1 week in and looking for buddies!

This topic contains 279 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  LindaSue 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 251 through 280 (of 280 total)

• Tramcaur,
    I also have the impression that fast days somehow reset appetite and portion size. I am full much earlier than I used to, and then I just can’t snack for hours and hours because my body seems to say “No thanks”, firmly but politely. It feels odd, but is certainly the way to go.

Anyway, I started a fast day and stopped in the afternoon after my baby had been fretful for hours. Bad form, shouldn’t happen too often. So I set up Wednesday and Friday as fast days this week. I almost like them while they’re happening, but I hate knowing that they are coming up soon. πŸ™

Good luck, everyone!

Well, 13:13 this morning and fairly confident that can claim 16 pounds off over eight weeks. It’s a case of slogging on. So, four mini targets achieved thus far:
    – Lose half stone
    – Become less than 200 pounds
    – Lose a full stone
    – Be less than 14 stones

Next target is a stone and a half – achieve 13st 08 pounds = 190lbs and a loss of 21lbs which represents 10% of my original bodyweight. From memory of slimming world days, isn’t it at 10% that it becomes noticeable to others? Or is it 20%?

Anyway, aim is to lose five pounds in two weeks! Going to try Mon, Wed and Fri fasts. Will do a wee measure later too. Am definitely feeling ‘less’.

Joan that’s amazing! Congrats on the fantastic weight loss so far!

I’ve lost 15lbs and I had my first person notice yesterday that I’ve lost weight and it felt great! It won’t be long Joan before people start to notice! (or maybe they already have bit are too shy to mention it or worried about pointing it out!)
    I fasted yesterday and doing today too and then probably Thursday or Friday.

Keep on keeping on!

Thanks Teeshabell, and well done to you too!

That is just it. “Gotta keep on keeping on”. Wasn’t that a song?

I’m just going to recalculate my TDEE and BMR in the light if my new BMI.

Have to look up how to do it again…

teeshabell, congrats, 15 lbs is a LOT if you think of it in terms of packets of sugar or butter.
    Good luck and keep on keeping on, too!

One week in. I have lost a little over a pound, and have another 8-10 to go. I’m a short one, and 10 pounds is two sizes. Ugh. I broke my foot in November and my activity level just plummeted. Now it’s slowly back to normal. I’ve gotten through two FDs and am planning for my next tomorrow.

I feel a bit smaller already.

Hello all!

So great to see progess in you all! Teesha: wow! So glad to hear that you have lost 15lbs! That’s amazing…good for you!

Austrian: Keep it up! You are doing well!

I have been working/out of the country recently, so I haven’t been able to follow my diet/fastig days as well. It’s been hard. A couple of times (because I didn’t have food I could eat) I had to resort to junk food….*sigh*.

Tomorrow I will be back on track and following more closely.

Have a great day/night everyone!

Seoulgirl πŸ™‚

I wish everyone success…

Hi Seoulgirl,

I know how difficult it can be to stick to your plan while travelling; good luck with getting back on track again, I’m sure you’ll do fine!

Cheers,
    Austrian

Hi Teeshabell, welcome to the 5-2 diet. I fast on Mondays and Wednesdays. Been doing it since November. Christmas was difficult but have lost 13 kilos so far and Its been fairly easy. I understand about needing a buddy for the difficult times. Sometimes that voice in your head is hard to ignore. Having an event to look forward to will help your motivation. Keep going.

Hi K-Lo. How you doin today? I joined the gym and plan go MWF. Do you track what you eat?
    Rachel

Rachel32, I went to a community meeting last night and found myself seated right next to the BBQ potato chips. Oh well, today is a fast day and it’s going well. An egg at 7 am. A bowl of miso with enoki mushrooms and ginger at 12:30.

I’m lazy about tracking. I do it only on FDs.

What kind of workout are you looking at?

so pleased to hear of everyone’s results. keep it up.

K-Lo – i find miso is awesome on a fast day too – I sometimes add a few mushrooms and a handful of spinach or some grated zucchini.

Ha.
    I did my first weekly fast yesterday and today I was almost at my pre-pregnancy weight. Yay!
    Idiotically, I ate nothing but carbs today (long story, don’t ask), mainy white bread and cookies. The nice thing is that this feels SO un-nourishing that I am more than willing to get back on track after such a “cheat day” or “cheat meal”.

So, second fast tomorrow!

Good luck, everyone!

Hi Austrian. Congratulations on achieving an interim goal. How much do you still have to lose?
    I find second fast day difficult and am not managing to do 3 fast days which is generally my intention on a Monday! Wednesday slides from fast day into non fast day, so Thursday performance is important. Yesterday was hard and I’m just glad that I managed to stick it out.

Hi all,
    Congratulations on your progress so far!
    So, this week was my first week, I fasted on Tuesday and yesterday. I had breakfast and dinner each time, and it wasn’t quite as horrendous as I’d been expecting. Difficult watching my husband have chicken and chorizo stew with 2 slices of bread as I had a small piece of salmon and salad, however!

I’ve got 22lb to lose, and I’m going to try not to weigh myself for a couple of weeks. Next week might already be tricky – I’ve got a week away from next Wed so will try 2 consecutive fast days on Mon & Tue. I’m expecting it to be tough…

Lost a pound the day after my fast day. Now down 2.5 pounds. 9.5 to go. Very comfortable with this way of eating.

Hi Joan,

and thanks for the congratulations! πŸ™‚
    I would like to get down to 90 kilos, and then workout how to maintain this for a while. Losing more weight would be great – reaching 80 kilos would be wonderful – but I am a little bit wary as so many people can’t keep the weight off and then gain it all back. I know that technically that shouldn’t be a problem as long as I continue to throw in fast weekly fast days, but well, bodies are different and complicated.

Can I ask you why you do (or try to do) three fast days a week? It sounds like a bit of an ordeal.

Have a great weekend, everybody, whether fasting or feasting!

Cheers,
    Austrian

Hi all,
    Haven’t been fasting for the past couple of weeks due to a nasty bout of flu. Feeling a bit better today so am hoping to be back to fasting by the end of this week. Glad to hear you’re all doing well!

I too have just started this last week. Lost 1Kg in my first week. I think this will be a mind over matter project for me. Smaller plates when I eat and chew slowly (20 times per bite) and the meals feel like they last just as much as everyone else at the table.

Each time I feel hungry I just start drinking water and the feeling just gets washed away literally.

Also I have a few nuts with my decaf tea once a day which keeps me going for ages.

Other tip is to stay busy so that the day goes quicker.

Good luck everyone.

Onwards and downwards πŸ™‚

Does anyone else find a blip up after a fast day. It’s gone and more the next day, but this has happened more than once.

My FD menu yesterday: B – a hard boiled egg. L- 8oz miso with shitake mushrooms and leftover aspargus. D – a fish taco. Baked catfish with spicy seasonings, topped with shredded cucumber and cabbage. Topping of plain yogurt mixed with rice wine vingar, lime juice and lots of lime zest.

Hi everyone, I’ve had a really bad cold, which is why I’ve been so quiet. The sun hasn’t been shining very much and I just stopped.
    Weighed yesterday and hadn’t put on, so proceeded to eat 200g of Lidl’s finest praline truffles.
    Have had a good walk today, about 7 miles, but with lunch.. including wine. Now drinking wine and eating Mull of Kintyre cheese.

What to do on an Easter weekend?

Help me, I think I’m falling… (For Joni Mitchell fans)

Feeling pressure now that son has confirmed that the wedding is definitely in October 2016

Hi I am now 8 weeks in and lost 6lbs but have put back 2 as I was away last week. I find my clothes looser and have lost inches if not lbs so happy to keep going. I didn’t believe I could do it initially as 500cals for me is very low. But I can do it and it isn’t as difficult as I imagined it would be. I like reading the posts and finding out how others are doing. I want to lose 21lbs in total to put me at healthy weight range. The other surprising thing is I don’t feel physically hungry on fast days and realise how much my overeating is due to what is going on in my head. Just want to keep this going and get to maintenance as I feel this could be doable. Hope I can be talking about my losses in next few months.

Hi all I also have not been in touch for a while. In total I have lost 8lbs in 7 weeks so not too bad, I really feel now that I am not on a diet but have started a new way of eating, my fast days are getting easier and I don’t really think too much about it. I must loose 2lbs this week to make my first target which was 10lbs by the end of March!!!!! Won’t beat myself up if I don’t make it, the good part is that I have lost 2 1/2 inches off my waistπŸ˜€ Now got till Friday to loose two pounds, wish me luck, Elaine Who decided to make large pack of peanut M&Ms Β£1 have had a few packs!! MUST TRY HARDER

Good morning everyone, after being ill and then easter eating I am finally back to fasting today. I’m on easter break (I’m a teacher) so I know fasting is much harder in the holidays. Really need to keep focused this week as it’s my birthday and my partner’s birthday next week so that’ll be a tricky week too.

Weight loss has ground to a halt at the moment and I must must must get it going again!

Hi everyone!

How are you all doing? Still fasting? I’m back to it after Easter and now have just 7 months before going to try wedding dresses on and still want to lose ideally another 3 stone before then so definitely need to stay motivated to do this!

I have 20lbs to lose and just started 5:2 on Monday. Feeling good. I lost 2.2lbs my 1st week. Water weight I’m sure but I’ll take it!

What’s happened?

Hi everyone! I just started this fasting diet this Monday, today is my second fasting day. I think I have found finally something good for me. I love food and that way I hope I will be able to be pretty for my wedding in 3 months. Iiiiiii I know it is not far away but similarly I managed to lose 5 kg since February, and I hope to lose another 8-10kg which is between 1-2 stones. 1 stone will be fantastic! I did not like what I saw in the mirror when I saw myself on my firs dress hunting. I still have more than 12 weeks so hopefully I will be able to make it:) I also walk a lot and do hot yoga, good luck to each and every one of us!

Hello,
    I am now into my third week of the 5:2 lifestyle. I am really enjoying this new adventure. I fast on Tuesday and Thursday. I eat two meals a day, breakfast and dinner. My breakfast consists of steel cut oats, blueberries and a splash of unsweetened almond milk. I find the oatmeal keeps me from feeling hungry during lunchtime and not too ravenous by dinner time. For dinner, I have some type of animal protein with a variety of vegetables. I found that one line Dr. Mosley wrote in The Fast Diet book, “You will not starve” to be the most affirming line ever written in any diet book I have ever read! I also find I am able to steel my resolve with the comfort of knowing that the next day I can eat what I like. I do look forward to my fast days as days where I am can give my digestive system a break.
    I cannot say if I have lost any weight,because I just got round to replacing the battery in my weigh scale.
    My plan is to weigh myself once a week on a Friday, although it will be twice this week as I weighed myself on Monday to get a starting weight. I want to lose 40 lbs. My mini goal is to have lost 15 lbs by the end of August.
    This is the first forum I have ever joined. I am very glad that someone thought to do this; thank you. I have enjoyed reading through the previous posts, I found them to be inspiring.
    I wish everyone all the best.
    I will keep you posted on my progress and I will look for support from your posts.

Hey, what happened to this nice thread. I am new and was reading different threads to get to know people. Everybody on here seems so nice and supportive – but where did you go?

Viewing 30 posts - 251 through 280 (of 280 total)

You must be logged in to reply.