1st Day Opportunity

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  QuietOne 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Its not what you give up its what you gain, thats my motto, giving up a way of eating and gaining a new outlook. My husband and I started today we both weigh the same 11 and a half stone, except he is 6ft 1
    and I am 5ft 7, I need to be a stone lighter but weirdly my husband whose BMI is well within range carries quite a bit of weight round his stomach (not a healthy thing) ‘his words’. Starting with eating just 2 meals one in the morning and one in the evening for 2 days a week. Not sure what to expect!! presume I can’t just eat what I like on non fast days and even if I have to give up alcohol or reduce it quite a lot??? encouragement needed please

Read the book. Follow the plan.

1. Calculate your BMI and TDEE from the calculator under resources at the top of the page https://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/ BMI has very little to do with weight loss. TDEE is what you need to know. Do your calculation using a lower activity level.

2. Pick two days to fast. Monday and Thursday seem popular. You stop eating the evening before your fast day. If you must eat on your FD you have to stay withing the 25% goal of your TDEE (defined as approximately 500 Cal for women and 600 calories for men). Do NOT go over your allotment! Go to bed. Get up and eat normally as long as it is within your calculated TDEE.

3. You can either calculate your TDEE for your goal weight and eat within that from the start or you can recalculate your TDEE for short term goals. IE. you weight is 198 lbs calculate your TDEE for 190 lbs. When you reach 190 recalculate your goal for 185 when you reach 185 recalculate your goal for 180 etc down to your goal weight. Many people have success with small goal sets. You reach a goal! It reinforces what you are doing. Set a new goal.

On the other hand if you eat for your end goal TDEE you will lose weight quicker as calorie restriction is greater and when you do reach your goal you won’t have to learn to maintain because you’ve basically been eating that way all along.

You can do this! You will be amazed at how strong you really are. Welcome to the 5:2 pattern of eating and a whole different relationship with food.

Check out https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/ there are a lot of answers, experience, and encouragement in there.

It does not matter what you eat or drink as long as you stay within your TDEE on NFD and you eat within your 25% allotment (500 – 600 calories approximately)on Fast Day (FD) Nothing is forbidden on 5:2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.