30 Day April 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day April 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,616 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  Chubbybiker 7 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,351 through 2,400 (of 2,621 total)

• Hello all UK day 27 FD

I have been troubled with dry itchy skin over the last few days especially my legs and back – wondering if it is food related – sugar and salty foods seemingly can aggravate it – crisps and midget gems may be the culprit and I wonder why I am not getting anywhere lol. Will be another good reason to cut them out and instead up my intake of good fats. Trial and error. Will I be able to say no sorry can’t have that because….. or will the dragon over ride it? So glad I am not addicted to alcohol or cigarettes.

@hannahwatto – so glad you are sticking with it and trying an alternative version – there are so many commutations of 5:2 there is one that will suit.

Day 27 – FIN – FD
    Day 26 – NFD

Running on too little sleep again (10 hrs the last two nights combined) due to another deadline. Didn’t manage to catch up even last night since I fell asleep on the couch and couldn’t fall asleep again after waking up at 6.

Just had my first meal of the day – fruit and nuts, the usual fast day fast breaker as of late. I’m saving the rest of the allowed calories for dinner. Despite being hesitant at first, I think this approach of eating as late as possible suits me the best as well.

@debster251, thank you for the tips on sating FD hunger. Will give at least the sparkling water + lemon combo a try today (the others possibly later when I have the ingredients).

@pashaw Positive thoughts to you and your OH.

Day 27, Belfast, NFD
    A good FD yesterday. I had a few things on my mind so did some gentle yoga when I got home from work. Lovely, and it passed an extra hour before dinner. Then a wee bath before bed… We do need to look after ourselves, body and mind.
    I’m considering a FD tomorrow so it could be a 4:3…but it’s Friday…and payday lol! Anyway, whatever I do I’ll try to be semi-sensible. Good luck all FDers today!

Day 27 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Yesterday’s FD was all I needed it to be at 500 calories. Maintenance is working doing 6:1 and really being judicious on NFD’s with only small indulgences. I do love salt, more than sugars, so I know I must retain water especially on NFD’s. Reading 158.5# on the scale this morning makes me happy.

Also, I continue to clean out closet items that are too big (still have a few XL’s in there!)and finding I can buy new things on sale that are 12’s and some 14’s. I can even get a M in one of my favorite tee-shirts from Duluth Trading Company. Even though I know I could weigh less, for the wrinkle’s sake, I am content where I am. That 25 BMI makes me smile. DH and I are both at 25 now – yeah!

@pashaw – prayers for your OH and for you too. Having an ill family member can be such a strain on everyone.

@at – thank you for the wine sugar research. Yes, just stopping at one glass might be my problem too. On occasion I can. White Zin’s and blended reds are my favorite. I’ve discovered a new Aussie Shiraz that I really enjoy called “19 Crimes.” My Aussie friend can’t seem to find it there though. Interesting.

Wet day today, but I have the day to get ready for Friday company. I need to break my fast. Onward and downward!

Day 27 Maine FD

Good morning all! Working a 11-7 shift today, so late dinner of eggs & veggies. Stay pretty controlled yesterday – made a Mexican spaghetti squash dinner – yummy. However, I did manage to eat (stuff) a few chunks of Brie( leftover from Easter) while prepping dinner – not sure why – just saw it & ate it. Should have nursed a cup of bone broth or sucked on a mint – hate when I do that! Oh well, new day & I know I can do better.

@pashaw – we’re all thinking of you & sending positive vibes to help your husband & you through this.

@triplet – good for you!

Off for a therapy walk in the peas soup fog -hope I don’t get lost! – desperately need some sun.

Make it a fabulous day!

Day 26- Montreal-NFD
    Day 27- ” “- FD

Day 27 USA FD
    @luna09 and @johnnyr I too have been doing ADFs and finding good inspiration I’m Dr. Fung. It really helps me to have those resources of blogs, YouTube videos and books when I need a boost or a reset to stay on track.

Needing an extra boost to stay on track today. The very sweet Montessori School kids across the hall from my Nia studio are having a bake sale today for summer science camp. They have made elaborate posters to advertise and yesterday the whole hall smelled like a delicious mini muffin factory. Being smart marketers, they figured out that an excellent time to sell would be directly after my morning Nia class ends, when about 20+ women walk out the studio door into their big eyes, mini muffin, paradise! One of my students said “thank heavens they don’t know how to make a latte or we would have to do double Nia to undo the damage!”

So here’s to supporting their camp, enthusiastically eating one small muffin, and giving an extra monetary donation without all the carbs (they assured me that these are the healthiest mini-muffins I will ever eat!).

Day 27 – East Coast Canada – NFD
    Day 26 – FD
    Day 25 – NFD
    Day 24 – FD
    Day 23 – NFD
    Day 22 – NFD
    Day 21 – NFD
    Day 20 – NFD
    Day 19 – FD

The month is getting away from me! Heading to Europe for a month, there is a lot to do to get ready (I am not complaining). Looking forward to seeing how all of our friends have managed with the April Challenge – it has been great to have the accountability to this group.

I have found modesty and adaptability(something I learned from reading the I Ching) is the way through the twists, turns of getting through Birthday and Holiday celebrations and still finding my way back to losing weight. 🤞modesty here: at least I hope what I’m doing, fasting, this week will help get me to my goal. So far I made it through my 3rd FD onto my 4th in a row. I feel lighter, healthier and less stressed. Basically happier. One day at a time.
    @annemarilyn Good wishes to you on your journey of 5 FD’s in a row. Wishing you well for today and tomorrow.✨🌈✨😊
    @at ✨✨🎉🎉You are doing great at maintaining your goal weight!! I appreciate all your research. It is good to know. I’ll have to choose a good Pinot Grigio.✨🍷If I drink wine. If I can I’m going wait until June though. Hopefully I will have lost to my goal weight. Or at least pretty close.
    @mrsgettingthere Thank-you for the update I think FD will get you there.😊So many members in our April group have done really well, lowered blood sugar lost weight consistently with the BSD 800 cals a day. When we’re wanting to lose weight It can be hard to get out of the sugar cycle, but it is much healthier for us and we go into fat burning mode which helps us lose weight. Good luck to you for the rest of the month.😊
    @hannahwatto Good for you! Your plan is great health plan that will help you lose weight👍For most us weight loss isn’t about vanity, it’s about health it’s about staying alive and well. I know you can do your plan and I believe it is a great plan!
    @sirisan I posted information from a video about neurological experiments conducted for a Johns Hopkins Hospital Presentation about; Ghrelin hormone causing new neurons in the brain. @wellme (in the small March Accountability group) said if that’s the case… she was getting smarter everyday! I hope I am too. Thank-you for sharing the link it is very helpful information.
    @lynzm Good luck to you today with
    keeping the dragon calmly sleeping far away⚔️ 🛑🐲🛑🗡⚱️🐲⚱️⚔️
    @luna09 I agree about Dr. Jason Fung. I have watched his videos and it gets me back on track helping me remember why I’m fasting and the importance of getting to my goal weight.
    @johnnyr Thank-you for sharing the information about Dr. Jason Fungs blog. I will look that up. @johnnyr @luna09 @krisnia I have also found his research is very helpful when I’m fasting and trying to get healthier and reach my goal weight.✨😊
    @mia139 ✨I know you can finish April strongly. I’m very glad you realize how important these last days are. ✨What we do today will make our lives better for the next month and our future.✨
    @flourbaby ✨🎉Congrats on your successful b2b. Please don’t amputate a leg.😊 I’ve seen that you’ve had 14 fast days this month and twice b2b2b’s. ✨You can do this!✨✨✨🤜🏻✨🤛🏻✨✨✨
    @bert1802 ✨Way to go!✨FD yesterday and ✨keeping the Control in the NFD Control day!✨
    @coda Good wishes on your FD today. Who knows fasting and drinking more water may help stop the itching on your back and legs. I’ve found Omega oils help with dry skin also. Avocados 🥑, if you can get one or 2 of them, are a good source of Omega oils. (Chances are you probably already know that.💛)
    @belfastsink So Glad your FD went well yesterday. You know how to do it. Yoga and a bath, very soothing.😊
    @songbirdme You are doing great at maintaining your goal weight!✨
    @scs Hopefully the rainy foggy days will be over soon! To bring May Flowers 🌼🌺🌸 Have a good FD😊
    @krisnia You are kind hearted. Good wishes for you on your FD. I bet your yoga will make up for that muffin. Just watch out for the sugar. 👀 😊 Maybe have a little protein to help stop the low blood sugar afterward.😊

✨I feel my stomach rumbling… I’m getting smarter again.😊
    ✨I might as well add to all, we have a total weight loss for the April group I will calculate at the end of the month. I’m happy we have a lot of maintainers in the group who are maintaining well. And so happy for us losers.😊 Let’s make it count! You will be so happy and ✨Thank yourselves afterwards!✨Our April Challenge group will Thank-you!✨

⭐️ Pocketeer’s FD’s list so far for Day 27⭐️
    Let’s make this last week in April a great one! ✨✨
    – if you are fasting please copy & paste then add your name to the post. – The more the better for support across the globe!!!

@mila69
    @missymay
    @lynzm
    @sarah57
    @jarbia
    @mia139
    @endellion
    @snowflake56
    @coda
    @annemarilyn 4th of b5b
    @okeydokey 4th of b5b
    @chumi
    @scs
    @rachel
    @krisnia

✨Together 🤝We are Stronger✨
    💛Get on board the wagon and hold on tight! ✨ We are doing this together!!
    ✨What you do today can improve all your tomorrows✨😊

2nd post

I just discovered a sure fire way to make sure you don’t break your fast too early after a fast day : get someone to lock you in a shed! I can assure you it works.

I was cleaning one of the sheds and noticed the door wasn’t closing properly so I dashed to catch C our handywoman. She was about to leave after chasing a rat out of the barn and blocking the holes up. (I don’t know what I would do without her.) She came down and fixed the door while I was in there and then said bye and left. I didn’t notice until I finished cleaning the shed that she had automatically locked the door. It is just what you do when you come out of one of the sheds. I called and called in case she wasn’t gone. I got louder and louder. I even took my kindle out of my pocket thinking I could contact another local volunteer to let me out cursing having taken the skype app off which could have got through to my son. Only of course I was out of wireless range anyway. That was one of the rare times I have regreted not having a mobile phone. I took off my jumpers and lay down on the floor and had a go at getting out through the door to the run. That was overly optimistic. I have lost a lot of weight but not that much. I was fairly sure I could break the door to get out but without C around to fix it again that would have caused problems. I was thinking that I was going to have to wee in the muck bucket when I managed to displace the door far enough to the side by using the scraper I use for cleaning as a lever for the bolt to come out of its keeper. It was lucky Caroline had just moved it over and left a bigger gap between the door and the frame. Except if she hadn’t it wouldn’t have happened in the first place… So I didn’t break my fast until half past two. And that left over curry tasted sooo good:))

Day 27 – USA – NFD

Day 26 was a bust – 1121 calories total so a NFD; ate some darn pork rinds and had a few beers after spending the day shoveling a culvert out with OH and then smoothing out 1.5 inch newly laid gravel in the driveway. I guess I figured I deserved it after such hard physical work….self-delusion at its best! Took a peek at the scale this morning and I lost 1.2 lbs, down to 181.4. I’ll take it. And with one more FD this Saturday, perhaps I’ll get down to 180.5 or maybe less. That would be nice, but I know I’m sabotaging myself these last few FDs and could lose faster.

@pashaw, thinking of you during this difficult waiting time. Should have made a list of all of your names and the replies I thought of while reading your posts, but just didn’t make the time to do it. Takes up quite a bit of time in the morning to read, but so worth it for motivation and comraderie.

@fatrabbit. OK…that was the funniest story I have heard in a while! Thank you for that. Lololol.

Day 27 super duper FD country West Australia

Day 26 : FD plus Easter eggs = NFD
    Was doing really really well on yesterday’s FD until 7 pm when I went past a shop selling half priced Easter eggs. Went in for a coffee and came out with a coffee …. and a couple of Easter eggs which quickly disappeared.
    Backed up today with a very mindful well under 500 calorie FD. I actually wouldn’t have eaten anything as I find it easier not to eat at all. But DH was worried so I passed up the treats at the baker’s, the morning and afternoon tea offered, all the enticing food as I shopped at the supermarket and had a 200 calorie homemade tomato sauce for a pasta. delicious and filling.
    May do a 16:8 tomorrow – time will tell.
    Still have about 6 pages to read to catch up. Good luck to all fellow travellers on this 5:2 journey.
    ( BTW the fat fairy enjoyed every morsel of said Easter eggs and rewarded me with 1.5 kgs. So kind of her … NOT !!)

Day 27 super duper FD country West Australia

Day 26 : FD plus Easter eggs = NFD
    Was doing really really well on yesterday’s FD until 7 pm when I went past a shop selling half priced Easter eggs. Went in for a coffee and came out with a coffee …. and a couple of Easter eggs which quickly disappeared.
    Backed up today with a very mindful well under 500 calorie FD. I actually wouldn’t have eaten anything as I find it easier not to eat at all. But DH was worried so I passed up the treats at the baker’s, the morning and afternoon tea offered, all the enticing food as I shopped at the supermarket and had a 200 calorie homemade tomato sauce for a pasta. delicious and filling.
    May do a 16:8 tomorrow – time will tell.
    Still have about 6 pages to read to catch up. Good luck to all fellow travellers on this 5:2 journey.
    ( BTW the fat fairy enjoyed every morsel of said Easter eggs and rewarded me with 1.5 kgs. So kind of her … NOT !!)☹️

Day26 lancaster pa FD

second post.
    Apologies for double post. Hit submit twice as it didn’t post the first time. Then it posted again! I was alerted with a message to say I typed and worked too fast.!! When I tried to edit second post by deleting and even tried cutting, it wouldn’t let me!!
    This computer is not behaving nicely.

@tillysmum – I never did give chew sticks to my dogs but after seeing a video showing the process they go through to be made I would not recommend them especially if they are not feeling very good – just my thoughts.

I swear I already posted this, but since I can’t find it….

Day 27. MN USA NFD

2nd Post Day 27 US FD
    @metatauta That’s great weight loss ✨Keep it going! You Got this! I’ve been saying, I should just pretend to have a FD on my NFD’s and then I could end up with a decent controlled NFD. Maybe a good little mind trick although I haven’t tried it yet. 🤷‍♀️
    @fatrabbit The intrigue… you had me going, I was Very concerned about you. I’m so glad you MacGyver’d your way out of the locked shed. (that’s a show in the states. Hope you’ve seen it.) Macgyver uses unusual tools to get out of difficult situations. Good thinking!
    ⭐️ Pocketeer’s FD’s list so far for Day 27⭐️
    Let’s make this last week in April a great one! ✨✨
    ✨Good luck on your FD!✨
    – if you are fasting please copy & paste then add your name to the post. – The more the better for support across the globe!!!
    @mila69
    @missymay
    @lynzm
    @sarah57
    @jarbia
    @mia139
    @endellion
    @snowflake56
    @coda
    @annemarilyn 4th of b5b
    @okeydokey 4th of b5b
    @chumi
    @scs
    @rachel
    @krisnia
    @umka6
    @fordprefect
    @lilymartin

✨Together 🤝We are Stronger✨
    💛Get on board the wagon and hold on tight! ✨ We are doing this together!!
    ✨What you do today can improve all your tomorrows✨😊

Day 27 Chicago, Illinois USA – NFD

Day 27 FD St. Louis USA
    Couldn’t add my name to the fasters list because my finger was so cold the copy and paste wouldn’t work. I’m there with you all though.

@okeyfokey thank you for the John Hopkins reference. I will look it up. I’m also going to try to download Dr. Jungs audiobook that was mentioned in an earlier post. I find those articles and references helpful to keep going.

Also want to find @fatrabbit‘s story about getting locked in the shed for which she needed to MacGyver her way out.

Best of luck all and hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Day 27 Notts UK BSD
    @coda thanks for the advice, I call them chew sticks but they are actually 85% chicken not the nasty fatty hide ones or whatever rubbish they are made of(nothing too good for a pampered Papillon!)
    @fatrabbit I love your escapades (I lead such a mundane boring life) You remind me of my very good friend she always had a story to tell of something she had done or a crazy dream she had had. Really miss her, we have been best friends for over 20 years and had a lot of holidays and fun days out together. She now lives in a world of her own brought on by dementia – so sad.

Day 27 – SW WA USA – FD

How can the scale go up after an 800 FD? Pants still fit well this morning. Will continue on… #4 of 5 FDs.

Day 27: Gloucestershire, UK: 16/8
    Well, actually it was 23 hours between eating yesterday teatime and getting home from work today! Almost a fast day, you could say?

I DID eat well on returning home though, so certainly NOT 500 or 800 cals!!
    Still 10 pounds up from my goal weight however, after three 16/8s in a row.

@pashaw: thinking of you both…try to stay strong for each other xx
    @fatrabbit: you made me laugh!

27–MA, USA–FD 800. Today is my day 4 of fasting for me this week. I stayed below 500 yesterday, even though I thought I’d do an 800. I’ve decided to allow for 800 calories today, and think I will reach that. My stomach has been growling a lot! I’ll need to stay strong to keep to it today. I may throw tomorrow in as a fast day as well. I’ve felt good this week, and I know Saturday and Sunday will be NFDs and I really don’t like to have three NFDs in a row. Best of luck to everyone as we barrel toward the end of April.

Adding myself to the list of fasters:
    @mila69
    @missymay
    @lynzm
    @sarah57
    @jarbia
    @mia139
    @endellion
    @snowflake56
    @coda
    @annemarilyn 4th of b5b
    @okeydokey 4th of b5b
    @chumi
    @scs
    @rachel
    @krisnia
    @umka6
    @fordprefect
    @lilymartin
    @cleo120

3rd Post Day 27 US FD
    FD humor ✨My mouth started salivating for food when thinking about @scs writing about walking in the pea soup fog 😂 Yum pea soup😅…. I will resist. 😊
    @johnnyr @luna09 @krisnia @sirisan I love what Dr. Fung says about diabetes, “You can’t use medications to cure a dietary disease. Very true✨ I also watched his interview. It’s Keeping me focused.
    An Interview With Dr. Jason Fung http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/10/16/complete-guide-fasting.aspx
    I’ve gotten 4 books by Dr. Mosley; the first doctor to inspire myself and @fordprefect about fasting. Dr. Mosley changed our lives for the better with his BBC show and interviews on fasting.✨ He is King 👑
    https://youtu.be/Ihhj_VSKiTs

Also I found this interesting.
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/07/29/calorie-restriction.aspx

@sirisan here is the link I spoke about earlier. Why fasting bolsters brain power. https://youtu.be/4UkZAwKoCP8

@annemarilyn last week I was stunned because after fasting my weight stayed the same. I attributed it to allergies and the allergy season. I also had taken electrolytes that I hadn’t taken before. @at had mentioned that we all can go through a plateau. We just have to get through it. Wishing you well. I would think we are at healthier levels of balanced sugar and possibly lower cholesterol after fasting. Three consecutive FD’s a month have been found in experiments to do that.😊
    @ciren2 23 hours with out food, Yes that is a FD! From your experience and your TDEE How many calories in that meal daily, would help you to lose weight again, like you’ve done in the past? It could be your TDEE is lower now and that could be causing the difference.✨✨✨🤜🏻✨🤛🏻✨✨✨Keep on going! ✨✨You are an inspiration!✨

✨✨Our Group is an Inspiration! ✨We got this!✨

Day 27 – Cumbria UK – NFD/CD

Lovely day today – went to my aerobic class this morning then went out for brunch with DD before doing the food shopping – skinny flat white and Huevos Rancheros with a side of avocado but not the sourdough toast that was on the side!! very restrained of me……..😇

Not feeling hungry atm so might only have a glass of my homemade Kefir this evening……..and planning my last FD for this challenge tomorrow.

@coda – did you say you needed a good kick up the behind! Consider it done……..Come on, you know you have it in you to conquer this. Re Dry skin – I’m plagued with dry skin and dry hair too – I have found using Bio Oil daily after my shower whilst my skin is still damp great for my skin – might be worth a try
    @hannahwatto – sounds like a good idea to mix things up a bit – some on this forum have had good success with doing 5 FDs x 800 cals and 2 x NFD – might be worth a try for May??
    @sirisan – thanks for sharing that link
    @brightonbelle and @songbirdme – I know one glass is never enough!!!!!! I try to restrict to 2 glasses for 3 or 4 nights a week but not always successful…………
    @lynzm – hope your dragon slaying day today is going well???
    @snowflake56 – doing a great job maintaining. By the way how is your hand/arm coming along with the physiotherapy and also the speech-training? I know you said you didn’t like either but hopefully some improvement is being seen by you x
    @bert1802 – 💃 for your successful FD on 26th and hopefully you are joining me in a nice CD today
    @chumi – hope you catch up with some sleep tonight – nothing beats a good night’s sleep
    @okeydokey – great will power – When I went on this weight loss journey I knew the one thing that was important for me was not to feel deprived and the 5:2 WOL has allowed me to lose weight and maintain the loss but also to have my cake and eat it too if you like!!!! I hope you get to enjoy a really good dry white (if that is your favourite) when you decide to have one in June 🥂Also thank you for the links – all very interesting
    @fatrabbit – your stories always bring a smile to my face – another good one being locked in the shed – loved your escape…..
    @lilymartin – don’t you just hate that fat fairy 😈
    @ciren2 – 23:1/16:8 days and CDs are great – small steps and all that ……“Little by little does the trick.” ~Aesop – stay focused and don’t lose heart – you have this x

A lovely sunny evening as I sit here and write this – OH has gone out for a run on the fells – dinner in the oven for him but I will stick to that glass of Kefir I think………and go for that FD tomorrow

“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.” ~Mike Murdock

Day 27- USA -FD

@cleo120 ✨Keep on Keeping on! ✨Your doing great!✨Glad your on the wagon with us.✨Hold on😊
    @skinnylove Just checking so I can get the spreadsheet correct. April 27, 28, 29 and 30th will be your FD CD’s? I have faith in you. I’m thinking that would definitely get you to your goal weight. Even if April 27 was a NFD.✨✨We do have Fasting power!💫⭐️👊🌈
    @at Thanks for the wise words. Change something daily? I’m pretty sure I need to drink more water.😊

@okeydokey – your work and input has been amazing. I keep forgetting to tell you how much I appreciate all your attention to each and every one of us!THANK YOU ever so much! 🙂

@songbirdme Your Welcome and Thank-you for the compliment.😊
    @at In June I will be 🥂Toasting you, @coda and ✨all the wonderful ✨people in our Groups for being here, for being supportive and making it happen!🥂

Day27, Germany, NFD

Day 28 NZ FD

Thank you for your supportive comments around my weight loss this month.

At the beginning of January I was “severely” obese (according to the BMI charts). I set a target to attain “overweight” by the end of May. This coincides with my next batch of blood tests. I’m 7kg away from that target. So either I accept that I won’t make it (but will be closer to it (moving from severely obese to obese is still good), or go hard-core for the next 4 weeks (would 7 kg remotely be achievable in 4 weeks???).

Thoughts?

UK Day 27 – NFD

Theme park with the kids. Lots of walking, adrenalin and a few sandwiches and snacks. Good to have a day off now and again. 🙂

8.30pm and just sitting down to work. With my routine being knocked off due to a number of things I’ve decided to do one meal on Friday and one on Saturday, with liquids only in between. Getting the fasting hours in (16 hrs or more each day) will help me stop over-eating.

@triplet

The best I’ve managed is around 5kg in a month. 1.75kg a week might be possible. I had a quick look at your posts and you’re nearly doing ADF. Change-up is my advice if you want to lose more or carry on the impressive rate of loss you are doing. You could do longer fasts, but the recommendation is to do these with medical supervision, especially if there are any underlying medical conditions or medication involved. I’m starting next week with my first 3 day (72+ hour liquid only fast) happy for you to join in and compare notes if helpful.

Day 28/FD/Melbourne Australia

Good morning all. Looking forward to a positive and bright, sunshiny day.

Adding another fast day. Yesterday that mischievous fat fairy denuded my fridge of all healthy food in preparation for the upcoming holiday. DH came down with a stomach bug and couldn’t eat and the next generation of pesky visitors moved in. @fatrabbit if only I could chase them outside and they’d promise to stay out. My house is bristling with steel wool, skirting boards have been wiped with peppermint oil, every food item is in the fridge or contained in glass jars and they still want to party! Yesterday they moved into my cutlery drawer and linen cupboard. Rather than seeing it is an opportunity to fast I ate cheese and biscuits, a couple of slices of toasted sourdough (after carefully checking the toaster) smothered with butter and peanut butter and a large bowl of greek yoghurt. Needless to say I am well over TDEE but on a positive note I didn’t uncork the bottle! Sorry if I keep going on about my plague but they are starting to affect me mentally. I’m even thinking of postponing my holiday. I can hear one now nibbling at the bait!

@coda – I’m behind you. Foot firmly planted.
    @hannahwatto – good idea to mix things up. Have you tried looking at your NFDs? I’m a big fan of portion control and not counting calories. The following exercise included in the course I’m doing was a real eye opener.
    “Find a packaged food in your fridge or cupboard that you eat often (and that has a nutrition information panel). Before looking at the nutrition information panel, serve up a portion that you would usually eat.
    Measure this portion either using kitchen scales or measuring cups or spoons.
    Record this in your log book.
    Now, have a look at the nutrition information panel, find and record the serving size e.g. 45g or ½ cup or 2 pieces, and how many kJs/calories per serving.
    Compare this to the size of the portion you served up earlier to see how your usual portion compares to the serving size.”
    I’m careful with portions and keep measuring cups and spoons in all my food containers but it was still interesting to see how my serving sizes of cheese and yoghurt have crept up.
    @brightonbelle and @songbirdme and @at perhaps we need a supportive pocketeers list on the days we’d like to enjoy only a glass or two of wine?
    @snowflake56 or @songbirdme (I,m sorry I’m mixed up. Can’t remember who) I sacrificed my face for my butt or whatever the saying is. Happy to say my skin has tightened a little this year. Not too many wrinkles or saggy chins but my hands …
    @at – we’ve had similar journeys. I’m a little envious of that lower BMI. Couldn’t sustain it. I’ve settled for my happy weight of 56kg and really cannot complain.
    @ciren2 – I’m hoping to follow your 23:1/16:8 days during my holiday.
    @triplet- Anything is possible. If you are looking for inspiration read Buttonboots thread on these forums. She is truly inspirational.

I’m off to lock @fatrabbits door and I’m throwing away the tools. Have a wonderful and positive day.

@onahealthyhigh — yes, wine drinkers anonymous (aka pocket winos) — I bet @at and @brightonbelle would love it too!

@songbirdme – love it – pocket winos!

Day 26, Mountaintop PA, NFD
    Day 27, Mountaintop PA, FD
    Day 28, Mountaintop PA, NFD

Coming to the end of the month I keep my NFDs also CD. Walked every day this week along with sensible eating. FD all good. Enjoyed less than 800 calories over protein waffle and fruit breakfast and dinner spinach salad with 3 oz steak protein topped with chopped walnuts and Feta cheese sprinkles. Food should be colorful and healthy.

2nd post

@fatrabbit – your story was so Funny! Bet you didn’t think so! Thanks for sharing!

Day 28 FD ( hopefully) country west Australia.
    Well, after a very good and mindful FD the fat fairy has gone away for a holiday and taken 1.2 kgs with her. Very kind and thoughtful of her.
    But I just know she is lurking waiting to surprise me when I don’t expect it. I think she lives under my scales and hops on when she gets bored. Whatever, I’m just glad she’s away this morning with some of her unwelcome baggage.
    There are times when I actually DO expect her to visit and that doesn’t worry me. It’s the times when I think she shouldn’t have hopped on my scales that I find irritating.

However, in the scheme of things it is probably a ‘first world problem’ as my children would say.
    Let’s face it – it is a glorious autumnal morning, the day is before me to do with as I please. I have people who love me, I live in a stunning part of the world – rain would be very welcome but that’s another story…- I have lovely home, a worldwide circle of friends ( you guys) , plenty to eat, access to clean water.. the list of blessings goes on.
    Make today the best day it can be for you whatever comes your way and despite problems, disappointments etc. You only get to live this day once so make the most of it.
    🤗

I am in!! can i do it for the month of May as April is almost finish?
    I am in Perth WA FD feeling a bit anxious to eat something, but managing with water.

Day 28 Uk. FD
    B2B fast day today to minimise holiday damage and try to finish April well. Have caught up with all the posts and totally inspired by the wonderful people on this forum. The support is amazing. Ready now to face the May challenge with renewed enthusiasm! So many thanks to @okeydokey for being such a wonderful inspiring host this month.

Day 28, Germany, FD (5th in a row)

Day 28 UK NFD

I have somehow lost 4lbs this week. How? This must be the whoosh effect because aside from drinking more water nothing else changed.

This is the most I have lost since week 1 back in September. Super amazed! This brings total loss in April to 6lbs and brings me to wihin 6lbs of goal as I start my ninth month on my forever WOE.

Total loss since September is 41lbs. BMI When I started was 30.9 now it is 24.3.

Okeydokey, I won’t be weighing again now til 5th May so this is my final loss to record for April. Thank you so much for all your hard work amd encouragement this month.

We all have out struggles with adapting and there have so many weeks when I feel I have worked so hard for a pound or to maintain. For anyone struggling right now, just keep on keeping on.

Day 28 UK NFD 🌈

Tired running after Dragon 🐉. Still optimistic! Maybe a tussle till the end of April, but I’m getting my mind set for May when I’m gonna kick some Dragon ass!

All you successful people well done you are my inspiration, all those in a tussle with me keep going, perseverance is the key! Even trying to spell that word took three attempts but I got there I the end, that’s irony? 😂😂😂😂

Day 28 Croatia FD
    Weight: 77 kg

Day 28 Newcastle UK FD.
    B2B fasting. Finding he FD easy but the NFD a real struggle after I have my evening meal.
    Get the April change over and need to figure out what’s making me feel hungry after a good meal and pud around 6/7 pm.
    Good luck everyone.

Day 27 & 28 NFD NZ
    Triple t – I’ve never been obese so I can’t fully relate and am happy for you to take whatever you choose from my opinion.
    I suspect that it’s taken a long time for you to become any degree of obese (please don’t take my use of that term as a judgement of any sort, obese is an awful word and I feel uncomfortable using it) and changing that state will take a long time too, as I’m sure you know.
    I think your loss so far is fabulous and you should feel incredibly proud. But I’d encourage you to stay focussed on long term permanent change instead of hitting certain targets by certain dates. Another 7kg may be possible in the timeframe you desire but I would hate for you to push too hard and become fatigued with overdoing it, or even worse, to push hard and miss your goal then become disheartened.
    I think people like you who have so much to lose and who are making such impressive changes should celebrate the fact that you are on the road to permanent improvements and hold fast to the steady progress more so than particular numbers and dates.
    You are an inspiration to me, I’ve had so little to lose by comparison and I’m awed by those here who are facing such a long road and sticking to the WOL.
    It’s just my opinion, but given how much you have achieved so far I think you should continue doing what you are doing and only consider changing or pushing harder if you stall. As the saying goes, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 2,351 through 2,400 (of 2,621 total)

You must be logged in to reply.