1 week in and looking for buddies!

This topic contains 279 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  LindaSue 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 280 total)

• Hope you all like me enjoyed your early night last night! This is my first eating day going to stick to 2,200 kcal of clean eating although my TDEE is a huge 3000 kcal! Which seems excessive, funny I’m not hungry at all?! Is that normal after a fast day? I have made the Hairy bikers sausage casserole for lunch today should be nice on a cold day like this! Good luck to all today whichever day your on!

Well I did not do very well yest on my DD. I was so cold. Went to heat chicken broth and the tamper seal was broken so did not dare. Instead had Progresso Light. 1c = 100 cal. Had that and ended up eating the whole can. Had fish & veg bake for dinner. Then last night I went to bed with some sunflower seeds. Weight stayed the same.
    I can do better and will!

Keep going 2myhealth! I only weigh myself once a week so that I don’t see the day to day fluctuations. I drink chicken stock on my fast days which is incredibly salty which means that after a fast day my weight actually goes UP on the scales!

On an eating day today but am trying to keep it light so that hopefully I don’t struggle with my next fast day tomorrow as much as I did yesterday!

Good luck to those fasting tomorrow, I’ve decided not to fast again until next Monday as hubby is on holiday from tomorrow & with the kids at home too, I’d really struggle (hubby grazes all day) so I’ve decided to keep it easy for me and fast once normal life resumes on Monday!!
    I did weigh this morning and had gone from the 15 stones into the 14’s whoo hooo

Great job on the loss Lizzie! I too have just come down from the 15s and into the 14s!

Another fast day for me tomorrow, really hoping that it’s easier than yesterday’s one!

Well my first eating day is over, have eaten really clean had about 1800kcal have had tonnes of protein 155g and kept the cabs pretty low 112g, surprisingly or it may be normal but have not felt hungry all day? I really had to force myself to eat tonight dinner! My TDEE is a massive 3000 kcal no way I could manage that! Sleep well and good luck whichever day you are all on tomorrow!

Well done Plainy and Lizzie and Teeshabell

I’ve just had an Amaretto and two wee almond biscuits with coffee. Kept well under my TDEE though.

Have just booked a two night break in Oban next week. Fast Day Monday, seafood lunch and then Dinner which is 6 course taster menu on Tuesday. Breakfast and Dinner on Wednesday. Breakfast on Thursday and home, and then I’m going out for a meal with the WI on Thursday evening! Fast on Friday. Will be a test of how well I can control myself!

Going to try to be really good for the rest of this week.

Oh Joan! So jealous Oban is one of my most favourite places in the world we go there once or twice every year. Had my first fast day into my third week and found it a bit of a struggle, I got there, am now drinking black tea and thinking of going to bed. Thursday is my next fast day and I seem to find it a bit easier because I am at work and don’t get the chance to think of food. I am a support assistant in an Autistic Base so have no time to be hungry teenagers keep me busy. Good luck everyone! Fingers crossed for Thursday.

2nd fast day of the week for me today. Good luck to you all whichever type of day you are doing!

Teeshabell, hows your fast day going? Hope that it’s easier then Monday was.

It’s going OK thanks. Really cold but have been having lots of hot drinks to help. Been far less hungry though which is good!

Hi folks, I had a wee surprise today.

We had tatties, carrots, swede and broccoli with our steamed salmon.

swede 6 Cals per oz
    Carrots 12 Cals per oz
    Potatoes 25 Cals per oz

All root vegetables. Hadn’t compared them to each other in this way before.

Fast day for me tomorrow. Forecast to be a lovely sunny day here on the Moray coast (had a beautiful sunset this evening). However, tomorrow got to hang around between noon and 4 pm for a utility task. Going to do some gardening, well try, we’re not gardeners.

For those fasting today, I hope it has gone well for you.

For those who are not fasting today, I hope you keep within your TDEE…

Joan

Evening everyone, 2nd eating day for me today went really well 1700kcal with 48% protein, not felt hungry at all yet, not fasting again till Friday, but I’m sort of looking forward to it! Hope you are all well and your having a positive week so far? Best of luck tomorrow whether eating or fasting.

Sounds like you had a great start plainy. Well done Lizzie on your weight loss! Had my 2nd fast day of the week yesterday. Felt great. No headache and hunger much more manageable than monday.Was working 1pm til 8pm which is a big help. Away at the weekend so trying to muster some self control today and tomorrow although there’s a creme egg on my table been staring at me since yesterday!Haven’t seen any big weightloss yet, think I’ve only lost a pound but it fluctuates day to day. Going to just weigh on a thurs from now on. Sticking with it because I’m sure it will happen and I feel much better. Good luck to those fasting today.

2nd DD 2nd week. Need to make this a good one. Plan to make crockpot beef stew for dinner. My Fitness Pal lists 2c. As under 300 calories.
    Workout, make stew, clean. Here’s to a good day!

Hi,
    Im 51 and started the 5:2 diet on 12 Jan and have lost 12 ponds in just over a month am delighted with this and hope it continues good luck, it get easier i am nowhere near as hungry on the fast days (Mon and Thurs) than i was at the beginning. I have tried weight watchers and slimming world but find this diet by far the easiest as will power only needed 2 days a week.

Hi Jules, I started the week after you and I have also had a good loss. Like you, I can be good two days a week, but not every day. Having said that, I’ve not exceeded my TDEE once thus far and have generally managed to be somewhere around my BMR. So, I’m feeling very positive about it all. Not really been hungry at all.

Sounds good, 2myhealth. We are on steamed sea bass and lots of steamed veggies. Just come in from 4 mile walk. Beautiful here today, sparkling blue sea and blue sky.

FD today 2nd of the week, need to put right yesterday’s wrongs! We went out for my son birthday! Was going to be good…. I wasn’t, steak burger and chips and then ice cream and cookies,then this must have triggered something in me came home eat a 200g bar of cadburys fruit and nut about 15 biscuits, and then some home made Indian food courtesy of my fiancΓ© best friend! Not good not good at all but at least shows you the damage I am capable of!

Well I’m not going to dwell on it, FD today six good days are better than 0!
    Good luck to everyone today x

I am also fasting again today as I sort of cheated on my last fast day. I went the whole day with 500kcal and then at 10 past midnight (technically the next day) I had cheese on toast.

Then I’ve eaten all sorts of things like KFC, cakes, pancakes and chocolate.

So I think another fast is in order to put right the wrongs of the week!

Wow Jules 12# in like 5 weeks? Good for you. And, Joan, liked reading “4 mile walk”. I need to up my walk/runs, been stopping at 2 mi. I do use elliptical before for 100 calories but still…
    Plainy, that can happen oh so easily. Teeshabell, you too.

Fri w/i – not good. Gained back the 1# I lost first week. At first felt bummed, even thinking to heck with it. Then I remembered I took measurements. My waist went down 1 inch, each thigh lost an inch, even a 1/4 inch in my calf. My scale gives body fat and that went from 26.5 to 25.5. First measurements were taken nearly 2 weeks ago. I actually believe last night’s beef stew was too heavy a meal and once I get rid of that I’ll shed the lb. So once again encouraged. Don’t have a lot to lose so understand it will be slow.

Hope not too boring to you. It just helps to report in.

Teeshabell, how did today go?

2Myhealth, great inch losses there, I haven’t taken measurements, must do it.

I’m looking forward to getting back to my routines next week, planning to fast Mon/Wed/Fri and have just booked 5 gym classes for Mon-Fri.

Have a good weekend all.

Hi folks

Plainy and Teeshabell – it happens. As you say Plainy six days good is better than no days good. Tomorrow is another day, and I hope it went better for you today Teesh. I think that you and Lizzie will do better when you’re back into the school routine.

2myhealth – it’s loss of dimensions that we’re after anyway, and I’m really looking forward to being in the position you’re in, with just a few pounds and inches to go.. seems like a dream.

I’ve had a nice day. u3a Current Affairs group this morning and Whist this evening. I’ve had quite a lot of calories but less than my TDEE. Nice wine with my spag bol, and had a couple of lovely Thornton’s chocolates at Whist. Savoured them and don’t feel bad.

Expecting snow tomorrow, but it’s unlikely to lie because we’re on the coast. Talk to you tomorrow.

Not a successful fast today either as we ended up going to my partner’s mum’s for dinner.

I’m not going to beat myself up about it. It’s half term and I know that next week I’ll be back in my routine and I can get back to it properly πŸ™‚

Absolutely right Teeshabell. It’s a tough job you have and I think you’ve got to make the most of the breaks and that includes enjoying the eating that goes on around the freedom of the holiday. The school routine has its own demands which should make the 5:2 easier. You’ll be back to it soon enough.

hello! I’m Sarah & I have nearly finished my first week and I have had 3 fast days, as my husband is away & I didn’t have to make any family meals.

today’s fast day went really well and I managed the hunger well (day 2 was horrendous). I think waiting until my evening meal will suit me best. I had my new Brita water cup on the go today, I put lemon & lime slices in with the water and it really helped keep the pangs at bay. I also am drinking pukka teas, black coffee and a cup of miso soup for ‘lunch’ (Marigold miso boullion, just 12 cals).

weigh in tomorrow – fingers crossed! I’ve started at 12st11 and would like to get down to 10 1/2 stone.

I’m attempting healthy eating only on my non-fast days during Lent.

Welcome Sarah x Joan yesterday went well managed 585 kcal in one meal and despite terrible headache I got through it, made Harry bikers lamb tagine today really nice very tasty, feel in control again despite being very tired!

Hope you are well and having a great weekend x

thanks Plainy – glad you managed yesterday & are feeling better about the eating plan. did you know that 6 ‘good’ days out of 7 is an 85% success rate?

I’m pleased to report that after a 4:3 week I have lost 2kg, which is pleasing for my first week. I know it will be slower normally. I have a real life diet buddy, my friend & fellow guiding leader will be doing it with me & we will both be fasting on Mondays & Fridays (ususally).

I’m glad to have the forums to chat on, as I think my daughter would REALLY like me to stop talking about it at home…

oh, and I read that a salty drink will help stop you getting a headache – I like Marigold vegetable or miso boullion, just 12 cals for the cup. or you could try a bit of marmite/bovril.

Hi Sarah
    I think I’m going to be going to Holland and Barrett next time I’m in town to track down Marigold Miso Boullion. Thanks for the top. It sounds good and I’ve read that fermented stuff is good for your gut. Logically, shouldn’t this apply to wine as well? However, wine is a lot more calories…

Hi Teeshabell!

I’d like to be your buddy!

I’m just on day 1 of my own fast and would like to have someone to inspire and support me, and hopefully I can do the same for them!

Let me know if you want to buddy up!

Hi everyone.

I start my 5:2 tomorrow. I did a juice detox for a week and lost 10lbs I only have another 28lbs to loose until I get to my goal weight but I turn 30 in May and would like the majority of this off by then.

How is everyone finding it?’

Hi Seoulgirl, it would be lovely to have a buddy!

I’m back to properly fasting tomorrow after a week off for half term. I’ve struggles with my eating this week and had a couple of attempts at fasting but didn’t quite manage it completely.

Looking forward to getting back to it properly tomorrow and getting these extra lbs shifted once and for all!

Hope you all have a good day, can’t imagine many of you are fasting today so enjoy today and tomorrow we begin a new week of fasting!

Hi Seoulgirl, hi everybody.

I’m also on my first fast day, how is yours going?

I’m surprised that I’ve made it to 1 pm okay, we just had a lunch of chicken and heaps of vegetables. I’m still a bit hungry,though, and suspect that I’ve got to go to bed very, very early just waiting for the day to end as soon as possible.
    I just saw a broken sunflower seed on the couch (must have fallen off a roll or a slice of bread), and was actually contemplating eating it, how bad is that? πŸ™‚

Anyway, good luck to you on your first day, and to everybody else whether fasting or not!

cheers,
    Austrian

Well, the first fasting day is done, and it wasn’t too bad. I was slightly light-headed in the afternoon and quite hungry while getting the baby into bed, but then I had some vegetable soup and that should tide me over until tomorrow.
    I’m quite suprised, I didn’t think it would be pleasant, but I thought it would be way, way harder.

I hope you all had a successful day fasting (or not fasting).

Hi all,

I too, like Teeshabell have had the week off for half term.
    I’m looking forward to getting back on track tomorrow and have planned my food ready. I’m planning on doing Mon/wed/Fri this week.

Hi Everyone!

Thanks Teeshabell and Austrian! I feel inspired with your responses!
    It’s nice to have a forum where we can all share our stories rather than
    sharing with friends or coworkers! haha..

I made it through my first day–and kept it low calorie–
    about 600 (cheese and rice porridge).
    Today, I feel really good…
    Thinking about having a garlic/broccoli olive oil fry up for dinner..
    Can anyone give me any tips on how they eat on their fast days?

I am trying to go change my lifestyle back to the healthy one I used to have! πŸ™‚

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Morning everyone a first week loss of 7lbs so really pleased with that, even with one awful day on Thursday!
    A new week and a FD today, for all those weighing fasting or eating today good luck and have a great week!

Good morning week 3 over and have put on a pound!!! I am trying not to be disapointed, didn’t think I had done too badly but must try harder. Good news I measured my waist and have lost one and a quarter inches, so not all bad. I will rethink what I am eating all week and will try to get some more exercise but weather has been so bad. Aw well good luck to everyone,

Elaineing55:

Don’t worry! We all have slower weeks at times.
    It’s how you feel that counts! Don’t be discouraged by numbers..!
    Be inspired by the 1 1/4 inches! That’s awesome!

Best,

Seoulgirl

Hi Seoulgirl,

I don’t know any English recipe sites (yet), but this recipe blog has 5:2 recipes. Apparently, the author of the blog and her husband have been doing the 5:2 thing for a year and lost 15 kilos. I’ve tried several of the recipes and they were all good. Unfortunately, it’s all in German, but maybe you could use google translator? Look for posts with the label 5:2!
    The blog: http://peho.typepad.com/
    Hope this might help you!

Elaineg55, I’ve heard that it’s more reliable to look at measurements than the scales, so don’t be upset!Hope the scales are on your side next week!

As for myself, I woke up not really that hungry and my scales showed a loss of 2 kilos, must have been all water. Today my body feels a little sore, they way you feel after an all-day hike or bike tour. Otherwise, I’m not more hungry than usual and do not have the urge to stuff my face with unhealthy foods (which was my secret fear). I’ll do a second fasting day on Wednesday, I think. Don’t know if my dear husband will join me, he did so yesterday but since he has to work on Wednesday it might be complicated or too exhausting for him. I’m at home with the baby, so that should work out fine. Oh well, and that’s the baby talking on her playmat, I’d better see what she’s up to!

Cheers to all of you, stay motivated!

Austrian

Hi Everyone!

This is Day 1 for me and happens to be my Fast day. Looking forward to seeing some positive results especially when I’ve sorted out my menus!?! Have set myself an initial goal of 10 Kg and then will take it from there…..

Cheers

My first day also, and !st fast day. Have posted about idle eating and already had supportive replies. Wonderful. Hope I can join you all for support as am very weak willed and have succumbed to eating a boiled egg! water not quite doing it for me. Roll on supper. x

Hi itwhat, were you doing a total fast (no food at all)? Wow…you can’t be weak willed if you try that! The idea alone makes me want to hold on to a big loaf of bread and a jar or jam.

Hi and welcome to the newbies! Am finding 5:2 actually fun. After getting up several times last night to pee I decided to weigh myself this a.m. Yes, after 3 UD’s. I lost a lb. This is a DD. I just completed a weights workout and 200 calories burned on Elliptical.

Am headed to the pool to get some color. Been a cold winter in FL, and I now look like a northerner. Well, maybe not quite. Am planning to make Negative Calorie Soup. It’s just a bunch of veggies.

Hope everyone enjoys their day! And for those who say it gets easier, I am finding that also. You start to look forward to your DD.

Evening all,

Just checking in. I successfully fasted today and am glad to be back to my usual routine (even if does mean back to work!). I’m not sure when I’ll do my next fast day. I usually do Wednesdays but this week I’m on a course and a buffet lunch will be provided. I just can’t see myself abstaining! Thursday night out for dinner with a friend. Might have to be Friday or I guess maybe another fast tomorrow. I’ve never done two days in a row before. Anyone done it? Harder? Easier? Any advice much appreciated!

Hope you all had successful days whether fasting or not.

Hi Teeshabell… I’ve done back to backs a few times and its easy as! I try to do Monday, Tuesday (and sometimes Wednesday) just so I can spend the rest of the week eating normally (but less so!) without worrying too much.

I think its a ‘mind over matter’ thing, but once you do it, you realise its not as bad as you think. And if you keep yourself busy, even better!

So good luck!!

Hey, I’m one week in exactly, today! This is my 3rd “fasting” day πŸ™‚ I’m loving it. I’m anxious to weight in tomorrow morning and see what the ‘total’ one-week weight will be. I have been very strict with the fasting days but not so with the other days. In fact,I made some mistakes that I don’t want to make the 2nd week. I found that my system will not tolerate eating 500 cal one day and a quarter of a pie the next! It made me feel ill. Also, I need to up my fibrous foods to prevent constipation. Live & learn πŸ˜‰ Happy to see everyone here and also learn from them!

Hi Seoulgirl! I was reading the above messages and you asked about what others eat during their fasting days. Well, I’m definitely NOT an expert, but this is what I do. I use myfitnessfal.com like a checking account. I know I have 500 calories to spend during the day .. so, this morning, I had a lovely smoothie made from a cup of frozen pineapple, 1 T orange concentrate, 1 C homemade almond milk, 1 t vanilla, & Greens powder. That was refreshing! I drink coffee with Stevia, cocoa powder, & almond milk because it’s a natural appetite suppressant. I had a mix of onion soup & beef broth to sip on. Sliced apple with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter, and a cup of Miso soup. The mixture of fibrous fruits/vegs and salty broths kept me from developing a headache at all today. All this was exactly 500 calories. πŸ™‚

Hi everyone. I have been very erratic in my eating and am trying to get back on track. I had a massage yesterday and the masseuse (not someone given to dishing out compliments!) asked if I was losing weight. I felt really chuffed as I have not been weighing myself until I have kept to a Fast Day (don’t know why really. Some sort of punishment?) I had to empty out my daughter’s fridge yesterday as she is away and gave in to some yummy cold meats. Still, something must be happening as my jeans feel a bit loose and I am walking more easily up hills when out with the dog.

Teeshabell, what did you decide? I have never done back to back DDs. Santony, are you happy with your results? Hey, Cactus, good attitude. Look forward to hearing your 1 week results. Nice compliment for you, Georgie!

Woke up very early this a.m. Weighed. Lost another lb after Fast Day yesterday. Scale read 114.5 and 24.5 BF. 2.5# til goal. And my understanding is that BF under 25 gets me out of the overweight category. Yay! Now it might not be technically accurate but using same scale at every weigh in I feel I’m comparing apples to apples.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 280 total)

You must be logged in to reply.