16/8: Pressure in Throat

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all,
    First of all I think it’s great there is this platform to talk about intermittent fasting and I have been secretly reading threads since I started a month ago.
    I (28,f) am doing the 16/8 approach and feel so much better with this diet than before, no more sugary cravings, have been drinking much more green tea and water and my weight has steadily come down, too.
    Recently I noticed a kind of pressure in my throat, though. It’s not that I don’t get enough air but I do notice this. I suspect my thyroid maybe acting up? But I never had any problems with my thyroid and the blood tests were always fine. Does anyone have experience with these sensations? Is it normal?
    Any advice or tips would be great. 🙂
    Kind regards,
    weeinterpreter

Hi,
    Well done on your weight loss.

A word of caution,
    Contributors to this site are people just like you and me who want to lose weight and/or improve their health.
    We can all give you suggestions to help you stick to fasting but medical issues are another matter.

You should make an appointment with your doctor if you have any medical concerns/symptoms.

I totally agree but I won’t get an appointment for at least another month and I am going on holidays in a few days (always happens before holidays, right?!), so I am looking for short-term solutions until I can see a doctor. 🙂

Hi again,

I’m sure you don’t really need me or anyone else to tell you that whatever is ailing you is most likely coincidental rather than anything to do with eating less. And you probably also realise that it is impossible to suggest a short term solution for an unknown quantity. If it is bothering you enough to ask, you need to see a doctor either before or after your holiday.

I’m not meaning to be unhelpful but if you have something wrong in that area you need to be examined by an expert in order to eliminate anything that needs immediate treatment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.