31 Day January 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
31 Day January 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,437 replies, has 150 voices, and was last updated by  Fuvvie 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 2,440 total)

• I don’t know what day to post.
    This is my first post here.

Im from Moses lake, Washington state, America

Today I weighed in at 126.8, but that was after 4 days of water fasting. But now Im ready to get back to my 5:2, 18:6 schedule.

Im closer to my goal of 110 than I’ve been in many years! I started this last journey at 158 pounds back in November 2015. My heaviest was 177 in 2010.

Im ready for accountability. I will be weighing in mostly on Fridays. Fasting Mondays and Thursdays.

Day 14-Oceanside, CA-NFD
    @5ftfemale
    You are in the right place. One day at a time. Figure out your 5:2. 500 calories for FD and then relax for NFD. Lots of support here.

@happymargo left PA five days ago at 4°. BRRR. My daughter livs in Denver. Winter is here for all of us. Oceanside is the best of winter even when it rains! Spring is coming for all of us.

Day 15 – Brisbane, Aus – NFD

Thanks for your post Bert – I’m sure we all struggle at times, and being reminded that we aren’t alone in those struggles is always helpful… one thing I’m struggling with at the moment is being too competitive a person, lol. Reading how everyone is doing is great, but off-setting that by controlling things and reminding yourself that just because person X lost Y weight this week, doesn’t mean I’m going to lose at least that much too. I might not lose anything… might even put some back on temporarily, and that’s ok. The important thing is to stick with it and over time we will see results. Sometimes it will go quickly, sometimes it will go slow… it’s not a race, it’s a journey – one that we need to stick with and see through to the end.

Anyway, went for a short run this morning, have eaten well… weigh in day tomorrow, should be ok, but I guess we’ll see what happens!

Day 14 USA Hawaii FD
    it’s 8:30 pm and the FD has been a success! My husband joined in and all went well. Big green salad with 2 hardboiled eggs was our first meal about 11am. Dinner about 5pm was a big skillet of organic low carb veggies with a small amount of grass fed ground beef and a little tofu. Hopefully it was 500 or maybe 600 calories at most. Next time I’ll try to get back on Fitness Pal and actually count the calories. Hubby was happy and didn’t feel like he was being starved. We plan to get back to real FD’s twice a week. It’s been a long time of hanging in there doing 18:6 and 16:8 days just to stay connected. All of your posts make me want to stick with this WOL. Thanks for being there.

Hello again. Welcome 5ftfemale. Just note the day of posting the same as the date. You can register your personal day in the tracker if you like. It just makes it easier if the day of the challenge is the same as the date. Make sense? Starting off with a 4 day water fast was heroic. Well done.
    Looking back at my big post, it was chill jam, not child jam and there was another spelling error, being when you write your novel not right. I hate spelling errors in my work, so have to set the record straight. They used to call me the grammar nazi at work.

The surf was wonderful after doing all that lifting and carting of logs of wood. And I ran into a friend I haven’t seen for a year or so. It was lovely catching up on what she has been up to. The energy in the waves was brilliant. I avoided being stung by the blue stingers that are around at present. I didn’t see any, but apparently my grandchildren were stung at a different beach, but not badly.

Just wanted to remind us about HappyMargo’s post on Day 13

4:13 pm
    11 Jan 17
    A good reminder:
    Even when I don’t see movement in the weight reduction area, I still come back to intermittent fasting for all its myriad of health benefits!

Just some of the many benefits that you can easily read up on:

-improved insulin sensitivity, lowers risk of Type 2 Diabetes
    -raised resting metabolic rate, sped up metabolism
    -lowered blood pressure
    -lower cholesterol
    -improvement in hormones that regulate true hunger cues
    -improved brain function, increased levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor
    -slowed aging to brain, possibly delaying or curtailing onset of dementia or Alzheimers
    -improved immune system
    -increased cell autophagy (a cellular waste-removal process)
    -starving off cancer cells
    -reduced acne
    -resting the digestive tract
    -reduction of inflammation in body
    -may also slow aging, extending lifespan

If I get shaky with my resolve on a Fast Day…
    I remind myself it’s not all about what size jeans I can squeeze into. It’s SO MUCH MORE!!! I review this list of benefits which steels my resolve & gives me the motivation to keep going!

I hope this helps someone out there who may be doubting or struggling too!!
    Be strong. We’re in this together! 🙂

D15/FD/Finland
    Thanks Fuvvie for your post. Found myself struggling this morning whether ti fast today or not. Decided to fast and happy now. I find that I easily start to think that mayby tomorrow would be a better FD than today. All kinds of reasons appear into your mind. This Forum is a great support.

Day 15, Gozo Malta, NFD

Weight this morning 65.1 kilos one kilo above target weight. Oh well. My daughter told me I’m having a colonoscopy for check up as problems run on my side of family. That will mean about three days on special water they give me.

Today is a birthday lunch form my son in law and I’m cooking the poussins with bourbon and oranges. Then I take it to my daughter s home. I only had coffee with milk.

Bert 1802 I have this to tell you, if you persist in 5:2 diet you will succeed. I lost 16 kilos in less than 5 months. I did 4:3 diet for three months though. I maintained since October and only gain now during Christmas time. So persistence is important. I never lost so much weight on any diet. You educate yourself health wise.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

DAY 15 – BUCKS UK – NFD

My FD yesterday turned into a NFD – partying last night with a dinner and wine and cake
    – but did so enjoy it…..will try to cut down a bit to-day, but won’t manage a fast.
    Much easier for me to fast in the week rather than at a weekend. Made the fatal mistake of popping onto the scales this morning and weight up considerably! Wish I had the added willpower to only weigh myself weekly. I may really try to do that from now on.

Thanks HM for replying – I may hit the high 130’s by March at my rate – but no lower for me.

Anna6 – your meal sounds delicious! 16k’s in 5 month sounds inspiring! Thanks for that. Enjoy your birthday lunch.

Day 15, NFD, New Zealand.

Day 15 NFD – Melbourne Australia
    Been picking a bit today. It’s TOTM……

Day 15 / FD / Oman
    I still find FDs very difficult but I’m stretching out my fasting time. I’ve just had water and coffee (with a drop of milk) today. I’m trying to hold off until 6pm…then have a 500cal dinner.

Day 15 Melbourne NFD
    Just slipping in for the day. Over TDEE yesterday for sure, maybe just on it today as only 2 meals, but dinner was generous… Still need to work on getting my NFDs in order.

Day 15 St.Louis, MO USA – FD

Seems like 4:3 might be my overall preference. After a day of eating 3 meals, I actually feel a bit sluggish. A small piece of birthday cake last night was so sweet it kinda hurt my teeth. Thinking about it now makes my mouth water but not in a salivating “I want CAKE!!’ sorta way, but instead in an “I COULD NOT eat any cake right now. Yuck.” kinda way. Interesting indeed coming from a sugar addict.

Very content with an FD today.

Day 15 Surrey UK FD hopefully..didn’t post yesterday, had no internet connection,and using my phone today. Bear with me till this is sorted, sorry!

UK day 15 NFD Managing to stay within reasonable boundaries will fast tomorrow

Day 15 – Canada – NFD

Day 14 NFD and Day 15 NFD Country West Australia

Arvandee, there must be a time warp in West Australia because I, too, lost a day somewhere and didn’t post yesterday!! ( 14th).
    It could have had something to do with going to morning tea, a baptism, driving to Perth ( 3 1/2 hours drive) lunch with friends, evening wedding, supper out.
    Today 15th, breakfast with friends, church, morning tea with other friends, lunch with family and friends and just rounded out the day nicely with dinner with family!!
    We have never had so many social occasions or people staying with us as we have since I started this WOL.
    I am trying to be mindful but the refrain in my head these past 2 days has been ‘ Food glorious food …’ and masses of exquisite morsels to tempt even the most hardened 5:2er.
    I have made some healthy choices and I have made some really not-so-healthy or good or wise choices.
    But they have been choices and I have made them, in many cases deliberately and I’m not sure why.
    Bert , belated congrats on recognition of work well-done.
    Pamela – virtual hugs. Don’t really know what to say except don’t worry about the weight loss at present. If you think about the benefits of IF ( thanks Fuvvie for re-posting them ) and looser jeans you will KNOW that benefits are not just in your head.
    Besides you have 100 other people across the world who have your back.
    Go well everyone . I’m Definitely trying for a FD tomorrow!!🙄

Day 15…….Friday……NFD

Happy Sunday everyone….. just a quick reminder to everyone…. You’ve made it half way through Jan. Regardless, of your current stats, you are still here and you getting closer to your final destination! I’m so proud of each and everyone of you!

Ciren…… A super huge Congrats to you, my love! You did it! I knew you could!

To all those who found support and comfort in my story…… I’m so thankful for that. I hope you find strength in knowing and understanding, you have my friends that have the same life experience that you have. Each and everyone of us, can do this!

Vaderz……… I understand the competition bug, I think all of us have it deep down in our souls. However, I did want you to know… That the big prize or trophy, is not award to the one that gets there the fastest, it is awarded to each and everyone of us, no matter how long it takes us!

Last but not least….. welcome aboard to our newest member!

Today, is another NFD for me. I ate junk all day long yesterday, but I did do a 16:8. So yay me! Last night, I started my fast 3.5 hrs late, so, I won’t break for another 6 hours, but my resolve is to have a better NFD with a little less junk and more wholesome food choices.

So on you tube, I subscribe to a young ladies channel. She is such a lovely person, But she started her journey at over 450 lbs, she posts video a couple times a week. So last night, I was watching her video and she was talking about a treat day. This is a day, once a month that she goes off her diet and enjoys anything and everything she loves and has restricted from her diet.
    That video got me thinking, I can’t imagine a way of life, that wouldn’t allow you the things you enjoy and where you must plan and allow yourself a treat day? Oh my, I just wanted to give her the biggest hug and tell her she didn’t need a treat day, if she followed our way of life….. but that’s neither here nor there.
    So, my question to all of you…. with this WOL, do any of you feel like you must have a treat day because you have restricted an item?
    Diets that I have done before, I needed a cheat day as I call them, but I no longer feel as if need them. Not only do I not restrict myself from anything but through 5:2, I’ve developed a new relationship with food.
    Just wondered what you thoughts were?
    A quick update in case you wondered, this lovely women has lost nearly 80lbs and if I’m not mistaken she was been doing this for about 6months.

What I also found out, is that I’m thinking I need to get a life because I watch to much YouTube……. just kidding I love YouTube!

Cheers!

Day 15 USA (Illinois) FD

I have decided I had better do a FD today since I have eating obligations for the next several days. That includes my every 50 day blood donation on Tuesday. I learned that I must keep up my fluids prior to giving so not to end up with dehydration distress. The flexibility of this WOL is one of my favorite aspects.

Bert – you asked about feeling like I deserve a treat/cheat day. No, not really deserve, but do I WANT one every so often? Yes. And maybe not a whole day of it but more adding back some calories that aren’t especially good for me. Our town has a terrific ice cream shop that is open March-October. Last summer, in the midst of strong 5:2 adherence, I made one day’s calories just their turtle sundae. Even the small one was likely well over 500 calories. That was my indulgence for the summer!

Fuvvie – I love that you are also a grammar nazi. Me too. And now we have 4 children, ages 45-35 who are also thanks to our insistence on proper grammar as they grew up.

Off to church — onward and downward!

Day 15 – Canada – NFD

Day 15/ Midwest USA/ FD

Yeah for us! We are half way through this month! friends invited me to a movie and supper out on a dreary, gray, cold day. So I will be creative- a no lunch day and the smallest dinner ever.
    Cheers.

Day 15 : Cheshire, UK : NFD

@ciren2 Yay! I’m so pleased……..well done. I knew you could do it 🙂 xo

Day 15 Portugal NFD
    64.5kg

Today is going well. I tend to overeat on NFDs but today and yesterday went well. It might have something to do with the fact that my OH is cutting out sweets, desserts, snacks and chocolate until end of January. I am joining him on this fast! So it means weekend snacking is out, which is a good thing, right? But, oh, it was so hard watching my two DDs making yummy dessert for themselves and me not being able to eat it! OH found it really hard too!

FD again tomorrow. I want to see some weight come off this week. Wishing you all a great, healthy, happy week.

Day 15 – Canada – NFD
    Feeling good today. The scale is up, 146.8 but it seems to go this way for me. Two steps down, one step up. Looking forward to FD Monday. Never thought I’d look forward to a Monday!

Day 15 – Staffordshire UK-nfd

Losing the wrong sort of pounds today, car got a puncture, that was £65 I’d not budgeted for. On the plus side sorting things out means I’ve not eaten very much and I’m out tonight so won’t be snacking later.

The meal was good wth mushroom soup as starter and chocolate fudge cake for dessert. I drunk some wine too. Thanks Jarbia. Good night

Just wanted to post quickly (will post again later) — came here to read the posts and catch up. All your posts to me made me cry (good tears). Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I know I’m from the states and likely shouldn’t really be posting here on a UK site but nuts to that, I love you all.

More later,
    me

but very quickly: because I”M NOT GIVING UP ON MYSELF

Day 14, NFD
    Day 15, FD

Day 15: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.
    After my first FD for 15 days I feel like someone who WAS being washed out to sea and have now found myself within reach of the safety of the beach. Relief and hope.
    Tomorrow, if I fast again, I will feel closer to that sandy beach and less likely to drown. Maybe then, I will weigh myself to check on the damage.
    Thank you everyone on this site for your kindness and encouragement. xx
    PamelaV: Of course you should be posting on this site…who said it was UK only?? Keep your spirits up and STAY WITH US! Hugs and love. xxx

UK day 15 nfd hello all

@pamelav 👏👏👏👍but this is a global forum so why would you not be here. It’s 5:2 that brings us together x

Day 15, Washington state

128, up 1.2 post water fasting for 4 days. Not bad! I was expecting like 3 pounds up overnight.

Non fast day today, but I always still try to hold out till lunch and eat within a 6 to 8 hour window.

I felt a little nauseous this morning, but drinking some cold fresh water helped.

Been staying busy playing with my son, he is two and a half. And such a little sweetheart! I have also been doing some chores that I didn’t do while water fasting.

I feel so much better today! Yesterday on my last water fast day I felt so ill, after only 4 days. Last time I lasted 17 days. But like my husband was saying, it’s not sustainable. He agrees that intermittent fasting is a better lifestyle choice. He is naturally slim and lives his life this way without even thinking about it. Some days he eats a lot and the next day he forgets to eat till dinner, it balances out. He has told me so many profound things! He told me that when he is really craving something for a few days, like Mexican food, he gives in. He doesn’t beat himself up about it. He just says “wow that was great!” and moves on with his life.

I have another friend who is naturally thin, during Halloween I asked her how she avoids eating candy, she said she doesn’t! She said she just eats it and returns to her normal healthy eating after, and whatever little weight she gains takes care of itself. She doesn’t jump on any diet, she just eats healthy like normal. She loves fruit and veggies, grew up that way. She eats organically, but she also has sweets sometimes.

I have read somewhere that if you ask a naturally thin person, usually a woman, if she watches her weight she would probably say no, but to her making healthy choices and balancing crap days with better days is a way of life. So they are actually telling the truth in a way, they just don’t realize they are doing it!

That’s my goal after getting to goal, and a little during the journey, to indulge without beating myself up, but instead just balancing it out.

I mentioned earlier that I also have 2 daughters. Katie is 8 and Cameryn is 7, they go with their dad on the weekend. I have Silas from this marriage 🙂 . My girls are so silly! They are complete night and day, like my sister and I were. Katie is type a personality, more sporty, more reserved, very bright though, smarter than I am sometimes!. And Cameryn is all heart! I always call her the little mommy because she adores her little brother and tries to be his mommy, it’s the sweetest thing! They are best buds! Cameryn is the artistic, emotional one. When she’s happy she’s HAPPY!! When she’s sad she’s…you get the picture! She is a lot like I was, and Katie is like her daddy. It’s amazing how God gives them their unique spirits 🙂 .

Silas, he is like a mix of the 2. Very bright like Katie, he knows his abc’s forwards and backwards, he can count to 20, and can “read” several words. He does most of this on his own, we hear him all day long counting and doing his abc’s. He is also very silly like Cameryn, the things he does just crack me up! And he is so sweet. Maybe Im biased (probably am) but I’ve never met a 2 year old boy that wasn’t a hellion. He is so happy and well behaved. For now at least!

Well, I better get going, I will check in later.

@Ciren just go with the flow – the ebb and flow of the tide. Sometimes a wave will carry you along but just not strong enough to push you to the beach. If you wait though and bide your time a wave will come that will carry you right up to the beach. Remember this is for life and not a race – bide your time, listen to the rhythm and when it’s right go for it. x

I love Europe! Do you guys prefer to say your weight in stones of kilograms?

I once knew what I was. In pounds I am 128, a stone is 14 pounds right? So I am 9 stone? I guess my goal is around 8 stone. I think Im around 60 kilograms? Lol, Im just guessing!

Wow 5ftfemale 17 days water fasting? You will find 2 day fasting a breeze! Do you have medical reasons for doing a prolonged water fast?

London | Day 15 | surprise surprise NFD!

Apologies for not posting for 2 days:
    Day 13 NFD
    Day 14 NFD

It’s been a busy week. I was working to a deadline to submit a conference abstract (deadline is tomorrow 9am) – managed to get it done early this afternoon.

So, in terms of FDs it’s been quite a disappointment to say the least. a whole week of NFDs. I’ve tried my best eat sensibly – it’s not been too bad. Sugar cravings are still a bit of a problem, but yesterday I managed to walk past my favourite cake shop without even looking (I count that a big success!).
    I braved the scales on Saturday morning and it was 65.3kg – I was surprised, I expected it to be more.

I have been going for Yoga, TRX etc diligently, so not being able to fast for a whole week hasn’t got me down too much. Exercise always lifts my mood.

So I’ll try again tomorrow – to make it a FD. We’re half way through this challenge already! I want to finish on a high 🙂

@ciren2 – well done on the long awaited FD 🙂 and thanks for the hugs.
    Can I join you on the FD tomorrow?

Good luck everyone xx

Day 15|NFD|Toronto

Day 15,Canada,NFD

Day 15 – Cumbria UK – NFD

A somewhat over indulgent 3 day weekend so I’m really looking forward to a FD tomorrow!

@ciren2 – YAY for you – I knew you would find your way back when it felt right – so happy for you
    @bert1802 – really enjoyed reading your Day 14 post – THANK YOU for sharing your weight loss journey so frankly with us – hopefully it will encourage any newbies or anyone who is struggling – it is not always an easy journey we all have days where the struggle is real.
    @goldensun – I totally know where you are coming from – reading the posts here is inspiring and so encouraging when I’m struggling
    @fuvvie – sounds like you had a great visit with your ex work colleagues and go you for staying mindful with your eating/drinking whilst out in a group – not easy to do!!! Having been retired for 3 years now, I’m like you in that I do not miss the work at all but miss good friends/colleague, especially as I have moved from the south to living in Cumbria on retirement – I still meet up with some friends from down south a couple of times a year and it is always so lovely!
    @5ftfemale – Welcome – WOW on the 17 days and more recently 4 days of water fasting and that with small children to look after as well!!!!!! was that a personal choice??? as @coda says the 5:2 WOL will be a breeze for you!! FYI – 128lbs = 9st 2lbs = 58.06kg

Lovely to read everyone’s posts, we are an amazing diverse group and as @coda said how like a world wide family we all are – we share our ups and our downs and we have an amazing support network available to us.

@ciren2 – I’ll be holding your hand tight tomorrow as I will also be doing a FD – looks like @lilymartin, @pissupoosa, @blueninjamum, @erika45, @brightonbelle are all joining us as well

Together we are strong.

Day 16 Waikato NZ NFD
    @ciren2 Well done, I found it hard to restart FD again but now I’ve done 3 (I think) I’m actually looking forward to the next one!
    @pamelav I live in NZ so this is a real global site. I was born in the UK in the west midlands and came out to NZ with my parents in 1959 as a “10 pound pom””.Have revisited “home” several times and my son now lives in Kent with his wife and two children. I have a daughter and son-in-law here and they also have two children. The only trouble is its just so expensive to travel now.
    The grandchildren are staying over because its school holidays here so we are going to take them to Miranda hot pools for the day. A lovely day is forcast. Actually everyday is a lovely day, isn’t it?
    Have a great day people.

Day 15– Colorado, USA– NFD

So here’s my dilemma. Maybe my Fellow Fasters have had similar experiences or perhaps some suggestions for how to handle this:

DH has Friday, Saturday & Sundays off work. Nice schedule for him, but it makes it so much harder to stick with FD or TDEE when he’s home. It shouldn’t, but it does. It throws off my routine & I end up eating around his pattern, plus too many calories going out to restaurants.

Normally, I skip breakfast altogether. He typically eats a big breakfast & then skips lunch.
    When DH’s around home, he always wants to go out for breakfast together (even if it’s just McDonald’s.) Once I was able to sit with him & sip coffee while he ordered food. But it felt really awkward for him.

Maybe I just need to keep doing that. Stick to my guns & my routine. Keep him company over breakfast by ordering just a coffee. Otherwise, every 3-day weekend seems to end up such a huge step backward and I have to start each new week fixing it.

I’m not sure I’m explaining this very well. Hope it made sense. And, if you guys have any suggestions on how to better handle my weekly 3-day-eat-around-DH’s-routine challenge, I’m all ears!! 🙂 thanks!

Sweden Day 15 NFD

Today was definitely a feast day but on the whole my eating is becoming more balanced so I’ve decided not to panic about it and focus on how I feel (which is good!) I think it is much better for me to be a little more relaxed than strict, feel good and lose weight slowly, rather than try to be super strict, feel bad and give up.

Day 13: NFD
    Day 14: NFD
    Day 15: today FD

Was really reaching for 4:3 but I’ve failed at keeping that pace. I’ll tell you one thing though, progressive light soups have been a lifesaver (or hunger saver) on the days I work. I do 3-12 hour shifts a week and I’m in a office all day so I need to make sure to keep snacks away. I’ll weigh in tomorrow and kind of excited. Yesterday was our anniversary and we opted for Mexican food and we split a margarita. Huge for me!! It’s nice that I’m more aware of what I am putting in my body.

Day 16 Sunshine Coast Qld Australia:FD 107.1kgs

Looks like there are quite a few of us doing FDs today. Good luck one and all. I’m taking 5 grandchildren to the movies. We are going to see Sing. Last time I took them I ate ice cream and popcorn. Today, I’m buying their snacks before we go and will stick to sparkling mineral water. I signed on to TheDietDoctor yesterday and watched several videos re LCHF. I was letting a few carbs sneak back in but will endeavour to remove them again from my daily eating in order to feed myself fat and burn fat, rather than eat carbs and burn carbs, leaving the fat intact. If it has to be a choice of one over the other, the fat burning is my choice. It made a lot of sense to me. I managed it very well over the first 5 months of this WOL, but when I let the carbs back in, my determination leaked out bit by bit. As they say, watch this space.

Happy Margo, the video I watched said that you can go into fast food outlets and eat their food and still lose weight. You just eat the meat and salad and no bun in a burger or have bacon and eggs. They are high fat but don’t increase insulin as much (Jason Fung says too much protein does push up insulin), so maybe that can work for you. It’s the insulin that pushes up the hunger dragon. Just a thought. Otherwise accept that your husband is making choices and you are allowed to make your choices as well.

Day 15 | NFD | Bucks UK

Day 16 NZ FD
    Songbirdme- I’m from New Zealand and I’m having visions of a tall glass of ice cream with a tiny little turtle sitting on top kicking his legs around holding onto one of those little red cherry things you see in pictures of ice cream sundaes….but for the life of me I can’t imagine wanting to eat a turtle!!! I’m sure (almost) that there’s no actual turtles involved in your ice cream, but I’d love to know what a turtle sundae really is?

Happymargo- I think it’s fabulous that you spend time together like that and I’m a strong believer marriage is about compromise but the only compromise you seem to see in your scenario is the ones you make.
    Have you considered that some weekends it is his turn to conform to your preferred pattern and you go out for a nice lunch together instead of breakfast? Either he could eat something small earlier if he can’t last all morning or you meet in the middle and have brunch?

Day 15 SW WA USA NFD

Belated birthday greetings to you Anna6 & congratulations on all the weight that’s gone down for you.

Happy Anniversary to Mamacat & congratulations on your choices.

5ftfemale from Washington state – thanks for introducing us to Silas, Katie & Cameron. It sounds like you’ve observed some important things in slender people around you. As Bert and others on this forum have mentioned it’s a journey of how we think about food. Dr Mosley put together something that is doable & sustainable in the 5:2. It’s flexible & encourages social interaction with your loved ones.

Bert – I actually find I don’t need to have a “cheat” day on 5:2. I just might not have something on my FD but I’ll have it on my NFD. I just try to have it be part of my TDEE. That’s why I chose this WOL; so I don’t go crazy feeling deprived…

Day15. Sussex,U.K.
    NFD.
    Ciren – yay, go go go. I knew you could do it. Your post gave me a big smile.
    Good luck on your journey everyone.

Day 16, Sydney, FD

First proper fast day in 10 days. I’m feeling excited. Weight is up a little bit (about 1kg) but not surprising seeing as this last week has been very social and there has been a lot of wine and apple cider involved, but otherwise pretty healthy and reasonable choices made.

Been invited to a friends place tonight, so I might try to save my 500 cals til dinner (haven’t done that before).

Day 16 Sydney FD

Having a nice light day today after a weekend in Melbourne with the family. It was a bit hectic so apologies for no log ins for the past few days.
    Day 13 – NFD
    Day 14 – NFD
    Day 15 – NFD

Weigh in tomorrow so will check in then. Have a good week everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 2,440 total)

You must be logged in to reply.