2K seems a lot to me…

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Top tips
2K seems a lot to me…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LJoyce 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Is anyone else having trouble consuming 2000 calories on the NON FAST days? I don’t want to damage my results but at the same time I don’t understand how eating to the point that I’m uncomfortable is helping me lose weight.

Hi Cessa:

You are not supposed to eat 2000 calories on your non diet days – you are supposed to eat to your TDEE or less. Here is all you need to know about TDEE: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/ All you have to do is compute your TDEE using the calculator at the top of the page and you will probably find you are eating too much at 2000.

Good Luck!

Does anyone have any recommendations for things that are higher in calories but still good for you – like avocados and almonds? maybe if I eat more of those kinds of foods 2K wont seem so bad.

Thanks simcoeluv, I tried to open the calculator but it gave me the ol page cannot be displayed … I will try again at home.

Cessa, a lot of us have a TDEE that’s much lower than 2000 calories. Mine is 1400 calories. The things that affect it are height, gender, age, weight and activity level.
    I would recommend that you calculate your TDEE for your goal weight (rather than your current weight) and try to stay at that level on NF days. That way you get plenty of practice eating the right portion sizes for maintaining that goal weight. It should make things easier once you get to goal. If you don’t do this, then you need to keep recalculating your TDEE as you lose weight and adjusting what you eat on NF days.

The TDEE calculator for 5:2 is here:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.