HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,101 through 3,150 (of 7,330 total)

• Thanks for sharing the article Precious.
    This is why we have had such success on 5:2. I got rid of all bread, pasta, flour and potato from our house for most of the first year. We then totally rethought our food, substituting flour based foods with veg and not buying processed food. I am a great believer that whipping up beautiful home made food only takes planning not longer. I can have a fantastic tasty no refined carb meal on the table before most people can open a packet and microwave it.
    Natural whole foods are cheaper, healthier, more sustaining and sustainable, delicious and, as Dr Fung says, no one gets addicted to them.
    Come on LOACAS, get down to your local market and stock up with fabulous fresh produce! Start an anti refined and processed foods revolution! πŸ™‚ PVE

Me? πŸ˜‰

Hi BooBoo chino’s and black T -shirt got a wow off big Sis but she would, love her. I loved the look like I said in my earlier post. Thanks again for free advice on colour scheme better than a personal shopper and much cheaper. LOL
    Regarding where I want to lose the couple of pounds from around my frame, I have a nice spare tyre which is also known as an apron which is a left over of baby fat from the birth of my very young son age 48 next birthday. Also I am hoping that my Nordic walk in is going to help with bingo wings which are to fat. Other than that I think it could be all I will lose because like you I have not lost anything off my bust just all the bits that use to hang out all over the bra at all angles of my 40G size and now it’s 34GG how did that happen? or was it that I was trying to make 40GG girth fit into a 40G properly.
    LOACA. Hope you all had a lovely day, I have and the weather is still wonderful in South Wales, the welsh schools started their holidays last Friday so I do hope it stays like this for the kids.
    OW’s and DW’s happy fasting or feasting everyone. JIP

Hi All,
    I’ve been trying to read all the posts for this forum and have reached page 33 but feel I’d like to join in. I’ve been on the 5/2 diet since June 12th and have lost 9lbs so am really happy with my progress, although it is slowing down. An unexpected side effect was that a pair of fit flops that had been really comfortable to wear suddenly began to rub, and caused blisters – I think I’ve lost weight on my feet, and after such a short time. That’s amazing. Another area that appears slimmer are my arms and wrists. Whenever I’ve lost weight in the past it begins with my face and then my breasts. This eating plan really is different. I’ve been impressed with the level of support and encouragement you give each other, and as I don’t know anyone else who is following this plan I had felt somewhat isolated. Please keep chatting, it’s really encouraging and educational.
    Thanks.

Purple that’s so true, cooking from scratch needn’t be time consuming, and can be delicious (depending on your cooking skills ….). It reminds me of the words of the American nutritionist Michael Pollan “eat (real) food, not too much, mostly plants”. He also says not to eat anything your grandmother wouldn’t recognise, don’t eat anything with more than five ingredients or ingredients you can’t pronounce! Such simple “rules” to live by, a recipe for life.

Welcome to this crazy happy mob Jackie:)
    It is interesting where the fat goes from isn’t it? My husband and I had the same experience. Fat disappeared from feet, wrists, arms, shoulders and legs first. After 18 months the last remnants of our former bodies hangs stubbornly to the waist.
    We replaced our full wardrobes twice! The first time, we didn’t believe we could lose any more, but we did. My hip bones are my limiting factor now!
    You’ve done well. Stick with us, post your progress. We’d love to follow and support. Purple

Wise words indeed, Cheesy! (Every time I even see your handle I start to salivate. Shows how a life long adiction to cheese is very hard to break!) Cheers P

I’m with you on that one Purple!

Hello Jackie T Welcome to our great thread, BooBoo keeps us all up to date with each other and you will get all the encouragement you want on here.
    G.Day Purple I have a great imagination and the car and this very trendy lady whizzing around in that little car of yours. Go girl go.
    BooBoo very interesting about the carbs, when it’s a fast I do not eat bread, potato or rice and I also keep them to a minimum the rest of the week, with the odd slice of bread with boiled eggs. Potatoes are only eaten when I have a dinner with meat and two veg. On a Tuesday I usually treat myself to a small baguette for lunch that buy on my way home from WW eaten with or filled with salad. So I think I could give up these three things just to get that fat off my stomach and would only be for a little while and like 5-2 it’s doable.
    Well that’s it from me. Battery running out on iPad and my battery is running out too.
    Good night and G-Day all. HF or Feasting JIP.

Hi Boo

Yes, in my humble opinion, a LOACA recipe thread within the Recipes with all our recipes on the one read would be fine.

Thank you so much for the article. My while family is off wheat for all the reasons stated. I gave up all cereals a long time ago as I noticed I didn’t feel as well. Also like Purple, for he first month of the 5:2 I didn’t have any sugar of starch at all. I think I’ve posted before that sugar in any form is addictive for me, and wheat gives me bloat etc.

Giving up all grains and sugars during the first little while of 5:2 meant that I lost 7 kg (15 lbs) in 7 weeks. Obviously after that my weight loss had a plateau. while my body shape dropped a whole dress size.

Now because I’m human, I have to say that the under 60 kg is still an optical illusion caused by my fast day on Monday. Yet, now I have seen the magic number on Tuesday morning, I know it is within reach. πŸ™‚

As Purple says, if you weigh yourself regularly AND are not addicted to seeing weight loss, you see pretty quickly that your weight varies enormously during a single week. πŸ™‚ and no longer care about it.

Go JIP go! You little swinger in your black and pink outfit πŸ™‚ have fun! B

JIP, possum, I can’t wait to visit Wales. The gals there sure seem to be swingin’ …..I’d feel right at home. As my husband says ‘You are only as old as the woman (or man in our case) you feel. ‘ πŸ˜‰ P

Hi Jackie

Welcome aboard the good ship LOACA. My experience is the same as yours. The weight and fat came off quickly from arms, legs, feet, around the ribs and the hips and stomach. The residual weight still hangs around the belly button. πŸ™‚ In the past the weight always went first off my face and bust. I still have my figure and face such as it is! My family have commented approvingly that I haven’t gone all scrawny. πŸ™‚

I am convinced that we have lost the “bad” fat from around our internal organs. I feel so much more energetic and certainly have a more youthful figure. Fat has also gone from what my grandmother used to call the widows hump, that is between the shoulder blades and above. A most pleasant surprise. !

Keep us posted and be prepared for the plateau in weight loss, and admire your new figure as it appears. B

bayleaf, glad to hear that your widow’s hump is gone. Never heard that term before but I do know what you are talking about. An endocrinologist once told me it was due to stress and an increase in glucagon which makes you body store fat. I wondered if I would ever lose that (not as much noticable in clothes but I know its there).

Boo: I read Wheat Belly about 2 years ago and it made quite an impression on me. That is why treats such as pizza are rare for me because of the bread. Love the stuff but I keep it as a rare treat. Wine, butter, cheese….those are fair game. I do think it interesting that the world became obese when cheap and easy carbohydrates where waved in front of us and were were told to cut the fat. And in its place we were seduced with bagged snack foods and fast food. I know I am so less hungry when I limit the wheat. Rice does not seem to have the same effect. But as you often say, we are all so different . Each needs to find the combination that works for them….keeps them satisfied yet results in the weight loss they are needing.

Hi PVE and all LOACA

I Had a night off from this thread so need to catch up, 17 staff from school went out for an Italian meal. I was good and didn’t have a starter, but did have cheesecake for desert. There is a topic called “Meal plans and meals” and this has lots of recipes on it. I’ve just put the veggie curry on there. Will have to find time to browse the recipe ideas, well we break up today so I’ll have lots of time once I’ve finished the long list of jobs I’ve made for the summer holidays!!
    Ali x

Hi everybody!

Yes Purple, it doesn’t take long at all to cook a healthy meal. I fasted yesterday, arrived at my office at 7.45 am and left at 7 pm, did grocery shopping, went to see my mother-in-law, so by the time I got home at 9.15 pm I WAS STARVING. But I got out the pressure cooked and made hot and spicy curried cabbage in 10 minutes! LOVELY. Though I must admit the weather is a bit too hot for that kind of food.

LUVTCOOK, you are right about carbs. I am usually hungrier after eating them. They are addictive and easy to eat. But I haven’t excluded them completely from my diet. PreciousBooBoo, I am very impressed about the news you posted on wheat. My problem is that I love good wholemeal bread. We get freshly baked rolls and ciabattas over here and I have to walk past the bakery section at a supermarket or a bakery, because the smell of freshly baked bread is very tempting… however, I will think of my spare tyre every time I walk past bread from now on.

Jackie, I started 5:2 six/seven weeks ago, I lost a lot of weight at the beginning and plateaud around 2 weeks ago. I have only lost about 1 kilo since then. But I am persevering because I finally managed to go under the 80 kilo mark!

Enjoy your day, everybody.

Good Morning all LOACA. I did a fast on Monday, ate last at 9pm on Sunday. We had a 100 cal lunch at 2pm Monday and ate our allowance by 9pm. When I woke up on Tuesday I didn’t feel at all hungry so waited until 1pm to eat. Even did the supermarket shop!! So that was 2 fasts on following days.It was so easy I can’t get over it as in the past I have always been so scared that something dreadful would happen if I missed a meal. Don’t know quite what but it probably goes back to childhood. This WOE has been a revelation!!! WN.

Well done, WN. It is fun discovering your real appetite at last, isn’t it? B

Hi LUV2

Have you seen the discussion we had above about putting the recipes we get submitted to this thread; onto the Food Section of the forum within the Recipe sub-section?

Please have a read and see what you think since you are one of our LOACA’s who provides us with lovely and imaginative recipes.

Anyone else; please speak up or I’ll just go with the flow and be done with it!

BooBooxx

Hi Precious
    I presume it just requires starting a thread called LOACA Recipes (or whatever) and we cut and paste our recipes into it as posts. JJ will put the thread into the right grouping. We can then just continue adding recipes, without the chatter πŸ™‚
    It would be an excellent resource.
    Cheers P

I do the fast diet now for. 4.5 weeks. I am 59 years old and yesterday I had my period so I am still not at the end of it. Lost 4.5 kg in this time but not smoothly. The non fast days I eat less than allowed, about 1500-1600 cal although I move about a lot. The fast days I only eat 1 fruit, vegetables and meat, no carbohydrates. And I don’t drink any calories, not even on feed days. Stopped using all artificial sweeteners and since then I lost all sugar cravings. Does this help?

Hi Purple

As you might have seen; I have set up the new LOACA RECIPE THREAD!!
    (in the Food Section: Recipe sub-section)
    and all it needs now are the recipes shifted over.

Can you tell the pertinent LOACA’s how to do this please or would you like to jump in to the breach? (It will be a long trawl….)
    It’s okay, if you don’t have the time or inclination; folks will have to do it themselves!

BooBooxx

Hi Juliana

Well done. I also gave up all sugars and starches and have had good results. It is healthy to eat small portions of protein such as fish, chicken or meat with steamed green vegetables. Enjoy!

Hi Cheeseplease

I have answered your post to the new LOACA RECIPE THREAD!! on this THREAD!

I don’t want to quash your lovely enthusiasm for a minute BUT if you continue to post chatty posts onto that THREAD; it will become just as difficult to locate the recipes amongst all the chat!

I did ask several times if you all wanted the recipe posts to be posted on SEPARATE THREADS……….

I’m pleased you suggested Cheesplease that I might be awarded some silverware today; because it is this threads ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY and I have prepared a speech! I think I’m allowed!

Post it in a bit! It does go on a bit…….well what else would you expect from me?!!
    BooBooxx

Hello eveyone! This is my second week and fourth fast today. I’m in a weird way enjoying the fast days as it’s a novelty not to think about food. I plan my 500 cal and thats it. I’ve battled my weight for many years and am a bit of a grazer so this is a big change for me and what I need I’m sure. I’m not nearly as hungry as I thought I would be and the only slight problem is being a little ‘jittery’ in the afternoon. Yesterday was my hardest day so far – non fasting and trying not to slide into old patterns. I’ve just started HRT and my GP is going to monitor BP so hopefully that will be helped too.
    2 1/2 lbs off and lots more to go so I’m in for the long game!

Hi Tartan lass and Welcome to the FAST DIET FORUM and this thread

2 1/2lbs is a great start for you – Well done!

Your HRT might account for the jittery feelings since your body is adjusting to it but obviously we cannot be sure about that. It takes a little while to find what works for you on the FD but that is half the fun!
    I’m like you, in that on fast days I don’t want to be fussing about food; I relish having two days β€˜off’ a week from all that!

Stick with us and you will get plenty of support and encouragement but you have to post to get it!
    ONwards and Downwards!
    BooBooxx

Hi Juliana Liri
    Welcome to THE FAST DIET FORUM and this thread!

Wow! You’ve lost nearly 10lbs already and you think that wasn’t smooth?! That is a seriously impressive start to the FD and you’ve only been on it for 4Β½ weeks! How much more do you want to lose – if you donβ€˜t mind saying that is?

I notice that our bayleafoz did the same thing with sugars and sweeteners; what made you do that?

BooBooxx

Hello All Ladies Of A Certain Age!

Well today is the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of this thread!

So HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY to THE LOACA THREAD!!

Anyone who reads the very first post on this thread will see that I was looking to get information from other women in and around my β€˜stage of lifeβ€˜; on why my weight loss was going at such a slow pace.
    It has been inferred before that this thread is ’exclusive’ but not in the complimentary way; in the definition where other posters on the forum are β€˜excluded’. Well I am not going to make any apologies for that; it was after all quite deliberate!
    There is no point in women at our stages of life comparing our journey on the FAST DIET with either younger women OR men – full stop – or at least, not in any other, than a general way. We are not on the same playing field in terms of our bodies operating at full capacity (hormones balanced and working optimally).
    Having said that, some LOACA’s are very healthy indeed and seem to coast through the FD effortlessly with great results.

Obviously I don’t fall into that lucky group and so my original entreaty was aimed at other LOACA’s who were having or had encountered a slow and erratic weight loss similar to me.

And the rest is history as they say!

I would never have imagined that one whole year later the thread would still be going strong with a bunch of feisty women – ever changing! – communicating with each other about pretty much everything!

Another β€˜critiscism’ of the thread at one point; was not keeping to the raison d’Γͺtre of the fast diet forum and just talking about how we manage to follow it and results etc.
    But when following any β€˜diet’ real life impinges on it and has an enormous affect on how you do. So if we are upset we might want to comfort eat or drink; if there is a lot of stress in our lives we might not be able to concentrate enough to even think of fasting; you have visitors come to stay and wonder how you will manage to fast; if we are going on holiday we won’t (usually) be fasting at all and will probably gain weight etc etc.
    The list is endless really…..

Nowadays indeed, it’s a rare thread on this forum that just confines itself to discussing the FD and their problems/results but we are a year more into the forum and it has developed considerably.

What I have learned from lovingly tending the thread for the year is; just how it doesn’t do to generalise even amongst those of us this β€˜same’ menopausal boat.
    We differ in terms of general health or lack of it: levels of and capacity to exercise; genes we’ve inherited; jeans we’d like to get into!
    How balanced or not our hormones are; what foods we eat whilst following the FD and those we are prepared to give up or not as the case may be!

Also I learned that there is a real β€˜market’ for women of our age to be able to communicate with each other; from all corners of the globe literally! Clearly not just about the FD and how to follow it but just to chat about all the other things in life which have a bearing on us.
    How we look and feel has an impact on pretty much every aspect of life and I found out quickly that just because we have been around the block a few times; we still want to look and feel good in our skins and our clothes!

NO MATTER WHAT OUR AGE!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And now forgive me; I’m going to blow my own trumpet for a bit. I do think I’ve earned it!

I think (I know I will be put right pretty damn quick if I’m wrong!) I am right in saying that THE LOACA THREAD is the longest running thread on this forum! (That is no mean achievement…)

It has also been, to my knowledge, the MOST POPULAR THREAD for as long as I can remember!
    So in Purple Vegie Eater’s immortal words – I must be doing something right!

I must hastily add though, I am fully cognisant; it wouldn’t be either of those things without all the LOACA’s who have posted on here and continue to do so!

THANKS to everyone but especially to my Deputy Chief Captain JIP! My Deputy Deputy Purple! And Head Girls (!) smiffy (where are you smiffy?) and AliH with a few others like LUVTCOOK, bayleafoz and NickyF vying to be made lunchtime monitors!

(Forgive me if I’ve missed anyone who makes an especial effort there; I am a Lady Of A Certain Age and my memory is not great!)

Oh and in true Hollywood fashion, I must thank my husband; he has seen and heard a lot less of me in the last year and he’s not always elated about that! He can get quite snarky about the time I spend on here!

I always appreciate when other LOACA’s make the effort to welcome and encourage others to the thread or just plain old encourage and congratulate those of us who have been on here for Oh……a year!

But I do appreciate not everyone has the time to do this; it is time consuming as I can attest!

Now Ladies – As I am the one who usually hands out the awards on this thread; I don’t usually get any (I’ve had one…….again Thanks to Purple)
    But today I think I would like some! Make them as silly and over the top as you like as long as they are nice ones!

HAPPY FIRST YEAR BIRTHDAY TO US!!!!
    ONwards and Downwards!
    PreciousBooBooxx

Hello Precious BooBoo and LOACAs
    Even though I don’t always post messages, I find this forum very inspiring. I am unfortunately not yet at a stage of showing my new found body to the world, I feel happy for those of you who have.

I am having difficulty fasting at present. I am still running after my 2 year old grand son in Rome and fasting is not easy. The new grandson was born and we are wetting his head on a daily basis.
    But the fresh produce of this wonderful land is such a pleasure to eat au naturel, so I am not really using your recipes.
    But this women’s network is as it should be open in every sense of the word.
    Thanks to all you regulars.
    One other positive point for me is that the forum is in English and as an expat kiwi living normally in France where I don’t have the opportunity to discuss such things as the odd excess 25kg which I have, I am even more grateful to be a part of this forum. French women don’t get too overweight, so no discussion is necessary.
    So it would be a medical affair if I do nothing myself.
    For the first time and thanks to you all.
    I CAN LOSE THESE KILOS.
    Thanks and yes please regular contributers, please go on
    Wiwi XXX

A year’s gone by,
    How time has flown,
    We can’t believe
    How LOACA has grown!
    It’s such a joy
    And so much fun,
    Oh my! Your baby’s
    Turning One

Precious, I am reading a lot on the Zite app on dieting, and I hate all the articles about how easy you could lose weight just eating avocados or using this or that supplement. I think they do not respect the fact that it is really difficult to lose weight for a longer period than just that first dieting week nor how difficult it is to change your normal eating pattern and to synchronize it with the people around you (husbands, wives etc.).

And then I read about how artificial sweeteners make you want to eat real sugars because after you get the taste (in coffee, tea etc) your body also wants the calories! It took me two days to wean off the sweeteners and the sugar cravings left me as well. It’s not that I don’t eat sweet things anymore but I can stop after 1 chocolate or 1 bit of a sweet desert, wonderful isn’t it?

I guess these first kilos are what I gained since last summer, from now on it will be more difficult I suppose but I must lose about 10 kg more to be in the save zone again… I hope to be able to help you ladies as I feel already stronger having read all your comments.

Happy Birthday to all you lovely LOACA and well done BooBoo on the one year old thread.. You are the jell that keeps us together like a jigsaw from around the world.
    I think someone should inform Dr Michael and Mimi of your achievement.

I know that 5-2 is going to keep my 4 stone well and truly off this time with a little help from my cyber friends and WW ones too.

This certain age bit is so good because we can inform and answer questions from the LOACA who are just starting this time of life and we (me) who have already gone on to end of this can tell you there is life after the menopause. Treat yourself and look after yourself you are worth it, as the advert says.

Once again Boo you are one classy lady in cyber and in person.

Happy fasting or feasting everyone.

One last thing. If you have not done a profile yet, just where you live in the world and how long you have been fighting this weight war. Why not make it a birthday present to us nosey LOACA and me. Signing off now. Be good or be careful.
    Happy birthday again to Onwards and Downwards Boo and LOACA. JIP

Hi Precious BOO BOO and LOACS. I am in my 6th week of 5;2. I’m proud of my weight loss- it is 11lbs. I’m struggling a bit on fast days, with dizzyness when I stand and I get a bit cranky and reactive to boot! I’m a Kiwi, from Auckland New Zealand. I survived Invasive Breast cancer and put on weight after for the first time ever. I reckon it was plunging headlong into menopause overnight with Chemo. I’m most enjoying feeling in touch with my body, with feeling energized when I walk and the feeling of lightness in my step! I watched Dr Michael Mosely’s Truth About Exercise and got a lot from that. I discovered I am a ‘responder’ to exercise and it helped me hugely in working out what to do to help myself with weight. I’d thoroughly recommend people interested in this looking at it online- it filled in a missing gap for my knowledge anyhow. I’ve been watching this thread for the full 5 weeks now and getting lots of inspiration from reading everybody’s postings. I especially find it helpful to read on fast day pms! I eat my last meal at about 6pm, my next first at about 11 am the next day, dinner at 4 and on to breakfast with a really sharp walk in the day and some rebounder walking also. It’s the sharp walking that burns the fat for me! Thanks again to all the posters on here, it’s lovely to read the inspirational stories!

Hi Precious
    Well done. In a hurry this morning but will get on the computer this afternoon and add some recipes (about 9 hours from now)
    Sleep well western LOACAs. Happy Thursday fasting all. P

Hello all

I began writing this last night, then couldn’t post it this morning because for some reason I had to log in again. Stupidly I had forgotten my password (again!) and was out all day so gave only just been able to sort it out.

Before I launch into my tome, Happy Birthday Booboo’s Thread! BooBoo you deserve the FD Award For Consistent Support, Encouragement and Enthusiasm For Ladies Of A Certain Age. Fantastic!

This is what I wrote earlier:

Back in the land of WIFI after a few glorious days in Wales. We managed to fit in a bit more unpacking in between lovely long walks with the dogs on an almost deserted beach. The water was so warm, and I actually wore shorts in public and looked half-decent! There was also some filming going on for a tv series called ‘Da Vinci’s Demons’, which I’ve never heard of as it’s on Sky which we don’t have, but apparently it has a cult following in the US.

AliH16 – you certainly had your work ‘cut out’ (ughh – pun!). Hope the sewing went well. I certainly don’t know if I could have given away half my chips! And I’m not sure I could have left the skin on the fish if it was all lovely and crispy.

BooBoo – I do hope you are now getting some of our sunshine up there. Very well done on passing the 3000 posts mark and also on the anniversary of your thread. From the number of subsequent posts (which I am desperately trying to catch up on), it is certainly gathering momentum. Thanks for being such a consistent and enthusiastic leader, which I have no doubt is why it is so successful, along of course with regular contributors like JIP,LUVT, Purple, Cheeseplease, and Bayleaf to name just a few. It’s a great gang to be in.

To answer an earlier couple of questions – I lost the 17 lbs in 9 weeks, as I extended the FBD by a week because of the difficulties in following it during my stay in Scotland. I weighed this morning and have now lost another pound, so I am clawing my way towards that 20lbs Award! I had a FD yesterday and for the first time went without breakfast. I often skip lunch on a FD but not breakfast, which is usually a boiled egg. Strangely I didn’t feel too hungry, and made sure I kept myself busy. Fortunately there was lots of gardening to catch up on so I got some exercise too! It was an 18 hour fast, so I hope it did some good. I didn’t drink nearly enough water – I’m very lax in that respect.

With regard to the adverse reaction to high-sugar foods, I get a severe pain, like someone sticking a knife into my abdomen. Fortunately Gaviscon helps, but it has certainly been something of a revelation to realise what causes it. I’m not sure if starchy foods affect me in the same way, as I eat very little except for a small amount of Fruit & Fibre with fresh fruit and low fat Greek yoghurt on NF days. As I write this, following said breakfast, there is a bit of discomfort which I haven’t previously been aware if. Maybe I was just so used to it. I will take note next time I have a large bowl of pasta.

I think the recipe idea is great. Haven’t quite got my head around the options for how we do it, but will read more of the posts when I have time. I’m happy to go with whatever is easiest.

JIP – well done on finally plucking up the courage to wear the pink chinos! The outfit sounds great. I wish I could say the same for my shorts on the beach, but at least I could get into them. They are very old and faded and I look like a beach bum but they are so comfortable! I’m looking forward to the day when they are too big.

Haven’t had time to catch up on the rest of the posts. Looking forward to an interesting read later!

Have a great day all, whether it’s a FD or a non-FD.

Smiffy x

Ps. Be warned – OH (who, being a man, has lost a stone and a half by default since I’ve been doing this!) is beginning to show a worrying interest in this site. He has a wicked sense of humour, so If we get a suspicious-sounding newbie she may not be all she appears to be……! He has had stern words!

Hi paintpaper
    I’m almost local to you…an Aussie πŸ˜‰
    Your experience with breastcancer and the aftermath must have been a terrible struggle. Well done for taking control.
    Your pattern on fast days sounds very common. It is SO important to listen to and respond to your own body’s needs not societal expectations.
    Keep it up. And keep posting.
    Cheers PVE

Fantastic speech BooBoo!

JIP – I meant to say we drove home via the A40 for a change and I waved as we bypassed Brecon (that IS where you live isn’t it?)

Cheesy..
    Loved your verse
    It gave me joy
    Don’t need a nurse
    Don’t need a boy
    Can fast myself, sans food or wine
    Just need my LOACA mates online
    Purple

Boo, I guess I would vote for a seperate location IF it were easy to find. It would be nice if those that tried the recipes posted would recommend them or advise the gals if something sounded better than it tasted. But Jojo had recommended I limit my recipes to a specific thread/post and I could never find where the darn thing was. So as long as you helped us locate it to get all of us started, I would hope it would be helpful. But I will certainly support what everybody decides they want and what is most accessible and useful OW DW FW.

And a Happy Birthday to the tread ( and to your sweet Prince George. The whole world loves your future king. Cheers to Great Britain….some good news amoung all the bad on the TV nightly news for a change). Two big birthdays well earned. Glasses raised (applause can be heard in the background……yeah !!!!)

Smiffy: way to go my dear. You will have to share your secret (my guess is plain old hard work and willpower0.

Hi all

Just catching up as I was out last night, just posted on new recipe thread the Veggie Balti. Ali x

Hi Smiffy, It would have been hard to see the wave from here, I live nearer your new holiday home, we live about 20 miles from Swansea and 20 miles from Cardiff right in the middle. I have some nice shorts that come just on the knee and I can get away with them now.
    Glad your new home seems to be coming together, I told you I am a dab hand of packing and unpacking but it is 28 years since my last move and after all the building work and re-carpeting and deco I think I will be going out of here in a box which is my hubby’s favourite saying. LOL. Not yet I hope or a long time yet I am enjoying myself and life too much. LOL.
    I agree with you there are a lot of posts to catch up with and a lot of newbies to welcome.
    Happy fasting or feasting. JIP

I’m going to be late now Precious. I am typing through my tears …have just read your lovely long birthday reminiscence.
    It is with great pleasure I hearby, on behalf of all the Aussie girls, award you the Honourary Chief Inspirer for Sustainable Weight Loss and Continued Health into the Later Years Southern Cross Star.
    This is a very special award, very rarely given and much prized by auction houses throughout the world. Wear it with pride. It is well deserved…oops..I didn’t mean to stick the pin in….hope your chest will be alright….and here with flowers are the table monitors…come on girls, don’t be shy, the great BooBoo won’t hurt you.
    (Cheering and clapping continues for an extended period around the globe)

BOOBOO! Congratulations on your wonderful award from the other side of the pond, it’s is seconded by all of your UK LOACA followers. Dr Michael didn’t think this had anything to do with his little old 5-2 book and program did he? LOL
    Hi Purple, bayleaf and Boo I have not lost my sweet tooth but I do find that fasting days and B2Bare easy for me. If I keep looking in the mirror and keep checking the size of my chino’s etc I will not be putting the weight back on. Keep me on track LOACA and thank you all.
    Hello to all the newbies, Juliana Liri,Tartan lass, sorry if I have left anyone out by name but when you have had time to read our lovely LOACA posts you will see it is getting a full time enjoyable read. I joined in April and I did start reading back to the begin it was worth it. We are from all walks of life. Join in and enjoy 5-2 WOL.
    Good morning, LOACA from over the pond have a good day, I’m off to bed.
    I need my beauty sleep. JIP

Purple, you must be the Southern Hemisphere poet laureate, I cobbled mine together using one I found online.

Smiffy, weigh to go, bet you rocked those shorts! How many LOACAs are busy updating their wardrobes, I wonder. Quite a few I should imagine thanks to Dr MM, Mimi, Precious BooBoo and her wonderful anniversary thread, and all the support around the world. I am so glad I found it, a WOE that really works and is changing so many people’s lives for the better.

Before I get going on responses, for those wanting the new LOACA Recipe thread, just go to Active Topics and look near the top for the LOACA Recipe thread. Then tick the response box and you will automatically receive the recipe emails. Easiest way I know of to locate a particular thread. Enjoy πŸ™‚

Hi Purple, JIP, bayleaf, booboo,et al! All those awards are so well deserved. I found an old one I got for swimming at school which is about all I have to offer, but it meant a lot to me and I hope it will find a place in the clubhouse trophy cabinet in lieu of the solid gold one which was on order from Amazon!! As to the clothes issue I am off shopping tomorrow for a new dress to wear for my anniversary which is soon. I have already given several items to charity which are now too loose. I think the plastic may get a dent in it! Better get to sleep now as I will need to be fully energized for the shopping.Fast day tomorrow. Good fasting to all! WN.

Hi everyone,
    Thank you for the lovely welcome.
    Today I was walking the dog with a lovely lady who had a bulldog, and she was raving about her diet. I think she called it the Shaker Diet, and she had been persuaded to spend one hundred and fifty pounds on products – milk shakes, snacks etc. She had to have two shakes a day, two snacks and a light meal in the evening. She had been on the diet plan for the same time that I had, and had lost 5lbs.
    I congratulated her, said it sounded like the old Cambridge diet, and said I preferred my own. Mine cost the price of a book, some reading, and a good website, and I had lost 9lbs in the same time period. Big high five for 5:2

Dear President BOOBOO

Congratulations on all of the well deserved awards that will flow to you today and on your heartfelt speech. This is indeed a very supportive thread for those of us of a certain age, almost 68 in my case. I second the Southern Cross award from our Antipodean Poet Laureate and trust you will treasure it for the next 1,000 posts. πŸ™‚

OH and I will be travelling in your region in September and I will give a wave to you and JIP as leaders of this pack! As we travel out via Sydney I will make a mental wave in DD Purple’s direction. πŸ™‚

While I did find it easier than some to lose the weight, I will need this thread and the Maintenance Chat box thread to remain steadfastly on the IF wagon in the years to come. So thank you once again for making me (and others) feel very welcome and for coordinating such an open thread, with lots of relevant topics. Not just food. πŸ™‚

Hi JIP

I have not lost my sweet tooth either, but I now only snack on two tiny squares of chocolate. I am happy to report that I have lost my taste for sweet pastries etc made in Oz. That will be tested in France later this year!!

Boo, Thanks for posting the wheat belly article. I have been saying these things to friends and relatives, but had no scientific backup. Many of my family have given up wheat and sugar for the gut reasons that others have talked about on this thread. B

Hi Purple

When you have time, could you post the quick recipe that you included recently as an example of quick, easy cooking. I seem to remember chili featured and it was all cooked in 10 minutes. Our Burmese curries last night were yummy! oops! Shouldn’t mention food on a fast day. πŸ™‚

The jackhammer is at the back of the house in the kitchen today, so it seems more bearable. I feel sorry for the operator. I will be going out soon and then it will be easily bearable πŸ™‚ B

Viewing 50 posts - 3,101 through 3,150 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.