Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,851 through 5,900 (of 14,786 total)

• I’m wetting myself!!!!!!!

Hi Lotus, now trying to explain why Im wetting myself – he thinks yours was a lovely present!!!!

Bet he doesn’t get me one though.

Best one ever though – my friend once bought his wife a new range rover for her birthday, he sold her beloved Porsche 911 convertible to pay for it.

Good morning team, new subject, skin care, actually it’s surprising it’s taken so long for us to get onto it as it is so so important. My first job after leaving school was working in a pharmacy. Back in the day, we had to do all the makeup courses as well as hair courses. I have never started a day without moisturiser on my face before my makeup since then. I am awfully slack with body moisturiser other than summer, and it shows! The old adage that makeup ruins the skin has been proved wrong. I wear it as protection from the elements but the moisturiser is the most important. My face has very few lines, other than natures laugh lines, but my body (legs and arms) are like snakes skin, 🙁 Whatever make up you choose, never go with out moisturiser, and if you remember a night cream.I try to remember moisturiser on my body, anything, good old sorbalene, but I’m dressed before I remember :(. I have a lot of scars from having skin cancers removed, I get a lot of solar keratosis frozer off, all this from being a sun lover….it’s Australia, it’s what we were taught as kids, get out a play in the sun! A tan is healthy!
    I have two resident rabbits living in my garden, my boys have tried to catch them but the rabbits are to clever. I’m just watching them play just outside my family room window What a beautiful way to start my Saturday. 🙂
    I’m out to lunch with my usual crowd of girls, catch up time, so hope for a healthy choice, but hay, if I have a few chips….with my salad….so be it!
    Have a happy day team, it’s Saturday, it’s YOUR day, no pressure, no rules, just live laugh and be happy xxxxxx

Hi team. Well some interesting chat re makeup. I’m of Scandinavian and Scots to descent so I too have a very fair skin. Some years ago my dermatologist told me to chuck out my old moisturisers. She told me to buy Calmurid cream. It’s cheap , not in a fancy jar but it is excellent. As I worked as a theatre nurse for years I didn’t wear much makeup as it all got rubbed off by the mask.i still don’t except when I go out. I use sunblock and wear a hat. I guess it’s a personal thing.
    Thankfully I’ve not come across any injured animals of late. It’s cold and windy and wet here today. I plan to be like a sloth and do some reading. I’ve found an author I like. Sue Monk Kidd. I’ve just read ” The Invention of wings” by her and now I’m on ” The secret life of bees. “.
    Have a happy weekend team. I plan to enjoy the odd glass of Sav Blanc too GG.
    XX Doggy.

Doggy, wasn’t the Invention Of Wings great?

OK, I have my pics. Can someone remind me of the easiest way to get them up on this site? Thanks.

Oh no! I lost all my responses to all of our posts! I changed pages , I was working backwards! 🙁

Wow Milena, now we are talking Porsches and Range rovers…Oooh la la la
    Need to revisit my expectations with OH…LOL

Fit, thanks will check out Viva Glam as well, i just love red lipsticks. Suits my darker Indian tone skin. These days I am using MAC’s “Retro” but too orange for my dark skin, but I mix it up with Bobbi Brown “Slopes”, very beautiful red.. Ah, FB stop talking about makeup.. LOL
    CG, I so agree with moisturizing the skin. So, very important. Mine always looks dehydrated. Another reason, for drinking that 1 liter of water everyday. I never do…

GG, glad that u woke up without hangover, enjoy your weekend now..

Upt, create an account on picture hosting websites. I like photobucket.

http://photobucket.com/

Just upload your pictures there. Then click on picture and it will give you some links on the right hand side. Copy “HTML” link and paste it here.
    Your pictures will come up straight on the thread.
    Hope this works for you…
    FB

CG – the resident bunnies and the boys wanting to catch them is a beautiful way to start the morning 🙂 Milena – I’ll let my family know about primrose oil to give cats a stunning coat! They are always trying to fluff our mean cats up 🙂 lol! Fit -11 kilos is fantastic! Skincare- a friend of mine uses rosehip oil! She has fantastic skin and no age spots! She said the rosehip oil got rid of them, including age spots! I don’t use anything , I’m too lazy! I used to use oil of Olay or whatever it is called , but now I just put on foundation! I think it has everything added to it. I use Natio- it isn’t tested on animals -cruelty free and it is all natural $20 and it covers everything up just as good as the expensive brands. I use the medium cover 🙂 but I must admit, I have to start moisturising – I hope it’s not too late 🙁

Oops! I made a mistake 🙁 sorry. Up , you lost 11 kilos , I wanted to congratulate you, that is fantastic.

Hi Fatbuster

we have friends with money – though that friend is a little poorer, she never forgave him – imagine a great lump of a range rover arriving, she was not very impressed – her hubby did it as a surprise – I think its a size thing with some men – the porsche was a classic and much loved – and the guy he sold it to wouldn’t sell it back – she took him to the cleaners!

We have no money but lots of odd cars, a 7 seater people carrier – usually we have two but one has just been sent to car heaven – two 7 seaters for a family of 3! We have three racing cars, a lotus elise – all girls should have one – wish I did, but OH lets me take it whenever I want – and a wee classic mini, sons first car! Oh and an MG Midget, think its a project but as its lived under my bedroom window for 4 years, and has never turned a wheel, it must be a garden ornament!!!!

I would not give my Toyota away …..she was a community Nurses’ CAR 11YRS old AND GOES LIKE THE WIND. Just never needs anything except her yearly beauty expenses.
    Speaking of skin care… this is very good for hydration… ROSE HIP OIL. NATO has one that I have used for ages approx $19 from Priceline.
    AS TACO said the spots do fade ans well as facial fine lines I think it is a must in your skin care. Also always put sunscreen on your hands and arms.esp when driving it is another vitally important regime to have.
    Love the sound of the red lippies. When next in Sydney will check out MAC ,at the moment using a CHANEL rougue red.
    MILENA- You are NOOOOOOOO airhead…. the person who said that is!
    …..GO GAL xxxxx

Milena, Anyone who traded a classic car to get a monster… hmmm.. frog rather than prince 😉
    GG, Taco – I think I will go get a rose hip oil.
    I am travelling (for work) to Manila for a week so log-in times will be odd… I hope to eat well while away, but those buffet breakfasts are the bane of my travel life! Oh well, thi stime will be different because I have this WOL …

Oh Milena – I had such a laugh over the car story…..my OH says your friend should swop her husband’s favourite team’s season ticket for the rival team instead! 🙂
    On the subject of moisturiser etc; when I retired, my SIL asked me what difference did retirement make to my life apart from the obvious and I said I had time to put on body lotion after my shower! She wasn’t expecting that answer but agreed that it is so true that we don’t have time for the simple things on a daily basis when rushing out to work; so it’s little treats like that which I relish every day.
    Doggy – I’m pretty paranoid about sunscreen too and wear it on my face every day and always have a sunhat for walking around in France. Good advice, GG, about putting it on hands and arms too when out and about. I must check out rosehip oil…sounds good.
    Taco – I made the same mistake just the other day; it’s so annoying! Never mind – we know you’re here xx
    CG – you always paint such a lovely picture of your corner of the world, you are so contented and at home in your surroundings, a real country gal like myself. We have pheasants nesting nearby and they often stroll across the end of our garden; but God help them if my labrador got out to chase them!
    FB – when I have six empties of any kind of MAC products, I get a free lippy; do you have the same deal where you are? It’s brilliant 🙂
    Big hi to everyone else here for the rest of weekend. Bank holiday for us on Monday; not that I really notice any more 😉

Can’t believe we crossed posts again, Lotus!!!! Talk about great minds think alike! Hope you have a great trip and I’m sure you will be able to make lots of healthy eating choices. You are right, you have lots of skills in this new wol of life to handle those buffets! Manila sounds very exotic to me…when I was a child, I had an uncle who was a priest and he spent many years on the Missions in the Philippines and I remember my mother getting letters from Manila and other places.

LOTUS- have a great trip… enjoy the Phillipines and the sights if you are able. You’ll be fine with the buffet breaky. Travel well and safe. Look forward to your posts hugs ….GO GALxxxx

Thanks so much Fit, GG 😉

Thanks all. FB, I will give photobucket a go.

12 months ago photo 11296971_10154065207214298_728923140_o_zpsjablnupy.jpg

Now photo IMG_4519_zps0uankgoj.jpg

Now photo IMG_4524_zps8xyql8xb.jpg

Above, the first was 12 months ago and the other 2 yesterday. More to go but a lot better than the first!

Wow Up!!! Incredible transformation – you look so young and stylish 🙂 Isn’t it fantastic how you can buy a more varied wardrobe when slimmer and of course, the clothes look much better on you too!! You should be very proud and pleased. I’m loving finding clothes I gave up wearing a year ago and having the courage to wear them again. How much more do you want to lose or have you a target in sight?

Wow, lookin good!

Thanks, 5 more would make me 60. It is around the midsection . I know my legs are thin but they have always been that way inclined.

Well, Up, you make the most of your fab legs and the rest will catch up!! You don’t look as if you have much to lose in the mid-section either, to be honest.

UP- you are looking so beautiful!.Does not look like there is too much more to lose . YOU ARE STUNNING!!!!! Well done >>>>ANOTHER POSTER GIRL…..GO GAL

Up, you are fabulous…..you look to be at your goal weight, do you really need to lose more? You looked great before too, all your hard work is showing congratulations 🙂 xxxx

Morning team, very cold wet windy Sunday in country Vic. Good day for a roast! Enjoy the day no matter what the weather has on offer, you are alive so live! Don’t forget your bit of planning for tomorrow, I’m making lambs fry and bacon to freeze in portions. Not every ones cup of tea but I love it occasionally. Especially with peas and mash yummmm, and the thick gravy 🙂
    Sunday is supposed to be R and R so feet up team and do something YOU get pleasure out of…happy day xxxxx 🙂

Thanks, well if I had to stay this weight it would be Ok but seriously have actual fat left to go. Don’t worry, I love food too much to become anorexic or similar and I know gaunt is not a good look.

GOOD EVENING TEAM! What a cold and wet week end it has been on the coast. OH and I have spent it being warm and playing MONOPOLY to beat the blues as there has there has not been much on the tele to interest us. I am NOT a property tycoon by any means. It was great fun though.
    Also spent time in between cooking and baking. Soup , bread ghia pods and orange quineoa slice with orange sauce with creamy greek yoghurt was yum ,plus meals for the week.
    Are you all prepared for tomorrow? those of you that are fasting.
    I am working all this week and I am not going to let myself stress over what is to come with it ……definetly NO SAV!. The damage of Friday night was not too servere as I gained 800grms with the Sav and tim tams. Why will I not learn? I have been in this profession for so long BUT it still gets to me!. It is not the clients that I have with there wounds and other conditions that bring me to the brink of frustration , it’s the paperwork , photos and the assessments that the health department want you to attend for their stats I am going to work this week in with a more positive head space and employ the power of the 4P’s to enable me to achieve it.
    Have a great week … smile when you can … even if it is through gritted teeth….GO GALxxxxxx

Hi All!
    Seems very quiet here; everyone must have been enjoying their weekend too much – don’t know whether that’s a good or bad sign 😉
    Sunday just started for me and I’ve decided to get back on the horse tomorrow so I’ll head to the supermarket soon to get my healthy supplies in for fasting – the four Ps!! I will be taking my sister (with dementia) to my house for lunch so will have to organize myself around that; thinking of skipping breakfast, light lunch with her and then light supper of hard boiled egg, salad leaves and cherry tomatoes.
    All the chat about make-up got me thinking and I discovered I had six MAC empties so I traded them for a gorgeous red lippy called Brave Red; of course I had to buy two new eye shadows to go with it! 😆 Yep…I sure do have it bad!!!
    CG – your lamb and bacon sounds delish!
    Up – you have the right attitude and I think this woe does attack the problem areas, especially around the tummy so best of luck with the last 5kg.
    GG – so glad the Sav didn’t do too much damage 😉 Weather here has been just awful for June bank holiday weekend; so disappointing for working families looking forward to a nice break. My daughter went to a big outdoor rock festival yesterday and was drenched to the bone; but that’s the beauty of youth, it didn’t knock a feather out of her!
    Wishing you all the very best for the week ahead. Xxxx

Up! You look amazing! 🙂 sorry I’m not posting – sore throat due to sinus caused by allergies 🙁 not feeling well but I will get ready to fast tomorrow 🙂

Lotus, enjoy your trip 🙂 Fit 🙂 thanks , I’m glad I’m not the only one that loses post.

Sorry to hear you’re not well, Taco, make sure you take care of yourself and if you don’t feel up to fasting, you know how flexible this wol of life is; you can also make it another day. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

Thanks Fit 🙂 I can’t even take a day off tomorrow 🙁 so I’ll have to wait till the afternoon to go to the Dr’s and get antibiotics. We will be outdoors all day tomorrow, I’m going to ask if I can take my car with me- at least I’ll be warm during the breaks! I will skip the fast day if I have to. I normally rely on miso soup and lots of tea to help keep me full but because I hate public loos – and that’s what we’ll have tomorrow- I don’t like my chances 🙁

Hi team! How glam and lovely you look UpT! You seem to have lost years as well as weight 😉
    Taco, hope you do ok tomorrow, look after yourself my dear.
    GG – don’t beat yourself too much – you needed that sav yesterday, from the sound of it 😉
    Fit – Brave Red huh? Oh well, for me plum / ruby red suits more than coral red, otherwise all the yellow tones in my skin come out. 🙂
    CG – good planning for winter with all the yummy food 🙂
    I have reached Manila and my hotel room after a few travel related dramas, stay well all, will post tomorrow 😉

Hi Lotus – good to hear you got there in one piece! Yes, my pale colouring needs a very different type of red but luckily there’s no shortage of shades to choose from! 😉 Best of luck with the rest of your trip – sounds very exciting 🙂

Well I envy those who can wear red lipstick at all. It makes me look hard, so I have to wear softer colours these days.

Good Morning Gang
    And OMG, Upt, your transformation is amazing. You look very very very very beautiful. I don’t see any extra weight on you. And I must say that you have sexxxy long and thin legs. True Inspiration you are!!!

Taco, hope you feel better soon.

Fit, enjoy your red lippy. I tend to throw away my empty MAC containers. Now, will hold onto them for a new Lippy too.

Lotus, sorry, i missed that you were travelling. Hope you had a good trip. Don’t work too much. Have a bit of fun too and don’t worry about 5:2, it will be there for you when you come back. 🙂 🙂

GG, I had a chain reaction. ended up finishing a bottle of Sav on Saturday night. Worst part, with cheese, olives and crackers…LOl But< i am not stressing as my weight did not move anyways. Looks like my body likes this new number 69.8 kilos.
    Do Not worry about 800 grams gain, it will evaporate with one fast.

Fasting Day for most of us team. And what a start to the week. First official day of winter here and damn cold. Soups soups and soups for comfort in this weather. Maybe some shredded Tofu or other protein in soup to fill you up. Let’s do it Gang,
    WE CAN DO IT!!!

FB

Morning team. I agree FB, perfect soup weather for low cal warmth. Very very cold this morning top of 13 only but no wind 🙂 . So get out those lovely winter outfits you can now fit into. With our loss we can pile on the clothes and not look like big bears 🙂
    Winter fashion is lovely and can be put together in layers of mix and match colours. We seem to add and subtract clothes all day depending what shop, building we go into. And of course our homes are lovely and warm but need to top up when we go out. I’m off to the hairdressers soon for a cut and highlights…my little pampering….so will be wearing my ugg boots, comfy leggings jumper and jacket, the jacket of course will come of as the shop gets pretty warm. So looking forward to the several cuppas and chats with locals at the hairdressers 🙂
    Taco, stay well, time of year for all the cold related lurgies. My daughter came home from work Friday full of a head cold. Sick all week end but all you can do is rest, and give your body a fighting chance to beat the virus. Fasting can wait if your not well Taco, feed a cold…starve a fever!
    Lotus Manila will be lovely and warm, good time to escape the cold if you don’t like it. Enjoy your surrounds if time permits and food wise should be great 🙂
    Happy day team, what we do today shall be our reward in the future, stay strong with your fasting, hot drinks help you feel satisfied and if out and about, all the yummy smells will be tempting you but NO TODAY, tomorrow is not far away. You can do it team xxx

Hi team. Up you look fantastic. You must be so proud of yourself. It’s very encouraging for those of us who still have a way to go to see such great outcomes. It’s very cold here today with a southerly wind blowing straight up from Antartica Brrr.! I woke up feeling like I didn’t want to fast today but as per usual told myself it’s just for one day and of course I can do it. I’ve got my meals prepared so it’s no big deal. When I’m finished here I plan to look at the recipe threads to see if I can find something to cook for Thursday’s FD.
    Taco I hope you gets to see the Dr,and get better soon. Re public loos. I always use the one reserved for the disabled. I’ve had two major knee ops so don’t feel I’m cheating. They are invariably much cleaner then the others.
    Fitto some of the worst sun damage I’ve had I got in Italy and France. I just did not expect the sun to be so hot there. Stupid me wiht access to the net and temperatures around the world.
    Cheers and enjoy the day.

Hi team, how are you all holding up on this cold fasting day? 🙂 hang in there, have a hot drink, not long now before a nice hot satisfying dinner, and tomorrow you can have the things you are longing for today 🙂 xxxxxx

Hi all

I have been very quiet today, a bit tired as had a long day yesterday. Family dramas to end off my great weekend which was not nice (very long story)Had a great lunch out and no dinner so I did not eat until 11.00 (2 ryvita) this morning other than 2 x cups of tea and soup at lunch. FD has been going ok and only an hour to home time and have a chicken salad. I can still have them as not that cold yet CG. 🙂

UPT, you look so so so amazing with your weight loss, well done! Lotus stay safe in Manila and eat some yummy food.

Have a great night everyone.

DiiP, sorry to hear of your upset but you are handleing your fast really well. I hope things improve for you, it is upsetting and we tend to turn to the fridge so congratulations on your strength 🙂 xxxxxx

Hi All!
    Feeling the cold here too – the temps here over the last few days have been similar to what you said, CG, but today it’s only 9 degrees! The only real problem is….this is supposed to be our summer!!!!! 🙁 You’re right about winter wardrobe and the layers; it’s the only way to tackle our changeable weather here. Today I’m wearing a light knit tunic dress over leggings and I have a long coatigan to throw over it if I feel chilly. I discovered the tunic dress in the back of the wardrobe; another item I bought and wore about once before deciding I looked too fat in and now I’m loving it 🙂 Woohoo!
    Doit – so sorry you had bad end to your weekend but I admire the way you are staying focussed on FD and not letting family troubles derail you. You are strong and will get through this and feel free to moan or let off steam here. Big hug )(
    Doggy – I had a bit of a scare with skin cancer about 20 years ago and have been told to wear factor 30 every single day even from house to car, so I’m very vigilant about it now but I think the underlying damage e.g wrinkles and lines can’t be undone. However, all my lines are around the mouth and eyes due to smiles and laughter, none on the forehead – so no frowns!!!! At least, that’s what I’m telling myself! 😆
    Best wishes to you all for the week ahead xxxx

Good on you Fit, it was only 9 where I live, we get the forecast for Melbourne but not always the temp. What a great feeling to get into something you thought was beyond you congratulations! 🙂 Just finished dinner so will be getting a cuppa shortly then into my jammies, all snuggly 🙂 and a milky coffee before bed. Haven’t had much all day for my fast, a few teas, one milky coffee and a miso soup for lunch. Be interesting to see if the scales appreciate it 🙁 anyway, loving this cold weather, especially when I’m inside 🙂 xxxxx

Good on ya, CG, sounds like you have the perfect plan. Hope the scales are kind to you. No breakfast for me this morning, the first time I have tried doing things this way so it will be interesting to see how it works out. I’m hoping to lose a little in the next two weeks as I have a fancy black tie ball to go to. I’d love to post some pictures but tried to sign up for photobucket and it wouldn’t let me…don’t know why. My younger daughter is pretty tech savvy and she will be home in two weeks so maybe she will be able to sort things out for me. Keep warm and snug xx

Gotten to that stage Fit for most of us I think, we have to ask the kids…or Grandkids to TEACH us 🙂 🙂 My day wasn’t really planned as such, but hours at the hairdresser, no breaky ever, past hunger at lunch time a coffee then a black tea, so miso (basically just in case) when I got home, then on our coldest June 1st for 20 or so years, I had a prawn salad, so not good planning but really enjoyed it 🙂 love to see you dressed for the ball, I bet your excited to show your new figure 🙂 xx

Hope you happy with your new hairdo…such a lovely treat getting your hair done in friendly salon; great for catching up on gossip and reading all the trashy magazines!!! Off to get stuck into the ironing…my go-to task to keep my mind off eating!

Good one, enjoy 🙂 xx

Hi all,
    Have just joined and wondered if I might join your group. Fasted today and found it okay but bit peckish now. I live in NSW and retired after 39 years in Education. I have two kids and 3 grand kids.
    Your posts are great and the pictures inspiring
    Cheers Pip

Viewing 50 posts - 5,851 through 5,900 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.