Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 14,786 total)

• any words of wisdom and encouragement will be greatly appreciated as I try to overcome the guilt..!!

Thanks for the tips I really appreciate it, it becomes really boring if your just eating the same old things on fast day. Keep up the great work everybody. Hope to hear great inspirational stories over the journey. to help keep me on track.

Pree, I hear ya, I was/am the same. However, we need to remember that we are only humans. As CG rightly said, its Xmas time and this time will be over before we know it and then we will think that we did not enjoy our Christmas with family and friends.

You slipped because you have started at this time of the year. As I said for KT as well.”This is a very brave decision.”

Good thing is that you are sneaking in fast days to balance some of those extra calories. I know the guilt feeling, However, once the festivities are over, you will be in a swing with fasting already and your fast days and non fast days are going to be much better.
    I have been fasting since start of October and until two weeks back, it was very easy. With the festivities and food around almost everywhere, I am now struggling with my fasts. This is where our Aussie Determination kicks in and we WILL try and get through this with all of our AUSSIE DETERMINATION!!!

Well, so much for me fasting, just had a glass of wine, numerous yummy rum balls and a few cream filled wafers with friends who called in. Hay, it’s Xmas, friends are more importand than diets. One week off will not undo all my hard (easy actually) work. It’s the time of year, planned to fast today, but now that idea has gone, still salad for lunch and dinner so still healthy choices, no chips with it as in the past, maybe a chicken breast….. Life goes on :)… CG xxx

Thanks FatBuster, that means so much..!!! I am determined to keep up the fast and not give in..!! Have to do some last minute Xmas shopping today so hope all the walk int he shopping centre will not make me too hungry..!! Might have my low cal lunch before I go shopping.. that will certainly help..!!! I am determined.. i am strong..!!! Thanks Aussie Determination ..with your help and encouragement.. I know I can do it..!!

Well done Pree for being that determined. Don’t worry we are here with you 🙂

CG, you have done so well and lost so much, exactly right that one indulgent day is not going to throw all the hard work away. Making healthy choices and moving on is my motto this holiday season too. I am determined to fast today and tomorrow, but I have a big 4 course lunch planned on Wednesday at an Italian Restaurant. Why not, its holiday season and we are in control. Right??? Hope you enjoyed time with friends and rum balls…yum yum yum!!!

So don’t want to fast, so don’t want to fast……..BUT I’m doing it anyway!

Hi everyone….great to catch up the posts and read so many success stories as well as challenging times….makes me feel more encouraged 🙂

Had another blow out weekend….actually got p#*%ed Friday night…..one of those quiet drink times that went on too long…..then on Sat ate too many carbs as had massive hangover…..just can’t drink much anymore….

I was going to put today’s fast off until tomorrow, but have started now so will keep on going….it will probably be my only fast day until maybe Saturday…not sure yet

CG……enjoying those special times with friends is what counts in life….and you can always fast again another day

Keep up the good work Pree and FB…I will be determined with you!

If it helps for newbies to hear this..fasting is such a non thing for me now that I just realised that it was 2.00 and I haven’t eaten all day.

Not hungry and have just been busy. I just made myself have a boiled egg because I have to go out later and don’t want to get hungry when it isn’t convenient.

I have been in the supermarket this morning and didn’t even think about the fact that I was fasting. I was also sitting for ages in the hairdresser’s and again didn’t even think about it except to say please don’t give me a biscuit with my cup of tea!

It sounds hard to believe but you really do adjust and while I inwardly groan at the beginning of a fast day just because it is one, after my first sip of coffee (which I would never give up willingly!), I truly don’t give it another thought. Thanks brain!

Uptightoutofsight that is very encouraging to know especially as I am a newbie. Cause at times the day seems to drag, I suppose the trick is to remain busy and preplan as much as you can. Journey on………

Girls you are doing so well, as FB said, especially so close to Christmas
    Foxy, everything in moderation INCLUDING moderation, it does you good to let your hair down, 5:2 is only a PART of our life not all of it, we cherish the improvements we have all had from it, but we are human, life goes on and 5:2 is easy to pick up again, anytime, keep trying to remember how forgiving it is. After my friends left, I found myself hoeing into salami, which I love, with a few gerkins, then a whiskey, so there goes my fast! I think my AUSSIE DETERMINATION is in the bottom drawer today, but I’ll be back on board very soon, so enjoying the season and “festive” foods and drinks….don’t be hard on yourself if you slip this week, IT’S CHRISTMAS….CG xx

Hi Team, fd today for me – pretty easy – my “standard” fd diet of breakfast – a couple of eggs on a single slice of dry low gi toast and dinner – a green salad with carrot and some cherry tomatoes followed by berries with a dollop of low cal yoghurt. No meat no alcohol. Just under 600 cals. From now until bed, just water and peppermint tea. I prefer having the same thing on fast days as I don’t even have to think about it and there is no risk of accidentally going over 600 cals.

Decided to fast only 1 day for the next 2 weeks (Monday both weeks) and enjoy Christmas while keeping up the walking.

I’ll weigh in tomorrow morning then off to the city for work.

Have a great evening everyone.

@gunnadoit, happy to help!
    @andrewofcastlemaine, I am the same, routine makes it easy and I don’t have to think. The last thing we want to do is obsess about it, because then it does rule your life as CG alluded to.
    I had my egg and some cherry tomatoes and tonight I will have a tiny eye fillet and some steamed vegetables. I allow for a spoonful of sauce on my steak and a teaspoon of garlic oil on my veg. and a little bit of non fat milk in my coffees. I usually have an orange which takes me up to just under 500. If I am hungry for some reason mid afternoon, I find one dessertspoon of low fat cottage cheese tides me over.
    I’m sure for some it sounds awful but I am quite happy with my regime. On the second day, I have steamed fish, Bird’s Eye which has the calorie count.

Andrew and Uptight….I too am a creature of habit on fast days, now I don’t even have to really measure…..except if I have something un-planned….like this evening 2 small glasses of wine, which put me over 120 cals…..not too worried…

My standard fare on fast days are……small wholemeal wrap with salad and 30g protein, usually chicken or cottage cheese…..then dinner a large salad with 100g protein…..alternate beef (tonight) chicken, pork or turkey…..I really look forward to this as we grow our own vegies and often I am picking them half hour before we eat….so fresh

gunnadoit, it does become second nature to fast…..I usually don’t really think about it either, but every now and then I have a day that is tough….like the start of today, but then once in the swing, it got easy

You are going great guns Uptight….the secret really is to be busy, keep up the good work, because you are inspiring us all especially the newbies 🙂

Greetings to all, yesterday’s 500 day got derailed slightly, still quite low but not strict, got the hungries at about 2am and was tempted by a homemade yummy gift my friend gave me, a chocky xmas cake rum ball. Face it, theres just too much temptation at this time of year. I think i will be putting the 5:2 to one side til after chrissy, fasting when i can, not over indulging too much and most importantly not feeling guilty about what i put into my stomach.
    The guilt just isn’t worth it for the old self-esteem. even michelle bridges, the guru of eat less excercise more said in her column in the Sunday Age that we should abandon the guilt at this time of year, enjoy yourself and get back on the program once the season has passed.
    I must say though i find i cant eat as much as i used to since before starting 5:2, even though I haven’t been on it for that long and have no major weight loss to talk about, as long as i stick with it long term it will be good.
    No short term guilt, and plenty of long term determination everyone
    Merry Christmas and enjoy yourselves!

My tip for newbies is have a really low cal and boring lunch, salad vegies basically. I started with boiled egg and salad, after a few weeks i abandoned the egg.
    I am not a breakfast eater though, only a coffee. I also have a berocca in my first bottle of water for the day, just for a vitamin boost only 5 cal.
    Then i have more flexibilty at dinner, particularly in the protein area. Last night was lamb cutlets.. 2 tiny ones grilled and frenched
    I also have lean steak, salmon, kangaroo.. Then there’s chicken dishes which i havent even got to yet.
    I find it easier if i have enough cals left over for a bit of meat with dinner, i would get reallly bored with soup.
    I also make myself a bottle of ice green tea with lemon and mint that i keep in the fridge, add a bit of stevia if i want to sweeten it up..
    But thats just how i do it, the great thing about this is that it isn’t written in stone.. Do what works for you and if you want any recipe or food suggestions… Just ask here everyone is happy to help which is why this forum rocks!

You are all such a positive inspiration. Even with my over indulgences today, I ended on 745 which included two iced coffees. I find when the weather is warm and expected to last, I make a large bowl of coleslaw with low cal dressing, it works out to about 44 cals per generous serve and for both lunch and dinner a bit of thin BBQ steak or chicken, even loin lamb chops, still bring me into under 500 cals on fast days, even cold roast meat from the night before. For the sweet tooth good old diet jelly is always in the fridge with fresh stewed fruit, for non fast days, so routine keeps you stopping from guessing too. Water is a big key on fast days and so easy when the heat is on. It’s wonderful how you are working out what suits YOU, you found your own plan and sticking to it without thinking, it’s the safest way, but it’s good to see how others do it for suggestions, we can always learn. Other than coleslaw I have a bowl of caulie tabouli some weeks or just a fresh garden salad, it all works, like Foxy I have vegies growing, or neighbours do and we swap………enjoy your evening….CG xxx

Thanks so much everyone for the very warm welcome, the encouragement and tips, I’m overwhelmed and its really made such a positive start to my new journey. I managed to do my second fast day today as wanted to get it out of the way before the festivities kick off. Was a lot easier being at work and very busy on fast day than at home. Really hard to not have a glass of wine at the end of the day though… Especially as i work in a winery and after pouring wine all day you really feel like one yourself! But the food was really quite yummy. And I’m actually enjoying the challenge of thinking up tasty low cal meals. The support and encouragement is fantastic so a very BIG thank you again. 🙂

Kt, Foxy and I might come visit you at work one day, oh and GG too…..CG xx

Hi Lindanaf, to come back to an old question, I’m 164.5cm so slightly taller. My BMI is around 23.5 right now. I calculated my ideal weight a while back and it told me it was 57.2kg. Which seems like a bit low for my height. I’m not shooting for that, let me tell you.

Hi all, I had the bright idea to go through my freezer today and look for veggies I’d forgotten about to put them in my FD soup before the new year starts (like a winter cleaning). Turns out the celeriac I found was in fact celeriac/potato/rabbit stew left over, which I only found out after I had already chucked it into my oxtail broth. Lmao, made me panic just a bit. Thought my FD was ruined. Counted it (estimated more likely) and it’s about 250kcal for 2 mugs. So not even bad at all. I’m calling this a Christmas muiracle. I get to eat potatoes and rabbit on a FD without exceeding my fast. Yay!

Are we giving tips to the newbies about FD food/hunger? FRESH SOUP! At least 50% of my FDs are Soup Days. It usually comes down to 100-150kcal for 2 mugs and I’m full and saturated all night. And the rest of my family love soup too (they do dunk buttered bread in it, though). It also helps with left-overs. I even use the stalks of broccoli and cauliflower I didn’t eat the week before (you know, the part you cut the ‘edible’ part off of? You can use that as veg for soup).

I don’t eat before my dinner anymore (I started with lunch, but gradually taught myself not to eat until dinner). It’s 19:30 here and I haven’t had any solids yet (only water) and I feel totally fine. It takes a while to get used to, but I’ve been doing this for about 20 months now and I never really get hungry anymore (on regular days I do, though lol). Just a naggy sensation in the back of my stomach every once in a while. It fades quickly when I distract myself. You guys will find your ideal routine to get through it and then it’s really not a big deal anymore. Just take it one day at a time (such a cliché, I know). Anyway, Onwards and Downwards my beautiful Aussies!

Hi five-twoers,
    Week 3 and still no movement in the tape measure, in fact today the waist measurement was up : (
    Today is FD and my stomach is growling (as it does most days but worse on FDs). Last night was a Christmas do with my knitting group so I didn’t stop eating until after eight. That means my sixteen hours doesn’t come up until after midday.
    I’m not keen on abandoning the regime because of Christmas but will play it by ear each day.
    Next FD is after Christmas for me so I’ll aim to stick with it.

Happy Christmas all, I’ll be absent for a few days.
    See you on the other side

Thanks @foxycoxy! You inspire me!
    Wise words, @robbiej. Guilt at this time of the year especially is crazy!
    @ktmaree, wine was my greatest challenge too. The good thing about this is that finally I am obeying the health guidelines about 2 alcohol free days per week. It seems this lifestyle is what it takes for me! Working in a winery though, that’s tough! Yet also sounds excellent!
    Funny story @flemishcurves, could you once have imagined that eating rabbit would have caused you to panic?
    @knitomat4.0.0.0 , probably water on the waist, give it time. I know it happens to me when I eat carbs. I hope you are seeing results in other ways. My daughter, who had little to lose, is only losing small amounts but looking good.
    I have accepted reluctantly that I am not losing this week and in fact seem to be a little up. Road trip begins today for a few days with family so won’t fast until next week now after yesterday.
    I enjoy checking in here every morning while having my wake up coffee. Merry xmas to all, don’t expect to be on here for a few days. Enjoy, don’t stress!

Morning all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! So no fasting from now till next week, besides Christmas is for enjoying.Kt I agree with upt, it’s usually water retention, in fact you may surprise yourself and drop all of a sudden when not expecting, often when fasting, if you don’t drink enough, your body hold fluids instead of releasing them which is why it’s so important to keep the fluids going in any form to flush yourself out.

Santa comes in two more nights, carols are on tomorrow night, what a magic time of years, I always maintain it’s for kids but even at 64 ( first time I’ve called myself that) I still get caught up in the atmosphere of it, you can’t help it, cooking all done, treats and shortbread make, just pork to cook Xmas morning and I do my brandy butter Xmas Eve, what a lovely family time of year. Even when not fasting, choices and meal sizes for us will be different, we don’t seem to fill our plates like we would have last year, we will nibble on the treats but not as many as in the past, our brain, body just doesn’t seem to want it now and we cut back Unconsiously. Enjoy your week everyone, I’ll still be posting daily and reading your thoughts and stories, have a fantastic day team, I’m so grateful for all the support our AUSSIE DETERMINATION is sharing, our family feel, the love we share..the non judgemental advice, thank you….CG xxx

Well, I popped into the doc surgery where I usually weigh myself and the measurement is down. I didn’t do a pre 5-2 weigh-in but guesstimated my weight based on the last time I’d done it and given that I reckon I’d put on a bit more the loss is unequivocal. Even if I go by my last weigh-in which could have been a year ago (I don’t get to the doc very often) and was lower than my guesstimation, it looks like I may have lost between 1.3 and 2 kgs.
    Today I’ll really keep up to the water in an effort to start flushing the system especially because it is feeling hot and muggy here in Geelong today. I’ll also be in the car for about 4 hours later this afternoon/evening. I’m off to see the family and can’t wait for the break.

Cheers to you all. : P

Hi all. Love the idea of frozen vege soup FlemishCurves! Thank you! I’ll be doing that today. Beautiful day here in Perth. My boy having a friend over for a play date. I’m looking forward to a day at home. I’m going to enjoy the season and try not to stress about food. I agree with what CG said. Five two is already a way of life for some and becoming that for the rest of us. I’m in the becoming section! Take care.
    Reldz 🙂

Morning AD’S. Big Happy Birthday to you, Countrygal! Enjoy your non fasting special day 🙂 I’m enjoying a few extra treats, with my son who is visiting 🙂 Prawns and drinks on the deck in the afternoon, lovely. We have been playing the wii together, so maybe a bit of fun incidental exercise there. I also bought a game on ebay where you have a camera on your computer and you exercise side by side with this lady. It’s quite fun and we had a few giggles and still got puffed, so maybe a few drinks got zapped…well I’m just hoping…
    Have fun everybody! It is the season to be merry after all!
    Cheers, Linda xx

Happy birthday Country Gal. Have a super fantastic day. You are amazing. X x

I forgot you were a Christmas baby, CG! Happy Birthday! Enjoy every moment, you definitely deserve it. My dad is a real Christmas baby too, he was born the 24th at midnight exactly. When the nuns asked his mum to give him a Christmassy name – like Chris, Emanuel or Noel – and she refused, they refused to make his birthday the 25th, so that’s why it became the 24th 🙂 Instead, they called him Rudolph (he goes by Rudi). Haha, I guess Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer hadn’t arrived in 50s Belgium yet, so they had no idea they gave him a Christmassy name after all. Always cracks me up.

Marelda, over the year food always accumulates in my freezer and it’s a god thing to purge every once in a while. Busy (and expensive) Holiday weeks are the perfect time to cleanse the freezer. Plus that makes some room for ice cream stollen for dessert 🙂

Uptightoutasight, you are so right, I was just talking to my mother about it. The things we used to eat and think we were healthy. And now I get a jolt of adrenaline when I think about accidentally going over 500 kcal on a FD. How we have changed.

This reminds me, has anyone ever seen Secret Eaters? It’s one of my favourite food education shows. It’s so funny and confronting at the same time, but without beng preachy or condescending. Brilliant show.

Hi everyone

So happy fasted Monday whilst away in caravan park. Funny how attitude to food has changed. I am determined not to put on weight this holiday first time ever. There will be food and drinks but I will not go overboard. Everyone drinking last night I didn’t!!!!!!!!!

I have found two Personal trainers in caravan park funny what happens when you get up early. Did a 5km run walk run along beach this morning. Have training sessions set up every morning at 8am, with new people should be fun. Then exercise done before brekky every day.

Hope everyone has a great week.

I will be reading.

Bali

Happy Birthday Countrygal..!! Hope you had a wonderful day yesterday with loads of presents from family and friends…!!! I finished my fast day yesterday..! I had a busy day yesterday at work.. so didnt feel hungry. Had a cupe of tea and a toast in the breakfast..Lunch was small mediterranean salad, and 2 eggs omlette with steamed vegies for dinner..!! 2 cups of tea and plenty of water trhoughout the day..!!! I was wrapping presents until 2:30 in the morning so did get a bit hungry.. but had a cup of tea and I was ok..!! Fast day was easier than what I thought and I did alright..!! Feeling determined and looking forward for the next fast day..!!! Planning to do another fast day on Wednesday rather than Thursday..!! Feeling determined..!! Haven’t weighed in though..wonder if I have lost any..!!!lol..!!

Good morning everyone, as always have enjoyed reading all the posts and seeing what everyone has been up to!

Countrygal……..HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a day as awesome as you 🙂

Flemish…..laughed out loud at your Dad’s Christmas birth and naming! Haha….great story…..must be nice having a cold Christmas, so different for us Aussies!

Bali…..you have come so far! Well done you, to fast whist on holidays as well as get some extra exercise in…..you wont put on this year..

Relz…enjoy your day and your Christmas, 5:2 will soon become a way of life, I would say that I’m still emerging as well….

Lindnoaf…..how nice to enjoy those special and fun times with your son. My youngest will be over in about 2 weeks, so looking forward to seeing him.

Robbie…..you are right, making good choices and decreasing what we eat will ultimately get us all there and if we do slip up (i”m doing it continually) then we can’t can’t let guilt get us off track….then we might just toss it all away….enjoy your Christmas and eat, drink and be merry..

Knitomat….well done, being lighter than last time is a great start!

Ktmarie…..wine is my main down fall…..it makes me too relaxed about what I put in my mouth….and working at a winery! Talk about temptation…..you are strong and determined! Well done.

Well I’d better get off of here, sorry for the novella….I have a date with the blasted birds and my Apricot tree…..time to get out there and pick them before they eat them all…..love this time of year…..picked blackberries, raspberries & strawberries from my own garden and made a lovely Summer Pudding for Xmas day….yikes i’m raving….have a great day everyone….Kezza xxx

Thank you girls so much for your good wishes, it’s really appreciated, already on my second icy crisp wine on this hot humid day in country Vic, so this week is for enjoyment. What do they say ” EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY”, I don’t need an invitation today thats for sure. Vaccing car getting ready to load all the crissy presants to take tomorrow, house work up to date if you don’t look at the kitchen, always my last endevour, always been the family gathering point and even though I’m on my own ( with three king charles spaniels and Maggie my persian) it’s still the place to be. Cows and sheep all fed, so watering the green houses with sprinklers now too. I’m actually getting ready not so much for Xmas day but BOXING DAY, my one day off all year, other than feeding stock, where I live on leftovers and enjoy the cricket with a few refreshments! Happy Day everyone…enjoy….CG xx

Let me start with: Happy Birthday Countrygal
    Birthday cake candle

Really hoping that this new year brings good health and happiness for you. And you dare not fast on your Birthday….LOL.. Enjoy the cake… yum yum yum yum… Because you DESERVE it!!!

And Foxy you are so good at addressing everyone, so I will copy you and say Ditto as I am very late in posting today. But really very happy to see so many people so determined at this time of the year too. Claps for all Aussie Denominators….. clap clap clap

I fasted yesterday, finished at 520 cals and today is another fast day. B2B fast so that I can enjoy my 4 course Italian Lunch tomorrow (with couple of glasses of wine 🙂 ). Really looking forward to it.

And , I was not scheduled to weigh in, But I weighed in this morning (Tuesdays are my unofficial weigh in days as my official weigh in day is Saturday) and Hoooorahhhhh!!!!! I am down to 74.6kgs. So total loss is 9.9kgs and I will shamelessly consider it as 10 kgs. So 10 kgs lost in 11.5 weeks.

However, will report my official weigh in on Saturday as normal.
    Repeating myself aloud, my target is to get to 74 kgs (another 600 grams until dec end).

Then I want to be lose another 4 to 5 kilos until Feb end before I start my holidays. With ultimate target being 65 kgs. So pretty much 9.5 kgs to reach my ultimate goal. May take me long to get there, but at least I have a hope that I can get to my target.
    Until next time, Enjoy the festivities as this time is very precious!!!

Hi everyone, so great to see how everyone is going; big helpings of encouragement. Seeing you all succeed has helped me immensely. I have to have a bit of a brag … I just got home from work and it’s a fast day. There was a large box of Lindt Selections and another large box of Ferrero Rochers on the bench at work. I was very tempted, looked up how many calories in a Ferrero Rocher, opened the lid of the Lindt and smelt that wonderful smell but had not a one. I work casually and it just turns out that every day I’m working for the next couple of weeks is a fast day cos I’m doing ADF. I hope I can keep a rein on myself – they are both my favourite chocs.

Well done GG1! Awesome work!

I want to edit my last post but I can’t. Well, sprry but I have to share this BIG NEWS with Aussie Deteminators.
    As I mentioned in my previous post that my weight this morning was 74.6 kgs, this was before I emptied my intestines (sorry TMI)
    So, i went to work today and two people commented that it seems that I have lost lot of weight, obvio, i was super happy, came home n weighed myself 4 times as i could not believe my eyes. I now weigh at 73.9 kgs…… Wooooohoooooo, Yahooooooooo. So dec end target was 74 kgs, NOW I am 73.9 kgs, so target smashed … Yahooooooooo (sorry for tge brag) so, total loss in 11.5 weeks is …. Drum roll please…….. 10.6 kgs. Looks like I got my Christmas gift. Love you Santa …. Lol

And GG1, please brag here as much as you want as we all love these brags and feel inspired with them. So proud of you. These steps will take you to your goals smoothly. Awesome work……
    CG, Happy Birthday again
    (Can’t you tell that I am happy 😉 )

Oh how awesome, Fatbuster, so well done. Slap on the back, high five, thumbs up.

Congratulations fat buster as the said in star wArs may the force be with you. Great to hear your excitement in teaching your milestone. We all share your joy and look fwd to reaching ours. Great work

FB YOU DID IT YAHOOOOO, I remember when you were so concerned, GG will be over the moon for you, CONGRATULATIONS we are all very proud of you….CG xx

Thanks GG1, Gunnadoit n CG. I was worried about reaching my Dec target due to festive season and as I stalled for two and a half weeks, i was not very hopeful.

Gunnadoit, i can share my happiness out and loud here because I know that I would not have been able to do nothing without the support here. Also, of it gives ray of hope to some newbies then it will be a win win for all of us.
    Love this group!!!

Just back from the big smoke…

CG Happy Happy Birthday! I think I speak for all of us when I say you mean a great deal to us. You are always there for us. You gee us up, jolly us along and hold our hands when we need it. You are one special person and I hope you have a fabulous birthday.

FB, you are the Jedi Master of this WOE! You do the tough stuff. 4:3 and B2B and you should be rightly proud of how well you are doing. As my mentor, I am proud of you.

Awwww…. Thanks Andrew, your words mean a lot lot to me. You are so humble.
    And so rightly said about CG… Love tge support, encoragement and especially her morning inspirational posts. She is a champ!!!

Good morning team, thank you all so much for your kind words, I feel quite humbled, you guys are a life line for me too, I take on board all you have to say and share and feel for you when things aren’t quite going as hoped.
    Well SANTA COMES TONIGHT, yabba dabba doooooo! I hope you have all been good boys and girls through the year and with the Caroles on tonight it really tops the season and magic off. The faces of those beautiful children by candle light and the wonder in their eyes is awe inspiring.
    Our thoughts go out to the lonely people, the ones who have lost loved ones through the year, the homeless, and the people really batteling to shower their children with gifts under the tree but are financially unable.
    I wish you all the joys and love of the season, I wish you a precious time with your family and friends I wish you safe travel on the roads and of course I hope Santa is good to you.
    I’ll be back on Boxing Day awaiting all the good news of all the over indulgences try not to think 5:2 as I know you will but enjoy all the festivities, the feasts, the wines, all the beauty of Christmas, the extra couple of K’s will be flushed away after the first week of fasting so ENJOY. Thank you all for your support on AUSSIE DETERMINATION, without you, we wouldn’t exist. Hug the ones you love, you are special and unique, don’t hold back on the love and be proud of the person you have become……CG xxxxxxxxx

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!

Merry Christmas Team xxx

Good morning team, I do hope you had a lovely peaceful Christmas day with your families. I didn’t really seem to over eat, the tummy doesn’t seem to need it now, still had the xmas pudding and the extras that go with it though, had a few drinks but because of driving back to the farm even that wasn’t over done. Today is my favourite “sloth” day, just kick back with the cricket. Just about to feed my cows and sheep, my boy’s ( king charles spaniels) are all still asleep, big trp for them in the car, plus Maggie my cat, she came too, so a lazy day for all of us. So many chocolates and goodies in the house, I’ll try to just have a couple each day with my coffee, and stretch them out, probably last till Easter, but rather than pig out and feel sick, plus add so many calouries all at once, problem isn’t it?….Have a great day team, not weighing in today, wrong time of year, starting back on 5:2 Monday, may take a week or two to adjust back to my last weigh in, but what a lovely time of year. Don’t be too hard on yourself, so much socialising still going on, enjoy, next year will ge here next week, so we can all start again, have a great day and enjoy what ever your doing….. CG xxxxxx

Good morning DA’s Hello Countrygal! Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas day. My husband drove us to my daughters house, so I had a few Watermelon Passion Pop bubbles! It’s a bit sweet…but nice 🙂 I forgot all about weighing till I read your post now. It’s Friday today isn’t it! Where does the time go… I might have a “semi” fast today, till dinner. just to get back to normal again. Just no alcohol and chocs. Looks like south Vic is having some cool weather…look forward to that when we move there 🙂 Way too hot in Qld for me . Have a great day 🙂

Where are you moving to Linda, I’m in South Gippsland, right down the bottom, I love the cool weather but it still gets very very hot here, but our Winter is a respite, you can always put extra clothes on, I’m over summer, used to love it but seems so much hotter now, don’t know if its age or the ozone! Bit like you for me today, a hit and miss fast, few drinks in front of the cricket but salads and tuna or cold meat for meals today, hopefully no chocky’s but maybe one or two with tonights coffee, if I can handle the temptation in little bits, I’ll be okay. Enjoy your day….CG xx

Linda my smileys don’t work on this forum, how do you get your too? CG xx

🙂

Ah did it, wow, just copied your email……wow ..CG

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.