20:4 but food is gathering in my nasal mucus

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
20:4 but food is gathering in my nasal mucus

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  farmlandbun 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I didn’t see a search function so sorry if this is addressed elsewhere.

After a viral infection I found that my tonsils were producing loads of tonsil stones. Gargling helped a bit but I still had lots of ‘gritty’ mucus, particularly in the mornings after a few weeks I started to notice mucus was sweet tasting and upon irrigating the sinus I had a pretty disgusting soup of yesterdays meal. You know how when you throw up and some of the vomit gets stuck up your nose… well it’s like that but with chewed food.

It is probably less than half a teaspoon of actual food but I’m wondering if that much is enough to invalidate my fast. I do like the daily structure of 20:4 and it helps me focus on healthy eating too.

I haven’t spoken to a doctor about this as it doesn’t seem very serious and the tonsil stone issue has been gradually clearing up so I’m hopeful that the sinus packed lunch will too.

Omg . Seriously. Sounds like you need to see an ear nose throat surgeon.

I’m serious…2 ND hand food should not be tasty or counted towards your intake.

Go and see your GP.

Ask them for referral to check for silent reflux.

Sleep with a wedge that supports you 45degrees upright.

Ask GP to check for obstructive sleep apnea too- an in hospital test preferable.

Hope this helps!

Omg . Seriously. Sounds like you need to see an ear nose throat surgeon.

I’m serious…2 ND hand food should not be tasty or counted towards your intake.

Go and see your GP.

Ask them for referral to check for silent reflux.

Sleep with a wedge that supports you 45degrees upright.

Ask GP to check for obstructive sleep apnea too- an in hospital test preferable.

Hope this helps!

I am grateful for the information slope game and the suggestions that you have provided. I will make an effort to understand it better for more.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.