18 hours window fast; break the fast

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
18 hours window fast; break the fast

This topic contains -2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Your Happy Place 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• hi everyone,
    I have been experimenting a bit with intermittent fasting for a couple of months now. At first, I started with a 16:8 fast, and now I switched to an 18:6 scheme. Recently I started making some research about what is the best protocol to follow when breaking a period of fasting and found out that this is something that actually has a certain level of importance. What I found out is that is important to not introduce fats and carbs in a mixed fashion but rather have a smaller meal composed of carbs and lean proteins since your insulin sensitivity is increased compared to normal(so if you introduce fat in that same meal these would enter the cells along with carbs and protein).
    Thus I was wondering if it’s a good strategy to start with a small meal composed of a few grams of carbs(50 gr of overnight oat and maybe a fruit) and proteins (a couple of eggs) and then 2-3 hours later get a larger meal that would also include fats(mainly unsaturated)

Thanks
    Lorenzo

How is the diet/ fasting working together? Or not?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.