10%weight loss but my waist size hasn't changed.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
10%weight loss but my waist size hasn't changed.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Pollyjones 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• I am really enjoying the fast diet, I am lucky to be doing this with my husband. Today I have achieved my first goal of 10% weight loss, but there is a long way still to go. I have come down in clothes size but am perplexed because my waist measurement remains the same. I am starting to row every day in the hope that will make a difference. Has anyone else experienced this?

Polly, maybe you’re measuring incorrectly as you’ve gone down a size?

Thanks for your reply, I have lost inches from my legs, arms, hips but not my waist, it’s as if I am clinging onto my fat in my middle, it’s a conundrum!
    Still I am sticking to this way of eating over the next year, I am looking on it as a marathon race rather than a sprint.
    Polly

Hi Polly, Congratulations on your 10% weight loss. And being down a size!

It seems to me that different bodies add and subtract weight in their own particular order. I put weight on my upper arms and breasts first, and that is where I lose it from last (Sigh!). For other people it is their hips or their thighs or their tummies.

No point worrying about it, just keep on with 5:2 and you will eventually lose that waist!

You are clinging onto the fat in your middle!
    I found that I too lost inches all over and my waist was the last to show any difference, but have a look at the sugar(both hidden and visible in the food that you eat and drink) and look at what you can reduce or give up.

The waist measurement is all about visceral fat around your organs, rowing will improve your core strength but not get rid of that…fasting will. Keep going Polly.

You might find Robert Lustig and Jason Fung of interest-both are on You Tube.

It is very much a marathon and a way of life.

Thank you both for your answers, I will certainly look up the two people you mention on YouTube. I realise that the weight loss is more important than the waistline. I have been so encouraged by reading what fellow travellers write about their journeys, without doubt this way of eating is for life. On fast days we eat one meal – (usually a M&S balanced for you meal) around 6 pm that way there is no temptation to eat more. There have been days when I have felt hungry, but distraction works well. Keeping busy and active makes the day go faster.
    Thanks for the support.

Best wishes Polly! 🌸🌸🌸

I lose weight first wherever I gained it last. For example, my worst and last weight gain was heavy on my arms and upper body. I lost 20 lbs and went down 2 sizes up top and I am mostly the same size down bottom! Frustrating, but at least we are losing! On the bright side, I don’t need to spend money on new jeans yet πŸ˜†

I started at 10 stone 2 and a 36″ measurement around my belly button. That measurement remained exactly the same until I hit about 9 stone 2 and then it slowly started coming down. At 8 stone 5 it’s now 33″. It might be a similar story for you?

A recent study found that people who worked their abs regularly lost an inch around their bellies, maybe it helped the fat sit better on their stomachs??? Regardless I’m trying it before my weight gets too low!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36763102

Congratulations with the 10% weight loss!

Why do you eat M&S balanced for you meals? Cooking from scratch is so much healthier!

Thanks for your helpful comments.
    Fastdutchgirl we eat those preprepaired meals from M and S because we know the calorie count and the portion size. We always cook from scratch on other days and sometimes will have boiled egg/ poached egg on fast days instead. We prefer to avoid food as much as possible on fast days, just having tea wth lemon and water for the rest of the day.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.