30 Day April 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day April 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,616 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  Chubbybiker 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,401 through 2,450 (of 2,621 total)

• Day 28 UK FD

Well the shed trick worked. My weight is down to 191.2 this morning, a full pound less than yesterday, and that after a NFD. So all you who are struggling you now have another tool in your kit!

@onahealthyhigh I feel for you, mice are actually harder to get rid of as they fit into such tight spaces. This was a big fat healthy looking rat. It had been eating veg as we were storing the extra from the veg man in boxes in the barn as it is cooler than the house. The feed is all in plastic bins and so not accessible. I am hoping it really was only one as the guinea pig food in their bowls was not eaten up. I worry about rats hurting the piggies as although the same size they are so much more agile and potentially agressive. C pulled everything out to find holes and look for nests. She found several holes and filled those in. The rat kindly pointed one out by running up to the roof and out of one we would never have spotted in the brickwork behind the gutter around the side above the stingers. Poor C. Maybe she locked me in theshed deliberately for giving her such a rotten job! Stingers, rats, rat poo, rat wee, thousands of spiders and their copious webs, mildewed old hutches and bits of ancient equipment with years of dust on them. There is a huge pile of rubbish outside to go to the tip. It looks far better inside the barn, but there is still a lot of cleaning to do. And it is not certain that we blocked every hole and the rat certainly didn’t promise not to return. In fact I saw him/her hanging about outside last night wanting to get back in. They say you are always within six feet of a rat but I must say that I prefer not to see them. There is something about their tails…

My favourite mouse catching trick is to use the tube from inside a roll of kitchen towel, put a blob of peanut butter at one end and balance it on the edge of something with a bin underneath so that when the mouse goes along the tube to get the peanut butter the tube with the mouse falls into the bin and is stuck because of the steep slippery sides. You can then carry the mouse outside and away so it finds a new home. I have successfully cleared mouse infestations that way a couple of times over the years.

Day 28, Switzerland, FD
    @johnnyr @krisnia @okeydokey the evidence and testimonials Dr J Fung and Dr M present are so compelling that it beggars belief that fasting isn’t being promoted more actively by healthcare professionals. I hear people describing it as “the latest fad” even though it’s as old as time itself!
    @at I was at an organic shop yesterday and saw they had kefir drink. Having read about your homemade kefir drink ☺ I decided to give it a try and bought a bottle. Good luck everyone 🌈🌈🌈

Hi I’m new this is my first month on the 5:2 but I find drinking water or decaf coffee helps me in the evenings, I started on 3rd April and at the moment I have lost 4.2kg so I’m looking forward to May and being 4+kg lighter here’s hoping keep on going and we will both reach our target weight.

Day 28 – UK – NFD

DAY 28 – UK – NFD

Sarah57 – Wow your weight loss is amazing. What’s your secret? I sometimes think the less you have to lose the longer it takes….I will be watching your progress of that last 6 lbs with interest, as I can’t shift mine…but determined to do keep trying nevertheless.
    Congrats on reaching a healthy BMI.

@coda – I notice now that when I eat sugar or bread I get a patch of dry itchy skin on the back of my neck and across my lower back which drives me crazy! I use it as a warning and it keeps me from eating both altho’ sometimes it’s unavoidable.
    I use E45 cream, but it doesn’t seem to make a great deal of difference. I should do an experiment to see which of the two it is….but it’s best just to avoid both as it keeps me on the straight and narrow.

TripleT – well done so far…and I agree with Lany36 – slow and steady is always best..if you set yourself too high a goal and you don’t get there you can become despondent and give up altogether, a few extra weeks and you’ll get there anyway.
    Well done you.

Day 28 UK FD
    Morning to you all
    This has been my first group anything on line and I have been amazed by the support and entertainment. It’s surprised me how much I look forward to reading everyone’s posts so thank you to you all especially okaydokey who seems to have continued this warm and safe place to share things.
    We too had a rat and mice issue last year stared by me spotting a rather slow moving rather plump elderly rat with a bit of a limp crossing the garden. He looked so sweet I did nothing but shortly after that a sign must have gone up and everyone else moved in including squirrels in the roof. This was no longer “sweet” and alternative measures had to be taken for some time. So I think I appreciate how rattling it is to keep finding evidence that the pesky beasties are still about. Good luck.
    My weight loss has been small but the change of mind set and how I feel has been much more significant so I will focus on that whilst I continue to work at it.
    Thanks again to you all.

Day 27 – UAE – FD
    Day 28 -UAE – NFD (weigh 83.6kg using my home digital scale)

How accurate are home digital scales? I have one from Omron that I have been using and reporting my weight in this forum. On Thursday while I was in a Mall, I decided to use one of the nutrition shop to take my body composition measurements and to my surprise I weighed 81.9kg! When came back home I calibrated my home digital scale and weighed myself, I could not have gained 2 kg after had just eaten Caesar salad at the mall and 500ml water bottle! I guess my scale is due for replacement. Any recommendations?

Day 28 Belfast FD
    Talking of dragons,@LynzM yours came visiting yesterday! Wow can it fly far! Despite staying below my TDEE I ate the biggest load of rubbish yesterday! The trouble is, once I taste that dreaded sugar, I can’t stop. On a positive note, the fat fairy has taken away my Easter excess baggage! I am looking at Damon Gameau’s That Sugar Film in penance.
    @fatrabbit you should write a book! You’d certainly give Beatrix Potter a run for her money
    @ TripleT. Your loss is truly fantastic and I salute your resolve. I totally agree with @lany36 though. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! good luck in your journey
    Good luck to everyone today. Onward and downward!

@maisie1 it doesn’t matter how small your loss is. I totally agree with you, a change in mindset is the most important. I have found changing a lifetime of bad habits the hardest thing. This is a way of life, so good luck in your journey.
    @jarbia, is it this weekend you’re away? Have a great weekend.

Day 28 Notts UK BSD
    Finally getting into the swing of this WOL. Not counting calories, find it mind numbingly boring, so just estimating what I am eating for the time being. Prob will need to start counting but that will hopefully be a long way off.

Two weeks today off to Yorkshire for a week, really looking forward to that, the Dales are my most favourite place to go. Would like to have at least a couple of kilos off before then, so will see how we go.

@taraga I don’t believe any home bathroom is accurate I just go on the principle of using the same scale and not switching around and becoming confused.

Hi all I newbie. Does anyone weigh before and aftr the fast day? My weight loss is ussually very different. But I’m trying to figure out how much I can eat in a day without putting on anything on a nfd. Surely that’s the key for a weekly weight loss?

Day 28, Newcastle UK, NFD

UK, day 28 FD

Back on it with gusto (and coffee, black). May go to Saturday evening if I feel like it. Family fish and chip night though…

Happy fasting, fasters. Watch out for the sugar, IT”S EVERYWHERE!

@taraga

Don’t necessarily trust shopping mall scales, they can be ‘off’. Your clothes will weigh a bit too (unless you stripped-off in the mall?)

See if you can get a medical weigh-in at the Docs as a reference point.

Omron scales are generally good I believe? And consistency is important.

Day 28 – Tokyo Japan – FD 82.4 kg

Right now all I’m doing is working. I’m in a bit of a crisis mode and I haven’t read the blog. I have to drop out until I get things back under control. I’m continuing fasting … but lack of sleep isn’t helping my weight.

Day 28…..Florida…. FD

Well today is my last FD before my final April weigh in, I’m hopeful that I will see some movement in the scale. So, tired of seeing 144 pop up the last 4or 5 weeks. I really hate the fact April may be a bust for me.

@pdoran… weighing yourself, I believe when you do it and how often, is really a personal choice. Lately, I’ve been weighing myself everyday. But, let me say, the scale should not be your deciding factor in what you eat on your NFD. That is determined by your TDEE, which you can find at the top of the page in resources. There are so many other factors in determining the success of this, the scale only being a small factor although it’s the one we talk about the most. So, try not to place all your faith in them.
    Okay, well I’m off another long day a head of me. Good news, I’ve got enough egg plant out of the garden this morning, so I will be busy all day Sunday pickling those babies!

Be classy, sassy and a bit bad assay!

Day 28-US-FD

@fatrabbit wha isn’t the “shred trick”?

I have a scale addiction also! But I heard something’s last night that is encouraging me to stop. The person said that our weight can fluctuate 2-3 lbs at any given time due to a number of factors, water weight, time of day you weigh yourself, stress on the body etc. and that we should not let a slight variation in lbs make us feel we are not progressing.

Be more concerned with how you feel overall, and how your clothes fit on you are better indicators.

Have an inspired weekend!

Day 28 Maine NFD

Good morning all – another morning of, thick as mud, fog (@okey-dokey – no food cues today!) – so dreary! Promise of sun this afternoon.

Not weighing myself ’till the last day of month to keep myself on the straight & narrow I.e., TDEE. Easy fast day yesterday – so far today, a banana for breakfast – felt like I needed it -tho, haven’t been doing breakfast lately. Small bag of almonds (100 calories) packed for lunch & discussion of going to our favorite “summer” restaurant for dinner – Greek salad.

Make it a great day everybody & super weekend! Hoping mice & rats behave & stay outside & nobody gets locked in sheds!

Day 28, MN, USA. I planned on a NFD but I’m going to skip breakfest and see how it goes. I might just add a 3rd FD this week. We will see!

Day 28, Germany, FD

I got an email from my professor today in which she said my English is poor for writing a master thesis. I am very disappointed. I wish I could write my master thesis in my mother tongue. I spent lots of time and money, mental and physical effort to pass my courses. Now, my thesis is the final thing I need to pass. Oh God, I gained 10 kilograms for all the stress I had the last two years. Life is difficult, unpredictable and complicated.

Day 28 FD -last of this months challenge .

Like the pocket winos ! @songbirdme,@AT & @onahealthyhigh – Actually I’ve been pretty good this month have restricted drinking to weekends and I’ve signed up for an early Zumba class Saturday mornings so that restricts my Friday intake – unfortunately I tend to make up for it on Saturday 🍻🍸🍺🍷🍾 but I’ve given up giving up but for May I’m going to try and give up beer and switch to G&Ts or wine as I really want to try and get beach fit for my hols on 1st June

Have a good weekend everyone x

Day 28, Germany, NFD

@schatziii — you might be able to convince your professor that a good editor will correct your English well enough for the thesis. When I wrote my doctoral dissertation, I had an editor at the end who was excellent. I am sure they are still out there (I did my dissertation 10 years ago). They aren’t cheap, but well worth it after all the work of the course work and writing.

Day 28 Chicago, Illinois – FD

Day 28, London FD
    Day 27 FD
    Day 26 NFD
    Day 25 NFD

Because my weigh seems to yo-yo during the week (I know I should only weigh once a week), I’m trying a B2B FD. It seems to be going ok, I’m not really hungry, but tonight is Friday night! I do feel a little more tired and a little weaker, but that could be because I’m really busy at work and my legs and back are really aching. Just this last weekend to get to my target for this month.

Day 28 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Good day yesterday working around the house getting ready for tonight’s company.

Congrats to all you losers out there! This WOL does work, but of course don’t expect results overnight. I’ve lost about 35# in my 13 month journey along our Way. Be judicious on NFD’s and FD’s both.

@scs – our IL weather has been awful too, but I do hate fog about the worst. Glad to wake today to sunshine although it is only 37′ out! Last weekend it was near 80′ so we’re all over the place.

Onward and downward!

Day 28 Oman NFD
    16:8

Day 28, Belfast, NFD
    Day 29, Belfast, NFD
    Day 30, Belfast, NFD
    I can’t believe this is nearly the end of the April Challenge! Not a FD today but going to skip lunch to see how I go.
    @maisie1…like you, this has been the first time I’ve joined an online forum and it’s been great. Previously, I felt quite lost trying the 5:2 ‘alone’ and I easily caved in to lunch/snacks. But by quickly signing in and checking on others’ progress and advice, it does give me much more motivation to stick to it 🙂
    @debster251 well done on getting rid of the easter excess…I’ve also managed to lose the extra few pounds. It’s amazing how weight is gained by celebrating/indulging for one week, but also how we can get back on track.
    I’m defo not the type of person to be religiously counting calories, but it is good to learn the balance required to be healthy and happy.
    @okeydokey I’ll weigh myself this evening and log this. And again, thanks so much for all your hard work. The spreadsheet is immense! Good luck everyone!

Day 28 USA NFD
    I am going to do my final weigh in for April on the 30th. I was going to do it today, but I’m heading to the west side of our state (Seattle area) for a conference today and tomorrow, so I figured the immanence of a Sunday morning weigh in might help me keep conference snacking, over eating, etc. in check. We’ll see if this strategy works! Have a happy Friday,everyone!

Day 27, USA, NFD
    Day 28, USA NFD
    I had an interesting discovery this month that may help a few of you, especially at a certain age. I cannot eat “whatever I want on NFDs” even if it’s in my TDEE. Bummer. For me, my body, certain foods DO indeed cause inflammation, which means gut issues and no weight loss for me, even on AFD. I wasn’t eating sweet treats anyway these last two months, but it was the dairy and grains that were hurting my gut. So, rather than wallow in a pity party, I shifted my diet last week, once again with spring allergens in the air on NFD AND FDs to be anti-inflammatory foods so like so many of you here, high fat, low carbs and it is working. Goodness, the puffiness is leaving my face and belly. In a few days my DH noticed the difference. I still don’t feel deprived, so IF does work, albeit this major road hurdle. And eating fat is in! 🙂 good luck all of you fabulous people.

Day 28 – USA – NFD

@steffieagle, great food choices, sounds yummy! @lilymartin, like your point of view – my OH says “look at the donut, not the hole” (not exactly appropriate for this forum, lol). @okeydokey, you are SuperWoman! Thank you so very much for your hard work and follow-up, and your wonderful encouragement. @sarah57, I would take the “whoosh” and run, don’t ask questions, lol! @lynzm, love the idea of kicking dragon ass! @Stevetoon, have you thought about LCHF? With the body burning healthy fats instead of sugar (glucose), you will not go to bed hungry or be hungry after a low carb, high fat meal. @lany36, great advice! @triplet, you are learning new habits which take consistency to maintain; the weight is a natural consequence and we’re all proud of you for your progress so far! @maisie1, change of mindset is key, good for you! @taraga, I believe on this forum we call it the “whoosh” effect. @pdoran23, welcome! @dykask, hope you get some sleep soon and things calm down for you. @umka6, you are correct…according to what I’ve read so far, the scale can vary daily from 1-4 lbs.

Day 27 – London, UK – NFD
    Day 28 – London, UK – FD

Yesterday went well, but I was hungry most of the day. Managed to go for an evening run which was very refreshing. I definitely want to overcome my nerves and get out and go for a run more often.

Today’s FD is going ok so far. I’ve finished my big project, so have a bit more time to think about food, but trying to stay strong for my final FD of the month!

Really hoping the end of month weigh-in shows a decent loss. I always want a mad result, but have to use the reasoning that any loss is going in the right direction!

Day 28 – USA- NFD/FD

Day 28 – Cumbria UK – FD

A lovely morning here, some sunshine and not too cold – went for a hike with my usual Friday walking group – rather a brisk one today as all were of a similar standard followed by a coffee and a good natter……

I realised that I actually started my FD yesterday at 1200hrs a I had nothing to eat after brunch out with DD yesterday! So I’m aiming to continue until 1200hrs on Saturday making it a 48hr FD – so plenty of hot water drinks for me today……

@onahealthyhigh – happy to join you and @brightonbelle and @songbirdme in a supportive pocketeers list (aka pocket winos) Anyone else out there with the same struggles????? I find my biggest struggle is usually Saturday nights (like @brightonbelle) as I tend to do a FD on Fridays – If I’m happy with my weight on Saturday morning I tend to give myself permission to enjoy a couple of glasses…….it’s when the bottle seems to empty itself without me realising that is the problem……LOL – Ideally I would be happy if I could limit to 1/2 a bottle on 3 or 4 nights a week…….
    Re: my weight I was aiming for 55kg as my top weight but I seem to have settled just below that! Don’t really want to lose any more but would love to tighten my tummy and whittle my waist by an inch more – hoping the yoga and pilates will do that gradually!
    @lilymartin – loved your post – such a good way to look at our lives – we are so lucky!
    @sarah57 – 4lbs Whoosh 💃
    @triplet – 4.3 kg/9.5lbs loss in April – AMAZING! your commitment has paid off big time 💃 Great advice from @lany36 for you – this is a permanent change of lifestyle if the weight is to stay off – As we have seen/heard those who stray from 5:2 WOL do put the weight back on!
    @luna09 – If you like the Kefir taste and want to drink it for the multitude of health benefits I would recommend making your own, a lot cheaper and so easy to do – this is a very good website with lots of advice….etc https://happykombucha.co.uk/pages/what-is-kefir
    @schatziii – i do hope you find a solution, perhaps as recommended by @songbirdme regarding your thesis – especially after all your hard work and commitment – Hugs in case you need one x
    @johnnyr – great to see that you are back on it with gusto!
    @dykask – I thought we had not heard from you much – stay strong and get over this work crisis without any faltering in you 5:2 lifestyle

Questions re accuracy of bathroom scales – Digital scales are probably the best – Your weight over a 24hr period can vary by anything from 1-4lbs/0.5kg to 1kg depending on what time of the day you weigh, TOM for us ladies, how much water you are retaining due to salt intake…..etc. The important thing is to weigh yourself at a similar stage each week. e.g. I weigh the morning after my second FD so it should reflect a regular pattern when I believe I might be at my lowest (usually Saturdays as I tend to do a FD on Fridays)

Day 28 FD – I have started a list of all of us doing a FD today for support – if you are fasting please copy & paste then add your name to the post. – The more the better for support across the globe!!!
    @onahealthyhigh
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @snowflake56 – 5th of b5b
    @annemarilyn – 5th of b5b
    @okeydokey – 5th of b5b
    @neostaford
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @fatrabbit
    @luna09
    @maisie1
    @debster251
    @tillysmum – BSD
    @johnnyr
    @dykask
    @bert1802 – I’m hanging on to you……
    @umka6
    @minnygirl – maybe you are??
    @schatziii
    @brightonbelle
    @Chitown Gal
    @helenalee
    @miffy88
    @therealwil78 – maybe you are??
    @at

“You can’t do it all yourself. Don’t be afraid to rely on others to help you accomplish your goals.”

28–MA, USA–FD

@okeydokey
    Thanks! Glad to be back on the wagon with you! And thank you for your hard work organizing the challenge this month. It’s been so wonderful to have this network to turn to for inspiration. I couldn’t do it alone! 🙂

Adding myself to the list of those fasting today.

@onahealthyhigh
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @snowflake56 – 5th of b5b
    @annemarilyn – 5th of b5b
    @okeydokey – 5th of b5b
    @neostaford
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @fatrabbit
    @luna09
    @maisie1
    @debster251
    @tillysmum – BSD
    @johnnyr
    @dykask
    @bert1802 – I’m hanging on to you……
    @umka6
    @minnygirl – maybe you are??
    @schatziii
    @brightonbelle
    @Chitown Gal
    @helenalee
    @miffy88
    @therealwil78 – maybe you are??
    @at
    @cleo120

Day 28 – SW WA USA – FD #5

Such helpful & supportive posts. I’m encouraged.

Sarah57, wonderful woosh & so close to your goal! Have you been following 5:2 all the way or a different fasting schedule?

LynzM , I’m tussling too but persevering.

Fatrabbit, wow down to 191.2 after being locked in the shed! Pretty amazing!

Day 28 -US -FD 😊5th of b5b

Most of my asthmatic cough is gone.😊I attribute it to fasting b2b. I may not have lost as much weight the last time I fasted for the week. It seems to me that congestion and distress in my lungs has lessened. It is allergy season for me here and my cough has almost stopped when I breath deeply. In February if I tried to take a deep breath I would cough and have to take the asthma inhaler. So I recognize progress.😊That and stopping the Lyme disease are reasons I will continue with b2b FD’s weekly. Even if the weight doesn’t come off as fast as I’d like.✨😊It will happen!✨😊

@snowflake56 fasting 5 days in a row. ✨✨🎉Congrats! How’s it going?
    ✨✨It looks like it’s going well😊✨✨
    @fatrabbit 👩🏻‍🌾I found an emoji that reminds me of you.😊I can use more tools for my tool kit. Having an adventure like yours, losing 1 lb in the process.😊 Good news!
    @fatrabbit really good ways to get rid of mice 🐭 and rats.✨😊
    @onahealthyhigh we have a cat 😺 and a dog 🐶 they are really good ways to get rid of mice. I haven’t seen them kill mice just basically scare them away. When we first moved in our new house. There were a couple mice that we heard. With Murphy 😺 and Sweetie 🐶we haven’t seen or heard from mice or rats since.
    @cream-tea ✨Glad to hear you had a great month of April.😊✨Water and caramel sugar free caffeine free tea, or warm water lemon 🍋 juice and stevia help me in the evening. Thanks for sharing in our group!
    @maisie1 ✨Your Welcome ✨and Thank-you!😊✨🤝✨😊I agree getting healthier and feeling better are reasons to keep it going! The weight will come off also when it is healthy for it to come off.😊
    @taraga We @fordprefect and I have also had issues and questions about our new digital scale. We have thought about getting a different scale also. For now I’m chalking it up to allergies either of the food or pollen kind. Hoping that it will soon end.
    @johnnyr Thanks for the info I will look into the Omron scales, if they have been consistent and successful.
    @pdoran23 You are onto something. The actual food going through our bodies does weigh something. When we Fast we are are in the “fat burning zone.” So we lose weight. I would say green vegetables as well as most vegetables weigh less when we eat them. Bread and sugar cause water retention and inflammation. They tend to cause us to weigh more. 1 smart day at a time.✨ @pdoran23 also @bert1802 is correct, weighing daily, I don’t think is a good idea. I only weigh about 6 times a month. 1) starting month weight. 2) end of b2b fasting days. Usually on the weekend since I tend to fast during the week. 3) At the end of the month.✨😊
    Calculating your best TDEE for your GOAL weight is best.😊✨Here is a link for calculating your TDEE for and at your goal weight.
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/
    If you have questions, 😊ask us.✨😊

@dykask You are so close, I understand with all the hard work. Wishing you well✨🤝✨Post when you can.✨😊
    @schatziii Can you hire an English editor or translator, is that allowed?
    @helenalee I’ve been reading that not drinking enough water can cause pain in muscles and joints. I’m trying hard to drink more water, maybe that will help you also.?✨Wishing you well on your FD ✨today!😊
    @krisnia ✨😊smart thinking! Wishing you well on your conference today and tomorrow.✨😊
    @onaheakthyhigh 😂😅🤣@brightonbelle @songbirdme @at I know I want to be in the Pocket wine group this summer.😊🥂
    @hannahwatto checking to make sure your NFD’s are at or below your TDEE’s for your Goal Weight. Can make a difference.✨
    @lilymartin ✨Thank-you for all the inspirational quotes on Day 24 😊✨Very helpful and very true.✨
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver The carbs and sugar makes us hungry. One of the reasons is because of the insulin that is released when we eat carbs and it then causes us to store fat. Our bodies have to burn off all sugars before the insulin can switch off. During that time we feel hungry light headed and dizzy, until our bodies switch to fat burning. To quote Dr.Jason Fung. Fat burning is much more effective and efficient for the body. Another reason is lack of probiotics and Kefir. Probiotics taken right before regular eating times will stop hunger pains. ✨If you have some time to watch here is an interview with Dr. Fung
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/10/16/complete-guide-fasting.aspx
    @debster251 @fatrabbit I agree 🐰 🐇I would read a book by @fatrabbit 😊
    @erikaa67 Very insightful, I find that certain foods cause inflammation also. Thanks for sharing. ✨

⭐️Friday Fasters✨
    ⭐️ Pocketeer’s FD’s list so far for Day 28⭐️
Let’s make this last week in April a great one! ✨✨
    ✨Good luck on your FD!✨
– if you are fasting please copy & paste then add your name to the post. – The more the better for support across the 🌎 globe!✨
@snowflake56 5th of b5b
    @annemarilyn 5th of b5b
@okeydokey 5th of b5b
    @triplet
    @johnnyr 1st day of b2b
    @onahealthyhigh 3rd FD for the week.
    @lilymartin 3rd FD this week
    @mia139
    @neostaford
    @stevetoontaxidriver 1st of b2b
    @fatrabbit 3rd FD this week
    @luna09
    @maisie1
    @debster251
    @tillysmum BSD
    @dykask
    @bert1802 hanging on to you!
    @umka6
    @minnygirl possible 3rd FD this week
    @schatziii
    @brightonbelle
    @chitown-gal
    @helenalee 2nd FD b2b
    @miffy88
    @therealwil78 NFD/FD
    @at
    @cleo120

✨Together 🤝We are Stronger✨
💛Get on board the wagon and hold on tight! ✨ We are doing this together!!
✨What you do today can improve all your tomorrows✨😊

Day28 lancaster pa NFD

Day 28- UK – NFD

Not posted for a few days, bit of a family emergency. Hopefully resolved now.

Mon – Thurs were all low cal, either a FD or a low cal NFD. I worked out the numbers – Sun night to FRi am – about 1800 cals per day needed, against number ate equals al least 1.5lbs loss today. Yeah right, cruella had other ideas, she’s definitely in league with the fat fairy. I was exactly the same as Monday, not an ounce lost ! @okeydokey, I must have felt how you did last week, what the heck! I’m putting it down to the fact that yesterday, although under1100 calories was carb/sugar heavy I’m hoping it’s water retention. Hopefully a whoosh to come! Despite me rationalising it I’ve still been a grumpy boots all day😡

If I get my whoosh it’ll give me a good start to May, I need it now as a friend has just booked us into a pub for 3 days for the late May bank holiday.

2nd post. Can I be in the wine pockets- Just put half a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc in my fitness pal. Still under 1100 calories today, result.👍😀

Day 28: Gloucestershire, UK: Definitely a NON-Fast-Day! Starting with breakfast…
    Must do better.

Day 28 NFD St. Louis USA
    Weight 141 so stayed same. Will continue fast Monday 500/Tuesday 800 and Thursday 500. Have lost 7.6 lbs since starting with goal to loose 5 lbs more. Feeling thinner and stronger with less fat on belly.

@fat rabbit. Loving your episodes. Thank you to all who shared resources.

Good weekend fun to all.

@annemarilyn – thank you- it has been 5/2 all the way. I have been doing liquid only very low cal FDs almost since the start and don’t count cals on NFDs but have got gradually better at controlling NFDs. Goodness knows what was responsible for this week but as @metuata says I’m going to take and run.

@jarbia thank you- no secret – wish I knew of one from this week so I could do it again. I agree though if you have only a bit to lose it is really hard, but the key is just to keep going.

@at thank you

@saffy420 Yes, What the heck is right. I’m still getting over that one!😊Waiting and working for the whooosh! to happen 🤞Good wishes for you also!😊✨

Day 28, London, UK, FD

Just checking in, hopefully I’ll catch up on the last couple of pages tonight.

2d post. Realize that I went from 141.6 to 141. So that’s .6 pound. How did I miss that? No pun intended.

2nd post
    My weigh in, as it’s NFDs for the weekend = 12st 2.2 lbs.
    My aim was to get from 12.5 to 12.0, but what with Easter happening – I actually went up to 12.6 😱the horror! – I’m pretty happy with this. This has been my first month back on the 5:2 and I’m starting to feel the rhythm of the FDs and NFDs.
    Thanks to everybody for their chat, support and advice. Bring on May’s challenge!

27 FD
    28 NFD

Looking forward to the May 31 day challenge

@okeydokey thanks for the advice I’ll have a look after tonight’s football. Fast day today not hungry in the slightest. 😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

Day 28 – Switzerland – NFD

FD became a NFD, feeling a bit self-defeated. Will pull up socks and take more care tomorrow.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,401 through 2,450 (of 2,621 total)

You must be logged in to reply.