31 Day March 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
31 Day March 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 3,249 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,701 through 2,750 (of 3,256 total)

• Day 25: Another NFD in Gloucestershire, UK:
    A beautiful spring day here. I wish my mental state was the same!!!

Day 25 – USA – NFD

I switched my FD to yesterday and decided to weigh myself today…that Cruella is a fickle one! 184 lbs. – down 2 lbs. since last week, even with 1 messed-up fast day that turned into NFD. The only thing I can attribute it to besides dumb luck is that I stuck to 16:8 and had a much lower carb intake (except for the messed up fast day). I felt kind of queasy and wondered if it had to do with the “flu” that people mention when they switch to lower carb, higher healthy fat? Dunno, but I’ll keep plugging away and see if I can reach my goals by the end of the month. @monkeydo, take good care of yourself! @saffy420, congratulations on your success! @bert1802, hugs to you xo.

Day 25, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Hello all,

Well, here is the update on the 800 cal for me:

I lost 2.1 pounds during these 5 days of 800 cal. I already mentioned that I found it quite easy and I did stick with it. This is the important thing with me. It needs to be doable. I did not eat any refined sugar, stuck with a Mediterranean diet, even had sometimes a somewhat difficult time eating healthy 800 cal. I was satisfied and it did not feel deprived. This said, I will do 2 NFDs, controlled with no sugar. Then I will continue with another 5 days @ 800 cal till the end of the challenge.

@coda, @fatrabbit, @strawberriesandcream, @onahealthyhigh: it was fun being “guinea pigs” 🐹 together.

@bert1802: 800 cal every day for an extended time according to Dr. M in his Blood Sugar Diet (BSD) book. But I do 5 days BDS and 2 NFDs but within my TDEE for now.

Have a great Saturday!!! 😊😊😊

Day 25–MA, USA–NFD

Day 25, FD, USA
    First off: thank you to all of you lovely ladies who gave me much needed sleep advice. Honestly, I didn’t realize the insomnia on FD was due to caffeine, since I only have two cups, but now I know it’s the caffeine indeed. Less fuel inside of my body on FD means the caffeine is more active (duh), so that second cup knocked me over the edge, even if it was before 2:00pm. So, indeed, I will switch to a high quality decaf (I’m such a coffee snob) on FDs — and warm water and lemon and bone broth the rest of the day, which is on my lap now. That’s just something else to look forward to the next day (Yes, I can have it tomorrow!)

Strawberriesandcream: I haven’t tried the sleep app, but will tonight, as I want this WOL to work, because that night I never actually fell asleep was horrible and we’re all working out ways for ourselves to make our lives healthier and richer. So, I will buy the sleep app and a very luxurious decaf coffee! btw, congrats on your weight loss.

So, yes LynZ: this has been a valuable learning experience about how best my body works, indeed. I’m also realizing of late that dairy bloats me big time, now that perimenopausal bells are ringing, so trying to lessen that greatly and ffeel better.

Krisnia: I, too, am loving the AFD, (well you know, not loving it), as it has been working very well for me. Eating one day, fasting the next and repeat has become routine and honestly, I don’t think about it as much as I did with 5:2, when i was scheduling the FD days, then rescheduling. And I like having a FD on the weekend.

Finish line in sight at the end of March is motivating and look forward to the moment of truth on the scale.

Day 25 NFD St. Louis USA
    I am still reading through the post and I think I’ll add another comment when I’m finished I want to be able to make notes. I’m considering adding a third fast day using the 800 cal and keeping my two 500 calorie fast day. Since I’m new here I want to see how things go with 5/2 first. I was using the AlterNet fast day way of life a few years ago, lost weight but then got off track. I’m hoping this forum might help me stay motivated and adding then additional fast day using 800 cal might help as well.

Wishing all a good day, fast or non-fast alike.

Day 25 – SW WA USA – NFD

Last day of conference. Planning on another 16:8. We’ll see what the scales say when I get home.

Fatrabbit – enjoying your rabbit stories. Congrats on your success with the 800 Version.

Day 25, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Today’s weight 141.4, below goal weight of 145.

Rained all night, nice gentle rain that had the flower beds saying, ahhh that feels good. A nice warm shower. Had a great day yesterday, bought some summer bulbs for the yard (caladiums, elephant ears and bright yellow Stella d’Oro lilies – will be buying plants each week I am sure), lots of healthy foods and topped it all off with a yummy Mexican meal (chalupa, Mexican rice and cheese enchilada) – lots of chips and salsa, of course. Two big glasses of lemon water.

Came home and exercise for about an hour.

Getting ready to make breakfast – for him waffles, bacon and part of my healthy smoothie. For me a smoothie made of fresh strawberries, blueberries, banana, baby spinach leaves, plain Greek yogurt, almond milk, flax seed and crushed ice.

Hope everybody is doing well, hang in there.

Day 24, Oceanside CA, NFD
    Day 25, Oceanside CA, NFD
    Day 26, Oceanside CA, NFD

Weekends are for just a bit more relaxation in the Fast 5:2 world. Always enjoy our regular sugarfree, low carb, menus with the occasional piece of birthday cake when grandchildren visit.

Lots of time for long walks and enjoying the early spring beach weather. Sunshine gives us all a wonderful optimistic lift.

Thankyou to all who commented on reaching my weight goal. I had maintained for one year and lost the final 8 pounds with the Fast 5:2. There may be more in the weeks and months ahead. Healthy eating is the overall goal for long lasting health.

On to the next FD on Monday as we finish up our March challenge.

Gosh, so many of you are doing really well, reaching your goals for March and so many others are on maintenance from now on. Hope to join the maintainers soon.

@okeydokey you’re almost there, no doubt you had no troubles on your 5th FD.

We still have a few days left, so I hope all the ones struggling will have easier days from now on.

Take care!

Day 25 – FIN – NFD

Thank you for your feedback, tips and encouragement, @scs @okeydokey and @strawberriesandcream ! I try to make sure to drink plenty of water, but there’s probably always room for improvement on that front. As mentioned, I feel like the recent skin changes (for the worse) are not necessarily only due to 5:2. I will also do my best to get rid of my bad habit of squeezing, as I know it will cause me increasingly more harm as I get older.

Today I went to a local gym – they are celebrating their 10-year anniversary, so joining the gym for a week only cost 10 €. I went on two back-to-back passes (called body combat (inspired by martial arts) and TSG (thighs, stomach and buttocks – it targets “problem areas” for women)) and am still, not so surprisingly, feeling somewhat exhausted. I will go on a yoga&pilates inspired class tomorrow and try aerial yoga on Monday (which will be interesting as that also is a fast day).

Hello
    Will you be doing an April challenge?
    I have just signed up & would love the support.
    Thanks

2nd post

@bert1802. The full BSD is 800 calories every day, no complex carbs, eating a Mediterranean diet. But it can also be applied to the 5/2 model (or ADF, or 4/3 etc) by eating 800 calories instead of 500 but starting the evening before by having an early dinner and then holding of to break the fast as late as possible to maximise the time spent on a full fast. And no naughty calories allowed. The whole 800 should be healthy low carb Mediterranean type food, but using healthy fats as part of it is fine, whole milk, butter, avocado, olive oil etc. And fruit should be less sugary types apples, pears, berries ok but not exotic fruit like pineapple, mango etc. I have been trialing the full version as I was fed up of being stuck on a plateau and have found it surprisingly easy to stick to but I had already done the transition to low carbs which is the hardest bit as the dratted things really are addictive. He made the point in the article that losing weight faster works better and after feeling so downhearted on that dratted plateau I completely agree. It is much easier to fight off hunger when you are sure it is working. I had been struggling to keep to the 500 on the plateau so the extra 300 was a great relief and was the difference between success and failure, between feeling rotten and feeling good. I had noticed from the books that the figure of 500 was somewhat random as they never tested any other values so changing it to something more sustainable seems sensible. 500 is not a magic number where it all starts working. Much of the benefit is from the periods spent not eating so the exact amount is not as critical as the pattern itself.
    Your mother sounds a bit like mine. She never hid the fact that she considered having children to have been a huge mistake. Your sister sounds great. I am too close in age to mine to have been able to take over the raising of her. She always looked to me for the attention she didn’t get from my mother but I was only 15 months older and unable to do much for her. Today it felt as if I was having to play that role now.

2d post NFD St. Louis US
    @fatrabbit congratulations on your weight and waist loss. Really hope my neurons start kicking in because my shortbterm memory has decreased. I start to do something and then forget. It does eventually come back but takes a little while. Annoying. I love love love your rabbit stories. I suppose others may have suggested this before but I think you should write a book. Something like “Life in the Hutch.”

@erikaa I posted about the mindfulness app on iPhone and android and mentioned there was a cost. Someone else, maybe strawberries and cream, posted there is a free version. I didn’t know that was still available but it does have a white background with a gold bowl. The one that cost has a black background. I think they are the same and not sure why one of them cost and the other is free. When I originally got it it was free but then I upgraded. Maybe it’s just to support the site.

@lindasue I love seeing a fellow Missourian and hearing about how things are coming to life in the Ozarks. I’m in the city but there’s a little creek that runs behind my house. I have deer, doesn’t everyone in Missouri, mallards, mink,an occasional blue heron and lots of birds. I do Stream Team monitoring on my little creek which also is a form of exercise climbing up and down the creek bank. While I do yoga every day, walk several times a week, use my elliptical when I think about it and my kettle bells for short workouts, I’m really impressed by the level of activity that some of you are adding to your life. Although I’m now 71 years old, I still work full-time. I don’t have the energy that I did when I am younger but then I’m thinking maybe this WOL will increase that – along with my neuron activity.

Good luck and good weekend to all wherever you are.

Day 26 – NZ – NFD

Day 25 – USA – NFD
    Weight 3/25/2017 166.2 lbs. 75 kg
    🎉Hooray! So far so good! I have gone from 181 lbs. to 166.2 lbs.;75kg since the beginning of March✨I couldn’t have done it without our ✨all the awesome people in our wonderful group✨😊
    On the last fast 5 days I went from 171lbs. to 166.2 lbs. I’m certainly not near my ultimate goal of 131 by June. But I feel Good. 😊

I haven’t had a chance to see the posts for today yet. I will shortly✨😊

@at I am able to use One Drive to save my worksheet. When you get a chance Could you walk me through, how you were able to put a link on the group for the group spreadsheet?🤔for next month! I’d be glad to volunteer for the month of April. @coda

Congratulations✨🎉 @sirisan for meeting your goal😊👍👍
    @tillergirl 👍🌈
    @fattabbit Well done✨maximizing the veggies✨
    @lynzm I love your sentiments on, “This is the most valuable lesson, I can stick to something if I really want to.” I’ve learned that this month too✨ I feel like Thanking everybody in this group and an extra Thank- you to @at and @coda for creating a positive structure for this group!✨
    @onhealthyhigh ✨Thank- you for the wonderful information about weight loss and being Happy 😊
    @snowflake56 ✨you are awesome✨I’m routing for you! Congratulations ✨🎉on your determination✨🙏✨I work with Special needs children. I have found it to be true for myself also. The brain can choose what to focus on. We create circuits and as we continue to practice an action, the neurons will do what we choose.😊Keep up the great efforts @snowflake56 ✨🌈✨👏
    Congratulations 🎉@fatrabbit✨😊
    Thanks @dykask for 🌈✨👏cheering us on!

2nd Post

@at as I read, I see your using google docs. @coda I’m pretty sure that is doable and comparable with Excel spreadsheet. If not I’ll look and see what spreadsheets will work✨

@okeydokey you’re really moving on so fast, you’re so determined and strong. You surely will reach your goal by June. Thank you for all your motivation, very uplifting. Love all your little signs, no idea how to do that so xxx

3/25 NFD USA, WI

Start 3/13 195.6
    Today 3/25 188.0
    Loss: 7.6 lbs

Ugh. Got sick all over again. Bad cough, slight fever. My boss last night sent me home – not good having a bartender hacking into people’s drinks. I do have to work a shift today at another place – not looking forward to it.

Yesterday and today I’ve basically been eating whatever I want, including a Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg meant for a treat for the kids. Weighed myself this morning and I’m down some more, to 188.0.

I’m looking forward to fasting and sticking to the 5:2 but it will have to wait until I’m up for it. I’m wondering if the 38-hour liquid fast and working out when I started feeling better, contributed to this awful rebound. Eh, well.

I’ll read posts either tonight or tomorrow. Good luck, all.

@gopackgo Wishing you a fast recovery, take care.

Day 25 UK NFD quick check in will catch up on posts tomorrow x

I’m wondering if anyone here uses any of the trim healthy mama recipes. I tried using it to lose weight and really wasn’t too successful. However since I’ve started doing AFD 5/2, i’ve been using some of the recipes and have found they fit quite well. Thought I would share that as I’m always looking for recipes. Simple recipes I might add. 😁

Day 25 – Cumbria UK – FD

Another gorgeous sunny day with temperatures up to 16+ degrees – attended a yoga workshop today held in a Yurt in the middle of forested area – 7 students with the teacher – amazing day – back home feeling chilled and relaxed.

I won’t have time to go back to before my last post to comment so will pick up since then…….
    @coda – I will work out the figures for the drop out rate and publish them at the end of the month – we had a fair few drop out and since them more have not been posting so will make an assumption that they have pulled out when I work out the ratio.
    @annemarilyn – I too love a dark chocolate croissants but cannot remember when I last succumbed – I might get tempted now……..
    @lynzm – great will power – I am not so strong so I just don’t keep any in the house and if I get given chocolates I take them when I do my volunteer afternoon and share them with the elderly group I work with, most of them seem to have a sweet tooth but amazingly none of them are particularly overweight bar one or two!!!
    @snowflake56 – I know exactly what you mean – for me too it’s best I don’t start!!!!!!!!!!! Thinking of your mental and physical strength in coping with your recent “S” episode – you are truly an amazing woman!
    @okeydokey – GREAT WEIGHT LOSS! so far in March !!! Thank you for offering to cover April’s challenge I use a google spreadsheet on my MacBook Air so easy enough on there:-
    You click on share button at the top right hand corner of the spreadsheet
    It opens a window regarding sharing with others, I set it for view only
    Then copy and paste the link on this forum for sharing
    If you are hosting the next challenge you will need to set up the new forum so people can start signing up sometime next week. I will warn you that it does get very busy for the first couple of weeks as people sign in their commitment for the challenge…….Happy to support as you need
    @onahealthyhigh, @coda, @fatrabbit, @strawberriesandcream, @redrockgirl302 – many congratulations on completing your mini challenge – great reading your feedback – it might be another option for people to consider especially when they hit a plateau
    @dykask – thank you for sharing the link to those amazing photos – isn’t the world we live in an amazing place! Thank you for your kind remark – here is another summary for you!
    @monkeydo – bet you felt a bit strange without a FD this past week!! Since starting in January 2016 I have only missed out on one week and it felt weird, but managed to do mostly 16:8 days during that time. Good luck with your move and drive to your new home, sounds like you are very organised – let us know how you get on and perhaps we will see you in the April Challenge xx
    @fatrabbit – great result with your 800cal challenge – I will be keeping you in my thoughts for the rest of the month whilst you continue doing 800cal days – your rabbit stories always make me smile – you have such a way with words
    @jennferb – I totally get what you say about sadness that this March challenge is coming to an end – join in for the April Challenge when it opens – I’m sure a lot of us will be signing up again!!!
    @missymay – another notch in the belt – such a good feeling – YAY!
    @erika45 – good to hear that you are recovering – I’m also not a great one for the dentist – always dread my 6 monthly checks……..
    @goldensun – first step to holiday done – hope the weathers stays nice and sunny for you – enjoy the break
    @micheleas – very happy dance time!! I remember exactly how I felt when I reached my target weight in December 2016!
    @Strawberriesandcream – there is nothing wrong with taking “happy pills” – we all sometimes need a bit of help; the hardest thing is actually recognising that you need help/support. My DD suffers with depression, she is currently off all her medication (has been since May last year) and is doing well – she did find that counselling and the use of CBT especially helpful
    @bert1802 – just {Hugs}
    @ciren2 – “When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top” – WE HAVE GOT YOU WHENEVER YOU ARE READY TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP
    @annnursekirk – there will be an April Challenge, keep an eye out for it and sign up – you will get great support/advice and most important great camaraderie.
    @gopackgo – hope you feel better soon

Well that took some catching up – a cup of tea and one of hot water and lemon drunk in that time with 2 visits to the loo………

Some great success stories coming through, some have reached target and others are staying strong and will get there too!

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow” Albert Einstein

Post 3
    ✨Hope everybody is having a Good 😊 weekend!✨Remember we lose more weight (active) when we’re happy.✨

My goal weight this March was to lose 10lbs. I’ve lost 15 lbs. so far! I’m doing my ✨Happy Dance!✨ Happy Dance! with @onahealthyhigh and @michaeleas✨💃✨💛😊

@snowflake56 Thank- you! You can’t see me right now, but I’m beaming. Thanks for being in this group!
    @gopackgo Wow, you’ve lost 7.5 lbs. so far this month! That’s great! On a side note, I have a low immune system so I tend to get sick 😷 easily. I take 2 – 4 oregano oil caps from GNC (that brand is gentle on the system. I just started taking Allimax garlic. It’s working well. Or possibly some chicken soup would help✨Hope you feel better soon!✨💛

@at I’m very grateful for your support. I will ask if I need to😊a big THANK-YOU!! 🌈🎈✨

day 24 West Midlands……NFD

@okeydokey wow ! That’s a great weight loss. Well done.

I only weigh on Monday and I’ll be happy with a pound. 😉😉

Day 25 | NFD | UK

Offically 28lbs a.k.a 2 stone off since Sept… Happy Dance!

Day 25 Hampshire. NFD

Day 26/NFD/Melbourne Aus

@lynzm – Amazing will power. I’ve eliminated all ‘naughty’ foods from my house (Thanks @fatrabbit, ‘naughty’ sums it up perfectly) otherwise they would be calling me. As Dr M said will power is greatly over rated.

@snowflake56 – Your strength is inspiring. I hope the sss are returning

@okeydokey – Thank you for taking up the April challenge.

@missjj congrats, joining you in the happy dance

@coda, @fatrabbit, @strawberriesandcream, @redrockgirl302 – enjoyed reading the feedback. Some great results there.

@monkeydo – hope you enjoy your new home

@fatrabbit – love your posts

@micheleas – welcome to maintenance.

@Sirisian and … (Sorry I can’t remember who mentioned cleaning up the byways and hedgerows) you’re inspiring me to become more active in my community. Since my recent retirement I’ve been focussing on me, now it’s time to broaden my horizons and volunteer.

Lesson learnt on the dieting rollercoaster. When I reached goal weight and maintained to reach lifetime status (twice) following a well known point system, I thought I had conquered the weight maintenance lark. Happily I allowed myself those mini packets of crisps/chips and a snack sized chocolate bar as treats. Fast forward several months those ‘little treats’ grew larger and larger till I was consuming family sized packets of chips and bars of chocolate as I couch surfed. Now I have maintained under goal weight for over 18 months. By focussing on healthy eating and eliminating ‘naughty’ foods I no longer fancy them. I now eat whatever I fancy on NFDs but whatever I fancy has changed.

Stay healthy and happy everyone. Enjoy your weekend.

Day 25, UK, NFD

Weigh in day, 67.0kg. Was really hoping to break the 67kg barrier today but we still have a few more days to go and two more fast days, so we are still on schedule to finish the month with 66.5kg-ish.

I must remember losing weight and improving health is a marathon, not a sprint.

@okeydokey thank you for the video link, i watched it and found it really interesting, specially the bit about pharmaceutical and food industry not wanting to spend any cash and time researching something that makes them lose money. Food for thought!

Good luck for all the weekend dieters!

Day 25, Cumbria, UK, nfd
    Totally fallen off the wagon. My excuse is that it was my little boys birthday today!!🎂🍔🍩😱
    I’m on a major knuckle down now, don’t want to undo any more of my initial success.
    Good luck everyone xxx

Hi uk nfd day 25

Checking in catch up later x

Day 25…..Florida….. NFD

Overall a pretty good day. My house is now settled and very happy that it’s no longer a disaster and I will no longer will kick the suitcase in the middle of the night! Kudos to me!

Food wise, I did pretty good there too. Cinnamon and raisin English muffin and fruit to break my fast, a burger for lunch and a nice salad and hot dogs for dinner. I’m really trying very hard to control my NFD’s

Thank you for all the hugs today. Normally, my childhood woes don’t flow out that way but I am a bit sad as the death of my sister is tomorrow. So, she is really on my mind the last couple days!

Okay, well dinner is ready so I am off

Peace be with you all!

Day 25- Montreal- FD

Day 25 Florida, USA NFD
    Boy, did I go off the rails today. Bacon, eggs, and toast for breakfast, not so bed. A small Italian pastry for “lunch” (a new shop opened in my neighborhood), and a planned indulgence in happy hour lobster nachos, with a white wine spritzer. If I stopped there I’d still have been under my TDEE, although not with healthy foods. However, free frozen custard with mini M&M’s was on offer and ice cream is my comfort food all my life. SO, well over my TDEE but I’ll be on target the next 2 days then Tuesday is a FD. So that’s my confession- just by writing it down I know it won’t happen again! Hope you all have more restraint than I did today. Luck to all!

Day 26 NFD Australia
    Thanks to all who wished me well on my journey. Farewelling New South Wales and heading off on Tuesday for Victoria. Camping at a friend’s until then.
    Hopefully will have time to be more involved with this site and the monthly challenge page in particular next month.
    So appreciate sharing this journey with you all. 🙂

Day 25 – NZ- NFD
    Day 26 – NZ – FD

Really pleased with myself as am 3/4’s thru my fasting day and it’s a weekend . Didn’t think I could fast on a weekend day. Not sure why I thought I couldn’t but it’s been good so far, just kept busy. And have done food related jobs as well, food shopping, stewing apples and making mayonnaise but luckily it’s not been a problem. Feeling excited and apprehensive about weighing at the end of the month hoping that I have reached my goal but regardless I think I will keep the fasting up.

Day 26 – Perth, W.Aust – NFD
    Day 25 – NFD – 71.2kg – getting closer to goal 😀

Had a brilliant day out yesterday, no idea of calorie count, but enjoyed tasting a whole variety of new foods. We had the annual Japan-Perth Festival here and as our sons are heading off to Japan in June we thought it might be a good idea to head down and try out some new foods. Also booked in for a Sake tasting event, and wow, that was better than I thought it would be. The only memory I have of Sake was trying it when I was much younger and not enjoying it at all, so was a bit hesitant. But, the ones we tasted were very smooth and quite delicious, but I made sure I didn’t over-indulge as I’ve heard a few too many stories of bad experiences with too much Sake. Needless to say I think our sons will have an interesting taste experience while they’re in Japan. Will make sure I’m focussed today even though it’s not a FD, don’t need two blow out days in a row.

Thanks @dykask for the link to the cherry blossom images, they are gorgeous and I’m told the plum blossoms are also quite impressive.

Be strong, be kind, be fabulous.

@gopackgo – hope you feel better soon. It’s no fun to try to work feeling so badly. I was really rooting for U Wisconsin in the NCAA tourney last night. Did you catch the tribute to Aaron Rodgers that Zak Showalter gave when he hit a game tying 3 pointer? http://btn.com/2017/03/25/zak-showalter-sends-wisconsin-into-overtime-with-circus-shot-florida-answers-in-ot/ That link has the video of the basket and his signature ‘belt’ move to Rodgers in the stands. Ever so sad the Badgers could not hold on for the win.

@bert1802 – you really have quite the story there with your mother and sister. It seems to me that you’re very realistic and reasoned in your handling of your family, its history and its future. Hugs to you as you go forward with all the situation so far away.

Day 26 NZ NFD

Day 26 FD Oman

Day 26 – Tokyo, Japan – FD 80.6 kg

Today was cold and wet and the cherry blossoms are barely just starting so the sakura viewing picnic is delayed until next week which worked out well more my 3 day fasting attempt. I’m currently about 17 hours into the fast. Lately my fasting days have been easy. No food for I have been allowing myself some sugar-free gum and a few small sugar mints. It is just about chewing or taste.

Yesterday was a feast day! 6 servings of fruit and at least 12 servings of vegetables, 4 coffees with a serving of milled flaxseed (fiber & Omega 3 fats) and a double portion of nuts. I was pushing fiber hard. I probably went over 3500 calories yesterday, however this is my 3 third almost zero calorie fasting day this week! That is more fasting than what I typically do.

I was very full last night, but not to the point of discomfort. However eating that many vegetables takes time. It was mostly raw vegetables although some beans had been soaked.

Day 14 NZ, Otago, FD
    Day 15 NZ, Otago, FD
    Day 16 NZ, Otago, FD
    Day 17 NZ, Otago, NFD
    Day 18 NZ, Otago, NFD
    Day 19 NZ, Otago, NFD
    Day 20 NZ, Otago, FD
    Day 21 NZ, Otago, FD
    Day 22 NZ, Otago, FD
    Day 23 NZ, Otago, FD
    Day 24 NZ, Otago, NFD
    Day 25 NZ, Otago, NFD
    Day 26 NZ, Otago, NFD

Sorry @at, I have been here, trying to keep up with all the posts. I must just post and try and catch up when I can. Today spent a wet afternoon at my daughters first hockey game for the season and managed to read the last four pages of posts, so am finally up to date! I say FD for Monday to Thursday because I am at work those days and try and fast all day and only have one meal in the evening. I am mostly successful but not always. I am in this for the long haul.

Day 25 & 26 NFD NZ
    Both my weekend NFDs have been well controlled and below TDEE even allowing for dinner out last night for my mother in laws 70th birthday. It helped that the restaurant was truely awful and after a main course that I would have scraped in the bin if I cooked it at home none of us wanted to try dessert.
    I had a couple of conversations with a friend and some serious thinking time and I’ve realised a few ways in which I was working against myself with my thinking and my actions.
    I know I will have ups and downs but I’m feeling more determined to stop my continued overindulgence on the NFDs.
    I fast quite easily, and always have a minimum of two every week, so I know the NFDs are my problem and I’m told admitting you have a problem is the first step to fixing it. So my next step seems to be reminding myself every day that a NFD isn’t a license to binge. I want my old body and my self esteem back and routinely making better choices is the way I’m going to get it.

DAY 26 • GERMANY • NFD

Day 26 UK F800

Didn’t eat until nearly five yesterday. Had a bowl of dhal then and a salad after shutting the animals in at 7. Odd day yesterday with no volunteers. That doesn’t happen often on a Saturday. It was quite an easy day because I only had to clean out the guinea pigs who live in little villages in the barn but there are far fewer of them than the rabbits so it went quickly. Oh and I groomed the boarding rabbits which took about an hour and a half as they have extremely dense coats. They do not like me:( The rest of the day was hanging around in case visitors turned up and talking to those that did. It was a beautiful sunny day, the plum tree is fabulous and the blossom is swelling on the cherries and the damson and pears and even the apples are starting to show pink. I planted a bag of daffodil bulbs that someone dumped outside (maybe they thought the animals could eat them??) in the autumn and they have brightened up a messy corner and look really nice. The helebores are still flowering and more and more primroses are opening. We have lots of the lovely pale yellow wild ones. Woodland flowers do best here. I have lots of work to do today, the sheds and tall huthces have to be cleaned which should keep me busy and not thinking about food although as it is mother’s day I will have to cook something for mum. I don’t think ys realises it is mother’s day. He is still awake from last night so he will sleep all day. Ms will probably phone from London. Eldest can’t, as he doesn’t communicate, a card from the care home might turn up next week if one of the staff decided to do a craft project with him. I must get going, up late due to clock change, although I slept really well for once. Leaving my audio book playing all night instead of using a timer helped, especially with ys going nocturnal again. And I could understand more of it this morning than I could last night. It is in Danish and that accent takes quite some getting used to. Maybe subliminal learning is a good way to do it.

Day 26, London, UK, NFD,

No surprise it’s a NFD as it’s Mothers Day. I hope today is more mindful and controlled than yesterday!!!

Good luck everyone!

Anonymous

Day 26 – Netherlands – NFD
    Not going anywhere today – got flu.

DAY 27 – UK – FD

Had my first “disastrous” day since 1 Jan. I have had the odd blip – but this was catastrophic. Sweets, biscuits, fish and chip supper, after a fantastic lunch out!!!!!! (My Mother’s day)…. Sadly I just feel more depressed now – how STUPID I am.

Was just fed up that in two months, despite my efforts, haven’t lost a lb. I won’t get on the scales this morning, in case it tips me over the edge and I give up.

I am going on hols in a week or so and so wanted to be at target which just aint going to happen…..scales are becoming my enemy decided not to weigh again until 1st April.

That last 7 lbs (now probably 9 !!!is so elusive)

Well done those who have lost weight…and commiserations to the rest of us!

(I won’t give up of course – but needed a little rant). xx

Day 26 UK NFD 🌈

Had a lovely day yesterday, scrambled egg for breakfast and cream tea in the afternoon. A few glasses of wine. Enjoyed it.

Another thing I learned from this WOL is that a treat, now really is a treat! because it’s a rare occurrence rather than a regular thing, it’s more enjoyable!

Happy Mother’s Day all! 🌸🌺🌹🌷 From the UK, enjoy the day, whatever your circumstances, have a lovely day.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,701 through 2,750 (of 3,256 total)

You must be logged in to reply.