2 day diet allows more calories and Michael endorsed it. Confused!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Different approaches to intermittent fasting
2 day diet allows more calories and Michael endorsed it. Confused!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Amy C. 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi. I am new here and new to IF. Life long dieter …now 53 with the same 20lbs to lose which I have lost and regained three times over the past four years using the Harcombe diet which I do recommend for the losing stage but not the maintenance stage where I always fall totally off the wagon!I have embarked on the 5 2 recently but then read Michael and MImi’s endorsement of the Harvie 2 day diet..(in the Beach Fast diet.)which they acknowledged achieves very good weight loss results too, equally their own plan.

So my question is….why do the 5 2 version when you are limited to 500 calories on fast days, when in the 2 day diet there is basically no calorie counting on the fast days, you just avoid all carbs except veg.

Thanks in advance!

Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer are not prescriptive in their recommendations. They like to present lots of options.

If you want to follow the Harvie 2 day diet, go right ahead. If you don’t lose weight, go back to the 500 calorie fast day diet.

I prefer the 500 calories as there are studies that back this one up.

OK. I found the 2 Day diet website and have the gist of what they say.

The 2 Day Diet is not an intermittent fasting diet, but another way to lose weight.

Eating no carb on two consecutive days is just another variation on a weight loss method. If you are solely looking to lose weight, there are hundreds of plans out there.

The fasting diet provides the health benefits that fasting provides. Initially, losing weight was almost a side effect. There have been lots recent of articles out there on health benefits of fasting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.