10-Year Follow-up of Intensive Glucose Control in Type 2 Diabetes

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
10-Year Follow-up of Intensive Glucose Control in Type 2 Diabetes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ruthi 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi USA, research shows just how important glucose control is for all of us. I just wish that the research conclusions could be more simplistic for those of us who are “simplistic”.
    Good Luck with your diabetes control programme. I am watching the progress.

Couscous

so so true

the kisss method

but that’s where the news simplifies it

next time i’ll try 2 find the laymen link

& back it up w/ the research link
    4 our great scientists that r on this forum

that why i gave the abstract if u read the full article which u can ugh (a nonscientist me 🙁 )

got 2 go eat dinner♨ 😀

OK, even though I am not a lover of technical gobbledegook I can summarise.

They looked at type 2 diabetes suffers long term. Groups who were given conventional dietary advice were compared with groups treated with drugs (so called intensive glucose control). The ones who had drug intervention did better. Wowee! I wonder which drug company paid for THAT little project?

No mention of weight control. No mention of fasting (not surprising). No mention of sleep. No comparison between those who managed to change their diet, and those who carried on eating badly.

If they had done this research only with people of a ‘healthy’ weight I might have been more impressed. But given that 80% of T2D is obesity related I am mostly interested in that unfortunate substantial minority who don’t have an easy remedy to hand.

You too USA?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.