24 hour fast

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rikiurb 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I thought I’d try something different after being on program for about 2 months and losing 5 lbs of winter weight. Now at goal, I wanted to try the 2-to-2 plan with a little modification 12:30-to-12:30 and I LOVE it! I found that fasting from lunch to lunch was great. Neither more difficult or easier, just different and change is good. I will do dinner to dinner fast on Sunday, my next fasting day. I’ll have dinner out with my husband on Sat evening and then fast until we have dinner together on Sunday evening. I keep busy during the day so fasting this way should be very comfortable. I think that I will do what works for me based on my job. I’m in sales and having so many options works well with my job and entertaining clients and prospects, usually over breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I can fast based on my schedule for the upcoming week. This program does not get in the way of my life and I’m finding that being able to eat as I please 5 days per week is extraordinarily liberating after years of Weight Watchers and low-carb dieting. Enjoying crackers without guilt, and a slice of cheesecake for dessert last night, was something I haven’t done for YEARS. I might have had a small piece of cheesecake because that’s what I allowed myself and then felt guilty about it. Now: I have a slice of cheesecake and it’s the size I choose, not huge, because that’s the size I WANT. Very liberating. Thank you so much. If you need a cheerleader, here I am!

Congrats on reaching your goal, can’t wait to get there myself.

I can relate to what you have said. Eating any type of food, ice-cream, pie and adding sugar to my coffee without feeling
    guilty (and affecting my health) has been liberating to say the least. I also like the idea of rotating fasting time
    and experimenting with it.

Stay healthy and spread the word.

I totally can relate. For years I have felt like food was a bully. now I can stand up to it and not cave in. Fast diet for 8 weeks. Lost about 12 pounds with very little effort. I still have a long way to go.

So I think I am doing this right. I don’t eat after 6 pm on wed then fast all day and eat again thurs at 6pm. Do I eat regularly again at 6 the following night? I am a bit confused. Does anyone know? Thanks for the help.

Actually, you can start eating regularly again at 6AM the day after the fast day, 36 hours after your last, non-fast day meal. This is answered in the FAQ.

Thanks! I really do love how food has lost it’s hold over me! I love the control with this lifestyle. 3 weeks and counting!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.