance 💃 with ✨you, also.😊
    @georgia83 The information was from a TED Talk, @ John’s Hopkins University. Because that is a Medical University… Mark Mattson is the speaker. Because he was speaking at a Medical University. My thought was he’s a doctor. But maybe not.
    Comment of the video:
    Maryth R: Hungry animals due to fasting or exercise get smarter to look for food. Physical and psychological challenges stimulates the production of “neurotrophic factor” (which helps with the production of new neurons etc.)
    Fasting also helps with Inflammation.
    The link to the video is:
    https://youtu.be/4UkZAwKoCP8
    I hope you will be able to access the video.

Day 25 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 79kg

Some places in Japan are beautiful, but I wouldn’t call most of Tokyo beautiful. Very functional but not as pretty as many cities around the world. However Tokyo is very clean compared to most big cities.

I still planning on a long fast > 72 hours … we’ll see how it works. Even if it doesn’t work out I’m going to be pushing a least a good fast in there. My real goal is to push me deep into ketosis and burn off maybe 500g of fat! Hopefully mostly from my middle!

I’m kind of rushed so only skimmed posts. I love @at summary posts! I often read them and find out there is something I missed!

Second post –
    Planning my first b2b for Sunday/Monday! Hoping to also do FDs on W & F next week as OH is away all week for conference. I’m hoping that combo can get me at least back to where I started March at 137. I may resort to some ‘healthy’ (low sugar/low sodium) microwave meals next week to keep to 500 cals while cooking only for kids.

Day 23 NFD Australia
    Day 24 NFD Australia
    Day 25 NFD Australia

My first week without a fast since I jumped on this train. Just couldn’t do it this week as I’ve spent the week selling everything I own (my entire apartment), and packing what can fit into my station wagon. It’s been physically and emotionally exhausting, but I’ve done it. Heading interstate to a new life and will resume then.

Day 25 – Germany – NFD

DAY 25 – UK – NFD

Day 25, Germany, FD

@lynzm As children we all got a tin box for the sweets we were getting for Lent. At Easter we ate everything at once. I really admire you, I’m sure I still would eat everything at once, I can’t just eat one biscuit or a small piece of chocolate, when I start I can’t stop, so I know it’s best not to eat it al all. I don’t miss eating it and can watch others eating sweets.

My “S” is still lost and the muscles in my left hand still don’t get the signal to hold on to things, so when I’m not concentrating on my handmuscles, I let loose and things fall down. The cat had a great moment yesterday. I wanted to give him some fish, got the box where the fish was in out of the fridge, looked at the cat, lost attention on the handmuscles, box fell down, lid fell off, fish fell out, cat jumped on the fish, happy cat. It was really funny, like slapstick. Hugs xx

@okeydokey I want to get smarter, but do I want to get smarter to look for food??? I’m quite smart hunting for food, just think of chocolate Easter eggs.

Take care everyone

Day 25 Oman NFD
    Doing 16:8 today

Day 25 UK F800

I didn’t mean to weigh myself this morning but it just sort of happened. And the scales were nice! 203lbs down from 206.4lbs on Tuesday. And my waist is down to 34 inches, which is half my height, and so heading into much healthier territory. So this experiment has definitely been a success although it is possible that I still would have lost weight doing ADF. This way I actually eat one more meal every two days but they are smaller portions. It feels easier and I still get a twenty hour full fast in every day so it certainly is still fasting. I don’t want to commit to a full eight weeks but I will try to keep it up until the end of the month to be sure of reaching my March goal of getting under 200lbs. I would certainly recommend this to people struggling to complete fast days. The increase to 800 made the difference between success and failure to me.

The thing about fasting making more neurons is interesting. I have noted an increasing ability to remember new vocabulary and its spelling in my language learning. I am making another attempt at Welsh and am making much more progress this time. I am having less trouble seeing the sentence structure as a whole and in recalling the way the letters are pronounced differently. And I am adding new vocabulary to other languages more rapidly too I am certain. And people speaking other languages seem to have slowed down too. There seems to be enough time for me to work out what they mean.

The honeymooning rabbits had not murdered each other overnight but the one group made a good attempt at it yesterday morning after I let them out. The sight of the neighbours made Henry get overexcited and attack Zephyr so I had to step in and separate a rolling ball of kicking biting fluffsters. At one point Zephyr sank his teeth into my glove and was dangling from it! Admittedly it must have smelled of other rabbits so he thought it was another rabbit joining in with the fight. The two naughty boys then accompanied me around in a carrier for the next few hours before I put them into a cage in the conservatory with Birch who had stayed well out of it. They have been fine since. The whole thing was my fault for putting them outside too soon. They didn’t know each other well enough to cope with having neighbours get agressive with them without turning on each other. But I had new boy Henry pegged as a quiet little old chap, not the excitable little livewire he now turns out to be. I know the others well enough to know they wouldn’t have started anything like that. And I needed the stable in the barn that they were in for some visiting rabbits.

Day 25 Australia NFD

March 25, Day 25, NFD, Sydney Australia
    FD tomorrow March 26. Doing ok. Almost a bit sad that end of March and the Challenge is in sight. Who would have thought??!
    Its been so helpful having everyone involved and all working to a shared set of goals.

second post today. Catching up on posts as have been offline for two days. A smile when I read @lorky35 calling her scales Cruella and putting her away in the closet. Take control! Love it!

Day 25 – Brittany, France – NFD

Weight after yesterday’s FD: 67.2 kg.

Day 25 Glasgow NFD

Day 25 Oxfordshire NFD

Only six more days (including today). It has been such a help to have this thread to keep me focussed. I’m even excited about the final weigh in.

Day 25 – Staffordshire UK-nfd

Another new notch on my belt 😸

Day 25 Portugal NFD
    61.4kg
    Yesterday was also NFD but only ate about 800cal. It was so good to eat something hot and nutritious after a couple of days of yoghurt and yoghurt shakes. Feeling much better but gums still a little tender. Today I will probably not feel like eating too much either so will try to keep calories low. Would be nice to get through the weekend without putting weight on! That’s my goal.
    Weight loss is happening very slowly and steadily. I actually can’t believe I have lost about 9kg since October when I started. I think the last 3 or4 kg could be the hardest to lose.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

That should be 7 more days including today. ,!

Day 25 UK NFD

@monkeydo best wishes for your new beginnings
    @snowflake haha at least the fish was intended for the cat and not for your dinner
    @fatrabbit well done – you are getting very close to the 200 mark now. Rabbit dynamics are fascinating.

Chinese meal last night but made quite careful low carb choices, damage was done but nothing irreversible over the next few days. Feeling good at my lowest weight for about 8 years. I tried on 10 year old slim fitting size 14 coat that has been unwearable and it fits perfectly. I can get my padded walking trousers on and off without undoing them and are just too baggy now. Just ordered a pair in a lower size. It has taken 7 months to get this far but I am so happy I started, found the forum which helped to shake me out my complacency and continued.

Wherever you are in the world, I hope your weekend is good for you.

Day 25 : Cheshire, UK : NFD

We travelled from Malaga to Antequerra. Not very touristy. It was cold and overcast yesterday but the sun is shining today. Just checking in.

xoxo

Day 24 – CARDIFF UK – NFD

Starting Weight : 165.5lbs

Today’s Weight : 161.4lbs (4.1 lb) March Target 8. 5lbs

Another food FD yesterday and seem to have turned last week’s gain back around and feeling more in control.

March target is out of reach, but I’ll be happy if I end the month back to having regular losses and successful FD. Need to keep today controlled.

Good luck everyone whether feasting or fasting.

Day 25 – Queensland, Australia – NFD

Thanks everyone for all your kind words for me making it to maintenance! I hope you all are getting to your goals, too!

Day 25, London, UK, NFD.

Good FD yesterday so looking forward to todays NFD although I had thought about swapping things around because tomorrow is Mothers’ Day. I’m going to give myself a break and have 2 NFDs (16:8 minimum) in a row, so I’ll be looking forward to Mondays FD (who’d have thought it!!!).

Good luck everybody.

Day 25, Newcastle UK, NFD 🙂

@fatrabbit, @coda, @flourbaby, @okeydokey, @snowflake56 – thanks for your kind words of support and suggestions. A visit to Holland & Barrett today is in order. I’ll also explore the Insight Timer app and will be interested in hearing results from the sleep aid @erikaa67 – when you’ve had time to try them out. As @bert1802 said, the state of the world in general has been getting me down – along with seeing the UK gradually turn into an open landfill site. The amount of litter on verges, roundabouts, in hedgerows, trees and roads is well beyond a joke and if it is spoiling my enjoyment of our environment then it is doing the same for all like-minded people. On top of all that, the state of our NHS with stories of people dying in corridors really sent me over the edge in the direction of the GP for happy pills. They are doing their job – I am able to look at these problems more objectively and since I got involved in kicking off a huge litter cleanup project with our local council – at least I feel like I’m doing something vs feeling completely hopeless as I did before.

Congratulations to @fayefaye, @lindasue, @micheleas and & Sarah57 on your various successes. Thanks to dykask for the lovely, heartlifting photos. You have reminded me that OH and I should make a visit to Alnwick Gardens to see the cherry orchard in full bloom. @goldensun – hope you have a super holiday – you’re in a special part of the world down there in Southern Spain. @bert1802 – I finally stopped trying to rationalise any of my mother in law’s actions/words when I accepted that none of it was her. So difficult, but it helped me cope. @chumi & @cboz – as @okeydokey as sensibly advised, your body is starting to detox, so have patience and let it do its job – and don’t squeeze. All that does is encourage your skin cells to produce more antibodies (the yuck stuff), hence more spots. @lynzm – I love your drawer of willpower – what a great tool and also can be used by others as a visual. And @at – I’m in awe of your spreadsheet skills – you’ve certainly set a high bar!!!

And finally – the news you’ve all been waiting for…….. Tah dah!!!!
    Results of 5 days @ 800 calories:
    a) I found it easy to do for the five days and have really enjoyed it. I could feel changes happening weightwise and I am not disappointed this morning. 9st. 11.5lbs – 0.5lb under my March goal of 9st. 12lb. 2.5lbs loss since my last weigh-in 8 days ago.
    b) I would not want to do it for longer than 5 days at a time – I’m really looking forward to my weekend treat of real ale & salted nuts this afternoon but will also ensure I have an otherwise controlled two NFD days.
    c) I don’t have too much further to go to reach goal of 9st 7lbs (maybe a further 2lbs depending on how I feel when I get there). My aim was to reach goal by the time we go on our cruise at the beginning of May. So I intend to go 4:3 next week on 800 cals vs 500 and stick with 16:8 which suits me well.
    d) My eating pattern over the 5 days went like this: After midday I would have a meal of around 350 – 400 calories, I would use around 100 calories of milk in morning tea and decaf coffee in the afternoon. Used Marigold Bouillon for a couple of tasty stock drinks – 12 calories each and then had a remaining meal around 5.30pm with whatever calories I had left. I used 3 of the Aldi low calorie meals which I can thoroughly recommend on 3 days.

@fatrabbit – I’m delighted to hear you’ve had a successful week on this regime and it has given you the boost you needed. Love your rabbit tales – you’ve definitely got the makings of a book/s there. And, yes, would appreciate your dhal recipe please.
    @onahealthyhigh – read your account with interest – maybe the scales will show a result tomorrow as others have found after fasting.

Thanks all my fellow experimenters aka guineapigs – I’ve thoroughly enjoyed your company this week and look forward to hearing from @redrockgirl and @coda on your results.

Have a super weekend friends.

Day 25, Germany,NFD

Day 24, FD
    Day 23, NFD

Happy weekend friends 🙂

I feel like I am more comfortable with 4:3 rather than 5:2 👌🏻😉

Day 25 Maine NFD

Hitting the road today – will take our time getting back to Maine – where 5″ of snow fell last night! Hoping it’d be Spring upon return, but Mother Nature thinks otherwise!

Will check out all your posts tonight – bed time stories!

Make it a super weekend everyone & congrats to all you “losers”!

Day 25 / UK / NFD (65.9kg)

After a not-easy FD and generally a week deep in a cloud of thoughts, someone may have finally stepped off the plateau! I had peeked on the scales over the last few days realising that, at the very least, my plateau was stable in both directions: besides not losing, I also wasn’t gaining much even after indulging days. Eager to see how things will continue, excited to have, for once, the successful completion of a challenge in my sights. Reading about the journeys of so many of you who have been on this train longer is a great inpsiration, thank you!

Have a sunny weekend everyone, onwards and downwards, upwards only towards the sunshine!

Day 25 UK NFD 🌈

Had a day of eating yesterday, felt hungry all during the day, so ate, but healthy choices. And then went out for dinner couldn’t finish it all and no dessert. Should have kept to my Fasting all day and enjoyed the lovely evening meal. Note for next time.

However I am quite happy about it as it was healthy eating I ate when hungry and was able to stop when full at the meal, just timing would have been better, however when I have no meal plans this is good to know. My body is adjusting.

I love the way this way of life is teaching me about myself and my body, how I react to certain foods, what willpower I have when I make the effort, sometimes it scales u get results and sometimes it’s clothes, or just in general the way u feel. Learn something new every month. The better I do the more effort I make.

Have a good day all, I have been to the gym, now doing housework, taking my mum out later for a cream tea. Had scrambled eggs that will tie me over till cream tea, going to enjoy it.

😘

Day 25 USA (Illinois) – NFD

Maintaining 160.2 this morning. That is good for me after a normal NFD and gym Silver Sneakers time. Today will be a challenge – funeral late morning then their lunch, going from there to an afternoon birthday party. It will be lots of mingling time, and I will do my best not to graze at either place!

Day 24-Chester UK-NFD
    Day 25-Chester UK- NFD

Thanks to all the people who have been feeding back re the 800 calls trial. I can’t see myself doing that at the minute as I’m just too hmgry when I wake up after 500 cals. I might give the Aldi low cal meals a try as though.

Scales were good this morning- another 2 lbs lost, making 6 so far for March. My aim was 8 but if keep the 6 I’ll count myself lucky. Birthday meal out tonight with friends, Mother’s Day family lunch tomorrow and I’m taking trifle and cheesecake (my family love desserts and it’s fair to say we’re all on the well-padded scale!) I’ve also bought fresh strawberries- here’s hoping my willpower is up to the job. Next week we’re away in a holiday cottage so planning on trying for 1 fast day on Tuesday, with possibly another at some point. The only saving grace is we should do lots of walking up and down hills. If I can’t fit another FD in I’ll do 4:3 the following week.

Can’t believe March is coming to an end. The myriad of people from all over the world giving each other support is absolutely amazing. Thank you all for your help and tales of home – before turning from a lurker in Jan and Feb to a contributor in March I was in serious danger of falling off the wagon. Now I’m firmly back on and the scales are showing it. 😀

Day 25 USA-FD
    Still checking out the ADF and liking it. Taking a Zumba class this morning, which is a fun way to burn calories! Happy Saturday, everyone. I hope the day is going well for Saturday fasters. I always find the weekends more challenging.

Day 25…..Florida…..NFD

Oh my gosh, I did it! I got through all the posts! I really was worried I wouldn’t make it.

I’m glad to be home and thankful, I have today off. My home is in a state of unrest right now. It hates to be messy plus I’m really tired of hitting my toes on the suitcase that sits in the middle of my bedroom. Damn thing got me last night, when I tried to use the loo!

I did although I probably should not have, I weighed myself. Sat are my normal weigh in days. I feel pretty good, I’ve lost 2 of the lbs I gain while away but still disappointed that I have to take them off again.

So after weighing myself, I got to thinking about this new 800 calorie thing. I was wondering if the lot that is trying it could answer a couple questions.
    1. Is it just like 5:2, 500 calories on two days a week, then regular calories on the others days or is it 800 calories 5 days a week and regular for the other two?
    2. Did you feel anxious adding 300 extra calories?

I read the link some of you provided. I wish there were more details in the article it’s self. So all though I want to give it ago, I’m a bit apprehensive not having more details. Before I even started 5:2, I spent days researching this diet. I mean, I read and watched everything that had to do with it. So, when the article didn’t have much detail, it did scare me a bit. Any additional info you can give me would be great! Thank you!

Songbird….. To be fair, my mom probably does like me more than my sister…… Not to be mean but my mom probably should have never had kids. I think the only reason she did was because of the pressures of society. At the time, my brothers and sister were born, that’s what women did got married and had babies. When she was in her right mind, she’s told us that kids were not her thing and it still shows today with her grand kids and great grand kids. Now, I’m a whole other story, I was never meant to be here and that is the main reason she never raised me. She divorced my older siblings father and moved clear across the country. She had an affair with a married man and tada I was born. I think the only reason, she’s more open with me, is because I’m more of a stranger than a daughter. If that makes any sense, plus I won’t take any of her bullshit.
    I came to terms years ago, with what happened as a child, but I also learned that I can I cannot take on her burden of regret, anger and hostility surrounding my existence. I also developed a skill where I won’t allow her to put it all on my doorstep and I’m overall protective of that doorstep, so I bite when she comes close.

Now don’t get me wrong, she still is my mother and I will always do what is right in the terms of taking care of her in her time of need. But since our relationship is different something’s I think come easier for her to give me such a personal information because I don’t have an emotional relationship with her.

I also give my sister, 100% of the credit here. I sure do love that women with everything I have not only because she helped my sister Janet raise me but she is the one that no matter what’s going on with her life, has always even to this day told me how proud she is of me and that no matter what I am loved….

Okay well that just spilled out….. don’t you hate when that happens!

I’m sure your allbored of me right now, So, I’m off to get my house in order!

Peace be with you!

Day 25|Toronto|CD-NFD
    84.4 K this am after yesterday’s FD; under a 85.2 K plateau I have lived on for a while.
    Best to all with special thanks to @at for the facilitation and “SETBACKS are just SETUPS for COMEBACKS!”…useful words on many levels.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,651 through 2,700 (of 3,256 total)

You must be logged in to reply.