30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day-November 2016-Challenge!

This topic contains 3,401 replies, has 151 voices, and was last updated by  LindaSue 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,251 through 3,300 (of 3,410 total)

• Day 26 WA USA FD hopefully

Boxing day here in Canada still with familiy. It was a special blessing to be with my parents along with my son yesterday. Mom & Dad are 86 & 89. I’m fortunate to have them in my life still.

Plan is to enjoy a waffle feed at my brother & SIL before my son & I head back to WA continuing on liquid for the rest of the day as we drive.

It’s a good to hear of all your celebrations.

Day 26 UK

It’s been a lovely Christmas with the family ans a joy to be with 2 daughters and their 3 year olds, they really enjoyed Christmas this year. I do, however find the amount that is spent, particularly on one of them, doesn’t sit comfortably with me. No chance to play with a present before another was opened, we did get out for walk with new bike and scooter but apart from lunch it took all day and we opened last presents just before bed time! Quite exhausting!!
    Things are very different these days, too many β€˜must have toys’ even at such a young age.

I have enjoyed festive treats but know that I can rein in again starting tomorrow. I do find the lack of exercise the worst, walks are slow with bursts of running, with 3yr olds!! A saviour is stairs not used to them at home but do a fair amount of runnig up and down, which probably helps! We get home on the 2nd will weigh in then.

I hope others have been more restrained, but the main thing is that we’ve enjoyed time with family and friends.

Good luck everyone!

2nd post

Thank you AT for your quote to take us into the new year I will print that one!

Fuvvie great news that you’ll lead us through January, brilliant to have a quote for each day to keep us motivated and on track!! I will surely need every bit of help!!

Day 26– Colorado, USA– NFD

Resting in bed as I’ve caught some bug. Fever, chills, stomach pain. Maybe it’ll turn int o FD as I just can’t bear the thought of eating anything.

Oh well, yesterday was quite lovely! No nieces & nephews around this year, but an enjoyable Christmas with my DH.

Think I’ll doze off for another nap now, & hopefully tomorrow will see me back to my healthy self.

UK day 26 Nfd just a check in, will catch up on posts from yesyerday x

Day 26 : Cheshire, UK : NFD

Day 25 & 26 NFD
    Just checking in. Unfortunately I have been unwell for the last couple days. At least it meant I didn’t overeat! Really bad head cold, sore throat, nausea. Christmas day was a blur! Just about managed to eat dinner yesterday and today. Hoping to go away for a couple of nights tomorrow if feeling better.

@fuvvie I look forward to January. You led in October, I think, which was my first month and I found it so helpful and motivating, thank you.

Day 26: Pacific NW USA, NFD, next FD not until Friday – then will try that u-turn that AT told us about! Happy Boxing Day everyone, a big Dungeness crab feed and sushi tonight for us.

Day 27 FD damp overcast West Australia

Have a fridge full of food – leftovers and newly cooked, a house full of family, several more social occasions until next Monday but after 2 days indulgence my body is protesting.
    So a FD it is.
    AT your sea bass sounds amazing. In fact all the food mentioned on here sounds great – no wonder we have problems at times keeping the calories under control!

Further to AT’s quote and getting ready for January’s thread , as Tom Venuto of ‘ Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle ‘ fame says – train hard, expect success.

~ forgot to wish those who celebrate “Happy Boxing Day” ~ never have celebrated it myself, but glad for all of you who do!

Day 27 yorkshire nfd
    I have eaten for the whole of North Yorkshire oh dear, an I had been good up until Xmas eve, I seem to put weight on so easily, can someone explain 16:8 to me the way they do it as in what time you go till an from,
    I will be good all day today but I am out tonight then tmrw eve the same, to many social situations but it’s a good thing an I’m telling myself that Jan I can work extra hard,
    Have a good day to onean all x

Georgia/USA/ DAY 27/ NFD: It felt good to fast yesterday after the Christmas weekend. I ate with reckless abandon! Lol. I just enjoyed my family and the holiday treats and good food along with it. I had the best time enjoying my family which is out of the norm for me. Here’s to you all! Looking forward to the new year!

Day 27 Melbourne NFD
    Adding my Big Thanks to b2f for an amazing 2 months of leadership – wow, has it been that long? It flew by! And to Fuvvie for volunteering for January, much appreciated .
    Have just thrown caution to the wind since guests here, and looking toward to climbing back on the wagon on Thursday… Have no idea what the scales will say, but can’t possibly be good. Well Done to those who stayed restrained πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ and there’s always tomorrow, for those of us who didn’t manage it this time 🐌 We’ll get there, just a bit slower πŸ˜‰

Day 27 USA (Illinois)

NFD – getting ready for a New Year’s trip to daughter’s in Utah, leaving tomorrow. Will do my best to watch for the link for January. I am sure I will need you all to keep on the straight and narrow!

Day 27….. Florida….. NFD

Yesterday, didn’t turn out as I hoped it would.

When my emotions are in full swing, I tend to forage for the sweets….. I think I ate everyone one of them in the house yesterday.
    You see, I was raised by a single mother but that mother happened to be my sister. Don’t get me wrong, my Mom was around but not like I needed her. Emotionally and psychologically, she was unable to raise me. My father for unknown reason was not there. No one in my family knows why, and the mother won’t say the reason. Anyways…. My father went home to see the Lord in July of this year. My two sisters knowing that I would only get lies and half truths about where I came from and how I came about from our mother, always did there best to show me how much I am loved and tell me what they could about my father and the other brothers and sisters I had.
    So, when my father died, I reached out to the other side. Not to stir the pot or cause trouble but to offer my condolences as well to morn a father I never knew. I never would have imagined, that a man I never knew, death would hit me as hard as it would. I never expected to hear anything back, I figured his side was going to let sleeping dog continue to sleep. I was okay with that, I actually expected that. After all, that’s my life…. My life a long hard battle, I’ll never win!
    Okay…… sorry…. back to my emotional day….. Yesterday, I receive a card and letter from one of my fathers children… My brother. The letter told me a little about my grandparents, a lot about my father, filled in some of the blanks including the fact that they did know about me. They didn’t know if I was a girl or boy, and at that point they were just trying to keep the family they knew together.
    My sister feels as if this was a grand gesture and a fantastic Christmas gift, now I must contemplate where I go from here.
    I am sorry, I didn’t mean to burden you all with this, I guess, I just need to say it out loud, while I try to figure out where to file it in my head so it makes sense and sits properly.

Today, I’m heading to Orlando to see some family! No FD for me!
    Cheers!

Day 27 Sunshine Coast Australia NFD: Still no restraint and paying the price, but looking forward to putting the right foot forward shortly. Have had friends visit today that my husband and I went to school with. That has been lovely. Nothing like a blast from the past.
    Bert, what a conundrum. Thinking of your coming to terms with your current situation and know you will come up with the answer that sits right for you. It’s a strange world that we live in but it sounds as though you are making a pretty good fist of living your life and the extras the bonuses or otherwise that come into our lives for whatever reason. Good luck and lots of wisdom in making your decisions about what to do next.

2nd post: Here is the link, I hope, for the January challenge:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/31-day-january-2017-challenge/

Still the rest of the week to go in this challenge. Will be driving to Brisbane to drop my husband off at the airport on the 1st January, but will catch up on the new posts and get comfort at not being totally alone whilst I have my cyber buddies to keep me company.

Day 27: Gloucestershire, UK: (final?) non-fast day.
    Hoovering up the sweet treats and Christmassy food to get it out of sight, and inside me, (!) forever.
    Tomorrow I am back at work and sincerely hope I can get back a first fast-day since day 12.
    I weighed myself this morning….nearly four pounds UP…..

NYC, Day 27, FD.

I have failed this challenge miserably. My goal was to maintain 120.3. I am now 123.5. While this looks like a small gain, I am 5′ 1″ and this represents a regain of 30% of what I lost. I am NOT going back there.

I am fasting today and Thursday and hope to end the month in 122 land. I will NOT go back to 130+.

I have a fancy dress ball on January 28. I intended to look smashing!

Day 27 UK NFD

Well everyone I’m off and good luck for the New Year. I’ve been a member of this group since November and Nine pounds down.

Off on holiday now will catch up with you all at the end of Jan, then take over in Feb, there’s a resolution for you, probably need it after three week holiday.

Good luck all, my new year resolution will be each month to end the month lighter than I started it, and stick to 2 Fast Days minimum a week for all the other benefits. If I keep that up then gotta end each month healthier and I dare say happier than I started it.

Off to Oz will get there in about 2 days.

I know I could check in each day as we have Australian friends here, but to tell you the truth I wanna just relax and get my mind off everything and spend it with family. Will miss u guys and find you next year, you all better be here! X πŸ˜€πŸ‘over and out x thank you all.

Day 27 – Cumbria UK – FD

Definitely needed to do a FD today – did not sleep at all well last night – feeling so full from a lovely xmas dinner with DD and OH last night – too much food and drink consumed over the past 3 days – even though there still was no room for that xmas pudding last night!!!!!!!!

I have not weighed myself since 20/12 and will not weigh until 31/12 so will have my end of December weight and my start weight for the January challenge that @fuvvie has kindly agreed to lead.

Thank you to @back2thefuture for the leadership over November and December – I am so glad that I found this group – eternally grateful for the accountability of signing in daily and the advice given on here regarding various fasting styles…..etc. This forum gave me strength and focus – I got off the plateau I had been stuck on for over 3 months and lost that final 5kg/11lbs getting me to my ideal weight before Xmas – I hope that by fasting this week I will be back at there when I weigh in on 31/12.

@happymargo – hope you feel better soon – like you there was only my OH and I on Xmas Day and we had a lovely day just pleasing ourselves – DD joined us for Boxing Day and so had another lovely family day – but did eat and especially drink too much over the 3 days from xmas eve……..
    @erika45 – hope you feel better soon too
    @s1u2e3 – 16:8 is when you fast for 16hrs and eat in the remaining 8hr window – you can choose when to start the 24hr clock from, whatever suits you best e.g. after lunch or after dinner. I tend to do this if I have a meal out planned with friends say tomorrow night – I will fast after my evening meal tonight and not eat until I go out tomorrow night but I make sure that I drink plenty of water during that time; others will eat e.g. a light lunch after a 16hr fast then have an evening meal within that 24hr period.
    @bert1802 – thank you for sharing – sometimes it helps to write down all these thoughts to give us clarity on the way forward – “A major life decision is never a choice but rather a realisation that the decision has already been made – Doug Cooper” Hope you find your way to the right decision for you.
    @ciren2 – you will find the strength to do that U-turn and do your FD tomorrow – I will do a B2B FD tomorrow and keep you company – we can do this together!
    @k-lo – stay strong – you have got this
    @lynzm – Have a brilliant time in Oz and we will catch up on your travels in February and look forward to having you lead us forward

After today we have four days left of this challenge – time to rally and fit in a couple of FD before the New Year’s Eve celebrations

Day 27 – Staffordshire UK -nfd

Braved the scales this morning, I’m now 155lb, so failing to maintain the 152lb on 1st Dec but still below the 157 on 1st Nov. (Down from heaviest of 164lb in May)

I’m looking at it as a step back but not the end of the world. So my new target will be to undo the Christmas increase by the end of January.

AT: You are joining me? Then I MUST fast tomorrow without fail, first time since day 12….holding hands together we can do it. Currently I feel such a failure (sorry Coda. it slipped out). I know I’m one of several who have gained over Christmas, but has anyone gone so long without a fast-day??

2nd post

@ciren2 – I’ll definitely join you tomorrow
    You have got this and together we will get over the line
    Your are not that F…… word but a strong woman who has inspired others in your own journey.
    As Sir Edmund Hillary said – “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves”

Virtual hug coming your way

Day 27 : Cheshire, UK : NFD

@bert1802 sending a big warm hug xoxo

Day 27 WA USA NFD

Back in southwest WA. Pretty much kept to a FD yesterday while travelling home. My son is with me from Florida & he’s a good sport and supportive of this WOL My former MIL was also supportive as I was at her home for several days. I’ve been able to keep to 2 FDs a week; just changing the days at times. The scale is up a tad this morning but hopefully get in another FD before the end of the month.

Bert – will be praying for you as you process, that’ll you’ll have wisdom in what is healthy for you moving forward.

Day 27 UK

Quick checkin.

A Resonable day up to tdee.

Hi all uk day 27 attempted fast day but only lasted to 1pm. Still not caught up on posts so quick check in x

Day 26….. Florida…. NFD

AT and Ciren2….. will you hold my hand too…. Come hell or high water, I am doing a FD tomorrow, even if it kills me!

Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind words. Everything will workout, I am sure of that. It always does. I know the road, I’m suppose to take will open up when it’s time……

Well, it’s been a long day, time to unwind…….

Cheers my friends!

Day 28 FD cold windy wintery country West Australia
    Yesterday’s FD turned into a 16:8 which isn’t too bad.
    Scales this morning show only 400 gm rise which is a major miracle considering what I consumed for the past few days! BUT it was a lot less than I would previously have consumed so this WOL works even when we feel we have not made our best choices.

Still have masses of food in the house along with family/guests which I love. Fortunately my boys are like ‘roo dogs – long and lean. One eats enough for 2 but it doesn’t show too much .
    The other is even leaner and quite ‘ripped’ but is very disciplined with his eating ( always has been unlike his mother!!) He even resisted pudding and connoisseur ice-cream last night.

A 10 hour work day today so will be easier to fast due to no lunch break.
    Lynx – hope you enjoy your holiday in Oz and time with family.
    Bert – thoughts and prayers as you make decisions
    Ciren – will be thinking of you as you work
    b2tf – I know I’ve said it before but it’s worth repeating, thanks and appreciation in spades for keeping this thread going. I KNOW I would not still be maintaining this WOL without your leadership and this group’s support .
    Fuvvie – thanks in anticipation for January’s challenge, I’ll be there!
    To the group – thank you thank you thank you. Look forward to journeying together.πŸ˜„πŸŒ¬

US Day 27 NFD but 16:8. I did a 16:8 yesterday too. I eat between 12 and 8 (or sometimes 11:30 to 7:30). the 16:8 really brings home my issues with late night snacking. Thinking of you Bert… you’re right… you will find your way when the road opens to you.

B2tf… thanks for hosting for such a long time. You have been a wonderful leader. Fuvvie… looking forward to getting back in the saddle in January!

Day 26 & 27 USA NFD
    signing in for yesterday as I don’t see my post.
    16:8 and 18:6 and low carb today….

Day 27: Pacific NW USA, NFD as ever there was one. I’ll catch up with you all tomorrow.

Surprising how easy it is to unconsciously eat a whole lot of calories! I keep waking up to reality only to drift back into the next round of eating and cheers. Good family fun though and it is so very special to be with them all. But even OH is commenting on what a difference this is compared to our new normal.

Thanks be returned to all of you for sticking with this thread through my November and December. I’m sure I benefitted the most! If anyone wants to report their weight changes, insights, goals accomplished or revised in December I will be glad to tally on the 31st before we switch over to Fuvvie’s new forum.

Day 28 / Tweed Coast Australia / FD

Hi, I’m back and kind of lost track of whether my posts actually were posted while traveling. My guess is that some didn’t, given that my ipad didn’t seem to work on some of the public area wifi systems. Anyway, I’m doing well! Though I had a couple of splurge out type days, I returned home to find I’m 200 grams lighter than the morning that we departed and that morning was at the end of a FD! Hoping the scales are still accurate! I’ll have to test them!

Day 28 – Cumbria UK – FD

Not the easiest of FDs yesterday (first one for over a week!) however I stayed well below 500cal and drank my 2L of water – I try to drink a lot of hot water sometimes with lemon in winter – I find that this helps keep the hunger at bay.

Right a new day and a new start @ciren2 and @bert1802 – “Wake up, smile and tell yourself, today is my day” – together we are stronger and virtually holding hands we will complete this FD together – think about how good we will feel tomorrow having accomplished it.

@Lael – well done you
    @back2thefuture – Thank you for your hard work and commitment to this forum – you have kept us together and strong

Day 28– Colorado USA — FD

Woke up with a start at 2:00 AM, so confused, “Where am I? What are those alarms? Why does my belly HURT so badly?!?”
    Then suddenly recalled, I’m in the hospital. 😞 With a full bowel obstruction.

Warning, medical TMI:
    What I thought on Monday morning was a “stomach bug” turned into a full flare up of my Crohn’s disease. It’s been in complete remission for 11 years. According to my doctors, the stress & body-wide, systemic inflammation from having two foot surgeries, then the NSAID medications afterwards compounded to inflame my intestines & cause a full blockage. Sigh.

So currently have an NG tube hoovering out my gastric contents. And completely NPO, nothing by mouth. So I’m currently on a hospital enforced 5 day Fast. At the end of which they’ll determine if the inflammation has reduced enough or if surgery is needed to remove a portion of my bowel.

I’m feeling confident that I can heal up & go home soon!
    And right now, I’m thinking after my 5-day Fast that JELLO will taste heavenly! πŸ˜€

Yeah I’m down a little on the scales but not back to where I was before Xmas, doing a FD today all the buffet food is gone so no temptation,
    Thanks b2future for leading, it does help as I find it to easy to slip back into old habits,
    I have geared up a buddy to do boxercise in the new year, so am determined to step up my non active exercise routine.

Day 28 Surrey UK Yesterday was a better day in terms of how much was eaten. I am not home, today travelling again, hopefully have access to a scale and report the damage of the last week. Sorry @happymargo, Crohns disease is not much fun..Hope it gets better quickly! @bert1802, wow! You have a lot to deal with and process. It is easy to sit on the side and give advice, but you are the one who has to process what has been given to you. Resilience is a powerful attribute to have, and we are all here to support you. My heart goes out to you!
    I have been reading the guide to fasting and looking forward to some challenges in January. I think possibly a 3 day fast is on the cards! Have a great day one and all.

Georgia/ Day 28/Nfd: today is a non fast day, but I’m gonna fast anyway . I’ve put on some holiday pounds since last week.

Day28 – Staffordshire UK-nfd

Day 28 Sussex U.K.
    FD.
    B2TF – sorry have been off the radar since 19th. Completely off the wagon and trying to get back on. Maybe I was a bit emotional this year. It was the first time OH and I were on our own for over 40 years. Ok, but I miss the grandchildren, who are all abroad. So much time skyping and texting on the day that no dinner, we just had snacks! Lol.
    Thanks so much for leading us this month and look forward to continuing with Fuvvie in January.
    Ciren – sending you a big hug, we can do this, and well done to all those who had a great Christmas and kept it together, food wise.

UK day 28 NFD- aiming to gradually start pulling things back, I know I’ve put on a couple of pounds but I’m not going to get weighed until I start the New January challenge when I am determined to commit fully for an entire month , until then I won’t be fasting but am going to start reducing sugar,alcohol and cheese – my big Christmas downfall, see you all in January – will try and catch up on all posts this afternoon , hope everyone’s OK x

London | Day 28 | NFD

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.
    Apologies for not posting over the holidays. Well and truly fallen off the wagon – so it’s all been NFDs. Not has bad as I thought they’d be but still a lot chocolate was consumed!
    I haven’t checked my weight, but i know and feel I have put on a couple of kilos – so there goes the December target of maintenance!

I’m back at work 29th and 30th, so the plan is to do a back to back fast. Anyone want to join? Would like to get back on track ASAP. It’s impossible when I’m at home surrounded by food.

Hope everyone is doing OK. Stay strong x

Day 28…. Florida…… FD

Today is MY day!
    Thanks AT and Ciren for holding my hand too! This is my first FD in almost 3 weeks.
    It gonna e a challenge considering, the time between FD ‘S as well as I’m home. We don’t work between Christmas and the New Year. It’s not like at work, home I can go into the kitchen anytime I’d like…..
    But, I’m looking forward to the challenge and to finally here my belly again. Lately, all I’ve heard from it was distress! I didn’t forget, it just seems like it’s voice wasn’t quite as important as what was going on at that time.

HappyMargo…… You are in my prayers. It’s terrible that you had a flare up amongst all that has been going. I’m hoping the medicine does its job and no surgery is needed!

So, I jumped over for a minute to the Jan. thread. To my complete surprise people are already posting! Some friendly face but also some new ones…. I won’t be posting my final stats here until the 31st. I’ve got a couple more days to show something, maybe instead of a gain, I’ll be able to at least stay the same…..
    Plus, I’ve got to get at least 5 lbs off, I’m in desperate need of a hair cut….. lol

P.S….. I’ve decided to write back. I was given an olive branch, so I’ve decided to try and find the whole tree. You never know where it could lead, I know in the end, I’m going to find out a whole lot more about myself….. a journey of self discovery!
    It would be nice to know why, I’m so different from the family I was raised with but I know it sounds crazy but I don’t look like anyone on my mothers side. So, it would be interesting to see who I look like!
    Looks like 2017, is going to be one hell of a year!

NYC, Day 28, NFD.

YEsterday’s FD went well. Back below 123 this morning. I will keep to TDEE today, as I had a very sensible 5 Grain hot cereal for breakfast and brought some homemade chicken soup for lunch.

2nd post

Thanks NorrieB & Bert for the healthy wishes. Crohn’s disease & bowel obstructions are quite an angry bear! Pretty painful. And quite a surprise for me after 11 years remission. Anyway, I’m following all the doctors’ rules & hope to be enjoying some orange Jell-O soon!! πŸ˜ƒ

My goodness, Bert for all you’ve had happen, you really have kept a wonderful sense of humor! Sounds like 2017 may just be quite an adventure ahead! Hope it brings some new insight & joys to you!

Also, haircut reward for 5 lb. loss is a brilliant idea!

Day 28, Gloucestershire, UK: FAST DAY, thanks to AT and Bert…so far so good.
    Together we can do it xx

Day 28 USA Illinois NFD heading to daughter’s and granddaughters in Utah. Gonna ski!
    Happy New year to all!

Bert: I only just read what you wrote yesterday about your family and can see how much you are hurting. I am HOLDING YOUR HAND TODAY. Big hugs xx

US SC Dat 28 NFD.

Pissupoosa… I’ll do the back to back with you. I’m back in work tomorrow also.
    Hannah…. feel better soon!
    Bert… happy for you .. i hope all goes well.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,251 through 3,300 (of 3,410 total)

You must be logged in to reply.