30 Day April 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 Day April 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 2,616 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  Chubbybiker 7 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,301 through 2,350 (of 2,621 total)

• Second post FD
    There’s a shower of rain, so I’m taking a break from the garden and just popped in. Thank you BrightonBelle and Strawberries. Normally I don’t have a problem with copying and pasting, but I couldn’t copy anything. The cursor also disappeared from the text box too. Strange! It seems to have fixed itself. The joys of technology!
    @Belfast Sink you are definitely not alone. There’s quite a little band of us! Never mind, a new month is coming. I totally agree about NFDs. I had been avoiding sugar where possible, but since I’ve fallen off the wagon, I’ve got into the habit of buying a ‘little treat’ on NFDs, but ridiculously I shop on a FD and only buy exactly what I need. How strange! Good luck!

Day 26 – SW WA USA – FD (#3 of 5)

I’m glad the scale is reflecting a downward trend on the FDs; taking off the last upward bounce post weekend NFDs. Still need to move downward more to get where I began April.

Miffy88 – .2 kg / wk steadily adds up. Good work!

Steeve toon taxi driver – wow you also have a little snow still. It seems this is quite a crazy spring across the northern hemisphere.

Day 26, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD
    Day 27, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD
    Day 28, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD
    Day 29, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD
    Day 30, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD (Thanks for such wonderful month!)

Hello all – doing great. Having a bit of trouble with this site jumping around so I logged my days for the rest of April just in case. I will read the thread even if I cannot access it.

Pouring rain here all night, chilly and damp but I imagine the gardens are loving it.

To your health, all.

Day 26: Gloucestershire, UK: 2nd of two 16/8 days.
    Sounds better than a “non-fast day” right? I’ve actually not eaten anything until coming home from work early/mid-afternoon on both days.
    I find not eating at work easier than not eating at home.
    @okeydokey @coda (especially) thanks for your comforting words…..maybe it will inspire me to stay with you. Thanks again, and also @biddiev and @brightonbelle for listening.
    I MUST try to be more positive.
    If I can do 16/8s then that’s pretty good, for me, right now.
    I’ll go and sign up for MAY!

Day 25 – CARDIFF UK – NFD
    Day 26 – CARDIFF UK – FD

Starting Weight : 160.8lbs

Today’s Weight : 159.2lbs (1.6lbs)

Tuesday saw the predicted post KFC whoosh – dropped 2.1lb I one day. Good NFD yesterday resulted in another slight 0.2lb loss and so far going well with today’s FD.

OH not well again and possibly being admitted to hospital so @oakeydokey apologies if I don’t manage to post daily.

3rd Post Day 26 US FD
    I love reading the posts as I update the spreadsheet✨
    @ciren2 You have warmed my heart with joy! So glad you are continuing. Wow, ✨You’ve Got This! I’ve got you down in the spreadsheet for 25th and the 26th FD16/8 😊✨✨✨🤜🏻✨🤛🏻✨✨Together we are Stronger!✨✨Thank-you for the Inspiration!✨
    @lindasue Thanks for updating so well✨Sorry your having a hard time accessing the forum. I’ll be looking for you the rest of the week😊✨Wishing you well on your FD today. Good wishes for controlled NFD’s for this last week in April. It looks as though you’ve been maintaining well.✨🎉Remember to add your end weight on the 30th😊
    @scs I am beaming😊 Thank-you and Your Welcome! The Challenge groups are a joy! I’m glad I am helpful.✨

@pashaw I hope the doctor and the hospital can help your OH feel better. I understand it may be difficult to check in. Prayers and white healing light to your OH for a full recovery. Wishing you both well.✨

Day 26–FD (800 calories). Hi everyone. I’ve decided to make today a FD with 800 calories instead of my standard 500. I completed Monday and Tuesday coming in just under 500, and today feel I need a bit more wiggle room to keep my energy up and feel satisfied. I’m hoping to exercise later today, and I often find that if I do 3 fast days in a row, my exercise session on the third day suffers. I’m hoping with a bit more fuel, I can avoid that low energy feeling. Feeling good and back on track, but know that I gained weight while visiting family over my vacation. Now, I just want to get back to where I was–in the 129-131 range. It won’t happen over night, but I feel back in control, and that’s a good thing! Hope everyone’s doing well–can’t believe how quickly April went!

2nd post

@okeydokey thanks for the kind wishes.

A tough time at the moment as OH is also having a scan tomorrow to review any changes to his brain tumour. Consultant appointment next Friday so a week of worrying and wondering on top of him not feeling very well.

Day 26 Portugal FD

FD at last, and so far so good. I kept busy all day cleaning! No time to nibble or even be tempted. Just finished dinner which came in around 500 cal. Tomorrow will not be FD but will be low calorie, with a light lunch as well as dinner.

Day 27 NZ NFD

This morning was my last weigh-in for the month. Time to calculate the “stats”… drum roll…. this month I have lost 4.3 kg.

Day 27/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Busy day planned. Lots of gardening despite the very chilly, wet weather.

@triplet – wow, great progress. I’m beginning to feel like the tortoise reading about the big losses on the forum.
    @ciren2 – lovely. See you in May.
    @fordprefect – glad you’re feeling better
    @tillysmum and Tilly – great news. Enjoy your chew stick Tilly. Congratulations on your measurements and bloodsugar measurements. Staving off and controlling diabetes is a great motivator for this WOL isn’t it.
    @pashaw Hugs
    @okeydokey What can I say but THANK YOU.

Stay on the wagon everyone, we’ve got this. April and it’s bumpy ride is nearly over. Onwards and downwards.

Hi all uk co down day 26 nfd

Sons 4 & 5’s birthday today

@ciren2 that’s more like it!

@pashaw puts my difficulties very much in perspective. Thinking of you at this worrying time.

Day 17 – 27 : Cheshire, UK : NFD

I haven’t done one FD this month and I’ve hardly read any posts. I have truly fallen off the wagon this month and have gained weight.

What is interesting is that I’m not overly concerned as I know I will get back on the wagon but I’ve decided to let go of April and start again in May.

I found it very difficult not being part of the challenge from the beginning as I was away and I just didn’t seem to catch up. April has been a chaotic month for me in many ways.

So my lovely friends, I will see you in the May Challenge.

xoxo

4th Post Day 26 US FD
    @triplet ✨Great month! ✨✨🎉Congratulations on your losing 4.3kg for the month of April.✨
    @pashaw I’m very concerned about OH’s brain tumour😪. I can tell you are both strong and will get through this. Remember I Wish and pray for your OH to be well and that you both are provided for what he needs. Amen
    @pashaw Remember to take care of yourself also, so you won’t get to distressed from worry or fatigue. I am sending a big hug for you! 🤗💛✨May God Bless you and your OH.✨

@coda 2 Birthdays on 1 day!
    ✨🎉💫✨🎂 🎈Wishing a HApPY BiRthDAy!!! ✨😊☀️💫🎂🎈To your sons today!✨ 🎶🎈🎂🎉
    ✨Hoping all goes well for you also😊

pashaw, I also want to send my very best wishes and sincere prayers to you and your hubby.

@coda Wishing son #3 a 🎶✨🎂😊✨Happy belated Birthday!✨🎶🎉🎂🎈

Huh, seems like July has been a fun month for you!😊✨😊

Just checking was April 25th this month a NFD OR A FD?

@onahealthyhigh ✨😊You are Welcome! I enjoy reading your posts. You are a daily delight!✨

Day 26 – Cumbria UK – NFD/CD

Busy day today – lovely sunshine but rather chilly with a cold wind………

As yesterday ended up not being a very controlled NFD I made today a very controlled day despite having made chocolate fudge and lemon drizzle traybakes for the group I volunteer for on a Wednesday PM – I only tasted the smallest slivers!!!
    So today I had a glass of homemade Kefir for brunch after my Yoga class and had a mixed salad bowl with soft boiled eggs for dinner and no wine!!!!

@lindasue – you are my role model!
    @coda – great supportive post to @ciren2 and it has worked as she is staying with us
    @ciren2 – so glad to see that you have decided to stay with us and carry on for the May Challenge – controlled 16:8 days are not to be sniffed at and I’m so glad to see you turning it into a positive – make May a good one for you x
    @okeydokey – on behalf of us wine drinkers I have looked into amount of sugar in wines and can share that:- An extra-dry wine, such as a pinot grigio from Italy, can have a residual sugar content of less than 1 gram in a 5-ounce serving. A semisweet wine, such as a California white zinfandel, can have up to nearly five times the sugar content of an extra-dry wine. Sweet wines have the largest sugar content of all wine types and are typically served in 2- to 3-ounce portions. A 2000 Quinta de Roriz Vintage port wine, for example, can have up to 6 grams of sugar in a serving of only 2 ounces. Therefore it is best to stick to a dry white or red wine……and enjoy!
    @fatrabbit – You are doing such a great job with your weigh loss and being a role model to your son
    @onahealthyhigh – my sympathies – wine has a similar effect with me – so I’m the same as you in that “Limiting wine consumption is a very important part of my maintenance plan.” and every now and then I struggle……….for others it’s chocolates……cheese……savouries….I also feel your pain re your unwanted visitors – definitely time to take a tough approach methinks!
    @erika45 – come on you can do this!
    @Strawberriesandcream – glad that quote kept you strong and got you through your FD – I rather like that one as it makes it clear that it is all within our control to achieve!
    @pashaw – hope they can improve/control the symptoms your OH is experiencing and help him feel better – hugs to you as I suspect you may need one or two x

Some good weight loss going on this month – you all know who you are – GREAT JOB
    Some of us are working hard at maintaining – Let’s keep going strong!
    A few of us have struggled but all seem to be turning a corner for a positive May Challenge – we are willing you all on…..

“To succeed you must first improve, to improve you must first practice, to practice you must first learn, to learn you must first fail.” ~Wesley Woo

Day 27 / UK / ? (NFD probably)

I’m starting to write this month off. I have been going back and forth between 63.2 and .4kg for most days since Easter. I can’t complain really as I haven’t been fasting too strictly, but I am just not feeling it all at the moment. Clothes (especially one particular pair of trousers I have worn only once in public in over three years), mirrors (yes, I can see it, even without before/after pictures!) and friends all tell me that things are moving in the right direction–as are surprisingly achy muscles after yesterday’s vibe power class (I’m feeling as if I had been back first time after two weeks of holiday when I did yoga only the day before): I’m getting stronger when the scales could only tell me if I was getting skinnier.

I know I will be disheartened in my final post of this thread when I won’t have reached even my minimum goal, but I am quite intrigued to compare measurements. I’m reasonably happy with all this, and I’m inclined to make Day 27 to 1 all fairly controlled FDs and start afresh on Tuesday. Maybe this will even trick my body into thinking I am trying out a ‘new’ diet sending it in a beginner’s tail spin, who knows? 😉

I’ll pass all my FD power on to you for the rest of April–good luck, everyone! I’ll keep reading and checking in.

Day 26 Mn USA, FD

Day 25 Germany NFD/Day 26 NFD

Day 26, Cumbria UK, nfd
    Day 19-25, Cumbria UK, terrible nfd’s
    I’m very sorry okeydokey for going awol, but I have completely lost all mind set and will power. I can remember that amazing feeling but can’t seem to reboot. I’m really going to try and go for it until the end of the challenge now, aiming for 800 calories every day. I’d really love to undo some of the damage incurred😢. I haven’t read any posts or used my fitness pal, and both have a significant impact so I’m back on it as of tomorrow morning. Sorry for waffling xx

Day 26 Surrey UK NFD

2nd post ditto @goldensun, @skinnylove and mrsgettingthere same here. My focus Has gone out the window – I need a good kick up the behind!

@okeydokey lol yes July must have been good times 😉 didn’t plan it out well at all! 24th no 3 son 26th sons 4 & 5 (twins) and on 2nd May no 1 son – 4 birthdays in a week! Only no 2 son is different being November not sure what happened then lol.

I will retire now leaving you with these thoughts – if the cap fits as they say!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

You can’t measure success if you have never failed. Focus only on getting better

Day 26 – FD

24 hour fast with 600 kcal.

Day 26, NFD, USA

Coda, maybe for #2 son there was a spring storm that shut the town down. 🙂

Australia Day 27 NFD – well I have been doing a bit of soul searching as well as health checks. Having been frightened half to death by my doctor re my weight, heart and stroke risk, I saw the cardiologist who is not as concerned but agrees I must lose weight and need to get my cholestrol down – which will happen naturally if I lose weight.
    So having tried to stick to 5:2 for nearly 12 months and being back at my starting weight I have decided I am going to mix it up a little. I am going to reverse it to 5 low cal days and 2 feasting days to see if this is more sustainable for my lifestyle.
    I am going to try and miss breakfast Monday through Friday and then have one or two pieces of fruit and one or two carrots/pieces of veg, or meat-free salad, for lunch and a small, healthy dinner. This is only day 2 so I don’t know yet if it is sustainable but I want to give it a try. Something has to work.

Day 25 NFD St. Louis USA
    Posting late. Long day traveling and meetings. Indulgedin a jalapeño soft pretzel but stayed within calorie limits. Cooking bone broth for last fast day of the week tomorrow. @okey-dokey – thank you so much for hosting the April challenge. Looking forward to May and getting closer to my goal.

Here is a link to an article that mentioned the alternate fasting. How many of you may have already seen it.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2128695-hungry-stomach-hormone-promotes-growth-of-new-brain-cells/#.WQFtJDQXbTs.mailto

Day 27, Germany, FD

Day 27 Croatia NFD
    Weight: 77.7kg

Day 27 – Staffordshire UK-FD

Yesterday I was like a human vacuum cleaner, sucking up all the chocolates & biscuits in my path, Not good! Fast Day today so hopefully I can put things right.

Day 27 UK NFD yesterdays fast didn’t go according to plan ,hopefully under 800 though so I’m claiming it, will have a controlled NFD today and for the first time in ages going for a 3rd FD in a week on Friday

@at thanks for the good news on Pinot Grigio – if only I could stop at the one glass !

@pashaw ❤️

Day 27 UK NFD

@sirisan thanks for the link. He article may be helpful for convincing my son not to stop fasting in the run up to his exams. He has already said that it has cleared his head.

@pashaw I am sorry to hear that your OH is feeling so bad. Do try and look after yourself as best you can though. It is easy to do too much and burn out when caring for someone else which does no one any good. That said it is amazing how one can dredge up strength when it is needed. You can do this, just be on the look out for ways to recharge yourself.

Day 27 UK FD 🌈

Didn’t really do a FD yesterday, got hungry at night and had dinner, before that I was on 500 cals, so didn’t really need dinner, was hungry and gave in!!! Result was I fell straight to sleep after, did not stay asleep so had interrupted sleep by waking up for two hours, then woke up tired and annoyed with myself for letting the dragon win!

Should have just read posts, would have sorted me out! So have to catch up with them.

Anyway today is another day, have to cature the dragon and get him back in his cave🐲Off dragon slaying 😊😊🗡🗡🗡 gonna be busy. I’m prepared with my mighty smoothie and you posts.

Tonight I will guard the cave and won’t be able to make it to the fridge and lapse of concentration might let him out again!

Day 27 Belfast NFD
    @pashaw sending you hugs. Take care. Xo

Day 27 UK FD

@pashaw thinking of you and OH today xx

Day 27, Switzerland, NFD
    Day 26, FD / Day 25 NFD
    This is my second month in a row of ADF and I’ll be honest, some days have been tough. But we’re on the home stretch and I am refusing to step on the scales before 1 May. Have been listening to the audio book: The Complete Guide to Fasting: heal your body through intermittent, alternate day and extended fasting by DrJason Fung. A fascinating and extremely informative extension to what I’ve read by Dr M. It’s also helped me through those “wobbly” moments. Good luck everyone 🌈🌈

DAY 27 – UK – FD

@Hannawatto

Don’t give up on intermittent fasting. If you’re not losing weight you probably need to change-up. I was losing so slowly on 5:2, I opted for 5 midweek fasting days, losing about 1.2kg per week. I’m now changing again to longer fasts.

Read Dr Jason Fung’s blog, which has been running for many years. I’ve read it a lot recently and I know others on here have read his book. He would warn against low-cal diets as they don’t work, and recommends longer fasts. E.g. the light meals you describe would probably not be recommended as they stimulate insulin production and means your body stops burning fat as the food you’ve eaten is an easier source of glucose. His stuff is really worth a read.

Day 27 FD
    I.m afraid all my good intentions went right out the window over the last 2 weeks while on holiday in Australia. Finished the holiday with a gain and now 69.1 Kg. But back on track today and planning on finishing April strongly and start May with renewed enthusiasm! Will try to catch up with all the posts and see how everyone has been doing while I’ve been eating and drinking my way up and down Perth!!

Day 27, London, UK, NFD

Well the B2B has been completed……not perfectly, but it’s done, I’m out for a charity event dinner this evening, so I’m aiming for CD up to 7pm………….. then I’ll release the dragon and moan about it tomorrow!!!

@pashaw – Congratulations on the ‘whoosh’. Sorry to hear your OH is unwell, I know you will anyway, but try not to worry as you wait for the appointment the stress only makes things twice as hard!! And remember, we’re here, and we’re happy for you to unload or vent when you need to!!!!

Good luck everyone, these next 4 days are when I’ll try to lose ALL of my April target, I think it’s doable …………………….. (providing I amputate a limb or two!!!).

Day 27, Newcastle UK, NFD

Third b2b fast day complete although like @cleo120 – I used 800 cals yesterday. It’s good to know we can still call it a fast day – those extra 300 cals are a safety net. Weight this morning 136.1lbs – exactly where I started the April challenge. Going to try really hard to shift a little more by the end of the month. Aiming for a very controlled NFD today. Out with a friend to The Stand in the Toon (comedy club in Newcastle). They do a great veggie burger – so I know what I’m eating tonight.

@pashaw – sending positive vibes for you and your OH.
    @ciren2 and @goldensun – great to hear you’re in for the May challenge.
    @triplet – fantastic result – congratulations. @luna09 – I suspect you’re also going to have a good result for all your diligent work on two months of ADF.
    @missymay – hmmmm … chocolate and biscuits …. ringing some loud bells with me apropos my uncontrolled weekend. The white wine dragon didn’t hold back in raiding OH’s biscuit and chocolate stash. Bad dragon!
    @lynzm – power to you today.

Have a great day everyone – together we are stronger!

Day 27 – UK – FD

Day 27 Newcastle UK NFD.
    B2B as of Friday then see what Sunday brings.

Day 27, Germany, FD

Day 27. UK. NFD

Day 27…..Florida….. NFD

Sorry, I was MIA yesterday, I got side tracked and didn’t realize I didn’t post until it was far to late. Has a successful FD yesterday!

Today, I’m trying to have a nice controlled day! In hopes to see a loss on those scales.

Be classy, sassy and a bit bad assay today!

Viewing 50 posts - 2,301 through 2,350 (of 2,621 total)

You must be logged in to reply.