31 Day January 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
31 Day January 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,437 replies, has 150 voices, and was last updated by  Fuvvie 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 2,440 total)

• Aussie day 16 FD today Bert I don’t have a cheat day but if i feel like something it’s not as often and a small amount is enough.Pammie I came to Australia in 1959 from the north of England 10 pound poms.Happy Margo I was just sitting here asking my OH what he would like for dinner then i remembered it’s a FD so he gets what i’m having i just go with the flow now, I would find it hard to go to Mc Donalds and just have coffee maybe he can get takeout you take something from home and find somewhere nice to eat together. Had lots of chuckles reading the posts.

Day 15 / Sweden / NFD
    Weighed in today at 94.1 kg. That’s down 2.3 kg since Jan 1st (though the Jan 1st weigh in was probably too high thanks to the previous evening’s celebrations).
    Tomorrow will be a Fast Day so I send out good luck wishes to all the others who are fasting tomorrow. One thing that helps me during FD is to take a long walk during my lunch hour. There’s a river 5 minutes away from work so I walk along that for a few kilometers and then back in time to give my next lesson. I usually won’t feel hungry again for a few hours after that walk.

Take care!

Day 15 Ireland NFD
    I think I need to record calories on NFD as I find it harder to make good food choices. A weekend of NFD resulted in too much indulgence.
    Had planned to weigh in tomorrow, but think I’ll leave it to the end of the week.

2nd post Pamela V I’m Down under these people always make you feel welcome I love that we are Global.

Bert, I don’t have cheat days either but sometimes I’ll tell myself “I can have that piece of chocolate tomorrow, I don’t have to have it today”. I love going to the cinema a few times per month and it’s happened twice on a FD so I plan a light breakfast, then full fast all day, which allows me to have popcorn at the cinema as my dinner. Perhaps not the healthiest of dinners but it means that I have a better chance of maintaining this WOL in the long run.
    I’ve tried diets in the past where I gave up foods or had to eat special foods but when the diet was over, I just slipped into my old habits.

Day 16 – Tokyo Japan – FD #5 – 80.3 kg

I did weight myself two days ago and it was 80.1 kg, so over the 5 day period my weight has stabilized in the low 80’s. This is basically 6kg down from when I started the 5:2 less than 5 months ago. My body is much leaner too.

Today is shaping up to be a hard fast. For the last 5 days I eat a lot of carbs and didn’t do my normal prep for this fast which is mainly cutting back on carbs and being extra careful about sugar.

In Hokkaido the snow was deep and I some walking in knee deep snow, ice staking and was mostly on my feet. It was cold, well below freezing most of the time, with brief periods where it would warm up to just a little below freezing. However the trip was fun and I eat a lot! A lot more meat than I’m used to and a lot of rice and pasta. I didn’t keep track of the calories but it was plenty more than what I really need to eat.

My second post of the day just to tell y’all that I’m sick of my mouth tasting like poop on fast days. Ew.

Day 15 California I did a water/coffee fast yesterday and am doing the same today. I am thinking of fasting one more day as I am off work tomorrow. I am hoping that after this it will be easier to stick to the TDEE on non fast days.

@Laddie and Ann6 When you do the 4:3, are you fasting on alternate days? Are you doing 500 cal or water fasting on your fast days? I think I might do better on that than 5:2 and I find non fast days so difficult. I don’t have any trouble limiting my eating during the day, but it’s late evening snacking that is my problem.

Day 16, Australia FD

Hi all! Fuvvie I’m hoping it’s okay to join in now? I just returned from our holiday yesterday and while I had plans to fit in some fd’s, they didn’t happen, I did manage a few 16:8’s but have certainly strayed from my normal eating. So have been feeling really bloated and made the mistake of checking the scales yesterday when I got home. Tried to do my first fd for a month yesterday and went just a bit over, which I’m actually happy with a it feels really hard when you haven’t fasted for a while. Fasting again today, though the morning is going rediculously slow, so much easier to fast on a busy day.
    Goal is just to get back to pre holiday weight and then maintain. However long it takes.
    I ordered Jason Fung’s Obesity Code book before Christmas and read that on my holidays. It was fantastic, and best of all my OH read it too and was really impressed and is going to be starting too. He needs to lose 20 or so kgs and hasn’t been interested in fasting, but now understands so much better than I could explain it. I have ordered Fung’s new book too as we are both keen to read that too. So hoping this will be a good year for OH as well.
    Looking forward to reading along with everyone, there is no way I can catch up on 27 pages, but I have read a few and will try to keep up from now. I do find it is very motivating and inspiring.

2nd post Day 15

It’s a FD tomorrow the 16th for me as well so I’ll be joining hands with others across the globe like: @at, @ciren2, @pissupoosa, @blueninjamum, @erica45, @brightonbelle, @jpitch and more.

We can do this!

Day 16 sunny country West Australia FD
    Looking forward to a FD after a weekend of food.
    HappyMargo, I sometimes go to Maccas with my OH for coffee as not much is open late at night here in Perth.
    I have no difficulty just having a coffee as when I look at the food , well it looks like ‘ non food’ to me . Very processed and plasticky. So I happily sip my coffee slowly and think – at least I won’t have to go for a 10 mile run to work off …’
    When out to breakfast with friends yesterday, I ordered the full vegetarian breakfast. I ate a small piece of toast, mushrooms, half the eggs and left the rest. Worked for me🙂

Lany36 — I am laughing out loud! We Americans know the candy that is made of pecan halves, covered with caramel then chocolate on top. Here is a link to the candy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_(chocolate) If you look at them from the top, they can resemble a turtle.

No, no real turtles are harmed in the making of that sundae. It is delicious vanilla ice cream, caramel syrup, toasted pecans, hot fudge syrup, whipped cream and a cherry.

Day 15. Quebec. NFD

Todya and yesterday were just regular NFD., not perfect but I decided for myself that it was Ok like that. No guilty feeling. I’m going on and that is the most important.

@5thfemale
    You have to start your post, like I did here, with the date, where you are from anf if it is a FD ( fast day ) or a NFD ( non fast day ).
    I really want to congratulate you for your lost up to now. Wow, you really desearve a good round of applause. Also, I’d like to say that we have the same height and the same Fd ( Monday and Thursday ), I would like to go on struggling together with you. Please tell me if you accept.

Good luck and have a nice week everyone xxx

Day 15…..Florida…….NFD

Just got back home…. DH and I went for Mexican tonight. Now, I feel like a stuffed turkey on Thanksgiving!

I will be joining the hand holding circle of fasters tomorrow as it’s back to regular scheduled programming for me.

Thank you for all your feedback on cheat days. On this WOL, I don’t feel as if I need them, after all I can have it tomorrow if I want. I’m so happy with this new lifestyle, I feel bad for other who are stuck on traditional diet programs.

Well….. not much news for tonight. The new girl starts tomorrow, so I’m sure I’ll have much more to say!

Cheers!

@mamacat – Laughed out loud! I soooooo hear ya! Not cool.

@peli – yes essentially I think I do better if I go FD/NFD every other day. On NFD I have stayed under or near my calorie needs (1800). On FD I have done full liquid days a couple of times (coffee, tea, and broth) ranging 36-40 hours. I have also had around 300-400 calories on a few FD. It depends on the social aspect usually because I want to at least sit-down and eat something with the kids at dinner. Also, some FD are easier than others so that impacts the no calorie vs 300-400 calorie. I’m also like you in that I can hang in there during the day but by 5-6 p.m. I really want something even if low calorie. I think some of that might even be from an emotional place? I don’t want to go to bed starving either – I’ve tried that and tossed and turned.

@Laddie 10, thank you for your response. Yes, for me, the evening snacking comes very much from an emotional place, and partly also habit, I suppose. That is why I feel I need to do a three day fast to try to break that cycle. Do you find yourself feeling any less energy doing the alternate day fast for a long term? One of the reasons I started this diet, besides weight loss and health, is my energy levels have been very low. I do feel somewhat better even after a week of doing the 5:2 imperfectly. I still have not had the courage to weigh myself as I am sure I weigh more than I ever have before, so I don’t know if I have lost any weight. I would really like to do 4:3 if I can maintain it because I would like to lose weight faster, but also because fasting reduces my cravings.

Day 15-Oceanside,CA-NFD

Enjoyed food,family and friendship the last two days. Also got in 3.8 mile walks both days.

I am doing the 500 calorie Fast 5:2. Don’t understand the need for days of water or liquid only. FD’s are easily doable with a commitment. Tomorrow will begin with 350 calorie protein/fruit breakfast, walk, play golf, enjoy a sunset and end with a dinner salad.

I like the rhythm of the two days during the week. No fasting for me on weekends. I can always pick a different day, but usually do Monday and Thursday.

Enjoy the rumbling tummy at bedtime. I think of it as the “fat burning”. LOL

Day 16 NFD NZ
    Hi Fishing Gran, what ship did you come out on. We sailed on the Capt.Cook from Glasgow. I was 11 years old.
    Just about to return the grandies to their parents and then home again to enjoy a peaceful glass of wine with OH.

second post FD
    checking in to read posts for support and to stay accountable.
    just went out for coffee with OH and went to Miss Mauds, a coffee shop with the most DELICIOUS array of cakes and savoury goods.
    I passed on sausage rolls, pies, sandwiches, slices, cakes, biscuits – everything.
    I had a half strength flat white coffee whilst OH enjoyed a delectable black forest torte with cream and cherries!
    I had 1 teaspoon ( measured) of torte and it was enough. Well it wasn’t! but it was all I ate as today is a FD and I plan to stick to 500 calories or under.
    My willpower muscle is getting a big workout today.

Day 16 / NFD / Oman
    The scales have see-sawed over the past week but basically I haven’t lost anything in that time.

The fat on my stomach feels very soft…like jelly/jello. I’m hoping this means I’m due a big whoosh!

Day 16 – Brisbane, Aus – FD

Weigh in day today, 116.6kg, that’s a loss of 0.9kg this week (an excellent result!), and a loss of 1.4kg so far for the month.

Fast day today… really feeling those hunger pangs this afternoon (only calories are a splash of milk in 3 coffee’s so far today, so not even 100c) – still a couple of more hours before I have my evening cup of soup. Hopefully I can make it until then (I’m sure I’ll be fine).

Hope everyone is having a good day… one foot in front of the other and repeat if you need to (which reminds me, might go out for a walk when it cools down a little – that should help).

Second post Day 16 Nz FD
    First FD for the week done and dusted!
    I’m just flicking back through some posts re affirming my commitment to today’s fast.
    I’ve had 418cals for the day today all at dinner and I feel really good…if only I could sort out my NFDs to get the weight loss kickstarted again!
    I haven’t missed a week of fasting since September but I’m slightly disheartened that my size decrease is so sloooow.
    I don’t weigh regularly and have always judged myself (my size, not my whole sense of selfworth) by how a pair of non stretch pants I’ve owned for about a decade fit me. I really expected to have shrunk further and be able to fit them comfortably after four months but it hasn’t happened yet.
    I am not giving up on getting back into them properly, I think there’s less than 5kg to make it happen but I am suspecting that like so many others here have mentioned, I too need to make a more concerted effort to manage my NFDs as well as I commit to my FDs.
    I am going to indulge this last week of holiday whenever the desire arises, without being silly about it, but I have decided starting next week that my NFDs will be getting a good shake up.
    Is anyone else interested in working with me to finish all of January’s NFDs eating only nutrient dense minimally processed foods?
    I feel the need to focus on this portion of our wol for a while to make things happen for me. I don’t believe I need to add more fasts, we all know 5:2 works, and I don’t believe I need to exercise more than I do already(6days a week in the gym or out walking/running) which leaves the NFDs with definite room for improvement.
    Fast days are simple when you have adjusted to them but NFDs take more diligence (I think) and I’m ready to admit that I need to stop wasting all the effort of my FDs and put the proper effort into NFD eating that compliments my goals….who can relate and wants to work with me???

Day 16 Melbourne FD
    It is now 5.40pm and all has gone well so far, just liquids; planning an egg salad for tea.

@lany36 I am with you in working on the NFDs. I have let some bread creep back in, to a greater extent than I want, and a bit too high on the calories on NFDs as well.

Would love to nail HFLC but I do find it tricky so far. I am low-carbish and wondering if the desire for starchy foods ever diminishes to nothing.

@ciren2 – well done You!

Day 16 – Perth, W.Aust – NFD

@bert1802 – I don’t indulge in cheat days either, really don’t need them with this way of eating. I still eat treats, just not on a FD and certainly not in great quantities, they fit in with my normal eating pattern on the NFD. I sometimes feel we are at war with food and have lost the ability to enjoy the nutritious aspect of some foods that are important for our good health and the joy of having the occasional non-nutritious treat food. The questions I often ask myself about food is “do I need this food to nurture and nourish me for the long term” or “do I want this food just to make me feel good for now”. There is nothing wrong with good quality treats, i.e. home made cakes, slices, chocolate, etc, in small quantities on occasion, but I try to avoid the highly processed foods.

When I’m out with my OH and he wants to stop for a bite to eat, I’m also okay with him having cake and coffee if he wants, and I’ve taught him to be okay with me just having a cuppa, neither of us needs to feel bad about the others choices. He doesn’t get upset with me and he doesn’t feel guilty if I don’t have a beer with him (he knows I can’t stand the taste of it and never have), so why should having a piece of cake be any different. The important thing for us is spending the time together regardless of what we eat or drink and enjoying each others company and our own choices.

Have a great day everyone and be kind to yourself.

Day 16 Melbourne Aus -FD (or at least it was supposed to be)
    Had a hungry hungry day, I ended up having a toasted cheese Sarnie for my tea. Not really a Fast Day after all. Oh well, put that behind me and carry on as planned.

Mamacat– I’ve found soups to be a lifesaver as well. They’re easy to heat up & because of the extra liquid in them they feel hearty & filling. Plus, an excellent way to sneak in loads of veggies!

Fuvvie– TheDietDoctor has a great web-site! Between that LCHF + Jason Fung (web & books) + Mosley with 5:2, I’ve finally lost the weight I’ve been battling for years. I’ll def go visit again & look for the videos you mention. Thanks!

Lany– I like your idea of “meeting in the middle” for a brunch. That would be a good compromise between our 2 routines. (And get me closer to the 16:8 I typically aim for.)

Orpheusx– How nice that there’s a beautiful river path to walk over lunch. Very nice to step away & take a mental break from work while enjoying a bit of nature. Nice! On FD that sounds like a good distraction from food.

Weeme– (Love that name!) If you don’t like tracking calories all the time, would it be helpful to tally up at least on weekends? I know for me, I need to start using my Lose It app consistently on Fri/Sat/Sundays because that’s my weak spot for the week. Too many calories those 3 days puts a lot more pressure on the remaining 4 days of the week. Yup! That’s my plan now. Checking the calories on NFD more closely!

LouBelles– Welcome back from holiday! You’ll be back in the swing of fasting again in no time! It’s great your OH is interested in learning about intermittent fasting too. I imagine it’s much easier to do with support in the house. Enjoy both Fung’s books– Excellent resources!

lily martin– Thank you for this : “I have no difficulty just having a coffee as when I look at the food , well it looks like ‘ non food’ to me . Very processed and plasticky. So I happily sip my coffee slowly and think – at least I won’t have to go for a 10 mile run to work off …” Made me nod in agreement. I will def remember your post & stick with just coffee from now!

Lany– I am with you! I’m ready to step up my effort on NFD to finish out the second half of January Challenge strong!

Like I told Weeme up above: I need to start using my Lose It app consistently on Fri/Sat/Sundays because that’s my weak spot for the week. Too many calories those 3 days puts a lot more pressure on the remaining 4 days of the week. Yup! That’s my plan now. Checking the calories on NFD more closely!

And along with BiddieV & Fuvvie, I’m going to get back closer to my LCHF ways (met with such success adding this to intermittent fasting!)

So for the rest of January, I plan to:
    1– use my Lose It app & track my calories daily. Make my NFDs as successful as my FDs! 😀

2– cut out the “white stuff” (sugars & all processed, refined grains. With my Crohn’s, I must avoid wheat & gluten, so it’s important to ditch all the breads, crackers, cereals, pastas, etc.)

3– continue with consistent workouts & add one more weight training day per week.

Together as a group, we can really make January into a “Win!”

Jan15: Rainy Surrey, NFD

I went over my Tdee as we had roast and pudding! 🤤

Looking forward to getting back to it this week. I have bought some quinoa, sardines, raspberries, kale (things I don’t usually get) on top of my love for fish and veggies, I think I can make some good nutritious <500 cal meals during the week.

@stephieagle I totally get what you are saying, I have become to kinda like the stomach rumbling and take it as ‘good things are happening to my body’ when I fee it 🙊

Hope you guys all have a good week! 2 weeks down and 2 more weeks to go!! We can do it! 🙌

UK day 16 FD feel as though I really need a fast today to help offset the weekend, like many others I’ve struggled with NFDs as I’m getting very near to my goal weight I’m conscious that I need to find a permanent maintenance plan, so this weekend I’ve counted everything on MFP and managed to stay within TDEE but it did involve some juggling but I feel I’m getting there – slowly .
    Hope all fellow fasters have a good day, check in with you all tomorrow

Day 16 Cornwall UK FD

Fuvvie apologogies for not posting,I’m just struggling feeling very low and ‘down’, just feel as if I’m in a deep hole!

Trying to be positive OH is very suportive and my rock.

So this is a new week and I weighed this morning I’m 147.6 so on the upward trend. Not good!

I have always weighed once a week after my second fast day, I’m going to weigh daily.

Have a good week and best of luck to those fasting today.

Day 16, Belfast U.K., FD
    Congratulations to all those who had a successful week last week, and for those who struggled a little, it’s a new week, and good luck to all those on fast days.
    @happy Margo I agree with Fuvvie’s wise words – you are entitled to make your choices as well as DH. My DH is semi retired, working 2 days a week. When I stopped work myself, it took a while for us to adjust. He expected me to fit in with his routine, and it took a bit of negotiating, but we got there. Can you maybe do it turn about. Most importantly, enjoy your outings!

Hi, I would like to join too, I am new to the 5:2 diet. I started off at 79 kgs, my first FD was last Friday, head severe hunger pangs throughout the day maybe because I didnt plan my 500 calories smartly. I now weigh 76.9 Kgs. My goal is to reach below 65 kgs and be able to maintain it. I am having a FD today, and its been great so far. I had a cup of filter coffee with milk and half a tsp sugar this morning, followed by a small bowl of quakers oats, cooked in skimmed milk. I have had 1 1/2 litres of water till lunch. For lunch I had a large guava. I plan to have a salad for dinner without any dressing. I also plan to get back to walking for 45 minutes daily from tomorrow.
    I am really excited to be on this diet, I like the flexibilty it offers and how it seems to curb sugar, and junk food cravings I normally used to have even on my non fast days. I feel lighter, have a lot of energy and dont feel sluggish and super full all the time.Good luck to everyone who has a FD.
    Suggestions regarding vegetarian options for FD’s would be great.

Day 16, New Zealand, NFD kinda. It very nearly was a FD… went all day till 8pm with water only, and then had my planned 503 cal prawn laksa. But then, for no reason at all, I ate a serving of plum crumble. So, let’s say that was 250cals minimum. Definitely below my TDEE but also definitely above a FD. Hmmm. Probably linked to TTOM, because I usually manage FDs no problem. Am positive I can resume my usual FD routine tomorrow.

FD today bit harder than I had hoped.
    Now going out to dinner with friends and hoping like mad that I can stay under 500 calories.
    I am so bad at guesstimating calorie intake that today I succumbed and bought a 5:2 recipe book with recipes from under 100 – 500 calories.

I need another recipe book like a hole in the head!! All my recipe books ( over 300 !!!!!) is the reason why I am now trying to do 5:2 as a WOE !!
    Might have to Kon Mari the recipe collection …. but I do LOVE my recipe books – every single one of them.😅

Second post. Day 16 FD
    @Lany count me in too please. Like all the other posters, I’m good on FDs but struggle on NFDs. The sugar monster is also my downfall, so I’m with you all the way.
    I track my cals on FDs with no problem, but am lazy on NFDS and tend to slip into the odd biscuit (or two! Once I have one, I find it hard to resist another) so I’ll be tracking from now on. Like you HappyMargo the weekends are the worst for me too. So yes as a group we can win! Stay strong!

DAY 16 – BUCKS UK – FD

Sooo glad to be fasting to-day – had a fairly good day on a nfd yesterday – but like others struggle to “guess” how much I am eating…and I did HAVE to finish off the Christmas cake – after all I made the damned thing!! I wish I’d given it to the kids to take home with them…..

Still will stick to fd to-day as I have a routine and am off out at lunchtime to play cards with girlfriends (how decadent) – and I’ve found if my fast days are structured it’s a doddle, whereas it’s the nfds which are a struggle, so like others am going to be far more diligent on counting cals (which I find such a bore).

I have also decided not to weigh myself now until 31st January.

Good luck all xx

Welcome back Lou Belles and you are now on the list.

Welcome also Rahul 1905. I’ve noted down your starting weight, current weight and goal weight. Would you please start your post with the day, being the same as the date( not actually your day 1 or day 5, but the same day as everyone else on the thread. Then your location and finally whether it is an FD or NFD (fast day or non fast day). Anything else you care to post is fine and hopefully you will find the support you need. You have certainly made a great start.

Rocy65, I hope you can bring back the fervour you applied to the July/August challenge. I know how tough it is when that enthusiasm wanes and we just can’t seem to grab the nettle in the same way. I feel I have turned a bit of a corner and I know you can too. We just have to look back to our early posts and see what it was that drove us to do this in the first place. I’ve had to do a complete overhaul as I shot up to 110kgs post Christmas. Not good. Didn’t stay there for long though and now I’m floating around in the 107s, but think I’m due for a decrease. Just have to zip the lip, my friend. This is better than having a gastric sleeve which is what my GP was suggesting before I found this WOL. Have you got over your fall? You were my inspiration along with HollyLJ in that challenge. Join me now. You can do this and so can I.

Day 16……Florida….. FD

I had a really nice weekend, ate to much and still feel overly fully upon waking this morning. So, glad to be back to a FD.

I really must find a solution for my over eating on the weekends…..

Well, busy morning for me. I’m going to running around before work and pay some bills. I’m hoping for a slow day at work, the new girl starts and I would love to give her a good run though about the job, products, vendors and what nots before I just throw her into the fire. Plus, I still have a whole to do list to accomplish which still seems to be growing. A new year brings on so much, new products, over haul of product lines, and on and on.
    Hopefully, she’s a quick study and has the ability to learn quickly.

Have a great day!
    Cheers!

Fuvvie – Just had to respond to your last post re gastric sleeve. I have two friends, who have had surgery to reduce their weight. They both lost loads – initially – one has put on 14lbs since her op 5 years ago – and watches what she eats and keeps within that 14lb limit and looks fantastic, she is a different person, walks miles (never able to do it before)has come off all medication and generally has changed her life around, however the other has put practically all her weight back on! (They both had gastric bypasses, where half their stomach was stapled and can only manage small amounts of food at a sitting) Quite a major op. The one who has put on all her weight, still can’t manage not grazing all the time, as soon as her stomach allows, she eats again! So….the moral of the story is you still have to be able to control the amount of food that passes your lips and until you can have the right attitude no amount of surgery or intervention will help. That’s why this diet or rather 5:2 way of life is so great. Thank goodness you saw the light and didn’t go down the Dr’s route. xxxx

Day 16 – FD – Canada

Best to all of us who are doing a FD today, holding hands. Halfway through January, this is my 4th FD. Love all the posts, am SO glad to have this thread. What is a WOL?? Planning to take my first set of measurements (waist, etc.) tomorrow. Hoping to see a little loss 😉

Lilymartin – I really admire your willpower!

Day 16 – Canada – FD

Weigh in day ……… 142.5 lb. 64.77 kg. That gives me a loss of 2 lb or .91 kg since January 9. I’m pleased with that result.

Just watching a beautiful sunrise on this cold and very frosty morning. I’ll catch up on all the posts later this afternoon. Wishing you all a good week ahead. Think of each Monday as a fresh start.

Day 16. NFD- weighed in this morning at 156. That’s about 2 lbs a week for me. I’m feeling awesome this morning, hungry but awesome. I have 2 more hours to meet my 36 hours but I’m going to try to wait til I just can’t anymore. Happy Monday ya’ll, but for me TGIF!!!!

Day 16, Gozo, Malta, FD

So far so good. Will have yogurt with honey this evening and that should bring me up to 500 calories.

Happy Monday. Stay strong. Onwards and downwards.

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday’s FD went well, and morning weight is right on my 160# maintenance. And yes, NFD’s are always the challenge for me too.

Brighton Belle – I hope you’re able to get to your maintenance weight soon. I’ve been on mine since mid-November with 2-3 pound fluctuations, and that’s fine with me. I’m doing what is a great 6:1 which was recommended for maint. Still, it’s keeping at TDEE for the 6 which is a challenge! I do allow myself some leeway when I see MFP shows a little wiggle room for a treat.

Jarbia – I also have a dear friend who did the gastric staple a few years ago. He’s diabetiic, has not lost a pound and likely has gained. He won’t even think about fasting (he says not good for his diabetes?) and has had a knee re-placement, fallen on ice, and general malaise due to his weight. At 69, I don’t know how much longer we will have him. So, I suppose that major surgery is all what you make it to be. Good for your friend who has kept off the weight and exercises!

Onward and downward, everyone.

Days 14, 15 & 16 NFD Surry, UK

I’ve had a bit of a disaster. I injured my lower back last weekend. I thought it was getting better but then I realised that every time I had a FD it got significantly worse. On Saturday just gone I ended up literally sobbing on husband’s shoulder. At first I thought it was coincidence but now pretty sure there is a link. So, I have decided to do NFDs until it gets better – hopefully just a few more days and then return to the FDs.

I am very disappointed because I was doing so well and enjoying this WOE. I just hope that I can come back to it and don’t lose the motivation. I will do my very best to keep the NFDs under control!!

Keep me in your collective thoughts please!!

Day 16 St. Louis, MO USA – FD

I hesitated when I wrote FD and this may turn into an NFD…I am trying to figure out what schedule will work best for me this week as I will be at our corporate office on Tuesday and Wednesday and will have team dinners, etc etc. It’s a little tricky especially NOT ordering wine which will be a big diversion from the norm to everyone because they look to me to select the bottle(s) for the group!

@peli — This is only my 16th day so I am not certain I will be the best to compare to, however, I have NOT found that my energy is lower, in fact, much much higher. As is my mood – much improved. I wrote a few days ago that I am just happier all the way around and my family has certainly noticed and commented on it. So weight loss or not, I am feeling sharper mentally and happier which are all reasons to march on!

I do need to add in a little exercise though as I have not done any essentially this whole time. I am guessing that would speed things along…but still, for the past 2 weeks I have averaged 2.5 lbs per week. I want it to go faster of course but this is a new WOL and I am still figured out a few things in terms of preferences and what feels best overall.

One thing I am doing which I did not mention before, is trying to go as much into ketosis as I can and trying to stay there. That means following a Ketogenic diet. If you are not familiar, that entails a mix of calories from 70% fat, 20% protein, and 10% carbs. Even on an FD where I may use the 400-500 calories I really try to keep that ratio. At some point, when I have lost what I want to loose I hope to keep up the Ketogenic diet which actually makes me feel fuller throughout the day and has significantly added to the decrease in sugar cravings.

Let me know if you have questions – I think we all need to figure some of this out as we go along. Some things will work better than others and some we will want to make a part of our lives forever where some may shorter term practices. At least that is how I am looking at it. If I end up doing 5:2 or 6:1 and supplement with a Ketogenic diet on most days for the long haul I will consider that a huge success.

It is still early days and I am allowing myself some experimentation and flexibility at this stage.

Day 16 Surrey UK NFD Aaaaaargh!!!! Can’t STAND this computer! Having SO many hassles with it, just want to go out and get a new one. I’m posting quickly before it gives up the ghost again….will communicate about relevant things as soon as this is all sorted!

Day 16/ Midwest USA/ NFD

hello everyone. I am learning to trust this process and myself. aaahhh….

Hi UK day 16 FD

Just a quick check in catch up later x

Day 16 Jan. 16, 2 lbs down this week to 205. Using IF, not eating between 7:00 p.m. untill 12:00 p.m. have my noon meal then supper between 6:30 and 7:00. Started following the keto diet along with the IF WOL.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 2,440 total)

You must be logged in to reply.