1 week in and looking for buddies!

This topic contains 279 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  LindaSue 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 280 total)

• Started today, after spending time reading and researching ….. then I thought this morning……DO IT, GIRL πŸ™Œ

I’ve just had ‘brunch’ which consisted of an apple (pips and core included!!!) and oats made with water. I really took my time to eat every mouthful. I’ve got time now as I packed in my quite stressful job last Friday.

Having just read some of the posts, I’ve got to say that you are all inspirational…

Anniem61

Welcome Anniem61! Love your just do it attitude!

I decided to do my other fast day on Friday since my fiancΓ© is doing his second one then too, felt it makes sense to do it on the same day so that we can both have the same light calorie dinner.

Been good today, am finding it so much easier being back at school!

Hope you’re all having a good day!

I am in Oban and the sun is shining. Snow on the mountains of Mull. Had smoked salmon and prawn parcel, Thai fishcake and lots and lots of mussels for lunch with glass of sauv blanc. Now enjoying a Kir Royale, well, the Wetherspoons’ version, made with prosecco and framboise.

Forecast is good so will get a good walk in. Will try not to overdo the eating…

Hi Annie, I hope your first fast day went well.

I did my second today – I had planned to do it on Wednesday but dreaded that I would have to push myself, so I sort of sneaked up on myself and declared today a fast day right after breakfast (tea with 40 calories worth of cream).
    It was quite okay, actually, I didn’t feel very hungry most of the time, but felt very lightheaded and tired in the late afternoon. For dinner, I made some tomato soup, and now I feel up to do some sewing. πŸ™‚

Have a great day tomorrow, everybody!

Cheers,
    Austrian

Hi all had a good first day in week four fasting. After my disappointment of putting on 1lb on Monday I decided to have nothing but black tea and water, went to yoga in the afternoon and nearly wet myself during relaxation 😁 Ha! Managed until 6pm then had a ready meal 300 cals jelly and a peach, feel fine, maybe this is the way to go! As long as there is a loo nearby or invest in Tena lady’s ha ha. Joan I am going to Oban for three nights at the weekend hope the weather keeps up.πŸ˜€

Elaine
    I just worked out that I had 2600 Cals And then I realised I had forgotten the prosecco..
    Dinner was fab – salmon mousse, scallop parcel, wee spicy fishy soup, lamb, chocolate and pear and finally crowdie and oatcakes.
    Tomorrow, forecast is good. After my back massage and facial, we are going to walk to Connel Bridge and then bus it back to Oban.
    Two nights is not enough. We really don’t know this area very well, although I can remember, as a child, regularly waiting for the ferry at Ballahuilish. It took us about 4.5 hours to get here from Moray coast. Because of the snow we came by Inverness and Fort William. Intend to go home via Aviemore and Aberlour.
    Going to come back soonish and go to Mull. Bought a lovely top in McEwan’s sale. I think I am fit for, fast diet for about five weeks, losing nearly a stone, and then have a wee holiday. Test will be whether I can get back on the diet on Friday. Undo three days damage and get on with it.
    Hope you have a lovely time here at the weekend. We went up to McCaig’s Tower this evening. What a view!

Hi all!

Nice to see everyone working hard to accomplish goals!

Yesterday was a good and bad day for me…haha!
    Ended up eating out and drinking with a friend..
    but ate only protein and drank clear spirits(vodka, etc).

I also went to a diet doctor to start Mesotherapy. I highly
    recommend it (if it is available to you).

Today, back on the wagon! πŸ™‚ Salad day!

Hope everyone is having a successful day!

HI all,

I fasted on Monday, which was fine. Today though I’m really struggling.
    I have something playing on my mind and although I’ve tried to deal with it (emailed asking for clarification) I’m still feeling arrggghhhh.
    Anyway I thought I’d quickly type it on here and make myself another drink to divert myself for a little bit.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Hang in there 1Lizzie!
    I am on week 3 and I found that the second day of fasting was the absolute worst. Really dreadful. But once I got over that I’ve found the other fasts to be waaaay better.
    In fact, I went to 4:3 just because I think for me my body gets too unused to fasting on 5:2.
    For me drinking a cup of hot beef broth at noon really helps. It smells and feels like you’re drinking a hot cup of soup.

Hi Lizzie,
    hope you are doing better now – it’s just a couple of hours to go anyway, and tomorrow you can eat what you want. So don’t give up!

Thanks both, I won’t give up πŸ™‚

Well, I’m almost through with the third fast day.

It’s not so difficult, but I really hit an energy low in the late afternoon, which is unfortunate because my baby tends to be tired and fussy at that time. Oh well, what can you do. I wonder if it will become easier when the body is accustomed to 5:2.
    I had tea with cream for breakfast, a bit of beef and lots of fennel for lunch, and tomato soup for dinner. Oh, and an apple in the afternoon, which helped a little.

I think it’s important to make sure to eat enough on non-fast days so that the metabolism doesn’t slow down; maybe I should start using a food diary app or something to keep track of things.

I hope you are all doing well – and have a great evening.

Well, karma got me. Did I say DD gets easier? Well, yesterday was tough. However, I believe it was because I just had salad topped with chicken for dinner night before. Need to have a larger dinner before a DD. Could not sleep and ended up having a bowl of Cheerios at 2:00a. Needed to sleep as getting company for entire weekend.
    Ok, off to do some finishing touches on guest rooms. Hope I have time to get a workout in this morning also. Hope things are going well for all of you!

My fast day today was hard, really struggled towards the evening. I am hopeful for my weigh in tomorrow though so fingers crossed! We got pet cats today from a rescue centre so we’ve been busy all afternoon which has helped with distracting me from the hunger a bit!

Hope you’re all doing well and that you have a great weekend!

OMGoodness, what busy little girls. Cute as can be but chatter chatter chatter. I am so used to quiet time in the a.m. Even dh knows not to talk to me. LOL ok. Think they are off to park.

Did 200 cal on ET, and walked/ran 2 mi yest. Then after making a grocery and library run and cooking, I got in over 15K steps yest.

Dh was with company over at pool yest. He jumped in with cell phone in his pocket. Gggrrr. Since he has history of losing them, etc. he bought insurance to the tune of $10/ month so we will see how good it is.
    Tried drying it,out in rice, but he doesn’t think it’s working. Don’t think it has been long enough.

Anyway, happy weekends are UD’s. In fact, feel hungry now. May just have chocolate chip waffle like the kiddos. Have a great weekend!

Hi folks, we seem to be having our ups and downs! I went off the rails in Oban and I was rewarded with a kind of stomach bug – cramps. I’m still not right but am back on track, I think. 5 weeks until I see my family for a week during the Easter Holidays. I want at least another half stone off by then.

Well, I weighed in this morning and was 14st and 03lbs, so I have achieved my second goal because I now weigh under 200lbs!

In the six weeks I have been on the diet, I have lost 12lbs. Two pounds a week is OK. Lots of things coming up.

First week in April, a week in Aviemore with extended family – lots of eating and drinking together.

Home for a week then 8 night cruise to Norway.

Home for a week then 5 days in North Yorkshire with friends.

So, a few challenges there. Got to do the best I can in the next five weeks.

Fast Day today.

After 3 UD lost 1.5#. Surreal. No DD today as have golf tourney. Next one will be Thurs.

Okay, so after 3 fast days I lost 1.2 kilos, which is absolutely fine given that they say half a kilo a week is a realistic goal.
    Does this fasting thing get easier? I’m on my fourth day and I feel less hungry than last week.
    I’ve also started a challenge on fitnessblender.com, 50-60 minutes a day, very varied, I do love their videos. It’s also great because after about a year of no sports (I had a miserable pregnancy) I hugely enjoy myself when I have a chance to do sports.

I hope everybody else is doing well and you are all having a great time.

Oh dear put on a pound after weekend in Oban! Not too bad actually after three nights of three course meals. Never mind had a great time, weather was great and did a five mile walk on the Saturday so god knows how much I could have put on! Anyhow starting fast day today, going for just black tea and water till 6pm and then a light meal. May try it for three days but will see how today goes, hope everyone has a good week will keep you all posted on how I do.

Elaine, not so bad then. I knew you had a good forecast so I’m glad the weather stayed good for you. It was sparkling here too. I’m back on track as well.

Well I lost nothing last week so I was pretty bummed out. However, pressing onwards and hoping for a good loss this week. Just done my second fast day. I did yesterday too, wanted to try themtogether and actually it felt fine! No different than doing 2 spread out days. Hope everyone has had a good day!

Hi Everyone.

I flirted with the 5:2 about 18 months ago and lost 3kgs in 2 months but then stopped the fasting regime due to holidays, work, stress and the millions of other excuses I could give you and just never went back to it…

I am now recommencing the 5:2 fast diet (one week in) and thought being part of a forum would help keep me going this time – I’ve never really been involved in forums before and I hope its ok to include a latecomer (?)

On the 1st of Jan this year, I was the heaviest I have ever been. I am female, 5ft 9in (174cm) and I weighed in at 71 kgs. This was a shock as I consider myself a relatively active person but in the last 10 years I had put on an average of 1kg a year. I didn’t want to keep doing that year in year out.

For the past two months, I have been on a mashed up version of a low carb/high fat diet and exercise. I was doing 2 days of light exercise (long walk – 45 mins) and 3 or 4 moderate intensity cross training classes a week. I have managed to tone up and lose nearly 4kgs in 8 weeks (I am now 67kgs) but it was a lot of work and I felt kind of lethargic and had a sort of brain fuzz the whole time. And life goes on whether we are tired or not, so I thought I would need to change something if I wanted to continue to lose weight.

I still want to lose between 5-7kgs. I remembered how good I felt last time I was on the 5:2 and I thought it a good idea to return to that way of life again. I will still maintain my exercise of 45 min walking 2 x a week with 2 or 3 moderate sessions of training. I really enjoy the exercise.

I plan to fast on Mondays and Wednesdays and I’m keeping a food log to track calories on the fast days and my non-fast days til I get the hang of my TDEE.

It is so inspiring to hear of your successes with the 5:2. Keep up the good work. I hope to report some successes of my own on here soon.

Morning all,

Today is my first fast day of the week (usually do mon/wd) as life got in the way a bit earlier in the week. So I’m planning on doing today and Friday instead.

Hope everyone is still doing well.

Well I’m back at it also. Am glad today is a fast day. I feel like I’ve gained it all back! Very bloated feeling. Hope not, weigh in tomorrow. Not meaning to discourage anybody; 5:2 does,work! Was at a b.d. party last night which incl wine and appetizers and b.d. cake. Leap Year baby – she celebrated being 18, actually 71 or 72. What fun!

Let’s report on today’s success tomorrow, ok?

2myhealth, the birthday party sounds like great fun. Did you all dress up as 18-year-olds or wear retro clothing, that kind of thing?

I’m on my fifth fast day in total, it’s all going well. This is the first fast day that I decided on before the day itself. Yesterday I baked croissants (actually dead easy, just time consuming) and then. Ate.Four. Fresh from the oven, with homemade peach jam. After this feast I realized that these croissants were 50% butter and that a fast day was in order. Well, today I wasn’t hungry before noon, and am not very hungry even now.
    Let’s see what the scales say tomorrow morning…

Good luck to all of you!

Hi everyone, how are we all? Still going strong or struggling a bit? Seems very quiet here! I lost 1lb this week which was alright but had hoped for a little more. Had a look at what I eat on my up days and discovered that last weekend I ate nearly 3000kcal on Saturday and Sunday which would explain the small loss! Need to get my weekends in check if I want the weightloss to speed up. Planning to fast Monday, Tuesday and Friday this week to see if I can give my weightloss a boost and making sure that my calories stay more moderate today than last Sunday!

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Hi Teeshabell and everyone
    Have been scoffing Mother’s Day chocolates this morning…Finding it a bit too easy to stray at the moment and hard to get back on track. Not motivating myself very well..

Hi all had a good week only lost 1lb but at least it was a loss. Will try harder next week! I think I should content myself with loosing a lb or two every week it will stay off!!! Well that’s what I’m telling myself ha! Restricting myself to two Mother’s Day chocolates a day, see how long that lasts!!! Or should I just eat them all today and that would get rid of the temptation….. Hope you all have a good week😎

Hi Teeshabell, Joan & Elaineing

I’m really struggling, didn’t complete a full fast day at all last week but am planning on sticking to it tomorrow and getting myself back on track.
    I’ve put on weight this week and must get back to it tomorrow.

Have a good week all.

We can do this guys! Who is fasting tomorrow? Let’s commit to sticking to it and checking in here to report our success for day and what we had for our meals.

I’m wedding dress shopping in October half term which is about 8 months away. So far I’ve been ‘dieting’ for 3 months and haven’t even lost a stone yet and I still have about 5 more to lose so I’m way behind schedule and really really need to focus!

That’s my motivation, what’s yours?

I’m with you tomorrow Teeshabell, I want to lose the weight so that I can be with my kids and not be stood at the sidelines anymore.

My usual days are Tuesday and thurs but I am with you Lizzie and teesabell lets do it tomorrow no cheating!!!! Finished all chocs anyway! Hubby helped, will check in tomorrow night with an honest list of what I have eaten. Who is up for it!

I will be fasting tomorrow too. All my Mother’s Day chocolates have gone as well. Got digital photography and Bridge tomorrow and intend having steamed sea bass and lots of steamed veggies. Wonder if I should try Mon, Wed, Fri for a couple of weeks.

Glad to see so many committing to tomorrow, it’ll make it easier to stick to knowing that you’ll be doing it too and knowing that I’ll be posting here at the end of the day! I’m off to bed shortly so I’ll wish you all a good night and good luck for tomorrow. Let’s get back on this and shift those extra lbs!

Well done everyone, keep it up.

I completed my first two fasting days last week. Monday and Wednesday, but about 550-600 cals….but I am okay with being slightly over the cal intake.

Ate half my cals at breakfast and then the rest at dinner (about 6pm). Nothing after dinner.

When I weighed in last Thursday (after the fasting days) I had lost 1kg (so down to 66). However, the weekend was a bit indulgent (a few wines and a night out for dinner with friends so when I weighed in this morning (Monday) I was back to 67kg. Oh well… am fasting again today.

So far so good, drinking plenty of warm water & not eaten anything.
    Planning on having left over sunday lunch at 5pm tonight (and I can’t wait as it was delicious!)

Just made the beginnings of a white fish stew with orange and fennel from Mimi Spencer’s Fast Diet book. Smells delicious. Had pork with fennel the other day from the same book (love fennel but only buy it when it’s on offer). There’s some really good ideas and recipes in the book so I am trying to plan ahead for my next fast day. Far too much food and white wine at the weekend and I am meeting my kids tomorrow for lunch and a friend on Wednesday so need to be organised ahead of time for next fast day on Thursday. Weigh in tomorrow morning first thing so the truth will out! Sounds like there’s some really determined people out there. Well done

I have just had 300 calories made up of steamed sea bass and leeks, courgettes, carrots, swede, fine beans, sugar snap peas. Huge plateful. Feel full but not stuffed. Going to try to make that the end of it for today to undo some of the damage of recent days. Seem to have got ‘stuck’ and need a loss to motivate myself.

Hi all, had nothing but black tea until 5.30 this evening, have had a really sore head all afternoon. Had whole grain rice and chicken, 7.15 am now going to have more tea. Will try again tomorrow, maybe have some porridge and berries first thing to ward off the sore head. Got yoga at lunchtime so that helps the urge to eat hopefully will last out until a 300 cal meal at 6pm. I will try again on Thursday that’s three fast days will weigh in on Saturday morning, fingers crossed till then. Elaine

Well done everyone! I had a successful fast day. I had a low calorie curry for dinner with lots of veg. Came in a 520kcal so am pretty pleased with that! I’m going to fast tomorrow too and then maybe again on Thursday. Feeling motivated to do this!

Hi everyone
    I’ve just started the 5-2 today and have been reading your posts to give myself some encouragement! Like Joan I have big wedding (daughter) Oct in Sydney and need to lose 3stone -have actually bought the outfit which is nearly 2 sizes than my present size -so got to do it.
    I’m a bit worried about the fasting days -think I may stick to 2bowls of porridge and some fruit -any hints most welcome

Hi ALICE:

Eating carbs makes you hungry so you should stick to high fat, moderate protein foods. Many find eating one meal in the evening works best. I know it sounds unbelievable, but the less you eat, the less hungry you are.

Here is more information: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Another successful fast day for me today. That’s 2 this week already! I actually really like doing them back to back. Normal (mindful) eating for me tomorrow and then might fast again on Thursday. Really really want to get this extra weight gone so I really need to buckle down.

Hope everyone else had a good day!

Hi Teesh and everyone

Was under 14 stone this morning. Have decided to do fasting Mon, Wed and Fri. Today have had salmon and lots of vegetables, steamed. Have also had cheese cut into tiny cubes and red wine. Tomorrow (fast day) going to have my home made bolognaise sauce and lots of salad.

My son informed me that he might be getting married in October half term… that’s only months away. Initially he said it was going to be February half term next year. They’ve decided that more likely to be lighter and warmer in Edinburgh in October rather than February – true! Like you Teeshabell, I’ve got to really buckle down.

No pressure eh…

Did my first fast day of the week today – Wednesday is not ideal for me, but I was visiting family and only came back home yesterday. So Wednesday and Friday it is, this week.
    Had carbohydrate breakfasts at my parents’ – LOTS of delicious rolls and butter and jam on top, something I NEVER have when I’m at home. Still, I skipped lunch because I was simply full and I suppose that’s why I lost a bit of weight.
    Still, fasting was hard for me today, but I made it – my count is 499 calories, and I’ll go to bed very soon, to avoid temptation.
    It’s nice to know that tomorrow, my weight will be down again.

Good luck, everybody!

Hi all,

Another fast day for me today. I need a good weight loss this week or I fear I am going to start losing motivation.

Ooh dear, Teeshabell
    I know how you feel… BUT you must not give up… We’ve all been there before, too often. It doesn’t do any good, we just get fatter.
    We must not fixate on the scales.
    Think about how you’re feeling.
    I feel less. I feel as though I take up less space than I did before.
    Get out the measuring tape!I know I am less. My watch is loose on my wrist.
    We can do this Teeshabell. Have a good day at school today and check in this evening.

Thank you for the encouragement yesterday Joan. Really needed it!

Weigh in this morning saw a loss of 3lbs so as you can imagine that was the boost I needed to remind me that this does work! And Joan you were right, I have lost inches too!

Got to keep my eating under control this weekend as this is often where I undo some of my hard work.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Hi teeshabell and Joan, after three days of fasting (mon, tues and thur) only lost a lb! I measured my waist and have lost a total of 2 1/2 inches so feel a bit better. I am going to stick with the two days fasting and hope that I get better results. I know how you are feeling teeshbell but we can not give up! In total I have lost half a stone in 5 weeks so must think about that. Well start again on monday, keep smilling everyone πŸ˜€

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 280 total)

You must be logged in to reply.